PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade get's birthday party sponsor

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Following in the steps of his teammate LeBron; Dwyane Wade is getting $100K sponsor for his birthday party

Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade is pulling out all the stops for his birthday party on Sunday. According to the New York Post, Belvedere Intense Vodka "is paying more than $100,000" to sponsor the dinner and party.

The dinner is reportedly for 200 people at W Hotel and the after-party is at Mokai in South Beach.

Teammate LeBron James had his 26th birthday celebration two weeks ago and it included an enormous birthday cake.

The cake featured a crown on top and the letters "LJ" on the front.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/11/dwyane-wade-birthday-party-belvedere_n_807407.html

Can you believe this guy getting his party sponsor :laugh2:

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
so he's having only one birthday party? See, thats how it's done.

People like Wade, people don't like Lebron. Go figure

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
When Lebron got his party sponsor people here was bashing him from every angle but now when it's someone else nobody care's

beasted86
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
:confused:

This post makes no sense.

justinnum1
:sigh:

RZZZA
When Lebron got his party sponsor people here was bashing him from every angle but now when it's someone else nobody care's

not exactly analogous situations. Go back to that thread and read that article, there wasn't any mention of sponsors. It just said he was charging people to attend or something like that. And it also said he'd have mutiple parties.

and also, people like Wade, they don't like Lebron. go figure.

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
so he's having only one birthday party? See, thats how it's done.

People like Wade, people don't like Lebron. Go figure

But when people here was mainly bashing Lebron for getting his party sponsor saying he doesn't even need the money, this is showing that people will hate Lebron no matter what he does

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
not exactly analogous situations. Go back to that thread and read that article, there wasn't any mention of sponsors. It just said he was charging people to attend or something like that. And it also said he'd have mutiple parties.

and also, people like Wade, they don't like Lebron. go figure.

Yes there was and it was the main vocal point of that thread

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes there was and it was the main vocal point of that thread

IIRC the mention of sponsors didn't occur until later in that thread. In the OP, in the main article, that fact wasn't made clear.

It was a poorly written article that made what LJ was doing seem worse than it actually was.

if anyone has a link to that thread, post it, because I think I'm right. People were confused as hell as to why LJ was charging people for his party, it wasn't until later that it was clarified he was talking about sponsorship

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 03:31 PM
ya we know a majority of psd are a bunch of hypocrites. They love lebron and he can do no wrong one season then hate him the next. whats new

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Here's the thread where people was bashing Lebron:http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566339&highlight=Lebron+James+birthday

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
ahh, ok, I'm wrong. Sponsors were mentioned.

metsfanssince05
01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
can somebody sponser me for my bday in 2 weeks??? :p

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
IIRC the mention of sponsors didn't occur until later in that thread. In the OP, in the main article, that fact wasn't made clear.

It was a poorly written article that made what LJ was doing seem worse than it actually was.

if anyone has a link to that thread, post it, because I think I'm right. People were confused as hell as to why LJ was charging people for his party, it wasn't until later that it was clarified he was talking about sponsorship

Here's some notable posts in the first page:
Main post: Miami Heat's LeBron James is looking for sponsors for his 26th birthday party
Investment opportunities are available for between $10,000-$500,000

This article pretty much sums up why I hate Lebron James.

Im surprised he doesnt get Boys & Girls club to sponsor it lol

I think Lebron is a good player n all but this right here sums up why he will never been MJ. I don't remember MJ during the season talking botu give me 500 stacks and lets party. He doesn't care for the game and this is why the NBA is so horrible now because your best player cares more about partying and eating stripper snatch instead of getting rings. Kobe is the only one with the buring firr to win rings

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
But what's your point godolphins? If your point is that people hate lebron james and don;t hate wade when he does something similar, I agree with you. People hate james and don't hate wade, that's just the way it is.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Sponsors fo rbirthdays.......for gods sake we are all going to hell-

Teeboy1487
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Heat Forum?

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Sponsors fo rbirthdays.......for gods sake we are all going to hell-

see...? This is what happened in that LJ thread too, people just don't understand this type of thing easily and it looks bad.

