PDA

View Full Version : Knicks will go after Gasol if no Melo

knicks09
01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
If the Nets pull off the blockbuster multi-team trade and Anthony accepts a contract extension, the Knicks are expected to change the focus of this offseason to restricted free agent 7-foot-1 center Marc Gasol. The younger brother of the Lakers' Pau, Gasol is the type of burly big man the roster lacks and team president Donnie Walsh covets.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...t1xmaHZAhLGu1K

Felton
Fields
Chandler
Stoudemire
Gasol

OMG

bigsams50
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
That roster would be pretty sick with Gasol. If they can get him....wow

John Walls Era
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Knicks forum. Idc that the Knicks are changing who they are pursuing... tell me when they get him.

On a side note: Jose Calderon better get him to TO.

omdigga
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
the grizz would be dumb to let gasol get away.

Hellcrooner
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Felton
Fields
Chandler
Stoudemire
Gasol

OMG

He is supposedly restricted so either Gallo or Chandler + picks or whatever woudl be neded on the sign and trade.

Given they ar eboth expirings who will resign for big bucks i guess it woudl be Chandler the player sent to memphis in the sign and trade.

that said, Go for it!!!!!!! Lakers vs Knicks in the 2011 finals Battle of the G Bros.!!!

Crackadalic
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
idk but this is the grizz were talking about. they gave gay a max and conely a big contract. There are also reports that they like Randolph so where does that leave gasol?

HouRealCoach
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
GAsol could be so much better somewhere else

NYtilIdie
01-10-2011, 08:10 PM
:laugh2: who aren't we trying to get nowadays. It seems like whenever someone is put on the block or a soon-to-become FA, we're mentioned.

lakerfan3118
01-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Marc Gasol's averages:
Pts 11.5 Reb 7.2 Ast 2.8

Given the fact he is arestricted FA, is he really worth the trouble if you are going to more than likely overpay for him?
Statistically, he's also having a down year compared to 2009...

Phenomenonsense
01-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Easier said than done. Gasol is a RFA because he only played 2 years in the NBA, even though he's a 2nd round pick. If he had a 3 year contract he'd be UFA.

Teeboy1487
01-10-2011, 08:12 PM
It's unlikely the Grizz give up another Gasol but man that would be an excellent deal for New York.

kjoke
01-10-2011, 08:13 PM
very nice maybe they also package in mayo too but idc

mttwlsn16
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Still wont beat Boston, Miami, Orlando, or Chicago

RDBK514
01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I really really hope we're not waving the white flag on Melo. I like Gasol and I think he would help us if he were here but we all know Melo is our #1 target.

SNYmets86
01-10-2011, 08:21 PM
man the knicks are after everyone in the nba , wats next they are going to wanna sign a backup pg from the wnba

Hellcrooner
01-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Marc Gasol's averages:
Pts 11.5 Reb 7.2 Ast 2.8

Given the fact he is arestricted FA, is he really worth the trouble if you are going to more than likely overpay for him?

ho wmany shots is he getting?

its a miracle he is over 10 ppg having to live with three of the top 10 ballhogs in teh league.

Eg714
I think gasol and mayo would help out that team more than melo because of the players the knicks would have to give up. The knicks with a legit big man would be scary.

Flash3
the grizz would be dumb to let gasol get away.

sadly the owner is really cheap.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:27 PM

Felton
Fields
Chandler
Stoudemire
Gasol

OMG

I saw gasol and I was thinking pau for a second and thought, "wow he would fit their system perfectly" and then I saw that it was just marc and it was a sigh of relief :phew:

Flash3
01-10-2011, 08:28 PM
He is supposedly restricted so either Gallo or Chandler + picks or whatever woudl be neded on the sign and trade.

Given they ar eboth expirings who will resign for big bucks i guess it woudl be Chandler the player sent to memphis in the sign and trade.

that said, Go for it!!!!!!! Lakers vs Knicks in the 2011 finals Battle of the G Bros.!!!

i doubt knicks make finals next year i think your heavily overeating marc gasol. With that said im under the assumption knicks really want to keep chandler i could be wrong though.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:28 PM

he did over pay to keep gay, so maybe things are changing a little bit.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM
i doubt knicks make finals next year i think your heavily overeating marc gasol. With that said im under the assumption knicks really want to keep chandler i could be wrong though.

I'm with ya, I've never been a big marc gasol fan. don't get me wrong, he isn't bad, but people overrate him.

kblo247
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM

its a miracle he is over 10 ppg having to live with three of the top 10 ballhogs in teh league.

Rebounding is inexcusable though no matter how you cut it. To quote Barkely, "What do you call a big who only gets you 6 boards? A Smalll Forward!"

SOB was killing my fantasy team by not hitting the glass.

