PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't New Orleans a deeper part of the 'Melodrama'?

mrblisterdundee
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
It's not New York, but the prospect of playing with Chris Paul has to appeal at least a little to Carmello Anthony. The NBA already stated its intention to make New Orleans profitable. The team has the most efficient player and the best point guard in Paul. It has a good center. It'd basically be an upgrade over Anthony's similar situation in Denver.
I could see New Orleans moving the likes of Trevor Ariza, David West and Marcus Thornton to get Anthony. What do you all think about a move to the South for Anthony? Are there other teams (Charlotte, Portland, etc.) that could realistically be in the running?

asandhu23
01-15-2011, 09:13 PM
because they aren't.

acehole
01-15-2011, 09:15 PM
another Melo speculation thread?

I was just starting to worry that we didn't have enough of those already..

oh wait..

CavsYanksDuke
01-15-2011, 09:31 PM
The Hornets could never afford to keep Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, and Emeka Okafor. It would cost around forty million for just the first two. Not every team believes that a championship can be bought.

There, one honest and non-pretentious reply to your topic. A rare thing on these boards.

farren.louis
01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
dont dont have any thing to offer

kblo247
01-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Because the NBA would be looked at suspiciously if the team that they owned made a deal for Melo to keep Paul or even if they dealt Paul away to another team. They can't really do anything until they get some concrete ownership and management.

mrblisterdundee
01-15-2011, 09:55 PM
The Hornets could never afford to keep Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, and Emeka Okafor. It would cost around forty million for just the first two. Not every team believes that a championship can be bought.

There, one honest and non-pretentious reply to your topic. A rare thing on these boards.

Do you mean the NBA couldn't afford to keep Paul, Anthony and Okafor? What if it traded West and Ariza?

mrblisterdundee
01-15-2011, 09:56 PM
another Melo speculation thread?

I was just starting to worry that we didn't have enough of those already..

oh wait..

It's hugely important news within the NBA. Your complaint is like someone complaining about politics during election season.

TrueFan420
01-15-2011, 10:59 PM
they dont have what denver wants.

king4day
01-15-2011, 11:18 PM
He has to know that with the Knicks, they have Amar'e for the long term. If Paul isn't happy in New Orleans, then he won't wanna be there unless he knows he can get a long term commitment from him as well.

It just sounds like the Knicks or Nets will be the destnation. He wants to go home and get his money too.

Sixerlover
01-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Because they aren't a major market in the league. CP3 doesn't make them a big go to spot in FA's eyes. If that was the case they should go to Utah and play with a better team, or Chicago and play with a much better team. Both of those teams have top 5 PG's on the roster too

nolafan33
01-16-2011, 12:21 AM
We were, at one point alot of people thought either Melo or Iggy would have been a Hornet by this time but then the NBA bought the team. From all I've heard, we're not even working the phones anymore because the NBA doesn't want to be a part of any big moves we make.

IBleedPurple
01-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Again, Melo?

How's the ownership looking? Winning answer

aussie
01-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Because Rudy Gay and Dwight Howard will be teaming up with CP3 in NOLA :P

MackShock
01-16-2011, 05:09 AM
NOLA is not NY...melo wants the spotlight..drama whore.

aussie
01-16-2011, 06:08 AM
i never sed NOLA was NY :S

jimbobjarree
01-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Because they aren't a major market in the league. CP3 doesn't make them a big go to spot in FA's eyes. If that was the case they should go to Utah and play with a better team, or Chicago and play with a much better team. Both of those teams have top 5 PG's on the roster too

Utah are immediatly counted out cus they're a division rival, before going into stuff like market size/what we have to offer. I'm guessing it'd take a much larger offer from the Hornets (or any other western team) to prevent Anthony from being traded out East.

I still dont see how Melo sees the New York area as home, and not Denver where he has lived for 8 years. Must be one huge outkast to live somewhere for 8 years but it not feeling like home.

MackShock
01-16-2011, 06:54 AM
i never sed NOLA was NY :S

haha..i know. still..melo wants to be in the spotlight. i mean cp3 is a great player..but if the best point guard in the league cant draw fans to the stands...who can?

the city is still devastated by katrina..economy is slow to pick back up...melo can definitely drive ticket sales, but i dont know if melo would be happy there.