PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson to Retire? (suffers INJURY)

JordansBulls
01-12-2011, 09:17 AM
http://www.ajansspor.com/basketbol/tbl/h/20110112/iverson_birakiyor.html?ref=rss

Turkish Besiktas famous import, Allen Iverson, appears close to end his career in basketball. The former Philadelphia Sixers’ guard injured his left ankle recently and can’t stand the pain anymore. Later today, he will do a press conference to announce that he is going to have surgery in the United States and will be treated here.

“Leaving the basketball world makes me sad but, sometimes, we have to accept things like they are. I can say goodbye to basketball,” he revealed yesterday.

DenButsu
01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I hope so, for his sake.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Just an excuse to break his contract and then go back to play in Usa once its over.

You dont retire for a 6 weeks injury.

He was also reported to be tryng to quit on the team for a month now.

http://hoopsleader.com/news/iverson-wants-to-quit-besiktas-and-europe/

Just as i said/expeceted.

He has been a failure, and he has not honored his contract.

Ill merit him tough because i tough he would create some real nasty incident with verbal abuse and or violence and it has not happened.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-12-2011, 09:28 AM
It's about time, he can help noone

DitchDat
01-12-2011, 09:38 AM
it's sad actually how he still can't honor contracts. All-I hasn't changed one bit.

marlinsfan24
01-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Feel bad for the guy.

C-Dub
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
i aint even gonna read the comments. everyone is just gonna bash him. if kobe got hurt and retired itd be nothing against him tho. whatever.
least ill have a better chance of meeting AI in the states then i did while he was in Turkey! Goodbye AI

Swashcuff
01-12-2011, 11:15 AM
i aint even gonna read the comments. Everyone is just gonna bash him. If kobe got hurt and retired itd be nothing against him tho. Whatever.
Least ill have a better chance of meeting ai in the states then i did while he was in turkey! Goodbye ai

this!

rhymeratic
01-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Sounds like he didn't pay his 6 month broke ankle insurance like he was supposed to. SMH

Swashcuff
01-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Just an excuse to break his contract and then go back to play in Usa once its over.

Ill merit him tough because i tough he would create some real nasty incident with verbal abuse and or violence and it has not happened.

Did you even read the reports where he cleared his name on that and said he LOVES turkey and does not want to leave or are you still just blindly hating on him?

http://twitter.com/#!/alleniverson

same day that story came out he cleared the air

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/03/allen-iverson-says-he-is-not-broke-loving-turkey/

just last week he cleared the air again.

You don't just retire after a 6 week injury huh?

You do when you are 35 6'0, your entire game relies on your quickness and you have the kind of injury history that Allen Iverson has taken the kind of beating that he has over his career it is understandable why he would contemplate retirement. I wonder if you said the same when it was said that a mid 30s Sabonis was thinking of retiring? :eyebrow:

AI
01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
The injury of Allen Iverson is more serious than expected. Yesterday was reported that former Sixers start would have undergone surgery to his calf but the latest news from Turkey say that Iverson is on his way to return to US and that the injury may stop his career. "I cannot even walk for the pain" said the player. According to Salsabasket, Iverson may have a bone growth and there is a talk about a possible tumor compared to the result of the tests Iverson made. Shortly Allen Iverson will have a press conference in which he will talk about his injury and his future.

Not your normal ankle injury huh? Possible bone growth and tumor, I think it's more serious than you guys make it out to be, but why tell you this if you will just hate on the poor guy.

SeoulBeatz
01-12-2011, 11:47 AM

really?

Swashcuff
01-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Not your normal ankle injury huh? Possible bone growth and tumor, I think it's more serious than you guys make it out to be, but why tell you this if you will just hate on the poor guy.

It's really sad in all honesty. Sad way to see such a great player leave the sport. :(

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Did you even read the reports where he cleared his name on that and said he LOVES turkey and does not want to leave or are you still just blindly hating on him?

http://twitter.com/#!/alleniverson

same day that story came out he cleared the air

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/03/allen-iverson-says-he-is-not-broke-loving-turkey/

just last week he cleared the air again.

You don't just retire after a 6 week injury huh?

You do when you are 35 6'0, your entire game relies on your quickness and you have the kind of injury history that Allen Iverson has taken the kind of beating that he has over his career it is understandable why he would contemplate retirement. I wonder if you said the same when it was said that a mid 30s Sabonis was thinking of retiring? :eyebrow:
He fulfilled his contract with Blazers before retiring.

Rivera
01-12-2011, 12:08 PM
dammit man :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

god bless AI

i still want to see him play :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

get well soon AI

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
dammit man :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

god bless AI

i still want to see him play :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

get well soon AI

You will , soon most probably on the heat.

