01-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Bill Walton
Grant Hill
Ralph Sampson
Brandon Roy
Yao Ming

JeffG20
01-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Even though i think he'll have a great career overall i think injuries to Chris Paul have slowed him down a bit and will continue to do so.

arosen36
01-15-2011, 06:38 PM
do fake injuries count? because then id say paul pierce

MSU4life
01-15-2011, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=JeffG20;16322634]Even though i think he'll have a great career overall i think injuries to Chris Paul have slowed him down a bit and will continue to do so.[/QUO

i agreee

Bruno
01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Yao, Bynum, Oden.

Everybody wants to know why this era lacks so true centers. You always hear "what happened to the true center". Well, that's why. If were talkin' about potential, three of the top five "true" centers, have been injured for the bulk of their careers. I still think Yao had room to grow as a player.

tangent12
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Grant Hill was never great and there are a few names on that list who never "great".

LivinLakers
01-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Bill Walton
Grant Hill
Ralph Sampson
Brandon Roy
Yao Ming

Very impressive bringing out Ralph Sampson...one of the best collegiate players to every lace them up and after injuries he became a second fiddle to the dream.

I will stick with the bigs...

Bill Walton
Sam Bowie
Ralph Sampson
Greg Oden
Brad Daugherty

Bruno
01-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Grant Hill was never great and there are a few names on that list who never "great".

Grant Hill finished 3rd in MVP voting for the '97 season. When did you start watching the NBA? Grant Hill was dominant in the second half of the 90's before his injuries. Any respected NBA personnel will tell you that, it's also supported by the stat sheet.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hillgr01.html

LivinLakers
01-15-2011, 08:24 PM

You must be too young to remember Grant Hill in his early years. He was co-rookie of the year (with Jason Kidd), people were calling him the second coming (to Jordan), his last year in Det (before the trade and subsequent injury) he averaged almost 26 ppg, and was a great defender and floor leader. Additionally for his first 6 seasons he had averages of 7.8 RPG, 6.2 APG, 1.6 SPG, and 22 ppg.
I would take the Grant Hill from 2000 and put him alongside any other superstar in the league today and just about guarantee a championship.

I think he qualifies. If you are under 30 then you are foregiven.

tangent12
01-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Grant Hill finished 3rd in MVP voting for the '97 season. When did you start watching the NBA? Grant Hill was dominant in the second half of the 90's before his injuries. Any respected NBA personnel will tell you that, it's also supported by the stat sheet.

Actually winning it is what separates the great from the good. He didn't win anything, get over it.

LivinLakers
01-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Actually winning it is what separates the great from the good. He didn't win anything, get over it.

You are too funny. Just say that you didn't watch the NBA back then and you will be forgiven and we will all move on.

BTW, Dwight Howard finished 3rd last year (he is probably not a superstar right.)
Chris Paul was 3rd in 2009 (yah he stinks)
I think 2008 it was Lebron James (that guy is trash).

Make better arguments with stats or eye witness accounts please.

MSU4life
01-15-2011, 08:31 PM
grant hill was supposed to be the next MJ and was very close to injury

valade16
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM

:clap:

Thank you, I just want you to know, when I tell my kids why it's important to get an education I will be saving this quote to let them know what happens when you don't...

jim51990
01-15-2011, 08:58 PM
does death count because len bias would have been a beast
so him, hill, yao, roy, walton

Bruno
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Get over it? Where am I? Did I just jump into a time portal back to Ms. Fialis 1998 6th grade class? There's nothing here to "get over". I'm not even a huge Grant Hill fan, I'm just stating the obvious.

By your logic Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, weren't great basketball players. It's posts like these that help me understand why people hate Laker fans.

You didn't start watching the NBA until after his injuries, clearly.

You must be too young to remember Grant Hill in his early years. He was co-rookie of the year (with Jason Kidd), people were calling him the second coming (to Jordan), his last year in Det (before the trade and subsequent injury) he averaged almost 26 ppg, and was a great defender and floor leader. Additionally for his first 6 seasons he had averages of 7.8 RPG, 6.2 APG, 1.6 SPG, and 22 ppg.
I would take the Grant Hill from 2000 and put him alongside any other superstar in the league today and just about guarantee a championship.

I think he qualifies. If you are under 30 then you are foregiven.

Not even 30. I'm 23 and remember watching Grant Hill tear it up in the playoffs in the late 90's. Even if he is too young to remember, you don't go around bashing players aimlessly.

td0tsfinest
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM

After the first six seasons of his career, before his ankle injury, Hill had a total of 9,393 points, 3,417 rebounds and 2,720 assists. Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, and LeBron James are the only three players in league history to eclipse these numbers after their first six seasons.

Thats an impressive list.