PDA

View Full Version : what is your definition of an elite nba player

drew35
01-11-2011, 12:13 AM
yea

kobe24>lebron23
01-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Kobe Bryant lol

Seriously though he has to be a great scorer good rebounder must have good vision and defense must be good as well may I add they have to be clutch

justinnum1
01-11-2011, 12:40 AM
wade

bolts4ever
01-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Simple

A superstar forces the level of play of his teamates to rise

a superstar shows up in the toughest of circumstances and carries his team.

Is an all around player not one dimensional can play offense and defense.

PrettyBoyJ
01-11-2011, 01:10 AM
a word that gets thrown around for unworthy players.. But an elite player is someone who mastered the game mentally and not just with their skills. The ability to make your teammates better, the impact you have when your on the floor oppose to when your off.. Committed on offense and defense and coachable

IndiansFan337
01-11-2011, 01:22 AM
A winner that makes the players around him better and can put the team on his shoulders when needed. The guy needs to be an elite contributor in all or nearly all aspects of the game.

godolphins
01-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Wade or Lebron

Korman12
01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
An elite player takes everyone on his team, including himself, on a higher level when it matters the most. They don't necessarily have to be an elite offensive and defensive force, but neither side of the game can be a detriment to his overall skill.

Elite players have the ability to sacrifice aspects of their game while still contributing and doing more for the team.

Oh, and be good.

AIRMAR72
01-11-2011, 03:28 AM
da great WADE is my pick but look at his game and bron game (but theres others in da league) thats the definition of an elite player they make there team better on both ends elite player FG% should be 47% 50% if theyr wing players... BIGS 53% to 60% FG... wing player for the yr should get 1.5 -3.0 steals a game 5-8rebs .5 -1.5 block a game 25-37 points a game elite players delivers when it counts elite player should produce more in da playoffs VS regular season elite players make da game look easy to play there hasnt been a real legit elite player till the 03 drafts and after these youngbloods can ball.. walls, blatch, rose ,amare ,durant(needs to stop taking bonehead shots), russel, roy,cp3, rondo, deron, beasly, demarcus aldridge ,howard, ibka ,holiday ,love ,marc gasol,derrick favors,blake all have great potential better than players who where in draft classes from 94 uptil 2002 and thats a fact

nastylikedwade
01-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I define an elite player as a person who can change the dynamics of a team. Someone who brings out the best in others, a team leader who can will his team to victory. My elite players are Wade, Lebron, Kobe. My second tier elite players are D Howard, Melo, Amare, Nash, Nowitzki......

PrettyBoyJ
01-11-2011, 08:42 AM
da great WADE is my pick but look at his game and bron game (but theres others in da league) thats the definition of an elite player they make there team better on both ends elite player FG% should be 47% 50% if theyr wing players... BIGS 53% to 60% FG... wing player for the yr should get 1.5 -3.0 steals a game 5-8rebs .5 -1.5 block a game 25-37 points a game elite players delivers when it counts elite player should produce more in da playoffs VS regular season elite players make da game look easy to play there hasnt been a real legit elite player till the 03 drafts and after these youngbloods can ball.. walls, blatch, rose ,amare ,durant(needs to stop taking bonehead shots), russel, roy,cp3, rondo, deron, beasly, demarcus aldridge ,howard, ibka ,holiday ,love ,marc gasol,derrick favors,blake all have great potential better than players who where in draft classes from 94 uptil 2002 and thats a fact

I like some of your points, but an elite player doesn't necessarily have to be a scorer as well.. Take a look at Magic he wasn't a prolific scorer like Jordan but he still dominated the game by passing and running the show but could also give you 40 any night..

dodie53
01-11-2011, 08:52 AM
lebron james

thesparky33
01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I'd consider elite as someone who is in the top areas. So an overall elite player would be most likely a top 5 overall player.

But most commonly, to me, when I think of an elite player, I think of someone who is one of the best players offensively and defensively. Its a very rare combination and only so many players have that ability. Lebron and Kobe both have/had it. Duncan and KG both have/had it. Shaq had it, etc.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 01:53 PM
the best 10 players in the competiton

that woudl be right now-----

Deron/Paul/
Kobe/Wade/
Lebron/Melo/Durant
Pau/Dirk/Stou
Howard/

drobe86
01-11-2011, 07:32 PM
In 2010 there is only 6 of them...

Lebron
Wade
Dirk
Durant
Stoudemire
Howard

There are a few on the cusp
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin
Deron Williams

Avenged
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
A player that resembles Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Chris Paul, Dwight, Durant..

They have to be in the top 10 and be good on the offensive end and defensive end.

KingPosey
01-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I lost interest after about that much word filth.
so an elite player shoots between 47 and 50% and a big shoots between 53 and 60% but not higher? I liked all the funny arbitrary numbers you threw out though.