Its just a curtain to leave turkey.

Swashcuff
01-12-2011, 12:21 PM
He fulfilled his contract with Blazers before retiring.

So how do you know for a fact that Allen Iverson isn't going to do the same with Beşiktaş?

Do you have a crystal ball or something? Do you even realize the extent of the injury in which he has suffered do you realize that it may be career threatening? Do you even care or is your hate blinding you again?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
i aint even gonna read the comments. everyone is just gonna bash him. if kobe got hurt and retired itd be nothing against him tho. whatever.
least ill have a better chance of meeting AI in the states then i did while he was in Turkey! Goodbye AI

That's exactly what I was thinking. Me and u C-Dub are two of the few REAL AI fans out there.

AI because of you I play, watch, appreciate, respect, and love the game of Basketball. Thanks for the memories. :cry:

SteveNash
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Weren't some people saying recently that AI had heart?

Jewelz0376
01-12-2011, 05:36 PM

:rolleyes:

Swashcuff
01-12-2011, 05:37 PM

WTF does heart have to do with a possible career ending injury? You are such a hater its not even funny.

Bruno
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
A.I. should have just swallowed his pride and became a great 6th man for a contending team. Now he's in Europe, regretting his decision, doing diddly-squat.

Y2JOrdan
01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
man it sucks, my nephew idolized A.I every since he got into the league; heck he still supports him to this day smh

Hustlenomics
01-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Pat Riley talking with him behind the scenes

SteveNash
01-12-2011, 06:12 PM
WTF does heart have to do with a possible career ending injury? You are such a hater its not even funny.

When he doesn't have a career ending injury? When he takes the easy road yet again because he doesn't have the heart to continue.

pd7631
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
When he doesn't have a career ending injury? When he takes the easy road yet again because he doesn't have the heart to continue.

Doesn't have the heart to continue? He has a tumor in his leg.

Missing56&33
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Feel bad for the guy.

X2.......AI was not suppose to go out like that. He was to talented of a player but really know one to blame but himself.

Dee_Edge
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
A.I. should have just swallowed his pride and became a great 6th man for a contending team. Now he's in Europe, regretting his decision, doing diddly-squat.

...that's really how I feel too.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 09:30 PM

The same ones that said he woudl average 40 a game in europe?

( 12 a game is what hes done)

jasonbird
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Thats sad news.

Good luck,Allen Iverson.

Hellcrooner
10-27-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.marca.com/2011/10/27/baloncesto/nba/1319708068.html

so the Career ending injury was fake after all to break his turkish contract, there he is trying to find an nba spot at seasons begin.

But i was hating Uh?

ttam68
10-27-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.marca.com/2011/10/27/baloncesto/nba/1319708068.html

so the Career ending injury was fake after all to break his turkish contract, there he is trying to find an nba spot at seasons begin.

But i was hating Uh?

Google's translation of that article looks like a Hellcrooner post:

It seems to be nearing the end of the 'lockout', an opportunity that seems to take Allen Iverson to probe his return to the NBA after his little fructo? Sphere Turque experience? A (14.3 points and 4.7 assists in seven league games with Besiktas).

"Now I have no qu? Worry, s? It for basketball,"
"I want to play for anyone. I am willing to help any team in the 'role' is," he confessed? the former NBA star in words that includes Marc J. Spears 'Yahoo! Sports'.

In June Iverson already offered? any team that wanted to win the NBA: "S? you give me a 'training camp'.... and if alg? No team needs me to help them win the ring ... I'm waiting."

Dej? NBA on March 2, 2010 after being fired by the Sixers
The former Sixers player, Nuggets, Pistons and Grizzlies mean? thanks to his five children and has overcome personal and marital problems that weighed her? LAST to? years in the NBA, and who is? ready to go, "Now I have nothing qu? worry, s? it for basketball."

Iverson is aware that there will be? people to follow? speaking ill of? l, but not worried. "If people are saying things about m? Har? The same as teaching? Or my children. If what they say is a lie ...? For qu? I care? I'm used to say things in m? That are not truth. "

Pierce, Durant, Stoudamire and Billups play? N for Iverson
Sec? N 'The Answer' has already exceeded the lesion? N to cut? Turque your experience? to, and says that two weeks be? a fit to compete in the NBA.

In its 15 temporasas in the NBA, for which he pocketed? 154.4 million d? Lares, Iverson, who already has 36 years, you mean? 26.7 points and 6.2 assists in m? S of 900 matches.

While groping his return to the NBA, which came out? on March 2, 2010 after being fired by the Sixers, Iverson continues to organize their particular game with NBA stars in Las Vegas.

