PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a stat and I can't find it...

daleja424
01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking for some kind of stat generator similar to basketball reference, BUT I was hoping to be able to find stats for lumps of games. For instance, any idea where to find stats on Lebron James over the past 17 games or something like that?

thanks

Chronz
01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Is there a specific stat your looking for in that stretch of games?

arkanian215
01-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Hey guys,

I am looking for some kind of stat generator similar to basketball reference, BUT I was hoping to be able to find stats for lumps of games. For instance, any idea where to find stats on Lebron James over the past 17 games or something like that?

thanks

If you're looking for a specific player, spread sheet. If you're looking to tabulate the entire league... NBA.com has last 5 and 10 games and last 5 and 10 days. I wish I knew about databases so I can just download B-R and write up scripts.

daleja424
01-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I was interested in lebron, wade, and bosh basic and advanced stats over the last 22 games compared to the first 17 games

DenButsu
01-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I always copy game logs into a spreadsheet and do it manually. The firefox extension "table2clipboard" is good for copying tables in the right format.

I use open office. Generally, I choose "paste special" > "unformatted text". I think the minutes on BR are in this format: "xx:xx". So after that there's an options menu, and usually I also choose "separate by..." > check "other" and enter a colon in the text box. That separates the seconds from the minutes instead of letting the spreadsheet automatically convert it to clock time. (Rounding off can be done manually, if you want to be that specific).

After the raw stats are in the spreadsheet then you can average, sum or whatever to get the results of the specific game set you're looking for.

This is good for lots of things that might not be in the regular "splits" options.

tredigs
01-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I think Basketballmonster.com is the answer to all your needs. They dont carry advanced stats, but have all the standard ones and then some. And it has a great setup for sorting the players over any specific duration of games you want. I use it all the time.