It took a long time in that thread before it was explained to people how Lebron James is a product, and how it's a mutually beneficial business deal to sponsor his birthday party, and how it would benefit all these companies.

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:42 PM
But what's your point godolphins? If your point is that people hate lebron james and don;t hate wade when he does something similar, I agree with you. People hate james and don't hate wade, that's just the way it is.

My point is that people on here just want to bash Lebron for everything he does but when it's someone else doing the same thing there's no hatred whatsoever, i'm not saying that people should hate Wade I just used him as an example to create this thread.

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:43 PM
My point is that people on here just want to bash Lebron for everything he does but when it's someone else doing the same thing there's no hatred whatsoever, i'm not saying that people should hate Wade I just used him as an example to create this thread.

but the comparison starts off on uneven ground from the get-go, because Lebron is already disliked and Wade is already liked.

for what it's worth, I'm willing to admit that I was wrong to bash James in that thread, I was one of the peoplethat didn't understand the point of what he was doing right away either

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM
but the comparison starts off on uneven ground from the get-go, because Lebron is already disliked and Wade is already liked.

for what it's worth, I'm willing to admit that I was wrong to bash James in that thread, I was one of the peoplethat didn't understand the point of what he was doing right away either

But it start top get annoying when people bash him for every reason that's where it's start to cloud people judgement
People even hate on him for a tweet he posted a tweet!!

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:48 PM
It's time to close this thread now, it's not related to the NBA but I was just trying to get a point across :D

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Heat Forum?

this.

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:51 PM
But it start top get annoying when people bash him for every reason that's where it's start to cloud people judgement
People even hate on him for a tweet he posted a tweet!!

well I think its justified to criticize him for his tweet. Dude shows his immaturity and pettiness with that one.

He's already the best basketball player in the world, on the (currently and arguably) best team, he's a millionaire....and he can't stop himself from tweeting the night his former team, who he abandoned, get destroyed and embarrassed?

clearly a case where saying nothing would have been better

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:52 PM
this guy just never ceases to amaze you with stupidity..This is why players shouldn't come out of highschool no brains whatsoever

This is a post calling Lebron stupid for having sponsors for his party
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566339&highlight=Lebron+James+birthday&page=4

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
well I think its justified to criticize him for his tweet. Dude shows his immaturity and pettiness with that one.

He's already the best basketball player in the world, on the (currently and arguably) best team, he's a millionaire....and he can't stop himself from tweeting the night his former team, who he abandoned, get destroyed and embarrassed?

clearly a case where saying nothing would have been better

Why say nothing when the Cavs owner insulted him after going to another team

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
well, he should have directed his tweet specifically to the cavs owner then. He didn't.

knicks4life33
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
well wade isnt having 30 b day partys lol

godolphins
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
well, he should have directed his tweet specifically to the cavs owner then. He didn't.

How do you know that wasn't directed toward the owner, we don't even know for sure it was directed toward the Cavs

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
How do you know that wasn't directed toward the owner, we don't even know for sure it was directed toward the Cavs

Thats the problem, he was too vague and careless with his words. That way anybody could infer anything from his tweet.... People who're inclined to dislike him can infer that he was taunting the cav team and the cav fans, people who're inclined to defend Lebron can infer that he was targeting his tweet towards Dan Gilbert.

jiggin
01-12-2011, 04:50 PM
so stupid...

...can't wait till one of these three ends up in trouble in south beach and in the news...

...it will be that Karma LBJ was talking about.

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 05:22 PM
so stupid...

...can't wait till one of these three ends up in trouble in south beach and in the news...

...it will be that Karma LBJ was talking about.

:facepalm:

CHANGO
01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
So true! LMAO... Change the name, put Lebron James, and this is going to have millions of visitors. LLOL

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2011, 06:27 PM

it's because a lot of people do not like lebron. it's not hard to figure out.

HoopsDrive
There's like 2-3 posters who have said something bad about this and it wasn't even directed against Wade.

If this was LeBron though (we've all seen it already)? BOOM, instant gallon of HATERADE.

Hypocrites are all silent running right now.

godolphins
So true! LMAO... Change the name, put Lebron James, and this is going to have millions of visitors. LLOL
:laugh2: