PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sentinel: Dwight is making a mistake if he goes to LA in 2012

MagicBucsSox
01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Be different Dwight Howard.

Separate yourself from the petulant pack.

Show the world you are not just another self-absorbed athlete stuck in a 24-7 cycle of me-me-me.

Tell ESPN to find programming somewhere else. You don't need your own stinkin' show to tell us where you want to bounce basketballs.

Avoid the Melo-Drama and stay with the Orlando Magic for the rest of your career.

Carmelo Anthony is the latest NBA star to put his team in the crosshairs as he wants to peddle his talents somewhere else because, as we all know, making $18.5 million a year and living in one of the greatest cities in America isn't enough to make Melo mellow.

We had ESPN's stupid "Decision" special last summer, staged by LeBron James, queen of the egotistical universe.

Shaquille O'Neal has been all over the place, possibly intent on playing for every NBA team before his career is finished.

Chris Paul is quiet now, but he's just laying in the weeds before starting to grumble again.

Can't we get a different take on the same 'ol story?

Can we end a new round of flimsy rumors that say you may ditch this small little pond to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers? PS: Another Superman already did that. I thought you wanted to establish your own super hero creds?

Dwight can make it happen. When the romance fades between a franchise and a superstar, the team is the one usually taking heat for not kowtowing to every demand. More money, better players, more luxury suite tickets.

The Orlando Magic haven't done a thing to betray their relationship with you and show their commitment is 100 percent. They've upgraded their roster over the years, bringing in Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu. When the team came up a few games short of winning an NBA title in 2009, the Magic let go of Turkoglu and brought in Vince Carter. And when that lineup failed, the Magic recently blew things up again, dumping Carter and Lewis, brought back Hedo, and adding Gilbert Arenas, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark.

The Magic are rolling now with the new/old guys. There is promise and potential now. Taking out the Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics and anybody else is very much a possibility during the playoffs.

Trying to win championships is all about evolving, changes pieces important ones, complementary ones here and there. The Magic have always been about that, Dwight. It's not been about saving money. It's always been about taking risks and having the courage and hindsight to kill one plan if another one doesn't work.

They have been loyal to you. You should be loyal to them.

Silence everybody who thinks you are just another high-priced mercenary, just like Melo. His teammates in Denver have grown tired of the daily distractions involving possible trades. It's a drain, understandably. You don't want to be a drain, Dwight.

There are more rumblings again, this one about a possible move to the Los Angeles when your free-agency kicks in July 2012. You're supposed to be smitten by a major market.

Hopefully that's not true Dwight. How lame and predictable. Kobe Bryant will be 34 by then. He's already beat up and past his prime.

You don't' need to go Hollywood, Dwight. The NBA is global. You can be huge literally and figuratively anywhere. Ask Tim Duncan.

He's stuck it out with San Antonio all these years. Got himself four NBA titles. Great reputation in the league and beyond.

It can be done.

Stay small here, and be a bigger man at the end of the day
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-diaz-dwight-howard-magic-0112-20110111,0,6054490.column

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM
dwight isnt going anywhere I dont think. good article though

MagicBucsSox
01-11-2011, 10:11 PM
i disagree, b/c yes tim duncan stayed in SA , but he was nearly on the Magic in 2000. and he always had alot of talent around him, yet alone a good PG and All star perimeter player unlike Dwight.

come 2012 the la roster could be Gasol,Dwight and Chirs Paul/Deron Williams. the day will come where LA will have to move Kobe like they did Shaq

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 10:13 PM
i disagree, b/c yes tim duncan stayed in SA , but he was nearly on the Magic in 2000. and he always had alot of talent around him, yet alone a good PG and All star perimeter player unlike Dwight.

come 2012 the la roster could be Gasol,Dwight and Chirs Paul/Deron Williams. the day will come where LA will have to move Kobe like they did Shaq

I think though he will realize the magic will do anything to please him and they have been so loyal. they gave dwight his shot and took the risk of taking him number 1. orlando loves him and in the end, I think he will realize orlando is where he wants to be.

MagicBucsSox
01-11-2011, 10:13 PM
lmao if Dwight become a FA it will be a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger deal than when LBJ was a FA. not cause the talent, but this is the best Center by far and Defensive player

td0tsfinest
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Dwight should go to LA and pair up with Blake Griffin. No man would be safe from being in a poster.

