PDA

View Full Version : How Good can Blake Griffin be?

hotpotato1092
01-13-2011, 01:35 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a rookie do what he's doing. It's insane, he is absolutely unstoppable. And he's only gonna get better. I really have no clue what his ceiling is, it seems like he has LeBron's athleticism in Amare Stoudemire's body with KG's intensity. Are we talking about someone who in two or three years could be the best player in the game? Could he average 30 and 15? To be honest I'm not sure he has a ceiling, he could do things we've never seen. Personally I think he has best in the game potential, and I can't wait for a Clippers-Thunder rivalry to develop in the west (assuming Sterling doesn't screw it up).

210Don
01-13-2011, 01:37 AM
if he develops a jumper which i hear he can shoot 3s he could be unstoppable cant wait to see him in the playoffs

RZZZA
01-13-2011, 01:38 AM
his ceiling is based on his work ethic, i guess.

Cubs Win
01-13-2011, 01:47 AM

This. Players with a great work ethic can pretty much always find ways to get better.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-13-2011, 01:49 AM
He's slowly becoming a better free throw shooter.

But ye like the other poster said, his ceiling is based on his work ethic just like the rest of the players that have "superstar" potential

GodsSon
01-13-2011, 01:50 AM
The hype he's getting right now as a rookie is on par with LeBron a la 2003 and VC from 99-01...the keyword right now is HYPE

If his work ethic is strong he will dominate the league consistently for years, if not, he can fade pretty quickly...Personally, I hope he fulfills his vast potential.

Y2JOrdan
01-13-2011, 01:55 AM
I'm pulling for this guy, one of the most exciting players i've seen in a while. I think he's good enough to turn that clipper franchise into a contender in a couple of years

Ovratd1up
01-13-2011, 01:56 AM
I'll take your hype and raise you 22/13 as a rookie.

BRADfromOZ
01-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Maybe a cross between Shaq and The Mailman.

JRisdabest
01-13-2011, 02:19 AM
clips just beat the heat

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 02:20 AM
I said he would be the best pf in the league 1-2 years but **** that how about best player if he works on his D and works on his jumper there is no reason y he shouldn't be #1 or debated

DoMeFavors
01-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Future MVP and when Kobe leaves Lakers, Clippers will be the team in LA.

phoenix_bladen
01-13-2011, 02:24 AM
damn imagine if he didn't get injured last year ?

what would his averages be now?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-13-2011, 02:30 AM

U mean when Blake will sign with the lakers;)

tredigs
01-13-2011, 02:47 AM

His work ethic is already a thing of awe in the Clippers camp. Apparently they have to try to beg him to slow it down in fear that he'll run himself into the ground. But seeing as he's only improved as the season's progressed, I think it's working for him.

I don't think 30/15/5 is out of the realm of reason for Blake to average. Next season.

Over the past month+ he's at 25+/14+/5+ on 54% shooting. Doesn't hurt that he's always looking to throw down something that lights the whole stadium up. In short, I love watching this dude.

shep33
01-13-2011, 02:53 AM
He's ridiculous... Can't believe I'm saying this but in a couple years he can be the best in the league. He's putting up the best rookie numbers that I've maybe ever seen outside of maybe Timmy D.

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 02:56 AM

Ofcourse I don't want my lakers sucking at all but there is not one team I would love to have win the championship then the clippers besides my lakers ofcourse everyone else can go to hell! I like the clippers I wouldn't be mad if they won it all plus I love me some Blake griffin(: with that said go lakers!

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Blake is a future MVP too!!

tredigs
01-13-2011, 03:00 AM
He's ridiculous... Can't believe I'm saying this but in a couple years he can be the best in the league. He's putting up the best rookie numbers that I've maybe ever seen outside of maybe Timmy D.

Shaq (truth be told, offensively at this age they're quite similar, and BG is a better passer)? Jordan? C'mon now. I'd say he's about on par offensively with some of the great bigs (along with Hakeem, David Robinson, etc) at this age, but certainly not noticeably better other than the high-flying throwdowns.

