PDA

View Full Version : Source: Nuggets trade talks w/Knicks ongoing, 50-50 Melo gets traded to NY

*Superman*
01-12-2011, 12:56 AM
The Knicks remain very much in the hunt for Carmelo Anthony mostly because New York remains the Denver Nuggets All-Star forward's preferred destination.

A person familiar with the negotiations told the Daily News that talks between the Nuggets and Knicks are ongoing and classified the possibility of a deal with New York at "50-50."

"He'd like to play in New York," said the source, who requested anonymity. "But I don't see anything happening soon."

In order for the Knicks to acquire Anthony, team president Donnie Walsh would have to acquire at least one first-round pick to include in the deal.

The Nets can offer Denver the best package because they have multiple first-round picks.

The dilemma for the Knicks is whether or not to gut their roster for a player they could sign as a free agent after July 1. A deal for Anthony would likely have to include two of these three starters -- Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields -- plus Eddy Curry's expiring contract and at least one first-round pick. The Knicks may also have to take on a player with a long-term contract. Al Harrington could be that player.

The Nets are in serious negotiations to complete a deal for Anthony, but the source indicated that no trade is imminent.

As for whether Anthony would sign a three-year, $65 million extension to play for the Nets, the source said "it hasn't gotten to that point yet.

"He's willing to listen to them if he gets close."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/01/11/2011-01-11_knicks_still_alive_in_carmelo_anthony_trade_tal ks_chances_are_5050_of_landing_al.html

idrinkpepsi
01-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Can we not get one thread for Melo trade rumors?

lvlheaded
01-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Broussard painted a very bleak picture for Nets fans on SC. Basically saying he would be stunned if Melo agreed to go to NJ and that Melo is in a Knicks or bust mode

Slimsim
01-12-2011, 01:19 AM
They can go **** themselves I don't want Al buckets

Crackadalic
01-12-2011, 01:23 AM
AL the blackhole? no thanks

Draco
01-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Lots of Melo-drama tonight.. NJ, NY, NJ... NY?

jetsfan28
I don't think the Knicks gut their roster at this point. They would probably trade 1 of those guys while taking a bad contract, not two.

$KnicksAndKobe$
Summer ...

NYKnicks4511
01-12-2011, 01:25 AM
I would rather have a big peepee up my hole than take Al Harrington back in NY. ******* that!

Krzyzewskiville
01-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Yeah id rather have him go to the Nets and watch us in the play-offs rather then have him and give up Chandler, Gallo, Fields, Currys Expiring and most likely a pick for Him and Al "I look like a ninja turtle and dont pass the rock" Harrington.

jkcronyn
01-12-2011, 01:26 AM
dumbest thing ever i PRAY melo doesnt get moved id hate to see NY kill themselves to get one dude. the heat set the precedent for how to rebuild, in 20 hours with 3 near max contracts and one very smart man behind it all. ny just needs to chill melo should sign a one year extension with denver then him and CP3 can sign with stat

CostanzaNumba0
01-12-2011, 01:27 AM
no way we're giving up 2 starters and an expiring, thats nuts, they can have AR4 gallo a couple future 2nds and currys expiring thats it..donnie is no dummy he knows who holds the cards

NYKnicks4511
01-12-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't think the Knicks gut their roster at this point. They would probably trade 1 of those guys while taking a bad contract, not two.

I don't think we're planning to take any bad contracts honestly. Melo can rot in NJ for half a season for all we care -- Donnie has worked too hard and too long to give up cap space for a player who would put us further into contention, yet still won't make us a championship contender. We could use that money to help get a big man.

If Melo is truly in Knicks or bust mode, and Donnie Walsh has to choose between signing Melo or Wilson Chandler ... I wonder who he'll sign?

masalex1205
01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
al harrington back in ny haha

F*(&"Next Year"
01-12-2011, 01:32 AM
I think that he plays out his contract in Denver and come free agency he joins the Knicks who she Currys contract and still sit pretty with Wilson Landry Danillo and a late first rounder.

LTBaByyy
Nets have the better deal if you want to rebuild

Lawson
Affalo
Nuggets First Round Draft Pick (Lottery)
Favors
Nene

JR Smith (24 years old)
Nets first round draft pick
Gary Forbes
Anthony Morrow
Chris Andersen

Plus 2 first round draft picks the next year
3-4 years from now that will be really good team/core

lvlheaded
Can we take Birdman AND Balkman instead of Al Buckets? I will personally buy Uriji a blowie if it means he keeps Al

Don Starks
01-12-2011, 01:40 AM
I blame Leon Rose for all of this. he has the most to gain if this trade goes through, and I think he is the one that has been leaking a lot of this information, especially all the stuff about melo signing the extension. that whole passive aggressive pressure thing agents do of telling both sides he (melo) is aware and agreeable to everything going on, even though melo probably has little to no knowledge of whats happening (other then what he is reading in the papers). I could be wrong, but I think Rose is trying to back Melo into a corner so that he feels pressure to accept this deal.

Melo probably told his agent he wanted to go to NY, and when Denver refused to trade him there, Rose decided NJ was close enough to what his client wanted, even though he missed the reason why Melo wanted to play in NY (to play with Amare).

Melo has been the main guy on a really good team (in a better conference), now I think he wants to do the Miami thing, which isn't going to happen in NJ at least until maybe 2012 when a couple other stars are available.

Its easy to make Melo out to be the villain here because he is the centerpiece of this deal, but I dont think he is really the person at fault here. Blame Leon Rose for working on behalf of himself, blame Mikhail prokerov for needing a big name rather than a slew of draft picks and a possibly an awesome big man tandem in Favors and Lopez, but dont blame Melo, I really don't think he is responsible for any of this.

NJ Raven
01-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Denver realized they realllllllly messed up on giving Harrington a long term deal.

lvlheaded
01-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Denver realized they realllllllly messed up on giving Harrington a long term deal.

Was that Uriji's move or the GM before him? Whoever it was deserves to be castrated...5 years for AL BUCKETS!

Evolution23
01-12-2011, 01:58 AM
how about Curry's expring for Melo... or how about we give u absoloutly nothing and Melo signs with us in the summer. how u like that Denver? we rape u instead of u trying to do that to everyone else in the league.

NYKNYGNYY
01-12-2011, 01:58 AM
im sick of this

Don Starks
01-12-2011, 02:03 AM
how about Curry's expring for Melo... or how about we give u absoloutly nothing and Melo signs with us in the summer. how u like that Denver? we rape u instead of u trying to do that to everyone else in the league.

dude stop talking smack anonymously over the internet about things you only know about through third hand information. you know if someone like Wilson Chandler turned into a superstar and some other teams fan was talking trash about they were going to get him for nothing from the knicks you would be pissed.

Badluck33
01-12-2011, 02:04 AM
knicks shouldn't make this move. they are good where they are at now and sending 3 of their 5 starters to Denver makes no sense to me.

cheetos185
01-12-2011, 02:05 AM
i don't think any deal is seriously being discussed this is just media throwing BS out there first NJ now NY whats next houstan dallas feb24 thats when it happens otherwise he's gone as FA

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Broussard painted a very bleak picture for Nets fans on SC. Basically saying he would be stunned if Melo agreed to go to NJ and that Melo is in a Knicks or bust mode

broussard is a douche.

cheetos185
01-12-2011, 02:07 AM
knicks shouldn't make this move. they are good where they are at now and sending 3 of their 5 starters to Denver makes no sense to me.

actually it's 2 of gallo chandler fields plus pick and curry in the end i think knicks only give up 1 of our starters for melo and take back al buckets and balkman this is what donnie will do not saying it will happen though

Jahari Kavi
01-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Knicks are dumb if they don't trade. This team while competitive will never be a serious conteder with how they are currently constructed. You make this trade every time even if it means bringing back Harrington

D Roses Bulls
01-12-2011, 02:20 AM
If the Knicks gut their roster for him, new york fans better call for a firing of walsh

LeBroom
01-12-2011, 02:24 AM
What the hell are the other Fans here bitc*ing about?

"Oh no way WE TAKE AL BUCKETS, he's a Black Hole bla bla bla"

FOOLS. Do you want to stay in Mediocrity forever, or trade for Carmelo Anthony, a GUY WHO CAN DEFINITELY take us to where we need to be.

New York shouldn't SETTLE for the Playoffs. We need a Damn Championship. And if taking back Al Harrington is what needs to be done to acquire Anthony (without giving up the whole farm) then DO IT. It's a no-brainer.

ThornMo
01-12-2011, 02:25 AM
he's going to stay... should new york or new jersey trade for melo their immediately put in the same situation as denver with uncertainty of him signing an extension. of course its more likely he signs with new york, why wouldn't they just keep their core intact and acquire him in free agency and lose nothing. its understandable denver really wants to trade him for a lot of talent in return. but what team is willing to give up all that talent for something they can get in the off season. i just don't see anything happening here

HeaTxRipZz
01-12-2011, 02:28 AM
he's going to stay... should new york or new jersey trade for melo their immediately put in the same situation as denver with uncertainty of him signing an extension. of course its more likely he signs with new york, why wouldn't they just keep their core intact and acquire him in free agency and lose nothing. its understandable denver really wants to trade him for a lot of talent in return. but what team is willing to give up all that talent for something they can get in the off season. i just don't see anything happening here

I'm sure other Ny and NJ fans will point out like they have a billion times if he's traded to NJ or NY there is no uncertainty because like many other teams in the league they won't do the deal without a commitment from Carmelo. It's pretty much a extend and trade deal with most teams there are a few who are willing to take him as a rental

nystandup
01-12-2011, 02:29 AM
What the hell are the other Fans here bitc*ing about?

"Oh no way WE TAKE AL BUCKETS, he's a Black Hole bla bla bla"

FOOLS. Do you want to stay in Mediocrity forever, or trade for Carmelo Anthony, a GUY WHO CAN DEFINITELY take us to where we need to be.

New York shouldn't SETTLE for the Playoffs. We need a Damn Championship. And if taking back Al Harrington is what needs to be done to acquire Anthony (without giving up the whole farm) then DO IT. It's a no-brainer.

100% agree. you get the stars and build the team around amare felton and melo

ThornMo
01-12-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm sure other Ny and NJ fans will point out like they have a billion times if he's traded to NJ or NY there is no uncertainty because like many other teams in the league they won't do the deal without a commitment from Carmelo. It's pretty much a extend and trade deal with most teams there are a few who are willing to take him as a rental

right, and if he was willing to sign with either team he would have said so already... and he hasn't. and thats why he'll remain a nugget

nystandup
01-12-2011, 02:36 AM
right, and if he was willing to sign with either team he would have said so already... and he hasn't. and thats why he'll remain a nugget

huh? what are you talking about, you think IF he had the opportunity to be traded to the Knicks and Denver did it that he wouldn't sign the extension? Have you been hiding under ground the past few months?

HeaTxRipZz
01-12-2011, 02:37 AM

lol and that's what reports have said as far as the NJ situation is that the big hold up outside of Denver being flaky with adding new thing into the deal is that they haven't even gotten an commitment from Carmelo

As far as the Knicks they haven't even gotten that far yet so how would he already be there?

Kenny
01-12-2011, 02:41 AM
those who think he wouldn't sign a extension with the Knicks are just clueless

ThornMo
01-12-2011, 02:42 AM
yeah, the knicks won't trade for him this year. they'll sign him in july.

nystandup
01-12-2011, 02:46 AM
yeah, the knicks won't trade for him this year. they'll sign him in july.

what makes you think thats a possibility?

The whole point of Denver going through all this trouble right now is so they can get something back for melo leaving. They dont want to end up like the Cavs or Raptors did last summer.

Believe me after this whole mess happening on and off the court because of the Melo situation hanging over their heads, he's gunna be traded by Feb 24th.

