PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Smith: "Blake Griffin can do any dunk that has been done before"

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ao97cPbiF0&feature=player_embedded#!

from about the 1:10 mark

I do believe that he can possibly do anything that we've seen in NBA dunk contests with his own style and flair despite his height but I'd really like to see him do some stuff we've never seen before, not just that one dunk. Something from Team Flight Bros maybe.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
They should fly over Frederic Weis just so he can try to copy Vince Carters Lipton Slam.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Blake should leap over Yao

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
then I want to see the MJ from the free throw line.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 06:12 PM
I have all the Jordan videos, and the part in "Come Fly With Me", when they slow up all his dunks, I can watch that for hours. Or at least until my girlfriend looks at me like I am ******** and I have to shut it off

tangent12
01-13-2011, 06:12 PM
He should try dunking over a cut out poster of LeBron James and then just wildly rub the part of his head against his genital area (ala' mozgov dunk) while dunking it in.

I can guarantee he will get all 10's across the board and everyone's respect and admiration forever.

Go for it Blake.

Giraffes Rule
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
then I want to see the MJ from the free throw line.

Brent Barry could do that in his prime, albeit with less air. The free throw line dunk is boring, imo.

BuddhaMONK
01-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Why don't they allow team flight brothers to compete, who cares if there not in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Brent Barry could do that in his prime, albeit with less air. The free throw line dunk is boring, imo.

he couldn't do the hitch, bring the legs up, and look that bad *** though. Not even close. Hell, Dr. J did it, but it was the same "statue of liberty" dunk Barry did. While it was the same takeoff point, that is where the similarities end.

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Why don't they allow team flight brothers to compete, who cares if there not in the NBA.

It would actually make the contest relevant again. I say LET THE DUNK. Then these NBA players would have a reason to up the ante again.

Giraffes Rule
01-13-2011, 06:44 PM
he couldn't do the hitch, bring the legs up, and look that bad *** though. Not even close. Hell, Dr. J did it, but it was the same "statue of liberty" dunk Barry did. While it was the same takeoff point, that is where the similarities end.

It's still a boring dunk.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 06:47 PM
It's still a boring dunk.

Not in slow motion with cool music!

but yes, there are dunks far more entertaining.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Not in slow motion with cool music!

but yes, there are dunks far more entertaining.

Yeah, like the final one of this 1996 contestant. Bada$$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPAh40LD4D0

:facepalm:

smith&wesson
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
I would like to see griffen get better compition in this contest.

the guy has basically already won the whole thing and it hasnt even started yet. who else is in the contest again ? mcgee and jennings ? is this for real ?

i doubt ill even watch. ill just tune in for the reruns to see HOW griffen won rather then IF griffen won.

no compition = no entertainment.

bears88
01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
I have all the Jordan videos, and the part in "Come Fly With Me", when they slow up all his dunks, I can watch that for hours. Or at least until my girlfriend looks at me like I am ******** and I have to shut it off

LOL that's funny, but if that happened to me ill just tell my gf just to stay aside and do not disturb me while watching Jordan highlights.

ElMarroAfamado
01-13-2011, 07:44 PM
for some reason i dont think Blake is going to win...
i dont know i have a feeling

soonabooma
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
I would like to see griffen get better compition in this contest.

the guy has basically already won the whole thing and it hasnt even started yet. who else is in the contest again ? mcgee and jennings ? is this for real ?

i doubt ill even watch. ill just tune in for the reruns to see HOW griffen won rather then IF griffen won.

no compition = no entertainment.

You're underestimating the other guys. Jennings has competed in dunk contests before and Serge Ibaka won one in the European League. And I'm sure McGee can come up with some pretty good stuff considering how athletic he is. As long as these guys are creative, they'll give us a show, even if Blake is the overwhelming favorite to win. Overall, it should still be pretty entertaining.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Can Jennings even dunk??

I wanna see a backward flip/ turn around/ windmill. :O

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 12:58 AM
I can tell I'll be disappointed already.

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 01:10 AM
First of all the contestants are not even up to par.. for any dunk contest. 2ndly, we got people like Kenny Smith over-hyping it.

AirCanada15ORL
01-14-2011, 01:13 AM
I love Blake, but I hope he isnt the next SHannon brown wen it comes to contests...
anyways I am insanely diggin Blake's dunks but Kenny is wrong.

here is why imo. and yes Im gonna promote my guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_e931PFwz0
^I dont think he has the capability of making it look THAT beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MywyMVCfX6Q
^Blakes dunks are Jaw Dropping. But none have been this mind blowing YET.

any other dunk I could possibly beleive him pulling off if he tried.

Evolution23
01-14-2011, 01:18 AM
He should try dunking over a cut out poster of LeBron James and then just wildly rub the part of his head against his genital area (ala' mozgov dunk) while dunking it in.

I can guarantee he will get all 10's across the board and everyone's respect and admiration forever.

Go for it Blake.

thats not gay or anything

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 01:18 AM
IMO The anticipation would be just as high as when VC was about to dunk. The 1st dunk is going to determine everything; sure he can still win if he does something decent, but if he wants to be known as a great dunker he will have to bring something I've never seen before (good luck with that).

yshNYK
01-14-2011, 01:20 AM
i want to see an actual freethrow line dunk in my lifetime please!

anyways i feel like blake griffin can either go Vince Carter and have one of the most memorable performances of all time...or go Shannon Brown and be the most disappointing performance of all time

mttwlsn16
01-14-2011, 01:39 AM
for some reason i dont think Blake is going to win...
i dont know i have a feeling

damn...wut u been smoking lol...mcgee????? ibaka????? JENNINGS????????????? please tell me who u honestly thing can even have a chance to beat Blake in this

mttwlsn16
01-14-2011, 01:40 AM
IMO The anticipation would be just as high as when VC was about to dunk. The 1st dunk is going to determine everything; sure he can still win if he does something decent, but if he wants to be known as a great dunker he will have to bring something I've never seen before (good luck with that).

:facepalm: the guy is already the best ingame dunker in the league

Shortys4711
01-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Donno about most of you guys but I didnt know Jennings could even dunk but good mix here, even goes between the legs, pretty impresive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEssOVP6TcQ

Shareeb_omac2
01-14-2011, 02:05 AM
The only player that has the chance to do something you haven't seen before is McGee. I know a lot of you haven't had the chance to see him play... He's like 7' tall and has a 7'7" wingspan or something crazy like that. He has the leaping ability of Dwight Howard easily and who knows what to expect. I'm not saying he's going to win but he has the best shot at something completely original...

I'm not even a Wizards fan but I follow them because I live in Maryland and they are on local television.

John Walls Era
01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
:facepalm: the guy is already the best ingame dunker in the league

35% of the season and hes the best? I understand you're sipping that kool-aid like water right now, but hes the best ingame dunker after Lebron. Also TBH I was talking about ALLTIME greatest.

feddi420
01-14-2011, 02:20 AM
what i dont understand is how come no one ever mentions getting drose in the competition...the kids got hops and he's thrown down some pretty cool dunks...just a thought

Raph12
01-14-2011, 03:19 AM
I'd like to see him do something new, like how Dwight hit the ball off the board with one hand and dunked with the other in midair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3yICqskl5A)... Just something different.

Maybe he could try to dunk on Dwight, with Dwight trying to block him... If he lands it, I'd give him 50 for sure.