PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets threaten to trade ‘Melo to N.Y

*Superman*
01-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Before resuming trade talks for Carmelo Anthony(notes) on Monday, the Denver Nuggets delivered a stern warning to the New Jersey Nets: Unless the public nature of these trade discussions becomes private, be warned that we will send Anthony to the New York Knicks.

Nothing else the Nuggets could’ve said would send such chills of unease through the Nets, and that’s why Denver made the threat, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Would the Nuggets do such a thing out of spite? Would they take a lesser package out of vengeance? No one could be sure, but it sure delivered one more element of drama and intrigue to these trade talks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonytrade011011

:laugh2: Sounds like the Denver FO is run by a bunch of punks.

KDM1986
01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonytrade011011

:laugh2: Sounds like the Denver FO is run by a bunch of punks.

More like a bunch of clowns.

jimbobjarree
01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
slightly classless, yeah

Jonathan2323
01-11-2011, 01:42 AM
The Nuggets want something different everyday that favors them.

Dol-Fan
01-11-2011, 01:43 AM
I wonder if a Nets source leaked this :laugh2:

KDM1986
01-11-2011, 01:45 AM

Your sig is awesome!

meloman1592
01-11-2011, 01:48 AM
LMAO...its something new every 5 hrs

nystandup
01-11-2011, 01:49 AM
lol this just gets better and better

colinskik
01-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Something needs to happen already. This is completely absurd. Who makes threats like that??

NJ Raven
01-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Then do the trade with the Knicks and get much less in return.

yshNYK
lol that's cute

this is something that would happen on a playground..not a front office haha

lvlheaded
The Nets will give into everyone of the Nets demands for that threat alone hahah

aceindahole212
01-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Then do the trade with the Knicks and get much less in return.

Name players on your team that's better then Chandler, Gallo, Fields??? You have a prospect in Favors and they don't even need Devin Harris cause they like Lawson better. They don't want to do the trade with the Knicks cause they know it would be no messing around or any of the public stupidity. Donnie Walsh would have a negotiating field day with the Nuggets.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Name players on your team that's better then Chandler, Gallo, Fields??? You have a prospect in Favors and they don't even need Devin Harris cause they like Lawson better. They don't want to do the trade with the Knicks cause they know it would be no messing around or any of the public stupidity. Donnie Walsh would have a negotiating field day with the Nuggets.

Really? If they could get a better package from the Knicks, why wouldn't they be talking to them more?

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Really? If they could get a better package from the Knicks, why wouldn't they be talking to them more?

That threat doesnt piss you off as a Net fan though? I feel like if I were in the Nets organization I would say "you know, what? **** you, heres the offer if you dont like it, go **** yourself" That is classless to threaten another organization

aceindahole212
01-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Maybe cause they don't want to trade there franchise player to a team that would be a success with him. When trading him to the Nets the Nets team isn't even better then the Nuggets of now. It makes the front office look less as bad when he goes to the Nets and there still mediocre as opposed to the Knicks where they will be Elite.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Fun thing is if melo is a man ( unlike some queen out there) and really WANTS to play for Ny nets will be trading for a 6month loan.

Metsboi69
01-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Maybe cause they don't want to trade there franchise player to a team that would be a success with him. When trading him to the Nets the Nets team isn't even better then the Nuggets of now. It makes the front office look less as bad when he goes to the Nets and there still mediocre as opposed to the Knicks where they will be Elite.

That's it. The nuggets are trading their big valuable chip to the Nets for a lesser package because their scared of making the knicks a "elite" team.

itsripcity32
01-11-2011, 02:02 AM

The knicks told the nuggets to write a list of players and picks that they wanted but they didn't even respond. Favors Harris and first round picks are more appealing

aceindahole212
01-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Im sorry but the Nets are 10-25 for a reason, like Bill Parcels says you are what your record says you are... If they got such good trade chips then why does there team not produce... Broussard said that he doesn't think Favors will be better then Kenyon Martin... I forgot Chandler, Gallo and fields are all horrible...

itsripcity32
Fun thing is if melo is a man ( unlike some queen out there) and really WANTS to play for Ny nets will be trading for a 6month loan.

The net trade doesn't even happen if melo doesn't sign an extension...

blastmasta26
Don't be biased, Nets will offer the best package and it's not even close. They're the most willing to part with young players plus draft picks. We're not gonna gut our team with the way things are going. The only reason it's not a lock for Melo being a Net is the fact that he may not sign the extension.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 02:07 AM
That threat doesnt piss you off as a Net fan though? I feel like if I were in the Nets organization I would say "you know, what? **** you, heres the offer if you dont like it, go **** yourself" That is classless to threaten another organization

I'm more mad at Proky for trying to force King's hand here. Proky wants Melo and won't take no for an answer. Kroenke knows it. Ujiri knows it. They're trying to milk everything they can from the Nets and get an even better deal. Hats off to the rooks Ujiri and Kroenke. They know where they stand and won't back down because they know where our owner stands on this matter. Empty threats don't make me mad. If they think they can get a better deal from the Knicks or any other team, they would be in deep negotiations with them and not us. We should be better off rebuilding not through this trade but Proky wants to get that quick buck.

itsripcity32
01-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Im sorry but the Nets are 10-25 for a reason, like Bill Parcels says you are what your record says you are... If they got such good trade chips then why does there team not produce... Broussard said that he doesn't think Favors will be better then Kenyon Martin... I forgot Chandler, Gallo and fields are all horrible...

Broussard gave an opinion, not a fact. The knicks don't even have first round picks to give up.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 02:13 AM

We have good chips to rebuild with. We can provide a good balance of cap relief and assets. 5 first rounders in the next two seasons. Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and Anthony Morrow in the mix w/ a large expiring Troy Murphy.

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm more mad at Proky for trying to force King's hand here. Proky wants Melo and won't take no for an answer. Kroenke knows it. Ujiri knows it. They're trying to milk everything they can from the Nets and get an even better deal. Hats off to the rooks Ujiri and Kroenke. They know where they stand and won't back down because they know where our owner stands on this matter. Empty threats don't make me mad. If they think they can get a better deal from the Knicks or any other team, they would be in deep negotiations with them and not us. We should be better off rebuilding not through this trade but Proky wants to get that quick buck.

This is exactly what I have been saying all along. The Nets have young players and all those draft picks, I dont get why they want to trade them all away to get one player when they could build a complete team through the draft. Melo isnt gonna make that stadium in Brooklyn sell out. They should build their team through the draft so by the time they get to Brooklyn, they can be an up and coming team ready to be the next Thunder.

AI4MVP
01-11-2011, 02:15 AM
lol complete bluff. Nets have a great package there offering. IMO its too great. I think they should keep what they have a get a good young SF in the draft. They have a great roster of good young players, and trading away Devin Harris and Derrick Favors would be terrible for them. Just my opinion

Crackadalic
01-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Donnie just chilling because everything is going according to plan lol. Let the nuggets and nets fight until the dust settle where melo is a knick....
Guy can dream huh

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Fields>>>Melo. He's the best thing since sliced bread. Teams are currently trying to get under the cap for when he becomes a free agent.

They are actually lowering the MAX for every one but Fields. They are raising it to 30 million dollars a year for him...

However, I do agree that the Knicks assets arent as bad as they are being made out to be. The lack of a 2012 pick hurts really bad in any negotiations, but Chandler has been very good this year at 23, Gallinari is developing nicely at just 22, and Landry Fields has been very impressive as a rookie. That said, the Nets can offer a better package because of their plethora of picks but when it comes to players, the Knicks players are comparable IMO

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 02:29 AM
This is exactly what I have been saying all along. The Nets have young players and all those draft picks, I dont get why they want to trade them all away to get one player when they could build a complete team through the draft. Melo isnt gonna make that stadium in Brooklyn sell out. They should build their team through the draft so by the time they get to Brooklyn, they can be an up and coming team ready to be the next Thunder.

A lot of folks seem to overrate him so I'm guessing it'll sell well. Much better than Devin Harris + Derrick Favors. People will show up cuz a lot of folks like Melo. It's not just filling the seats either. Marketing teams love using a household name already rather than trying to build one up.

The Dream
01-11-2011, 02:29 AM
fields, gallo > faVors and whateVer ******** they add

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 02:31 AM
A lot of folks seem to overrate him so I'm guessing it'll sell well. Much better than Devin Harris + Derrick Favors. People will show up cuz a lot of folks like Melo. It's not just filling the seats either. Marketing teams love using a household name already rather than trying to build one up.

Very true, Melo is a better marketing strategy in the near future. I just wonder if he is better for the franchise in the long run

blueplanet
01-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Nets are dumb. They will not be going anywhere with Melo. They should just keep developing their nice young core with adding couple more high picks over next couple of years.

icon1914
01-11-2011, 02:34 AM

Every lottery team wants to become the next Thunder... but most end right back in the lottery. Building a team though the draft is very risky... if you have a little skill at scouting and a lot of luck you might get something... but its never the way to go, not if you have another choice... Getting Melo assures them that they will have a franchise player to build around, that is a lot more comforting than praying Favors pans out... Or praying the balls fall so you can get Perry Jones... and, once again, hope he pans out...

And with that being said why is Melo even considering going to a team that is worse than the team he is leaving? Wasn't lack of progress his reason for wanting a trade? Now he is a pen struck away from being on one of the worse teams in the NBA?