Also, his defense is fine man to man, but it's not elite. And his weak-side help D is very suspect. He has a lot of room to improve, but I think he'll get there. Needs a coach or a strong vet that helps make him work for it on that end though. And I'm afraid he doesn't have that right now.

blueplanet
01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Blake Griffin is a BEAST!! I will be surprised if he's not considered a top 5 player by the middle of next season. If he keeps this up there is no reason why he won't be. To me he is by far the most attractive young fella in the league. But don't overhype this man. Let him play his game. I love Kevin Durant as well but he was vastly overhyped during the summer. Now his name seems to be a distant past.

tredigs
01-13-2011, 03:10 AM
Blake Griffin is a BEAST!! I will be surprised if he's not considered a top 5 player by the middle of next season. If he keeps this up there is no reason why he won't be. To me he is by far the most attractive young fella in the league. But don't overhype this man. Let him play his game. I love Kevin Durant as well but he was vastly overhyped during the summer. Now his name seems to be a distant past.

As he leads the league in scoring by a full 2ppg and his team is currently set to hold Home-Court-Advantage in the playoffs. This all coming off a summer where he took team USA on his back and won the gold medal while being awarded the MVP of the tournament.

What league are you watching???

kobe24>lebron23
01-13-2011, 03:16 AM
As he leads the league in scoring by a full 2ppg and his team is currently set to hold Home-Court-Advantage in the playoffs. This all coming off a summer where he took team USA on his back and won the gold medal while being awarded the MVP of the tournament.

I think what he meant to say was that we haven't really been talking about durant alot this year even though he deserves to get talked about durants a beast he was over hyped a little though... I expect Kobe and durant to be fighting for the MVP at the end of the year!

ElMarroAfamado
01-13-2011, 03:19 AM
I have seen all his game as a Clipper and today against the heat i caught myself saying "damn Blake is not doing anything" but its just that i am so used to his dunks that i overlooked how good a game he was having....he made a couple big shots in the 4th...but i give the Heat credit cause (besides the Jazz) it seems Blake had his most difficult game today (even though he still had a double double haha)

farren.louis
01-13-2011, 03:50 AM
In about 3yrs blake griffin will be the most dominate player in the LEAGUE! he's to fast for center and power forwards lol and to big for small forward and forget a jumper he doesnt need 1 he gets to the basket anytime he wants.. lebron was good his rookie year but not this good! blake griffin is dunkin on EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! nd if he doesnt go to the all star game im done with basketball lol

jimbobjarree
01-13-2011, 04:04 AM
just hope his body can hold up

TopsyTurvy
01-13-2011, 04:08 AM
The Clippers front office will ruin his legacy by either surrounding him with mediocre talent or a mediocre staff. For a young superstar in the making, it's very unfortunate he's stuck with Donald Sterling signing his paychecks.

Crackadalic
01-13-2011, 04:11 AM
um he is putting up mvp numbers on a losing team. imagine if he did it on a winning team. This guys screams superstar potential. He'll make the same jump KD did in his 3rd year. This decade is gonna be really good

Niro
01-13-2011, 04:23 AM
His work ethic is already a thing of awe in the Clippers camp. Apparently they have to try to beg him to slow it down in fear that he'll run himself into the ground. But seeing as he's only improved as the season's progressed, I think it's working for him.

I don't think 30/15/5 is out of the realm of reason for Blake to average. Next season.

Over the past month+ he's at 25+/14+/5+ on 54% shooting. Doesn't hurt that he's always looking to throw down something that lights the whole stadium up. In short, I love watching this dude.

this

he is so fun to watch, just because of him the clippers went from smh:facepalm: to :speechless::clap:

blueplanet
01-13-2011, 04:24 AM

wow! Really? You are a much better poster man. You didn't get what I meant.

EDIT: See what your next poster says.

John Walls Era
01-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I need Sterling to piss him off.

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 09:53 AM

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/blake-griffin-workout-arcl-1168.html

I'd say his ceiling is extremely high at this moment.

NYKalltheway
01-13-2011, 09:56 AM
How Good can Blake Griffin be?

The best of his era perhaps...

mttwlsn16
01-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a rookie do what he's doing. It's insane, he is absolutely unstoppable. And he's only gonna get better. I really have no clue what his ceiling is, it seems like he has LeBron's athleticism in Amare Stoudemire's body with KG's intensity. Are we talking about someone who in two or three years could be the best player in the game? Could he average 30 and 15? To be honest I'm not sure he has a ceiling, he could do things we've never seen. Personally I think he has best in the game potential, and I can't wait for a Clippers-Thunder rivalry to develop in the west (assuming Sterling doesn't screw it up).

He will :facepalm:

ragee
01-13-2011, 10:14 AM

Tim Duncan... Less of the flashiness but more efficient and he plays some good D as well... Ok, going back to Blake... I really like this guy and like what he is showing us... I didn't expect him to do all of these in his rookie year... However, there are still some aspects in his game that he can improve on (especially on defense)... I really hope he can turn the Clippers franchise around... With a good attitude and good work ethic the sky is the limit for this kid...