I got nothing out of that.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
well, I wish Allen Iverson would have been able to leave the sport on better terms. I am as hard on him as anyone, but he was still fun to watch, and a great player.

Best wishes to him going forward.

sixer04fan
10-27-2011, 03:01 PM
He'll be back.

Or not.

Hellcrooner
10-27-2011, 03:06 PM
You're a joke dude.

First of all, your "source" has no merit whatsoever, all it says is "recent rumors spreading around the web says Allen Iverson wants to leave Beskitas." No first, second, third, fourth, or fifth hand accounts are listed. No sources from that site are listed. The source says there are internet rumors that he wants to leave. Wow. :facepalm:

Second, the second half of your "source" says this: "Other sources saying that Iverson and his familly already find a place to live in Turkey and is happy to stay." So good job there... :facepalm:

Third, your "source" is from December 4th, 2010... Wow. :facepalm:

Fourth, that last comment by you just proves you are completely unintelligent on the subject and just wanted to take a personal shot at him.

do you care to read the thread ? i brought it up back because.

IT WAS AN EXCUSE TO LEAVE THE TEAM THEN

his fans like you told me balh blah blah blah

he IN FACT LEFT THE TEAM

and NOW in fact he is looking for an nba job

wich means he WAS NOT INJUREd AND he was faking it as an exuse to leave the team, like the loser he has always been

so yep i just wanteed to stick it up to his fans.

because I WAS RIgHt

Hellcrooner
10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
OH, NINJA edit, how bad i had quoted you before :D

daleja424
10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Is this legit? I thought he was in the states planning a pickup game championship in Vegas???

sixer04fan
10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
OH, NINJA edit, how bad i had quoted you before :D

I hate you.

I may have lost this battle but I will win the war, Hellcrooner.

SeoulBeatz
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. But coming from you, I'm not surprised.

daleja424
10-27-2011, 03:18 PM
wait... why the heck was this bumped?

mttwlsn16
10-27-2011, 03:25 PM
i would love to see one more AI run. loved the guy

Swashcuff
10-27-2011, 03:26 PM
wait... why the heck was this bumped?

Because Hellcrooner is an Allen Iverson hater and every opportunity he gets to bring down his name he'll gladly do so

pd7631
10-27-2011, 03:27 PM
First of all Crooner, the story you're posting was originally reported a month or two ago, so congrats for staying up to date. Secondly...

Former NBA MVP Allen Iverson will attempt to rehabilitate his troublesome right calf without surgery after being examined Monday by noted surgeon James Andrews.

Andrews diagnosed the injury as a calcium deposit with additional secondary bleeding.

"It's tricky because of the location," Andrews said. "So we're going to try to treat it without surgery."

"It's no alibi," Andrews said. "He's got a legitimate calf problem. He'd like to go back if at all possible. I wouldn't say his season is over. If we can't get it settled down, we'll have to excise it. But we'll get him back. The last thing he wants to do is not be on a basketball court."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6078264

Finally, AI had an opt out clause after 1 season, so him wanting to be back in the NBA 1 YEAR LATER is not getting out of anything.

pd7631
10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Also, as of June 9th, AI had not yet received clearance to perform contact basketball drills. So not only was the injury real, he had to wait at least 6 months to play.

naps
10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
I didn't read a post yet because I know 99% of the posts are bashing AI.

pd7631
10-27-2011, 03:33 PM
do you care to read the thread ? i brought it up back because.

IT WAS AN EXCUSE TO LEAVE THE TEAM THEN

his fans like you told me balh blah blah blah

he IN FACT LEFT THE TEAM

and NOW in fact he is looking for an nba job

wich means he WAS NOT INJUREd AND he was faking it as an exuse to leave the team, like the loser he has always been

so yep i just wanteed to stick it up to his fans.

because I WAS RIgHt

No you were wrong, and you have absolutely no proof to support your claims. He was injured, he had an opt out clause after 1 year, he can play for whatever team, in whatever league he wants/he's wanted.

Swashcuff
10-27-2011, 03:34 PM
First of all Crooner, the story you're posting was originally reported a month or two ago, so congrats for staying up to date. Secondly...

Former NBA MVP Allen Iverson will attempt to rehabilitate his troublesome right calf without surgery after being examined Monday by noted surgeon James Andrews.

Andrews diagnosed the injury as a calcium deposit with additional secondary bleeding.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6078264

Finally, AI had an opt out clause after 1 season, so him wanting to be back in the NBA 1 YEAR LATER is not getting out of anything.

Why bother with facts? Hellcrooner is a conspiracy theorists who jumps on any opportunity to hate players like A.I. and MJ. He'll completely disregard any facts and continue to spew his ignorance.

