PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter about to crack 20,000 mark.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Vince Carter is currently 37th on the NBA all time Scoring list at 19974 This means if he has a big game vs Portland he could reach the ELITE 20,000 mark as soon as tomorrow. On ESPN.

Fact: only 2 players whom have passed the 20,000 are not hall of famers. This is a pretty big achievement.

*Note to Raptor fans: may we plz avoid making this a bash Carter thread. Thank you.

heres to VC ha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jAPQb_dNw

Lim
01-14-2011, 01:25 AM
congrats to him, hopefully he doesnt have a career ending injury within the next 2-3 games.. that would suckkk

TheHoopsProphet
01-14-2011, 01:28 AM
the heart-stopping, windmill-dunking, heartstop-jumping, 360-driving, 5-o'clock shadow-smiling, womanzing, headband-wearing, team-changing, knee-bracing, game-pacing, shoe-lacing, showcasing, shoulder-bracing, free-mason, Vince "I shower with my headband on" Carter!

Whats more amazing about this feat is he reached this milestone without ever going to the charity stripe! All hail Air Canada, nosediving his way to the history books!

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 01:36 AM
the heart-stopping, windmill-dunking, heartstop-jumping, 360-driving, 5-o'clock shadow-smiling, womanzing, headband-wearing, team-changing, knee-bracing, game-pacing, shoe-lacing, showcasing, shoulder-bracing, free-mason, Vince "I shower with my headband on" Carter!

Whats more amazing about this feat is he reached this milestone without ever going to the charity stripe! All hail Air Canada, nosediving his way to the history books!

hahaha best post ive read.

HoopsDrive
01-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Congrats to the best dunker this world has ever seen.

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Most players that pass this mark are HOFs or FHOFs. Brings up an interesting topic...

Hellcrooner
01-14-2011, 01:48 AM

The human higlight film says hello :whistle:

Sadds The Gr8
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Most players that pass this mark are HOFs or FHOFs. Brings up an interesting topic...

I doubt Wince makes it, but he has a chance. The thing that helps him is the dunk contest. w/o that dunk contest, i'd say he surely wouldn't make the HoF.

Shareeb_omac2
01-14-2011, 01:52 AM
If this were the 80's or early 90's I would say he wouldn't make it into the hall of fame. But, because of how things are looked at in todays game I think he will eventually be inducted.

Who knows... he could still wind up on a championship team within the next few seasons.

HoopsDrive
01-14-2011, 01:53 AM
The human higlight film says hello :whistle:

Meh, I don't like power dunks all that much... don't get me wrong, I realize he's the best power dunker in history but VC has everything else plus the best dunk of all time. He's 2nd in my book though.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 01:56 AM

Every player but Chambers (20,047) and one other...Lots of hate gets gathered towards VC, but VC will be for sure ahead of Chambers in the next guy when it's all said and done..

kArSoN RyDaH
01-14-2011, 01:56 AM
He changed the game. I say he EVENTUALLY gets into the HOF maybe later on down the line.

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 01:57 AM
I doubt Wince makes it, but he has a chance. The thing that helps him is the dunk contest. w/o that dunk contest, i'd say he surely wouldn't make the HoF.

I dunno, maybe. He was really good during his prime with us.

If this were the 80's or early 90's I would say he wouldn't make it into the hall of fame. But, because of how things are looked at in todays game I think he will eventually be inducted.

Who knows... he could still wind up on a championship team within the next few seasons.

Possibly.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 01:58 AM

I dont think people would take him as human if he was playing in the 80s...to be honest that would have been frightning to have an athlete like Carter in the 80s..
I mean MJ was incredibly athletic but you know what i mean

kblo247
01-14-2011, 02:00 AM
Good for Carter.

I don't think he is a hall of famer based on his achievements and how he has played the game (sandbagged it alot). The only thing that I think can make people wonder is his series versus AI and dunk contest showings. Other that I just don't see it.