PC
01-11-2011, 02:35 AM
I don't know why Denver's trying to threaten to pull out of this deal. It's such a clear bluff, I mean do you think the Nuggets will really settle for less when they're rebuilding just because the Nets leak some info? Come on, just trade him to New Jersey so we can get this damn thing over with...

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Every lottery team wants to become the next Thunder... but most end right back in the lottery. Building a team though the draft is very risky... if you have a little skill at scouting and a lot of luck you might get something... but its never the way to go, not if you have another choice... Getting Melo assures them that they will have a franchise player to build around, that is a lot more comforting than praying Favors pans out... Or praying the balls fall so you can get Perry Jones... and, once again, hope he pans out...

And with that being said why is Melo even considering going to a team that is worse than the team he is leaving? Wasn't lack of progress his reason for wanting a trade? Now he is a pen struck away from being on one of the worse teams in the NBA?

Most people will say cash is king but lets be realistic, that cash is in Denver too. The only thing I could think of is that he wants to be on the east coast, closer to home. Other than that, its truly inexplicable because the Nuggs ARE a playoff team with Melo. The Nets MAY be a playoff team if he totally turns them around

sunsfan88
01-11-2011, 02:39 AM
If I'm the Nets, I'd say **** you Denver take the offer or leave it. Dont expect for us to give 5 picks take on every single big contract just for 'Melo who has played like sh** this season.

I uses to think Denver was a classy team...but now I've been proven wrong.

BTW who is Denver's GM? Sounds like an idiot cause he wants to add Harrington's deal so fast and he is the same idiot that over-payed for him last summer.

I hope Billups can make it out of this mess.

kblo247
01-11-2011, 02:40 AM

The Nets team he would go to would be better than the Nuggets team that needs both K-Mart and Birdman to be healthy. Both guys are battling terrible knees and because of that, Melo's chances of making any noise out west are low.

Say what you want about them but a lineup of Melo, Rip, Lopez, Hump, and Chauncey can at least give a better challenge to Miami or Boston in the first round with KG ailing and Perk not ready, or a limited Haslem than they can against the Lakers or Spurs with a questionable Martin and Anderson.

Denver also has done nothing to show Melo that they want to win. Chauncey was a nice trade and all, but that has been the only thing that they have done to get his confidence. Other than that they have let key rotation players go for peanuts and basically got stuck trading for Iverson due to the MSG fight he was in.

White_Mike
01-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Fields>>>Melo. He's the best thing since sliced bread. Teams are currently trying to get under the cap for when he becomes a free agent.
Obvious troll is obvious.

Counter-troll: You're just mad when the Knicks get Carmelo they'll be better than the Bulls

On topic, I have no idea what the ******* is going on with New Jersey and Denver.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Very true, Melo is a better marketing strategy in the near future. I just wonder if he is better for the franchise in the long run

Someone in the FO must be convinced that they can do something in 2 years to improve this team. Billups and Rip are gonna be 35 and 34, respectively, and we won't have that many assets between now and then to improve the team substantially. It's more challenging when Brook's contract year is next season. If it goes through we'll be looking at no one at PG, Rip (w/ 9million buyout), Melo, Hump?, and Lopez when we move to Brooklyn. That is not going to do anything.

Hindy27
01-11-2011, 02:51 AM
I want the Nets to just walk away from this and let Denver sweat.
After they've done some negotiating with the Knicks the Nuggs will come crawling back because the deals that have been reported recently are far better than anything else they're going to get.

Knicks fans can name all the players they want but from what I've seen they don't want to trade any of them. I thought they already said they were going to re-sign Chandler, and Fields is apparently untouchable. Then when a lot of Knicks fans have named their future team they've got Gallo at SF and Melo at SG. So who exactly is getting traded? especially a trade that trumps what the Nets have offered.

Anyway, having said that I wouldn't mind NY coming in and lowballing Denver, the Nuggs FO deserve to get screwed over after all their crap.

Just walk away Nets, these clowns from Denver don't deserve to be getting such good offers. When the deadline approaches the Nuggs won't be able to keep upping their demands.

naztrack
01-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Heres my two sense on the matter, Nets are dumb......let me say it again the Nets are dumb! If Melo goes to the Nets he might not re-sign, they won't become a contender and they have no future moves or picks to look forward to. Gutting your team for one player is never smart, the knicks are offering players who are proven contributors. The Nets have picks, ok fine but picks can go good or bad, nothing is garanteed. I'm sorry but i can't see how this trade gets done, too many issuses. My advice for the Nets is keep your picks, continue to develop your team. You have a good coach, you have an ok center, a good scoring pg and a pf with potential, your on the right path. This deal will set that team back at least 3 years.

xxcubs22xx
01-11-2011, 03:06 AM
WIth that "potential" deal drawn up, I say Denver is getting the best out of the deal. I'm not sure Chauncey + Rip + Melo is going to get anywhere

tr3ymill3r
01-11-2011, 03:07 AM
What is this 2nd grade?

yiformvp
01-11-2011, 03:16 AM
this deal has to get done... Denver and jerseys FO are jokes, show some compassion to the players involved and traded them already..they both know denver is not gonna trade melo to the knicks n if they do, thats when the really drama starts "minimum 1 day maximum 5 days" Masai Ujiri dont start your car...lol but seriously nets need melo to have a shot at cp3 n denver is getting the best possible deal for a rental player...

Hindy27
01-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Heres my two sense on the matter, Nets are dumb......let me say it again the Nets are dumb! If Melo goes to the Nets he might not re-sign,
:facepalm: I'm not even going to bother with this nonsense anymore, it has been explained so many times you'd have to be dumb not to know.

Gutting your team for one player is never smart, the knicks are offering players who are proven contributors. The Nets have picks, ok fine but picks can go good or bad, nothing is garanteed.

What exactly have the Knicks offered?
I haven't seen any supposed Knicks offer yet. All I have seen is Knicks fans rattling off lists of players that are better than the Nets players. Potential deals that have been made up in their own minds.

Draco
01-11-2011, 03:20 AM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Counter-troll: You're just mad when the Knicks get Carmelo they'll be better than the Bulls

On topic, I have no idea what the ******* is going on with New Jersey and Denver.

This sounds like something Jared Lee Loughner would write if he was into basketball. :p

icon1914
01-11-2011, 03:22 AM
The Nets team he would go to would be better than the Nuggets team that needs both K-Mart and Birdman to be healthy. Both guys are battling terrible knees and because of that, Melo's chances of making any noise out west are low.

Say what you want about them but a lineup of Melo, Rip, Lopez, Hump, and Chauncey can at least give a better challenge to Miami or Boston in the first round with KG ailing and Perk not ready, or a limited Haslem than they can against the Lakers or Spurs with a questionable Martin and Anderson.

Denver also has done nothing to show Melo that they want to win. Chauncey was a nice trade and all, but that has been the only thing that they have done to get his confidence. Other than that they have let key rotation players go for peanuts and basically got stuck trading for Iverson due to the MSG fight he was in.

What? Sometimes its easy to forget subtle, but important, moves a team makes to get better... First of all Denver is a small market, so no they did not make a number of blockbuster deals... but they did trade for Iverson... they become a playoff team... after that turned out to be limited, they traded for Billups ( they could of let Iverson expire if they did not care) and took on a longer deal... they went to the Western Conference Finals... while they had Carmelo they extended deals on role players like Anderson and Nene'... While obviously it was not enough, Denver did what it could.

Now I know a team with Melo, Rip, and CB would be a playoff team in the East, I don't see them being anymore of a threat to the Celtics,Magic, and the Heat than the Nuggets would be to the Lakers or Spurs... The Nets, w/ Melo & Co., would not be a contender... Solid playoff team, maybe, but they ain't challenging anyone... so I ask again... Does this move have anything to do with winning? If not, then why did he use that as his excuse?

If he wants a fresh start, cool... but don't say you want a team to make moves to win if you sign and extension to play with a team that makes the laziest moves to make you happy... I mean how hard was it to ask for Rip and Billups?

icon1914
01-11-2011, 03:23 AM
This sounds like something Jared Lee Loughner would write if he was into basketball. :p

Too soon.... Too soon... but still funny...

SNYmets86
01-11-2011, 03:52 AM
the nets should sell their soul while they added. and maybe .. maybe melo signs on the dot

kblo247
01-11-2011, 04:01 AM
What? Sometimes its easy to forget subtle, but important, moves a team makes to get better... First of all Denver is a small market, so no they did not make a number of blockbuster deals... but they did trade for Iverson... they become a playoff team... after that turned out to be limited, they traded for Billups ( they could of let Iverson expire if they did not care) and took on a longer deal... they went to the Western Conference Finals... while they had Carmelo they extended deals on role players like Anderson and Nene'... While obviously it was not enough, Denver did what it could.

Now I know a team with Melo, Rip, and CB would be a playoff team in the East, I don't see them being anymore of a threat to the Celtics,Magic, and the Heat than the Nuggets would be to the Lakers or Spurs... The Nets, w/ Melo & Co., would not be a contender... Solid playoff team, maybe, but they ain't challenging anyone... so I ask again... Does this move have anything to do with winning? If not, then why did he use that as his excuse?