ThornMo
01-12-2011, 02:56 AM
is it smart for new york to lose randoplh, chandler, and gallinari and add melo this season, or keep them all and add him in the off season. of course denver wants to trade melo, but new york doesn't have to say yes

nystandup
01-12-2011, 03:04 AM
Melo's gunna want his max money, so if the Knicks did do that I think it would be a slap in the face to melo and could end up back firing on them. If they have a chance to get Melo now they gotta do it. I think its worth it.

ThornMo
01-12-2011, 03:05 AM
what makes you think thats a possibility?

The whole point of Denver going through all this trouble right now is so they can get something back for melo leaving. They dont want to end up like the Cavs or Raptors did last summer.

Believe me after this whole mess happening on and off the court because of the Melo situation hanging over their heads, he's gunna be traded by Feb 24th.

but you are right about that, by then the nuggets will be willing to settle for less than they feel they deserve in a trade

nysportsfan02
01-12-2011, 03:08 AM
is it smart for new york to lose randoplh, chandler, and gallinari and add melo this season, or keep them all and add him in the off season. of course denver wants to trade melo, but new york doesn't have to say yes

People need to stop thinking Walsh can just sign him at the max and "add him" to the pieces here already.

Chandler would most likely be gone then but chances of resigning him go up if Melo gets traded here.

nystandup
01-12-2011, 03:08 AM
i think thats what the knicks are hoping for

nystandup
01-12-2011, 03:09 AM
People need to stop thinking Walsh can just sign him at the max and "add him" to the pieces here already.

Chandler would most likely be gone then but chances of resigning him go up if Melo gets traded here.

yeah that too

nystandup
01-12-2011, 03:17 AM

I'm sure Donnie would be able to do some maneuvering with their roster in the offseason to keep Chandler and Melo, thats if hes not in the trade but who knows anymore.....

I feel like this is just the hot topic tonight and there will be something new tomorrow to talk about.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Rockets play their hand because Denver could get some nice pieces from them if Melo is willing to sign the extension with them. I think they are the dark horse in this whole thing. With Knicks luck something like that will happen.

AddiX
01-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Wouldn't chandler have to agree to sign an extension too? He loves NY.

And also, everyone and there mother said the Nugs were stupid to give Harrington a 3 year, now these fools want to send him back here.:facepalm:

I really don't want to see Fields or Chandler go one bit. Gallo/Randoloph I can care less about.

So I'm guessing Rip Hamilton and Billups aren't enough to get Melo in NJ.:D

meloman1592
01-12-2011, 03:39 AM
plzzzzz ny get something done

MackShock
01-12-2011, 04:13 AM
theres a likelier chance he goes to NJ..they have assets Ujiri wants

nystandup
01-12-2011, 04:14 AM
After hearing Carmelo Anthony(notes) express public doubts over the New York Knicks’ desire and need for him, Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) reached out to tell the Denver Nuggets star that he “wants him in New York,” a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday.

The Knicks’ forward recently contacted Anthony via text message with a two-fold agenda: Make sure Anthony knows that Stoudemire himself wants Anthony at his side, and push Anthony to resist a proposed trade to the New Jersey Nets. Stoudemire is sensitive to public suggestions that he would prefer to play without a Madison Square Garden co-star and has repeatedly expressed that to Anthony.
More From Adrian Wojnarowski

As momentum ground to a crawl for a three-team deal with the Nuggets, Nets and Detroit Pistons on Tuesday, the Knicks kept hope they could overcome several hurdles to make a deal for Anthony. And none remains bigger than the fact the Nuggets prefer the Nets’ package of players and draft picks over New York’s assets.

Anthony has delivered mixed messages on his desire to sign a contract extension with the Nuggets. He’s told two teammates he would ultimately be fine joining the Nets, and pushed his agent, Leon Rose, to help construct a package of players to go to the Nets with him. Nevertheless, Anthony has been wildly back and forth on his willingness to compromise with the Nets over the Knicks.

Denver general manager Masai Ujiri has twice moved to the cusp of a trade only to back away and press a reset button. It happened once in September in a four-team trade and again on Sunday night. Several rival team executives rolled their eyes over the Nuggets’ tantrum directed at the Nets on Monday, mocking Denver for its threat to punish New Jersey for perceived leaks by trading Anthony to rival New York.

“Just for the sake of sanity, what would Denver do if Jersey told them, ‘OK, go ahead and trade him to New York?’ ” one Eastern Conference front-office official said.

With so many moving parts, and so many people involved, that’s a difficult proposition in this digital age. What’s more, Ujiri has been making calls to Eastern and Western Conference teams trying to find a team to take New Jersey point guard Devin Harris(notes), league sources said. Harris is still a player the Nuggets don’t control, and yet he’s shopping him around the league. Those calls contribute to details escaping, but then Ujiri has never made a trade in the NBA and he’s been thrust into one of the most volatile in the league’s recent history.

Anthony is at the center of one more public brawl between the Nets and Knicks. New Jersey’s corporate public-relations flak sent out a photo update on the construction of the Nets’ new Brooklyn Arena with a declaration that it will be opening in the 2012-13 season. All along, Brooklyn has been the selling point for Anthony. He was born in Brooklyn and raised in Baltimore.

“They’ve sold him on being the ‘guy’ moving into Brooklyn, having the whole thing built and marketed around him,” one league official said. “That appeals to him, but the Garden is still the Garden. It’s New York.”

For the Nets, they have a better case to be made selling a grainy construction photo than the young 7-footer that they promised Anthony, 26, would be a pillar beside him for the next decade. The regression of Brook Lopez(notes) hasn’t gone unnoticed with Anthony. Lopez had been pitched to Anthony as a future 20-point, 10-rebound All-Star center. Only now, he’s averaging 18 points and 5.9 rebounds. One former Nets coach believes Lopez suffered with the loss of Vince Carter(notes) and would greatly benefit playing next to Anthony. “He needs someone to take the pressure off him offensively,” the coach said. “He’s not ready to handle all that defensive attention.”

Lopez’s rebounding has always been an issue, but this season’s drop has perplexed the Nets. Perhaps no player has struggled more with the trade cloud this season, but as one official said, “He’s the one guy who never has never been in the talks and never will.”

