PDA

View Full Version : The Miami Heat have won 22 of their last 23 games

NYSpirit1
01-10-2011, 01:47 PM
The Heat have won 22 of their last 23 games, with a last seconds loss vs. the Mavericks. During that streak they've killed the Lakers, Hawks, Jazz, Hornets, Knicks (2) and the Blazers. And they already beat the Magic quite easily when they were beyond mediocre in the beginning of the season.

Can anybody really beat this team in the playoffs? This is not the Cleveland Cavaliers of the past few years. It's not LeBron and a bunch of scrubs, as evidenced by the Cavaliers now horrid 8-29 record without him. It's megastars - Wade and LeBron are becoming the incredible duo that everybody though they'd be, like Jordan and Pippen.

I don't think there's anyway that it won't be a breeze for them to the championship. The young endurance of their three stars will outlast the Celtics. Beyond that, they just have so much talent -- and now, chemistry.

I want the Knicks to win the championship, but if they don't, I want the Heat to win, just to show everybody that constructing a big three like that is pretty much an automatic championship and possibly laying a blueprint for a new NBA, one that is dominated by a few teams with big stars and one that small market teams aren't going to have much chance.

I always thought it was ridiculous when people said LeBron, Wade and Bosh wouldn't work. It didn't work for 17 games. But now they are playing at a ridiculous level. When watching Knicks-Heat, it was just something not seen in this era. Everytime the Knicks tried to get a stop (and they were playing decent defense), one of the Miami Big Three just kept scoring. If it wasn't LeBron, it was Wade. If It wasn't Bosh, it was LeBron. There's just no stopping them, especially when Miller and Haslem are back at full health.

I don't think it's unrealistic to say this team will win 6 or 7 championships, unless some teams smarten up and build big 3's of their own.

godolphins
01-10-2011, 01:59 PM
They beat the Magic before all the trades they made and still havn't beat the Celtics this season, they need to beat those two teams first. IMO

I do believe they can beat this new look Magic team but i'm not sure about the Celtics yet

TheWatcher34
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I want the Knicks to win the championship, but if they don't, I want the Heat to win, just to show everybody that constructing a big three like that is pretty much an automatic championship and possibly laying a blueprint for a new NBA, one that is dominated by a few teams with big stars and one that small market teams aren't going to have much chance.

there's so much wrong with this: how can a Knick fan cheer for the Heat. i guess the new era of the NBA has begun.

the Heat are on a roll right now..they have "found themselves" by now but they won't easily march through to the finals without facing adversity...as of right now, Orlando and Boston can beat them in a 7 game series simply by looking at how these teams match up. beyond that i think the heat will be the best team in the east for years to come.

DaBUU
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
And they definitely have taken to being the villains. Lebron is turining into Darth Vader right before our eyes, seems to be fueled by all the rage and hate aimed towards that team. IMO this makes for a better NBA when there is a large dragon to slay.

Pat Riley (Emperor): "It was too late Lebron, there was nothing we could do. Delonte West did your Moms a whole bunch of times........."

LBJ (Darth Vader): NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Pat Riley (Emperor) "Now just sign your name right here and we will crush them all"

whitemamba33
01-10-2011, 02:07 PM
-This doesn't belong in the NBA forum.

-You can't "almost" win 23 straight games. Either they did or they didn't. A loss is a loss.

-Dominance in the regular season doesn't equal dominance in the post season. Example: LeBron's Cavs.

-They still haven't beat the Celtics. It doesn't matter how many teams that they beat that AREN'T the Celtics...they are going to have to beat them sometime if they want to get anywhere. I'd rather see a thread made saying that they have beat Boston than seeing a thread saying that they have won ALMOST 23 straight.

RZZZA
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
And they definitely have taken to being the villains. Lebron is turining into Darth Vader right before our eyes, seems to be fueled by all the rage and hate aimed towards that team. IMO this makes for a better NBA when there is a large dragon to slay.

maybe. Or you could look at it like this: it makes basketball boring to watch when the winner is pre-determined and who the champion is is a foregone conclusion

daleja424
01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
lol... you cant have it both ways...

You can't talk about how Miami isnt the favorites in one thread (talking about all their "weaknesses" and how they are overrated) and then turn around and say that the Heat are bad for the NBA b/c it is a foregone conclusion they will win...

Doogolas
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
K. The Celtics ALMOST won the NBA Finals last year.

They didn't though.

nickdymez
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Didnt the rockets a few years ago win like 23 strait? what happened when they went to the playoffs

Chi StateOfMind
01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
who cares about the season if ur good u will win in the playoffs and when i look at the miami heat yes there good and should b and will b in the playoffs......but facing a team like the celtics,lakers for a series with ABSOLUTELY NO ONE DOWNLOW!!! good luck with that

JordansBulls
01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm ready for that Heat vs Bulls game on Saturday to see how good we both are.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
who cares about the season if ur good u will win in the playoffs and when i look at the miami heat yes there good and should b and will b in the playoffs......but facing a team like the celtics,lakers for a series with ABSOLUTELY NO ONE DOWNLOW!!! good luck with that
My response is "good luck dealing with Wade, LeBron, and Bosh for 7 games in a week possibly". You use your advantages to win a series.

BranWingss
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
How many points has Lebron and Wade been averging over this span?

mttwlsn16
01-10-2011, 02:31 PM
-This doesn't belong in the NBA forum.

-You can't "almost" win 23 straight games. Either they did or they didn't. A loss is a loss.

-Dominance in the regular season doesn't equal dominance in the post season. Example: LeBron's Cavs.

-They still haven't beat the Celtics. It doesn't matter how many teams that they beat that AREN'T the Celtics...they are going to have to beat them sometime if they want to get anywhere. I'd rather see a thread made saying that they have beat Boston than seeing a thread saying that they have won ALMOST 23 straight.

this

mttwlsn16
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
My response is "good luck dealing with Wade, LeBron, and Bosh for 7 games in a week possibly". You use your advantages to win a series.

you have to "deal" with bosh? hes not even good

d00d
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
when the **** ies came together to win easy, what did you expect?

they wanted easy rings, they will get them.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 02:33 PM
:facepalm: see you wednesday

d00d
01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
:facepalm: see you wednesday

oh, you playing for the Heat now? what position?

sep11ie
01-10-2011, 02:38 PM
The Rockets "nearly" won 34 games in a row, except that they lost most of them.

Ty Fast
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
their last 2 losses came to the mavs.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 02:40 PM
their last 2 losses came to the mavs.
I wish we could've closed out the second one. JET killed us. Good thing we don't have deal with them anymore I guess :D

Heater4life
01-10-2011, 02:42 PM
This isnt your average, run of the mill team on a good stretch. This three very talented players developing cohesion and fine tuning their games to play alongside eachother. As we get to the postseason they will play even better together, with the addtion of Haslem and Miller's PT increasing, they will be even more menacing.

Orlando and Boston have to get thru Miami just as much as we need to get through them. Point being, it going to be a great playoffs in the East this year.

HouRealCoach
01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Heat haters... smh

Sox72
01-10-2011, 02:52 PM

I wouldn't want to deal with Bosh while worrying about Wade and LBJ at the same time.

8kobe24
01-10-2011, 02:54 PM
The heat are playing great during the REGULAR SEASON, I cant take that away from them. 22 out of 23 is pretty impressive.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I'd like to see someone prove to me that Bosh isn't good. Especially when they are sitting their ***** in front of the computer and he's in the NBA.

handle
01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Can anybody really beat this team in the playoffs?

Is that a serious question? I don't care how good you look in the regular season, the playoffs are a different story. With both teams at 100%, Boston will take a gigantic green poop on them. If the Celtics are undermanned due to injury and the Heat happen to make it to the Finals because of it, they don't have what it takes to get by a healthy Lakers team.

