PDA

View Full Version : Could the Knicks be tampering with Carmelo?

Ty Fast
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Wile the Nets are pursuing Carmelo they are aloud to talk to him about a contract extension. Also when the Celtics were trading for Garnett they were aloud to talk to him before a deal happened to see if he would sign an extension. So you would think that since New York was in talks with Denver about Carmelo that they would be able to talk to him about a contract extension, but what are they really talking about.

I personally think that Carmelo will hit the open market and sign with the Knicks. I then think that New York will try to package some of their young assets like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari, and Wilson Chandler along with Raymond Felton for another superstar like Chris Paul or Steve Nash. If you remember CP3 said he wants to develop his own big 3 in New York with Carmelo.

Now am I just being paranoid or am I on to something?

jetsfan28
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't even think the Knicks got permission to talk to him, nor do they need it since they know he'll sign with them if they trade for him. And considering there's absolutely no evidence to suggest they are, and he wanted to go to the Knicks before ANYONE got permission to speak with him, you're being paranoid to say the very least.

redsox0717
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I really don't know what you're trying to say, but either New York or New Jersey can do an extend and trade. The problem is that Melo doesn't want to play in NJ at all, and the Knicks are hesitant to give so much up when he will in all likelihood be a FA at the end of the year because he doesn't want to play for the Nets.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
not more than Miami with their three little boys.

faze38
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I think the only person from the Knicks organization who has been contacting Melo is Amare which is not tampering by league rules!

MSU4life
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Id take
CP3
Chandler
Melo
STAT
Turriaf
over
Arryo
Dwade
James
Bosh
Dampier

sintaks12
01-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I think the only person from the Knicks organization who has been contacting Melo is Amare which is not tampering by league rules!

This.

Giaps
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Eh, maybe Amar'e is but they're friends so you can't regulate this stuff. Happens all the time.

dtmagnet
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Every team probably tampers in the NBA at sometime or another.

BklynKnicks3
01-12-2011, 05:09 PM
how do u think big 3 was formed

iggypop123
01-12-2011, 05:12 PM
tampering is allowed as long as its not the executves or gm talkign to melo. amare can do what the heat did and just use wade to talk to the players. its easy to avoid being caught because its hell trying to prove it.

commonsense12
01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
LOL your a Miami heat fan and you have a problem with tampering? But to answer your question NO players are allowed to talk with each other. So Amare talking with Melo is no different then Wade talking and courting Lebron and Bosh. It prob happens all the time but we just dont hear about it.

oak2455
01-12-2011, 05:17 PM

I think this is what everybody is thinking:D

joeboow90
01-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I hope so..they need to be talking to him, telling him to wait for Free Agency when the knicks can give him max money and he could come to an already potent team. If he waits till Free Agency the knicks can make a trade for a legit Center with Curry's contract and other pieces, Re-sign Chandler and sign Melo as a FA. that would be the best plan moving forward

BigBlueCrew
01-12-2011, 05:24 PM
if Carmelo signs via free agency over the summer with the Knicks, im willing to bet anything the minute after the ink dries there is going to be a tampering/collusion charge filed in David Stern's office.

faze38
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
The more and more I hear Heat and Bulls fans talking about Melo going to NY! The more i realize that they seem to be scared at the fact that if Melo joins the Knicks we are going to be a problem!

So now I have to ask am I on to something?

llemon
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Of course they are.

When Kidd was a Net, he suggested that he's like to team up again with McDyess.

Kidd got a warning from Stern.

But Stern will let this go, as he is a Knick fan.

Halopower31
01-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Wile the Nets are pursuing Carmelo they are aloud to talk to him about a contract extension. Also when the Celtics were trading for Garnett they were aloud to talk to him before a deal happened to see if he would sign an extension. So you would think that since New York was in talks with Denver about Carmelo that they would be able to talk to him about a contract extension, but what are they really talking about.

I personally think that Carmelo will hit the open market and sign with the Knicks. I then think that New York will try to package some of their young assets like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari, and Wilson Chandler along with Raymond Felton for another superstar like Chris Paul or Steve Nash. If you remember CP3 said he wants to develop his own big 3 in New York with Carmelo.

Now am I just being paranoid or am I on to something?

Hahahaha thats what i was thinking!!!! knicks just tell Amare to tell Melo to stay put in Denver or go to New Jersey but not to sign an extension. The Knicks then try to aquire Nash since the Hornets are a better team then the Suns and give their trade chips to the Suns. So then its less of a trade then for Melo. You end up with Nash,Melo, and Amare on the Garden floor!! That would be the reuniting i would love to see and all those assists!!!

BigBlueCrew
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
But Stern will let this go, as he is a Knick fan.

I keep hearing from other fans that David Stern is a Knick fan

If he is he has got to be one of the worst fans in the history of fandom even worse than steve bartman.

llemon
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Hahahaha thats what i was thinking!!!! knicks just tell Amare to tell Melo to stay put in Denver or go to New Jersey but not to sign an extension. The Knicks then try to aquire Nash since the Hornets are a better team then the Suns and give their trade chips to the Suns. So then its less of a trade then for Melo. You end up with Nash,Melo, and Amare on the Garden floor!! That would be the reuniting i would love to see and all those assists!!!

If Knicks give up their trade chips for Nash (Curry's contract), how do they get 'Melo?

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Id take
CP3
Chandler
Melo
STAT
Turriaf
over
Arryo
Dwade
James
Bosh
Dampier

Good for you. So would I, doesn't mean its happening.