It is still a remarkable feat though

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 02:00 AM
I dont think people would take him as human if he was playing in the 80s...to be honest that would have been frightning to have an athlete like Carter in the 80s..
I mean MJ was incredibly athletic but you know what i mean

VCs more athletic, but wasn't there some guy who was able to put coins on the backboard (GOAT or w.e.) or was that some fictional story?

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Good for Carter.

I don't think he is a hall of famer based on his achievements and how he has played the game (sandbagged it alot). The only thing that I think can make people wonder is his series versus AI and dunk contest showings. Other that I just don't see it.

It is still a remarkable feat though

I think that's a good point. His EPIC playoff series vs Iverson was the best Playoff series Ive ever watched (well Im a VC fan so kinda biased). His showmanship, rookie dominace (ROY), dunk contest, PPG, 20,000 mark, all star aperances...all that are actually imporant. He really was significant to the league if you think about it. THe best dunker of all time might seem like "oh its just 2 points" but if you think about it...Vince Carter is legendary and a lot is based off his dunks but hey it is what it is. His 08-09 season with the Nets was honestly one of the most inspirational seasons Ive seen VC play. He was leading all young kids on a team picked to be last and got them in the playoff chase and developed Harris and Lopez and the year he leaves they are the worst team history...that will be overlooked but VCs career isnt as ****** as ppl make it out to be. His Raptor Days, early nets days? come on man. incredible player in his prime

kblo247
01-14-2011, 02:13 AM
I think that's a good point. His EPIC playoff series vs Iverson was the best Playoff series Ive ever watched (well Im a VC fan so kinda biased). His showmanship, rookie dominace (ROY), dunk contest, PPG, 20,000 mark, all star aperances...all that are actually imporant. He really was significant to the league if you think about it. THe best dunker of all time might seem like "oh its just 2 points" but if you think about it...Vince Carter is legendary and a lot is based off his dunks but hey it is what it is. His 08-09 season with the Nets was honestly one of the most inspirational seasons Ive seen VC play. He was leading all young kids on a team picked to be last and got them in the playoff chase and developed Harris and Lopez and the year he leaves they are the worst team history...that will be overlooked but VCs career isnt as ****** as ppl make it out to be. His Raptor Days, early nets days? come on man. incredible player in his prime

He was a great player, but lets be real here. Many would take a prime Iverson, Kobe, McGrady, or Wade over him at his prime in that SG position. Some would even take Ginobili because of the difference in how hard they would play.

To me VC had superstar potential outside of being the best dunker in history in my opinion, but he never lived up to that billing solely because he didn't care to, which is a shame because he probably was the most physically blessed SG to come into the league in the past 15 years or so.

He was a perennial all star that could have been better but just didn't play or compete hard enough at times to achieve it.

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 02:17 AM
He was a great player, but lets be real here. Many would take a prime Iverson, Kobe, McGrady, or Wade over him at his prime in that SG position. Some would even take Ginobili because of the difference in how hard they would play.

To me VC had superstar potential outside of being the best dunker in history in my opinion, but he never lived up to that billing solely because he didn't care to, which is a shame because he probably was the most physically blessed SG to come into the league in the past 15 years or so.

He was a perennial all star that could have been better but just didn't play or compete hard enough at times to achieve it.

I don't like or hate VC, but lets be honest. Vince in his up and coming years was insane. There were reasons why they called him the heir to the throne (MJ). He was better than TMac during his stretch with the Raps and some believed he was better than Kobe. It wasn't till later when Tmac became more popular.

Of course, once we figured out he was a slacker, everyone hated him.

kblo247
01-14-2011, 02:23 AM
I think that series and his dunk contests stick out more than a whole body of work. I'm guilty of that because I still remember the way he and AI went at it and the show he put on.

When you step back and really watch some old VC stuff though you really see the difference between when he cared and when he didn't. Then when you look at his potential and how he brought it in comparison to his direct peers in Kobe, AI, and T-Mac you have to just shake your head and ask, what could he have been if he really cared just about 75% of the time?

Sadds The Gr8
01-14-2011, 02:27 AM
I dunno, maybe. He was really good during his prime with us.

