PDA

View Full Version : Why the NBA is losing cred...

sep11ie
01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Ref-whistles-five-technicals-in-10-second?urn=nba-306621

knicks4life33
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
The new techs bye the refs is out of control but what ar eyou goin do

jiggin
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
its the refs, its the front office of the NBA, its the players acting like thugs, its the stacking of teams...

...the NBA is going down the tube in my opinion...but who cares as long as they make money and you get to see a cool dunk or two right?

GodsSon
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
I was just about to post this...what a complete ****ing joke

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Dont even get me started on this bs last night

Htownballa1622
01-12-2011, 04:48 PM
nba officiating has been bad this year all around.and for anyone who wants to be politically correct and say theyre human...not an excuse anymore especially when refs can greatly affect the outcome of a game.its all together making me disgusted to watch.i would give anything for them to let players play. Nba has become soft.

ldawg
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
This year the NBA has been a bit boring. I have bought the NBA pass for the past seven years but this is it. The better games come on cable anyway but i will still do a watch something better and watch espn in the morn. This thing is becoming a joke like WWF.

Htownballa1622
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Dont even get me started on this bs last night

Andi know exactly how you feel.its the spurs and wolves. Wolves play hard and hopefully have a bright future but as if sas. Needed anymore of an advantage.
:confused:
I hope things change in the postseason.

godolphins
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Ken Mauer is a veteran NBA referee known for his leadership skills, and though he's been known to wield a quick whistle, it isn't usually his modus operandi. Until Tuesday night, it seems.

Because that's when Mauer decided to go technical on everybody's tails. Minnesota Timberwolves tails, to be exact, as Mauer (co-incidentally, a St. Paul, Minnesota native and cousin of Minnesota Twins star Joe Mauer) whistled five technical fouls in ten seconds in his hometown team's loss to San Antonio on Tuesday night.

It's understandable that the NBA is trying to crack down on the sort of insta-reactions players give after a call that doesn't go their way, but nothing both Darko Milicic(notes), Corey Brewer(notes), and Kevin Love(notes) does here seems particularly egregious. Ejected Minnesota coach Kurt Rambis has been known to let his emotions get the best of him (he unloaded on rookie Wesley Johnson last week for an honest dribbling mistake late in a loss to Charlotte), so you can see why he might be tossed, but the three that were handed to the players?

A bit rash, no? Kevin Love thought so:

"I've never seen that before," said Wolves forward Kevin Love, who picked up the final technical of the spree. "Five in a row, that had to be a first. That was crazy."

With video: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Ref-whistles-five-technicals-in-10-second?urn=nba-306621

This is quite ridiculous

smith&wesson
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
the refs are getting worst every year.

Fnom11
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Ah yep

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
when is somebody gonna do the right thing and accuse some of these refs of being corrupt & crooked?

Fnom11
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
its the refs, its the front office of the NBA, its the players acting like thugs, its the stacking of teams...

...the NBA is going down the tube in my opinion...but who cares as long as they make money and you get to see a cool dunk or two right?

You can't be serious. Have you watched the nba before this season?

godolphins
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Five technicals really?
And I bet Stern is going to come out and say the ref acted in a appropriate manner

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
the refs ****ing suck my balls. i hate this ****.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I was obviously watching the game. it was being horribly officiated to begin with. Obviously the Spurs sell fouls, we all know this. Nothing wrong with that. But when you see Manu and Darko running for a loose ball, and Manu not even looking at the ball, and instead just throwing his body at Darko so he can bounce off and get the call (which he of course gets, he is a vet on the Spurs and Darko is a young Wolf), it starts to get under the skin of players and coachs. Love is getting hammered down low on rebounds, the Spurs are getting constant bs calls on ticky tack fouls 20 feet from the rim, while the Wolves have to be dry humped the entire way to the rim when they put the ball on the floor.
Rambis tries to stick up for his guys after another bad call, and gets a T. He then decided to yell obsenities.
Now, if that isn't enough, they then give a tech to both Brewer and Darko, and on the ensuing possession (Darko's caused the outburst but his T was justified), while the crowd is booing as loud as they can, Love gets hacked on the arm, and then given a technical when he says something.

