PDA

View Full Version : David Stern's lost this league!

hoog
01-13-2011, 01:43 PM
It's official, the players are running this ship now. The whole LaBron thing, now Carmelo, Amare is texting him during the season to recruit him, CP3 has already tried to set up another three player team, and you had the whole betting ref thing going on.

It's not just that the players are running it, it's the fact that 2/3's of the teams are flat out crap and hard to even watch. If it's going to come down to the NY area, the Miami area, the Los Angeles area, and then an occasional team here and there then why not start folding up teams. The product is watered down and crappy in most places anyway.

The most amazing thing to me is that they actually have the whole salary thing figured out (for the most part anyway) but they still find a way to greed themselves to death. I find it hard to watch and even harder to understand how these guys make so much money for what about 10-15 tough games a year.

Blahhhg, I'll stick to college basketball.

tangent12
01-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I'd rather have a corrupted league than a plain old boring fair one.

Y2JOrdan
01-13-2011, 01:58 PM
maybe lebron was right about building super teams :laugh:

CityofTreez
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah. Give up as a fan!

Watch more Golf!

dayman
01-13-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't get what the big deal is? Players are free to go wherever they want when their contract expires, so if the want to play with other super/all stars then I say go for it.

These players talk to one another regularly....and of course they talk about the possibility of playing together. David Stern is not gonna be able to stop anything.

hugepatsfan
01-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree that there are too many crappy teams. I think a hard cap would help that. Then the good teams wouldn't get so much help from the MLE.

Litchris12
01-13-2011, 02:11 PM
i think the league is doing alright for now but i think some major is going to happen later on though

Allstar21
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
remember when college basketball was good? ya i don't either
I hate watching missed open jumper after missed open lay-up by a bunch of players that don't deserve to be on TV.