PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports --> David Stern: Why he Doesn't like the Booing LeBron gets...

JordansBulls
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/david-stern-talks-lebron-james-contraction-tattoos-with-jason-whitlock-010611

When asked David Stern, among other things, about the fan reception of LeBron James this season. In particular, the boos.

David Stern: (Long sigh) "I donít like it. I think that itís theater. I donít think heís really viewed as a villain."

"I think people love to either love or boo the Yankees. You either loved or booed Kobe and the Lakers. People used to love or hate the old Celtics. I think it will morph into the Heat being one of our really elite teams. And people boo them come into town to beat up on the hometown team."

"I donít mind it if heís booed in the context of the dominant team heís playing for. I think that Iím not sure people know exactly what theyíre booing. Are they booing because he left Cleveland? Certainly theyíre doing that in Cleveland. Are they booing him because it took 18 minutes for "The Decision" to say where he was going? Yeah, probably. And that will fade, and then theyíll boo him because heís a member of the high-performing Miami Heat"

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 02:43 PM
pretty much right on. The best always get hated. Hopefully it will be for the right reason someday (if there is one)

godolphins
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Stern will fix the game so the Heat can win a championship this season :D

Gators123
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Are they booing him because he’s part of a team that people think is too strong for their home team to compete with? Probably more so.

This.

ManRam
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
He's 100% correct.

Most people hate what they can't have. The most hated teams and players are the best ones. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

Faycem
01-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah, he is correct, but i've never heard him defending Kobe, The Celtics,etc. against the hate they got. There was no need for that. So, why is he defending his little puppy right now? Please... ¨¨

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
pretty much right on. The best always get hated. Hopefully it will be for the right reason someday (if there is one)

always?

When Manny Pacqiuao steps into the ring, does he enter to a litany of boos?

When Tiger Woods steps onto a golf course, is he greeted by boos?

When Tom Brady enters a stadium, is he boo'd?

Thatruth32
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
u dont boo someobody unless somewhere in deep down even a small % u kinda like the guy

J4KOP99
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Spot-on analysis from Stern but he should be worrying about his referee's a lot more than he is worrying about LeBron.

The NBA refs are terrible this year.

GSwarriors4LIFE
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
I think it has more to do with home crowds rallying behind their own team when they play the Heat, because I guarantee you that if LeBron would go to ANY team in the NBA he would become a GOD in that city and gain all of the fan support. I don't really care for bron too much but what can you hate about him because it sure is not his game.

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
lmao... This is ********... The lakers dont get booed much and there better than every team in the league. People Chant "MVP" for kobe in almost every other arena.. Why cant Stern come to the realization that people dont like Lebron anymore except "heat fans".

jiggin
01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
stern just basically admitted that the NBA allowed a team to stack the deck and make the league less competitive.

I thought one of his jobs was to make sure the league was as competitive as it possibly could be...?

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
lmao... This is ********... The lakers dont get booed much and there better than every team in the league. People Chant "MVP" for kobe in almost every other arena.. Why cant Stern come to the realization that people dont like Lebron anymore except "heat fans".

what? You're bashing Lebron, you must be a Bulls fan.

Anyone who bashes Lebron on this forum is a Bulls fan

ManRam
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
stern just basically admitted that the NBA allowed a team to stack the deck and make the league less competitive.

I thought one of his jobs was to make sure the league was as competitive as it possibly could be...?

Wait, what?

No rules were broken. The league didn't "allow" them to do anything, the Heat just did what they could under the rules of the current CBA and salary cap regulations...it's not like the league had to let some things slide. In fact, if they changed the rules to prevent this, that would have been an egregious error and totally impermissible.

But yes, the Heat are GREAT for the NBA. No team I remember has ever had half the buzz the Heat get now...

KingPosey
01-12-2011, 03:11 PM
always?

yes.

jiggin
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Wait, what?

No rules were broken. The league didn't "allow" them to do anything, the Heat just did what they could under the rules of the current CBA and salary cap regulations...it's not like the league had to let some things slide. In fact, if they changed the rules to prevent this, that would have been an egregious error and totally impermissible.

But yes, the Heat are GREAT for the NBA. No team I remember has ever had half the buzz the Heat get now...