But in all seriousness, I hope he stays.

MagicBucsSox
01-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I think though he will realize the magic will do anything to please him and they have been so loyal. they gave dwight his shot and took the risk of taking him number 1. orlando loves him and in the end, I think he will realize orlando is where he wants to be.

yea, i hope he'll stay, but if LBJ left his home....................?

i think it'll come down to Orlando having to land Deron,Rondo,Rose or CP3 to get Dwight to stay

nickdymez
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM

Cleveland was loyal to Lebron and where did that get them?

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Cleveland was loyal to Lebron and where did that get them?

no offense to people from cleveland, but orlando and cleveland are two different places.

blueplanet
01-11-2011, 10:26 PM
IMO he's moving out IF Orlando doesn't win by 2012 (And honestly I don't them winning in 2 years). But a Dwight-CP3 combo would be deadly. I think CP3 is either pairing with Dwight or Melo or Amare.

thekmp211
01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
the problem, again, is that the magic have never paired howard with a young star that he can grow with. all his compliments are old, and that's a problem if rings aren't being won.

i hope he doesn't go to LA, but I could see him leaving if things don't change. and, contrary to the tone of this article, that's alright. he's allowed to move on and go for a ring.

ManRam
01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not worrying about this yet.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Ok, putting the bending before the wound?

I guess Lakers have already sold out Dwight on the idea..... sorry not lakers that woudl be tampering......Kobe or Pau have sold already dwight on the idea, we all know players talking ot other players is NOT tampering.......:p

Dr. RPG
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
It's 2011....were already talking about that Dwight would regret it if he went to another team a year and half from now? The media must have really ran out discussions to talk about.

IamKaiserSoze
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
cleveland and orlando are two very different places. having said that...what lebron did has no bearing on what dwight may or may not do. seperate individual and circumstances. dwight howard will consider leaving if he doesn't think the magic will be competitive. they will be. they are one of the best in the east. and if they sign another stud...

SB1
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I dont think he leaves but its too early to call right now.

MagicBucsSox
is it me but i cant see Dwight going to La w/o Phil Jackson. Especially since phil said if he started a team he'd take Dwight over Kobe,LBJ n Wade

still1ballin
Do it Mitch!

mttwlsn16
Dwight should go to LA and pair up with Blake Griffin. No man would be safe from being in a poster.

this
but Donald T Sterling would never pony up the cash...cheap bastard

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
any way, if Lakers call you you should always accept.
Same can be said bout celtics , bulls or knicks.
Thats how things are.

Flash3
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
lmao if Dwight become a FA it will be a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger deal than when LBJ was a FA. not cause the talent, but this is the best Center by far and Defensive player

:rolleyes:

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 10:42 PM
D12-Amar'e-Felton...How sweet it would be :)

I think Dwight stays in Orlando. They have shown a willingness to bring in any new talent they can and I think that will be something that speaks volumes to D12

ManRam
01-11-2011, 10:43 PM
]cleveland and orlando are two very different places.[/B] having said that...what lebron did has no bearing on what dwight may or may not do. seperate individual and circumstances. dwight howard will consider leaving if he doesn't think the magic will be competitive. they will be. they are one of the best in the east. and if they sign another stud...

While we haven't always done a great job of bringing in stars, we've shown that we can do it, and that some stars will want to come here. We got Grant and we got T-Mac...granted they probably came here because of each other. We've been able to trade for big names like Vince, Steve Francis, Gil, Shard, etc. That's better than Cleveland has ever been able to pull off, even with the best player in the league as bait. Again, it isn't absolutely amazing, but it does show that Orlando can bring in some help. Have we brought in the best #2 that Dwight needs...no, but we've continually made moves to try and help him out.

But still, we obviously aren't the attractive market than LA, New York, Chicago etc. are...

But again, this is so far down the road that it really isn't even worth talking about.

Flash3
01-11-2011, 10:44 PM
any way, if Lakers call you you should always accept.
Same can be said bout celtics , bulls or knicks.
Thats how things are.

lebron didn't accept :D

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM

The Bulls should be bolded too, he didnt go there either :)

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM

Thats his problem.