For now, the Nets stay in the discussions for Anthony, but the Knicks are still lurking in the distance. Amar’e Stoudemire sent one more message to the Nuggets star, and it was simple: Let’s do this, ’Melo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonystoudemire011111

colinskik
01-12-2011, 04:49 AM

This really hit home. Does Denver even realize how this whole process even works? Melo has made it clear that he will only sign an extension with NY so why not try to work around that and get something for Melo instead of ending up like a team that scores 57 points against the Lakers tonight.

The following are what the Knicks should be willing to give up: Gallinari, Curry's expiring, Anthony Randolph (or a 1st round pick they may be able to get for him), and Roger Mason Jr.

Fields is too important for chemistry reasons and Chandler is so versatile and important on both ends of the floor for the Knicks, plus he can play the 2, 3, or 5 ... Gallo can only really play the 3, a little 4. Melo replaces Gallo and is a huge upgrade. Chandler can compliment Melo, plus, Chandler can guard a wide range of players.

After hearing Carmelo Anthony(notes) express public doubts over the New York Knicks’ desire and need for him, Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) reached out to tell the Denver Nuggets star that he “wants him in New York,” a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday.

For the Nets, they have a better case to be made selling a grainy construction photo than the young 7-footer that they promised Anthony, 26, would be a pillar beside him for the next decade. The regression of Brook Lopez(notes) hasn’t gone unnoticed with Anthony. Lopez had been pitched to Anthony as a future 20-point, 10-rebound All-Star center. Only now, he’s averaging 18 points and 5.9 rebounds. One former Nets coach believes Lopez suffered with the loss of Vince Carter(notes) and would greatly benefit playing next to Anthony. “He needs someone to take the pressure off him offensively,” the coach said. “He’s not ready to handle all that defensive attention.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonystoudemire011111

What do you guys think of this? Since Lopez is on my fantasy team I've been thinking about it a lot. Does Brook benefit by playing with a superstar like Melo, or does Melo take away shots from Brook thereby lowering his scoring and making him look like even more of an average player, i.e. should I trade him now while I have the chance or hold onto him and hope Anthony goes there and improves his game?

arkanian215
01-12-2011, 04:58 AM
This really hit home. Does Denver even realize how this whole process even works? Melo has made it clear that he will only sign an extension with NY so why not try to work around that and get something for Melo instead of ending up like a team that scores 57 points against the Lakers tonight.

The following are what the Knicks should be willing to give up: Gallinari, Curry's expiring, Anthony Randolph (or a 1st round pick they may be able to get for him), and Roger Mason Jr.

Fields is too important for chemistry reasons and Chandler is so versatile and important on both ends of the floor for the Knicks, plus he can play the 2, 3, or 5 ... Gallo can only really play the 3, a little 4. Melo replaces Gallo and is a huge upgrade. Chandler can compliment Melo, plus, Chandler can guard a wide range of players.

What do you guys think of this? Since Lopez is on my fantasy team I've been thinking about it a lot. Does Brook benefit by playing with a superstar like Melo, or does Melo take away shots from Brook thereby lowering his scoring and making him look like even more of an average player, i.e. should I trade him now while I have the chance or hold onto him and hope Anthony goes there and improves his game?

So far Melo's reps haven't told the Nets no for a fact. Charlotte was given a straight up no. Until the Nets get a straight up no, I don't buy that the Knicks are the only team that he would consider.

Lopez's rebounding numbers benefited from being next to a weaker rebounder for the first two seasons (Yi). Now he has the 4th best rebounder in the league next to him in Hump (for guys who play at least 15 minutes and at least 30 games so far) and Favors (25th in the league same restrictions). Brook shot a decent percentage his rookie season when he was less polished than he is now. VC made both Brook and Devin better. Folks were predicting that the Nets would win 20ish games that season and came away with 34. Neither Brook nor Devin are primary options. So if you're in a category league his FG% will go up, rebs should be slightly up without Favors and I expect blocks to be up as well. Brook often plays soft on defense because he thinks he has to stay out of foul trouble and backs away from contact instead of challenging the shot. With a guy like Melo there, there will be less pressure for him to play the way he did in year 2.

sharqstealth
01-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Cmon Melo bring your talents to New York and not to New Jersey! Do what makes you happy. NJ is garbage, and they'll never win the hearts of NY!

colinskik
01-12-2011, 05:50 AM
So far Melo's reps haven't told the Nets no for a fact. Charlotte was given a straight up no. Until the Nets get a straight up no, I don't buy that the Knicks are the only team that he would consider.

Lopez's rebounding numbers benefited from being next to a weaker rebounder for the first two seasons (Yi). Now he has the 4th best rebounder in the league next to him in Hump (for guys who play at least 15 minutes and at least 30 games so far) and Favors (25th in the league same restrictions). Brook shot a decent percentage his rookie season when he was less polished than he is now. VC made both Brook and Devin better. Folks were predicting that the Nets would win 20ish games that season and came away with 34. Neither Brook nor Devin are primary options. So if you're in a category league his FG% will go up, rebs should be slightly up without Favors and I expect blocks to be up as well. Brook often plays soft on defense because he thinks he has to stay out of foul trouble and backs away from contact instead of challenging the shot. With a guy like Melo there, there will be less pressure for him to play the way he did in year 2.
This is a damn good analysis but unfortunately I still have no idea whether to trade him... It seems realistic that his lack of defensive intensity is a product of knowing he has to stay out of foul trouble as the main scoring option.

I tend to think that he can only improve if Melo comes aboard, which as a Knick fan and New York sports fan I would actually love to see. Hopefully something happens soon!

metsfanssince05
01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I'd give Gallo (were playing great without him 3-1 since hes been injured) and maybe Fields, maybe try and get a first for AR instead of fields and Curry?

SteBO
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
You guys have to remember that Melo can easily end this by telling management, "New York or nothing". There's a good chance this deal will fall through, simply because Melo has no interest in NJ. If he did, this probably would've been done already. One question though:

"Do you guys think that maybe 'Melo's holding out on this trade a little bit because of thursday night, when Miami plays the Nuggets on TNT?" I would think that Melo really wants to play in that game.

LanceUpperCut
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I would laugh my *** off if Melo doesn't sign an extension with who ever he gets traded to and then signs back with Denver. He would be my hero

goose15
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
everyone is gonna be shocked when Melo is traded and signs with Milwaukee

PennyMy#1
01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
everyone is gonna be shocked when Melo is traded and signs with Milwaukee

Or the Lakers.

gaughan333
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Cavs. See if he can do what LBJ couldn't. Seriously though, I'd like to see him go to the Knicks already. Denver is being annoying with these demands they are making.

jetsfan28
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM

Only piece that would need to leave is Chandler. And MAYBE they would need to trade Randolph, which they'll likely do anyway. Other than that, it would be adding him on.

jiggin
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
if the nuggets weren't asking for so damn much they might have this done and got back some VERY solid pieces to build around. Instead, they are going to wear out their welcome on the topic and end up getting very little compared to what they want.

PS - they are not going to get Batum from the blazers, they need to look elsewhere if that is part of their equation

Robbw241
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM

He definitely will improve. He gets double teamed every trip down the floor now, sometimes triple teamed. Plus you wouldn't get any value for him now in a trade.

jiggin
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
He definitely will improve. He gets double teamed every trip down the floor now, sometimes triple teamed. Plus you wouldn't get any value for him now in a trade.

since when does any team triple team a player? seriously.

full court or half court press aside...

I wish teams would try and triple team my favorites...that would leave so many open players on the floor, scoring wouldn't be difficult at all once you made an adjustment.

Bobshirleyrules
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
He might be coming to NY, but on our terms. Look Melo has the right to want to play where he wants to, and NJ is not where he wants to play. Denver won't be able to make a trade to NJ without Melo being locked up.

Melo is going to be a Knick and it won't cost much!

jiggin
01-12-2011, 01:13 PM
He might be coming to NY, but on our terms. Look Melo has the right to want to play where he wants to, and NJ is not where he wants to play. Denver won't be able to make a trade to NJ without Melo being locked up.

Melo is going to be a Knick and it won't cost much!

when you get done smoking that pipe, pass it this way. Melo is going to cost the Knicks, that's just common sense chiming in to remind you.

Melo only has the power to say he won't sign an extension...that is it. He could be traded anywhere, and he couldn't do **** about it, nor could the Knicks. See they want him on their team, but don't have him...so that puts them everywhere BUT the drivers seat in this deal.

Now, there probably aren't a lot of teams that would want a 1/2 year rental of melo...but it could happen if someone offered up enough to have the nuggets decide they will take that over trying to deal with the Knicks and their less than professional business dealings.

oak2455
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
when you get done smoking that pipe, pass it this way. Melo is going to cost the Knicks, that's just common sense chiming in to remind you.

Melo only has the power to say he won't sign an extension...that is it. He could be traded anywhere, and he couldn't do **** about it, nor could the Knicks. See they want him on their team, but don't have him...so that puts them everywhere BUT the drivers seat in this deal.

Now, there probably aren't a lot of teams that would want a 1/2 year rental of melo...but it could happen if someone offered up enough to have the nuggets decide they will take that over trying to deal with the Knicks and their less than professional business dealings.
This reminds me of the Johan Santana deal and how did that work out for the Twinkies:confused:

sintaks12
01-12-2011, 02:01 PM

I beg to differ. While they're not "in the drivers seat" they have absolutely nothing to lose in this situation. Donnie is a great GM and will not make a trade that guts the team. NY is 7 wins away from last year's total and the season isn't halfway over. All hate aside, they are legitimately one athletic/defensive big and a backup pg away from competing with the elite. People keep saying they're "going to come down to earth" and "they aren't playing anyone." They have quality wins over quality teams and they continue to prove the doubters wrong. Donnie will not... repeat, will not... let Denver publicly punk him like Billy King. Just not happening. So he will give his offer and if they like it, great. If they don't, great. We'll go get the missing pieces and move on. It's win-win for NY IMO.

xxplayerxx23
01-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I would offer curry, Galo fields, I dont think they want chandler because he might not want to sign. ANyway then try and trade randolph, a seconder rounder and maybe mosgif for a big maybe a dalenbert type guy.

jiggin
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Donnie will not... repeat, will not... let Denver publicly punk him like Billy King. Just not happening. So he will give his offer and if they like it, great. If they don't, great. We'll go get the missing pieces and move on. It's win-win for NY IMO.

they already have started...they told him to not go public with talks about the trade and he did. They came back (in a very inmature way) to remind him that he is not in the drivers seat, they are...and that if he doesn't basically shut the **** up and act professional about this, they will move him elsewhere and they can fight for him via free agency with the other teams that will put in offers, maybe more money.

This mentality that the knicks control any of this is ridiculous. The world does not revolve around them...and I think it would be hilarious if after the way this has been handled by the Knicks that Melo was traded somewhere else and then was offered a ton of money somewhere else with good players and he lands there.

Knicks, like how they handled trying to get LBJ, are not professional or anywhere close to being elite when it comes to trades dealing with offers and trades.

Take off the homer glasses and you will see better.

DoMeFavors
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Just wondering say Melo goes in FA and the Knicks sign him does that mean they cant resign Chandler? or not give up a big contract and match what other teams might give him?

arkanian215
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
since when does any team triple team a player? seriously.

full court or half court press aside...

I wish teams would try and triple team my favorites...that would leave so many open players on the floor, scoring wouldn't be difficult at all once you made an adjustment.

Nah Lopez actually gets triple teamed at times, especially lately. Without Morrow, we don't have a reliable jump shooter on the wing. Neither Hump or Favors have a reliable mid range shot yet so when either of those two step out so Lopez gets more room to work with (in theory) on the ball, you get the guys guarding either Outlaw, Graham or Vujacic (all shooting at or under 40%) coming in as well on top of the PF defender cutting off the middle of the lane.

arkanian215
01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Just wondering say Melo goes in FA and the Knicks sign him does that mean they cant resign Chandler? or not give up a big contract and match what other teams might give him?