I was under the impression that ANY transaction, whether its a trade or a FA signing has to be approved by the commish office, especially when there are large dollar amounts and max contracts involved. I am sure they looked for violations and found only the talk may have happened before the FA period started...but I would think that part of that responsibility has to do with keeping it competitive. Its too bad that the almighty dollar and the Union are able to prevent the NBA from staying competitive...kind of defeats the purpose of the commish office and even having a league in the first place if you know some teams will stack the deck constantly beat on other teams.

But then again, I love the sport for the natural competition, not just so my favorite team will win. Guess that is why I watch all teams in the NBA and not just my favorite.

I disagree about them being good for the NBA. The buzz is negative, that isn't a positive for the NBA.

The NBA being discussed doesn't automatically make it a good thing. Its what you are discussing, and I think the majority of the NBA fan base does not like it, doesn't think its good for the NBA and *****es about it when its discussed. How that could possibly be good for ANY sport is beyond my understanding.

Any PR is not good PR, at least not in sports.

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:13 PM
yes.

Really? I never noticed...

AddiX
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Stern wants Bron to be the face of the NBA, and if he wasn't he was well on his way. Leaving Cle for Mia, especially the way he did it, destroyed his rep with most fans.

That's why no one likes him. We'll boo him when hes winning or losing. Stern trying hard to put a spin on this.

ManRam
01-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I was under the impression that ANY transaction, whether its a trade or a FA signing has to be approved by the commish office, especially when there are large dollar amounts and max contracts involved. I am sure they looked for violations and found only the talk may have happened before the FA period started...but I would think that part of that responsibility has to do with keeping it competitive. Its too bad that the almighty dollar and the Union are able to prevent the NBA from staying competitive...kind of defeats the purpose of the commish office and even having a league in the first place if you know some teams will stack the deck constantly beat on other teams.

But then again, I love the sport for the natural competition, not just so my favorite team will win. Guess that is why I watch all teams in the NBA and not just my favorite.

I disagree about them being good for the NBA. The buzz is negative, that isn't a positive for the NBA.

The NBA being discussed doesn't automatically make it a good thing. Its what you are discussing, and I think the majority of the NBA fan base does not like it, doesn't think its good for the NBA and *****es about it when its discussed. How that could possibly be good for ANY sport is beyond my understanding.

Any PR is not good PR, at least not in sports.

I disagree.

Well, I do think any press is good press..and it's not like anyone is blaming the league for anything. There is no blood on their hands. The negativity isn't about them, it's about one team. And people care about that negativity and follow that negativity and get riled up about that negativity. Ratings are up. Ticket sales are up. Interest is up. What else do they have to worry about. These playoffs will be as anticipated as any playoffs in recent memory.

They've hit the jackpot.

People like to hate more than they like to love. The villain always gets more interest than the hero.

gcoll
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
No. People legitimately dislike Lebron James.

Doogolas
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I would boo LeBron because I do not like him. No other reason. I do indeed view him as a villain.

Everybody speaking in hyperbole should really stop. Why is it somehow impossible for some people to LEGITIMATELY not like another player just cause he's really ****ing good?

Sixerlover
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Obviously I agree with Stern.

sep11ie
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I personally think Stern is an idiot for saying this.
"I think it will morph into the Heat being one of our really elite teams. And people boo them come into town to beat up on the hometown team"
To me that shows the lack of parity allowed in the NBA. Who wants to go watch your team get smoked by the Miami Globetrotters? Not me. I'd rather go watch a competitve game.

ManRam
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Name me the last time the league has denied a trade. If no rules are broken, they have no business denying anything.

You seriously think they should have vetoed that? You know what the backlash would have been for the league. You wanna talk about fixing things...that would be the definition of it.

I can't believe you seriously think the league shouldn't have allowed this. That would ruin the integrity of the game.

You can't interfere with things like that.

You want every team to be 41-41. There have to be great teams for any league to be successful. As long as there are rules that prevent insane dynasties, and do promote equality, like the NBA has...it's fine.

CostanzaNumba0
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
lbj is an enemy now, this type of stuff didnt happen to michael

ElMarroAfamado
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
he gets booed because he is the most hatable athlete in the history of sports.
the only people that cheer him are hatable black people that root for him because they think everyone hates him cause he is black....

similar to how they root for floyd mayweather for the same reason

sep11ie
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmHsxRiO0YI

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:31 PM
the only people that cheer him are hatable black people that root for him because they think everyone hates him cause he is black....