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
worst case? 23/14 with injuries due to reckless play.
best case? Best PF of all time. He is seriously that talented.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Tim Duncan... Less of the flashiness but more efficient and he plays some good D as well... Ok, going back to Blake... I really like what he is showing us but there are still some aspects in his game that he can improve on (especially on defense)... I really hope he can turn the Clippers franchise around... With a good attitude and good work ethic the sky is the limit for this kid...

also older and farther along in development. But yes, he was the last rookie to make the all star team (it helped he came onto a stacked team from day 1 to get those wins, something Blake isn't getting in comparison)

mttwlsn16
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
U mean when Blake will sign with the lakers;)

He is a RFA after 2013-2014 season. Meaning DTS can match any offer he gets and make him stay. So that aint happening

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 10:17 AM
When was the last time we saw 22 and 13 from a rookie PF?

Well lets just say it has not een done in the NBA just ONCE by Elvin Hayes back in 68-69 and in the ABA 4 times by Spencer Haywood, Marvin Barnes, Dan Issel and Mel Daniels but no NBA rookie PF other than Hayes has ever averaged 22+ points and 13+ rebounds per game over the course of a season. Blake Griffin with the way he has been improving over the course of the season is well on his way to do that.

Oh and if you want to bring his assists in the conversation as well no NBA rookie PF has ever averaged 22 points 13 rebounds and 3 assists per game in his rookie season (Marvin Barnes was able to do so in the ABA however). NONE!

To those who are saying Blake isn't currently putting up the numbers I quoted please note that no rookie PF since TD even average 21 and 12 and even TD didn't get 3 assists per. I am not comparing any of these players to Blake I am just stating the kind of company he is keeping with the rookie campaign he is having thus far. He'll never be as good as Duncan IMO.

So after see the kind of company he's keeping and the fact that what he's doing as a rookie has never been done before by any rookie PF in league history I'd say he can become an MVP type player and 28,14 and 5 may not be out of the equation for him.

If he continues to develop his game and becomes more polished on the offensive end not just relying on sheer brute and ability but also skill and fundamentals and becomes a better defender maybe not as good as a Kevin Garnett but on par with a Kenyon Martin I see no reason why he can't become one of the most dominant PFs in NBA history.

How good can he be? Well once he keeps working on his game, improving and stays healthy he can possibly become an All-Tim Great.

Mr.ATLHawks
01-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I refuse to believe this kids vertical is only 37".... Especially that dunk on Mosgov from the Knicks he looks to be at least 42-45" off the ground..

td0tsfinest
01-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Coming into the draft, I was expecting Blake to be like a Shawn Kemp or a Kenyon Martin/Antonio Mcydess (pre-surgery). But he's definitely proved he can be so much more.

He's need to develop a consistent jumper, improve on his atrocious FT% and refine his post game. But the guy is only 21 (a year younger than me, and I'd like to consider myself pretty young). He's got a great work ethic, so you expect him to be even better.

Weezy
01-13-2011, 10:58 AM
He is one of my fav players in the league. I think he can become the freak athlete version of Karl Malone. He needs to develop that J.

el_primo_nano
01-13-2011, 11:00 AM

his work ethic is proven. I think in three years he should be averaging 27pts and 11rebs per... Imagine if he wouldnt have missed all of last year :sigh:

mamba24
01-13-2011, 11:25 AM

:laugh:

sep11ie
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
God is great

Carey
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
He could concievably be the best player in the NBA in a couple years. He has the skill set, work ethic and demeanor.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
the last rookie big who dropped 20 and 10 averages as a rookie was Tim Duncan. Blake Griffin is gonna be a monster in his prime.

Not only is he spectacular, but he is also very fundamentally sound for a rookie big. The polish in his game is what makes him better than your ordinairy rookie big.

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 01:29 PM
if he learns some MORE fundamentals┐

SKY is the limit.

If he goes on relying mainly on phisical gifts?
Shawm kemp

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
if he learns some MORE fundamentals┐

SKY is the limit.