Possibly.

yea, but being great for 6 years gets you into the hall of fame? I don't think so...I think a decade of dominance should be enough, and Carter didn't do that. especially in the playoffs.

Antipod
01-14-2011, 02:33 AM
He`ll be the 3rd one surpassing 20k points mark and not getting into the HOF :D

Shareeb_omac2
01-14-2011, 02:33 AM
I think that series and his dunk contests stick out more than a whole body of work. I'm guilty of that because I still remember the way he and AI went at it and the show he put on.

When you step back and really watch some old VC stuff though you really see the difference between when he cared and when he didn't. Then when you look at his potential and how he brought it in comparison to his direct peers in Kobe, AI, and T-Mac you have to just shake your head and ask, what could he have been if he really cared just about 75% of the time?

This.

ChiSox219
01-14-2011, 03:11 AM
VCs more athletic, but wasn't there some guy who was able to put coins on the backboard (GOAT or w.e.) or was that some fictional story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPVKQIFxVk&feature=related

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 03:23 AM

Vince's impact on the league I feel is very underated. I could be homer on that. But I agree on the point that he never lived up to his potential (even tho those were HUGE expectaitons and he lived to a LOT that gets overlooked). He truly was the most physically blessed SG with the most god given talent IVE ever seen. His skill set is off the charts and that is why everything gets overlooked because his expectations were to be still running the talk of whos better Kobe or Vince? And dont get me wrong I loovvee Tmac but that dude had a 2 year prime ha Id take VC anyday. And honestly I dont think Wade's skill set is near a prime AI,VC, Kobe, or Tmac. Hes a beast non the less but he never had that jordan esque like skill.

Sly Guy
01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
telent means nothing without the hard work and drive to back it up. Like kblo247 said, he had the potential to be great, but his drive [physically and metaphorically] faultered. You can't put a guy into the hall of fame just for his highlights.

xbrackattackx
01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Larry Hughes could touch the top of the backboard. There use to be a video on the 76er's page when he played with them. When he was young.

koLohe2133
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't think he will get into the hof.

That dunk contest was out of this world ( BEST EVER ) and when he jumped over that 7 footer and almost punched kg in the face after I couldn't believe my eyes....

But he fell in love with his j, played little defense, no rings...wasn't ever known as a leader, played apathetically.... Idk. I just don't see him making it.

Congrats tho

ThunderZubb
01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
congrats to this douchebag and quitter lol u accomplished nothing. lol your going to retire with no champships what a loser.

The Final Boss
01-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Who's Vince Carter?

Rego247
01-14-2011, 03:19 PM
yea, but being great for 6 years gets you into the hall of fame? I don't think so...I think a decade of dominance should be enough, and Carter didn't do that. especially in the playoffs.

preach it bro.

wince was talented no doubt, but he didnt have the heart to become a great player.

asandhu23
01-14-2011, 03:21 PM
VC belongs in the HoF. **** you Chris Cohan for trading him away. Him and J-Rich in the backcourt = dunkfest

asandhu23
01-14-2011, 03:25 PM
congrats to this douchebag and quitter lol u accomplished nothing. lol your going to retire with no champships what a loser.

so..... Karl Malone and John Stockton are losers too?

td0tsfinest
01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Every player but Chambers (20,047) and one other...Lots of hate gets gathered towards VC, but VC will be for sure ahead of Chambers in the next guy when it's all said and done..

Mitch Richmond is the other guy.

Congrats to Vince. Its a huge mark.

The_905
01-14-2011, 03:32 PM

NBA Rookie of the Year (1999)
8 NBA All-Star (2000–2007)
All-NBA Second Team (2001)
All-NBA Third Team (2000)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1999)
NBA Slam Dunk Champion (2000)

NBA playoff records

Co-holds NBA playoff record for most three-point field goals made in one game: 9 (May 11, 2001 vs. Philadelphia 76ers, Eastern Conference Semifinals)
Most three-point field goals made in one half: 8 (same game as above)
Most consecutive three-point field goals made in one game: 8 (same game as above)
Most consecutive three-point field goals made in one half: 8 (same game as above)

New Jersey Nets franchise records

Most three-point field goals made in one game: 9 (December 11, 2006 vs. Memphis Grizzlies)
Most points scored in one season: 2,070 (2006–07)
Most consecutive 20 or more point games: 23 (2005–06)
He is the first Net to score at least 2,000 points in a single season. (2006–07)

20000 + Point Career.

What do you call those?

Great post buddy..

smith&wesson
01-14-2011, 03:40 PM

x2 its true!

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
V.C. should ask to be traded to a championship team,
maybe if the Melo trade goes down n he end up a Knick.
He should go there...The Knicks would give up fields so V.C.
Can play the 2...fits perfect ......I think :)

mike_noodles
01-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Good for him. Hall of famer, I don't think so, but maybe. If he does go in, what jersey is he wearing? I would think it would have to be a Raptors jersey since his biggest accomplishments happened in Toronto.

JPHX
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
V.C. should ask to be traded to a championship team,
maybe if the Melo trade goes down n he end up a Knick.
He should go there...The Knicks would give up fields so V.C.
Can play the 2...fits perfect ......I think :)

how bout all the good players and superstars come to phoenix and make the suns a contender. huh? eh? :clap:

FlakeyFool
01-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Raptor,net,magic or suns. Its laughable if he gets remembered as anything but a raptor

Geargo Wallace
01-14-2011, 04:35 PM

I hope you don't try to compare Vince to them.

Supa
01-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I think he is HOF locked.

Is there an 8 NBA All-Star who couldn't get into HOF??

People want Fisher into HOF, and want Vince out of it; it's madness.

---

thekmp211
01-14-2011, 05:28 PM
dont let the sour taste vince's personality leaves in your mouth cloud judgement on his production. he's a hall of famer, for sure. and, again, has played on some very mediocre teams over the course of his career.

the best team he ever played on was orlando, well past his prime.

Bruno
01-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Congrats to Vince. A likely future HOFer (probably not first ballot) who's put together a nice career.

ThunderZubb
01-14-2011, 06:59 PM

Did these two quit on there team i dont think so. These two are hall famers and these two played there heart out everygame. Karl Malone is one of the best power forward of all time and John Stockman is one of the best point guards of all time. Please dont put Karl Malone and John Stockton reference to Vince Carter show some respect. Vince CARTER QUIT ON HES TEAM THATS WHAT I AM TRYING TO GET AT. I DONT CARE ABOUT HES 20,000 POINTS AND HES THE BIGGEST DOUCHE AND A LOSER. PLEASE STOP. VINCE IS A QUITTER. BEFORE U CALL ME OUT DO YOUR RESEARCH. Vince Carter quit on hes team yes. Did karl malone or john stockton quit on there team? the answer is no. Now u know what am trying to get at.

Thank you

ThunderZubb
01-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Vince carter is a quitter and generally quitters dont belong in the hall of fame. thats my opinion and all u guys believe quitters belong in the hall fame than all u vince carter need to get off of hes balls and wake up beause u guys must love quitters.

HoopsDrive
01-14-2011, 07:13 PM
NBA Rookie of the Year (1999)
8 NBA All-Star (20002007)
All-NBA Second Team (2001)
All-NBA Third Team (2000)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1999)
NBA Slam Dunk Champion (2000)

NBA playoff records

Co-holds NBA playoff record for most three-point field goals made in one game: 9 (May 11, 2001 vs. Philadelphia 76ers, Eastern Conference Semifinals)
Most three-point field goals made in one half: 8 (same game as above)
Most consecutive three-point field goals made in one game: 8 (same game as above)
Most consecutive three-point field goals made in one half: 8 (same game as above)

New Jersey Nets franchise records

Most three-point field goals made in one game: 9 (December 11, 2006 vs. Memphis Grizzlies)
Most points scored in one season: 2,070 (200607)
Most consecutive 20 or more point games: 23 (200506)
He is the first Net to score at least 2,000 points in a single season. (200607)

20000 + Point Career.

What do you call those?

Great post buddy..

Don't forget his international resume:

Olympic Games
Gold 2000 Sydney Team competition

FIBA Americas Championship
Gold 2003 San Juan Team competition

I don't believe he's a lock but he definitely has a chance. Specially if he gets that ring before his career is over. I do think he'll eventually get in though.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Good for him. Hall of famer, I don't think so, but maybe. If he does go in, what jersey is he wearing? I would think it would have to be a Raptors jersey since his biggest accomplishments happened in Toronto.

True, and that's akward ha. But really I mean he accomplished a lot as a Net, carried that team into the playoffs, but I dont think ANYONE can honestly say when they think of Vince Carter they dont think of him as a Raptor. And when Raptor fans think of whos the face of the Raptors, (ala you think Bulls, you think Jordan), you thnk Raptors you think Vince Carter....dont give me that Bosh **** ha.

btw it is amusing that most Raptor fans are still hating heavily and booing hard VC, yet as soon as HOF topic gets brought up they all quickly say he MUST be remembered as one of theirs.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Vince CARTER QUIT ON HES TEAM THATS WHAT I AM TRYING TO GET AT. I DONT CARE ABOUT HES 20,000 POINTS AND HES THE BIGGEST DOUCHE AND A LOSER. PLEASE STOP. VINCE IS A QUITTER. BEFORE U CALL ME OUT DO YOUR RESEARCH. Vince Carter quit on hes team yes. Did karl malone or john stockton quit on there team? the answer is no. Now u know what am trying to get at.

Thank you

Immaturity at it's finest...

as much as i hate the fact that VC ditched Toronto franchise, it is very common this era. But with this logic it's safe to say we should count out Shaq (ditched Orlando), Lebron (c-leave-land), Bosh (ditched Toronto), Tmac (ditched Orlando AND Toronto), Melo (quitting on Denver)

I'm prolly even missing a few..not saying it's right but saying it happens these days. Kids are spoiled.

kblo247
01-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Quit and ditched are two different things. LeBron left and many players have asked for trades but they were still professionals and played hard before being dealt.

Vince flat out quit on the raptors and admitted to not playing hard during the end of his stay there. That was unprofessional on his part so he has nothing in common with Shaq, LeBron, Bosh, or Carmelo.

Bruno
01-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Quit and ditched are two different things. LeBron left and many players have asked for trades but they were still professionals and played hard before being dealt.

Vince flat out quit on the raptors and admitted to not playing hard during the end of his stay there. That was unprofessional on his part so he has nothing in common with Shaq, LeBron, Bosh, or Carmelo.

While I totally agree, at least he had the courage to admit he quit. It would have been very easy for him to not say that.

I don't think Vince is a first, or even second ballot HOFer, but there are a lot of people in the HOF who you wouldn't expect. IMO, he gets in eventually.

Bruno
01-14-2011, 09:26 PM
The best argument I've ever seen for Vince Carter being HOF worthy was provided here on PSD over a year ago by a poster who I butt heads with regularly, called "theUuord" or something like "Ulourd". Anybody remember that guy? Total Vince Carter homer but he knew his facts and presented a good argument.

If somebody was willing to search through his posts you could present a good argument for Vince as a HOFer.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
While I totally agree, at least he had the courage to admit he quit. It would have been very easy for him to not say that.

I don't think Vince is a first, or even second ballot HOFer, but there are a lot of people in the HOF who you wouldn't expect. IMO, he gets in eventually.

That is a good point. Was Melo honestly not quitting when he only put in 8 points the other night during trade talks? or Lebron in the playoffs.

call me dumb idc but I never really looked into HOF despite being a long time NBA fan. Who exactly makes the calls/votes for who gets in the HOF? That could be a determining factor.
Id say second ballot he gets in.

Russollini
01-14-2011, 10:02 PM
AI vs Vince was one of the greatest individual vs I have ever, ever seen. He gets in, but only after people forget he was a jerk.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
It may actually be 26 points not 36. Ive heard both...well we'll see I guess

AirCanada15ORL
01-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Needs to score 9 pts @ Knicks on Monday. Pretty suree he'll make it then. fyi

JPHX
01-15-2011, 02:29 AM
i hope he loses some weight at least or gets on the steve nash diet.

redsox0717
01-15-2011, 02:32 AM
The most meaningless 20k points in sports history

Chronz
01-15-2011, 02:49 AM

Vince couldnt play hard or else they wouldnt trade him. They didnt take him seriously when he wanted out the year prior.