Hey, I'm white and I root for Floyd Mayweather. He's an amazing boxer...

JordansBulls
01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
what? You're bashing Lebron, you must be a Bulls fan.

Anyone who bashes Lebron on this forum is a Bulls fan

Um no.

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Um no.

yes. According to some Heat fans, that is the case.

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I would boo LeBron because I do not like him. No other reason. I do indeed view him as a villain.

Everybody speaking in hyperbole should really stop. Why is it somehow impossible for some people to LEGITIMATELY not like another player just cause he's really ****ing good?

Umm you contradicted yourself....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-12-2011, 03:45 PM

I cheer for LeBron, cuz he's a great basketball player...

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 03:46 PM

I'm not black and I like both (I use to hate Lebron before he did this). Don't make this about race because it clearly has nothing to do with it.

thekmp211
01-12-2011, 03:46 PM

yea im gonna go ahead and report this comment. get your ignorant head out of your ***, man.

ManRam
01-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I cheer for LeBron because I like him, I enjoy watching him, I've never seen anyone like him and because I think the hate he gets, while much of it is justified, far exceeds what he truly deserves.

However, I do not like Bosh, I do not like Wade and I especially do not like the Heat. I wish him individual success, but nothing more...and especially not at the sake of the Magic.

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:48 PM
It's kind of an extreme analogy, but why not try comparing Lebron James to Mike Tyson? In their fields, they were the most dominant athletes. Off the field, they were disliked and downright hated by many. Mike Tyson was a thug, and a brute, and a terrible person. Lebron isn't quite that bad but the analogy is good imo because you can admire both these people as athletes yet at the same time dislike them as people

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
always?

don't care about or follow boxing

does anyone get booed in golf?

yes.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM

any game I have been to where the Lakers are the visitors, the crowd does not like them in the slightest.

thekmp211
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
you root for players/teams to play well. this isn't the national morality league.

im not sitting here excusing ******* athletes in any way, but i'm saying people need to get over it because it's not their job to be liked.

enjoy the sport and leave the soap opera BS alone, it makes being a fan much easier.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I cheer for LeBron because I like him, I enjoy watching him, I've never seen anyone like him and because I think the hate he gets, while much of it is justified, far exceeds what he truly deserves.

exactly how I feel.
And quite honestly, the complete whiners out there in the fanbase, who hate LeBron for no reason other than The Decision, or any other stupid reason they come up with, has actually made me pull for LeBron harder, so they shut up eventually. Or at least their pitiful argument on him not being the best goes away, rationally speaking

Draco
01-12-2011, 03:53 PM
He's 100% correct.

Most people hate what they can't have. The most hated teams and players are the best ones. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

Who hates or hated Duncan, Manu, Parker and the Spurs?

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I think it's actually in our culture to root for the under dog, not the favorite. Americans love a good under dog story.

Draco
David Stern: (Long sigh) "I don’t like it. I think it's bad for business. How can we market Lebron in our NBA Cares campaign if no one believes he gives a **** about anyone but himself?"

Hawkeye15

me, 1000000%

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM

Yeah I don't think the Spurs are hated very much (even during their so called dynasty era). That being said, I don't recall a lot of people liking them as fans.

ManRam
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
exactly how I feel.
And quite honestly, the complete whiners out there in the fanbase, who hate LeBron for no reason other than The Decision, or any other stupid reason they come up with, has actually made me pull for LeBron harder, so they shut up eventually. Or at least their pitiful argument on him not being the best goes away, rationally speaking

Again, this is all as long as he doesn't get in Orlando's way :pray:...

But I agree. I pull for HIM harder now than I did before. Even last year, I would defend him, but I wouldn't say I liked him or rooted for him. Now, I do. If people would channel their hate more reasonably and less carelessly, I wouldn't feel this way...but the senselessness out there, and the people who late hate completely consume their ability to be reasonable and objective irk me too much.

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I think it's actually in our culture to root for the under dog, not the favorite. Americans love a good under dog story.

Yup.

Draco
01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
me, 1000000%

I never did.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Again, this is all as long as he doesn't get in Orlando's way :pray:...