If he goes on relying mainly on phisical gifts?
Shawm kemp

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=griffbl01&y1=2011&p2=kempsh01&y2=1994

This is Blake versus Kemp's BEST season. So no way I can agree. I see the high flying dunk similarity, but Blake can sleepwalk into being better.

sargon21
01-13-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.muscleprodigy.com/blake-griffin-workout-arcl-1168.html

I'd say his ceiling is extremely high at this moment.

wow awesome link

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=griffbl01&y1=2011&p2=kempsh01&y2=1994

This is Blake versus Kemp's BEST season. So no way I can agree. I see the high flying dunk similarity, but Blake can sleepwalk into being better.

Did you factor the company they have ?

Because those sonics woudl chew this clippers with their talent...
Obviously you dont get as much ppg if you have more people to share the rock with.

Also Kemp was a better defender ( something griffin can and shoudl still work on)

But i meant it as in Player tha tis falshy and somehow effective during a peropd of time but when starts losing some physical atrubutes becomes abysmal.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Griffin is far better thahn KG and Amare as rookies...because he already has some of the fundamentals down.

He isn't as raw as people think. For one, I hardly come across a non-Euro rookie big that passes the ball adequately.

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
the last rookie big who dropped 20 and 10 averages as a rookie was Tim Duncan. Blake Griffin is gonna be a monster in his prime.

Not only is he spectacular, but he is also very fundamentally sound for a rookie big. The polish in his game is what makes him better than your ordinairy rookie big.

Elton Brand did it after Timmy.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Elton Brand did it after Timmy.

Of course, my bad...let's hope Griffin doesn't get the injury bug in his prime.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Did you factor the company they have ?

Because those sonics woudl chew this clippers with their talent...
Obviously you dont get as much ppg if you have more people to share the rock with.

Also Kemp was a better defender ( something griffin can and shoudl still work on)

But i meant it as in Player tha tis falshy and somehow effective during a peropd of time but when starts losing some physical atrubutes becomes abysmal.

Do you think Blake's game will not grow? That is my point. If you want to compare them through growth stages, Blake has a large head start.

I can live with the last paragraph

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Griffin is far better thahn KG and Amare as rookies...because he already has some of the fundamentals down.

He isn't as raw as people think. For one, I hardly come across a non-Euro rookie big that passes the ball adequately.

and he is 2 years older than KG or Amare was

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Do you think Blake's game will not grow? That is my point. If you want to compare them through growth stages, Blake has a large head start.

I can live with the last paragraph

Kemp entered directly from Hs remember?

Im nto hating at all in Bg, in fact from teh young crop of players in teh league i think he can become the best of them. IF HE WORKS on it.

Ive lost faith in Dwight learning to play basketball he would be the undisputble best player in the league if he did.

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
You guys do realize where Blake's rookie season is ranking him statistically in the history books right? We have never seen this type of play from PF since TD and before him was more than 40 years ago. He has MVP potential if you ask me. Already a much better leader than Kemp ever was.

DaBUU
01-13-2011, 01:59 PM
He's a ****ing monster! He's on the path to being the best PF in the game, hope he gets in the All Star game. he desrves it.

Swashcuff
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
and he is 2 years older than KG or Amare was

He also gained valuable experience from being around NBA players and sitting on the sideline and learning for a full year before his "rookie" season. So there's really no point there.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Kemp entered directly from Hs remember?

Im nto hating at all in Bg, in fact from teh young crop of players in teh league i think he can become the best of them. IF HE WORKS on it.

Ive lost faith in Dwight learning to play basketball he would be the undisputble best player in the league if he did.

technically, he had a semester of junior college under his belt :)

But lets look at the 41-41 Sonics from his second year then

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=griffbl01&y1=2011&p2=kempsh01&y2=1991

I get the physical comparisons I guess, Kemp had electrifying dunks. But Blake is even stronger and faster. I am not sure a player has come along exactly like Blake. He is like a bigger Nique almost, with slightly better handles.

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 02:04 PM
technically, he had a semester of junior college under his belt :)

But lets look at the 41-41 Sonics from his second year then

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=griffbl01&y1=2011&p2=kempsh01&y2=1991

I get the physical comparisons I guess, Kemp had electrifying dunks. But Blake is even stronger and faster. I am not sure a player has come along exactly like Blake. He is like a bigger Nique almost, with slightly better handles.