Mayo also took one for the team by being the 6th man and providing double digit scoring for the second unit, so Marc has to take one as well and eat that glass instead of leaving it to Z-bo.

knicks09
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM

Chicago ?

kblo247
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM

And Conley and wants to keep Z-bo.

Flash3
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM

He also took awhile to give xavier henry his contract, he apparently he wanted to pay him way less.

metsfanssince05
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Cant figure this one out... Last game we were leading all game, peirce scored with .8 seconds left counted as .4 and stat shot a 3 that went in that didnt count.. With Gasol we can deff beat boston..

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Chicago ?

look, dont start a chicago vs new york thread. PLEASE!!!! all im going to say is that you haven't played a healthy chicago team yet and you haven't even played a full season yet. talk about this in the summer time.

Flash3
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Cant figure this one out... Last game we were leading all game, peirce scored with .8 seconds left counted as .4 and stat shot a 3 that went in that didnt count.. With Gasol we can deff beat boston..

maybe a couple times in the regular season but deff not in a 7 games series.

knicks09
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
look, dont start a chicago vs new york thread. PLEASE!!!! all im going to say is that you haven't played a healthy chicago team yet and you haven't even played a full season yet. talk about this in the summer time.

I'm not but having Noah doesn't guarantee a win lol. I understand Rose or Boozer....

Slimsim
01-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I approve I prefer a decent big Atm.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm not but having Noah doesn't guarantee a win lol. I understand Rose or Boozer....

oh I know that, but our defense and even down low scoring is better when noah is playing. I mean noah and boozer is a top 3 big man combo in the NBA.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I approve I prefer a decent big Atm.

yeah, I think a big man is what you guys need the most

lakerfan3118
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM

personally, i have a hard time thinking he would get many more in NY. with chandler and gallinari demanding looks and playing time, where does that leave gasol? the primary responsibility the knicks need in a big man is probably rebounding, and gasol has been struggling in that arena this year.

and, perhaps more importantly, isn't amare thriving playing small and being positioned at C? is that something the knicks want to move away from?

The Dream
01-10-2011, 08:41 PM
the only teams we cant beat in the playoffs are orlando and miami

LA_Raiders
01-10-2011, 08:43 PM
man the knicks are after everyone in the nba , wats next they are going to wanna sign a backup pg from the wnba

lol

knicks09
01-10-2011, 08:44 PM

This

KingPosey
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM

I believe marc gasol, is the overeater. Unless we have cannibals on PSD....:ohno:
If thats the case, then I can finally get ready for the moment I have been preparing for my whole life.... ZOMBIES! :guns:

John Walls Era
01-10-2011, 08:47 PM

I think Rondo didn't play and playoffs are completely different.

Is it me or is Gasol getting overrated in here? Yeah, I want him on Raptors, but him going to the Knicks would probably just put them ahead of Atlanta.

John Walls Era
01-10-2011, 08:47 PM

You guys can't stop Derrick Rose or Boozer... You think you're better than the Bulls?

29$JerZ
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM

Chicago is pretty much on par with NY.
Boston and Orlando are beatbale by NY, just need another piece.
We match up terribly to Miami so your right about that part.

29$JerZ
01-10-2011, 08:49 PM
You guys can't stop Derrick Rose or Boozer... You think you're better than the Bulls?

Bulls and Knicks are on par.
NY can't match the C discrepancy with Nosh vs our small team but Chicago cannot defend the perimeter to save their life and their bench blows compared to ours.

lakerfan3118
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM

joakim noah and carlos boozer have yet to play together for an extended period of time. this isn't a night/day process, and is important to note looking forward.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:54 PM

and they still haven't played against a front court of boozer and noah together.

SNYmets86
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
lets not make this thread a bulls vs knicks .come on guys

dtmagnet
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Lots of teams will be after Gasol if Memphis doesn't re-sign him.

Flash3
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM

celtics,bulls, atlanta,

Flash3
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I believe marc gasol, is the overeater. Unless we have cannibals on PSD....:ohno:
If thats the case, then I can finally get ready for the moment I have been preparing for my whole life.... ZOMBIES! :guns:

Damn **** you spell check.

Flash3
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM

i think bulls are better, i think knicks fans are the only disagreeing at this point.

nystandup
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM
nobody is afraid of the bulls. bulls fans are overrating their team heavy. Stop making excuses about injuries because the Knicks are 2-0 against you this season. Your team completely got dominated in the fourth quarter by the Knicks D and the Knicks D isnt even that good. Boozer also played that game.

thekmp211
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM
this is where new york needs to focus. they have some nice players on the wing.

the game against the lakers last night made it painfully clear that the knicks need some size underneath. even with bynum out the knicks were helpless down low against pau and odom.

marc would be a very nice pickup for them.

Gootie42
01-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Your team completely got dominated in the fourth quarter by the Knicks D and the Knicks D isnt even that good.

lol or they got cold, it happens.

GreatMustachio1
01-10-2011, 09:05 PM

juwannaman

yanks08
01-10-2011, 09:06 PM

really?? wheres your source...................fruck melo.......get my this wnba PG!!! lol

KingPosey
nobody is afraid of the bulls. bulls fans are overrating their team heavy. Stop making excuses about injuries because the Knicks are 2-0 against you this season. Your team completely got dominated in the fourth quarter by the Knicks D and the Knicks D isnt even that good. Boozer also played that game.

Listen, I dont care for the Bulls at all. But Just about everyone would rather see the Knicks than the Bulls come playoff time.

Kakaroach
Thats a pretty soft front-court, but can block shots and put up a ton of points.

Although it would be dumb of Memphis to trade Gasol. They might lose Randolph this off-season as well, so they should for sure hold on to him for now.

BrahCake954
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
still no defense

OMG..

Flash3
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM

And you guys aren't overrating yours ?

nystandup
01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
And you guys aren't overrating yours ?

I'm not. The 1 team the Knicks would like to play 1st round are the Bulls

NY_Heartbreak
01-10-2011, 09:19 PM
The Knicks need a big man more than they need Melo. They're already one of the top scoring teams. They need more rebounds and bigger bodies on the court not more points.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm not. The 1 team the Knicks would like to play 1st round are the Bulls

dude just stop now before you get humiliated.

BuddhaMONK
01-10-2011, 09:22 PM
No way everyone knows gasol coming to Toronto

nystandup
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
dude just stop now before you get humiliated.

humiliate me.....

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
humiliate me.....

very cocky aren't you for a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years, spent a 140 million over the summer to be mediocre. you brag about beating the bulls twice even though they aren't healthy, yet this team who isnt healthy still has a better record and you have had an easier schedule and your 100 million dollar player got owned by andrew bynum out of all people.

sorry to the rest of the knick fans who aren't in here talking crap. now lets get back on topic

TrajicHip
01-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Knicks are still _______ well the Knicks.
they beat on some bad teams and now are amazing!!!

How's your record against the best teams? Not good.
Just like the Jets.

nystandup
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
very cocky aren't you for a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years, spent a 140 million over the summer to be mediocre. you brag about beating the bulls twice even though they aren't healthy, yet this team who isnt healthy still has a better record and you have had an easier schedule and your 100 million dollar player got owned by andrew bynum of all people.

sorry to the rest of the knick fans who aren't in here talking crap.

You did a great job humiliating me....:facepalm:

All I see are excuses from you.lol the fact that we are the 6th seed right now i am ecstatic....are you kidding me with how awful we have been in the past, ill take it. your team is just as mediocre as we are and nobody on your team can hold Amare down. This is why the Bulls are exactly who the Knicks want to play 1st round out of all the other teams and it just might happen.

kblo247
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
very cocky aren't you for a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years, spent a 140 million over the summer to be mediocre. you brag about beating the bulls twice even though they aren't healthy, yet this team who isnt healthy still has a better record and you have had an easier schedule and your 100 million dollar player got owned by andrew bynum out of all people.

sorry to the rest of the knick fans who aren't in here talking crap. now lets get back on topic

He has been Andrew's ***** since 2007, so that is nothing new.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM
You did a great job humiliating me....:facepalm:

All I see are excuses from you.lol the fact that we are the 6th seed right now i am ecstatic....are you kidding me with how awful we have been in the past, ill take it. your team is just as mediocre as we are and nobody on your team can hold Amare down. This is why the Bulls are exactly who the Knicks want to play 1st round out of all the other teams and it just might happen.

Ive never seen you before today, so how can I attack you personally genious? your glad to be a 6th seed and your talking crap? really? :facepalm: wait till noah and boozer are playing together, we all saw what happen last night when amare faces a good front court, he gets shut down and sorry, with the knicks being a 6th seed, you wont play the bulls. you'll probably end up playing between orlando,miami, and boston which you'll be out in 5 games. have fun with that.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
He has been Andrew's ***** since 2007, so that is nothing new.

and lamar odoms http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3S4OogR-wM

nystandup
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Knicks are still _______ well the Knicks.
they beat on some bad teams and now are amazing!!!

How's your record against the best teams? Not good.
Just like the Jets.

lol jets, really? idc

For your information Knicks beat Celtics,Bulls twice, Hornets, Spurs,Nuggets before they fell apart, and Portland I believe

knicks09
01-10-2011, 09:36 PM

So because he got dunked on by Bynum, he's a bad player now ? Last time I checked Amare was an MVP candidate, not Bynum

mzgrizz
01-10-2011, 09:38 PM

Says who? Forked over millions for Conley and Gay; maybe just stupid if he lets THIS Gasol go.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 09:38 PM
So because he got dunked on by Bynum, he's a bad player now ? Last time I checked Amare was an MVP candidate, not Bynum

no for the fact that amare was 3-19 till bynum got ejected. and bynum was 8-14 and 18 points in only 25 minutes against amare.

mzgrizz
01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Rebounding is inexcusable though no matter how you cut it. To quote Barkely, "What do you call a big who only gets you 6 boards? A Smalll Forward!"