Yeah they won't be able to sign Chandler, at least with the current CBA. The Knicks can remedy this via a sign and trade with Denver. If it comes to that, I think pretty much all teams decide to go with a sign and trade rather than getting absolutely nothing back. Even if it's a TPE and one or two first rounders, that's better than nothing. If they manage a sign and trade, then they can also re-sign Chandler.

Ebbs
I think they may better be off without him this season. They have played pretty well. And Gallo, Chandler, Fields all could be studs. Like they said Melo might just sign with them in the offseason anyway.

CostanzaNumba0

Yeah basically

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 02:35 PM
no way we're giving up 2 starters and an expiring, thats nuts, they can have AR4 gallo a couple future 2nds and currys expiring thats it..donnie is no dummy he knows who holds the cards

:eyebrow:

Were talkin about the same guy who traded all your picks away for cap space and hired isiah thomas to set ur team back and out of the playoffs for all these years right?

Ya he definitley isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer.

sintaks12
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
they already have started...they told him to not go public with talks about the trade and he did. They came back (in a very inmature way) to remind him that he is not in the drivers seat, they are...and that if he doesn't basically shut the **** up and act professional about this, they will move him elsewhere and they can fight for him via free agency with the other teams that will put in offers, maybe more money.

This mentality that the knicks control any of this is ridiculous. The world does not revolve around them...and I think it would be hilarious if after the way this has been handled by the Knicks that Melo was traded somewhere else and then was offered a ton of money somewhere else with good players and he lands there.

Knicks, like how they handled trying to get LBJ, are not professional or anywhere close to being elite when it comes to trades dealing with offers and trades.

Take off the homer glasses and you will see better.

Never said the world revolved around them. How are we being unprofessional? Denver has refused to deal with us so far, period. Don't let the opinions of a few Knicks fans cloud your perception of the Knick FO. And, if thinking my team is in a good position regardless of where Melo goes means I'm a homer, then yep... I'm homer.

Sandman
01-12-2011, 02:40 PM

Were talkin about the same guy who traded all your picks away for cap space
Yup. Draft picks don't look to be too high, and the cap space netted us Stoudemire and Felton.

and hired isiah thomas to set ur team back and out of the playoffs for all these years right?
:confused:

NY-SportsFan
01-12-2011, 02:40 PM

Were talkin about the same guy who traded all your picks away for cap space and hired isiah thomas to set ur team back and out of the playoffs for all these years right?

Dolan hired isaiah, not Donnie. Donnie replaced Isaiah.

Also, those who are saying the Knicks will not take back a bad contract, and will use the money that that contact would take up to sign someone else are clueless. if we trade for Melo, we will be over the cap once he signs the extension. The extra contract will not make a difference with cap room at that point, and if you know anything about James Dolan, he will not let more luxary tax get in the way of making a deal. If the Knicks have to take a bad contract and it means we can hold onto an additional asset such as Fields, they will do it.

sintaks12
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM

Donnie had nothing to do with Isiah. He is a VERY respected GM in this league, dating back to his days in Indiana. He's done an amazing job in righting the ship in NY. If you think otherwise, then you're either a hater or just clueless. Either way, your opinion is irrelevant.

nystandup
01-12-2011, 02:42 PM

what are you talking about? Donnie was hired to get rid of the mess Isiah made..... worked out well if you ask me

BigBlueCrew
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM

What did Donnie Walsh do? Hire isiah thomas then fire him and then rehire himself?

Its you who is the dullard.

joeboow90
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM

....looks like you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Donnie Walsh is a great GM, he had nothing to do with that bum Isiah thomas he actullay replaced him as GM of the knicks. looks like you just started watching basketball after lebron came to the heat:eyebrow:

nystandup
01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
....looks like you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Donnie Walsh is a great GM, he had nothing to do with that bum Isiah thomas he actullay replaced him as GM of the knicks. looks like you just started watching basketball after lebron came to the heat:eyebrow:

Unfortunately that's the case with a lot of Heat fans

CostanzaNumba0
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM

I normally don't like to insult people, but you are a simpleton, donnie has been around 2 years, dolan hired isiah, donnie wanted no part of isiah,
Donnie has singlehandedly turned around the organization and found gems late in the dradt, landry fields is the 2nd best rookie in the nba and felton is probably the biggest steal of the free agent class, i would looooooooooooooove to know when you started following basketball because its obvious you have zero clue

Slimsim
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM

:facepalm:

Picks are overrated I would trade all my first round picks for a landry fields type player in the second round

oak2455
01-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Were talkin about the same guy who traded all your picks away for cap space and hired isiah thomas to set ur team back and out of the playoffs for all these years right?:confused:

- You sure your not talking in the third person:D
This is the best Quote of all time :clap:

Kashmir13579
01-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Won't happen.

oak2455
01-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately that's the case with a lot of Heat fans

They are called front runners:D

nystandup
Stefan Bondy NYDNInterNets Rare sighting at shootaround: Irina Pavlova, Prokhorov’s messenger. She seeks out Avery and leaves the court with him.

15carlos21
if the Knicks have a chance to get Melo they need to pull the trigger....waiting is too risky....they cant afford to trade both Fields and Chandler but you let the Nuggets pick one and give them whoever else they want like Gallo, Randolph and Curry....Fields and Chandler are replaceable, but getting another Melo is almost impossible...Get the superstars and them build around them, not the other way around where u build around role players

BigBlueCrew
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
so thats what a PSD crucifixion feels like??

RE: not the sharpest knife in the drawer

Kashmir13579
01-12-2011, 02:58 PM

thats up to Melo but it almost seems likely. probably a lot of tampering going on.

Kashmir13579
01-12-2011, 02:59 PM

:facepalm:

AddiX
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't believe any beat writer who has a source that says 50-50. How the heck can it be 50-50? It's either going good or going bad.

I mean, who are these guys sources who would actually leak this kind of info and say 50-50? It's a bunch of BS.

29$JerZ
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
DOnnie is not going to gut the team unless Melo does something bold like publically say he'll sign an extension with NJ if he is going to be traded.

