PDA

View Full Version : Nate Davis

Gibby23
01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
49ers fan favorite QB Nate Davis will be signing with Seahawks, pending a physical.

http://twitter.com/maioccocsn

He has all the tools, but the last coaching staff said he wasn't that bright. Too bed we let him go. Good luck to him, he should have been given a shot with us the last game of the season.

NateyB24
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Love this signing hes athletic and can air the ball out i hope he can overcome the dyslexia problem though.

No risk whatsoever and high upside.

House
01-11-2011, 08:02 PM
The Seahawks will sign former Ball State QB Nate Davis to their active squad according to Matt Maicco of Comcast Sportsnet SF.

http://www.seahawkaddicts.com/articles-2011/january/seahawks-to-sign-qb.html

Not a bad signing. A little late in the season, but we'll see what he's got. The kid can scramble and has a pretty strong arm. Maybe Jedd Fisch can help him learn playbook verbiage.

furmat60
01-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Who knows, he may be our future QB?

Seattle4Ever
01-12-2011, 01:30 AM
I love this kid.

974life
01-12-2011, 01:50 AM
He's not bad but needs time and a really good coach who can get thru to him. Hope he does good, but not to good!LOL

Captain Planet
01-12-2011, 05:41 AM
I love it. More proof Seattle will not pursue a QB in the 2011 Draft.

FWBrodie
01-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Watching his highlights he reminds me a bit of Brett Favre the way he's so deliberate with his throws, the arm strength, the quick release, and how he seems to never want to give up on a play. You can tell his instinct is to throw the ball at any cost. Not saying he's as good as Brett by any stretch, but the mannerisms on the field seem similar along with some of the skill set.

I also see a lot of Steve Mcnair: toughness, funky motion, athletic, solid in the pocket and tough to bring down.

Kinville
01-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I just watched them as well, and while it's hard to tell from watching just he highlights, I really see alot of positives here. He seems to have a really good sense for pressure and the athleticism to avoid it if possible. If it isn't possible then he also had the good sense to throw it away; which his quick release allows him to do at the last moment, buying more time for his recievers. Ball placement is excellent as well. Can't help but think that with a whole offseason to learn and develop within the system that he could be something special for us. Time will tell.

SEAbeliever
01-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Atta boy Pete! Take away one of their options at QB. I remember wondering why in the hell they didn't keep playing him after I watched some of those deep balls. The rest of the year I listened to 49ers fans complain about not getting the ball to Vernon Davis on the deep routes. :D Silly 9ers, the West is for US!

DuckHawk
01-12-2011, 11:17 AM
I just watched them as well, and while it's hard to tell from watching just he highlights, I really see alot of positives here. He seems to have a really good sense for pressure and the athleticism to avoid it if possible. If it isn't possible then he also had the good sense to throw it away; which his quick release allows him to do at the last moment, buying more time for his recievers. Ball placement is excellent as well. Can't help but think that with a whole offseason to learn and develop within the system that he could be something special for us. Time will tell.

Here's some highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIYba7hdg

I agree. He doesn't look to bad. He has a strong arm and a quick release. In these highlights he is almost always under pressure. He looks pretty mobile in the pocket while still going through his reads. He has potential.

Thebudler
01-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Low risk move. He has a strong arm and was a great college QB. I already like him better than Charlie!

bruser23
01-12-2011, 11:48 AM
One of the big reasons I really like us signing Nate, is because he is very very good at throwing the ball well while on the run/move. And everyone knows how much Jeremy Bates loves his roll outs. This could be a match made in heaven. He has some great potential.

Kinville
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Here's some highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIYba7hdg

I agree. He doesn't look to bad. He has a strong arm and a quick release. In these highlights he is almost always under pressure. He looks pretty mobile in the pocket while still going through his reads. He has potential.

Yeah, those are the highlights I watched. Love the way he throws the ball.

Wild1414
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Watching his highlights he reminds me a bit of Brett Favre the way he's so deliberate with his throws, the arm strength, the quick release, and how he seems to never want to give up on a play. You can tell his instinct is to throw the ball at any cost. Not saying he's as good as Brett by any stretch, but the mannerisms on the field seem similar along with some of the skill set.

I also see a lot of Steve Mcnair: toughness, funky motion, athletic, solid in the pocket and tough to bring down.

Wouldn't that be AMAZING! lol unlikly but anything could happen.

furmat60
01-12-2011, 03:13 PM
One of the big reasons I really like us signing Nate, is because he is very very good at throwing the ball well while on the run/move. And everyone knows how much Jeremy Bates loves his roll outs. This could be a match made in heaven. He has some great potential.

That was the first thing I noticed. He has a lot of potential, and maybe he could be our future QB......you never know. Well, I think we should hold off on getting a QB in the draft now. Our draft position is way low, and we should see what Davis has to offer. Focus on repairing the secondary and the offensive line.

NateyB24
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
BPA at CB|OL|WR and QB depending on who falls there.

Orange&Black55
01-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Atta boy Pete! Take away one of their options at QB. I remember wondering why in the hell they didn't keep playing him after I watched some of those deep balls. The rest of the year I listened to 49ers fans complain about not getting the ball to Vernon Davis on the deep routes. :D Silly 9ers, the West is for US!

Ummmm, the 49ers cut him because after 2 years he still hadn't been able to get the playbook down. He has all the tools except the one in your head. He looked great in the preseason 2 years in a row while using a striped down playbook. He's not capable intellectually of being a starting QB. It's too bad really because he's a beast. If you cant make OUR current roster as a QB, you prob cant play, lol.

OREcoast49er
01-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Dont get too excited, kids as dumb as a box of rocks.

House
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Dyslexia is an illness. He didn't choose to have it. Maybe great coaching can help him, if not next man up...

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
01-17-2011, 01:57 AM
Dyslexia is an illness. He didn't choose to have it. Maybe great coaching can help him, if not next man up...

I agree, Seneca Wallace had a similar issue and he worked all those out over the past 6 years. I would also assume that the coaching didnt help either. With the right help this kid could actually b a bigger version of what wallace was. I like us taking a chance on this kid... Webt to the game today and I tip my hat to most of the Bears fans for being kind to the 12th man.