But I agree. I pull for HIM harder now than I did before. Even last year, I would defend him, but I wouldn't say I liked him or rooted for him. Now, I do. If people would channel their hate more reasonably and less carelessly, I wouldn't feel this way...but the senselessness out there, and the people who late hate completely consume their ability to be reasonable and objective irk me too much.

the saddest part of it all? All this hate is making fans miss a once in a lifetime talent with their skewed, hateful vision. Oh well.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
I never did.

and I never hated LeBron. So?

Besides, if the media left LeBron alone like they did the Spurs, most this hatred would be nonexistant.
Not gonna happen though

Sly Guy
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM

I don't buy that, Most people here have a high opinion of Jordan, Bird, or any number of the historically great athletes. Maybe for LeBron it'll pass, maybe it won't. I think Stern should just shut up and let the fans voice their feelings...I mean, it's infeasible to fine them all.

Draco
01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
and I never hated LeBron. So?

Besides, if the media left LeBron alone like they did the Spurs, most this hatred would be nonexistant.
Not gonna happen though

So.. the post I replied to about people hating the best teams and players is one I don't buy.

Personally I think Lebron colluded with Riley and Wade. Contrary to what Stern thinks there are people out there who know why they don't like Lebron.

Sandman
01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
always?

^^ Exactly

James got cheers on the road before this year.

NYKNYGNYY
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
because everybody thought lebron was gonna be the next MJ and he ****ed it all up

Draco
I don't buy that, Most people here have a high opinion of Jordan, Bird, or any number of the historically great athletes. Maybe for LeBron it'll pass, maybe it won't. I think Stern should just shut up and let the fans voice their feelings...I mean, it's infeasible to fine them all.

Neither do I, it sounds a bit self righteous to me.

John Walls Era
^^ Exactly

James got cheers on the road before this year.

When he went to cities with bad teams maybe... he never got cheers from elite teams.

beasted86
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM

You guys make no sense.

First you guys talk about all the Kobe haters there are, and now are trying to make an argument he has none?

Which one is it?

Draco
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Actually.. I don't have care one way or the other about the Celtics or Rondo. Don't hate them, don't like them. So much for the 'best teams and players are hated' theory.

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Actually.. I don't have care one way or the other about the Celtics or Rondo. Don't hate them, don't like them. So much for the 'best teams and players are hated' theory.

So you admit Rondo is the best...

Draco
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
So you admit Rondo is the best...

I never once wrote anything bad about Rondo. I think he's a really good player.

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
TBH I have no idea what the argument is. It seems to me the main objective is to to debate whether Stern is right or wrong; it won't be the first time hes right and it won't be the first time hes wrong.

beasted86
01-12-2011, 04:12 PM

You have a history of hating Dwyane Wade, as proven by your sig.

So it's true. The best players and teams are hated because they are good and people feel threatened.

Draco
01-12-2011, 04:13 PM

So it's true. The best players and teams are hated because they are good and people feel threatened.

The only players I don't care for are Kobe and Lebron. That's it.

John Walls Era
I never once wrote anything bad about Rondo. I think he's a really good player.

This is a first for me. I guess you do have a decent point. That being said, you are not in the majority in terms of fans all over the league. Theres always small exceptions.

RZZZA

huh? which part of his sig is about Wade at all?

Draco
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Believing that Wade gets star calls does not equate to hating him.

La11
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
MJ wasn't hated

smith&wesson
01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
i think that lebron gets boed because he disapointed alot of ppl for alot of different reasons.

but when i put myself in his shoes i dont know that i would make a different decision.
he made the best decision for himself. ppl wanted him to make the best decision for the city he was playing for and i think thats alot to expect.

ManRam
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
MJ wasn't hated

He was by some, but not like this. It's weird though, because by all accounts, he was more egotistical, a worse teammate and more obsessed with his personal legacy than LeBron is. He was more desperate for marketing attention, and he also had some off-court flaws too; he had some gambling controversies, and some marital problems too, including affairs.

Evolution23
01-12-2011, 04:24 PM
all u haters sound like lil babies.. get over it hes the best player in the world

KobeOwnSU
01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
In the end its all about personal opinion and everybody has one. I personally dislike LeBron just because i have never liked him, even from the day he got drafted by the Cavs. I dont know why, just something that struck me wrong with the guy and he has done nothing to improve upon my first impression...I also think Stern is an idiot. Maybe he is right, but guess what? He pretty much just admitted that the Heat are gonna beat the **** outta every team in the NBA. How is this good for the NBA, the BUSINESS that he runs???

avsman05
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
always?