Kashmir13579
01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
DOnnie is not going to gut the team unless Melo does something bold like publically say he'll sign an extension with NJ if he is going to be traded.

Lets pray that doesnt happen.

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Yup. Draft picks don't look to be too high, and the cap space netted us Stoudemire and Felton.

:confused:

They were this past draft (9th) and u dont have any in the near future for any type of leverage or assets to trade. Draft picks are chips that teams cuvet hence why Knicks havent gotten a trade done and why walsh is scattering for one and was even quoted saying he wish he hadnt traded them away. Ya amare and felton sure were worth not being relevant in basketball the past what 7-9 years with no playoff appearence?

SOrry your right great job Donnie walsh 7-9 years and u got amare and felton WOOOOO!! GM of the decade right there.

29$JerZ
01-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Also NY doesn't need Melo as badly as people think we do.

If he stays in Denver or goes to NJ NY still has Chandler and enough to go get a legit C and backup PG so it's nothing like the 2010 thing. Our team just needs additions.

Melo is plan A
Retaining Wilson is plan B

If NJ was as big a threat to get Melo the only one who ruined it was Melo himself.

29$JerZ
01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
They were this past draft (9th) and u dont have any in the near future for any type of leverage or assets to trade. Draft picks are chips that teams cuvet hence why Knicks havent gotten a trade done and why walsh is scattering for one and was even quoted saying he wish he hadnt traded them away. Ya amare and felton sure were worth not being relevant in basketball the past what 7-9 years with no playoff appearence?

SOrry your right great job Donnie walsh 7-9 years and u got amare and felton WOOOOO!! GM of the decade right there.

We traded Renaldo Balkman for a 2nd rounder that turned out to be Landry Fields. That was Walsh's doing.

We traded Hill who still hasn't shined yet, Jared Jefferies, and a 2012 pick which means nothing sine NY is clearly a playoff team in the East to help make getting Felton/Amar'e easier.

Donnie hasn't even been a GM here for 5 years, where you get the 7-9 years? Did you miss the Isiah/Layden/Brown days?

Someone is either misinform or just clueless to basketball outside his own state.

jetsfan28
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM

WTF are you talking about? Donnie got the job in April 2008. Know what you're takling about if you're going to criticize the guy.

CostanzaNumba0
so thats what a PSD crucifixion feels like??

RE: not the sharpest knife in the drawer

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, he's being drawn and quartered via PSD

Hoopsadvocate
Also NY doesn't need Melo as badly as people think we do.

If he stays in Denver or goes to NJ NY still has Chandler and enough to go get a legit C and backup PG so it's nothing like the 2010 thing. Our team just needs additions.

Melo is plan A
Retaining Wilson is plan B

If NJ was as big a threat to get Melo the only one who ruined it was Melo himself.

I agree with this. Melo just gives u more offense, and you guys already have plenty of that and wilson chandler has been great all around in points and on the boards. Getting a legit center and playing some defense would go a much longer way than melo alone.

sintaks12
01-12-2011, 03:11 PM

LOL, you're not helping your case with posts like this. I'm speechless.

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
We traded Renaldo Balkman for a 2nd rounder that turned out to be Landry Fields. That was Walsh's doing.

We traded Hill who still hasn't shined yet, Jared Jefferies, and a 2012 pick which means nothing sine NY is clearly a playoff team in the East to help make getting Felton/Amar'e easier.

Donnie hasn't even been a GM here for 5 years, where you get the 7-9 years? Did you miss the Isiah/Layden/Brown days?

Someone is either misinform or just clueless to basketball outside his own state.

i thought it was donnie my b. we dont have a gm just a pres we used to have a gm so i thought isiash was hired by donnie (pres).

CostanzaNumba0
01-12-2011, 03:13 PM

stop, you are digging yourself an insurmountable hole here, you literally have no clue what you're talking about,, the mess walsh inherited was one of the worst in nba history and he flipped it in two years, we are the 2nd youngest team in the nba and we're KILLING it right now..know whats good for whats left of ur rep and recuse yourself from this conversation

29$JerZ
01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
i thought it was donnie my b. we dont have a gm just a pres we used to have a gm so i thought isiash was hired by donnie (pres).

No problem. You should research others teams though if you make claims like that.

Dolan is the owner and hired guys like Isiah,Layden to be GM and Brown to be Coach when we were known as the Circus Knicks.

Donnie got the job in 08.

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
stop, you are digging yourself an insurmountable hole here, you literally have no clue what you're talking about,, the mess walsh inherited was one of the worst in nba history and he flipped it in two years, we are the 2nd youngest team in the nba and we're KILLING it right now..know whats good for whats left of ur rep and recuse yourself from this conversation

calm down i apologized in the last page for being misinformed. But dont kid urself ur not killing nothing...

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
No problem. You should research others teams though if you make claims like that.

Dolan is the owner and hired guys like Isiah,Layden to be GM and Brown to be Coach when we were known as the Circus Knicks.

Donnie got the job in 08.

thanks for the adult response. ill make sure to remmeber that next time dolans the idiot (;))

stilll i did read an article where donnie is quoted saying he regrets trading away the pics. which is still just bad

sintaks12

And who is to say that if the Knicks somehow get to 45-50 wins, that Donnie isn't up for executive of the year? Probably not, but he would be on the short list. I'm sure Riley would get it... but should credit Wade for all the leg work :)

colinskik
calm down i apologized in the last page for being misinformed. But dont kid urself ur not killing nothing...
Dude, you already got crucified. Don't talk anymore smack before you do a little bit of research. Even just a tiny bit will go a long way for you.

faze38
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
It makes me laugh that Bulls fans are like" don't do it!" They just don't want us to really start stomping them out worse then we already are because they know Melo will make us an elite team. I mean we are on the brink of being an elite team. If we can keep one of our current starts out of Gallo and Chandler we are going to be a problem and if people don't believe that they must be out of their tree! I bet that after we get Melo, Buike will be ready to play and then we can make a play for a solid big man but we have to make it a point not to take back Al because he will ruin our chances at a decent big man! I think we should try and work out a 3 or 4 team trade that gets us Melo plus Camby or Dalembert and then we are looking like a complete team. I mean we may not want Al but some other teams could use him!