At least others have a brain of their own and don't buy into the garbage he's trying to sell.

sixer04fan
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
No you were wrong, and you have absolutely no proof to support your claims. He was injured, he had an opt out clause after 1 year, he can play for whatever team, in whatever league he wants/he's wanted.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM

That's exactly what I felt. I seen AI's name in a thread title, and said, "NOO! WHY!" I'm not gonna bother reading what anyone else besides you and Swashcuff say. :sigh:

Hellcrooner
10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
HE broke HIS CONTRACT BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED

3RDASYSTEM
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
HELLCROONER wat was MAGIC JOHNSON excuse for only wanting to play for LAKERS upon entering draft? Who did KOBE demand CHARLOTTE trade him to pretty much? Why did LEBRON leave CAVS for SOUTH BEACH? Did they want to play for those org. cause they were winning or the losing type? last i checked the players play and the general managers build the roster around the superstar(s)

Why would any superstar want to play with a losing organization? the same types that GARNETT/IVERSON and others had to endure for all they early youthful yrs, and GARNETT got his wish but how can IVERSON not be a loser when he played for it in the youth of his career when he was unguardable? He played for a losing org. before he got there and well after he left and the 'only' reason they were relevant from 96-07 was because of the loser IVERSON,makes perfect sense now thanks for the insight HELLCROONER.. And him leaving Turkey with a calf injury makes him a loser?

It makes him a loser to get upset about not playing in crunchtime due to STUCKEY/CONLEY? its funny because you could literally put all the players in that 'loser' category, even FRANCIS demanded he get traded from the GRIZZ pick they had back in the day,almost forgot about him, hell even KOBE got his wish to go to LAKERLAND upon inception then 8yrs later wanted out,such a 'winners' mentality and attitude i guess aint it HELLCROONER?

a fan= fanatic, but i just call it how it happens on the court and from also 'playing' on the court and having a impact on the outcome of game, people like u act like he played with 3/4 HOF caliber players for his first 8yrs and got put out the 1st rd each yr, then i would call him the ultimate loser no doubt but he did the complete opposite and carried a team for his first 8, and dont give me that he couldnt play with other 'stars' because any 'superstar' can play with each other just look thru the history of the sport

One thing i learned from media/sports is that if you play with a losing organization you'll be considered a loser and if with a winning org a winner no matter how superior u are to your peers like IVERSON was.. Sixers won like 18-20 games his rookie yr and then won like 40-44 games after he left, a pretty very avg ran organization if u ask me,what u think HELLCROONER?

Hellcrooner
10-27-2011, 03:48 PM
^i think you are offtopic.

Anf the word loser goes about his personality and his offcourt life, not on court btw.

pd7631
10-27-2011, 03:58 PM
HE broke HIS CONTRACT BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED

How?

smith&wesson
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
I dont get it with iverson ... why didnt he just join a contender after denver and accepted a smaller role.

smaller role on championship team >> star player on crap team in detroit, phillie, turkey etc..

the guy coulda had a ring by now and retired on a high note or better yet he coulda stayed with memphis and helped them in last seasons play off push.

Tony_Starks
10-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I dont get it with iverson ... why didnt he just join a contender after denver and accepted a smaller role.

smaller role on championship team >> star player on crap team in detroit, phillie, turkey etc..

the guy coulda had a ring by now and retired on a high note or better yet he coulda stayed with memphis and helped them in last seasons play off push.

After the Memphis situation he pretty much got blackballed. All these coaches and GMs talk so pretty much everyone just turned their backs on him. Couldn't even get a workout with teams. Even Eddie Curry is still getting workouts!

But I think he'll be back, Larry Brown gave him a pretty good endorsement not too long ago so I think he might have one last shot.....

smith&wesson
10-27-2011, 04:12 PM

Anf the word loser goes about his personality and his offcourt life, not on court btw.

cmon crooner your better then that. you can say what you want about iverson. but the guy was a phenominal talent in his prime..

he has made questionable decisions in regards to his career but to lable him a loser ? he was a crazy player man and i loved watching him when he was at his best ...

in denver he was still producing crazy numbers and playing at a high level it was just a matter of him accepting a lesser role on contender after that and he just couldnt seem to do it and i think him not getting a ring was the consequence of that but again those are his own questionable decisions which he ended up paying for in regards to his career.

many players have made bad choices in terms of where they go to play the fact that he was one of the all time greats tells you the guys no loser.

in regards to honouring his contract. I dont see how it would help his team if he was out 6-8 weeks any how. i dont know how much time is left int he turkish league and i dont know if the team still has to pay him his full contract when he retires, but when your old and its time to hang it up, its time to hang it up ... fullfilling his contract is irrelevent because he cant contribute to the team at this point any how. unless there is still lots of season to be played and the playoffs are a possibility. then i would want him to fullfill his contract yes, i would agree with you there bro.

smith&wesson
10-27-2011, 04:16 PM
After the Memphis situation he pretty much got blackballed. All these coaches and GMs talk so pretty much everyone just turned their backs on him. Couldn't even get a workout with teams. Even Eddie Curry is still getting workouts!

