PDA

View Full Version : "Heat Index" are you serious?

chicagofan26
01-11-2011, 12:45 AM
I have not been on espn.com in awhile but as i go on, i go to the nba page. under it you will see standings stats blah blah blah then "heat index". Since when does anyone even care about what the whiny (excuse my language) ***** **T**'s in south beach are doing? I mean come on their own fans dont even sell out their games, let alone put fans in the stands. No offence im not trying to hate but if you want to see something about a team thats why they made a "teams" button for. Comments or am i the only one who thinks this is a little ridiculous? ESPN has just took a step back in my opinion for this.

Meatmypet
01-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Anything for viewers and ratings. It doesnt matter if it's lowly or ridiculous, as long as people read it or watch it, and the money is made, it'll keep going.

Look at Jersey Shore for that matter.

effen5
01-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Jersey Shore entertains me more then the Heat....

IAmKira
01-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Jersey Shore entertains me more then the Heat....

:clap::clap::clap:
Jersey Shore is de SH%#!!

acehole
01-11-2011, 12:53 AM
late pass?

avrpatsfan
01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
This is pretty old news.

HeaTxRipZz
01-11-2011, 01:01 AM
I could really careless what they do to their website they pay for it :\

As long as I have NBA league pass to watch my Knicks and Bulls game I'll be A Ok

jimbobjarree
01-11-2011, 01:02 AM
which is why espn fails

Fmaranesi
01-11-2011, 01:04 AM
dallas, la, chicago all have their own ESPN site so it's no biggie

Gambeezy
01-11-2011, 01:11 AM
You clicked the "Heat Index" link didn't you?

Mission Accomplished

The Heat are a very intriguing story in the NBA this year. ESPN is simply fulfilling a demand for a large audience that wants to keep tabs on the progression and/or drama throughout the Heat's season.

justinnum1
01-11-2011, 01:14 AM
:yawn:

PrettyBoyJ
01-11-2011, 01:14 AM
even tho it may seem like they lost there integrity its also a business rating, and views matter.. Believe it or not as much as ppl hate hearing about the heats they tune in to hear about them..

ZebraCity916
01-11-2011, 01:17 AM
In before the close!!

Giraffes Rule
even tho it may seem like they lost there integrity its also a business rating, and views matter.. Believe it or not as much as ppl hate hearing about the heats they tune in to hear about them..

I mute or change the channel every time they start talking about the Heat on ESPN...

ElMarroAfamado
the Heat Index is always on top of every other nba related link haha its funny

Gambeezy
01-11-2011, 01:22 AM
I mean come on their own fans dont even sell out their games, let alone put fans in the stands.

:confused:

The Heat sell out all of their Home games AND Road games.

Doth thou hath any idea of what he/she speaks of?

On a more serious note, the ticket prices to Heat games are breaking my balls.

I looked at tickets on stubhub for the Bucks game last week and they began at $100 for Standing Room only. wtf?

I'm a diehard fan and can't even afford to see my team play more than twice a year. Sucks. Can't wait to settle into a career so I can afford the tix.

godolphins
01-11-2011, 01:27 AM
What about espn Dallas, New York, Boston and L.A.?

beasted86
01-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Bait thread.

Might as well throw out a "U mad?" in here somewhere.

Wade>You
01-11-2011, 01:30 AM
LoL a Chicago fan crying about the Heat index when ESPN dedicates coverage to all teams in major sports markets.

Look at the top of the screen (espn.com (http://espn.com)) and quit crying.

edit: just read this

What about espn Dallas, New York, Boston and L.A.?Forgot Chicago, but yeah man, all these people do is find new ways to b---- and blame our team for everything that's wrong in their lives.

Jonathan2323
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
ESPNChicago what a joke. Why does ESPN have that?

lol

Just don't click on it then.

beasted86
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
:confused:

The Heat sell out all of their Home games AND Road games.

Doth thou hath any idea of what he/she speaks of?

On a more serious note, the ticket prices to Heat games are breaking my balls.

I looked at tickets on stubhub for the Bucks game last week and they began at $100 for Standing Room only. wtf?

I'm a diehard fan and can't even afford to see my team play more than twice a year. Sucks. Can't wait to settle into a career so I can afford the tix.

Yeah, these past couple of seasons I have been averaging 4-5 games a year and 1 playoff game even on a college guy salary. This season, I simply don't think I can afford a playoff ticket once they get here.

So far I've only gone to two games, and have to think hard about what match-ups are worth the dollars, and who is worth taking with me. You can blow 2 bills really really easy between two tickets, parking, and a drink and snack. Heat games are no longer a casual event you just spring for tickets on and go to anymore. No more buying at the box office or from scalpers.

mjt20mik
01-11-2011, 01:38 AM
old news

hgtiger32
01-11-2011, 01:42 AM
enough is enough with the complaining about the Heat. They are a good team face it. You're going to hear a lot about them considering they have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA on their team.

marlinsfan24
01-11-2011, 01:45 AM
^Logic isn't allowed on PSD...hopefully you get a ban sir.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2011, 02:04 AM
there are a few other teams with their own espn page. If you don't like it, don't look at it.
And looking at PSD, and all other sites, the Heat just continue to spurn interest for both good and bad reasons.
Not sure why a complain thread about the Heat being covered by the media is needed. They have the 2 best players in the NBA (imo), and tons of expectations. That kind of team will get covered like a murder trial in any sport

Shmontaine
01-11-2011, 02:07 AM
it's a dumb site... one of many... who cares... i actually think it's kind of funny, to see how the site has changed since it's inception.. big 3 AREN'T stacking up against history??? wait?? what happenned to the daily trackers that put the miami heat 3 against the history?? anyone have links?? or how about lebron's triple double average tracker page?? just playin...

ESPN should've just made it a team info site in the first place. i think the first presentation of it was completely overblown, but now, the site has toned itself down and become just another fan site, although with way too much non-related bball 'news'... but to come across this site today and be angry is dumb, maybe in the summer i could see it more, the site was really over the top then...

SB1
01-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Old news...

Its been up for months. If you dont care for the Heat, just dont click on it.

...and close it

CHANGO
01-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Seriously? A Bulls fan, complaining about that?

1. Who, is forcing you to enter?
2. Thank you for creating a home for the HATERS like you, here they can vent all your frustrations.
3. Y*U M*D

Greetings friend.

CHANGO
01-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Seriously? A Bulls fan, complaining about that?

1. Who, is forcing you to enter?
2. Thank you for creating a home for the HATERS like you, here they can vent all your frustrations.
3. Y*U M*D

Greetings friend.

John Walls Era
01-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Apparently the OP cares. Looks like you're really upset.

kingbrentg
01-11-2011, 05:15 AM
This isn't going anywhere.