If he wants a fresh start, cool... but don't say you want a team to make moves to win if you sign and extension to play with a team that makes the laziest moves to make you happy... I mean how hard was it to ask for Rip and Billups?

The Nuggets with Melo were a playoff team before Iverson because they had Andre Miller. They had their hands tied because Melo and JR both were suspended for a number of games with after that fight with Nate. I can't give them a positive grade for dealing for Iverson but won't fail them either as they were in a bad situation.

I give them credit for trading Iverson away for Billups. That was a good move on their part.

Denver has made a ton of bad moves
- Bidding against themselves and giving Kenyon Martin a max deal
- Trading Camby away to the Clippers to cut costs
- Letting Kleiza walk this summer for nothing after he was one of their better performers against LA
- In a summer where LA, Boston, Miami, New York, and so on all added talent they blew their load on Al Harrington and Shelden Williams

The Nuggets are fodder plain and simple as long as Anderson and Martin aren't certain to play. They bring the toughness to that team and are their defensive backbone.

Before Carmelo, the Nuggets were one of the laughing stocks of the league, Melo got them to the playoffs as a rookie. There was no history of good play or competing in recent memory aside from their time with Mutumbo.

The Nets at least have a recent history of competing and being competent when it came to competing due to their management.

They are entering a new era under an owner looking to market his own global star and create a winning franchise. To do that they need a player capable of drawing and playing at a high level nightly, which is what Carmelo does. They also need veterans you know how to win and can help police a locker room and help young players like Lopez along, Rip and Chauncey fit that mold. It may seem strange to trade youth for age now, but the franchise can make a giant step forward after a terrible year by making the playoffs and taking their lumps/putting up a fight against the 8th seed. Carmelo knows and has seen the value of experience himself by playing with Andre Miller, Marcus Camby, and Chauncey.

Going against Boston won't be a piece of cake, but going against Miami might at least allow them to steal 2 games or even push it to 7 since the Heat as well would be entering their first postseason together and having to also integrate both Miller and Haslem into the rotation.

I totally understand why the Nets would do this.

As for Melo going through with this, it is simple. He gets to play in a big market for the first time in his career. He gets to move to a new arena which will be declared his house and his house alone. He gets to work for an owner with global reach who will market him around the world and is rich enough and willing to foot the bill to bring in talent over cutting corners financially and just letting players who have helped him go, like Denver has done in recent times.

karrbinator
01-11-2011, 04:02 AM
a lot of people are talking about how the nets have so many more picks than the knicks...yes, this is true, but the picks are not necessarily valuable. What 1st rounders do the nets have the next 2 years?

They have their own 1st rounder, which they may or not be willing to move, as well as the Lakers 1st rounder. So basically, around the #5 pick and the #30. How valuable is the #30 pick in a weak draft? Not at all, and i doubt nets will give up their own pick.

Nets again have their own 1st rounder. They have a lottery protected pick from the Rockets that could end up being anywhere from the 16-24 range, which has some value, but not outstanding. The last pick is from the warriors which is also essentially lottery protected for 3 years, and if Warriors are consistently bad for 3 seasons, which is possible, this pick would only amount to 2 future second rounders.

Favors is a good prospect, but Chandler is far more developed and proven. Nuggets have 0 need for a PG like Harris because they have Lawson. And Knicks could give up Randolph either to Denver or trade him for a mid 1st rounder which could be included in the deal. Between Chandler, Randolph, Douglas (more of a combo guard), that might be enough for Denver...

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 04:05 AM
a lot of people are talking about how the nets have so many more picks than the knicks...yes, this is true, but the picks are not necessarily valuable. What 1st rounders do the nets have the next 2 years?

They have their own 1st rounder, which they may or not be willing to move, as well as the Lakers 1st rounder. So basically, around the #5 pick and the #30. How valuable is the #30 pick in a weak draft? Not at all, and i doubt nets will give up their own pick.

Nets again have their own 1st rounder. They have a lottery protected pick from the Rockets that could end up being anywhere from the 16-24 range, which has some value, but not outstanding. The last pick is from the warriors which is also essentially lottery protected for 3 years, and if Warriors are consistently bad for 3 seasons, which is possible, this pick would only amount to 2 future second rounders.

Favors is a good prospect, but Chandler is far more developed and proven. Nuggets have 0 need for a PG. And Knicks could give up Randolph either to Denver or trade him for a mid 1st rounder which could be included in the deal. Between Chandler, Randolph, Douglas, that might be enough for Denver...
The Warriors pick is protected 1-7 and then 1-6 afterwards. 2012 supposedly has a deep draft class.

karrbinator
01-11-2011, 04:10 AM
The Warriors pick is protected 1-7 and then 1-6 afterwards. 2012 supposedly has a deep draft class.

my mistake. misread it, they modified the deal at some point...how did the nets get away with that heist....and you really think they wanna get rid of that pick lol?

all i'm saying is that I think the Knicks have a very legitimate offer. To me, Fields and Gallo are untouchable. Chandler and Melo at least play a similar position and Chandler has proven himself as someone who average 20-7 a night. Randolph obviously has a lot of potential or could be moved for the pick, and Douglas is great defensively and is a decent scorer off bench. Plus the Eddy Curry expiring deal helps ensure that Nuggs will have cap space for this offseason.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 04:12 AM
my mistake. misread it, they modified the deal at some point...how did the nets get away with that heist....and you really think they wanna get rid of that pick lol?

all i'm saying is that I think the Knicks have a very legitimate offer. To me, Fields and Gallo are untouchable. Chandler and Melo at least play a similar position and Chandler has proven himself as someone who average 20-7 a night. Randolph obviously has a lot of potential or could be moved for the pick, and Douglas is great defensively and is a decent scorer off bench. Plus the Eddy Curry expiring deal helps ensure that Nuggs will have cap space for this offseason.

Honestly, Marcus Williams is amazing. And no I don't want to do it Proky's way.

biglord
01-11-2011, 04:38 AM
why would denver want favors, he cant even stay on the floor,he fouls way to much rightnow to help any team, and harris is not a frontline player as u see in jersey and then on top of that melo is not going to resign with the nets and that roster for a promise not when thats the reason he want out of denver. that would going from bad to worse there's a mystery team thats going to step up and get melo and it will be a contender good luck new york.

SNYmets86
01-11-2011, 05:34 AM
lakers will be the team he will join . u heard it 1st from me

Tommyh1331
01-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Kind of think I would take fields, landry, and gallo and a first for melo and harrington...as a magic fan I am way more impressed of those 3 than anything the Nets can offer, that's just my opinion

BirdIsTheWord
01-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Kind of think I would take fields, landry, and gallo and a first for melo and harrington...as a magic fan I am way more impressed of those 3 than anything the Nets can offer, that's just my opinion

Little mistake there

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 06:03 AM

And Billups?... Denver ownership wants to save money.

John Walls Era
01-11-2011, 06:28 AM

Landry Fields is so good that he now counts as 2 players in trades....

I rather have Favors, Harris and 3 first rounders (2 lottery for sure) than a sharpshooter and a guy with Shane Battier type ceiling.

Tommyh1331
01-11-2011, 06:33 AM
lol my bad i meant chandler it's late...how many first rounders are the Nets offering for Melo?

knicks_champ
01-11-2011, 07:55 AM
I just want this Melo situation to be done with, so Walsh can focus on getting a big man for our team.

EaglesJackson10
01-11-2011, 08:14 AM
The fact that this is public shows that the Nets are not worried about this threat at all.

sintaks12
01-11-2011, 08:45 AM
I want the Nets to just walk away from this and let Denver sweat.
After they've done some negotiating with the Knicks the Nuggs will come crawling back because the deals that have been reported recently are far better than anything else they're going to get.

Knicks fans can name all the players they want but from what I've seen they don't want to trade any of them. I thought they already said they were going to re-sign Chandler, and Fields is apparently untouchable. Then when a lot of Knicks fans have named their future team they've got Gallo at SF and Melo at SG. So who exactly is getting traded? especially a trade that trumps what the Nets have offered.

Anyway, having said that I wouldn't mind NY coming in and lowballing Denver, the Nuggs FO deserve to get screwed over after all their crap.

Just walk away Nets, these clowns from Denver don't deserve to be getting such good offers. When the deadline approaches the Nuggs won't be able to keep upping their demands.

The trump card has nothing to do with the pieces involved... it's Melo's willingness to sign the extension. It's been this way since the beginning. Of course NJ's offer is better. My god, they're giving up the farm for him and now considering taking on Al Buckets. NY can't match that. The only way Melo goes to the Knicks is if he sticks to his guns and says NY or bust. Then we can trade whatever the hell we want for him.

Swashcuff
01-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Your sig is awesome!

Not a Bulls fan but I %10000000 agree with your sig bro. LET KYLE PLAY!!!!!

cheetos185
01-11-2011, 09:09 AM
melo wants the money and win in the end i think it's gonna be dallas knicks or other contenders who can give them some value if your melo would you go to a team thats getting raped and will have barely any assets available

PennyMy#1
01-11-2011, 09:22 AM
lol complete bluff. Nets have a great package there offering. IMO its too great. I think they should keep what they have a get a good young SF in the draft. They have a great roster of good young players, and trading away Devin Harris and Derrick Favors would be terrible for them. Just my opinion

Not just yours ... my opinion, too.

JordansBulls
01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Then the Nuggets should trade him to the Bulls.