Either way, expect the Heat's year to end with LeBron (and all his talents) walking off the court a loser, again.

YoungOne
01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm ready for that Heat vs Bulls game on Saturday to see how good we both are.

I don't want both teams to win but I'm rooting for the bulls this game ;)

jkcronyn
01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
im a pistons fan so i like watching the heat to watch the heat, its like watching an experiment.

anyways i feel like the heat ruined PSD though because its created a rift between miami and the rest of the league. no longer can heat fans say yeah we have a good team, but if the spurs just ran off 22/23 people would be like OH ARE THE SPURS TEH FAVORITE and no one would be reacting as poorly as people have been on this forum. it's a shame to watch.

ElMarroAfamado
01-10-2011, 03:00 PM
i agree with the guy who started the thread. i see this team winning the title this year and 10 titles in a row

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Is that a serious question? I don't care how good you look in the regular season, the playoffs are a different story. With both teams at 100%, Boston will take a gigantic green poop on them. If the Celtics are undermanned due to injury and the Heat happen to make it to the Finals because of it, they don't have what it takes to get by a healthy Lakers team.

Either way, expect the Heat's year to end with LeBron (and all his talents) walking off the court a loser, again.
With both teams at 100%, Boston will have to work their ***** off to beat Miami in a seven game series and vice versa. Should the Heat beat Boston, they'll have to work to beat the Lakers in the Finals also because as you say, the playoffs are a different story.

Either way, expect a great, competitive Eastern Conference playoffs this year and don't let your silly, petty hate blind you.

whitemamba33
01-10-2011, 03:02 PM
I'd like to see someone prove to me that Bosh isn't good. Especially when they are sitting their ***** in front of the computer and he's in the NBA.

That's like saying that I can't say that George Bush wasn't a good president because I was home on the computer while he was $$#%ing everything up.

D1JM
01-10-2011, 03:03 PM

i dont think the celtics mind

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
i dont think the celtics mind
I agree. But don't act like Boston won't have problems vs. Heat. You're dillusional if you think that.

marlinsfan24
That's like saying that I can't say that George Bush wasn't a good president because I was home on the computer while he was $$#%ing everything up.

So go ahead and prove to me how Bosh isn't "good"?

handle
Either way, expect a great, competitive Eastern Conference playoffs this year and don't let your silly, petty hate blind you.

I'll try not to let my hate blind me if you don't let your massive homerism blind you. Oops, too late.

EDIT: By the way, as a Lakers fan, I hate the Celtics about, oh, 100x more than I hate the heat. So, if I was being "blinded" by hate, wouldn't I want the Heat to win? Fact is, both Boston and the Lakers are better. The Holy Triumvirate (aka the gift from the basketball gods to us all, especially ESPN) down in Miami haven't even proven they can win a single playoff game, yet we have bandwagon Heat fans crowning them the champs already. It's annoying as hell.

SteBO
I don't. but I have to read about them at this great forum due to the influx of fair weather heat fans who registered last month.
You're right. I can't argue with that.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I'll try not to let my hate blind me if you don't let your massive homerism blind you. Oops, too late.
It's not homerism. It's reality. Saying Boston won't have problems with the Heat is absurd thinking.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
PSD's NBA forum is absolutely pathetic.

sNaKeS
01-10-2011, 03:08 PM
1. Beat the celtics first
2. Beat the magic with their new pieces

Then start talking.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
1. Beat the celtics first
2. Beat the magic with their new pieces

Then start talking.

Then how about people stop talking about the Magic too. They haven't beaten the Heat or the Celtics with their new pieces.

younggunn113
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
1. Heat Forum

2. This KID is clearly not a Knicks fan, rather a Heat fan trying to seem unbiased in his opinion. I'm a Lakers fan, if they lose in the playoffs, I'll definitely be rooting for the Celtics? Bull Spit. Clearly just a front to not look like a homer.

3. Heat Forum

4. Who cares right now? Like its been said, they have not beat the Celtics yet. They haven't played in the playoffs together yet. Regular season does not mean much.

