PDA

View Full Version : All-star East BENCH

Mishmin
01-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Looking at the votes right now, there's a good chance the starting five will look like Rose, Wade, Lebron, Amare, Dwight. In that case, who will make up the bench, because the more I think about it, the more it seems like it could be simply the celtics starting five. Maybe if Noah's healthy, coaches might throw him in for backup center, and Felton/Ray Allen is a toss up. How's it going to look?

goblazers7
01-16-2011, 02:24 AM
I like your picks minus Noah. He's been out for a while. I think he would've made if he didn't have that injury.

Cubsfan365
01-16-2011, 02:34 AM
That's what the voting says, but in no way does Shaq deserve to be a back-up.

dunedinjays
01-16-2011, 02:43 AM
bargnani

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Rondo
Joe Johnson
Pierce
Boozer
Shaq

Lakerfrk
01-16-2011, 02:52 AM
with those starters the bench.....

Rajon Rondo
Raymond Felton
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Josh Smith
Al Horford/Andrew Bogut

Korman12
01-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Rondo
Allen
Felton
Pierce
Horford
Garnett
Bogut

Boozer and Noah have missed too much time, although if one of them makes it over, say, Bogut, that's no big deal.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Rondo
Allen
Felton
Pierce
Horford
Garnett
Bogut

Boozer and Noah have missed too much time, although if one of them makes it over, say, Bogut, that's no big deal.

Boguts been unimpressive this year in my opinion.

GodsSon
01-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Homer pick, Bargs.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-16-2011, 03:09 AM

Bucks are 14-23 and 11 games out of the division. They don't deserve any all-stars, if anything Boozer deserves the nod because its been either him or Noah that has held it down in each others absences. Plus a 20 & 10 PF for a 3rd place team deserves to be an all-star.

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Bucks are 14-23 and 11 games out of the division. They don't deserve any all-stars, if anything Boozer deserves the nod because its been either him or Noah that has held it down in each others absences for the 3rd place Bulls.

Exactly and its not like the guy is a scoring threat either.

Jsoul101
01-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Bargnani probably won't because anyone on the team such as the Raptors would have inflated stats
personally believe Horford should get the backup C for allstar bench

nolin
01-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Looking at the votes right now, there's a good chance the starting five will look like Rose, Wade, Lebron, Amare, Dwight. In that case, who will make up the bench, because the more I think about it, the more it seems like it could be simply the celtics starting five. Maybe if Noah's healthy, coaches might throw him in for backup center, and Felton/Ray Allen is a toss up. How's it going to look?

East

Rose
Wade
Bron
Amare
Howard

Bench

Rondo, Felton
R.Allen
Pierce
J. Smith
Horford

These 11 are locks. Last spot should be 1 of the following. Bosh, Boozer, or Kg. I think Bosh should have a slight edge right now.

West.

CP3 ( should be Dwill)
Kobe
Durant
Dirk
Pau

Bench

Dwill, Westbrook
Monta, Ginobli
Melo
Griffin
Love

This should be the the western conference allstars IMO. but i do think Duncan will get Blake's Spot. due to the fact Blake is a rookie and Spurs have the bst record.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Wow the West is **** compared to the East. lol

DoMeFavors
01-16-2011, 03:23 AM
East

Rose
Wade
Bron
Amare
Howard

Bench

Rondo, Felton
R.Allen
Pierce
J. Smith
Horford

These 11 are locks. Last spot should be 1 of the following. Bosh, Boozer, or Kg. I think Bosh should have a slight edge right now.

That West all star team is weak

West.

CP3 ( should be Dwill)
Kobe
Durant
Dirk
Pau

Bench

Dwill, Westbrook
Monta, Ginobli
Melo
Griffin
Love

This should be the the western conference allstars IMO. but i do think Duncan will get Blake's Spot. due to the fact Blake is a rookie and Spurs have the bst record.

The west all star team is weak

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 08:39 AM

Unimpressive on the offensive end. Yes

On D he's the same player he was last year. He could finish with the All NBA 2nd/3rd Team at C if he steps his play up. Still a very valuable player but not having an all star worthy season. Healthy has a lot to do with it though. If he was 100% healthy throughout the year he'd certainly make the game before Horford IMO.