Hindy27
01-11-2011, 09:42 AM
The trump card has nothing to do with the pieces involved... it's Melo's willingness to sign the extension. It's been this way since the beginning. Of course NJ's offer is better. My god, they're giving up the farm for him and now considering taking on Al Buckets. NY can't match that. The only way Melo goes to the Knicks is if he sticks to his guns and says NY or bust. Then we can trade whatever the hell we want for him.
lol, Melo has virtually no say in this, and he will be willing to sign the extension wherever he is sent.

His agents are going to talk him into signing the extension, they want to get paid, Melo also wants to get paid. When push comes to shove he will sign the extension no matter who trades for him. There's far too much money at stake to risk Denver calling his bluff. That's why his agent has been involved in these Nets/Nuggs negotiations, he's trying to get some of Melo's buddies there to make him feel better about it.

If Melo sticks to his guns and is NY or bust then he loses millions in the new cba, if he waits until FA. So he may sit back and try to get a deal to the Knicks but in the end Melo won't leave all that money on the table so they'll have to trade for him, and a rental just won't happen.

So to sum it up, this will end up being a case of Melo going to the highest bidder, so the only way he ends up with the Knicks is if they outbid the Nets.
Melo's willingness has nothing to do with this, he will sign the extension even if he is traded to Alaska.

I actually didn't think the Nets had a chance of getting him until yesterday when I found out his agent is getting nothing from his current deal. It's amazing how much influence agents have on these small minded players these days.

obcha22
01-11-2011, 09:51 AM

Nope. A knicks source. lol

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-11-2011, 09:52 AM
lol, Melo has virtually no say in this, and he will be willing to sign the extension wherever he is sent.

His agents are going to talk him into signing the extension, they want to get paid, Melo also wants to get paid. When push comes to shove he will sign the extension no matter who trades for him. There's far too much money at stake to risk Denver calling his bluff. That's why his agent has been involved in these Nets/Nuggs negotiations, he's trying to get some of Melo's buddies there to make him feel better about it.

If Melo sticks to his guns and is NY or bust then he loses millions in the new cba, if he waits until FA. So he may sit back and try to get a deal to the Knicks but in the end Melo won't leave all that money on the table so they'll have to trade for him, and a rental just won't happen.

So to sum it up, this will end up being a case of Melo going to the highest bidder, so the only way he ends up with the Knicks is if they outbid the Nets.
Melo's willingness has nothing to do with this, he will sign the extension even if he is traded to Alaska.

I actually didn't think the Nets had a chance of getting him until yesterday when I found out his agent is getting nothing from his current deal. It's amazing how much influence agents have on these small minded players these days.

Would he really sign with ANY team he's traded too? If that's the case then why not sign in Denver?

Your basically saying Melo hates Denver.

Sandman
01-11-2011, 09:53 AM
That's not what has been reported to this point, at all, and this whole thing began with and is centered around Melo's willingness to sign an extension.

rhymeratic
01-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Time to chime in.... If Nets and Knicks are smart, neither should trade for Melo. Let Denver try and find another team to deal with their stupidity... and watch... Melo won't get traded, play out the rest of the year and then Denver loses. End of story.

Fred
01-11-2011, 09:57 AM
It should be blatantly obvious why melo wants out of there now....what's next? is the Denver FO going to hold their breath until they are purple if NJ leaks anything else?

punks

BklynKnicks3
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
This is good for Nets has any1 ever talked about them that much lol, No wonder they leak everything they get to feel like what it is to matter. Like the Knicks feel everyday even when they sucked.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Time to chime in.... If Nets and Knicks are smart, neither should trade for Melo. Let Denver try and find another team to deal with their stupidity... and watch... Melo won't get traded, play out the rest of the year and then Denver loses. End of story.

Lol if Denver loses by not trading Melo at all, then Knicks win.

Its like this

Nets: Hey Knicks lets **** with Denver, lets not trade for him!!
Knicks: Haha, ye let's do that buddy!

Denver: Hey where did everyone go

*trade deadline passes*

Denver: NOOOOOO

Nets: OWNED
Knicks: HAHA
Melo: :P

*Summer* Melo signs with Knicks

Nets: wtf
Knicks: MUAHAHAHAH

NYY 26 to 7
01-11-2011, 10:11 AM
This is just unreal. The only thing that really makes sense is whats the rush for Denver? I'm sure they'll get the same package a month down the road where they can asure that the NJ pick will be a lottery pick. Let them keep losing and you help your cause - thats the only reason I can see for dragging this out. But wow dick move and childish move. NJ has been bent over for you for 3+ months at least give them a reach around Denver.

sintaks12
01-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Lol, he has all the say in the world. The decision is his. Now, do I think he'll leave all that money on the table, hell no. I agree that his agent wants paid and will be in his ear every step of the way. I didn't say it was likely... just that this is the only way he goes to New York... because we can't outbid NJ. Unfortunate for my team. Oh well, let's go get a big man.

gsnts725
01-11-2011, 10:31 AM
if they said to me and I was Billy King, i'd tell em to go eff themselves. because they're giving up a lot anyway.

pistonsfanomg
01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I would take Gallo, Chandler and Fields for Melo in a heartbeat

pistonsfanomg
01-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Lol if Denver loses by not trading Melo at all, then Knicks win.

Its like this

Nets: Hey Knicks lets **** with Denver, lets not trade for him!!
Knicks: Haha, ye let's do that buddy!

Denver: Hey where did everyone go

*trade deadline passes*

Denver: NOOOOOO

Nets: OWNED
Knicks: HAHA
Melo: :P

*Summer* Melo signs with Knicks

Nets: wtf
Knicks: MUAHAHAHAH

lol What a creative story you have there.

BigBlueCrew
01-11-2011, 11:16 AM
"You betta shutup or we gotta trade him to the Knicks"

Dance Proky Dance!!
--Nuggets Front Office

Hindy27
01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Would he really sign with ANY team he's traded too? If that's the case then why not sign in Denver?

Your basically saying Melo hates Denver.
Well we wouldn't have any of these threads or discussions if he wanted to stay there.
Maybe that's why Denver are stalling, maybe they think if it gets too close to the deadline he'll just re-sign with them to collect his big payday.

That's not what has been reported to this point, at all, and this whole thing began with and is centered around Melo's willingness to sign an extension.
At no point in any of these trade discussions has it gotten to Melo's decision on signing the extension. Denver haven't accepted any deal yet, they are the ones stalling.

It has been widely reported that when the Nets and Nuggs finally agree to terms then Proky and the Nets will get to sit down with him to see if he will sign with them. If he doesn't then the deal doesn't happen. There has not been 1 report anywhere of a meeting with the Nets taking place. So he hasn't had an opportunity to even so no to them. So this stuff about him constantly rejecting the Nets is total garbage.

There has also been a lot of reports recently that have said he would sign with the Nets anyway, I don't know if he will or won't but there have been reports that say he will.

I'd love to see Denver get screwed on this as well, but IMO Melo is signing that extension, whether it's with the Nets, Knicks, Denver or Timbucktoo

Lol, he has all the say in the world. The decision is his. Now, do I think he'll leave all that money on the table, hell no. I agree that his agent wants paid and will be in his ear every step of the way. I didn't say it was likely... just that this is the only way he goes to New York... because we can't outbid NJ. Unfortunate for my team. Oh well, let's go get a big man.
I think his only decision is whether to re-sign with Denver or take the extension with the highest bidder. To me those are the only 2 possible outcomes and as the deadline approaches he will see that and have to choose between those 2.

Young and Stupid
01-11-2011, 11:19 AM
The New Jersey Nets are pathetic. This is hilarious. I'll stick with my original prediction: Melo will be wearing a Knicks jersey within the next year.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Well we wouldn't have any of these threads or discussions if he wanted to stay there.
Maybe that's why Denver are stalling, maybe they think if it gets too close to the deadline he'll just re-sign with them to collect his big payday.

Do you really think the main reason was because Melo wanted to get out of Denver or go to a certain team?

Obviously eventually he will get out of Denver and go to another team but is the main reason because he was unhappy with Denver or just craving New York.

Sandman
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
At no point in any of these trade discussions has it gotten to Melo's decision on signing the extension. Denver haven't accepted any deal yet, they are the ones stalling.
Right, but to say that Melo is a lock to sign an extension wherever he goes or that his willingness to sign it is a non factor goes against everything that has been reported since July.

bahama0811
01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I think this will get the trade done faster. Now these teams can negotiate without having to worry about the media is going to spew out. This deal may have already been done if the Nets weren't leaking everything.

Hindy27
01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Do you really think the main reason was because Melo wanted to get out of Denver or go to a certain team?

Obviously eventually he will get out of Denver and go to another team but is the main reason because he was unhappy with Denver or just craving New York.
It doesn't matter, because I think his main priority is signing the extension. He may want to go to NY and sign with the Knicks but to keep all that money I wouldn't be surprised to see him settle for going to NY and signing with the Nets. Knicks fans can carry on about it being Newark etc etc. but wherever he was going to choose to live if he went to the Knicks he can quite easily live in the very same house and play for the Nets.

So when the hours wind down on the day of the trade deadline and his only options are signing the extension to stay in Denver or signing it to go to the Nets, he will be picking one of those.

