PDA

View Full Version : Kerber- Expect Melo to be in Nets uniform next friday

DoMeFavors
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
The Nets on Friday continued to try to put the finishing touches on a trade for Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony.

Sources who were extremely optimistic Thursday the deal would be completed shortly were even moreso Friday, with one saying chances of the trade have increased from 90 percent to 95 percent.

The deal could be agreed to principle before Tuesday, then finalized later next week.

If completed, Anthony is expected to meet with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov on Tuesday or Wednesday. The billionaire is scheduled to attend the Nets' Wednesday home game against the Jazz, which is Russian Culture Night at Prudential Center.

One person directly involved in the trade scenario suggested that if all goes as planned and the deal is finalized, Anthony could play his first game for the Nets next Friday against the Pistons, the other party involved in the proposed three-team, 14-player deal.

It is believed the Nuggets would like to include one more player in the deal to help with their salary situation, but it would be Renaldo Balkman, not Al Harrington. It is unknown if the Nets would add another player to the deal.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/netsblog/nets_continue_to_work_on_carmelo_I41bAXDS84clqVira 8O5WP

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM
i hope this is true. would love to see melo in a nets uniform.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd rather see him in a Knicks uni. But NJ is aight, i guess. He'll make them a playoff team with Chauncey and Rip.

yanks08
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM
ok have fun in Jersey melo!!!!!

omdigga
01-14-2011, 04:13 PM
knicks vs nets will finally be fun to watch again...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Good luck with 5 years of Harrington, Denver:laugh2:

Should have dumped him also

JerseysFinest
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
when it officially happens, let's discuss. let's not forget we were in the same situation last week, and it all fell down lol

tangent12
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
*Yawn*

How about I don't.

In all seriousness, this is definitely getting more annoying than the whole LeBron fiasco.

Robbw241
01-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Is there a problem with having just 1 Melo thread where we can put all this info?

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 04:27 PM
ok have fun in Jersey melo!!!!!

Its going to be NY soon. 2012 isn't it.

GeekInThePink
*Yawn*

How about I don't.

In all seriousness, this is definitely getting more annoying than the whole LeBron fiasco.

Do you not remember this Summer? or "The Decision?"

Lake_Show2416
This would put the Nets above the Knicks

but it all falls on Melo, and whether he'll resign...

I rather see him on the Knicks to be honest make another near title contender.. I think that's where he'll end up doing unless Jay Z offers the ROC

metsfanssince05
01-14-2011, 04:35 PM

I rather see him on the Knicks to be honest make another near title contender.. I think that's where he'll end up doing unless Jay Z offers the ROC
U sure about that?

NJ Raven
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Does anyone see the Nets at .500? Even with Melo, we're a 7 seed at best.

Aapox
01-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Overstatement of the week. I love your sig though.

Hooottt pocket

metsfanssince05
If they get Melo and Billups and maybe Harrington just for depth on the bench yes.

JerseysFinest

No, the Knicks are still better than the Nets, with Melo. I believe if Prokhorov sits down with him, and discusses the future plans for the team, he'll definitely extend. Jay-Z can come after I suppose. But this certainly brings back the rivalry of the Hudson.

ramsizzle
01-14-2011, 04:43 PM
U sure about that?

I mean they would def be better at 4/5 positions but for Amare. The record might not be better but that will more than likely due to the fact that they absolutely suck at this moment.

AI4MVP
01-14-2011, 04:45 PM
To be honest, now that I think about it, it wouldnt be that bad for the NBA if Melo goes to NJ. There going to become Brooklyn pretty soon, and the NY vs NY rivalry with Melo vs Amar'e

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2011, 04:45 PM
*Yawn*

How about I don't.

unless melo has a Decision of his own where he announces where he will "take his talents", i don't see this being possible.

JerseysFinest
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM

They're playing today, tomorrow, Sunday, and Wednesday, and Kerber says he could play Friday. Hypothetically speaking, if the Nets lost those 4 games, we would be at 10-32, a game after the midway point. The Nets would have to win the majority of the rest of their games to reach playoff contention, which isn't necessarily impossible. They can probably get at least 8th, maybe 7th, or possibly higher depending on how the team plays. But next year, I would expect them to progress as the team gels more. BTW, i'm assuming the playoff locks are boston, miami, orlando, chicago, new york, and atlanta.

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2011, 04:47 PM

the knicks beat a much better denver team with melo and billups. does rip really push them over the top?