Its ridiculous. Completey uncalled for. Literally 4 minutes later, Duncan steps under Beasley on a 3, puts him out of the game, and there is no foul called on the undercut.

These tech rules, and the officiating against the smaller teams, is getting way out of hand. I literally couldn't sleep last night I was so pissed off.

Giraffes Rule
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Since my post seems to have gotten lost:

The technical on Darko was 100% justified. He had been complaining the entire game and showing up the refs (You see how he ran along the baseline after that blocking foul where both his feet were off the ground? He did that the entire length of the court earlier in the game). The refs were trying to get control of the game. The technical on Brewer was also deserved. He'd been cussing and barking about calls the entire time. At one point you could clearly hear him yell "that's a ****ing foul" on the broadcast.

EDIT: @Hawkeye: You can't be serious. Love was getting away with using his off arm to push off the entire first half, and the Spurs bigs were getting fouls called on them every time Darko looked to go to the basket. It was a horribly officiated game all around, but it certainly wasn't as one sided as you would lead us to believe.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Five technicals really?
And I bet Stern is going to come out and say the ref acted in a appropriate manner

nah, they will rescind a couple of the techs like that makes any damn difference to the young Wolves who had to go thru that b.s. Still a loss, what is the difference?
:bang:

Sixerlover
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Terrible moves by the ref. He'll be getting a nasty call from Stern

carnage101
01-12-2011, 05:06 PM
its funny the other night andrew bynum was tossed for saying are you serious 3 or 4 times.... seriously the nba refs think they are drill Sargents . this isn't the military. sheesh, on a side note artest put his hand on someones neck and was kept in the game smh

Geargo Wallace
01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
the NBA is turning into a big soft marshmallow

asandhu23
01-12-2011, 05:12 PM
NBA is rigged.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-12-2011, 05:13 PM

What does that even mean? :confused:

KingPosey
01-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Ya, who doesnt know about how great referee Ken Mauer's leadership skills are? I have been discussing it with people and everytime his name is brought up, its followed by how well he is known for being a leader....

Bruno
01-12-2011, 05:22 PM
The refs are embarrassing themselves.

The players should not resign the new CBA until the league agrees to toss these new rules. Watching the players ***** and moan is annoying, but it's not as bad as what happened against the Wolves, which seems to be a regular thing now.

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 05:24 PM
IMO 4 were rightfully called; I'm gonna explain:

1) Darko Milicic's tech was spotty because it was given during the replay, so I don't have an angle on what happened or what was said. But I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt to Darko (reason: Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWqSmichOo)).

2) Corey Brewer didn't deserve it imo. He didn't overreact

3) Kurt Rambis deserved it (maybe not an instant ejection though). Clearly you can read his lips and he says "**** You" to the refs. He completely goes off on them. In that situation you have to keep your head cool regardless of how you feel about what just happened. Its better to nag, whine and complain [and receive 1 tech] rather than to yell at the refs, piss them off and get ejected.

4) Can't swing your arms Love.

IMO this is getting out of control, but the rules have been stated at the beginning of the year.

KingPosey
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
the refs are getting worst every year.

some guy told me that the refs were getting worster every year. I said no way, they are definitely getting worst every year. In fact, i predicted in 2 years, they will be getting worstest every year.

sep11ie
01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Yea, the rules were set, but they are very one sided. Small market/non playoff teams/non superstars are getting abused out there by the refs. The NBA is just getting out of control(more and more so every year).

sep11ie
01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I know you hated this Hawk...

Giraffes Rule
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
IMO 4 were rightfully called; I'm gonna explain:

1) Darko Milicic's tech was spotty because it was given during the replay, so I don't have an angle on what happened or what was said. But I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt to Darko (reason: Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWqSmichOo)).