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Its not tampering when you're allowed by the commish. Probably gave them permission as we know Stern loves the Knicks.

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 05:57 PM
LOL your a Miami heat fan and you have a problem with tampering? But to answer your question NO players are allowed to talk with each other. So Amare talking with Melo is no different then Wade talking and courting Lebron and Bosh. It prob happens all the time but we just dont hear about it.

So its no different yet we were tampering but when its the knicks with melo its all of a sudden not called tampering just friends talking. OKAY! :facepalm:

WAYNEBO
01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
:mad: Look... The Heat was obvious cohorting... how do you explain the Heatles coming together (nice reference!), contingent on the other promising to sign??? All 3 of them were being courted by other teams, so in order for the merge to happen, they all had to have agreed together on the plan.

Melo is a different story. It's just him potentially coming to New York. He and his wife are fricken from NYC, he went to college at the 'Cuse. Has anybody thought maybe he just had them targeted the whole time??? How different is this from when Hack-a-Shaq chased additional rings in Miami then Cleaveland then Boston??

Unlike LeChoke who had countless Cleaveland roster changes to his amusement, Melo has not seen any significant 'win now' moves to compel him to stay. Just kills me when a man has to make a decision for himself and his family, and everyone is judging him. Melo has done his time in purgatory.. played out his contract. He has the RIGHT to refuse a resign and become a FA to whomever he choses. Period.

blueplanet
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM
:facepalm:
Gasol and Miami Heat and LeBron. That's all you talk about man?

Tony_Starks
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I thought from all reports that Denver isn't interested in any players that the Knicks are offering. Is that not true?

el_primo_nano
01-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Its not tampering if fellow players call one another. Melo was the first one to bring up the idea of playing in NY, not the other way around..

DenButsu
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Amare definitely is, but since it's beyond the scope of what the league "officially" recognizes as tampering, nothing will be done about it.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 11:45 PM
:facepalm:
Gasol and Miami Heat and LeBron. That's all you talk about man?

I talk bout a ton of things.

Like Racoons that eat penis.

magichatnumber9
01-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Melo is just making sure he can contribute to downfall of the NBA. This whole picking teams bull crap is making the NBA turn back into a **** league.

commonsense12
01-12-2011, 11:51 PM
So its no different yet we were tampering but when its the knicks with melo its all of a sudden not called tampering just friends talking. OKAY! :facepalm:

No if you actually read what i wrote i said its not tampering for the Heat or Knicks. Learn to read.:facepalm::facepalm:

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Melo is just making sure he can contribute to downfall of the NBA. This whole picking teams bull crap is making the NBA turn back into a **** league.

How terrible, a worker deciding where they want to work and live and for how much they want to work.

I guess i should have stayed frying burguers at Mcdonalds where they "drafted" me at 16 and be loyal to them not go to law School and get another job that pays me 8 times more the money.

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2011, 12:03 AM
not tampering but i do think your on to something, if they get melo as a unrestricted FA, and melo doesnt care about denver enough to do sign and trade, nyk would have alot of parts to package for a star pg ie; chris paul

Evolution23
01-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Yea STAT and Melo are talking all the time... Thats what friends do. Thats what they did down in South Beach. It happens all the time and there is nothing the NBA can do about it.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Amare definitely is, but since it's beyond the scope of what the league "officially" recognizes as tampering, nothing will be done about it.

I feel really bad for you Den, that your superstar quits on your team like that.

But I'm guessing the Nuggs won't drop off much if they keep Chauncey and give JR Smith Melo's shots.

Ty Fast
01-13-2011, 06:36 PM
if Carmelo signs via free agency over the summer with the Knicks, im willing to bet anything the minute after the ink dries there is going to be a tampering/collusion charge filed in David Stern's office.

stern is probably in on it though. look at the patrick ewing draft lottery.

SteBO
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
The Knicks could be tampering, bt reality is that tampering occurs all the time. The key is not getting caught.

Ty Fast
01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
If Knicks give up their trade chips for Nash (Curry's contract), how do they get 'Melo?

he would sign there cuz he is a free agent and then in the off season pursue nash or cp3.

BigBlueCrew
01-13-2011, 06:47 PM
stern is probably in on it though. look at the patrick ewing draft lottery.

Are you talking about that ridiculous youtube video?

Like I stated in an earlier post if he was really a fan he should have let a lot of other things go. I doubt he is a knick fan.

1997 Game 5 I wanted to punch P.J. Brown in his ugly face -- look at that, if you care to.

jmtapia
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Tampering rules are a joke now a days.

DenButsu
01-14-2011, 04:28 AM
I feel really bad for you Den, that your superstar quits on your team like that.

But I'm guessing the Nuggs won't drop off much if they keep Chauncey and give JR Smith Melo's shots.

I'm not too worried about it anymore. I'm ready for him to be gone. And I still think he'll settle for the New Jersey deal rather than forsake that money. The Nuggs FO and Melo are playing chicken right now, but I think he'll blink first. And when he does, Leon Rose will be right there, whispering in his ear to sign on the dotted line with the Nets.

Bottom line is that if Melo's heart wasn't really in it, that probably negates our chances of winning a title with him anyhow, so it's time to turn the page.

sunsfan88
01-14-2011, 04:38 AM

Pretty soon the guy your sig will be demanding a trade to Atlanta or some other contending team that needs a guard.

Antipod
01-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Sure they are, but they are not braking any NBA rule )