But I think he'll be back, Larry Brown gave him a pretty good endorsement not too long ago so I think he might have one last shot.....

was he still playing at a high level in turkey ?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Yeah, clearly, all the charities he donates too, his basketball camp for little kids... How much have you donated to a Chartiy? How many Turkey's have you passed out on Thanksgiving? Don't be so quick to judge, you're not perfect, none of us are... But you hate on AI for un-basketball related reasons. We've had this conversation before, and you just listen to the media way to much, because all the things your mention are the things the media put's into the light.

Helping the misforturnate, and volenteering his time, to help kids and getting troubled youth into sports says loser in my book too. :facepalm:

Hellcrooner
10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah, clearly, all the charities he donates too, his basketball camp for little kids... How much have you donated to a Chartiy? How many Turkey's have you passed out on Thanksgiving? Don't be so quick to judge, you're not perfect, none of us are... But you hate on AI for un-basketball related reasons. We've had this conversation before, and you just listen to the media way to much, because all the things your mention are the things the media put's into the light.

Helping the misforturnate, and volenteering his time, to help kids and getting troubled youth into sports says loser in my book too. :facepalm:

in relation to my budget? quite some money, whenever something bad happens, like Haiti, Katrina, Floods in Indonesia quite some years back, and a monthly fee to Unicef.
Also colaborate with an Abandoned Pets foundation here where i live.

Does it make me better than other person?
Nope.

And btw i dont get publicity when i donate and i have never asked for a tax reduction for the donations.

Look whos talking withouth knowing.

Tony_Starks
10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
was he still playing at a high level in turkey ?

Before he got hurt I think he was doing pretty good. That injury was kind of a lingering deal though so its sort of hard to really judge his short stint over there......

But on a contender he still has a lot to contribute. I'd love to see him in LA, MIA, or even Boston.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-27-2011, 04:47 PM
in relation to my budget? quite some money, whenever something bad happens, like Haiti, Katrina, Floods in Indonesia quite some years back, and a monthly fee to Unicef.
Also colaborate with an Abandoned Pets foundation here where i live.

Does it make me better than other person?
Nope.

And btw i dont get publicity when i donate and i have never asked for a tax reduction for the donations.

Look whos talking withouth knowing.

Lol good for you. What I do know... You insult a man, personally, whom you don't know personally. I don't know if you believe in Christ, but... Matt 7:1 reads, "judge not, or you too, will be judged"

I asked you a serious question, no I didn't know you donated... that's why I asked.

smith&wesson
10-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Before he got hurt I think he was doing pretty good. That injury was kind of a lingering deal though so its sort of hard to really judge his short stint over there......

But on a contender he still has a lot to contribute. I'd love to see him in LA, MIA, or even Boston.

MAN imagine how many ppl hate on miami and then imagine how many ppl hate on iverson and you combine the two lol yikes

honestly at this point i can see him go back to the nba and accept a lesser role if he still has some legs under him. .

stawka
10-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I have noticed a couple of things about your posts recently. You hate racism (fair enough)... But at the same time, you hate anyone who's not European, Gasol brothers are greater than life, Fernandez would own Jordan, Euro ball is so much better than the NBA... All this, yet you're not racist and you don't like racism? Seems kind of weird to me man

Anyway, best of luck to AI. If he makes it back to the NBA, then good on him!

Raps08-09 Champ
10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
He's going to play in Toronto.

SMH!
10-28-2011, 03:02 PM
I have noticed a couple of things about your posts recently. You hate racism (fair enough)... But at the same time, you hate anyone who's not European, Gasol brothers are greater than life, Fernandez would own Jordan, Euro ball is so much better than the NBA... All this, yet you're not racist and you don't like racism? Seems kind of weird to me man

Honestly you read my mind, this is so true. :clap:

Hellcrooner
10-28-2011, 03:10 PM

It seems you dont read enough of my posts, or with not enough interest because im quite certain to have praised in the last 2 or 3 months, A chinese in ming, Manu who is from south america, not to mention the Duncans, Durants, battiers, Kidds, Loves, Magics, Gilmores, Cowenses, Thurmonds etc etc who happen to be USA citizens from several different races.....