I guess there are some people that would prefer to bang say Meggan Fox than to bang angelina jolie because she is younger.

Not me.

Wade>You
01-11-2011, 10:50 PM
LoL at the article.

What's next, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Jv-vFCMgA&feature=youtu.be)?

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 10:50 PM
The Bulls should be bolded too, he didnt go there either :)

but the bulls were talked about for a month, new york was talked about for what? 2 and a half years?

Wade>You
01-11-2011, 10:51 PM
but the bulls were talked about for a month, new york was talked about for what? 2 and a half years?whip out the book of excuses.

kobe24>lebron23
01-11-2011, 10:52 PM

Kobe aint going anywhere get over it... They would trade Pau even bynum first before trading kobe bryant... The bulls didnt trade MJ when he was going over the hill the lakers wont trade kobe either

MagicBucsSox
01-11-2011, 10:52 PM
believe it or not people THIS DAMN THREAD IISNT ABOUT THE HEAT

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Kobe aint going anywhere get over it... They would trade Pau even bynum first before trading kobe bryant... The bulls didnt trade MJ when he was going over the hill the lakers wont trade kobe either

You mean, we would trade Bynum or even Pau to get dwight.

:cool:

Flash3
01-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Thats his problem.

I guess there are some people that would prefer to bang say Meggan Fox than to bang angelina jolie because she is younger.

Not me.

neither did bosh ( you can say what you want but he was the #1 choice at PF this offseason) or wade

it's funny cause your assuming everyone is like you and would ditch any team just to play for the almighty lakeshow.

i don't know about you but i'm a loyal person and love to play my whole career with the team that drafted me unless they give me a reason not to ie: way too much losing,bleak future, other team offers alot more money( in this case it might feel like they're undervaluing me)

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
whip out the book of excuses.

you are one of the biggest trolls on here. this is about the magic but people like you need to talk about the heat all the time and troll people. go back to the heat forum where you belong.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 10:57 PM
neither did bosh ( you can say what you want but he was the #1 choice at PF this offseason) or wade

it's funny cause your assuming everyone is like you and would ditch any team just to play for the almighty lakeshow.

i don't know about you but i'm a loyal person and love to play my whole career with the team that drafted me unless they give me a reason not to ie: way too much losing,bleak future, other team offers alot more money( in this case it might feel like they're undervaluing me)

Im european we beleive in team mystic , team legend an dteam tradition.

Ask any young soccer player in europe how many seconds would they wait to sign a contract with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan or Manchester United.

Lakers , celtics, bulls and knicks are the translation to that in NbA, THE TOP OF THE CROP , the elite of the elit, the legendary scenarios.

MagicBucsSox
01-11-2011, 10:58 PM

No the bulls didnt trade MJ, but they didnt trust his age enough to give him a long term deal. his last 3 yrs were on 1yr 25-30 mil deals.......now
Did the Lakers not trade Shaq because he was thought to be over the hill? you think they wouldnt move kobe for a 27yo Dwight? you need to get over

John Walls Era
01-11-2011, 10:59 PM

No it won't. Dwight might be the best center (meh), but I'm still waiting for him to take over games and score 40 with ease... until he can do that, he isn't more sought after than Lebron. IDC if you're the best position, you gotta score to win.

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 10:59 PM
No the bulls didnt trade MJ, but they didnt trust his age enough to give him a long term deal. his last 3 yrs were on 1yr 25-30 mil deals.......now
Did the Lakers not trade Shaq because he was thought to be over the hill? you think the wouldnt for a 27yo Dwight? you need to get over

actually jordan wanted one year deals.

Flash3
01-11-2011, 11:00 PM

Ask any young soccer player in europe how many seconds would they wait to sign a contract with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan or Manchester United.

Lakers , celtics, bulls and knicks are the translation to that in NbA, THE TOP OF THE CROP , the elite of the elit, the legendary scenarios.

This is America.......

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 11:05 PM
This is America.......

Yep, where players still fancy to be a Laker or celtics.

Kareem forced his way into lakers so did Shaq .
Kg forced his team to trade him to one of them.
Karl Malone signed for Lakers as soon as he could so did Payton.
Mcadoo actually played for both.

And so on.

Only noticiable player i remember ditching the lakers is Mj when he was going to come back at 40 years old and Phil proposed him to join the champions.

*Superman*
01-11-2011, 11:08 PM
No it won't. Dwight might be the best center (meh), but I'm still waiting for him to take over games and score 40 with ease... until he can do that, he isn't more sought after than Lebron. IDC if you're the best position, you gotta score to win.

Lol. You hate the guy don't you.

GreatMustachio1
01-11-2011, 11:12 PM
do it

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Td never needed to score 40 a game to win.

*Superman*
01-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Seriously though if Dwight left....I would be devastated. He has turned this franchise around, I would hate to see my team in the place the Cavs are in. I really hope he doesn't leave us because we aren't "Hollywood", or a big market. I mean he has all the money he needs and our GM is doing the best he can to build a championship caliber team. I hope we can keep Dwight and add another superstar-ish player in 2012.

SteBO
01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
I hope D12 stays in Orlando. They have great fans and they have much love for him. He shud stay as it would be a mistake going to L.A. At least Otis is doing whatever he can to make this team title contenders.

Flash3
01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Yep, where players still fancy to be a Laker or celtics.

Kareem forced his way into lakers so did Shaq .
Kg forced his team to trade him to one of them.
Karl Malone signed for Lakers as soon as he could so did Payton.
Mcadoo actually played for both.

And so on.

Only noticiable player i remember ditching the lakers is Mj when he was going to come back at 40 years old and Phil proposed him to join the champions.

i don't know what your trying to get at here.... players put themselves in position to get paid or win. i admit if teams like LA have both they are the most desired but the nba doesnt surround around those teams you listed, its not like europe, team tradition/history is pretty cool but it isnt the end all. ie: miami beating out chi,nyk,nj, and snapping all three guys.

in europe alot of these soccer power houses simply throw around $$$ because most teams can't afford the big guns and no one is taking less to play for a lesser team.

John Walls Era
01-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Lol. You hate the guy don't you.

No I don't. I said he was the best C. I don't particularly love him though.

Td never needed to score 40 a game to win.

I meant having post moves. Duncan had it all. Post game, mid range banker, great defense, intelligence and great vision to pass it to open players. Dwight doesn't even have 2 of the above.

jeter 2
01-11-2011, 11:31 PM
People are ignoring the writers' incentive. If Dwight leaves most likely, the team is in shambles. Therefore, less people will be reading his column. Just like when Lebron left, the local businesses do take a hit.

If the Magic win a CHAMPIONSHIP, Dwight should stay. However, if they do not, he should seek the best opportunity for him to win and the Knicks, Clippers and Lakers do present great opportunities for him to do so.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 11:35 PM
i don't know what your trying to get at here.... players put themselves in position to get paid or win. i admit if teams like LA have both they are the most desired but the nba doesnt surround around those teams you listed, its not like europe, team tradition/history is pretty cool but it isnt the end all. ie: miami beating out chi,nyk,nj, and snapping all three guys.

in europe alot of these soccer power houses simply throw around $$$ because most teams can't afford the big guns and no one is taking less to play for a lesser team.

he.
If NY , Cle or TOr taxes where similar than FLO ones i think you woudl be watching the threesome play in a different uniform.

Flash3
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
he.
If NY , Cle or TOr taxes where similar than FLO ones i think you woudl be watching the threesome play in a different uniform.

lol Cleveland and Toronto didn't have nearly enough funds to pull it off unless Riley,(gibert or colangelo), were dumb enough to help create a three headed monster through sign and trade.

BIG worm
01-11-2011, 11:41 PM
so how exactly would it be a "mistake" to go to l.a.?

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Thats his problem.

Not me.

Hell nawww I would bang both of them :D

ManRam
01-11-2011, 11:47 PM
so how exactly would it be a "mistake" to go to l.a.?

I don't think it would be necessarily (obviously, I will think less of him if he does leave)...but it isn't like Shaq's situation when he left. Shaq left and Kobe came with him. Kobe was a rookie, and no one knew who he'd be at that time...but if/when Dwight does go there, unless LA makes some moves, it will be Dwight making the max, Kobe making the max, and Gasol making 20 million. They'd have to let Bynum and Odom go to make room financially (both have player options). Who knows if that team will be better built for the future? Will they have another Kobe there?