5. They have a lack of depth in the front court. Teams like Boston (Perkins when he gets back, KG, Shaq, Big Baby) and the Lakers (Bynum who is finally starting to get healthy, Pau, and Odom) are stacked at those positions.

6. It's only January.

7. Heat Forum

handle
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
By the way, as a Lakers fan, I hate the Celtics about, oh, 100x more than I hate the heat. So, if I was being "blinded" by hate, wouldn't I want the Heat to win? Fact is, both Boston and the Lakers are better. The Holy Triumvirate (aka the gift from the basketball gods to us all, especially ESPN) down in Miami haven't even proven they can win a single playoff game, yet we have bandwagon Heat fans crowning them the champs already. It's annoying as hell.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Then how about people stop talking about the Magic too. They haven't beaten the Heat or the Celtics with their new pieces.
They beat Boston on Christmas day.

younggunn113
01-10-2011, 03:14 PM
PSD's NBA forum is absolutely pathetic.

There's still an NBA forum? I thought they switched the general forum into a Heat one? I thought the Heat and all their bangwagon fans were so good and popular PSD decided to give them 2 forums. Can you post a link to the general forum for me? Thanks in advance.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
There's still an NBA forum? I thought they switched the general forum into a Heat one? I thought the Heat and all their bangwagon fans were so good and popular PSD decided to give them 2 forums. Can you post a link to the general forum for me? Thanks in advance.

Let you know when I find that....until then, I'm sticking with MLB and NFL.

handle
It's not homerism. It's reality. Saying Boston won't have problems with the Heat is absurd thinking.

I never said they wouldn't have problems with them, I said, the Celtics would "take a giant green poop on them". Ha ha. Meaning, Boston will win, Heat will lose. If you want a prediction, I'll say Boston wins the series 4 games to 2. Now... that's not what I WANT to happen. I actually want the Heat to win because as a Lakers fan, I'd rather play them in the Finals over the C's. I'd be much less worried.

valade16

EDIT: By the way, as a Lakers fan, I hate the Celtics about, oh, 100x more than I hate the heat. So, if I was being "blinded" by hate, wouldn't I want the Heat to win? Fact is, both Boston and the Lakers are better. The Holy Triumvirate (aka the gift from the basketball gods to us all, especially ESPN) down in Miami haven't even proven they can win a single playoff game, yet we have bandwagon Heat fans crowning them the champs already. It's annoying as hell.

Its kind of hard to prove something that you havent done yet lol.

The celtics and lakers haet proven they can win THIS years playoffs either lol.

Seriously, of all the flawed logic ive heard this might just take the cake

ATX
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Its kind of hard to prove something that you havent done yet lol.

The celtics and lakers haet proven they can win THIS years playoffs either lol.

Seriously, of all the flawed logic ive heard this might just take the cake

This, I was just going to disregard that "Logic". To say the Heat haven't proved they can win 1 playoff game this year is THE SAME as saying ANY team hasn't done it either, since that has yet to occur. Thanks for being a poster with a brain. :cheers:

m26555
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Miami is not better than Boston. Point blank. Period.

The funny thing is, the Celtics have not even been at full-strength for ONE GAME this season. The Heat would have very little chance against Boston in a seven-game series. The Celts are just too big and too deep. Saying it would be a "breeze" for them to win the championship is absolutely laughable.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
They beat Boston on Christmas day.

Rondo was out that game.

AddiX
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Heat are a damn good team. There perimeter defense is 2nd to none. Wade is playing out of his mind right now. They are right there with any team in the league.