DoMeFavors
01-14-2011, 04:50 PM
the knicks beat a much better denver team with melo and billups. does rip really push them over the top?

Nuggets also beat them

Billups
Rip
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

4/5 can give you over 20 a night

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Kmart
Nene

2/5 can give you over 20 a night

Carey
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I think Denver will be in really good position cap wise to rebuild and also have a couple pieces to do so. They tried they're best to dump Al Harrington but nobody wants that contract, its kind of baffling to me that i think they'll do well in this deal and they've been patient and dilligent yet so stupid to sign Harrington to that deal.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't care what Kerber says. Don't you guys think that if Melo wanted Jersey, he'd be there now? All I know is, with each passing day, it strengths the notion that he'll be in a Knick jersey by the deadline.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I think Denver will be in really good position cap wise to rebuild and also have a couple pieces to do so. They tried they're best to dump Al Harrington but nobody wants that contract, its kind of baffling to me that i think they'll do well in this deal and they've been patient and dilligent yet so stupid to sign Harrington to that deal.

This^, though I don't anyone dumb enough to take Harrington's deal.

Immoknight
01-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Nuggets also beat them

Billups
Rip
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Kmart
Nene

Really? That's just a ridiculous way of stating why a team will beat another. Fine, 7 players in the Knicks rotation of 7 can give you over 20 a night.

Felton
Gallinari
Amar'e
Walker
Chandler
Williams
Douglas

Okay, now what?

ttam68
01-14-2011, 04:57 PM
*Yawn*

How about I don't.

Hugggggeeee overstatement.

You must have a short-term memory

yanks08
01-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Nuggets also beat them

Billups
Rip
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Kmart
Nene

gone in trade!!!

ttam68
01-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't care what Kerber says. Don't you guys think that if Melo wanted Jersey, he'd be there now? All I know is, with each passing day, it strengths the notion that he'll be in a Knick jersey by the deadline.

He wants that $66 million extension. Denver called him on his NY or bust bluff, and its working.

Robbw241
01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
gone in trade!!!

nope

SteBO
01-14-2011, 05:00 PM
He wants that $66 million extension. Denver called him on his NY or bust bluff, and its working.

Ok, sure, but Denver wants pieces at least. I think you might be underestimating Melo's power in this.

DoMeFavors
01-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Really? That's just a ridiculous way of stating why a team will beat another. Fine, 7 players in the Knicks rotation of 7 can give you over 20 a night.

Felton
Gallinari
Amar'e
Walker
Chandler
Williams
Douglas

Okay, now what?

The ones I bolded can give you 20 a night those other players are capable but on weekly basis wont.

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Is this not the exact thread I made yesterday night?

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-14-2011, 05:06 PM

That's too far, Chauncey is gonna want a buy out
N Melo won't sign the extension.....Knicks would be
Much better

JerseysFinest
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM

completely and utterly false

Metsboi69
01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Much better

Wrong, Wrong, and debateable but probably wrong. Chauncey wants his 14 million dollar option picked up for next year and he'll be fine. Would the Nets really give up their future for half a season of Melo? Come on buddy.

Kashmir13579
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
:yawn:

(cough)extension(cough)(cough)

Hawkeye15
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM

I disagree.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Much better

This just reminded of something. For those of you saying that Melo really wants that extension, why hasn't he signed it then? If money was his main concern, he would've bleepin signed the damn thing IN JUNE! This should tell you that maybe he simply wants a change of scenery, preferrably New York. Yes, New Jersey has the much better pieces to trade for him. I get that. Contrarily, they won't do the deal if Melo doesn't assure them he'll sign an extension with them, something Melo's had forever to do. The fact that he hasn't said it yet, tells me everything I need to know about the end result.

Sandman
Sounds like the Nets leaked more info TRADE HIM TO NEW YORK

SteBO
completely and utterly false

Explain.

Lo Porto
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
IF Melo goes to NJ, the Knicks are still going to try to get somebody else good using Curry's expiring with a combination of a few of their young players. Just because NY might miss on Melo doesn't mean they are done dealing. And to say NJ would be ahead of NY is just plain stupid. NJ would have too much catching up to do for it to make a difference this season.

Bluffmasta
01-14-2011, 05:18 PM
i wonder if the bulls will step up and just offer noah deng picks and fillers for Anthony and nene or anderson.

210Don
01-14-2011, 05:19 PM
just get it done.

