PDA

View Full Version : So what would happen...

xbrackattackx
01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
If the Nets traded...Harris,Favors,the Future picks to build with and who ever else they get. (Cause favors will most likely take K-Marts/Harrington role and Harris will replace Billups so that Him and Lawson can run the show).Then Carmelo just signs back with the Nuggets this summer a long contract for lots of money since they got goodies to build for the future young talent with Melo, they can go over the cap,they can make the playoffs be 2nd or 3rd round exits and still get good picks. Would he be more hated then Lebron. Or would him going back redeem himself?

ATX
01-14-2011, 01:24 PM
It doesn't matter becasue New Jersey won't trade away all those assets unless Melo signs the extension.

airforceones25
01-14-2011, 01:25 PM
will never happen. melo wants the money and if he doesn't sign a 3 year extension he would make significantly less resigning as a free agent. this is a pipe dream

xbrackattackx
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
will never happen. melo wants the money and if he doesn't sign a 3 year extension he would make significantly less resigning as a free agent. this is a pipe dream

Not a Pipe Dream cause I am not a Nuggets fan. lol

Was just wandering if this could happen.

Hawkeye15
01-14-2011, 01:34 PM
the deal will only be in principal. If he doesn't sign an extension with the Nets, they will take the offer off the table.
The scenario from the OP is not possible

xbrackattackx
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
The "Principal" I used was the the Nets said they would take him for a rental just to have the owner get a chance to convince him and speak to him in person.So that it would not be tampering since it was his player.

PhillyFaninLA
01-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Nuggets won't have the salary space to sign Melo if they trade him and replace his salary so it can't happen. You can only go over the cap to sign your own player and he would be the Nets player so the Larry Bird rule would not apply to Denver in your example.

He would not be hated, the Lebron hatred is largely ESPN's fault because it aired the decision. Personally I don't blame Lebron for the Decision I blame ESPN because they could have and should have said no. I don't think many people's opinion of Melo would change all that much in the scenario you created.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-14-2011, 01:47 PM
If that somehow happens, he would be the biggest douche ever lol