PDA

View Full Version : Players that are surprising you this season!

xbrackattackx
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I got...

Kris Humphries-Almost Averaging a Double-Double this year and still young.

Shannon Brown-Got way more efficient,Seems his BBALL IQ has improved some,Confidence has grown and doesn't chuck as much.

Dampier-Dude is taking up room in the paint and playing pretty good D.

Monta Ellis-Dude has been balling and seems to have matured and not just Ball hogging.

Gary Neal-Great Youth for Spurs.

Who you got?

DoMeFavors
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
My man Kris Humphries ever since Kim Kardashian and him started dating he has been on fire.
Nick Young has been really good this year, probably going to get some big money in the off season.
Wilson Chandler has been really good.
Blake Griffin didnt expect him to be this good.

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
James jones - really stepped up had a couple 20 pt games for us off the bench and has been playing great team d leading the team in charges. solid role player for us.

Kris Humphries - rebounding really well and i had no idea about him prior to this year.

Dorell Wright - hes been great for GS and been showing his potential finally!!

JJ hickson - not for any good reason he was near untouchable last season for the cavs but hasnt done anything now that lebrons not there to hand feed him baskets.

oh ya Nick young!! 40 point game yesterday and hes had a couple good games against the HEAT the kid is a good scorer.

asandhu23
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Dorell Wright. I never expected him to be this good

lkingratedr
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
hands down the chandlers LOL

tyson and wilson

tyson been getting double doubles @ will and his defense has be great this year and wilson chandler is finally living up to standards and in some cases surpassing them

Dee_Edge
01-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Nick Young - if Gilbert didn't leave, we would have never known...
Rudy Gay - #1 fantasy player right now, above even LeBron!
Dorell Wright - Dude has been lights out!
Derrick Rose - MONSTER YEAR SO FAR!

Swashcuff
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Blake Griffin-expected him to be good but not this good)
Michael Beasley-same as Blake)
Kevin Love-no one called these numbers for him)
Dorell Wright-has been able to keep his %s steady)

Evan Turner-thought he would have been much better)
Brook Lopez-thought he would have stepped his game up especially on D and on the glass guess I was way wrong)
Andre Iguodala- have gotten to accustomed to seeing him on the floor healthy now that he's not its a bit surprising.

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Kevin Love for me... Man is playing out his mind... Same with beasley

Y2JOrdan
01-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Kevin Love for me... Man is playing out his mind... Same with beasley

:clap: this

NJ Raven
01-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Brook Lopez. I havent given up on him but his play hasn't been to the standard of his first two seasons.

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
I may be the only Bulls fan who thinks this, but we should have kept Shannon Brown around...

NYKNYGNYY
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
beasley, love, felton

FaM0us Skins
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Dorell Wright

dwadefan03
01-12-2011, 06:13 PM
kevin love

mttwlsn16
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Blake Griffin-way better than I ever couldve imagined
Tyreke Evans-big sophmore slump
Landry Fields-steal of the draft
Michael Beasley-became beastly
Im sure there are other but ill leave it at 4

mttwlsn16
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I may be the only Bulls fan who thinks this, but we should have kept Shannon Brown around...

did you let him walk as a FA or did you trade him-and if so for who

Tony_Starks
01-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Felton- I always thought he was very ordinary. He's legit

Baron Davis- I didn't know he had completely lost his heart.

Al Jefferson- wasn't really sure he could be effective with more limited attempts and the offense not going through him.

B-Easy- seemed to be a career underachiever. Proving lots of folks wrong.....

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
did you let him walk as a FA or did you trade him-and if so for who

I'm not sure... I think he came up through the D league and got traded to us, then hit a few more teams before finally settling at the Lakers. He didnt' spend much time on our team though

someone who knows more about this can elaborate, I hope.

AccUrSeD
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Wesley Matthews

Y2JOrdan
01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Danny granger :confused: what happen to him this year?

Giraffes Rule
01-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Gary Neal: Dude comes out of nowhere and has ice in his veins. Has a very fast jumper that's deadly from 3 or mid-range and has the ability to drop a floater in for 2 every once in a while too.

Shannon Brown: He's shooting his highest 3-point percentage of his career, almost a full 10% higher than last, shooting 92% from the line, and is a steady contributor from the bench.

Amare: While I wasn't expect a huge regression after leaving Nash and the Suns, I definitely didn't think he'd be playing at such a high level.

The Dream
01-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Landry Fields

im in <3

:)

arkanian215
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Nene - hands down beast. should really be an all star
Al Horford - low upside? nah. still improving steadily.
Hump - wanted him to opt out. i'm glad he didn't
Landry Fields - who? that was my thought of him during the draft.
Blake Griffin - I expected him to be a relatively raw player who rebounded well. I didn't expect 20 10's.
John Wall - I had no idea he had knee issues
Brook Lopez - regression isn't what I expected
Gallo - Didn't expect him to go to the line 5.5 times a game.
Mike Conley - didn't expect him to get an extension
Wes Matthews - More than serviceable. not bad for an undrafted
Evan Turner - he was supposedly one of the more polished players coming into the league
Elton Brand - resurgence

DwayneMVPwade
01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Wilson Chandler
Dorell Wright
Felton
Kevin Love
Wes Matthews
Demar Derozan

ChiSox219
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Chris Paul - He was not the same last year and word was his injury was career altering.

Kris Humpries - Saw him against the Bulls the other night and he was an animal

Blake Griffin - I don't watch much college ball so I had no idea he'd be so explosive.

Tony_Starks
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Blake Griffin - I expected him to be a relatively raw player who rebounded well. I didn't expect 20 10's.
Brook Lopez - regression isn't what I expectedGallo - Didn't expect him to go to the line 5.5 times a game.
Evan Turner - he was supposedly one of the more polished players coming into the league
Elton Brand - resurgence

I forgot about Lopez. He's looking incredibly soft these days....

Kashmir13579
01-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Homer pick: Felton, i hope we give him an extension. He plays with a toughness that is hard to put into words. he doesn't do anything great, but he does everything above average. If the game is on the line Felton thrives; and you can tell he enjoys it. Now that he's getting some more face-time i think he'll start to get more recognition.

secondly, Blake Griffen, we all knew he was good; but somehow his current level of play still surprises me. i really hope the Clippers put some quality talent around him so we can watch him tear it up in the playoffs. its gonna be great!

dtmagnet
01-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Probably Felton, I thought he was just a below average point guard but he's been very good.

Gators123
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Blake
Amare
Love

thekmp211
01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Brook Lopez - regression isn't what I expected
Gallo - Didn't expect him to go to the line 5.5 times a game.
Elton Brand - resurgence

this is a good list. add kevin love's absolute dominance and im sold.

tdunk21
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Darko milicic
gary neal
wilson chandler
nick young

BRADfromOZ
01-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Dorell Wright, Raymond Felton, Demar DeRozen.

Niro
01-12-2011, 08:02 PM
kevin love, dorell wright (never expected him to be this good when we signed him), michael beasley, blake griffin, fields,matthews

blastmasta26
01-12-2011, 08:14 PM
On my Knicks:
-Raymond Felton - I expected him to do better than in Charlotte, but thought he would just be a stopgap PG while we explored other options. But he's been very good, great at times, and is looking like a legit long-term player for us.
-Landry Fields - When we picked him, I was upset that we didn't pick up a big and the fact that he wasn't said to be in the top 100 prospects. But he's the second best player from the class right now.
-Amar'e Stoudemire - Without Nash, I thought his numbers would be around the same, maybe drop off a little. However, he's taken over as a leader and has garnered MVP consideration.
-Wilson Chandler - Having a breakout season. His play combined with the team record is a reason the Knicks haven't went all out for Melo yet.

Rest of the league:
-Blake Griffin - Absolute monster. Never thought he was gonna play at this high of a level so quickly.
-Michael Beasley - Thought he would improve in Minny, but he's made huge leap and proving his number 2 overall pick.

heattiltheend94
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Wesley Mathews? Dude will be the MIP. Besides him I have Griffin, and Felton. I thought Love and Beasley were going to be good (I though Love would be around 13 reb, but I was still pretty close)

Chi StateOfMind
01-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Kevin Love-Blake Griffin-Raymond Felton-Amare-Rose

THE WALL
01-12-2011, 08:39 PM
D. Wright, Beasley, Nick Young, Love, Felton, T. Chandler & W. Chandler

COOLbeans
01-12-2011, 09:03 PM
D. Wright, Beasley, Nick Young, Love, Felton, T. Chandler & W. Chandler

I agree with this list, though I think Love's dominance is overwhelming. I would also add Landry Fields

The Dream
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
There's a Knick in EVERY POST!

Wilson Chandler
Landry Fields
Amar'e
Ray Ray
Gallo

All mentioned lol

i'd say shawne wiliams was a big surprise too

What a season..

jasonbird
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I got...

Kris Humphries-Almost Averaging a Double-Double this year and still young.

Shannon Brown-Got way more efficient,Seems his BBALL IQ has improved some,Confidence has grown and doesn't chuck as much.

Dampier-Dude is taking up room in the paint and playing pretty good D.

Monta Ellis-Dude has been balling and seems to have matured and not just Ball hogging.

Gary Neal-Great Youth for Spurs.

Who you got?