That's why speculating a year+ before the time will come is pointless. Who knows how desirable the situation will be.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-11-2011, 11:47 PM
How about him going to Okc???

PG* Westbrook
SG* Harden or Sefo
SF* Durant
PF* ibaka
C* Howard

Wow that's scary,
Maybe even try to get Kobe for Harden n a 1st???

Westbrook-Kobe-Durant-ibaka-Howard...OMG!!!!!!!!

I can always dream tho,

Flash3
01-11-2011, 11:49 PM

PG* Westbrook
SG* Harden or Sefo
SF* Durant
PF* ibaka
C* Howard

Wow that's scary,

I can always dream tho,

:drool:

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-11-2011, 11:52 PM
:drool:

LoL, Ino it makes me wanna play some NBA 2k11 :)
That's far better than what the MAGICs got, or being in L.A..

That's the Okc future

Dade County
01-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Why does the player get blame for the distraction?......... It's the media and the team (most of the time)!!!

If a player says I will not resign back with you at the end of the season, it starts a chain reaction. The media talks about it every 15min, the organization makes it seem that the player is the bad guy. All because a star player says, I would like to be a free agent, and I will like to see what's out their........... WHATS WRONG WITH A PLAYER WANTING TO BE A FREE AGENT........everybody is crazy.

If Dwight tells the magic I am not signing back with you.....

They say why, we did everything to compete and we put pieces around you....

Then he says, I just would like a change of scenery... It's time for a change... I would like to play in a new city.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL HELL BREAKS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 11:55 PM

PG* Westbrook
SG* Harden or Sefo
SF* Durant
PF* ibaka
C* Howard

Wow that's scary,

I can always dream tho,

I want to trade a partially chew big mac for a corvette.Deal?

The Final Boss
01-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Paul/ Howard or both will be in a Los Angeles uni come next season.

ManRam
01-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Why does the player get blame for the distraction?......... It's the media and the team (most of the time)!!!

Who is blaming him for being a distraction?

He hasn't really openly said much about this. He's clearly focusing on the now, not the future.

Flash3
01-12-2011, 12:03 AM

:speechless:

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
I want to trade a partially chew big mac for a corvette.Deal?

Hummm, attempting but..nooo :)
How about a box of chips ahoy cookies.... ill give
you two Corvettes(hot wheels)

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Hummm, attempting but..nooo :)
How about a box of chips ahoy cookies.... ill give
you two Corvettes(hot wheels)

Ill throw in my defucnt grandfahters false teeth if you add a house in Manhattan to the deal.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-12-2011, 12:07 AM

Not if Okc can get in the mix
He's better off with us :)

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Dwight just needs to ask himself, "What would Jesus do?" And then do it.

i think you forgot something.....

http://jesusplaysforthelakers.com/shop/jesus-plays-for-the-lakers/

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Ill throw in my defucnt grandfahters false teeth if you add a house in Manhattan to the deal.

Humm :) sounds like a deal......
1 house in Manh.......Iraq coming up :D

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-12-2011, 12:12 AM
hey, he ended bleeding on a cross.
I wouldnt really try to follow his acts......just in case-:p

Sry but....That kinda ruin everything....
.....jokes over.......you suk Hellcrooner

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Sry but....That kinda ruin everything....
.....jokes over.......you suk Hellcrooner

i had replaced it for a different joke.

ThornMo
01-12-2011, 12:16 AM
whats wrong with playing where you want to play and where gives you the best chance to win. i have no problem with lebron playing for miami, only with how he announced it. carmelo isn't openly saying he wants to be traded, in my opinion he's kept very quiet and answered all of his questions very professionally.
if i'm dwight howard why can't i go play somewhere else? in any profession you work your way up the ladder until you've made it to where you want to be. that goes for doctors, salesmen, lawyers, and even athletes. would you expect anyone to be mad at you if you left work for a better job that offered better benefits than your old one? no

jim51990
01-12-2011, 12:19 AM
im going out on a limb and saying hes gunna be in celtic green in 2012.i just feel that kg and rays retirements happen and the space is there to play with rondo and pp. im not being a homer because he is one of my least favorite players in the league

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-12-2011, 12:19 AM
i had replaced it for a different joke.