TO to the CHI
01-14-2011, 05:21 PM
This just reminded of something. For those of you saying that Melo really wants that extension, why hasn't he signed it then? If money was his main concern, he would've bleepin signed the damn thing IN JUNE! This should tell you that maybe he simply wants a change of scenery, preferrably New York. Yes, New Jersey has the much better pieces to trade for him. I get that. Contrarily, they won't do the deal if Melo doesn't assure them he'll sign an extension with them, something Melo's had forever to do. The fact that he hasn't said it yet, tells me everything I need to know about the end result.

your logic is incredible; clearly there are only definites and extremes and there is no such thing as negotiating leverage; it is also clearly impossible that Melo hasn't signed because he would rather force his way out of Denver (and likely to New York), but is still willing to sign an extension where necessary because of concerns relating to the CBA and wanting to get paid

thankfully we all have you here to clear these things up for you

can you also let us know if anyone has "reminded you" of the meaning of life lately

Metsboi69
01-14-2011, 05:22 PM
:facepalm: Because he wants NO PART in Denver. He wants to be traded to a big city and his preference of teams to be traded to was NY, Chicago, and NJ seems like a 1A because they will be in Brooklyn soon. He could just wait and sign with the Knicks but then he loses a helluva lot of money in the offseason which by all accounts he doesn't want to risk.

Sandman
01-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Nuggets also beat them

Billups
Rip
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

Billups
Afflalo
Melo
Kmart
Nene

Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups are not 20 PPG players. Brook Lopez isn't there yet either for that matter.

ttam68
01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Ok, sure, but Denver wants pieces at least. I think you might be underestimating Melo's power in this.

And you may be overstating it. Even NBA stars don't walk away from 10's of millions of dollars

SteBO
01-14-2011, 05:28 PM
your logic is incredible; clearly there are only definites and extremes and there is no such thing as negotiating leverage; it is also clearly impossible that Melo hasn't signed because he would rather force his way out of Denver (and likely to New York), but is still willing to sign an extension where necessary because of concerns relating to the CBA and wanting to get paid

thankfully we all have you here to clear these things up for you

can you also let us know if anyone has "reminded you" of the meaning of life lately

I would appreciate it if you responded like an intelligent person instead of a *******. I know not everyone is going to agree with me on this, bt I'm just giving my insight. However, including you, nobody has given me legit reasoning as to why I should think otherwise.

Can you let me know if anyone has "reminded you" of the meaning of persuasion? Because you sir, suck at doing so.

oak2455
01-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups are not 20 PPG players. Brook Lopez isn't there yet either for that matter.

and avery keeps calling out Lopez:D

NYYCowboys
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM

Couldn't be any more wrong. Felton and Fields are A LOT better than Billups and Hamilton at this point. If you look at advanced metrics Anthony isn't THAT much better than Wilson Chandler. Amare is much better than anyone in the Nets front court. Our bench would also be better after this trade goes through. Plus the Knicks will be players at the trade deadline, and could add some guys or wait until offseason and plug some holes, and become a solid top 4 team in the east while the Nets will struggle to make the playoffs.

"David Berri, the Southern Utah University economics professor that developed Wins Produced, "concluded that New Jersey would win about 30 games over a full season if the latest reported 13-player, three-team deal goes through, which involves sending Derrick Favors and Devin Harris to Denver. The Nets would also acquire Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton."

Hawkeye15
01-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Couldn't be any more wrong. Felton and Fields are A LOT better than Billups and Hamilton at this point. If you look at advanced metrics Anthony isn't THAT much better than Wilson Chandler. Amare is much better than anyone in the Nets front court. Our bench would also be better after this trade goes through. Plus the Knicks will be players at the trade deadline, and could add some guys or wait until offseason and plug some holes, and become a solid top 4 team in the east while the Nets will struggle to make the playoffs.

"David Berri, the Southern Utah University economics professor that developed Wins Produced, "concluded that New Jersey would win about 30 games over a full season if the latest reported 13-player, three-team deal goes through, which involves sending Derrick Favors and Devin Harris to Denver. The Nets would also acquire Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton."

not agreeing or disagreeing, but this dude HATES Melo

diu9leilomo
the east can finally show their glory to the west

SteBO
And you may be overstating it. Even NBA stars don't walk away from 10's of millions of dollars

OK. I get that. But I just think that if Melo really wanted that money, he would've signed it. This just gives me the impression that he really wants New York, and is willing to walk away from that money just to play there. But that's what gets me about this whole situation, since Melo hasn't given any indication that he is in fact willing to do so.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 05:34 PM
:facepalm: Because he wants NO PART in Denver. He wants to be traded to a big city and his preference of teams to be traded to was NY, Chicago, and NJ seems like a 1A because they will be in Brooklyn soon. He could just wait and sign with the Knicks but then he loses a helluva lot of money in the offseason which by all accounts he doesn't want to risk.