2) Corey Brewer didn't deserve it imo. He didn't overreact

3) Kurt Rambis deserved it (maybe not an instant ejection though). Clearly you can read his lips and he says "**** You" to the refs. He completely goes off on them. In that situation you have to keep your head cool regardless of how you feel about what just happened. Its better to nag, whine and complain [and receive 1 tech] rather than to yell at the refs, piss them off and get ejected.

4) Can't swing your arms Love.

IMO this is getting out of control, but the rules have been stated at the beginning of the year.
Rambis, as far as I can tell, didn't say "**** you" until he got the first technical. While the first one was questionable, you can't say **** you to the refs and expect to not get thrown out.

Darko got a technical for motioning like he was going to punch the ball into the stands. It was mostly a culmination of how demonstrative he had been the entire game. Running the full length of the court while laughing at a call you don't agree with is going to make the refs keep a closer eye on you.

handle
01-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Referees think the game is about them and really enjoy being on TV. Time to bring in android refs.

Htownballa1622
01-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Yea, the rules were set, but they are very one sided. Small market/non playoff teams/non superstars are getting abused out there by the refs. The NBA is just getting out of control(more and more so every year).

This, this, THIS!

NYKNYGNYY
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
thatssssssss a technicallll foullll

Htownballa1622
01-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Oh and btw.the spurs are good at under cutting someone shooting.
Beasly and manu doing it to aaron brooks

joeboow90
01-12-2011, 05:44 PM
This new tech rule is really horrible the NBA needs to get rid of this after this season. hopefully they will wake up and realize this isn't good for the game but that probably has a 0% chance of happening. these refs are crooked too i bet they're getting paid on the side on some nights on some tim donaghy type ****

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
I know you hated this Hawk...

I slept for like 3 hrs dude. I was infuriated.

Y2JOrdan
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
the refs are delusional, especially that joey crawford guy lol

ShockerArt
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I was watching some of the Penguins-Capitals NHL series on HBO, and they had some footage of Cooke arguing with a ref. Cooke accused him of missing some calls. During a stoppage of play, the ref gave it back to him using some colorful language. But, neither guy got personal with it and the ref was mature enough to end the debate at the drop of the puck and no penalty was handed out. Now, if only the NBA (and MLB) could get their refs/umps to act with maturity and composure. I do think it is more difficult in the NBA because the players are such divas. But, if the refs would just ignore the players and use techs only as a last resort, I think it would be more beneficial than just calling techs for everything.

Dee_Edge
01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
...way to go Stern, happy now!

5 in 10 seconds WHAT A JOKE!!!!

sep11ie
01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
If the refs are gonna act like little sensative girls, they shoul make them ref the games in little ballerina outfits.

Dee_Edge
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Oh and btw.the spurs are good at under cutting someone shooting.
Beasly and manu doing it to aaron brooks

I'm still pissed at Manu for that one!

Zetterberg40
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
NBA is a joke because year in and year out there are only the same 5 teams that have a shot at winning the title and everyone else is just there to fill out the season. Already this season its going to be 1 of 4 teams that wins the title and all of them have won championship this decade I guess its good if your a fan of one of these teams but as a Utah fan I lost interest in the NBA a long time ago and we actually have a pretty solid team

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2011, 06:32 PM
that wasn't a blocking foul on darko. he beat RJ to the spot.

Giraffes Rule
01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
that wasn't a blocking foul on darko. he beat RJ to the spot.

No he didn't. You can see on the replay (that isn't shown in the clip) that both his feet are off the ground when the contact is initiated.

effen5
01-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Not shocked by this at all, ****in terrible. Refs have been terrible in general, like for instance with the Bulls in the beginning of the season and all the non foul calls on Rose but they would call ticky tack fouls for the other team, but this **** against the Wolves is just BEYOND ridiculous.

Wow the NBA has become trash.

Phenomenonsense
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM

The technical on Darko was 100% justified. He had been complaining the entire game and showing up the refs (You see how he ran along the baseline after that blocking foul where both his feet were off the ground? He did that the entire length of the court earlier in the game). The refs were trying to get control of the game. The technical on Brewer was also deserved. He'd been cussing and barking about calls the entire time. At one point you could clearly hear him yell "that's a ****ing foul" on the broadcast.