Pacquiao not so much but def tiger and most def on brady

jiggin
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Name me the last time the league has denied a trade. If no rules are broken, they have no business denying anything.

You seriously think they should have vetoed that? You know what the backlash would have been for the league. You wanna talk about fixing things...that would be the definition of it.

I can't believe you seriously think the league shouldn't have allowed this. That would ruin the integrity of the game.

You can't interfere with things like that.

You want every team to be 41-41. There have to be great teams for any league to be successful. As long as there are rules that prevent insane dynasties, and do promote equality, like the NBA has...it's fine.

I'm not saying that they should have broke rules to block it or anything like that. I am saying that what is the point of having a front office that is suppose to, among other things, make sure the league stays competitive when apparently the players union ect are ****ing up the league? Teams like the Heat or the Yankees in baseball, that stack their lineups ect, are not good for the sport outside of that teams fan base.

The leagues work because they are competitive. The league is an entertainment based industry based on competition. Anything that would cause any unequal situation in the league should be deemed negative to the competitive nature of the league and undermining the purpose of what basketball is all about.

Its just my opinion, so no big deal...but what is the point of watching ANY sport if its not going to be a competitive game? BORING

i could care very little about watching these players individually, that isn't what the game of basketball is about.

jiggin
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
all u haters sound like lil babies.. get over it hes the best player in the world

and the biggest douche...congrats. What good is being the best player when everyone hates you for how you talk and act?

Hiphopopotamus
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM
People hate LBJ for deeper reasons than most even understand. He offended the nature of competition at the deepest level. He was the best and had the task as the best of his generation to not just win titles, but compete for G.O.A.T. He denied all this, starting in the playoffs against the C's and completed at "the decision". He turned villain because he betrayed the spirit of competition.

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 04:59 PM
People hate LBJ for deeper reasons than most even understand. He offended the nature of competition at the deepest level. He was the best and had the task as the best of his generation to not just win titles, but compete for G.O.A.T. He denied all this, starting in the playoffs against the C's and completed at "the decision". He turned villain because he betrayed the spirit of competition.

:clap: that was beautiful man

and I agree, thats one of many reasons people dislike him

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
You guys make no sense.

First you guys talk about all the Kobe haters there are, and now are trying to make an argument he has none?

Which one is it?

No the Kobe haters are only on PSD.

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
the saddest part of it all? All this hate is making fans miss a once in a lifetime talent with their skewed, hateful vision. Oh well.

Prove to me that he is a once in a "lifetime talent"? Is he an above average shooter? No.. Is he a good on the ball defender? No. Is his Basketball IQ above average? Slightly. Is he just a big massive freak of nature that can get to the hole pretty much at will? yes

GreatMustachio1
01-12-2011, 05:11 PM
David Stern is Lebron's personal nut licker

dtmagnet
01-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Leave Lebron alone! Leave him alone!

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 05:12 PM
TBH If I was an athlete I would love being hated.

Jonathan2323
01-12-2011, 05:15 PM

See the 80's

Nobody has won it alone, everyone needs help.

Jordan had Pippen a top 50 player of all time and Rodman probably the best rebounder of all time. Nobody can win it alone.

So the argument that he took the easy way out is wrong, if you think that just hand the HEAT the next 6 titles.

GreatMustachio1
01-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Prove to me that he is a once in a "lifetime talent"? Is he an above average shooter? No.. Is he a good on the ball defender? No. Is his Basketball IQ above average? Slightly. Is he just a big massive freak of nature that can get to the hole pretty much at will? yes

I agree. He definately is not a once in a lifetime talent. It my short 21 years on earth I have seen Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant along with others. That a long makes Lebron not a once in a lifetime talent. He was blessed with size speed and athletic ability. He is able to do things that most guys in the NBA are not able to do. Micheal and Kobe were not blessed with all that Lebron is and as of right now Lebron is not on the same level as MJ or Kobe. He is on the same level as Blake Griffin.