Hoopsadvocate
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Dude, you already got crucified. Don't talk anymore smack before you do a little bit of research. Even just a tiny bit will go a long way for you.

i would have if they had been relevant the past couple years its like doing research on the bucks before they got bogut or jennings. nobody cares to do it (besides home fans obviously)... sorry just the truth.

doesnt mean i cant ever disagree especially once i owned up to it. what u call talking smack i call the truth (ur not killing anything)

omdigga
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
i would have if they had been relevant the past couple years its like doing research on the bucks before they got bogut or jennings. nobody cares to do it (besides home fans obviously)... sorry just the truth.

doesnt mean i cant ever disagree especially once i owned up to it. what u call talking smack i call the truth (ur not killing anything)

:bla: .... u need to know at least a little about a team before u can truly talk smack...

:offtopic: ... isnt the intro video for the miami heat home game the gayest intro of basketball history... i mean a GQ shoot with phil colins "air of the night" in the background.. i guess its working.. but the fans should organize a protest to change that ish..

29$JerZ
01-12-2011, 03:37 PM
thanks for the adult response. ill make sure to remmeber that next time dolans the idiot (;))

stilll i did read an article where donnie is quoted saying he regrets trading away the pics. which is still just bad

He liked Hill and we didn't get LeBron so the real purpose of the trade didn't fulfill itself.

However with the way we are playing, the fact Wilson is emerging as a legit starter for anyone, and we will either have Melo or Wilson/C/PG the trade isn't terrible.

faze38
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM

O please calm down now! I mean if u want to talk about us what is the Heats record against the Celtics the team that will most likely knock them out of the playoffs of course unless they get the chance to face the Magic a little earlier and get bounced in the second round. Yes we may not be beating the elite teams but last time I checked the magis are under .500 against them as well. I mean since when has being 2-5 against the real Championship contenders been killing it. So when u guys find a way to beat the healthy Mavs, Celtics, Magic and Lakers more then 50% of the time then u can talk to all of the mid pack teams and tell us were not killing it! Tell then enjoy a 60 win season with no championships!

Also I had to add this the second thing u added on your check list about the Heat having a good bench is just straight nuts! The Heat have a awful bench and is the reason why Lebron, Wade and Bosh need to combine for 70+ points against good teams to win! Lucky for u guys Wade and Lebron can handle most of that work because Bosh tends to be caught slipping at times!

colinskik
01-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Nope.

If I were to make some idiotic comment about the Bucks I would make sure I knew what the f I was talking about because, unlike you, I don't like looking like a moron. And when the Heat were stinking it up I didn't go around spewing untruths just because they were bad. You crazy, fool.

As for the Knicks, they are in the upper tier of teams in the East (those being the 6 in the East with winning records) and are poised to make a move before the deadline that will improve the team. In terms of what we have been and what we were expected to do, we're killin' it.

Step down, son.

thekmp211
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
knicks should do it if they can hang onto landry fields.

felton
fields
melo
amare
turiaf

douglas walker williams

that team will be fine, trade for a big or two.

metsfanssince05
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
can we just pleasee end thissuhhhh :cry: :(

CostanzaNumba0
01-12-2011, 04:12 PM

well i hope you enjoy living in ignorance, you've so far admitted to knowing nothing so why do you feel the need to contribute further?

NYtilIdie
01-12-2011, 04:33 PM
I'd rather just take our chances in FA then deal with Al "I GET BUCKETS" Harrington for the next 4 years.

The L Train
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM

:clap:
Exactly.

Donnie Walsh, to me, is one of the smartest guys in sports management. There's no way he's gonna trade Chandler and Gallo and Fields and Curry for a guy he can sign in 6 months. He should propose exactly the trade you said, and that should get it done.

No way Melo, or anybody honestly, is worth trading away 3 starters for.

el_primo_nano
01-12-2011, 11:36 PM
The Knicks have all the leverage so they can tell the Nuggets to go to hell and not take Harrington and his ridiculous contract. Sucks for the Nuggets, great for the Knicks

NBA-GMaster
01-12-2011, 11:47 PM
WOW!! Melo&Amare :drool:
I would like to see Nash to be their PG..

MrfadeawayJB
01-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Report:

There is still a 50/50 chance that this trade will not happen until right before all star weekend

Hoopsadvocate
01-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Oops

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 05:39 AM
If The Knicks decide to pass on Melo that would be great...Melo will be stuck in Denver the rest of this season crying like a spoiled child not getting his lollipop.

Now that's karma, LeBron.

I for one, think it's in the Knicks' best interest not to blow up the good thing they have going on just to get Melo. They don't need Melo...they need size. Marc Gasol is a much better fit for this team.

AI4MVP
01-13-2011, 05:42 AM
i think Carmelo just genuinely wants to play for his hometown team, and play at MSG

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 05:47 AM
I like the Gallo/Fields combo alot more than Melo to be honest. Melo is probably the best pure scorer in the league...but this entire ordeal just shows how immature he still is.

Plus The Knicks are getting it done with some really good snappy ball movement on offense. Having Melo, an ISO-scorer (and not the willingest passer I may add) will disrupt that nice consistent offensive flow.

Melo is just not worth it Knicks fans...get some defensive help and you guys can contend.

JayW_1023
01-13-2011, 06:44 PM
I beg to differ. While they're not "in the drivers seat" they have absolutely nothing to lose in this situation. Donnie is a great GM and will not make a trade that guts the team. NY is 7 wins away from last year's total and the season isn't halfway over. All hate aside, they are legitimately one athletic/defensive big and a backup pg away from competing with the elite. People keep saying they're "going to come down to earth" and "they aren't playing anyone." They have quality wins over quality teams and they continue to prove the doubters wrong. Donnie will not... repeat, will not... let Denver publicly punk him like Billy King. Just not happening. So he will give his offer and if they like it, great. If they don't, great. We'll go get the missing pieces and move on. It's win-win for NY IMO.

Wise words here. Very well said. And quote.