PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fans chant mvp with Kobe at the line

Hustlenomics
01-13-2011, 02:16 AM
are their a lot of Laker fans down there or is it because they lose a lot? the game was pretty close down the stretch so i don't see why the chants was so loud especially in the final minute of the fourth

nickdymez
01-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Of course they did.... The "non clutch" Kobe scored 17 points in 5 minutes.....

B.JenningsMVP
01-13-2011, 02:21 AM
it's ****in Kobe, anywhere they play he gets em... well for the most part lol

asandhu23
01-13-2011, 02:22 AM
uh its california. There are a lot of Lakers fans in Bay Area. If I had to make a guess, I would say there are more Lakers fans here than Warriors fans.

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Hahaha tell me about it people saying Kobe isn't clutch and that they would take lebron ginobli some even said Carter and durant lol don't get me wrong they r clutch but non as clutch as Kobe... stats can be so misleading lol!

By the way since this isn't a lebron thread expect it to get closed

Hustlenomics
uh its california. There are a lot of Lakers fans in Bay Area. If I had to make a guess, I would say there are more Lakers fans here than Warriors fans.

but damn..there has to be some warrior fans that go to the games

USMCLaker
They weren't Warrior fans chanting MVP they were Laker fan implants.

shep33
01-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Kobe gets that pretty much everywhere he plays. Lot of Laker fans are always at Gstate games.

asandhu23
01-13-2011, 02:30 AM
but damn..there has to be some warrior fans that go to the games

Lakers fans are loud. easy for them to be loud since championships come to them on gold platters. no offense but there are a lot of Lakers bandwagoners in Bay Area. they are mostly casual nba fans too. tonight they got their money's worth.

Sadds The Gr8
01-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Kobe hears this in many arenas. It's not the hometown fans cheering him it's usually the bandwagon Laker fans that live in whichever city the Lakers play their road games.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-13-2011, 02:38 AM
They are pretty common in the Bay Area.

John Walls Era
01-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Isn't it like just north of LA?

Chronz
Let me get this straight, all Kobe has to do is finally have a game where his clutchness shines through and everyone forgets how average hes been in the clutch throughout the year?

SugeKnight
Warrior fans dont chant MVP for Kobe. Their are alot of bandwagon laker fans in the bay area though, so that's what you heard.

NJrockPD
01-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Lakers fans are loud. easy for them to be loud since championships come to them on gold platters. no offense but there are a lot of Lakers bandwagoners in Bay Area. they are mostly casual nba fans too. tonight they got their money's worth.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Lakers fans who like the Yankees too. I would say 50% of Lakers fans are frontrunners.

nickdymez
01-13-2011, 02:46 AM
hahahhahahaha@ the laker haters

asandhu23
01-13-2011, 02:47 AM

Shortest road distance from Oracle Area to Staples Center is 367 miles. so no.

Hustlenomics
01-13-2011, 02:52 AM
damn so are there any laker fans that live in LA? lol

tredigs
01-13-2011, 02:54 AM

As a Bay Area native and sports fiend who's been to a ton of Warrior games and older than this dude Assan, I can 100% verify that this is ********.

They do have a lot of fans here (and everywhere in Cali) who came out to the game tonight, but as a whole? Not even ****ing close. This is Warriors nation.

Y2JOrdan
01-13-2011, 02:57 AM
yeah warrior fans do that alot. I live in northern Cal, there's so many Laker fans here its not even funny

Y2JOrdan
01-13-2011, 02:58 AM
well the warrior fans that are closet laker fans lol

SugeKnight
01-13-2011, 03:01 AM
yeah warrior fans do that alot. I live in northern Cal, there's so many Laker fans here its not even funny

well the warrior fans that are closet laker fans lol

I dont really know anyone who acts like a warrior fan but secretly roots for the lakers. you are either a laker fan who rubs their success in warrior fans' faces or youre a warrior fan who hates the lakers

The Final Boss
01-13-2011, 03:04 AM
SugeNight, that broad in your sig. has some big *** arms. Lol Anyway 50% of Lakers fans are clowns the other 50% are from Boss Angeles. And the ones from SoCal are mostly all Dodgers fans and can give a **** about the Yankees. Gone...

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Lakers fans who like the Yankees too. I would say 50% of Lakers fans are frontrunners.

Typical response the lakers have the most loyal fans but the most bandwagon ones to well maybe the heat have more lol
But seriously just cuz there's laker fans everywhere doesn't mean there bandwagon fans every fan I know is a real laker fan that's for sure

asandhu23
01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
As a Bay Area native and sports fiend who's been to a ton of Warrior games and older than this dude Assan, I can 100% verify that this is ********.

They do have a lot of fans here (and everywhere in Cali) who came out to the game tonight, but as a whole? Not even ****ing close. This is Warriors nation.

which side of the Bay do you hang out in? I live on the Peninsula. Every 7 out of 10 nba fans here are Lakers fans.

SugeKnight
01-13-2011, 03:08 AM
I live east bay and about 4/10 are Laker fans

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 03:08 AM
I live in Tustin close to Anaheim but umm my aunt lives in Fremont and its like 15 minutes from warriors stadium everytime I go visit I always show off my laker gear... I usually get dirty looks lol

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 03:09 AM
from Kobe gets MVP chants... to locations hahaha this is funny

Jenceman
01-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Kobe has gotten MVP chants in godforsaken Boston.

The_Mac22
01-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Those were Laker "fans" you heard. Not Warrior fans, Warrior fans chant MVP when Ellis is at the line.

tredigs
01-13-2011, 03:17 AM
I live east bay and about 4/10 are Laker fans

which side of the Bay do you hang out in? I live on the Peninsula. Every 7 out of 10 nba fans here are Lakers fans.

North Bay. I know literally 1 Laker fan, and I cannot count the Warrior fans on 5 hands. There's no comparison whatsoever, and the 1 Laker fan gets so much **** for it that he doesn't even bother repping them around us. Amazes me to hear you two say this, and quite frankly pisses me off.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-13-2011, 03:23 AM
North Bay. I know literally 1 Laker fan, and I cannot count the Warrior fans on 5 hands. There's no comparison whatsoever, and the 1 Laker fan gets so much **** for it that he doesn't even bother repping them around us. Amazes me to hear you two say this, and quite frankly pisses me off.

you should post in the Warriors forum more often.

JiffyMix88
01-13-2011, 03:27 AM
really in california!!!! you don't say!!!!

Two-3
01-13-2011, 03:27 AM
I was at the game and the MVP chants was really only 50% off the Arena although TVs make it seem like the arena was chanting

J4KOP99
01-13-2011, 03:28 AM
are their a lot of Laker fans down there or is it because they lose a lot? the game was pretty close down the stretch so i don't see why the chants was so loud especially in the final minute of the fourth

I don't want to turn this into a geography lesson or anything, but...

ElMarroAfamado
01-13-2011, 03:39 AM
I have been watching the Lakers for years and everytime they are visitors to a team in California there is always a laaarge amount of Laker fans. For some reason the number is always the highest it seems against Golden State. So it was Laker fans chanting the MVp thing like they always do.....

Chi StateOfMind
01-13-2011, 04:00 AM
even if they chant it doesnt mean he is or should b probably just alot of laker fans but he did snap on golden state...........but dont forget about monta ellis i feel he's so undervalued and underrated

Hustlenomics
01-13-2011, 04:01 AM
I don't want to turn this into a geography lesson or anything, but...

you're taking that literally? LOL

Lloyd Christmas
01-13-2011, 04:04 AM
Bandwagon Laker fans is what really started my hate for bandwagon fans in general. I hate all of them. How can you be from the bay area, never go to any games at the Staples Center, and talk **** when they win? And if you read this and disagree then you most likely are a frontrunner in some respect as well and I don't like you.

By the way when the Lakers play at Oracle arena about 1/3 of the people there are Lakers fans. It's just a smaller arena so it's easier to hear the chants.

JnasD
01-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Im a Knicks Fan and i hate Bandwagon Fans. Its Funny how there are some Bandwagon fans that support The Lakers, Yankees, and Cowboys LOL.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-13-2011, 04:31 AM
Nothing new. Kobe has gotten MVP chants EVERYWHERE, including Boston ;)

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 04:53 AM
Well I'm a lakers fan and I am a fan of the lakers raiders angels and a little dodgers and for those soccer junkies pumas from the Mexican soccer league

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 04:53 AM
Nothing new. Kobe has gotten MVP chants EVERYWHERE, including Boston ;)

And Miami hahaha

sfattahian
01-13-2011, 05:05 AM

I wouldn't go that far, but yea I was at the game, there were tons of Lakers fans there as there usually is. It was only about 10% of the crowd, but they were making some noise throughout the game and when Kobe got to the line in the 4th.

There were no warriors fans chanting Kobe for MVP just to clarify.

Stuckey#3
01-13-2011, 05:37 AM
In past years people all over the nation chanted MVP for Kobe. That's what happens when somebody slays your team but you respect them anyway. It is wierd though for GSW because Monta is playing so well. Kobe is proving... even past his prime... that he belongs in the GOAT discussion.

D1JM
01-13-2011, 05:47 AM

like 400 miles north.

ZebraCity916
01-13-2011, 06:18 AM
There's Laker and Kobe fans everywhere. When a team wins championship after championship and has one of the best players of all time, they'll have bandwagon fans. Just my opinion.

Kinda sad that this happened cause Warrior fans are pretty loyal. Good fans.

NothingbutWill
01-13-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm from the bay and I've been to about 3 Lakers/Warriors game and there are people that ALWAYS chants MVP when Kobe is on the free throw line and here's why.

Reasons:
1) Since there isn't any winning teams in California, a lot of them just jump on whichever team is winning, mainly the Lakers. I remember when Sacramento was good with Webber and co. and the state was basically split between the 2 teams. Nor Cal was leaning more towards the Kings and So Cal was more towards the Lakers. Since then, only the Lakers had more success as a winning team and so they get more fans wherever they go in California.

2) There are actually not a lot of Laker fans but just KOBE fans. I've met a few of these so called "Laker" fans inside the arena who can't even name anyone but Kobe, Pau and Odom. One "Laker" fan even I talked to a bit pointed at Derek Fisher and said "Derek Williams is a great PG and probably the best in the league" - True story.

3) There are a lot of people from the bay that was originally from LA or went to school there but was originally from the bay. A lot of my friends who are Laker fans grew up in the bay but when to school in UCLA, UC IRVINE and etc.

4) Kobe is freaking popular because he is a great player. He has fans EVERYWHERE but since it's in California, he just gets more love.

There are probably many more reasons why but that's just my 2 cents.

NothingbutWill
01-13-2011, 06:33 AM
edit: bah stupid double post