SOB was killing my fantasy team by not hitting the glass.

Mayo also took one for the team by being the 6th man and providing double digit scoring for the second unit, so Marc has to take one as well and eat that glass instead of leaving it to Z-bo.

Good analysis

nystandup
Ive never seen you before today, so how can I attack you personally genious? your glad to be a 6th seed and your talking crap? really? :facepalm: wait till noah and boozer are playing together, we all saw what happen last night when amare faces a good front court, he gets shut down and sorry, with the knicks being a 6th seed, you wont play the bulls. you'll probably end up playing between orlando,miami, and boston which you'll be out in 5 games. have fun with that.

Why does it matter if youve ever seen me before? and when did I ever ask for you to attack me personally, you can try tho.

I'm sorry but Noah and Boozer arent Gasol and Bynum. Bulls are in the same class as the Knicks or a notch ahead and we are only in the first stage of our turnaround.

Why wouldn't I be happy with a 6th seed after not making the playoffs for so long and I never said we'd play you with the 6th seed, only that its possible we play you 1st round. Crossing my Fingers

goose15
thats a pretty good plan B

nystandup
01-10-2011, 09:42 PM
no for the fact that amare was 3-19 till bynum got ejected. and bynum was 8-14 and 18 points in only 25 minutes against amare.

We all know Amare isnt a center and nobody said he was a great defender, but i can bet you Amare will be dunking on Noah and Boozer before either of them dunk on him.

Ask D Rose how it felt to be denied like motumbo in his prime lol

Beltrans Mole
01-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Whats the Bulls record against the Knicks this season?

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Why does it matter if youve ever seen me before? and when did I ever ask for you to attack me personally, you can try tho.

I'm sorry but Noah and Boozer arent Gasol and Bynum. Bulls are in the same class as the Knicks or a notch ahead and we are only in the first stage of our turnaround.

Why wouldn't I be happy with a 6th seed after not making the playoffs for so long and I never said we'd play you with the 6th seed, only that its possible we play you 1st round. Crossing my Fingers

look im not going to sit here and try and convince you how good boozer and noah are when they play together. if you didnt see it on the 8 game winning streak they went on till noah went down, then you never will.

nystandup
01-10-2011, 09:45 PM
look im not going to sit here and try and convince you how good boozer and noah are when they play together. if you didnt see it on the 8 game winning streak they went on till noah went down, then you never will.

Your right I never will cuz it aint happenin

Flash3
01-10-2011, 09:46 PM
whats the bulls record against the knicks this season?

0-2

knicks09
01-10-2011, 09:46 PM

I'm pretty sure Amare is a PF not a Center ? Oh aight.....

knicks09
01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
whats the bulls record against the knicks this season?

0-2

mzgrizz
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
:0

mzgrizz
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Too much Knicks/Bulls crap on this thread, but hey! If it makes the Knicks forget about Gasol;enjoy. Although I don't think he's but half the player he was last year and it's not the shooters' fault. He passes it out too much and won't take the shot. Hellcrooner can't get it through his head that the stats he is reading on FGA does not equal how many times Marc passes on a shot.

Hellcrooner
01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Too much Knicks/Bulls crap on this thread, but hey! If it makes the Knicks forget about Gasol;enjoy. Although I don't think he's but half the player he was last year and it's not the shooters' fault. He passes it out too much and won't take the shot. Hellcrooner can't get it through his head that the stats he is reading on FGA does not equal how many times Marc passes on a shot.

I watch teh games my lady thus i see every contested / bad / ill advised shot the "three Amigos" take instead of passing to someone else.

Ill conceed tough that Marc is nto bringing up his best in the games.
Im suspecting he is tired of his teamates.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Amare is a PF not a Center ? Oh aight.....

so whats his excuse for not hitting shots then? he should have the advantage since bynum was on him.

mzgrizz
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I watch teh games my lady thus i see every contested / bad / ill advised shot the "three Amigos" take instead of passing to someone else.

Ill conceed tough that Marc is nto bringing up his best in the games.
Im suspecting he is tired of his teamates.

Hola, senor!
Marc is not playing like he did. Maybe you are right. Maybe it's something else. He's slow in his upcourt running; doesn't move with the same agility that he was achieving last year. I'd hate to lose him, but he's not making a case to get the $$$$$ from Heisley.

xxcubs22xx
01-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Marc Gasol IS being overrated. Don't get me wrong, I like his talent and whatnot, but in my opinion he's not going anywhere or if he's on the block than would require too much talent in return for him. No? lol

As for Knicks vs. Bulls? Wow. Im sick of these spontaneous debates. More people clearly pick Chicago over New York, and that's no anomaly. Chicago is the more potent team. Who wins a series? Well, let's leave the playoffs for the playoffs. Don't get ahead of yourselves. But Thibs and crew are the better team as the current Eastern Conference Standings show us. boom.

thekmp211
01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
wait you're telling me this turned into a bulls-related debate? cmon, guys.

Knickrocketsfan
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Marc Gasol IS being overrated. Don't get me wrong, I like his talent and whatnot, but in my opinion he's not going anywhere or if he's on the block than would require too much talent in return for him. No? lol

As for Knicks vs. Bulls? Wow. Im sick of these spontaneous debates. More people clearly pick Chicago over New York, and that's no anomaly. Chicago is the more potent team. Who wins a series? Well, let's leave the playoffs for the playoffs. Don't get ahead of yourselves. But Thibs and crew are the better team as the current Eastern Conference Standings show us. boom.

yea and that what really decides which team will win :facepalm:

Almost everyone picked the saints to win but they didn't, your logic is flawed:facepalm:

Also standings really decide who is better.. currently La is 3rd in west, but they must not be a better team than the spurs and the mavs. Cleveland must have been the best team in the east last year and with your logic they should have won the east, but they lost to a team with an inferior record.

HeaTxRipZz
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM

ehh that doesn't make Amare a bad player....everyone has off games or someone who guards them pretty damn good it's happened to the greats and some of the very good talent in today's era

Trash talking or not I never understand how fans can act like a team isn't that good but will boast about their team like it's championship calibur. I love the bulls grew up a fan of the team but I'm not gonna belittle every other team like that and put down a team who beat us not once but twice....Injuries are a part of the game should be no excuses.

Crackadalic
01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Why are we making this a knicks vs bulls thread. the bulls are better then us. they been to the playoffs twice and added some really good players. Having said that bulls fans dont act like your team is clearly better then us by a mile were closer then you think. Remember the bucks without bogut took the hawks to game 7 so anything can happen.

Now back on topic Marc gasol is having a down year. I think a change a scenery would help him out. As for him staying in memphis idk because they already gave all this money on gay and conely and the gm wants to keep zach so how will gasol get his money though? I doubt they sign both because there cheap

DwayneMVPwade
01-10-2011, 10:26 PM
That would be a nice team

HeaTxRipZz
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
But as far as the original topic of the thread Idk if I would want Marc in NY. I guess it would be a solid pick up but the team is a star or 2 and maybe a vet off the bench

MrfadeawayJB
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
The problem with Gasol is that he is becoming soft like his sister...I used to be a huge Marc Gasol fan, but then he started to pass up open shots, shoot jumpers instead of points in the paint, and his defense is not very good....tonight we got humiliated by the
Bobcats, and Gasol only had 10 pts and 7 boards against a frontcourt trio of Diaw, Kwame Brown, and Tyrus Thomas....are you ******* kidding me?

Also, i believe we should decide on z-bo or marc, having both out at the same time = no interior defense, and no athleticism. I beleive z-bo will be let go if he doesnt reconsider the $ he wants (Pau money 3yr $57 mil) which worries me because he is the perfect player for a city like Memphis.

I still hope Gasol gets back to his agressive and tough form, but i think he is "pulling a pau"on the city of memphis.

yshNYK
01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
i'm down.

Crackadalic
01-10-2011, 10:31 PM
The problem with Gasol is that he is becoming soft like his sister...I used to be a huge Marc Gasol fan, but then he started to pass up open shots, shoot jumpers instead of points in the paint, and his defense is not very good....tonight we got humiliated by the
Bobcats, and Gasol only had 10 pts and 7 boards against a frontcourt trio of Diaw, Kwame Brown, and Tyrus Thomas....are you ******* kidding me?

Also, i believe we should decide on z-bo or marc, having both out at the same time = no interior defense, and no athleticism. I beleive z-bo will be let go if he doesnt reconsider the $ he wants (Pau money 3yr $57 mil) which worries me because he is the perfect player for a city like Memphis.

I still hope Gasol gets back to his agressive and tough form, but i think he is "pulling a pau"on the city of memphis.

Pau was in the same boat by clearly the better player. He was really soft but since being traded he became much tougher. Still think a change a scenery would help Marc

MrfadeawayJB
01-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Pau was in the same boat by clearly the better player. He was really soft but since being traded he became much tougher. Still think a change a scenery would help Marc

I agree, I have a hard time beleiving that he is still gimpy from his injury earlier this year, and he might be doing this so the grizz try to sign and trade him to a contender

knicks09
01-10-2011, 10:47 PM
so whats his excuse for not hitting shots then? he should have the advantage since bynum was on him.

I'm pretty sure it's harder to make shots when someone bigger than you is guarding you. That's like if Boozer would miss his shots while being gaurded by Howard or Bogut

knicksfan42
01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it's harder to make shots when someone bigger than you is guarding you. That's like if Boozer would miss his shots while being gaurded by Howard or Bogut

or Bynum, but all in all Amare had an off night it happens to everyone.

tdunk21
01-10-2011, 11:05 PM

+1

zero playoff experience except for amare.....

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Enough with this bulls knicks ****, the knicks are 2 and 0 against them yay. WHo cares, Playoffs are where it matters. Noah will be back for them it will be tough. I would want to play the hawks over chiago. Ive seen drose takeover a game by himself. Now he has boozer and will have noah back for playoffs. It will be a close series but with the current roster i give the bulls the edge 4 to 2 or 4 to 3. ANyway back on topic is this about this year or Free agency????? Im not a huge gasol fan, but its a start, he is a soild center not great not bad just soild. Its not like he is a top 4 center.

thekmp211
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM

definitely not a good matchup for amare. he isn't a center, and isn't even that big for a power forward.

what impressed me was that he still managed to play a good all around game.

Meatmypet
01-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Close games against Boston both times this season and Orlando.

Dominated Chicago twice this season already. LOL.

Meatmypet
01-10-2011, 11:25 PM
+1

zero playoff experience except for amare.....

And...? Last I check, Rose hasn't won a Playoff series yet either. :confused:

BuddhaMONK
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Hola, senor!
Marc is not playing like he did. Maybe you are right. Maybe it's something else. He's slow in his upcourt running; doesn't move with the same agility that he was achieving last year. I'd hate to lose him, but he's not making a case to get the $$$$$ from Heisley.

heisley is the worst f***ing owner in the league f***ed the grizzles over in vancouver to move them to memphis (where there worse off), and now he's continuing his ****y ownership there as well (memphis only averaged 15,000 fans when they had a 50-32 record that's pathetic). Heisley lost pau, he'll lose marc as well (probably rudy gay when the time comes). He's a piece of **** who doesn't know the first thing about sports, or business for that matter.

tdunk21
01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
And...? Last I check, Rose hasn't won a Playoff series yet either. :confused:

i said playoff experience....rose hasnt won but he went to the playoffs a couple times...

knicks4life33
01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
im so sick of all threse rumors espicially carmelo anthony. thats why when melo goes to the nets it wont be a biggie to me cause after the 2010 drama cant put all ure eggs in 1 basket gotta go out and play ball

Bornknick73
01-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Knicks are weak in rebounding

Bulls perimeter D cant keep up with shooters

So that kind of washes it out to me.

And to Hell with soft *** Gasol....TYSON CHANDLER in 2011!!!!

Hawkeye15
01-11-2011, 12:35 AM
he is restricted. Don't see it happening this year. And Gasol wouldn't turn the Knicks into a contender in all reality. He is a piece of the puzzle for any team, but he isn't that great of a defensive player or rebounder. He has actually seemed to regress this year. Not as high on him as I was last season.

mzgrizz
01-11-2011, 12:47 AM
I agree, I have a hard time beleiving that he is still gimpy from his injury earlier this year, and he might be doing this so the grizz try to sign and trade him to a contender

I think you are right Fadeaway.....and he'll hear the heat from the fans just like Pau did. Guess I'm getting to go Gasol-less again. Took him out of my sig a month ago.

topdog
01-11-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm pretty sure Memphis is set on retaining Gasol. Mayo seems to be the odd man out with Gay, Conley, Gasol and potentially Randolph being their key keepers.

If Gasol wasn't such a good youn center, I would accuse Walsh of trying to gather Spanish players to lure Rubio to New York (despite his rights belonging to the Wolves).

mzgrizz
01-11-2011, 12:52 AM
heisley is the worst f***ing owner in the league f***ed the grizzles over in vancouver to move them to memphis (where there worse off), and now he's continuing his ****y ownership there as well (memphis only averaged 15,000 fans when they had a 50-32 record that's pathetic). Heisley lost pau, he'll lose marc as well (probably rudy gay when the time comes). He's a piece of **** who doesn't know the first thing about sports, or business for that matter.

Well he must know something about business or he wouldn't be a BILLIONAIRE. But I'm with you on his basketball knowledge;no contest. He should have bought the best basketball minds he could buy and butt out. But he really thinks he knows the game. Sad,really......

masalex1205
01-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Marc Gasol's averages:
Pts 11.5 Reb 7.2 Ast 2.8

and this guy doesn't know what he's talking about...

please watch games, don't just look up box scores before you post

40oz
01-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Ouch brain freeze.....

ElMarroAfamado
01-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Hopefully Gasol goes to the Knicks his talents are being wated with the Grizz

blahblahyoutoo
01-11-2011, 01:29 AM
I really really hope we're not waving the white flag on Melo. I like Gasol and I think he would help us if he were here but we all know Melo is our #1 target.

speak for yourself.

i'd like to go on record here and say that I would rather have gasol (or another big) + a decent backup pg than melo.

effen5
01-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Close games against Boston both times this season and Orlando.

Dominated Chicago twice this season already. LOL.

No boozer in one game, no Noah in another....

No booze, No Noah, No Care

BuddhaMONK
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Well he must know something about business or he wouldn't be a BILLIONAIRE. But I'm with you on his basketball knowledge;no contest. He should have bought the best basketball minds he could buy and butt out. But he really thinks he knows the game. Sad,really......

Yea so he's a poor businessman, I don't know how he got rich in the first place but if this was his only buisness..... I feel sorry for you fans in memphis, just like the fans in vancouver (that franchise isn't going to be there for long if he continues to be your owner). On the bright note he's 73 or 74 now so hopefully he'll die soon.

Chronz
01-11-2011, 01:35 AM

Someone should remind him how he scored so much last year, hit the offensive glass and be efficient with the shots you do get. What hes doing now is beneath him

Chronz
01-11-2011, 01:37 AM
and lamar odoms http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3S4OogR-wM

No seriously Bynum is a monster, Odom cant handle Amare but a huge widebody like Bynum is hard to score on for anyone. Dont hold it against Amare for playing out of position. It would be like clowning on D-Rose for Bron lighting him up. What can you do when your so overmatched?

kurivaimu
01-11-2011, 01:47 AM

You think the aquiring Marc Gasol would put the Knicks over the top and make them championship contenders? Are you kidding?

Apophis
01-11-2011, 01:52 AM
You think the aquiring Marc Gasol would put the Knicks over the top and make them championship contenders? Are you kidding?

No that is not what he is saying..... but it would be something nice for Hellcrooner to see being that he is from Spain... Gasol vs Gasol...

Hellcrooner
01-11-2011, 01:59 AM

nah just wishing.

I mean id rather have both gasols on the lakers.

But of course having one in Lakers and another in my second fav franchsie would be excellent too.

ttam68
01-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Breaking News: The team that I'm a fan of would like to acquire all the good players in the league.

pistonsfanomg
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Impressive lineup that would be but the Grizzlies have the advantage

All the Knicks need to do is offer him the MAX

But if the Grizzlies match it then he stays in Memphis.

Bornknick73
01-11-2011, 12:18 PM

No....but adding Tyson Chandler might. Hes a better rebounder and defender. Our team doesnt need scoring we need defense and rebounding to compete with the big boys.

jtsunami
01-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Felton
Fields
Chandler
Stoudemire
Gasol

OMG

Didn't realize that was OMG worthy.

Dude come on. I'm not gonna say anything about the Bulls bc you beat us twice, but Boston is still the best when healthy (which they haven't been all year). You don't stand a chance against a healthy Boston, Orlando, or Miami. And if the Bulls get healthy and (hopefully) upgrade the SG, you would have a hard time finding someone who would say the Knicks could beat them too.

But this is probably like talking to a brick wall. So keep on drinking the kool-aid and that 5-6 record the last 11 games. Marc Gasol will put you over the top.

NYYCowboys
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Grizzlies will match any offer so I'm not gonna get too excited over this. On another note are you allowed to put in poison pills into contracts in the NBA like in the NFL. I remember the Vikings put a claus in Steve Hutchinson's contract if he played more than like 3 games in Washington state he'd make a huge bonus which made it impossible for the Seahawks to match the offer. Is it possible to do that in the NBA?

xabial
01-11-2011, 01:01 PM

IF The knicks get Carmelo, then Yes. The Knicks only blinding weakness is a Center. If we Sign Gasol to Play Center, and assuming Memphis refuses to match and prefers Zach Randolph, and Knicks by some miracle are able to Land Carmelo, i do believe Gasol would put us over the top if he plays the Center Position. We could do a lot of Damage thats for sure

KingPosey
01-11-2011, 06:01 PM

ya GENIUS. You stupid dumb guy.

nystandup
01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
d roses balls

GREATNESS ONE
01-11-2011, 06:39 PM
this is just throwing it out there. But we are talking about the Knicks? This franchise has shown to spend the money on nothing at times, Why not spend it at both, Melo and Gasol. With Chandler coming off the bench.

