PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace to Cavs heating up?

LTBaByyy
01-14-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/14/11/Sources-confirm-Cavs-may-be-closing-in-o/landing.html?blockID=391319&feedID=3724

For just the player exception the Cavs have or just a first round pick???

Is MJ messing this team up or what,and I also heard Caron Butler (yes you can still trade him injured and his expiring) for Stephen Jackson straight up

Is MJ that broke trying to get all these salary dumps plus the expiring contract Dampier trade for Tyson Chandler and not resigning Felton when he said he would stay if they paid him

What do yall think about Wallace going to Cavs and MJ doing nothing but salary dumps?

tdunk21
01-14-2011, 08:58 PM
2 yrs 22 mil left on wallace's contract....and the lebron trade exception is 14 mil....so that leaves 3 mil for the cavs right??

black1605
01-14-2011, 09:02 PM
I would be indescribably pissed off if this deal goes down as is.

tdunk21
01-14-2011, 09:05 PM
I would be indescribably pissed off if this deal goes down as is.

true....gerald is one of the most underrated players in the league.....he works his *** off in every game

fadedmario
01-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Salary dumps are expected with the unsure off-season ahead.

Shammyguy3
01-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Charlotte needs to start from scratch... and that means getting rid of any contracts that go beyond this year unless they are young players that have a decent ceiling. That means nearly everyone goes (sans Thomas/Augustine) basically.

Rebuild, draft correctly... that's what MJ needs to do

kblo247
01-14-2011, 09:09 PM
true....gerald is one of the most underrated players in the league.....he works his *** off in every game

He also gets hurt a lot, has a history of concussions, and costs a lot for a guy that doesn't make them contenders or have a history of helping them win.

I get why you deal him away over Jack if you are MJ.

goblazers7
01-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Mj is just trying to get rid of borderline all stars with big contacts. He's also trying to suck and get one in the draft.
Oh wait the Bulls have their first round this year :D
Any news if it's protected?

Kobes a Killer
01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Gerald Wallace cant turn a team into a contender by himself... but he's almost a perfect role player, excellent defender, excellent rebounder, can score on the break, can hit the open 3, i'd take him on the lakers in a second

Kobes a Killer
01-14-2011, 09:13 PM
not to mention excellent shot blocker

chicago lulz
01-14-2011, 09:13 PM
i believe it's still protected

JasonJohnHorn
01-14-2011, 09:15 PM
The Bobcats have spent the last two seasons putting together a team for Larry Brown. Then the team, under economic restraights, had to dump Chandler and let let Felton sign with NY. Now they are overpaying for Jackson, and Wallace, though worth the money he's getting, kinda like Pau in Memphis: why pay an all-star a big wage to play garabage minutes on a lottery team.

Now, that said, the team has played well since Brown left and Silas took over (I always liked Silas and was bummed when the Cavs fired him). But still... this team does not have a future with its current roster.

So if the Cavs can get a hold of Wallace AND Igudala, I think they would have a good start for next season with a high draft pick, Mo-Will, Anderson-V and Hickson, and the MLE in the offseason, the Cavs could put together a quality squad next season.

The Bobcats do not have the tools to put a team together for next year, and since Jackson is earning big bucks into his 30's, the Bobcats need to take a new direction. Well it would suck to have to get rid of talented players like Wallace and Jackson, since they have already let other talented players like Chandler and Felton go, as well as guys like Raja Bell, it just seems like the best option for the Bobcats now is to tear the team apart and start rebuilding. Trades for draft picks and young talent seems like the best options for the Bobcats.

As for the Cavs, Gilbert has made it clear that he will spend, and if he can swing a deal that allows him to keep Mo, V, and Hickson, and pick up Wallace and/or Iggy, and still keep the high pick they will be getting this year and a potential MLE signing, they will be on the right path to competing and potentially contending.

Avenged
01-14-2011, 09:16 PM
The Cavs have to rebuild by going another route.. Gerald, although a great player, isn't the type of player they should start to look to build around. At least it's a sign of intent from that team though.

AI4MVP
01-14-2011, 09:19 PM
gerald wallace is a good 2nd or even third option of a championship team. more likely 3rd

Kobes a Killer
01-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Sweet sig ^^

black1605
01-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Mj is just trying to get rid of borderline all stars with big contacts. He's also trying to suck and get one in the draft.

2012 pick, and it's lottery protected.

homestarunner93
01-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Yeah, except that pick is protected until like 2016. Needless to say, the Bulls won't have Charlotte's pick this year.

king4day
01-14-2011, 10:10 PM
The problem I have with this is, the Cat's should be able to get a ton for him. At least picks. Not HAVING to give up picks

kblo247
01-14-2011, 10:13 PM
^^ Crash is semi-damaged goods

godolphins
01-14-2011, 10:22 PM
I still see the Cavs potentially getting that #1 pick even if this trade goes through

bbcmillionaire
01-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Lol maybe mike looking out for the bulls. They get a top 5 draft pick(goes to the bulls). We love you mike

faze38
01-14-2011, 10:44 PM
This is just nut I don't know what Mike is thinking!

dtmagnet
01-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Raptors need to get in on this.

bigsams50
01-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Lol maybe mike looking out for the bulls. They get a top 5 draft pick(goes to the bulls). We love you mike

? I'm pretty sure our pick is lottery protected for the next few years.

As for the trade, **** that. There are better offers out there than that i'm willing to bet.

cchrisc773
01-14-2011, 11:37 PM

It is....

cchrisc773
01-14-2011, 11:39 PM
I still see the Cavs potentially getting that #1 pick even if this trade goes through

LOL. Who knows. That is the beauty of the lottery. Remember the season the Magic missed the playoffs by two games Shaq's rookie year? They finished 41-41 and landed the number 1 pick. They drafted Chris Webber with the Pick and traded him for Penny.