PDA

View Full Version : Rasheeds back

RipCity32
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Rasheed Wallace says he is coming out of retirement to take another shot at a championship with the Celtics!!!

justcallmetm
01-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey is he doing a Roger Clemens he perfected that crap, now we have a basketball version of this also who is next to un-retire for another shot at a title, It don't matter anyways he was still Celtics property he retired with a year left on his contract so he will get the pro-rated left on what he would have made this year anyways.

Minimal
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Stephen A. Smith said that Rasheed Wallace will come out of retirement to play with the Celtics.
We're taking this one with a big grain of salt. Smith and Wallace are both Philadelphia guys, but Smith has been known to put some wild rumors out there. And this one came off the cuff on Dan Patrick's radio show. Wallace may have made sense when Kendrick Perkins and Jermaine O'Neal were sidelined, but now seems like odd timing. Plus, the Celtics already have 15 guaranteed contracts on their roster.
I doubt this will ever happen, just a lame rumor.

Gators123
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
stephenasmith Stephen A Smith
Please don't go quoting about Rasheed Wallace return. All I said on DP's Show is that he said months ago he planned on coming out of

stephenasmith Stephen A Smith
Retirement to help the C's take on the Lakers. That doesn't mean he will. I haven't spoken to him in months. Who knows how he feels now.

I don't think he will come back.

Rivera
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Stephen A. Smith appeared on The Dan Patrick Show on Tuesday and reported that Rasheed Wallace told him that he wants to rejoin the Celtics. Smith told Patrick that Wallace would like to come out of retirement for another chance at an NBA title, specifically against the Lakers.

Wallace averaged 9.0 points with the Celtics in a disappointing 2009-10 regular season, but the 15-year veteran was a significant contributor in the postseason, including an 11-point, eight-rebound effort against the Lakers in Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/tag/rumor-mill

all im going to tell you guys is i been telling every poster that rasheed is coming back to the C's...my C's source has been telling me since the season began that rasheed was going to do this...now that it looks like it officially will....for every poster doubting my sources....eat ****....i told u guys!!

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Smith was the first one to say that bosh, lebron, and wade were all going to play for the heat when everyone called him crazy and a week later is happened. the celtics will be the best team in the NBA if wallace coming back and they get fully healthy again.

ManRam
01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Smith was the first one to say that bosh, lebron, and wade were all going to play for the heat when everyone called him crazy and a week later is happened. the celtics will be the best team in the NBA if wallace coming back and they get fully healthy again.

Yes, but Steven admitted that he hasn't talked to Sheed in "months".

This is not news.

king4day
01-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Can someone post a link?

kntresistheheat
01-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Can someone post a link?

How many more links you need:confused::p

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Can someone post a link?

here is a link from SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/142541/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

Marques24kobe
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/tag/rumor-mill

all im going to tell you guys is i been telling every poster that rasheed is coming back to the C's...my C's source has been telling me since the season began that rasheed was going to do this...now that it looks like it officially will....for every poster doubting my sources....eat ****....i told u guys!!

Have you read any of the other post before yours. Stephen A Smith has said he was just guessing. Its not official. But way to be proud of yourself.:facepalm:

sharpfang
01-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I doubt this will ever happen, just a lame rumor.

Not a LAME 1.....a likely scenario :eyebrow: Not supprising to any NBA fanatic :p

I'd preffer that he finally land in N.Y. though :D - J

tdunk21
01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
if sheed really comes back......and if perkins also comes back....that is a scary frontcourt.....shaq, sheed(can spread the floor), jermaine(not much), KG, big baby, perkins......

he shouldnt have retired in the first place when he wants to come back and have a shot at winning a title.....

macc
01-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I guess if he comes back, how would he get any min? Right now the Celtics have Shaq, Jermaine, Baby, Perkins, Garnett on there front line. I know Perkins isn't back yet but I don't see how you could give him min.

ManRam
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Do they really need him? I mean, having depth is great, but at a certain point, it isn't necessary. No team plays anything more than a 10 man rotation in the playoffs, most teams in fact cut down their regular-season rotations to 7 or 8 guys. Having 6 PFs/Cs isn't a necessity. It won't hurt, but I don't think it really will make a difference.

Jah king
01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
rasheed wallace says he is coming out of retirement to take another shot at a championship with the celtics!!!

does rasheed still toke the weed?

blueplanet
01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
By sometime in March, he'll be in Celtics roster. Celtics are the only team that as a Heat fan I fear to play in a 7 game series. I know their front court is old but think about a front line of Shaq, JO, Perkins, Wallace, Garnett, and Davis. It's already scary and Wallace will add more to that. They will pack the paint against the Heat to reduce Wade-LeBron effect. To be honest if garnett stays healthy, I don't see anyone beating this team in the playoffs.