Gary Neal is my choice...
You know,no one knows the guy in SA,now he plays like a all-star

xbrackattackx
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
There are some great list in here. I though Love and Beasley would be good but they are better then I expected. Also I like what I see out of Sasha in NJ!

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 05:05 AM
BONNER! It's great to see his one trick poniness pay off with The Spurs.

BONNER! BONNER! BONNER!

The_Mac22
01-13-2011, 05:59 AM
Dorell Wright. :drool:

DitchDat
01-13-2011, 06:03 AM
Well, NOT Corey Maggette

Bravo95
01-13-2011, 07:38 AM
I thought Jamal Crawford might get lazy or be a distraction after not getting his contract extension but he hasn't let it affect his game and the Hawks are quietly tied for 3rd in the East.

el_primo_nano
01-13-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm shocked Landry Fields is this good.
I didnt think Blake Griifin would be this good.
Im surprised Brook Lopez isnt having as good a year as last year
I didnt think Amare would have as big an impact on the Knicks as he is now (along with Felton)

HOZ THE KNICK
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
raymond felton to me and i watched a lot of bobcats games and some nights i say to myself is this the same person that charlotte didn't offer a contract to?

xbrackattackx
01-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I thought Jamal Crawford might get lazy or be a distraction after not getting his contract extension but he hasn't let it affect his game and the Hawks are quietly tied for 3rd in the East.

Yes for sho! I think he is also shooting his best percentage of his career this season. I love me some Crawford.

mike_noodles
01-13-2011, 12:12 PM
I will admit that I didn't expect Blake Griffin or Kevin Love to be as good as they have been this year, these guys are the future of big men in the NBA.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
I love that Fields kid in New York...not often do you see a rookie that thinks the game so well. He reminds me of a young Shane Battier or Tayshaun prince. The kind of glue guy every good team needs. it would be a shame if they gave him up just to get Melo and really not worth it.

I'm also suprised by the progression made by LaMarcus Aldridge...he has really put the Blazers on his back. I know Matthews has been a big factor, but with Roy out LaMarcus is Portlands go to guy and he is really dominant at times.

I'm also suprised how fast Orlando has gelled after that big trade. It's obvious that Hedo's game is an integral part of their success. Also I'm suprised Gilbert Arenas is coming off the bench, but it does make sense for him to be a Vinnie Johnson/Jason Terry-like scorer off the bench.

RedRicanoBx
01-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Wilson Chandler is balling !!

&

Humphries he was a joke before now u have to respect his game

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
surprised at how horrible Flynn has looked. I never thought he was good, but I wasn't expecting to see him be the worst player on the floor at all times.

D-Leethal
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Landry Fields, Wilson Chandler, Kevin Love (Cmon 20-15 with a 3 point shot!?!), Spurs as a team surprise me with their new running style and effectiveness with TD a 13-7 player, Hedo as a Magic

pebloemer
01-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Positive: Matthews, DeAndre Jordan
Negative: Mayo

Just a few quick ones that come to mind.

smith&wesson
01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
andrea bargnani

21.7 ppg at a + 17.78 effeciency rating

who would have thought ?

John Walls Era
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
TBH only Griffin. I knew Love would be a top 3 rebounder (maybe not as good as this...), but Griffin has been killing it. The only thing I want to see him improve is his jumper and post game (faces up too much and doesn't have a jumpers so resorts to driving... which tires you out).

Sadds The Gr8
01-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Griffin, Love, Felton.

iliketurtles24
01-13-2011, 02:51 PM
like everyone else has been saying, the usuals, but i think darko is playing better than expected, he is nowhere near his draft pick statues, but is a suprize

BluejaysFan08
01-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Humphries is the man, wish he never left Toronto.

GreatMustachio1
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Gerald Henderson has stepped up for the Catzz along with Kwame Brown

lvlheaded
01-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Pretty much every Knick that has gotten extended playing time this season except Toney Douglas has surpassed my expectations.

Griffin-Love-Beasley as well

KingPosey
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Blake Griffin-way better than I ever couldve imagined
Tyreke Evans-big sophmore slump
Landry Fields-steal of the draft
Michael Beasley-became beastly
Im sure there are other but ill leave it at 4
Im a Sac fan and totally agree. But he has been playing with big time foot problems. Which isnt good for a guy who's whole game is predicated on getting to the rim. Especially when his jump shot is, well, "a work in progress..."

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-13-2011, 03:37 PM
im a little shocked at all the people suprised with Felton. dude is a straight up nuisance for opposing teams. Bobcats have been giving the C's a ton of trouble over the past 2 years, mainly because of Felton IMO...

But my pick for most surprising is Fields. dude is waaaay more dangerous that i anticipated.