So what was your point again?

btw i dont remeber saying Rudy is better than Jordan :confused:

DenButsu
10-29-2011, 07:50 AM
How many years has it been since Iverson was relevant? It ended for him when Denver traded him. I hope he does retire, for his own sake. Nothing he does now can possibly contribute to anything positive about his legacy. Even if he chases down a ring it will be a meaningless Parrish/Bulls type situation. Time to let it go.

abe_froman
10-29-2011, 08:05 AM
honestly at this point i can see him go back to the nba and accept a lesser role if he still has some legs under him. .

yeah,there was an article a couple days ago saying he was hungry to come back.any team(no matter how bad),any role,any price...dunno how true it is,or how long it'd last but yeah ,you might be right

3RDASYSTEM
10-29-2011, 09:48 AM
DENBUTSU still got that bitter MELO pill in his mouth, it wouldnt look nowhere near as close as PARISH ring chasing,maybe more like MALONE and i feel AI got more left in tank then those 2 and PAYTON at they time when they were at end, the only thing AI is missing is a ring so why not get one if given a chance to?

he aint got nothing else to prove so why not play with a contender and try and get one,NUGGS wouldnt let him and MELO play for 3-4yrs to see, all they gave them was 1 season and then after BILLUPS supposedlly made NUGGS so much better,they trade him 2yrs later

DENBUTSU went from bashing AI to bashing BILLUPS after praising both but the media made it seem like the trade of the century until they made the mistake of trading BILLUPS after they faded out in 1st rd after making WCF yr prior(1st exit sound familiar?)

And his resume is what kept him relevant and the way the 'media' brainwashed u and the rest of america into thinking a top 3 scorer should come off the bench and u should know he was a top 3 scorer cause of his final full season with your NUGGS in 08, now the trick ? is whos going to keep NUGGS relevant now? DENBUTSU could be looked at when they new cba is agreed upon

3RDASYSTEM
10-29-2011, 09:59 AM
HELLCROONER thats my whole point of saying u could say that about any player when it comes to off court issues

but the locker room cancer reputation he has is fully over blown,especially when i hear SNOW/MCKIE/MELO/LARRY BROWN/KMART/SHAQ and many others who have played with him on regular and allstar teams

And off court/personality can be said for all these guys, from KOBE crying and making youtube dissing team/gm(that aint poor attitude off court?) and MAGIC not wanting to play for any other org than LAKERS(that aint poor attitude off court?), u either are blind to others or just hate AI because he was so damn talented and good and mad at him because he didnt win a ship or 2(i am mad to a certain extent also with him being so naturally talented and good)

it wasnt off topic, i just took the 'loser' part in wrong terms,but then again it fits what im saying, they did worse cause i dont recall AI ever dissing his team/gm or complaining about what team is going to draft him, hell he wasnt even on the rookie cover for SLAM mag but all the other top picks were,but not the no1 ovrerall pick...but hey i bet that was because of AI off court attitude right CROONER? or was he blackballed from day 1?

Greet
10-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Who cares?

GiantsSwaGG
10-29-2011, 10:39 AM

:facepalm:

naps
10-29-2011, 06:13 PM

Man, you hate AI, don't you?

JNA17
10-29-2011, 08:14 PM

Well here's my short opinion of him (which means nothing to pretty much anybody but I thought I'd share anyway because I can).

On the court, he's got one of the biggest heart and soul in the game I have ever seen as the little guy on the court. Off the court, he's dumber then a kid running with scissors. He can't be looked up too nor can he be represented as an icon nor the idol to any young kids out there in the world because of it. If you want an example, "you talking about practice?" is all you need. While still hilarious to this day AS A JOKE, it's also a huge knock on him as a player and how he could have been much better player for it.

Allen Iverson will be remembered as one of the greatest little guys in NBA history with incredible offensive skills such as his scoring and his amazing crossovers, but he will also be remembered for being the most selfish ball hog in history and being a complete head case. Can't get along with coaches, doesn't show up to practices with the team, and refused to come off the bench while he also trying to come back from some injures because of his ego. And most importantly, he will unfortunately just like some other greats, he will also be remembered for being win-less.

Corey
10-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Who cares?

Pretty much what I was thinking.

jbolfdsa8
10-29-2011, 08:37 PM
welcome to: **************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

mccschamb
10-29-2011, 08:38 PM

It's kind of like something Monta Ellis would do, huh?

JNA17
10-29-2011, 08:41 PM
welcome to: **************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

ok I'm sick of this ****.