....a lil better
Pau kinda do look like Jesus a bit
I always wanna kno why doesn't Pau get a lineup.

Hey! PIMP Out Pau Gasol

Dade County
01-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Who is blaming him for being a distraction?

He hasn't really openly said much about this. He's clearly focusing on the now, not the future.

I meant in general........ Like when the star player wants to go, and everybody goes crazy.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-12-2011, 12:25 AM
whats wrong with playing where you want to play and where gives you the best chance to win. i have no problem with lebron playing for miami, only with how he announced it. carmelo isn't openly saying he wants to be traded, in my opinion he's kept very quiet and answered all of his questions very professionally.
if i'm dwight howard why can't i go play somewhere else? in any profession you work your way up the ladder until you've made it to where you want to be. that goes for doctors, salesmen, lawyers, and even athletes. would you expect anyone to be mad at you if you left work for a better job that offered better benefits than your old one? no

I 100% agree with you, but too many plp want the same guy
If there's a big name guy in the free agent..plp would go
after him, n if he doesn't sign with them..then he's hated....
It's life bro
Plp don't understand.....but I want Kobe n Howard in Okc :D

Bluffmasta
01-12-2011, 12:38 AM

howard is the best center in the game, James was the best player in the league.

koLohe2133
01-12-2011, 12:43 AM
LoL at the article.

What's next, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Jv-vFCMgA&feature=youtu.be)?

Is this a joke?

Embarrassing.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-12-2011, 12:43 AM
If they keep falling short, I wouldn't blame Howard for leaving.

He'll probably give them a chance and stay for another contract but I can see him demanding a trade or just signing a short contract and be a FA by then.

ManRam
01-12-2011, 12:44 AM

And James is more of a media darling, and has (had) a much larger fan base and national interest level.

ThornMo
01-12-2011, 02:12 AM
I 100% agree with you, but too many plp want the same guy
If there's a big name guy in the free agent..plp would go
after him, n if he doesn't sign with them..then he's hated....
It's life bro
Plp don't understand.....but I want Kobe n Howard in Okc :D

glad someone agrees, its understandable for people to be upset. it's just a game that is played by grown men that can make their own decisions. makes for some good heated discussions though

Super.
01-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Don't worry, he's going to Boston! :D

MagicBucsSox
01-12-2011, 09:39 AM

:facepalm: did i not say that?

its not about that. its about ....well first off dwight is as valuable as lebron. and anyone with basketball knowledge knows a great bigman trumps a great perimeter guy. only exception is MJ.

xbrackattackx
01-12-2011, 10:44 AM
I wanna see Dwight do one of 4 things...

1. Stay in Orlando and actually be Loyal.
2. LA! Gasol and Dwight.
3.If NY can get Dwight and they have Amare,Felton and Melo. GOOD GOD thats the best team.
4. Go to the Thunder/Clippers to play with young athletic guys.

Giantwarrior
01-12-2011, 10:56 AM

I disagree. I hate to admit it, but LBJ is the best in the league, period. people were talking about his looming free agency every day when he was a Cav.

Eicholtz
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Calm Down.

Double_R
01-12-2011, 11:05 AM
no offense to people from cleveland, but orlando and cleveland are two different places.

EXACTLY... Orlando is near his family in GA... The no tax thing is nice... they are willing to pay the luxury tax to win... they have the best arena in all of sports... they have a gm that is willing to do anything to win... the weather is amazing... he was drafted here and said he wants to stay in Otown for his entire career... Orlando is not Cleveland... Mickey and Tiger both live there.... So does his baby mama...Once again Orlando is not Cleveland...Rich DeVos isn't Dan Gilbert...etc.

ragee
01-12-2011, 11:10 AM

I don't want Dwight to stay but can you imagine Blake and Dwight playing together? What about having adding a pg like Nash or Kidd... Non-stop highlights! :D

NYKNYGNYY
01-12-2011, 11:12 AM
if ur not coming to NY dwight...go to l.a i dont wanna see you before the finals

ManningToTyree
01-12-2011, 11:20 AM
IMO he's moving out IF Orlando doesn't win by 2012 (And honestly I don't them winning in 2 years). But a Dwight-CP3 combo would be deadly. I think CP3 is either pairing with Dwight or Melo and Amare.

fixed.