Orlando Woolridge , before Drugs +mj+ freak injuryes destroyed his career

Talking bout physical gifts.

he never cared for rebounding :p

MJ-BULLS
01-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Blake Griffin can be as good as he wants to be. It really all depends on his work ethic.
He is one hell of a good player.

he has good ball handles for a power forward, he can run the floor on a fast break really well. And is very quick. if he can keep working on his game he can definitely be the best power forward in the NBA real soon.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 02:06 PM
He also gained valuable experience from being around NBA players and sitting on the sideline and learning for a full year before his "rookie" season. So there's really no point there.

no doubt. My point was, he is FAR more physically ready than a 180 lb KG was

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 02:07 PM
[/B]
Orlando Woolridge , before Drugs +mj+ freak injuryes destroyed his career

Talking bout physical gifts.

he never cared for rebounding :p

oh man I know. Larry Nance, remember that guy? haha.

EYDI819
01-13-2011, 02:18 PM
his number 1 enemy is injury. look what happened to carter. people said he was the best there was then injury plague then everything went downhill from there. I'm hoping this does not happen to him.

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 02:27 PM
oh man I know. Larry Nance, remember that guy? haha.

I remember that TEAM. Price, Harper, Ehlo, nance, Daugherty, Hot rod williams, Ferry.(when traded for harper).....

I thought they would win multiple rings after Lake show was over.

clehmun
01-13-2011, 02:28 PM
yea i can only see injuries stopping him from being a great.
he got everything else.

John Walls Era
01-13-2011, 02:29 PM

You do realize the Lakers have been at least good for who knows how long. God will probably give them some low draft pick who turns into a megastar.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I remember that TEAM. Price, Harper, Ehlo, nance, Daugherty, Hot rod williams, Ferry.(when traded for harper).....

I thought they would win multiple rings after Lake show was over.

I thought they would be really good, but the east had too much strength. Ehlo, haha, MJ's whipping boy.
Price annoyed the crap out of me.

Huntey
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I think next year he'll be 26pts 14 rbs 4ast per night and maybe 1 block. In his prime i have no reason to think he wouldn't get 30-15-5 a night. He has to want it though. He needs to hit 15-20% more of his free throws and it looks like he could be a nice 3-point shooter in the future.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
You do realize the Lakers have been at least good for who knows how long. God will probably give them some low draft pick who turns into a megastar.

or whomever the Charlotte Bobcats select will refuse to play for them, and they will have no choice but to trade that player to the Lakers for an aged Pau Gasol, only to see that player turn into a top player ever....

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
I thought they would be really good, but the east had too much strength. Ehlo, haha, MJ's whipping boy.
Price annoyed the crap out of me.

As a team they were much better constructed and had mor depth than the Bulls or Knicks and Celtspistosn were on their last legs.

I think if Price and Brad had never gotten injured they woudl ahve been able to take down Mj bosy at least once.

I think they shoudl ahve had Larry Brown instead of Fratello or wilkens to do so tough.

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 02:42 PM
or whomever the Charlotte Bobcats select will refuse to play for them, and they will have no choice but to trade that player to the Lakers for an aged Pau Gasol, only to see that player turn into a top player ever....

No need, it will be earlier.

The trade is Bynum ( if he manages to not get hurt in the rest of the season) for Dwight or Cp3 at seasons end.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 03:08 PM
No need, it will be earlier.

The trade is Bynum ( if he manages to not get hurt in the rest of the season) for Dwight or Cp3 at seasons end.

I could live with CP3, it would be over in 3 years with Kobe's agen and Paul's knees.
If they get Dwight, I may start following ballet

John Walls Era
01-13-2011, 03:09 PM

:laugh: probably

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 03:12 PM
:laugh: probably

do you ever imagine Vlade sitting in a dark Serbian gym giving workshops on how to flop, with a smoke dangling from his mouth, unshaven, disheveled, and looking like he needed to step over a passed out prostitute in some hotel room to get to the gym on time?

I do

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 03:32 PM
do you ever imagine Vlade sitting in a dark Serbian gym giving workshops on how to flop, with a smoke dangling from his mouth, unshaven, disheveled, and looking like he needed to step over a passed out prostitute in some hotel room to get to the gym on time?

I do

Nope but i can imagine Mike dunleavy showing him Bill Lambieers videos on the Subject when he arrived to L.A :p

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Nope but i can imagine Mike dunleavy showing him Bill Lambieers videos on the Subject when he arrived to L.A :p

we have covered this. I agree Laimbeer made it a huge part of the game, but Vlade fine tuned it, and made it sexy.

Mile High Champ
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Ohh how I love Bill Laimbeer. Nobody played like him, nobody..

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM

He made you want to punch his face, but he was good the bastard...