GREATNESS ONE
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
IF The knicks get Carmelo, then Yes. The Knicks only blinding weakness is a Center. If we Sign Gasol to Play Center, and assuming Memphis refuses to match and prefers Zach Randolph, and Knicks by some miracle are able to Land Carmelo, i do believe Gasol would put us over the top if he plays the Center Position. We could do a lot of Damage thats for sure

hahaha I didn't go thru everyones post but we had the same idea and DAMN the Knicks would be badass with both of those guys.

da wood
01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
i honestly dont see gasol fitting in ny's coaches system so i say no

lkingratedr
01-11-2011, 09:43 PM
honestly the knicks maybe able to pull off a deal this year that might land them both gasol and carmelo seeing as they have eddy currys expiring contract .. anthony randolph kelenna azabuke (spelling) and then on top of that they have about 4 contracts that @ the start of next season will be expiring deals which will be attractive

scenario say the knicks do acquire carmelo anthony in the off season via free agency they could still offer marc gasol money

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4o9qmzp

the knicks will have about 20 million worth of cap space? expiring deals and could free up more money thru the draft by trading second round picks for cash or fielding offers for player either on the bench or out of rotation or simply drafting a player then charging a team to acquire that person so hey seeing gasol in nyc isnt far fetched neither is seeing him amare and melo on the same team

now picture this line up

felton
chandler/fields
melo/chandler
amare
gasol

with feilds gallo turiaf shawne williams whose been a surprise this year along with a pick or 2 maybe some cheap vets or pickups i could see the knicks progressing

cheetos185
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM

i know mike tried the shaq experiment and failed but shaq was past his prime and not meant for run and gun system after that he never got any legit C eddy curry sucks didn't even make it out of practise gasol can pass so i don't know maybe he works out but thats all if grizzlies let him walk which i doubt will happen

Khalifa21
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM
honestly the knicks maybe able to pull off a deal this year that might land them both gasol and carmelo seeing as they have eddy currys expiring contract .. anthony randolph kelenna azabuke (spelling) and then on top of that they have about 4 contracts that @ the start of next season will be expiring deals which will be attractive

scenario say the knicks do acquire carmelo anthony in the off season via free agency they could still offer marc gasol money

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4o9qmzp

the knicks will have about 20 million worth of cap space? expiring deals and could free up more money thru the draft by trading second round picks for cash or fielding offers for player either on the bench or out of rotation or simply drafting a player then charging a team to acquire that person so hey seeing gasol in nyc isnt far fetched neither is seeing him amare and melo on the same team

now picture this line up

felton
chandler/fields
melo/chandler
amare
gasol

with feilds gallo turiaf shawne williams whose been a surprise this year along with a pick or 2 maybe some cheap vets or pickups i could see the knicks progressing

If we were SOMEHOW able to get both Gasol and Melo, I guarantee AT LEAST two of Gallo, Chandler, Fields would be traded, probably all three.

In my wildest dreams this would be the perfect trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4lbu5g9

With a first rounder from either the Knicks or Grizz heading the Nuggets way.

Knicks lineup:

PG: Raymond Felton/Toney Douglas
SG: Landry Fields/Roger Mason
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Bill Walker
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/Shawne Williams
C: Marc Gasol/Ronny Turiaf

That team right there could be a title contender in my opinion.

ChiSox219
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM

No Shaq, JO, or Perkins

Amare got half his points on Erden.

Marc Gasol's averages:
Pts 11.5 Reb 7.2 Ast 2.8

His averages are misleading because he doesn't get as many looks a typical center of his caliber would get. He was outstanding last year and really looked poised to be on of the leagues best Centers. Not sure if that will still happen but he's still worth a lot of money.

Forgetting Chicago for a minute, how do you figure to beat Boston or Orlando?

If by needing another "piece" you mean an all-star like Melo, maybe that's reasonable.

i think bulls are better, i think knicks fans are the only disagreeing at this point.

x2

Whats the Bulls record against the Knicks this season?

Lakers have lost twice to Memphis this year...

I agree, but Gasol would look great in OKC.

NYKnicks4511
01-12-2011, 12:32 AM

Wow this guy is dumb. We stopped them on Christmas day? And yeah, I'll see if Joakim Noah can get the Bulls a win the next time we play them... lame excuse.

This all coming from a Celtics/Wizards/Raptors fan (lol). Rondo played the whole way against us until the beginning of the 4th. He was a NON FACTOR. People need to stop with these dumb excuses. The Knicks are not elite, but they are a good team who can beat Chicago as they have twice already this year.

sunnydayin'zona
01-12-2011, 12:59 AM
i dont know if that would be very good for the knicks, amare usually needs the paint open for him to work. see amare+shaq experiment. it doesnt work well. plus, gasol is slow, i dont know if thatd work in d'antoni's system

MJ-BULLS
01-12-2011, 01:15 AM
it will be very interesting to see how he fits in the New York Knicks offensive system.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
01-12-2011, 01:46 AM

Thats just dumb. Knicks almost beat boston, and we beat Chicago twice

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
01-12-2011, 01:51 AM
it will be very interesting to see how he fits in the New York Knicks offensive system.

Not for nothing. I think your sig is prob one of the best ones I have seen

NYKNYGNYY
01-12-2011, 02:12 AM
has anybody heard?!?!?! carmelo wants to be traded :speechless:

jasonbird
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM

I agree with the "the knicks are after everyone in the nba"

Ye

He got money,but he wont got everything