Khalifa21
01-16-2011, 09:11 AM
East:

G: Derrick Rose
G: Dwyane Wade
F: LeBron James
F: Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Dwight Howard

Reserves:

G: Rajon Rondo
G: Ray Allen
F: Paul Pierce
F: Carlos Boozer
C: Al Horford

W/C: Raymond Felton
W/C: Josh Smith

West:

G: Chris Paul
G: Kobe Bryant
F: Kevin Durant
F: Carmelo Anthony
C: Pau Gasol

Reserves:

G: Deron Williams
G: Manu Ginobili
F: Blake Griffin
F: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Tim Duncan

W/C: Steve Nash
W/C: Russell Westbrook

On the west team I only have Melo and Durant both starting because of the way the fan voting is playing out. I think for the sake of it, Stern should just put Pau as the starting center instead of allowing Andrew Bynum to actually start...

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 09:23 AM
East:

Reserves:

West:

Reserves:

On the west team I only have Melo and Durant both starting because of the way the fan voting is playing out. I think for the sake of it, Stern should just put Pau as the starting center instead of allowing Andrew Bynum to actually start...

Though unlikely I %100 agree with this statement. Let the player's who have deserved the spot with their play on the floor so far this season play. Having Bynum start is an even further mockery of the ASG. He'll be worthy of being an All Star just not this year.

Also good lists by the way. Love should be in there ahead of Nash IMO, even if Melo isn't traded.

lorneg34
01-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Bargnani probably won't because anyone on the team such as the Raptors would have inflated stats

Do I think bargnani WILL get in it....No
Do I think he SHOULD.....still NO
However it's because there are better and more deserving players

But how dumb can someone be to use your reasoning

How can someone have "inflated" stats cause they are on the raptors
Idiotic post of the tear by far
It's pure ignorance is all.....he plays starter minutes and has a starters avg. 22ppg
Please explain WHY they are inflated......I'd luv to hear this answer lol

NBA-GMaster
01-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Rondo
Allen/Pierce
Garnett
Johnson
Smith
Boozer
Bosh

Crackadalic
01-16-2011, 09:59 AM
East:

Reserves:

West:

Reserves:

I would replace Blake with Love because Love is putting up numbers never seen in what 20 years or so and replace steve nash with monta. Other then that good list

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 10:04 AM

It's pure ignorance is all.....he plays starter minutes and has a starters avg. 22ppg
Please explain WHY they are inflated......I'd luv to hear this moronic answer lol

Hear what, start a thread asking the question? Are Andrea Bargnani's stats inflated? See what responses you get. Make sure and use a poll. I'd bet almost anything that you'd get more Yeses that Nos. It's a flawed system in Toronto which favors scorers and that FLAWED system is ran through him. If Bargs was on the Bucks starting PF he won't even get 20 ppg. That poster has his reasoning and it makes sense. If you don't believe me start the thread.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I would replace Blake with Love because Love is putting up numbers never seen in what 20 years or so and replace steve nash with monta. Other then that good list

Have you ever seen a rookie PF do what Blake Griffin is doing? He's putting up numbers that have never been seen in the NBA. 22, 13 and 3. No rookie PF has ever done that just like no play has ever had a 21 and 16 season whilst shooting above 40% from the 3. I'd give them both a place ahead of Monta.

Crackadalic
01-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Have you ever seen a rookie PF do what Blake Griffin is doing? He's putting up numbers that have never been seen in the NBA. 22, 13 and 3. No rookie PF has ever done that just like no play has ever had a 21 and 16 season whilst shooting above 40% from the 3. I'd give them both a place ahead of Monta.

Tim Duncan put up 21-11 2.7 assist and almost 2.5 blocks IMO is better then blake season but i will agree that he should get the nod. Im just torn because Monta is so overdue and idk if coaches will pick him blake because he is a rookie

97NYer
01-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Felton should be the 10th or 11th guy, he's been incredible his season.

xxplayerxx23
01-16-2011, 11:32 AM

I dont know love and blake are close. Monta might not get in, I think he deserves it but both blake and love might get in ahead.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Tim Duncan put up 21-11 2.7 assist and almost 2.5 blocks IMO is better then blake season but i will agree that he should get the nod. Im just torn because Monta is so overdue and idk if coaches will pick him blake because he is a rookie

I know bro it its still not 22, 13, 3 and shoot over 50% from the field which Blake is an all likeliness going to get by season's end 23, 13, 4 and over 50% may not be a long shot. No rookie PF in the history of the game have ever done that. The only rookie to ever accomplish such a stat line (22,13,3 and 50%) was Kareem. Elgin Baylor and Bob Pettit also did but the failed to shoot greater than 50%.

It's just a playful stat, everyone with a brain knows that TD was leaps and bounds ahead of Blake as a rookie.

Bornknick73
01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
as long as The Diesel still wears a NBA uniform no one is gonna try to derail his consecutive AllStar appearances. He'll be 45 and they will still put him on the roster. He can score 5 ppg and he'll get a few mins in the game. Ive never seen any of the old Perrenial AllStar players not be on the team even in their old age and declining performance.