:eyebrow: The :facepalm: wasn't necessary, bt that isn't the point. I know he doesn't want to risk losing that money, if so, explain to me, WHY HASN'T HE TOLD NJ THAT HE"LL EXTEND WITH THEM YET. It works both ways.

Giaps
01-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Great. Let this thing be over with one way or another. This is holding up every other trade in the NBA.

nystandup
01-14-2011, 05:42 PM
OK. I get that. But I just think that if Melo really wanted that money, he would've signed it. This just gives me the impression that he really wants New York, and is willing to walk away from that money just to play there. But that's what gets me about this whole situation, since Melo hasn't given any indication that he is in fact willing to do so.

The fact is he wants the money and go to a team closer to home. He prefers the Knicks but if the Knicks cant work a deal out with the Nuggets he is willing to sign the extension with the Nets. Since the Nuggets have no interest in letting him go to the Knicks they keep on saying that the Knicks have no one they like so I believe he eventually has to either grow some balls and tell the Nuggets I only want the Knicks or settle for the Nets and the $$$$. I think he's prob gunna take the $$$$.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 05:45 PM
The fact is he wants the money and go to a team closer to home. He prefers the Knicks but if the Knicks cant work a deal out with the Nuggets he is willing to sign the extension with the Nets. Since the Nuggets have no interest in letting him go to the Knicks they keep on saying that the Knicks have no one they like so I believe he eventually has to either grow some balls and tell the Nuggets I only want the Knicks or settle for the Nets and the $$$$. I think he's prob gunna take the $$$$.

:):clap: Thank you for responding to me with class and not talking out of your *** just for the sake of arguing. At this point, it is one or the other. Should be interesting to see how all this unfolds.

JIDsanity
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
not agreeing or disagreeing, but this dude HATES Melo

Your last sig was better

Rivera
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
in all honesty i would NOT be shocked

if the nets did pull off the trade

and melo still DIDNT sign with the nets to go to NY

babyang04
01-14-2011, 05:54 PM
why in the world would melo go to nj with rip and chauncey ? There so late in there careers. He would be very stupid to do something like that.
Felton, Chandler & Amare over Rip, Chauncey & melo !

oak2455
01-14-2011, 05:55 PM
RT @Al_Iannazzone: Nets don't deal without extension. But if Anthony really doesn't want to be with Nets, whos to say he won't ask out of NJ
less than 20 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter

http://twitter.com/alanhahn

Mplsman
01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Not a huge fan of melo in NJ.

Heater4life
01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
I hope this goes thru, and NJ buys out Chauncey :pray:

fadedmario
01-14-2011, 06:08 PM
good for Detroit

THE MTL
01-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if this deal goes thru. However, I also wouldnt be surprised in the least bit if Melo trashes the whole thing and says he wont sign an extension with NJ

jacobwilson222
01-14-2011, 06:15 PM
I dont care where he ends up I just want to have all the trade discussion with Melo stop...

oak2455
01-14-2011, 06:41 PM
wait this is the Nets DB beat writer, so if this was a Knick's Beat writer or Chris Dousshard its not reliable :confused: its comical:facepalm: so this guy is credible LMAO:D

jkess56
01-14-2011, 06:43 PM
alanhahn Alan Hahn
Source with knowledge of CAA plans says the top priority is to get Melo what he wants: NYK WITH extension. But if can't, Nets are Plan 1b.

Also, Melo's agent is at MSG tonight according to Isola of the Daily News

dtmagnet
01-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I'd rather have him on the Nets than perpetuate this whole stupid "Super Team" trend by him going to the Knicks.

TO to the CHI
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I would appreciate it if you responded like an intelligent person instead of a *******. I know not everyone is going to agree with me on this, bt I'm just giving my insight. However, including you, nobody has given me legit reasoning as to why I should think otherwise.

Can you let me know if anyone has "reminded you" of the meaning of persuasion? Because you sir, suck at doing so.