EDIT: @Hawkeye: You can't be serious. Love was getting away with using his off arm to push off the entire first half, and the Spurs bigs were getting fouls called on them every time Darko looked to go to the basket. It was a horribly officiated game all around, but it certainly wasn't as one sided as you would lead us to believe.

It wasn't a foul on Darko. Jefferson's shoulder was in Darko's stomach. Offensive foul. You can't lower your shoulder like that.

THE GIPPER
01-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Stern sucks when is he retiring? We need someone to come in and clean up his mess.

Atticus Finch
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
"Anyway, when you’ve been in combat in the jungles of Nam and fought hand-to-hand on Chicago playgrounds, a little hollering by high-paid hoopsters isn’t a big deal. Olesiak was so self-assured that he’d often go years without calling a technical foul. "Why do I need to call a lot of techs?" he asks. "It’s better for the game if I can talk to the player or coach. I don’t use techs as a weapon."

That’s a sentiment echoed by many of Olesiak’s peers. Ken Mauer, who’s entering his 25th season as an NBA referee, says finding resolution to a confrontation before it reaches the ‘technical’ stage is paramount. "If it’s something where I can say to the player before he overreacts, ‘Talk to me, c’mon, talk to me,’ now we’re talking," Mauer says at the NBA referees’ annual meeting in Jersey City, NJ, in mid-September. "I avoid an overreaction; therefore, it didn’t escalate."

- Ken Mauer's words published about a week before last night's game.

whitemamba33
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe i'm alone, but I don't have a problem with it.

Just shut up and play basketball.

Giraffes Rule
01-12-2011, 08:45 PM
It wasn't a foul on Darko. Jefferson's shoulder was in Darko's stomach. Offensive foul. You can't lower your shoulder like that.

Darko jumped right in front of him and his feet never even touched the ground, that's a blocking foul shoulder or no. Even if it wasn't (which it was) he still deserved a technical the way he was carrying on and showing up the officials.

evadatam5150
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Ref-whistles-five-technicals-in-10-second?urn=nba-306621

Because the refs are more important than the player, teams, and game itself.. I don't know how many of you go to games to watch the refs take over a game but I certainly don't.. I can understand T'ing up a way over the top reaction to a call but some of this has just gone way too far beyond the pale in my opinion..

el_primo_nano
01-12-2011, 11:27 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. Not surprised. Stern needs to go, he is an idiot

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 11:33 PM

if there is one thing the refs are consistent with, its not calling a damn thing when the ball is in the air, when Love does his physical damage.
Totally, the 3 shooting fouls awarded to Darko cancel out the Manu "Olympic Diver" foul draw on the loose ball against Darko, and the cut under by Duncan on Beas, and the 3 technicals that needed subjective decision making that Mauer didn't make, on top of the continuous fouls out top the Wolves were whistled for, versus the Wolves getting ridden like they were ponies on the drive.
It was one sided. Very. No doubt the Spurs know how to draw fouls, which is a part of the game. But calling touch fouls 20 feet away needs to go both ways, and you need to have some discretion calling a technical, regardless of the rule, when you just handed out 4 of them and booted their coach and Love just got slapped across the arm.
You and I obviously saw different games.

Giraffes Rule
01-12-2011, 11:44 PM
if there is one thing the refs are consistent with, its not calling a damn thing when the ball is in the air, when Love does his physical damage.
Totally, the 3 shooting fouls awarded to Darko cancel out the Manu "Olympic Diver" foul draw on the loose ball against Darko, and the cut under by Duncan on Beas, and the 3 technicals that needed subjective decision making that Mauer didn't make, on top of the continuous fouls out top the Wolves were whistled for, versus the Wolves getting ridden like they were ponies on the drive.
It was one sided. Very. No doubt the Spurs know how to draw fouls, which is a part of the game. But calling touch fouls 20 feet away needs to go both ways, and you need to have some discretion calling a technical, regardless of the rule, when you just handed out 4 of them and booted their coach and Love just got slapped across the arm.
You and I obviously saw different games.