Its kinda like a respect thing, if you are a 10+ time ALLStar you are probably gonna be one until you retire. So while the Diesel doesnt deserve to be on this years team....he will be.

Mishmin
01-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah I guess Shaq's been good, but still not better than a Horford or Bogut. But don't sleep on KG. Out for a couple weeks but he was arguably the celtics mvp this season, looks like the kg of old. I don't know if you could take J.Smith over him.

dtmagnet
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM

Thats BS, the Raps have a terrible team so defenses can key in on Bargnani knowing there are no other threats.

SteBO
01-16-2011, 01:12 PM
If Melo gets traded, the West has no chance against the east.

Corey
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
If Melo gets traded, the West has no chance against the east.

As if any players really try in the all star game anyways?

J-Relo
01-16-2011, 01:22 PM
That's what the voting says, but in no way does Shaq deserve to be a back-up.

i would like to see him there

goose15
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Rondo
Allen
Felton
Pierce
Horford
Garnett
Bogut

this is it..

Evolution23
01-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Bucks are 14-23 and 11 games out of the division. They don't deserve any all-stars, if anything Boozer deserves the nod because its been either him or Noah that has held it down in each others absences. Plus a 20 & 10 PF for a 3rd place team deserves to be an all-star.

I love ur sig.. that guy makes me laugh everytime

Jsoul101
01-16-2011, 02:51 PM

Please explain WHY they are inflated......I'd luv to hear this moronic answer lol

Go look at any past Raptor players' stats ....maybe you would see a trend of plunging stats after moving to a new team
Your definitely too ignorant to see this with all the time trying to diss someone on the internet and such.
Yes Bargnani is a good player but he's not an all-star caliber yet

heattiltheend94
01-16-2011, 03:10 PM
no love for Bosh? I am not being biased. If any of you have watched him, he is a top 15 play, and deserves to be there over Pierce and perhaps Garnett.

New Y0rk3r
01-16-2011, 03:47 PM
I really hope Felton will make it, he's playing really good this year.

Sly Guy
01-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Hear what, start a thread asking the question? Are Andrea Bargnani's stats inflated? See what responses you get. Make sure and use a poll. I'd bet almost anything that you'd get more Yeses that Nos. It's a flawed system in Toronto which favors scorers and that FLAWED system is ran through him. If Bargs was on the Bucks starting PF he won't even get 20 ppg. That poster has his reasoning and it makes sense. If you don't believe me start the thread.

Although I believe in players on weak teams having their stats inflated, [as a fan of the raps for a long time, I know first hand.....Hell the name Mike James seems to ring a bell, and his stardom was launched from Toronto] But in the case of Andrea Bargnani, I'm not a believer his stats are inflated. He's too dynamic as a scorer to difficult a mismatch on any given night to say his ppg numbers are inflated. In fact, watching the raps game in and game out this season, he's not getting enough touches IMO.

Does this make him an all star? Maybe not, but don't discount his stats simply because the team is bad.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Although I believe in players on weak teams having their stats inflated, [as a fan of the raps for a long time, I know first hand.....Hell the name Mike James seems to ring a bell, and his stardom was launched from Toronto] But in the case of Andrea Bargnani, I'm not a believer his stats are inflated. He's too dynamic as a scorer to difficult a mismatch on any given night to say his ppg numbers are inflated. In fact, watching the raps game in and game out this season, he's not getting enough touches IMO.

Does this make him an all star? Maybe not, but don't discount his stats simply because the team is bad.

While I do hear your points and also fully agree that Andrea is an extremely skilled offensive player I also think that his play this season is a direct result of the fact that he not only plays on a bad team but plays on a bad team that has one of the highest paces in the NBA.

I am not discounting him he is a certainly a gifted offensive player but quite frankly Toronto is one of the best situations for him to be able to put up such #s.

Mishmin
01-16-2011, 04:41 PM
no love for Bosh? I am not being biased. If any of you have watched him, he is a top 15 play, and deserves to be there over Pierce and perhaps Garnett.