ManRam
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
This thread title really needs to be edited...

Wade>You
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Smith was the first one to say that bosh, lebron, and wade were all going to play for the heat when everyone called him crazy and a week later is happened. the celtics will be the best team in the NBA if wallace coming back and they get fully healthy again.I just want to apologize to Bulls fans that have seen their team drop to 6-8th best team in the East, at least at the rate that D Roses Bulls continues to rank the rest of the East.

J4KOP99
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
What is he going to do for them? How many old big men do they need? They already have a ton of depth.

Perkins will be back at some point
Shaq
Big Baby
Jermaine
Garnett

-Only so many players can see the court in a game. I doubt he actually comes back but if he does, I don't even know how much it would help the Celtics.

D Roses Bulls
01-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I just want to apologize to Bulls fans that have seen their team drop to 6-8th best team in the East, at least at the rate that D Roses Bulls continues to rank the rest of the East.

what are you talking about? I tried to think for a sec why you said what you said, then I realized cause I said the Celtics were the best in the NBA when they get healthy. Grow up what you said made no sense at all.

td0tsfinest
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
This thread title really needs to be edited...

for sure.

This is from an hour ago:

Doc Rivers said Tuesday that the Celtics have had no discussion about bringing retired Rasheed Wallace back into the fold, following a report by Stephen A. Smith to the contrary.

Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=353&line=149388&spln=1)

Storch
01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
:pray: let wallace guard gasol or bynum instead of JO SHAQ or PERK :pray:

Bruno
01-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I knew this was gona happen. If JO had been healthy and playing all year I'd say its stupid, but he hasn't so why not?

SteveNash
01-11-2011, 07:09 PM
:pray: let wallace guard gasol or bynum instead of JO SHAQ or PERK :pray:

Why are you praying for that? I thought you were a Lakers fan.

tbomlad
01-11-2011, 07:35 PM
LMAO. Another old big for the Celtics. Are they collecting old bigs? Combined, they STILL don't equal one Dwight. It can only be because of Dwight the Celtics would be stocking up on useless bigs. Superman is making the Celtics look like idiots.

ragee
01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Do they really need him? I mean, having depth is great, but at a certain point, it isn't necessary. No team plays anything more than a 10 man rotation in the playoffs, most teams in fact cut down their regular-season rotations to 7 or 8 guys. Having 6 PFs/Cs isn't a necessity. It won't hurt, but I don't think it really will make a difference.

I know, right? So why not just come to Orlando Sheed! We don't have that kind of depth and I do believe he can help us out! :D

HouRealCoach
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Shaq/ Perkins/ Wallace
Garnett/ Davis/ O'Neal

Then Rondo, Pierce, Allen, Robinson, Daniels, Harangody, and West.... Thats a team that is TOO MUCH lol... Howard and Bosh will REALLY have to step it up

xbrackattackx
01-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Rasheed won't see much playing time anyways with the new technical rules.

AIRMAR72
01-12-2011, 02:34 PM
its true sheed is coming back

thekmp211
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
ive heard similar things all season...hope he does nba is always better with raweed playing high.

shep33
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
The only thing that is gonna be tricky is playing time... I mean you'd have to give Big Baby less minutes, and I think Baby is playing at a high level right now. Doc will know what to do though.

You can never have too many bigs

epumpers21
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
LMAO. Another old big for the Celtics. Are they collecting old bigs? Combined, they STILL don't equal one Dwight. It can only be because of Dwight the Celtics would be stocking up on useless bigs. Superman is making the Celtics look like idiots.

Once Perkins comes back he'll be locking down Dwight just like he always does:cool::cool:

omdigga
01-12-2011, 03:45 PM
sheed couldnt play the whole season because of the new tech rules... he would be sitting half the season anyway.. good timing on his part..

farren.louis
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Stephan a smith didnt even have to tell me this... i knew this was gonna happen from the get go.. This sounds like something sheed would do and it only make sense

jasonbird
01-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I believe he will come back again,but i m not sure he will get champions in the left time.

Because it s hard to everyone in NBA,

el_primo_nano
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Man i will never doubt Steven A, after telling the world that LBJ, Wade and Bosh were all going to Miami a week early.. I wont be surprised to see this happen

BrahCake954
01-12-2011, 11:40 PM
5 star thread.. will read again

NBA-GMaster
01-12-2011, 11:56 PM
I think he will re-sign with the Celtics and waive Jermaine O'Neal, and JO will sign with LA or Orlando..