Jonathan2323
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
christomasson
More so than Jordan? Nuggets coach George Karl today on LeBron James said: "I think he's the most talented player to ever play the game.''

Y2JOrdan
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
just because you're the best doesnt not mean people will hate you. You have to do something bad to generate the hate ( Lebron announcing his decision on national tv) MJ was the best and even he wasnt hated lol

blueplanet
01-12-2011, 06:03 PM
The greatest player on the planet will be booed, no surprise here.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM

not sure if you were in NY, Indiana, Cleveland, Detroit, LA, Phx, Seattle, Utah, etc, when Jordan was kicking their butts. Those fans sure as hell didn't like him.
Bird? How old are you. He was hated among many fan bases.

But with the media running our country now, sure, there is more hate amongst average sports fans for the so called "bad guys of sports".

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 06:07 PM
The greatest player on the planet will be booed, no surprise here.

yeah, that's it, everyone hates him because he's good. No other reason. :rolleyes:

simplistic

RZZZA
01-12-2011, 06:08 PM
David Stern is Lebron's personal nut licker

I dunno...a lot of people here want to apply for that job

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 06:12 PM

as I said, guys like you can't get past your hatred (or in the case, your bias to Kobe), and see LeBron for the athlete he is.
Why would I bother trying to change a mind that can not be changed?

anjoe29
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
See the 80's

Nobody has won it alone, everyone needs help.

Jordan had Pippen a top 50 player of all time and Rodman probably the best rebounder of all time. Nobody can win it alone.

So the argument that he took the easy way out is wrong, if you think that just hand the HEAT the next 6 titles.

are u sure man? we have an argument if Mj has magic and bird on it on the same team and at their prime .. wade and lebron are young and at their primes

SteBO
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
You don't win championships with Delonte West, Mo Williams, washed up Shaq, and 34-year old Antawn Jamison, sorry. If you look at the 80s, the show time Lakers had Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott while the Celtics got Larry Bird, who as a rookie played HOF'rs in Tiny Archibald and Dave Cowens, then they made a trade for Robert Parish that landed them Kevin McHale, and got Dennis Johnson in free agency, who by the way, was a Finals MVP. That's why they're the two most historic franchises in the league. It's simple, stars need help. It's always been that way.

HoopsDrive
01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
The spirit of competition?

bahaahahahaahahah

beasted86
01-12-2011, 07:24 PM
No the Kobe haters are only on PSD.

And every other message board out there... and every blog, and every youtube channel, and ever twitterer... and... forget it.

To skip past all of that, they are at the games too.

shizzle09
01-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I agree. He definately is not a once in a lifetime talent. It my short 21 years on earth I have seen Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant along with others. That a long makes Lebron not a once in a lifetime talent. He was blessed with size speed and athletic ability. He is able to do things that most guys in the NBA are not able to do. Micheal and Kobe were not blessed with all that Lebron is and as of right now Lebron is not on the same level as MJ or Kobe. He is on the same level as Blake Griffin.

wow, just wow. :facepalm:

camador22
01-12-2011, 09:22 PM
always?

Manny Pacquiao is not the best Mayweather is and he's always getting booed. Brady does get booed consistantly and only old people watch golf.

LA_Raiders
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Stern is an ***

Sly Guy
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM
not sure if you were in NY, Indiana, Cleveland, Detroit, LA, Phx, Seattle, Utah, etc, when Jordan was kicking their butts. Those fans sure as hell didn't like him.
Bird? How old are you. He was hated among many fan bases.

But with the media running our country now, sure, there is more hate amongst average sports fans for the so called "bad guys of sports".

but that's reducing things to the simple equation of home vs away team....which side is gonna be cheered for? You are right, maybe I was too young to know who or why I was cheering, but I do remember plenty of people giving MJ love whenever the game was done, unlike LeBron now.

I remember going to games and booing the **** out of MJ. I remember still cheering for him watching NBC on the weekends tho. Just don't get nearly that same 'hate you when we're competing, respect you when we're not' air out of LeBron that Jordan had in spades.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 01:14 PM
but that's reducing things to the simple equation of home vs away team....which side is gonna be cheered for? You are right, maybe I was too young to know who or why I was cheering, but I do remember plenty of people giving MJ love whenever the game was done, unlike LeBron now.

I remember going to games and booing the **** out of MJ. I remember still cheering for him watching NBC on the weekends tho. Just don't get nearly that same 'hate you when we're competing, respect you when we're not' air out of LeBron that Jordan had in spades.

you may not be able to, but many including myself can. Hated them both playing my team, but I am and was a huge fan of both when they play someone else.
And MJ and Bird never switched teams to begin with. That alone breeds anger amongst fan base for some reason when speaking of certain players, and not only the teams involved.

Really, the Decision is going to kill LeBron short term. Much of this will go away after a period of time. Its just the way it is when a star kinda screws up.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I absolutely despise FoxSports NBA coverage this season...enough with the Laker-Heat crap.

Give me more Charley Rosen articles.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 02:09 PM
I absolutely despise FoxSports NBA coverage this season...enough with the Laker-Heat crap.

I hate him. Obviously because he has never done anything but crap on the Wolves. I don't even go to foxsports anymore cause of him

Sly Guy
01-13-2011, 02:17 PM
you may not be able to, but many including myself can. Hated them both playing my team, but I am and was a huge fan of both when they play someone else.
And MJ and Bird never switched teams to begin with. That alone breeds anger amongst fan base for some reason when speaking of certain players, and not only the teams involved.

Really, the Decision is going to kill LeBron short term. Much of this will go away after a period of time. Its just the way it is when a star kinda screws up.

absolutely. LeBron's image may recover in time, but it will take some time for that to happen. Stern should just stay out of it.....from his perspective any publicity is good publicity......Who cares if they love him of hate him? They're still paying the same price for jerseys whether they're wearing them or burning them.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I hate him. Obviously because he has never done anything but crap on the Wolves. I don't even go to foxsports anymore cause of him

He is a cynical bastard yes, but one of the few who doesn't buy into the hype and actually analyzes the game well.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
absolutely. LeBron's image may recover in time, but it will take some time for that to happen. Stern should just stay out of it.....from his perspective any publicity is good publicity......Who cares if they love him of hate him? They're still paying the same price for jerseys whether they're wearing them or burning them.

You spamming!?

:)

Da Knicks
01-13-2011, 02:46 PM
I dont like lebron because he is part of the miami heat and im a knick fan. I dont like kobe bryant because he is a douchebag that got away with rape. Changing teams was Lebrons big fail o wow, i can still see both guys talents but as people both of these guys need to show some class.

Da Knicks
01-13-2011, 02:48 PM

:puke:Charley Rosen :mad: dude sucks...

SundaeBest
01-13-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm not black and I like both (I use to hate Lebron before he did this). Don't make this about race because it clearly has nothing to do with it.

While it WAS an ignorant comment....Lebron was the one that brought race into the equation first.

beasted86
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
While it WAS an ignorant comment....Lebron was the one that brought race into the equation first.

Yeah, I'm sure until the very second he mentioned race does play a factor, then and only then did he start receiving all the racist hate twitter posts and such. :facepalm:

xbrackattackx
01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Lebron made his choice everyone needs to move on. I don't even care anymore. Theres no need to hate on a player because he did the smart thing. With the Lakers and Celtics being so dominate he didn't have a chance of winning in Cleveland. If they would have got him Amare and not held on to Anderson and Hickson. I think he would have stayed. No need to boo him, Unless it was a bad foul call or something.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
:puke:Charley Rosen :mad: dude sucks...

He doesn't get carried away into the drama...he just covers what he sees happening on the basketball court. It's refreshing to read because he talks about what really happens in the game instead of the stupid drama around it.

Other analysts on FoxSports are still talking about a Tweet LeBron presumably wrote or not. I find that pathetic, toilet brush journalism. That's not real basketball expertise, but the NBA-version of TMZ.

LayZbone
01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
He was by some, but not like this. It's weird though, because by all accounts, he was more egotistical, a worse teammate and more obsessed with his personal legacy than LeBron is. He was more desperate for marketing attention, and he also had some off-court flaws too; he had some gambling controversies, and some marital problems too, including affairs.

Yeah, too bad Jordan never got to experience the technology and social media that we have now when he was playing.

Bigbadmoffo
01-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Stern will fix the game so the Heat can win a championship this season :D

This without the smile.

krazylegz
01-14-2011, 04:37 AM
spoiler alert............the league has been fixed for a number of years now