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
I wish Laimbeer could instill that into my Wolves.
"if he drives down the lane, hand him his kidney on a platter"

course now the pansy league doesn't allow that

xbrackattackx
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I wish Laimbeer could instill that into my Wolves.
"if he drives down the lane, hand him his kidney on a platter"

course now the pansy league doesn't allow that

ahh that was the good ole days in the league.

dtmagnet
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
He can be the best in the NBA for sure.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 08:00 PM

Bill Laimbeers Combat Basketball. The Most Epic Of Crappy Games In The History Of Epic Crappy Games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxlGP26_HlU&feature=related

Mr.ATLHawks
01-14-2011, 09:29 AM

Dennis Rodman, Ben Wallace, Kevin McHale...just to name a few

Mr.ATLHawks
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Bill Laimbeers Combat Basketball. The Most Epic Of Crappy Games In The History Of Epic Crappy Games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxlGP26_HlU&feature=related

Shaq Fu should get a mention here..

Bravo95
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
He could concievably be the best player in the NBA in a couple years. He has the skill set, work ethic and demeanor.
Agreed. If he stays healthy, the only questions will be the kind of talent will they surround him with and who coaches him once he hits his prime.

PrettyBoyJ
01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Guy is crazy good.. if he keeps working on his game I can see him being one of the best players in the game

eso
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Shawn Kemp pre Drugs and food...... times 5..
This kid WILL be the best player (mark that most dominent player) in the league in 2 years time..... ill put any bet on that

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2011, 11:45 AM
He is a bad man. I hope he gives Clipper fans a reason to be proud. They have been loyal throughout the years. They deserve a lot better

MiamiWadeCounty
01-14-2011, 11:52 AM
to the OP, pretty good

SeoulBeatz
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
He could be the best PF in the league, especially with Dirk, Duncan, Pau entering their twilight in the next few years, Blake will just be getting into his prime and he's putting up HOF comparable numbers in his ROOKIE season.

what a beast.

kylem4711
01-14-2011, 03:13 PM
blake will be as good as his knees allow him to be

canigetawitness
01-14-2011, 03:59 PM
He's definitely off the charts. He needs to hone that jumper and develop a legit back-to-the-basket game to truly become unstoppable. He's 3/4 the way there already.

Tony_Starks
01-14-2011, 09:26 PM
A legit 15 footer and he will be damn near unstoppable. But he has the type of game that is magnetic to injury. He'll have to tone it down some to be able to endure.....

ragee
01-14-2011, 10:09 PM
also older and farther along in development. But yes, he was the last rookie to make the all star team (it helped he came onto a stacked team from day 1 to get those wins, something Blake isn't getting in comparison)

Duncan may be older but i don't know if you can say Timmy was farther along in development because didn't he start playing basketball very late in his high school years? The Spurs were the lucky ones... Robinson and Elliot getting injured for most of the season resulting to an awful record and the firing of their head coach.... A bad thing? That was probably the best thing that ever happened to them because that led to a first overall pick named Tim Duncan and a head coach named Greg Popovich... How sweet was that? :D

faze38
01-14-2011, 10:32 PM
He might be the player that turn that clipper franchise around if he works hard he can be the best PF of all-time

Ezio
01-14-2011, 10:59 PM
I hope he stays healthy. If so he can in the voting for MVP for many years to come, only if the Clips can build around him.

mzgrizz
01-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Scary good

cargobox
01-15-2011, 03:53 AM
I hate the fact that everyone already said he was a bust and Greg Oden 2.0.... SMH

sp1derm00
01-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Griffin would be amazing playing with a great point guard... someone like Nash.

JAHRONMON
01-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Honestly i think he is fine where he is at, i wouldnt build a team around him i like his role the way he is now. i would pair him with a superstar but this whole if he develops a jumper well if i were his coach i wouldnt want him taking jumpers it would lower his rebounding stats and he gets to the basket just as good as any power forword i would want to lose that i see him being a scottie pippen type you know SECOND WHEEL but top 10 in the leauge.

MackShock
01-15-2011, 05:32 AM
just 25 straight double doubles good. as a rookie. dunk contest good....#1 overall good....

alencp3
01-15-2011, 05:45 AM
22/13 this year so far he will get maybe to 24/13 till the end of the season
Next season 25/14 is easily reachable

28/15 is possible at his peak

MackShock
01-15-2011, 06:06 AM
22/13 this year so far he will get maybe to 24/13 till the end of the season
Next season 25/14 is easily reachable

28/15 is possible at his peak

His rebounding numbers are a little bloated because Kaman is injured. So..27 and 12 maybe in a couple years. Assuming Kaman is still on the team.