SPAMMERS, NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE HERE WILL ACTUALLY CLICK THE LINK TO YOUR SITE AND BUY ANY CRAPPY **** THERE! YOU ARE ONLY MAKING YOUR PATHETIC SITE'S REP EVEN WORSE WHEN YOU POST YOUR CRAP ON AN INTERNET FORUM! IF YOU REALLY WANT TO ADVERTISE YOUR SITE, GROW UP AND ACTUALLY DO COMMERCIALS OR ADVERTISE ON IT SOMEWHERE ON YOUTUBE. THAT SITE WILL ADVERTISE ANYTHING. NOW BACK THE **** OFF!

/caps lock off :D

DenButsu
10-30-2011, 03:01 AM
DENBUTSU still got that bitter MELO pill in his mouth, it wouldnt look nowhere near as close as PARISH ring chasing,maybe more like MALONE and i feel AI got more left in tank then those 2 and PAYTON at they time when they were at end, the only thing AI is missing is a ring so why not get one if given a chance to?

he aint got nothing else to prove so why not play with a contender and try and get one,NUGGS wouldnt let him and MELO play for 3-4yrs to see, all they gave them was 1 season and then after BILLUPS supposedlly made NUGGS so much better,they trade him 2yrs later

DENBUTSU went from bashing AI to bashing BILLUPS after praising both but the media made it seem like the trade of the century until they made the mistake of trading BILLUPS after they faded out in 1st rd after making WCF yr prior(1st exit sound familiar?)

And his resume is what kept him relevant and the way the 'media' brainwashed u and the rest of america into thinking a top 3 scorer should come off the bench and u should know he was a top 3 scorer cause of his final full season with your NUGGS in 08, now the trick ? is whos going to keep NUGGS relevant now? DENBUTSU could be looked at when they new cba is agreed upon

You obviously don't read, or don't remember, my posts very carefully.

I was excited about the prospect of AI/Melo when the trade first happened. That excitement wore off over that first season as I actually watched the weaknesses of that pairing (poor defense by both of them, not just AI, first and foremost among them) start to get exposed. And AI's performance in round 1 against the Spurs was just piss poor and inexcusably bad. I definitely cut him less slack after that, and I feel that was absolutely justified.

I'll admit that after watching what happened with Billups in New York I felt relieved that we traded him after what was probably his last consistently good season.

But in both cases, I do actually like both those guys (Chauncey moreso, but I do think AI's a good guy). I don't have anything against either of them. In fact it's because I like AI that I wish he'd just retire. You have some seriously thick blinders on if you still think he can be a meaningful contributor to an NBA championship team.

Jordan playing for the Wizards didn't tarnish his legacy at all, but it certaintly added nothing to it. And that's the most Iverson can expect if he even finds a team that would accept him on their roster.

It's nothing personal, dude. In terms of their basketball careers, the sun is setting for these guys. They're old. Why AI fans are so defensive about protecting him from criticism of the player he's become, when the player they really adore is nearly always the guy from 10 years ago, is completely beyond me.

thenetslegend
10-30-2011, 03:07 AM
iverson shouldve retired in 08

thenetslegend
10-30-2011, 03:14 AM
He's going to play in Toronto.

"play" you mean

Swashcuff
10-30-2011, 09:20 AM
You obviously don't read, or don't remember, my posts very carefully.

I was excited about the prospect of AI/Melo when the trade first happened. That excitement wore off over that first season as I actually watched the weaknesses of that pairing (poor defense by both of them, not just AI, first and foremost among them) start to get exposed. And AI's performance in round 1 against the Spurs was just piss poor and inexcusably bad. I definitely cut him less slack after that, and I feel that was absolutely justified.

I'll admit that after watching what happened with Billups in New York I felt relieved that we traded him after what was probably his last consistently good season.

But in both cases, I do actually like both those guys (Chauncey moreso, but I do think AI's a good guy). I don't have anything against either of them. In fact it's because I like AI that I wish he'd just retire. You have some seriously thick blinders on if you still think he can be a meaningful contributor to an NBA championship team.

Jordan playing for the Wizards didn't tarnish his legacy at all, but it certaintly added nothing to it. And that's the most Iverson can expect if he even finds a team that would accept him on their roster.

It's nothing personal, dude. In terms of their basketball careers, the sun is setting for these guys. They're old. Why AI fans are so defensive about protecting him from criticism of the player he's become, when the player they really adore is nearly always the guy from 10 years ago, is completely beyond me.

I'm the least defensive and one of the most logical A.I. fans around but in all honesty dude this is the first time I've ever seen you say anything that borders being positive about A.I. I mean there is critical (Chronz and Hawkeye are known for this) and then there is spite or bitterness (llemon and Crooner are famous for this). From all that I've seen you say about A.I. they were more on the Crooner side than the Chronz.