Double_R
01-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't want Dwight to stay but can you imagine Blake and Dwight playing together? What about having adding a pg like Nash or Kidd... Non-stop highlights! :D

Yea Dwight would be the only one playing Defense and blocking shots.

SNYmets86
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM

lmao l.a move kobe hahahahahahaha:speechless:

rhymeratic
01-12-2011, 11:33 AM
LOL if D12 goes to LA, the movie 2012 is really in full effect.

MagicBucsSox
01-12-2011, 11:41 AM
lmao l.a move kobe hahahahahahaha:speechless:

two yrs from now,how is that unimaginal? explain? im sure it was once funny think think of Shaquille O'Neal being traded

RaiderLakersA's
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Dwight going to the Lakers would hardly be a mistake for LA, or for Dwight's career. Even with Kobe no longer in his prime, adding Dwight would be enough to keep the team in contention.

Besides, Dwight is no idiot. He knows that his legacy will come down to winning championships. The article mentions Tim Duncan, but fails to drive home the point that Tim would have considered leaving SA, too, if he didn't have any rings. In fact, Tim considered leaving them anyway at one point. Of course the writer failed to note that fact. What kind of legacy would Tim have without those rings? Great, in the sense of Barkley or Malone, I think. But still lacking a championship.

I'm not saying that I can read the future any better than the next guy, but the prevailing sentiment is that the Lakers are going to retool at the end of this season, whether they win a championship or not. They are going to set the table for the next superstar(s) to wear purple and gold. Dwight would be a bigger fool not to keep his options open, even if it means following in the footsteps of another Superman. (Oh, that other Superman won 3 titles in LA after leaving Orlando. Another fact the writer failed to drive home.)

Super.
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Please, Boston will have all the cap space, Rondo, and Pierce

Come to Boston Dwight :D

RaiderLakersA's
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Please, Boston will have all the cap space, Rondo, and Pierce

Come to Boston Dwight :D

How old will Pierce be next year? Won't you guys also have Ray Ray still?

S & B Bleeder
01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
How exactly would coming to L.A. be a "MISTAKE" for Dwight?

Yeah, racking up Titles with the greatest and classiest franchise in ALL OF SPORTS would really suck. LOL.

Alot of you guys are missing one of the reasons he WOULD do it: To win more titles in the Purple and Gold than Shaq. Remember, Shaq has been a d!ck to him and called him out numerous times for the "Superman" moniker.

I can EASILY see this happening, especially if Bynum cannot stay healthy.

Mr.ATLHawks
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
LOL@this Article....Sounds like a feeble attempt to keep someone else from leaving. Loyalty??? The Owners have none so I dont see why any player would have any lick of it. We see Orlando is real loyal...ask the players that they have recyled the past few years. Sure they are loyal to Dwight Howard (Best C in the game currently) and Cleveland was loyal to Lebron (Arguably best player in the league) but outside of a player being "GREAT" their is no loyalty. Was Kurt Rambis great? No, but i didnt see him bouncing around the league for fillers. **** outta here with that loyalty BS. If the man wants to leave...so what? Sucks for Orlando but maybe they should address this when they meet for the CBA agreement. There shouldnt be any limitations on contract years. You want loyalty see Magic Johnsons 25 year 25 milli Contract...now thats loyalty.

All the article's whining about other athletes is pathetic, instead of telling Dwight how much of a ***** he would be if he left why dont they give him reasons top stay and stop trading for washed up stars, or signing backup Centers to ridiculous contracts (Marcin Gortat). Sick of all this whining **** fromt he media...YOU created this mess. Now deal with it..

barreleffact
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM

Yeah, racking up Titles with the greatest and classiest franchise in ALL OF SPORTS would really suck. LOL.