Clearly, since you completely ignored how demonstrative Darko was the entire game, how vulgar Brewer was the entire game, and how your coach deserved to be thrown out. You honestly believe that it should be ok to tell the refs "**** you" after getting a technical? Really?

By the way, Spurs had 28 free throw attempts vs the Wolves 24 free throw attempts, which ended up accounting for a +2 advantage for the Spurs. That's sooooo one sided. Most bias officiating EVER! :rolleyes:

dstruong
01-12-2011, 11:47 PM
reefs are not getting worse, the quality of instant replay is getting better and showing their flaws.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Clearly, since you completely ignored how demonstrative Darko was the entire game, how vulgar Brewer was the entire game, and how your coach deserved to be thrown out. You honestly believe that it should be ok to tell the refs "**** you" after getting a technical? Really?

By the way, Spurs had 28 free throw attempts vs the Wolves 24 free throw attempts, which ended up accounting for a +2 advantage for the Spurs. That's sooooo one sided. Most bias officiating EVER! :rolleyes:

nope, agreed with all but 1 of Darko's fouls, and his first T (documented pages back), and Brewer is always like that, and NEVER faces the ref when clapping, and is known for that btw, hence why he has no T's.

Rambis did/did not deserve to get kicked out. If you are under the assumption that the 1st technical was valid, then yes, he deserved to get kicked out.
Brining up free throw attempts is arbitrary. Who cares? The Wolves were far more aggressive, while the Spurs lived on the perimeter. Captain Obvious could tell you which team will get more free throws (sans the refs).

If you are basing free throw attempts as your basis for the officiating, you are not thinking correctly. The very fact that the Spurs, who LIVED on the perimeter the entire game, shot only 2 free throws less than the interior shooting Wolves, isn't helping your argument.

Baller1
01-12-2011, 11:58 PM
So pathetic.

Giraffes Rule
01-13-2011, 12:00 AM
nope, agreed with all but 1 of Darko's fouls, and his first T (documented pages back), and Brewer is always like that, and NEVER faces the ref when clapping, and is known for that btw, hence why he has no T's.
But in a game that was already getting out of hand, where the players on that team were consistently being demonstrative in their complaining you have to eventually put an end to it. That's what the technical is there for, is it not?

Rambis did/did not deserve to get kicked out. If you are under the assumption that the 1st technical was valid, then yes, he deserved to get kicked out.
Whether he deserved the first technical or not is irrelevant (because we don't know what was said to the official to cause him to T Rambis up). We do know, from reading his lips after he received the technical that he said "**** you." That's not acceptable. That's a technical no matter what. On your second technical, you get thrown out, yes? Then he deserved to get thrown out. Not like it matters much anyways, Rambis is a crappy coach.

Brining up free throw attempts is arbitrary. Who cares? The Wolves were far more aggressive, while the Spurs lived on the perimeter. Captain Obvious could tell you which team will get more free throws (sans the refs).

If you are basing free throw attempts as your basis for the officiating, you are not thinking correctly. The very fact that the Spurs, who LIVED on the perimeter the entire game, shot only 2 free throws less than the interior shooting Wolves, isn't helping your argument.

:rolleyes: There were almost an equal amount of foul calls on both teams, and despite what you seem to think fouls count on the perimeter just as much as they don't in the paint. I guess when a team has dominated you for years it's hard to see things objectively.

Hellcrooner
01-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Money.

comertials.
Sport shoes.
Mofos Jumping over swimingpools to make a dunk in tv.
Stupid brainless kids beleiven everything that bspn sells them.

thats what is making the league lose credibility.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 12:07 AM
But in a game that was already getting out of hand, where the players on that team were consistently being demonstrative in their complaining you have to eventually put an end to it. That's what the technical is there for, is it not?

Whether he deserved the first technical or not is irrelevant (because we don't know what was said to the official to cause him to T Rambis up). We do know, from reading his lips after he received the technical that he said "**** you." That's not acceptable. That's a technical no matter what. On your second technical, you get thrown out, yes? Then he deserved to get thrown out. Not like it matters much anyways, Rambis is a crappy coach.

:rolleyes: There were almost an equal amount of foul calls on both teams, and despite what you seem to think fouls count on the perimeter just as much as they don't in the paint. I guess when a team has dominated you for years it's hard to see things objectively.

its fairly simple to assume a team that shoots their shots in the paint will, or should, get to the line at a higher rate.
As for the technicals, if you don't agree some discretion should have been used when they handed out 5, that is on you, whether you think they are valid or not. You just don't do that as a ref. Period. If that is what it takes to get control, you have failed both sides, so don't punish just one.

Roll your eyes. I saw a different game than you, one that gave one side calls 20 feet from the rim, not the other, and called an excessive amount of t's in a situation that could have been handled far better

Giraffes Rule
01-13-2011, 12:24 AM
its fairly simple to assume a team that shoots their shots in the paint will, or should, get to the line at a higher rate.
As for the technicals, if you don't agree some discretion should have been used when they handed out 5, that is on you, whether you think they are valid or not. You just don't do that as a ref. Period. If that is what it takes to get control, you have failed both sides, so don't punish just one.

Roll your eyes. I saw a different game than you, one that gave one side calls 20 feet from the rim, not the other, and called an excessive amount of t's in a situation that could have been handled far better

Maybe if Rambis would keep his team in line the refs wouldn't have had to take it into their own hands. The Spurs didn't need any monitoring or controlling, it was all on the Timberwolves. Love's came after the technicals on everyone else, so obviously he wasn't heeding the message that the rest of the technicals were meant to get across. He probably should have just called a technical on only Darko, rather than Darko and Brewer on the same play to get the point across. Rambis deserved his second, no doubt. The first none of use can say, but I don't think Mauer would have done it had Rambis not said something over the line.

Bottom line, I think you're being overly sensitive because the technicals hurt your team. You can't rationally say that a player that got away with showing up the refs for 2 and a half quarters didn't have enough slack (when really, at half time the coach should have gotten Darko to calm down and play smarter). You can't rationally say that a coach should be able to say "**** you" to a ref after receiving a technical, whether he deserved the first or not.

Kakaroach
01-13-2011, 12:34 AM
I saw this on SportsCenter, couldn't believe it actually happened. Thats an insanely trigger-happy ref.

Things better loosen up soon because its becoming ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Maybe if Rambis would keep his team in line the refs wouldn't have had to take it into their own hands. The Spurs didn't need any monitoring or controlling, it was all on the Timberwolves. Love's came after the technicals on everyone else, so obviously he wasn't heeding the message that the rest of the technicals were meant to get across. He probably should have just called a technical on only Darko, rather than Darko and Brewer on the same play to get the point across. Rambis deserved his second, no doubt. The first none of use can say, but I don't think Mauer would have done it had Rambis not said something over the line.

Bottom line, I think you're being overly sensitive because the technicals hurt your team. You can't rationally say that a player that got away with showing up the refs for 2 and a half quarters didn't have enough slack (when really, at half time the coach should have gotten Darko to calm down and play smarter). You can't rationally say that a coach should be able to say "**** you" to a ref after receiving a technical, whether he deserved the first or not.

bottom line: calling 5 technical fouls in 20 seconds is something the league should be embarrassed about, and aim to fix immediately.

Da Knicks
01-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Refs have being skrewing every game up, but the nba lost crediblility when Boston and the Lakers starting winning every other championship. ridiculous...

dave831
01-13-2011, 01:38 AM
To answer the original question with some #s...... NFL and MLB combined have 6 teams that have never been to the sb/ws. (Browns lions jaguars texans) (mariners, Nats/expos)
Whail the NBA alone has 7 teams that have never been to the finales (bobcats, raptors, grizzies, t-wolves, hornets, nuggets, clippers) the NBA also has 4 more teams that have only gone once and lost (capitals, cavs, mavs, pacers) and 4 more teams that are 0-2 in the finaels ( jazz, suns, magic nets) so that makes it 15 NBA tames have never won.....ever.

MLB champs 1980-2010 no ws in 94 due to the strike....phillies, dodgers, cards, orioles, tigers, royals, mets, twins, a's, reds, blue jays, braves, yanks, marlins, d-backs, angels, red sox, giants......
18 teams

NFL champs 1980-2010 steelers, raiders, 9ers, redskins, da bears, giants, cowboys, packers, broncos, rams, ravens, patriots, bucs, colts, saints........15 teams

NBA champs 1980-2010 yes that is 30 YEARS 30 f*cking years......
Only 8 different teams (bulls, 76ers, pistons, lakers, celtics, heat, spurs, rockets) and btw 28 of them Are won by 6 teams
Maybe Tim Donaghy was right?????

Htownballa1622
01-13-2011, 02:28 AM
To answer the original question with some #s...... NFL and MLB combined have 6 teams that have never been to the sb/ws. (Browns lions jaguars texans) (mariners, Nats/expos)
Whail the NBA alone has 7 teams that have never been to the finales (bobcats, raptors, grizzies, t-wolves, hornets, nuggets, clippers) the NBA also has 4 more teams that have only gone once and lost (capitals, cavs, mavs, pacers) and 4 more teams that are 0-2 in the finaels ( jazz, suns, magic nets) so that makes it 15 NBA tames have never won.....ever.

MLB champs 1980-2010 no ws in 94 due to the strike....phillies, dodgers, cards, orioles, tigers, royals, mets, twins, a's, reds, blue jays, braves, yanks, marlins, d-backs, angels, red sox, giants......
18 teams

NFL champs 1980-2010 steelers, raiders, 9ers, redskins, da bears, giants, cowboys, packers, broncos, rams, ravens, patriots, bucs, colts, saints........15 teams

NBA champs 1980-2010 yes that is 30 YEARS 30 f*cking years......
Only 8 different teams (bulls, 76ers, pistons, lakers, celtics, heat, spurs, rockets) and btw 28 of them Are won by 6 teams
Maybe Tim Donaghy was right?????
:clap:

DetroitRipCity
01-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Darko jumped right in front of him and his feet never even touched the ground, that's a blocking foul shoulder or no. Even if it wasn't (which it was) he still deserved a technical the way he was carrying on and showing up the officials.

Here is where I have the biggest issue. Showing up the officials. Last time I checked all those people in the stands and watching on tv showed up/tuned in to watch a basketball game not a referee expo. Referees should not be the ****ing focal point of a basketball game nor should they affect the outcome.

*Silver&Black*
01-13-2011, 02:56 AM
I guess the ref had money on the Spurs winning by an amount of points?

Dr. RPG
01-13-2011, 07:41 AM
You know what i would love to see.

I would love to see 1 game where every single player, coaching staff, fans getting really loud, etc. in 1 team and gang up on a ref that made a bad call. Just everybody on the team, maybe even the other team too, just all gang up on one ref.

I would love to see what happens then. Will the ref giving 2 Ts for all the players and coaches and disqualify the entire team and end the game? I bet otherwise, i bet these refs don't have the balls to do that.

Please make it happen XD

Foye
01-14-2011, 12:29 PM

So what you are trying to tell us is that you guys didn't get away with a lot of stuff that the Timberwolves aren't allowed to do?
I have seen about 3 really, really obvious travels in that game from San Antonio and none were called.
Just watch the Jefferson dunk after the Duncan outlet pass. That's like 5 steps instead of 2. The Timberwolves on the other hand got called for a lot of minor rule violations that weren't called on the other side of the court.

sep11ie
01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
reefs are not getting worse, the quality of instant replay is getting better and showing their flaws.

So they used instant replay on those techs?

hyb152
01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
The NBA lost its cred after game 6, 2002.

PrettyBoyJ
01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
yeah makes you think some of these refs are gambling throwing some of these games