I have no beef with someone who dislikes him for his inefficiency and lack of D because that's fact but all I'd say is just look his prime seasons in which he played alongside an actual support cast (05-08) and you'd see that his efficiency got better. Was this because of the rule changes or was this because of the fact that he had better teammates thus taking the offensive burden off his shoulders or was it both.

What I absolutely HATE and really start defending A.I. for is when people hate on him for things that are completely false like this very thread in which Crooner started months ago and has now bumped just so that he can spew his idiotic hatred. Tell me then can you blame A.I. fans for running to his defense?

If a man says Allen Iverson was a chucker and an inefficient scorer who couldn't guard a man if his life depended on it I'd remain quiet because you know what it has some truth to it, but when Crooner says stuff like he beat his wife and through her out on the road naked he's just perpetuating baseless ignorance which no factual evidence. That's when I get defensive.

As an A.I. fan do I wish he'd retire? well I'm leaning towards yes. However if the man believes that he can contribute and is able to prove that to NBA teams then I'd say go for it. I don't see him ever being a starter again (baring a slew of injuries to the regulars) but as an Eddie House type player I think he can make a decent contribution to the right team even at this stage in his career.

NetsPaint
10-30-2011, 09:57 AM
When you look at other players getting time in the league, young or not, you'll see he doesn't need to retire. His exceptional condition, ball handling, experience, and even his passing (which he proved to be more willing to do) would get him good minutes in whatever role he has. Stop this old business. It's 2011, look what guys his age are doing on the court.

I mean seriously, come Playoff time, would you rather have Allen Iverson, or Carlos Arroyo?

Hellcrooner
10-30-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm the least defensive and one of the most logical A.I. fans around but in all honesty dude this is the first time I've ever seen you say anything that borders being positive about A.I. I mean there is critical (Chronz and Hawkeye are known for this) and then there is spite or bitterness (llemon and Crooner are famous for this). From all that I've seen you say about A.I. they were more on the Crooner side than the Chronz.

I have no beef with someone who dislikes him for his inefficiency and lack of D because that's fact but all I'd say is just look his prime seasons in which he played alongside an actual support cast (05-08) and you'd see that his efficiency got better. Was this because of the rule changes or was this because of the fact that he had better teammates thus taking the offensive burden off his shoulders or was it both.

What I absolutely HATE and really start defending A.I. for is when people hate on him for things that are completely false like this very thread in which Crooner started months ago and has now bumped just so that he can spew his idiotic hatred. Tell me then can you blame A.I. fans for running to his defense?

If a man says Allen Iverson was a chucker and an inefficient scorer who couldn't guard a man if his life depended on it I'd remain quiet because you know what it has some truth to it, but when Crooner says stuff like he beat his wife and through her out on the road naked he's just perpetuating baseless ignorance which no factual evidence. That's when I get defensive.

As an A.I. fan do I wish he'd retire? well I'm leaning towards yes. However if the man believes that he can contribute and is able to prove that to NBA teams then I'd say go for it. I don't see him ever being a starter again (baring a slew of injuries to the regulars) but as an Eddie House type player I think he can make a decent contribution to the right team even at this stage in his career.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_5_102/ai_90114085/

Swashcuff
10-30-2011, 03:21 PM
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_5_102/ai_90114085/
You guys see why I keep saying I can't stand Crooner for this? PD7631 already proved to you that these reports had no grounds. ALL the charges were dropped because there was no facts to support such. Hey his name is Allen Iverson which is why once something of the sort comes up lies are brought into the discussion.

http://www.workers.org/ww/2002/iverson1205.php

His wife, Tawanna Iverson, said in the same interview that they did argue, but denied that her husband had hit her.

But hey Crooner doesn't deal with facts he lives in a world of conspiracy theories where Michael Jordan did nothing for the game of basketball but ruin it.

BlinkManJan02
10-30-2011, 03:24 PM
I was always a fan of AI. Too bad to bad to hear if he stops playing ball. I wish he could have gotten a ring in the states.

Hellcrooner
10-30-2011, 03:56 PM
You guys see why I keep saying I can't stand Crooner for this? PD7631 already proved to you that these reports had no grounds. ALL the charges were dropped because there was no facts to support such. Hey his name is Allen Iverson which is why once something of the sort comes up lies are brought into the discussion.

http://www.workers.org/ww/2002/iverson1205.php

But hey Crooner doesn't deal with facts he lives in a world of conspiracy theories where Michael Jordan did nothing for the game of basketball but ruin it.

race card? :rolleyes: yep very very very credible......

Swashcuff
10-30-2011, 07:05 PM
race card? :rolleyes: yep very very very credible......

Who on God's green earth is playing the race card... are you dense? That was the lone article I found at the time that had the quote she made, but hey completely disregard the entire post and see only what you want. Ignorance at its supreme finest.