He can't force Denver to trade him to the Knicks, he can try but if they want the Nets deal more then staying in Denver or going to the Nets will be his only options. If Denver let him slide off to FA then they will most probably get a TE in a sign and trade with the Knicks but Melo would be way worse off. So as I say I think he will be 100% certain to sign that extension, and Denver I'm sure will only be taking the highest bid.

Right, but to say that Melo is a lock to sign an extension wherever he goes or that his willingness to sign it is a non factor goes against everything that has been reported since July.
Most of that has just been speculation, which was mainly based on that CP3 toast at his wedding. CP3 was just making a joke about the Miami 3, but Knicks fans and some sections of the media took it as gospel as though it was serious.
Hell, he may have been serious but none of us really know, from what I read on it though he was making a joke.

My main point on him signing the extension is because of his agent. As I said I actually didn't think the Nets could get him until I found out his agent doesn't get anything from Melo's current deal. These agents have so much influence on players these days that Melo will go wherever his agent tells him. With his agent currently receiving nothing from his playing contract I think his agent will make sure he signs the extension. So IMO it will be those 2 options, re-sign with Denver or sign with the highest trade bidder. That may or may not be the Nets, the Knicks still might decide to make a good offer.

The Nuggets have shown in their negotiations that they want as much as they can get for Melo, so I doubt they stick to their threat to send him to NY out of spite against the Nets.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 11:44 AM

I don't think you guys really understand what kind of team the Nets can really build with this trade...1 they are only giving up 2 of the 5 first round picks..#2 its going to be easying for them to get a free agent with Melo and Lopez than with the team they have now..they still will have a large amount of cap space and im sure they would still add a couple of players

Young and Stupid
01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I think this will get the trade done faster. Now these teams can negotiate without having to worry about the media is going to spew out. This deal may have already been done if the Nets weren't leaking everything.

You honestly believe this? Funny.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 12:00 PM
possible Nets 2011-2012 line up

B Lopez
T Chandler
Melo
Stevenson/ Pietrus / J Richardson
Billups / draft pick

lvlheaded
01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
This whole situation has gotten so far out of hand that I hope more than anything Denver gets completely screwed, which makes me feel bad for their fans but thats what the FO deserves at this point

Bornknick73
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
We have good chips to rebuild with. We can provide a good balance of cap relief and assets. 5 first rounders in the next two seasons. Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and Anthony Morrow in the mix w/ a large expiring Troy Murphy.

Im just curious...if you have such good chips to rebuild with, why are the Nets trading them all for 1 player and a bunch of has beens?

This is insane. 5, count em, 5 first round picks in the next 2 years. You already have a PG a C and a young PF. You have a very nice cap situation going forward and tons of assets to rebuild with. And your team is gonna throw it all away for a scoring SF with no D (Superstar nonetheless) a SG and PG in thier mid 30s past thier primes and making big money. Your C cant rebound and is defensively challenged.

The Nets are gonna pay RIP whos like 35 over 12 mil a year and are gonna have to give Billups 14 mil next year or he walks. So 12+14+20= 48. So 46 million for 3 players. And then you gotta extend your C who doesnt play D or rebound and fill out your bench.

And this is how Proky is gonna win a title in 5 years? I guess he hasnt watched Denver play the last 7 years. Melo is a great player but he cant lead a team to the title. Melo is a secondary star who helps you get over the hump. Now, with what money or draft picks are you gonna rebuild with? So its like a reverse 2 year Knicks plan.

We tanked for 2 years trying to land the big fish, Nets land the big fish and tank for 2 years? Because you arent really gonna be able to put championship caliber talent around him until 2012 at the earliest. And you wont have any 1st rounders to add any young talent in those 2 years.

From a basketball standpoint this is the dumbest trade of all time, well trading Wilt was pretty dumb too. This is strictly a PR move and has nothing to do with winning basketball games.

Sandman
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Most of that has just been speculation, which was mainly based on that CP3 toast at his wedding. CP3 was just making a joke about the Miami 3, but Knicks fans and some sections of the media took it as gospel as though it was serious.
Hell, he may have been serious but none of us really know, from what I read on it though he was making a joke.

My main point on him signing the extension is because of his agent. As I said I actually didn't think the Nets could get him until I found out his agent doesn't get anything from Melo's current deal. These agents have so much influence on players these days that Melo will go wherever his agent tells him. With his agent currently receiving nothing from his playing contract I think his agent will make sure he signs the extension. So IMO it will be those 2 options, re-sign with Denver or sign with the highest trade bidder. That may or may not be the Nets, the Knicks still might decide to make a good offer.

The Nuggets have shown in their negotiations that they want as much as they can get for Melo, so I doubt they stick to their threat to send him to NY out of spite against the Nets.

I see where you're going. It's definitely all speculation. The only concrete thing we have to go on are that he doesn't want to be in Denver. You can make an inference from there that he's either got something up his sleeve already, or that he just wants to go to a team he feels is heading in a better direction. The media are running with the former, but its likely just the latter.

As far the agent goes, I think they do wield a lot of influence over players in pro sports. Players get screwed out of places they wanted to be or wanted to go because of their agent. But in the NBA, especially for a player like Carmelo, I don't think they hold much influence at all. There's no negotiating involved. Anthony would get the same max contract offer from every team. I'm sure the agent is kicking him to get it done, but there's no way to make him feel the urgency.

Hindy27
01-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Im just curious...if you have such good chips to rebuild with, why are the Nets trading them all for 1 player and a bunch of has beens?

This is insane. 5, count em, 5 first round picks in the next 2 years. You already have a PG a C and a young PF. You have a very nice cap situation going forward and tons of assets to rebuild with. And your team is gonna throw it all away for a scoring SF with no D (Superstar nonetheless) a SG and PG in thier mid 30s past thier primes and making big money. Your C cant rebound and is defensively challenged.

The Nets are gonna pay RIP whos like 35 over 12 mil a year and are gonna have to give Billups 14 mil next year or he walks. So 12+14+20= 48. So 46 million for 3 players. And then you gotta extend your C who doesnt play D or rebound and fill out your bench.

And this is how Proky is gonna win a title in 5 years? I guess he hasnt watched Denver play the last 7 years. Melo is a great player but he cant lead a team to the title. Melo is a secondary star who helps you get over the hump. Now, with what money or draft picks are you gonna rebuild with? So its like a reverse 2 year Knicks plan.

We tanked for 2 years trying to land the big fish, Nets land the big fish and tank for 2 years? Because you arent really gonna be able to put championship caliber talent around him until 2012 at the earliest. And you wont have any 1st rounders to add any young talent in those 2 years.

From a basketball standpoint this is the dumbest trade of all time, well trading Wilt was pretty dumb too. This is strictly a PR move and has nothing to do with winning basketball games.

Sad but true.
I'd love to get Melo but the deals that have been discussed lately are just plain bad, we are giving up too much. If Billups and Rip were younger it would be a good deal, but with their age it's not. The only one positive out of it is a small chance at using Billups' expiring to make a run a CP3, but there is nothing much else to throw in there because we'd be giving it all up in this Melo deal.

As you say, going after Melo is a pure business decision, just to have a superstar for the Brooklyn move. Hopefully he'd attract others but the number 1 reason they are so desperate to get him is to put bums on seats in Brooklyn.

With our current record we are looking at a top 5 pick in the draft, even higher with a little bit of luck, and there are plenty of good SFs in the draft that would slide straight into our weakest position. Then the Nets would have a good solid young team that could grow together for years to come.

Kashmir13579
01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
if they accept the Knicks' offer of Gallinari, Douglas, Randolph, and picks. :laugh2:

Denver is soo boned.

masalex1205
01-11-2011, 12:33 PM
What's wrong w/ you people? Its a negotiation tactic

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 12:37 PM

well a draft pick is never a sure thing and i would rather give up to possiblies for one no doubt the possiblies would be the 2 draft picks and the no doubter would be Melo you know what you have in him so its an easy choice when you still have 3 other # 1's plus a Center and Cap space

Da Knicks
01-11-2011, 12:41 PM
People need to realize that Carmelo can play the whole season and end up on the team he wants and get paid. Lebron just pulled the same move did you people just forget that or what? Melo will get paid, the only thing was that he wanted to get traded this season already and not waste this season in Denver with no chance at a ring. Denver is simply trying to get more for him by making the nets who are desperate offer more and more.

They have to show the denver fans that they tried to trade him and couldnt succeed. Melo will be a nugget till the end of the season if he cant get denver to do what he wants or has asked. In the end it will be Melo going where he wants to go and telling Denver you want to do a sign and trade to get something back or lose me for nothing. Lebron and Bosh just pulled the same thing last year and both ended up being signed and traded to the team they wanted. Not too hard to understand that melo does have the upper hand.

justcallmetm
01-11-2011, 12:43 PM
If the Nets do this trade I would laugh at it they get there superstar they crave but at the end they lose so much in it also.

For 1. The draft picks discussed has already been said would be the NETS own draft pick for this year and the Warriors pick , leaving them with the 3 garbage picks yeah way to go Billy King your at it again.

2. The team wouldnt be any good Hamilton and Melo are the same type players efficient from the mid range game and not very good at shooting 3's, and backcourt of the old Pistons reunited is pretty sad cause its 2011 not 2003 anymore and there in there 30's, locked in for next year and RIP still on the hook for 2012 with Brooks contract extension and taking Al Buckets only add to what denver is trying to do they create financial flexability and leaving the Nets in there shoes strapped for cash for the next couple years with no room for improvements.

3. Billy King is a joke of a GM he will do the same thing to the Nets like he did with the Sixers when they had A.I, 1 superstar and a bunch of Blah players and still nothing to show for he overpayed for half-*** talent and left the franchise in a mess with a bunch of wasted picks or trading there picks for vet bums and oversized contracts, he will do the same for the Nets.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Sad but true.
I'd love to get Melo but the deals that have been discussed lately are just plain bad, we are giving up too much. If Billups and Rip were younger it would be a good deal, but with their age it's not. The only one positive out of it is a small chance at using Billups' expiring to make a run a CP3, but there is nothing much else to throw in there because we'd be giving it all up in this Melo deal.

As you say, going after Melo is a pure business decision, just to have a superstar for the Brooklyn move. Hopefully he'd attract others but the number 1 reason they are so desperate to get him is to put bums on seats in Brooklyn.

With our current record we are looking at a top 5 pick in the draft, even higher with a little bit of luck, and there are plenty of good SFs in the draft that would slide straight into our weakest position. Then the Nets would have a good solid young team that could grow together for years to come.

i don't understand why you think its a bad deal billups and rip only have 1 year on their contracts paul is not getting traded this year so... maybe the nets go after paul next year and use a couple of the other 3 1st round picks to get him

Antipod
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I`m sick of this ****. It`s getting worse than the Lebron saga :facepalm:

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
People need to realize that Carmelo can play the whole season and end up on the team he wants and get paid. Lebron just pulled the same move did you people just forget that or what? Melo will get paid, the only thing was that he wanted to get traded this season already and not waste this season in Denver with no chance at a ring. Denver is simply trying to get more for him by making the nets who are desperate offer more and more.

They have to show the denver fans that they tried to trade him and couldnt succeed. Melo will be a nugget till the end of the season if he cant get denver to do what he wants or has asked. In the end it will be Melo going where he wants to go and telling Denver you want to do a sign and trade to get something back or lose me for nothing. Lebron and Bosh just pulled the same thing last year and both ended up being signed and traded to the team they wanted. Not too hard to understand that melo does have the upper hand.

Melo will get paid but NOWHERE near the amount he is getting offered now

Hindy27
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM

I'll just paste what I said in the other thread.

It's possible but I don't think it happens.
Denver are looking to shed salary, a trade exception doesn't do that. It only allows them to add more, which they don't want to do. So if they are forced into a sign and trade at the end of the season with the Knicks they know it will be a lowball offer.

That's why I think as the deadline gets closer they will give him an ultimatum, sign the extension with team X that's offered the best package, sign the extension with Denver and stay or they won't do a S&T at the end of the season, which means he'll lose millions. That'll pressure him into signing the extension before the deadline.

As for LeBron and Bosh, I'm sure Toronto and Cleveland would rather a package of Favors, Harris, a large expiring like Murphy, a bunch of possible lottery draft picks all while giving up some of their own high salaries instead of a trade exception.

i don't understand why you think its a bad deal billups and rip only have 1 year on their contracts paul is not getting traded this year so... maybe the nets go after paul next year and use a couple of the other 3 1st round picks to get him
I'd love it if that were to happen, I even said that was a positive out of this deal.

It isn't a given though and I'm not sure I'd do the deal while thinking Paul was going to end up as a Net. So it would be a great deal if that were to happen, but if it doesn't then the Nets would be just be a good team for a year or 2 and then have to go back to the drawing board to try and surround Melo with talent.

The 1st round picks still depend on what we give up for Melo and at the moment I think King would give them up, he's got crazy eyes right now. Or a big Russian behind him forcing him into it.

Young and Stupid
01-11-2011, 12:52 PM
People need to realize that Carmelo can play the whole season and end up on the team he wants and get paid. Lebron just pulled the same move did you people just forget that or what? Melo will get paid.

This **** right here *****, this **** right here.

All kidding aside, the above quote displays your ignorance to the whole situation. If what you said was true then the Nets would not have a chance to acquire Melo, he would just play the year out and sign with the Knicks. It benefits the Knicks because they're able to retain their young pieces, it benefits Melo because he gets to play alongside Stat in MSG and LaLa gets to live on the coast. This however, is not the case.

I hope you're aware that after the conclusion of this season the owners and the Players' Union will attempt to come together and agree on a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA). With the new CBA, it is almost guaranteed that Carmelo will not be able to ink a contract as large as he can now. That's why New Jersey is even an option for Melo, he wants to sign an extension before the new CBA so that he can get as much money as possible from his contract. Obviously, he still stands to make plenty of money from endorsements, but the contract won't be as large. How can you comment on this situation without knowing that?

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
If the Nets do this trade I would laugh at it they get there superstar they crave but at the end they lose so much in it also.

For 1. The draft picks discussed has already been said would be the NETS own draft pick for this year and the Warriors pick , leaving them with the 3 garbage picks yeah way to go Billy King your at it again.

2. The team wouldnt be any good Hamilton and Melo are the same type players efficient from the mid range game and not very good at shooting 3's, and backcourt of the old Pistons reunited is pretty sad cause its 2011 not 2003 anymore and there in there 30's, locked in for next year and RIP still on the hook for 2012 with Brooks contract extension and taking Al Buckets only add to what denver is trying to do they create financial flexability and leaving the Nets in there shoes strapped for cash for the next couple years with no room for improvements.

3. Billy King is a joke of a GM he will do the same thing to the Nets like he did with the Sixers when they had A.I, 1 superstar and a bunch of Blah players and still nothing to show for he overpayed for half-*** talent and left the franchise in a mess with a bunch of wasted picks or trading there picks for vet bums and oversized contracts, he will do the same for the Nets.

okay so this is for your first statement who can the Nets get in this years draft thats better than MELO who is a proven NBA player ? Your second statement Melo and Hamilton are totally different types of players Hamilton mostly comes off of screens and really has to work to get his own shot...MELO can score with is back to the basket on the block , off the dribble or spot up rearly does the later and he is a great finish and closer ..Billups contract is over after this year so that $13 mill of the books...and as far as age goes shooting is the last thing that goes when you get older. So if this trade goes down anytime with in the next 10 days there is NO way the Nets draft pick is in the top 5. Now that last statement ha ha ha i have no comment for cause that part was true ha ha ha

xabial
01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
i think which ever Team Carmelo goes to, will be a First to Second Round Exit, unless Knicks address their weakness at The Center Position, and i dont know who the Nets weaknesses are but i know their 10-27.

slyone_nyc
01-11-2011, 01:01 PM

lmfao, you make it sound as if thats a good deal for you guys... mello isn't worth all of that... if anyone thinks he is, they're a damn fool...

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:02 PM

ha ha ha the Nets are not gonna pay Billups $14 mill next year but what they might do is spend $10 mill a year on T Chandler which would cover Lopez's flaws

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
lmfao, you make it sound as if thats a good deal for you guys... mello isn't worth all of that... if anyone thinks he is, they're a damn fool...

well im sure if melo was on the Nets at the start of the season and these players where on the nuggets the nets would have more than 10 wins alrdy

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:12 PM
the Nets don't have a Leader...and when have decent talent and a leader that can make a big difference

topdog
01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
They're feeding off of NJ's desperation. New Jersey should stop leaking stuff, but they also need to walk away from the table and quit adjusting to every new demand. Denver is just playing off their desperation to get as much as they can before the trade deadline.

justcallmetm
01-11-2011, 01:14 PM
okay so this is for your first statement who can the Nets get in this years draft thats better than MELO who is a proven NBA player ? Your second statement Melo and Hamilton are totally different types of players Hamilton mostly comes off of screens and really has to work to get his own shot...MELO can score with is back to the basket on the block , off the dribble or spot up rearly does the later and he is a great finish and closer ..Billups contract is over after this year so that $13 mill of the books...and as far as age goes shooting is the last thing that goes when you get older. So if this trade goes down anytime with in the next 10 days there is NO way the Nets draft pick is in the top 5. Now that last statement ha ha ha i have no comment for cause that part was true ha ha ha

umm, Nets already said they would pick up Billups contract for next season if not he would ask for a buyout as soon as he is traded and also rip is signed for 2 more years so wont be a FA till 2013 and Billups in 2012 with Lopez contract extension this offseason and the Salary Cap shrinking they wont have no money for anyone till 2012 at the lastest oh wait with the Outlaw and Buckets and Melo and Lopez and Hamilton they wont have no more money to sign crap in 2012 nevermind maybe in 2013 even then they may still be over the cap unless they have a hard cap in the next CBA and if so they will be forced to trade people away like in the NHL when they went into a Hard Cap

And when i say there the same type players i meant neither is 3pt shooters, so your left with 2 3pt shooter in Billups and Al Buckets and well Brooks cant grab rebound worth D**K why avery johnson prays he get 10 rebound anytime soon and well Al Buckets is a chucker who dont rebound much, Melo is a decent rebounder and Humphries so in all it doesnt really make them any better. There bench will be decent but NO BIG MEN TO BACK UP LOPEZ.

CostanzaNumba0
01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
ha ha ha the Nets are not gonna pay Billups $14 mill next year but what they might do is spend $10 mill a year on T Chandler which would cover Lopez's flaws

uhm, there's this thing in the league called a salary cap, you won't be able to afford him

Da Knicks
01-11-2011, 01:21 PM
This **** right here *****, this **** right here.

All kidding aside, the above quote displays your ignorance to the whole situation. If what you said was true then the Nets would not have a chance to acquire Melo, he would just play the year out and sign with the Knicks. It benefits the Knicks because they're able to retain their young pieces, it benefits Melo because he gets to play alongside Stat in MSG and LaLa gets to live on the coast. This however, is not the case.

I hope you're aware that after the conclusion of this season the owners and the Players' Union will attempt to come together and agree on a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA). With the new CBA, it is almost guaranteed that Carmelo will not be able to ink a contract as large as he can now. That's why New Jersey is even an option for Melo, he wants to sign an extension before the new CBA so that he can get as much money as possible from his contract. Obviously, he still stands to make plenty of money from endorsements, but the contract won't be as large. How can you comment on this situation without knowing that?

Listen young and stupid appropriate? Denver has Melos bird rights and that is why they can sign him to the bigger contract. If the new cba does come into effect you do realize they are talking about contracts already made being cut into? That means that no matter if Melo signs a contract now it will still be cut into to fit into the new cba. Melo was just trying to leave this season and gave Denver the destination he wanted, Denver is trying to show NY what the nets are offering to get more than they should get from NY. In the end Melo has the final say but he has to be worried about denvers front office being babies and losing out on him completely just to make him lose money.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
umm, Nets already said they would pick up Billups contract for next season if not he would ask for a buyout as soon as he is traded and also rip is signed for 2 more years so wont be a FA till 2013 and Billups in 2012 with Lopez contract extension this offseason and the Salary Cap shrinking they wont have no money for anyone till 2012 at the lastest oh wait with the Outlaw and Buckets and Melo and Lopez and Hamilton they wont have no more money to sign crap in 2012 nevermind maybe in 2013 even then they may still be over the cap unless they have a hard cap in the next CBA and if so they will be forced to trade people away like in the NHL when they went into a Hard Cap

And when i say there the same type players i meant neither is 3pt shooters, so your left with 2 3pt shooter in Billups and Al Buckets and well Brooks cant grab rebound worth D**K why avery johnson prays he get 10 rebound anytime soon and well Al Buckets is a chucker who dont rebound much, Melo is a decent rebounder and Humphries so in all it doesnt really make them any better. There bench will be decent but NO BIG MEN TO BACK UP LOPEZ.

the Nets want to make a play for Paul they aren't going to resign Billups

Young and Stupid
01-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Listen young and stupid appropriate? Denver has Melos bird rights and that is why they can sign him to the bigger contract. If the new cba does come into effect you do realize they are talking about contracts already made being cut into? That means that no matter if Melo signs a contract now it will still be cut into to fit into the new cba. Melo was just trying to leave this season and gave Denver the destination he wanted, Denver is trying to show NY what the nets are offering to get more than they should get from NY. In the end Melo has the final say but he has to be worried about denvers front office being babies and losing out on him completely just to make him lose money.

All of that is incorrect.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM

the nets don't want Al thats a part of the reason why there is no deal yea i agree Lopez couldn't rebound if he was the only player on the floor....but i think they will go after T Chandler in the off season... Humphries and Vujacic are unrestricted free agents after this season and Murphy and Ross are suppose to be involved in the trade Humphries that $3.2 mill off the books and Vujacic is another $5.4 mill off the books i don't think lopez is going to get paid crazy either...beside they can wait to resign him after they fill out the team and go over the cap to keep their own player if that doesn't change with the new CBA agreement

*Superman*
01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Just woke up. Saw all this info right now.

The Clippers' Blake Griffin is one Denver's dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected. The Nuggets have also made longstanding attempts to acquire the comparatively unheralded Nicolas Batum from Portland but have been equally rebuffed.

BLAKE GRIFFIN?? GTFO

The longer these talks drag on, of course, the more time the Knicks have to obtain a draft pick or two that might appeal as much to the Nuggets as what the Nets are offering. That means swapping vital product in terms of productive talent since their own -- this year's that Houston already has dibs to exchange for its own on and 2014 -- are relatively worthless.

What the Knicks do have is no-maintenance Wilson Chandler, whose value keeps increasing in quantum leaps. Before the season, even six weeks ago, the Nuggets had little interest in accepting the rising restricted free agent as partial payment for Anthony. That's not so anymore.

Sources say that the Nets will lay out a plan to Anthony aimed at acquiring Team USA point guard Chris Paul to join him with the Nets by the summer of 2012. The Nets, sources say, are als banking on the idea that Anthony would be willing to sign the extension with New Jersey because he's highly motivated to lock in his contract before labor negotiations this summer that are expected to establish a much more restrictive financial landscape in the league.

In late-September, the Rockets, who have the built-in disadvantage that we discussed on Friday of being a Western Conference rival of Denver's, had very little urgency to do an Anthony deal and even less to offer. Specifically, forward Luis Scola was not yet available to be traded, as the veteran who signed a five-year, $47 million in the summer could not be dealt until Dec. 15. And while the Nuggets are clearly looking to shed future salary that isn't deemed relevant to their future plans, their frontcourt needs far exceed any other area on the roster and sources say Scola has a favorable reputation among their decision makers.

The possibility for increased incentive on Houston's part can't be overlooked either, as the Rockets have gone from learning Yao would be out for the season (and perhaps his career) with an ankle injury to seeing their team lose five straight and fall to 16-21 on Sunday (they broke the streak with a win over Boston on Monday). While it's not known whether Anthony would consider signing an extension with the Rockets, sources have maintained for months that Houston has a confidence, or at least guarded optimism, similar to that of the Nets when it comes to that aspect of the deal.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
uhm, there's this thing in the league called a salary cap, you won't be able to afford him

your are aware that they have about $10 mill coming off the books right?

justcallmetm
01-11-2011, 01:43 PM
the nets don't want Al thats a part of the reason why there is no deal yea i agree Lopez couldn't rebound if he was the only player on the floor....but i think they will go after T Chandler in the off season... Humphries and Vujacic are unrestricted free agents after this season and Murphy and Ross are suppose to be involved in the trade Humphries that $3.2 mill off the books and Vujacic is another $5.4 mill off the books i don't think lopez is going to get paid crazy either...beside they can wait to resign him after they fill out the team and go over the cap to keep their own player if that doesn't change with the new CBA agreement

Yeah even tho,your really not understanding without upping Billups either for next season the deal fizzles regardless, Billups issue is you either you pick up next season or he wont report and will ask for a full buyout for the rest of this season and next. So there giving all that up for Melo and 2 years of RIP and then having to pay Billups some 18 mil for him to walk, this aint only about Melo but Billups also.

Da Knicks
All of that is incorrect.

explain...lol:)

A Nut Da 1
with the new agreement they might be able to get chandler for about $8 mill a year

fadedmario
01-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Denver will cave. NO team will come close to NJ's offer. NY has no chance.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah even tho,your really not understanding without upping Billups either for next season the deal fizzles regardless, Billups issue is you either you pick up next season or he wont report and will ask for a full buyout for the rest of this season and next. So there giving all that up for Melo and 2 years of RIP and then having to pay Billups some 18 mil for him to walk, this aint only about Melo but Billups also.

then Billups and some draft picks would likely become trade bait to get Paul which i could see happening

MJ-BULLS
01-11-2011, 01:49 PM
the Denver Nuggets general manager has really pulled out some crazy jokes.

A Nut Da 1
01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
i honestly don't think the Nets owner is going to have a problem going over the salary cap in order to put a good product on the floor

MrfadeawayJB
01-11-2011, 02:03 PM
That is not even a threat to the nets...knicks cannot package a good enough deal/picks, also they dont want to part w/ chandler

netsgiantsyanks
01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
lulz.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 02:25 PM

I think it's fairly obvious. Proky is calling the shots in this one. You don't lure endorsements w/ names like Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Brook Lopez, and the future draft picks unless they're a really big name coming out of college w/ a ton of hype to them (which is why winning the lotto was very important to Proky due to the hype of John Wall). Frankly, building up a household name is much harder to do with these assets unless the kid is amazingly hyped and it typically takes a couple of years to get that done and it still isn't a certainty that they'll become popular (and it really doesn't help that the Nets don't get any games on TNT/ESPN/ABC). From a marketing standpoint, Melo is the way to go because the casual can thinks he's a great player. By getting Melo, Proky will see an immediate return on his investment. For Proky, he must come into Brooklyn w/ at least one household name to start gaining ground on the Knicks in terms of market share.

If I had it my way, I wouldn't do it. And according to Woj's source, if King had it his way, he wouldn't do it either.
"The thought of pulling out of the Anthony drama has crossed the minds of Nets GM Billy King and coach Avery Johnson, sources said. They aren’t adverse to staying the course with Derrick Favors, the multiple draft picks and building a franchise a sure, methodical way," writes Wojnarowski,http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/1/10/1926774/message-from-moscow-king-willing-to-walk-but-not-prokhorov

justcallmetm
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I think it's fairly obvious. Proky is calling the shots in this one. You don't lure endorsements w/ names like Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Brook Lopez, and the future draft picks unless they're a really big name coming out of college w/ a ton of hype to them (which is why winning the lotto was very important to Proky due to the hype of John Wall). Frankly, building up a household name is much harder to do with these assets unless the kid is amazingly hyped and it typically takes a couple of years to get that done and it still isn't a certainty that they'll become popular (and it really doesn't help that the Nets don't get any games on TNT/ESPN/ABC). From a marketing standpoint, Melo is the way to go because the casual can thinks he's a great player. By getting Melo, Proky will see an immediate return on his investment. For Proky, he must come into Brooklyn w/ at least one household name to start gaining ground on the Knicks in terms of market share.

If I had it my way, I wouldn't do it. And according to Woj's source, if King had it his way, he wouldn't do it either. http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/1/10/1926774/message-from-moscow-king-willing-to-walk-but-not-prokhorov

By what Proxy is doing he will run the franchise into the ground more than what it already is giving up a tandem of Lopez and Favors which is alittle harder to get quality big's in that regard and a young PG cause there hit or miss for a household name , no picks and being cap strapped for the future and a unhappy superstar won't sit well for the coach the players and the GM.

I think King learned from his mistakes from when he ran the Sixers. But if Proxy is running the show on this then he in for a big learning experience, and he not looking to win any championships but looking to make a profit off someone while leaving everyone else unhappy it don't look like a bright future for the Nets. Instead of letting his FO do there jobs he thinks he is Jerry Jones and some of those owner's who dont let there FO do there job. NO WONDER THERE BEST GM THORN LEFT IN A HEARTBEAT CAUSE HE KNEW HE WOULDNT HAVE CONTROL OF DECISIONS TO RUN THE FRANCHISE LIKE BEFORE. THORN BROUGHT THEM BACK FROM MEDIOCRITY AND HE WOULD HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. NOW IT WILL BE TOTAL CRAP WITH PROXY NOT KNOWING CRAP ON RUNNING A FRANCHISE GOOD LUCK TO THE NETS THEY WILL NEVER BE GOOD WITH HIM RUNNING THE SHOW.

ahan88
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM

your message is such a joke. you're talking about the nuggets being classless yet you're encouraging the nets to say 'f=uck you, go f=uck yourself' to the nuggets. talk about hypocritical.

and for what it's worth, i have no problems with the nuggets threatening the nets. i would have preferred that they say 'keep talking in the public and we don't trade you melo' rather than 'keep talking in the public and we'll trade melo to the knicks instead', but that's just semantics.

the nets are trying to hype the team up and drive future ticket sales so they're pumping this stuff into the papers and on the web. just as the nets would gain from this being in the media, the nuggets would lose from this being in the media. i can understand the beef but this sort of situation is to be expected so the nuggets should have seen it coming.

all-in-all, this situation could have been handled better.

Sly Guy
01-11-2011, 05:57 PM
denver FO, just shut up. The next words I wanna hear coming from them is a trade announcement, or their pick in the 2011 draft class.

SteBO
01-11-2011, 06:08 PM
your message is such a joke. you're talking about the nuggets being classless yet you're encouraging the nets to say 'f=uck you, go f=uck yourself' to the nuggets. talk about hypocritical.

and for what it's worth, i have no problems with the nuggets threatening the nets. i would have preferred that they say 'keep talking in the public and we don't trade you melo' rather than 'keep talking in the public and we'll trade melo to the knicks instead', but that's just semantics.

the nets are trying to hype the team up and drive future ticket sales so they're pumping this stuff into the papers and on the web. just as the nets would gain from this being in the media, the nuggets would lose from this being in the media. i can understand the beef but this sort of situation is to be expected so the nuggets should have seen it coming.

all-in-all, this situation could have been handled better.
True. But their are other ways to stop it, and you have to admit that the Denver FO isn't doing itself any favors.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
True. But their are other ways to stop it, and you have to admit that the Denver FO isn't doing itself any favors.

They shouldn't get any favors.:D

SteBO
01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
They shouldn't get any favors.:D
lol :laugh2:

*Superman*
01-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Update

As I reported last month, Anthony has made it known to the Nuggets that if he is traded, he will not sign his $65 million contract extension with any team other than New York. The source said Anthony has steadfastly maintained that stance in his recent discussions with Nuggets officials, despite the Nets being told that Anthony would sign the extension with them if he is traded to New Jersey.

Another league source said Knicks officials were perturbed to hear that Anthony was being told they were "dragging their heels" in their efforts to acquire Anthony.

And

That player is Portland Trail Blazers forward Nicholas Batum, who has been on the periphery of the MeloDrama reports for weeks -- and for good reason: Sources say he is one of the main players the Denver Nuggets want to ultimately land if/when they finally decide what they are going to do with Anthony.

The Nuggets are by no means the only NBA team with interest in Batum, a 22-year-old small forward from France averaging 11.1 points and 4.5 rebounds. But the Nuggets could have the means to acquire him if their talks with the New Jersey Nets ever come to fruition, because the Trail Blazers would only consider trading Batum if they were getting back a comparable player plus a likely lottery pick, and the Nets have offered their own No. 1 pick (along with different combinations of No.1 picks owed to them in 2011 and 2012 by the Lakers, Rockets and Warriors) in their efforts to acquire Anthony from Denver.

So if the Nuggets acquired the rights to an unprotected Nets' pick, the Blazers would be willing to listen to what else Denver would add to a potential trade for Batum.

One league source told ESPN.com that acquiring Derrick Favors and Batum is the "grand slam" that Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri would like to hit.

SteBO
01-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Update

And
I hope Masai enjoys his trade exception and 1st/2nd round pick, cuz he isn't going to land Batum with favors. Portland has already expressed their liking of Nicolas. That FO sickens me to no end.

DasBoot
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I mean, you'd think Denver would salivate over a package of Wilson Chandler who is Shawn Marion pt.2 and Danilo Gallinari and the pick the Knicks would get from Indy/Minnesota over Favors who isn't even getting any minutes and a few draft picks.

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I mean, you'd think Denver would salivate over a package of Wilson Chandler who is Shawn Marion pt.2 and Danilo Gallinari and the pick the Knicks would get from Indy/Minnesota over Favors who isn't even getting any minutes and a few draft picks.

Except they want more than just assets. They want salary relief. Why do you think Al Harrington is being mentioned? The Nets package provides the best combination of assets and salary relief. Otherwise, they'd be talking to another team first.

netsgiantsyanks
01-11-2011, 07:17 PM
nicholas batum AND derrick favors??? lulz

Crackadalic
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Denver is asking for favors and batum wow. why dont they ask if lebron james is available too

netsgiantsyanks
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Denver is asking for favors and batum wow. why dont they ask if lebron james is available too

my reliable source has informed me that they have inquired about stephen curry, oj mayo, and kevin durant too. they can be in for something big.

Crackadalic
01-11-2011, 07:47 PM
my reliable source has informed me that they have inquired about stephen curry, oj mayo, and kevin durant too. they can be in for something big.

I heard they want to trade melo into the past for mj and scottie at their prime but that would cause a time paradox

netsgiantsyanks
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM
just imagine

pg stephen curry
sg michael jordan in 1992
sf kevin durant
pf kevin garnett
c shaquille o'neal in 1995

Bench

MF Doom
Scottie Pippen
Zev Love X
Michael Jackson(the one that actually played in the NBA)
rudy gay
kevin love
ramon sessions

pure greatness

NYYCowboys
01-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Knicks should try to trade for Batum. I know Portland regrets not trading Rudy Fernandez for Wilson Chandler when they had the chance to in the offseason, so I think they would want him in a deal for Batum, and they would also need to give the Knicks a draft pick, and a cap filler because Chandler is better and only a year older. Then the Knicks can use the draft pick and Batum in a package for Melo. But only if Denver says they will definitely do the trade because I wouldn't wanna give up Chandler for no reason.

ragee
01-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Update

And

WTF???????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: How the hell did Batum get into this??? I'd give you Rudy for that unprotected pick!

Crackadalic
01-11-2011, 08:06 PM
why doesnt melo just pick up his player option and figure out what to do after instead of causing a circus

Niro
01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
why doesnt melo just pick up his player option and figure out what to do after instead of causing a circus

because it would suck for him not to get traded befor the deadline.
new cba in sommer=less money

kblo247
01-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Lets be real, IF YOU ARE THE DENVER NUGGETS:

Wilson Chandler - Why would you take him when you would have to negotiate a lucrative new deal with him at the end of the season, when there is a more proven player in Iguodala also on the market with a shorter lucrative contract?

Danilo Gallinari - Why would you take him when he has shown nothing more than mere flashes at times and New York would be admitting that he is a hybrid cross between 3 and 4 that isn't where they need him to be to win soon by dealing him outright?

Landry Fields - Why would you take him when you are already investing in Aaron Afflalo who who you have spent more time developing and possibly plan on keeping JR Smith?

Anthony Randolph - Why would you be sold on his potential when he still can't crack a rotation after 100s of NBA practices, games, coaching sessions and so on when Favors is 2 years younger, has the better attitude, and already produces about the same at a cheaper price?

Toney Douglas - Why would you take him to play behind Lawson and Billups since in a trade with New York, Billups would not be moving along with Melo in a package deal?

At the end of the day what New York is offering are good players, but they make no sense at all in the grand scheme of things for Denver, no matter how much New York Kncik fans may want them to so that they can have one of the best basketball players on the planet playing for their team alongside Amare.