Rego247
01-15-2011, 02:49 AM
True, and that's akward ha. But really I mean he accomplished a lot as a Net, carried that team into the playoffs, but I dont think ANYONE can honestly say when they think of Vince Carter they dont think of him as a Raptor. And when Raptor fans think of whos the face of the Raptors, (ala you think Bulls, you think Jordan), you thnk Raptors you think Vince Carter....dont give me that Bosh **** ha.

btw it is amusing that most Raptor fans are still hating heavily and booing hard VC, yet as soon as HOF topic gets brought up they all quickly say he MUST be remembered as one of theirs.

i dont think its a must, but to think of him as anything else is stupidity. i hate the guy with a passion, but all the good **** me and u remember him for, happened in T.O. by ur own accord u said that philly series was one of the best u've seen, did u not? u think ppl are gonna remember him as a net, a sun, a magician?

LA_Raiders
01-15-2011, 03:42 AM
I think he will be a HOF.

Best dunker ever....

mike_noodles
01-15-2011, 01:20 PM

I wasn't saying he must wear a Raptors jersey, but he scored 9400 points with them, averaged 27/game one year, dunk contest, roy, all nba 2nd team etc... I think that is more then he did with NJ.

JasonJohnHorn
01-15-2011, 05:22 PM
carter can score. meh. there are a lot of players that can do that. I'd rather have a career like Pippen, Stockton, Thomas, Magic Johnson, Finley, Cousy, Jason Kidd, Dumars, Lamibere, Rasheed Wallace, Dennis Johnson, Steve Nash, Dennis Rodman, Billups, Bill f@$%ing Russell, Mourning, Horace Grant, Mark Jackson and a host of others who have NOT scored 20 000+ than a career like Carter's, or Tom Chambers, or Mitch Richmond, Walk Bellamy, Dan Issel, or Hal Greer. Even being to play in the NBA, let alone score as much as Carter is impressive, but as the league goes on from decade to decade, scoring 20 000+ isn't as big a deal as the entire package of your career. All-around player, character, winning, being competative. I'd rather be a guy who was a great teammate or role player and made the most of his talents, than a guy like Carter who was gifted with such amazing talent and uncerachieved as much as he has. I mean this in context. Carter is clearly one of the most talented players in the league, even now, and one of only a handful of guys who has managed to average over 20 per game ten straight years and over 20+ a game for his career... but as talented as he is, he could have been mentioned along with Kobe and Jordan if he had applied himself like those to did, rather than be in the company of tom Chambers (which is still pretty good company).

He gets the golf clap from me on this one. A golf clap with a snarky eye-roll.

Toxeryll
01-15-2011, 05:49 PM
hmm. if he only stayed as a raptor, he would have had a great career.

ThunderZubb
01-16-2011, 04:35 AM
vince carter is a quitter and quitters dont derserve to be in the hall a fame. a guy quits on hes team admits dont derserve to be in the hof sorry

MackShock
01-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Vince Carters career is over. he might as well retire now and save face.

ElenoraAmyxn
01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Excellent learn, I simply passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that.

auto trader florida Coral Springs (http://www.floridacarsdealerships.com/used-auto-dealers-buy-second-hand-car-dealerships-cheap-used-car-dealers-sell-car-trader/Florida-Coral-Springs) auto trader texas McAllen (http://www.texascarsdealerships.com/used-auto-dealers-buy-second-hand-car-dealerships-cheap-used-car-dealers-sell-car-trader/Texas-McAllen)

arkanian215
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Congrats VC.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

carter15
01-17-2011, 03:11 PM
:clap: :)

el_primo_nano
01-17-2011, 03:17 PM
He has always been an underrated scorer. Him being an unbelievable dunker, overshadowed his scoring abilities

Chronz
01-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Such an underrated player, underrated legacy

jkiddvc20
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Vince Carters career is over. he might as well retire now and save face.