Alot of you guys are missing one of the reasons he WOULD do it: To win more titles in the Purple and Gold than Shaq. Remember, Shaq has been a d!ck to him and called him out numerous times for the "Superman" moniker.

really??? when did LA become the classiest in all sports...or even in basketball for that matter?

but that aside, ther would be nothing wrong with Dwight going to LA or ANY franchise of his choosing. I detest how eeryone feels that players owe organizations for drafting them. After a contract is up, the players owe the franchise nothing and have every right to leave, regardless of title, good tmes, or relationships.

shep33
01-12-2011, 02:35 PM
If he went to the Lakers... disgusting

S & B Bleeder
01-12-2011, 02:55 PM
really??? when did LA become the classiest in all sports...or even in basketball for that matter?

By all means, enlighten the forum to a classier organization, owner, and a team more title wins in the last 11 years.

da wood
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
i cant think of one

faze38
01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
He will not join LA! I doubt he goes anywhere but I really doubt he does exactly what Shaq did and joins the Lakers!

faze38
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Just have to point out that the title of greatest and classiest franchise in ALL OF SPORTS belongs to the Yankees! Not the Lakers I mean when the Lakers pass the Yankees in chamionships then u can call them the greatest or how about the Celtics first!

John Walls Era
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm still not that scared. Who knows how great Kobe will be in 2 years. Gasol and DWight would be intriguing, but imo it wouldn't even be better than Ralph Sampson and Hakeem.

smith&wesson
01-12-2011, 04:41 PM
is it just me or does the writer of this article sound like a desperate, scared littel ***** ??

howard is a big boy he can make his own decisions, i dont know what this reverse phycology is gonna do, it sounds like the writer is trying to plant seeds in howards head and brain wash him or somthing.

not a bad article, i just thought it was a really week aproach.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
By all means, enlighten the forum to a classier organization, owner, and a team more title wins in the last 11 years.

Since you said ALL OF SPORTs....

fc Barcelona

sp1derm00
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Looks like Orlando is genuinely scared of losing Dwight to LA.

wa77ss
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Were not gonna lose Dwight, and if we do...it was never meant to be. I'm not scared of losing one player because its a team game. I believe Dwight is happy in Orlando.....does he not smile enough to show that????

topdog
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
1) I don't see Dwight uprooting anytime soon. He's part of the "all good guy" team w/ KD and Kobe would be out before hecould be the new Hollywood Shaq

2) I'm tired of guys complaining about not winning, but not taking paycuts for their team to sign better players

3) TD didn't "stick it out." He had David Robinson his rookie year, followed by adventures with Manu and Tony. Not exactly a rough time.

unwantedplayer
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Isn't Dwight a free agent in the FA class of 2013?

*Superman*
01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
^Jesus Christ.

**** YOU IN HELL.

At least make sure the links work ***.

AddiX
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Bron Wade and Bosh started a freaking epidemic for the NBA.

This ish is going to completely destroy the league. Your going to have 4-5 super teams forever now.

evadatam5150
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
dwight isnt going anywhere I dont think. good article though

Silliness and complete hyperbole.. Most players who end up in LA flourish once they get there.. Class organization that is always trying to put Championships together.. Dwight would be a monster in LA and anyone saying any different is simply hating..

BkOriginalOne
01-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I would love to see Howard play for the Thunder of Knicks
He should only stay in Orlando if they get him a real PG. Chris Paul would be perfect.

evadatam5150
01-12-2011, 08:46 PM

The big kids are discussing real sports here at the adults table Crooner.. Let's leave the pansy azz theatrics of the WWEisque European soccer league out of it so we can continue discussing a real sport.. :D

Hellcrooner
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
The big kids are discussing real sports here at the adults table Crooner.. Let's leave the pansy azz theatrics of the WWEisque European soccer league out of it so we can continue discussing a real sport.. :D

I still have to hear a ref from soccer say the officiating is scripted /dictated.

Cant say the same bout Nba.

And whats more wwe than Superman vs Kryptonate in dunk contest?

jasonbird
01-12-2011, 09:33 PM
If DW leave Orlando,he will be next LBJ,
I dont think he will leave and play with Kobe,Because the lakers is strong enough to play against others in NBA.

el_primo_nano
01-12-2011, 11:26 PM
It would be absolutly unfair if he were to go to L.A.. He would continue on with the Laker dynasty and maybe help Kobe win more than 6 if he still has it :drool: