PDA

View Full Version : Is Carmelo being using by Leon Rose and William Wesley?

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski certainly thinks so

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvrdzkrAUUVt_XnzpE8k7PK8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonyfeature011311

The commissioner, the owner, the agents, they’re running one big hustle on Carmelo Anthony(notes). Together, they’ve thrust him into a circumstance where the Denver Nuggets and New Jersey Nets are holding hostage basketball seasons, and everything’s playing out to turn a popular NBA star into a villain.

As NBA commissioner David Stern threatens doomsday labor-talk scenarios – rollbacks of existing contracts, tens of millions of dollars out of the pockets of NBA stars, the nuking of the players union – Anthony is too terrified to go into free agency. And why wouldn’t he be, when the commissioner is pushing to someday make himself the highest-paid player in the NBA.

“There are so many different agendas at play in this deal,” one league official said. “But there’s no question: Leon and Wes want [the Nets] – even if it’s for different reasons.”

In every way, Anthony is a pawn in a bigger game. He’ll be blamed as the reason basketball seasons in Denver and New Jersey have collapsed under the weight of his trade talks. Only, he has no choice. This is his free agency now, and he’s trapped from above with the agendas of David Stern and Stan Kroenke, and those below with Leon Rose and Worldwide Wes. In the end, they’ll get everything they want out of this lost season.

And ‘Melo, he’ll probably end up in Jersey

What do you guys think?

tangent12
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Melo is the one behind this circus freak show that's going on, he's not fooling anyone. He's the one running the show behind curtains.

I used to have the standard human respect you give a person just for being a human being but now I just see him as LeBron James wannabe. Just a whiny, low class drama queen who wants to get as much attention as he can before he actually does get traded (or not).

BigBlueCrew
01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I think Wojo is the one with the secret agenda here. He is one who has prematurely reported a Melo trade twice already. He is looking more and more like a dope

DoMeFavors
01-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Atleast Woj has reliable sources unlike Chris Sheridan who on the day of the descison he reported that LeBron was going to the Knicks and he was broadcasting from Allen Houstons house.

abe_froman
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
melo is being held against his will ,yup...sure :rolleyes: he was just a sweet ,innocent,naive kid...

BigBlueCrew
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
One mistake is excusable. But to keep on saying that the deal is close is just making him look stupid as a reporter.

tdunk21
01-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Atleast Woj has reliable sources unlike Chris Sheridan who on the day of the descison he reported that LeBron was going to the Knicks and he was broadcasting from Allen Houstons house.

lol

KingPosey
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Its crazy that Stern wants the players to take such a massive cut, and he makes more per year than all but like 5 players.

airronijordan
01-13-2011, 06:41 PM
If Carmelo was being used by his camp, then he would've been a Net already. Melo isn't gonna do anything that'll just benefit his agency (signing extension with NJ)....Rose and WWW also wanted Lebron to play in Chicago, but did that happen? NO

I expect the same thing from Melo, his agency wants him to sign that extension already so that they can somewhat control the Nets, but Melo has the power to say no just like Lebron

oak2455
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM

so what sources are better what has Wojo broken in this story that Melo likes Burgers and Fries:confused: he has done nada..

jmtapia
01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
A player should play where ever he wants. The way i see it Denver has been trying to squeeze every drop of juice in this deal. Didnt they have something agreed upon a while back to only have Den back out last minute??

Melo wants out and want to go back East. NY would be a obvious fit. NY hold leverage bc thats Melo's preferred spot.

Den and Jersey need to agree to a deal and then formally ask Melo if he will sign an extension.

THE MTL
01-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Carmelo Anthony wants the Knicks bad and it is becoming more and more obvious. I can eventually see him putting the X on this trade, leaving Den no choice but to trade him to NYC or lose him in free agency.

goose15
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Carmelo Anthony wants the Knicks bad and it is becoming more and more obvious. I can eventually see him putting the X on this trade, leaving Den no choice but to trade him to NYC or lose him in free agency.

this 100%

Flash3
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
thanks to wade the **** didnt work with bron and bosh.

Giaps
01-13-2011, 07:14 PM
End this nonsense one way or the other.

smith&wesson
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Melo wants to play in new york, other wise he would already be in a nets jersey. its clear that nj is not his choice other wise what the hell could be stopping this deal from happening ? its simple, melo wont sign the extention because if he does he gets shipped out to jersey.

New Y0rk3r
01-13-2011, 07:43 PM
It seems like Rose and WWS really want Melo to go to NJ bc they dont want to wait the offseason and the new cba which means less money (for Melo and for them). By signing the 65M extension they get a nice piece of those money and thats y they want him to go so badly.
The fact that he wants to come to the knicks its just speculation, nobody knows for sure, i hope this is over soon bc this is getting out of hands.

AddiX
01-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Melo played his heart out for Denver and was never a problem there, and he has a good relationship with management.

Forcing him to NJ is messed up on Denvers part. NBA players and Agents don't forget things like this.

Metsboi69
01-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Melo wants to play in new york, other wise he would already be in a nets jersey. its clear that nj is not his choice other wise what the hell could be stopping this deal from happening ? its simple, melo wont sign the extention because if he does he gets shipped out to jersey.

This idea is so off based. Unless you know Melo personally all the legitimate reports say Carmelo would sign off on NJ, and the Nuggets have just not been able to agree to a deal.

obcha22
01-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski certainly thinks so

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvrdzkrAUUVt_XnzpE8k7PK8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonyfeature011311

What do you guys think?

I think he will be fine. he has been quiet, polite and honest. Simply saying he doesn't want to play in Jersey wont vilify him (except in Jersey). I actually think he is handling this really well. He is letting everyone else talk. (Hmm Kind of the opposite of another nameless star) And i think that is very apparent. I agree that he is being used. But he is riding this the way he should and i think in the end, he will come out looking like a good example

JerseysFinest
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
People who make the assumption that if Carmelo wanted Jersey he would be there do not know what he is thinking to make that claim.

Kakaroach
01-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Definitely not, this is all Melo's fault. If you want out, then just wait until the end of the season. Not start a circus before the season even starts and then make it crazier in-season. He has no one to blame but himself for this mess.

John Walls Era
01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Melo's fault. He already told the Nuggets hes not resigning. Be a man and admit that you want to play for the Knicks if you really do want to play for them.