29 Points, 12 Rebounds, and 5 Assists means Carter's career is over?

ThunderZubb
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
vince carter is a quitter

AirCanada15ORL
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
thunderzubb we heard u.

anyways thata boy VC! Whata monster game by Vince for his 20,000 point!!! and hada high flying dunk how ideal!
i didnt realize only 8 other players right now have reached that goal. lay off the haterade VC belongs in the talks of HOF anyday.

ThuglifeJ
01-18-2011, 12:47 AM
keep it real VC. theres plenty who realize how good you still are. and how incredible u were.

AirCanada15ORL
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Now if VC doenst get into the HOF...anyone who glances at the HOF list would see him sticking out like a sore thumb not having that HOF asterik. They'd be like what? Everyone surrounding him and even behind him on the list has a HOF asterik? he's a top 40 all time scorer? the answer. oh hes a quitter and didnt try...he didnt try yet he just passed the 20,000 career point mark?
it's good though it is Vince's fault I guess you could say. That one month controversy of ditching out on the Raptors overshadows anything he accomplished or did. The 51 pt games..the 8 consecutiv 3s in the playoffs. the 22+/5/5 career stats..the amazing sight we all saw back in the day..

it is what it is. he didnt reach his expectations (WHICH WERE TO BE THE NEXT JORDAN DAMN THATS TOUGH) but he sure was an incredible player in his prime.

ThunderZubb
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
yep exactly quitters dont deserve to go to the hall of fame. Biggest Quitter in sports history.

Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R

AirCanada15ORL
01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
aight i think thats enough zubb

ShakeN'Bake
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Now if VC doenst get into the HOF...anyone who glances at the HOF list would see him sticking out like a sore thumb not having that HOF asterik. They'd be like what? Everyone surrounding him and even behind him on the list has a HOF asterik? he's a top 40 all time scorer? the answer. oh hes a quitter and didnt try...he didnt try yet he just passed the 20,000 career point mark?
it's good though it is Vince's fault I guess you could say. That one month controversy of ditching out on the Raptors overshadows anything he accomplished or did. The 51 pt games..the 8 consecutiv 3s in the playoffs. the 22+/5/5 career stats..the amazing sight we all saw back in the day..

it is what it is. he didnt reach his expectations (WHICH WERE TO BE THE NEXT JORDAN DAMN THATS TOUGH) but he sure was an incredible player in his prime.

Your right. He gets ragged on too much.

LeGacy is Music
01-18-2011, 06:52 PM

+1 lets not forget about dunking over 7'1" French man in the summer games

AirCanada15ORL
01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQFR0DWSDw&feature=feedf

awesome! I knew something like this would come out soon

King P
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
I swear some of you havent really watched VC past his Raptor days.

Yes he is a HOF'er. No doubt, one of the most underrated players ever

ThuglifeJ
01-20-2011, 01:38 PM
wow that Mix is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQFR0DWSDw&feature=feedf

ThuglifeJ
01-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I swear some of you havent really watched VC past his Raptor days.

Yes he is a HOF'er. No doubt, one of the most underrated players ever

I feel like no one watched him in NJ. I think he was the most underrated player I have ever seen when in NJ even 08-09. He was playing like any other legend, doing things only Vince could do and somehow slowly fading in the media.

Ill give u hes old an all now. but in NJ he was the most underrated player ive ever watched. Some things he did was unreal.

Rivera
01-20-2011, 01:43 PM
congrats to vince hell of a accomplishment

but i dont know if hes a HOFer

i mean Vince Carters greatest claims to fame is bringing back the dunk contest

Chronz
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
yep exactly quitters dont deserve to go to the hall of fame. Biggest Quitter in sports history.

Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R
Q U I T T E R

You really have no idea whos in the HOF do you

magichatnumber9
01-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I hope before he goes into a retirement home he is inducted into the basketball hall of fame.

AirCanada15ORL
01-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Just passed Tom Chambers for 36th all time.