Bosh has been playing well lately but better than Pierce, no. Better than Garnett, certainly not.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
As a Celtics fan right now looking at this I am saying oh this is great. But then I said to myself I would rather have none of them go so they could rest.

lorneg34
01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Go look at any past Raptor players' stats ....maybe you would see a trend of plunging stats after moving to a new team
Your definitely too ignorant to see this with all the time trying to diss someone on the internet and such.
Yes Bargnani is a good player but he's not an all-star caliber yet

Ignorance is bliss my friend cause if you read what I said I clearly stated he is not deserving but not for moronic reasons. Simply because there are better players
There is NO such thing as inflated stats for basketball based on what team they play. If that was the case anyone on certain teams have inflated stats....oh and alright
Vince
T-Mac
Pretty sure blossomed afterwards
Tmac on Orlando was a stud
My point is if bargnani stays on Toronto his whole career avgs 25ppg and wins 3 titles. Are his stats forever inflated cause of him playing on Toronto
Clearly the answer is NO
Kobe only won cause of shaq and gasol
Wade only won cause of shaq.

See how DUMB that sounds
A player does what a player does. That's all

BlazingJ
01-16-2011, 05:54 PM
East:
Rose
Wade
Lebron
Amare/Carmelo
Howard

Rondo
Joe Johnson
Jameer Nelson
Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh
Carlos Boozer
Andrew Bogut

The Maybes
Ray Feton
Ray Allen
KG (injured?)
shaq
Noah (injured?)
Josh smith
Al Horford
Danny Granger

BlazingJ
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
West:
CP3
Kobe
Durant
Carmelo/ Nowitzki
Gasol

D-will
Westbrook
ginobili
Aldridge
Love
Rudy Gay
Tim Duncan

Almosts
Nash
Tony Parker
Zach Randolph
Al Jefferson
Griffin
Ellis
Kevin Martin
David West

mrblisterdundee
01-16-2011, 07:28 PM
East:

PG: Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo
SG: Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson
SF: LeBron James, Carmello Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire, Kevin Garnett
C: Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut

Raymond Felton, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or Chris Bosh

West:

PG: Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook
SG: Kobe Bryant, Eric Gordon
SF: Kevin Durant, Lamar Odom
PF: Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki
C: Andrew Bynum, Nene

Deron Williams, Manu Ginobili, Blake Griffin

VinceCarter
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
The west all star team is weak

I think it looks pretty solid. They have the 3 best PGs in the league right now on their team (DWill, CP3, and Westbrook).

brewboy288
01-16-2011, 09:05 PM

Since when does the all star game depend on how good your team is doing?!

Hes first in the league in blocks, and would be 6th in the league for rebounds if he played enough games. If you ask me thats good enough to make an all star team.

Swashcuff
01-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Since when does the all star game depend on how good your team is doing?!

Hes first in the league in blocks, and would be 6th in the league for rebounds if he played enough games. If you ask me thats good enough to make an all star team.

Dude there is sooooooo much more you can say about Bogut because quite frankly blocking and rebounding isn't all he does.

His offensive defectiveness this season have hampered him a bit though. As much as I am a fan of him I still think Horford is more deserving. The reasoning the other poster gave was ridiculous.

Jsoul101
01-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Ignorance is bliss my friend cause if you read what I said I clearly stated he is not deserving but not for moronic reasons. Simply because there are better players
There is NO such thing as inflated stats for basketball based on what team they play. If that was the case anyone on certain teams have inflated stats....oh and alright
Vince
T-Mac
Pretty sure blossomed afterwards
Tmac on Orlando was a stud
My point is if bargnani stays on Toronto his whole career avgs 25ppg and wins 3 titles. Are his stats forever inflated cause of him playing on Toronto
Clearly the answer is NO
Kobe only won cause of shaq and gasol
Wade only won cause of shaq.

See how DUMB that sounds
A player does what a player does. That's all

If I give you the ball all the time because none of the other players can score on this team then you decide to go on a team where everyone can score and you being just a one dimensional player (scoring) moving on to this new team where you now become 2nd or maybe even 3rd what does that bring you to? Bargnani will probably avg 25ppg at the rate the Raptors are going ...winning 3 titles?... probably not... are you saying if we build around Bargnani? Who do you want to add and how many years will it take? You want to bring LBJ, Dwight Howard on this team? Because the likelyhood of Toronto winning in the next 3 years is close to 0 than getting 3 titles

& He's stats is not FOREVER inflated, but from last year to this year....IT IS!!

Mishmin
01-18-2011, 12:36 AM
East:
Rose
Wade
Lebron
Amare/Carmelo
Howard

Rondo
Joe Johnson
Jameer Nelson
Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh
Carlos Boozer
Andrew Bogut

The Maybes
Ray Feton
Ray Allen
KG (injured?)
shaq
Noah (injured?)
Josh smith
Al Horford
Danny Granger

I don't know if you went to St. Josephs or something, but you're about to be disappointed if you expect to see Jameer Nelson voted in over the two Rays