I wasn't trying to persuade you of anything. Why would I waste time trying to persuade someone whose mind has been made up already and on irrational grounds. That would be a fool's errand (better suited for you actually).

You have no reasoning whatsoever for your comments. You attempt to suggest that he would have signed the extension, but overlook the ramifications of such a decision. Moreover, you view the world as a having only two extremes when in fact there are many shades of gray in this scenario. It appears from what we know that Melo wants out of Denver as a bottom line and into New York as a top choice. Where he stands on all of the options in between is much harder to decipher. Logic would suggest however, that he is in fact willing to go to New Jersey or he would have ended this charade long ago (or forced its end by making a definitive statement he would not sign an extension there). Please feel free to continue to post your baseless opinions and the facts that you are reminded of. Everyone else will continue to think you are an idiot.

TO to the CHI
01-14-2011, 06:52 PM
I hope this goes thru, and NJ buys out Chauncey :pray:

That really would be an incredible scenario for the Heat. While Billups certainly seems to love playing in Denver, I would have to imagine he would consider signing short-term with the Heat so as to have an incredible chance at a[nother] championship. He can always go back to Denver next year.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 06:57 PM
I wasn't trying to persuade you of anything. Why would I waste time trying to persuade someone whose mind has been made up already and on irrational grounds. That would be a fool's errand (better suited for you actually).

You have no reasoning whatsoever for your comments. You attempt to suggest that he would have signed the extension, but overlook the ramifications of such a decision. Moreover, you view the world as a having only two extremes when in fact there are many shades of gray in this scenario. It appears from what we know that Melo wants out of Denver as a bottom line and into New York as a top choice. Where he stands on all of the options in between is much harder to decipher. Logic would suggest however, that he is in fact willing to go to New Jersey or he would have ended this charade long ago (or forced its end by making a definitive statement he would not sign an extension there). Please feel free to continue to post your baseless opinions and the facts that you are reminded of. Everyone else will continue to think you are an idiot.
Again, you can disagree with me, bt don't try to bash me online. Your first paragraph and last sentence were pointless, but whatever. Outside of that, I respected your post in the middle. If I came off as an a-hole, I apologize. I'm well aware of the consequences of not signing the extension, I was just looking at the other side of fence. Whether others think I'm an idiot, is their choice. They don't know me, so their opinions have no substance.

SteBO
01-14-2011, 06:58 PM
That really would be an incredible scenario for the Heat. While Billups certainly seems to love playing in Denver, I would have to imagine he would consider signing short-term with the Heat so as to have an incredible chance at a[nother] championship. He can always go back to Denver next year.
I've been leading the "Billups to Miami" charge for weeks. Chauncey really loves Denver though, so we'll have to wait and see.

mttwlsn16
01-14-2011, 07:00 PM
This would put the Nets above the Knicks but it all falls on Melo, and whether he'll resign...

no it doesnt

abe_froman
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
no he wont,all the times its been reported to be over,we find out that its not.this saga will never be over :sigh:

SteBO
01-14-2011, 07:04 PM
BTW, the trade doesn't make the Nets better than the Knicks, that's kinda ridiculous to me. Raymond Felton would tear them up, and noone on New Jersey matches up well with Amare.

jrm2054
01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Just trade him already...

DoMeFavors
01-14-2011, 07:14 PM
BTW, the trade doesn't make the Nets better than the Knicks, that's kinda ridiculous to me. Raymond Felton would tear them up, and noone on New Jersey matches up well with Amare.

Actually the first game they played Net were up by 10 untill Harris got hurt.

Giaps
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
And the Warriors were blowing out the Heat before they lost... what does that even mean??

arkanian215
01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
And the Warriors were blowing out the Heat before they lost... what does that even mean??

It's an excuse for why Raymond and Amar'e PnR'ed the Nets to death. Supposedly, Farmar couldn't keep up and cut off those angles.

DoMeFavors
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Whatever you want it to mean, I come from my perspective and you come yours.

JerseysFinest
01-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Explain.

The reason why the previous deals in the past collapsed was because of reluctances of the trading partners, especially Denver, to give up players. It's tough to be a first year GM and your first task is to trade the player who is the leader, source of merchandising, star, etc. Additionally, Carmelo never told anyone he isn't opposed to the Nets, while telling teams such as Washington and Charlotte otherwise. And lastly, with the news that Leon Rose is pushing the deal, that has to have some implication Carmelo is willing to extend with the team.

AddiX
01-14-2011, 07:28 PM
If Melo wanted to go to the Nets it would be really easy for him to come out and say "I'm fine with going to the Nets."

There would no problem with that, but he hasn't, and clearly this is a snag in the deal. I think Denver and NJ are scaring Melo into thinking he's going to the Nets even if he doesn't want to, so that will agree to sign the extension.

It's getting very ugly.

NYYCowboys
01-14-2011, 07:30 PM

True that must mean that even though the Nets 12 games back in the standings they must be better because they were up by 10 until Harris was hurt.

DoMeFavors
01-14-2011, 07:30 PM
If Melo wanted to go to the Nets it would be really easy for him to come out and say "I'm fine with going to the Nets."

There would no problem with that, but he hasn't, and clearly this is a snag in the deal. I think Denver and NJ are scaring Melo into thinking he's going to the Nets even if he doesn't want to, so that will agree to sign the extension.

It's getting very ugly.

He isnt going to say hes fine going anywhere as long as hes a nugget he will be booed since he hasnt even signed with Denver.

Sandman
01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
He isnt going to say hes fine going anywhere as long as hes a nugget he will be booed since he hasnt even signed with Denver.

since he hasn't signed with denver, or because of every media outlet reporting he's trying to go to new york?

A simple "I will consider my options in the off-season" would shut it all up. And he's not willing to do that.

nystandup
01-14-2011, 07:49 PM
FisolaNYDN‎ Donnie just emerged from meeting walking alongside Melo's agent, Leon Rose.
Twitter - 2 minutes ago

FisolaNYDN‎ Donnie Walsh currently meeting with Bill Duffy, the agent for Anthony Randolph. Not to mention Steve Nash
Twitter - seconds ago

MackShock
01-14-2011, 07:49 PM
bye melo...youll be hated by denverites.

nystandup
01-14-2011, 07:51 PM
alanhahn‎ Source with knowledge of CAA plans says the top priority is to get Melo what he wants: NYK WITH extension. But if can't, Nets are Plan 1b.
Twitter -
5 hours ago

AKAYaReal
01-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Using a excuse like my player got injured at some point in the game is no different then saying my player was in foul trouble or had a off game. In the end its a 48 min game and being up 10 and it not being 2mins or less in the 4th really means nothing.

I also cant wait for it all to be over and we get back to wins and loses. I for one would much rather get Melo in the off season and I believe someone has pointed out that the extension is good all the way up to July 1st meaning Melo can hold out and tell the Nuggets Im going to the Knicks regardless so you can either sign and trade and get scraps or get nothing and be traded on draft night.

Just something to put out there.

masalex1205
01-14-2011, 08:01 PM
I'll believe it when I see it

oak2455
01-14-2011, 08:09 PM
True that must mean that even though the Nets 12 games back in the standings they must be better because they were up by 10 until Harris was hurt.

LMAO:clap:

cchrisc773
01-14-2011, 08:24 PM
I will only believe it when it happens. There are rumors a Darkhorse is in trade talks with the Nuggets. They don't have a stronger package then the Nets; however, they have more to offer then the Knicks. It is also a team that Melo has stated he would sign and extension to play for....

My guess. Magic or Lakers....

IMO, if I am a Nets fan I would be tired about hearing about Melo by now. It is almost obvious he is the reason this trade is being held up not the Nets,Pistons or Nuggets. He is also the one that keeps saying he believes he will be playing with the Nuggets at least a few more weeks. Really Melo, now why would you know that? Oh, because more then likely you are waiting for the Nuggets to accept a deal to a team you want to go to, not a team they get the best offer from. I don't know, these trade talks have been going on way to long for anyone to believe anything with NEts tied to it.

The Nets want Melo.

The Nuggets want the Nets Package.

Melo does not care what the Nuggets want and does not want the Nets, that is how I see it.

cchrisc773
01-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Lastly, IMO.. Why would Melo want to go to the NETS, outside it being on the East coast closer to home? The Nets have a bust so far in the making in Lopez, then everyone thinks Rip and Billups alone will be saviors to get Melo to come. Those are two aging Vets. IMO, Melo is already in a better situation in Denver and wants out. NJ would lose one if not there current best player in Harris. Billups then would like have his contract purchased so he could leave.

I just don't see Melo saying yes to this. He can hang out as long as he wants, he has that right.

DenButsu
01-14-2011, 08:54 PM
I'll take this as an encouraging sign, but I refuse to "expect" anything until the ink is dry on the contract.