I'm root against them every game, but I don't know how anyone can say any other team is flat out better at this point.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I never said they wouldn't have problems with them, I said, the Celtics would "take a giant green poop on them". Ha ha. Meaning, Boston will win, Heat will lose. If you want a prediction, I'll say Boston wins the series 4 games to 2. Now... that's not what I WANT to happen. I actually want the Heat to win because as a Lakers fan, I'd rather play them in the Finals over the C's. I'd be much less worried.
Exactly. Saying that is silly. Until Boston beats us when we're actually cohesive, then you can talk about them. That's the kind of argument I've been hearing. I could sit here and L.A. has no chance against us because we whopped their *** on Christmas day, but that wouldn't make any sense since it's one game. You can't have it both ways.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM

The funny thing is, the Celtics have not even been at full-strength for ONE GAME this season. The Heat would have very little chance against Boston in a seven-game series. The Celts are just too big and too deep. Saying it would be a "breeze" for them to win the championship is absolutely laughable.

The Heat haven't played a game this season (and most of the preseason) with their top 5 players.

And saying that the Heat have a little chance of beating the Celtics in a 7 game series is as outlandish as saying the Heat will have a cake walk to the championship.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM

Neither has Miami.

m26555
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Exactly. Saying that is silly. Until Boston beats us when we're actually cohesive, then you can talk about them. That's the kind of argument I've been hearing. I could sit here and L.A. has no chance against us because we whopped their *** on Christmas day, but that wouldn't make any sense since it's one game. You can't have it both ways.
Woah woah woah. You do realize that Boston also wasn't cohesive in EITHER of its victories over Miami, right?

m26555
01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Neither has Miami.
Mike Miller /= Kendrick Perkins and all of the other pieces Boston has been missing sporadically throughout the season. Haslem is out all year, so you can't even use him as a part of your argument.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Woah woah woah. You do realize that Boston also wasn't cohesive in EITHER of its victories over Miami, right?
Woah woah woah. You do you realize that Boston's had it's core for a few years now and Miami was playing with a completely new roster, right? It was obvious in the games.

marlinsfan24
Mike Miller /= Kendrick Perkins and all of the other pieces Boston has been missing sporadically throughout the season. Haslem is out all year, so you can't even use him as a part of your argument.

Haslem will be back in late March..

SteBO
UD is coming back before the playoffs.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Haslem will be back in late March..
I see you had it handled. Thanks :hi5:

m26555
The Heat haven't played a game this season (and most of the preseason) with their top 5 players.

And saying that the Heat have a little chance of beating the Celtics in a 7 game series is as outlandish as saying the Heat will have a cake walk to the championship.
Just like I said to the other poster: Miller does not have NEARLY as big of an impact as Perkins, and let's not forget that Boston has been missing Garnett, Rondo, West, Shaq, and J.O. in spurts.

It is not outlandish to say that the Heat have very little chance against Boston considering the Celtics 1) took them behind the woodshed in their first two meetings, and 2) have been to the Finals two of the past three years (and it likely would have been three straight had Garnett been healthy in '09) and know what it takes to win a playoff series.

Miami has not even played ONE playoff game as a unit yet. Until they do, I'm giving them very little chance of beating the Celtics, a bigger, deeper, and much more versatile team, in a seven-game series.

marlinsfan24
And guess what, I don't believe that the Lakers will even be in the Finals this season.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Rondo was out that game.

and it was what? there second game playing together? the magic hadn't even had a practice yet and still won and garnett played as well.

Double_R
01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
The Heat have won 22 of their last 23 games, with a last seconds loss vs. the Mavericks. During that streak they've killed the Lakers, Hawks, Jazz, Hornets, Knicks (2) and the Blazers. And they already beat the Magic quite easily when they were beyond mediocre in the beginning of the season.

Can anybody really beat this team in the playoffs? This is not the Cleveland Cavaliers of the past few years. It's not LeBron and a bunch of scrubs, as evidenced by the Cavaliers now horrid 8-29 record without him. It's megastars - Wade and LeBron are becoming the incredible duo that everybody though they'd be, like Jordan and Pippen.

I don't think there's anyway that it won't be a breeze for them to the championship. The young endurance of their three stars will outlast the Celtics. Beyond that, they just have so much talent -- and now, chemistry.

I always thought it was ridiculous when people said LeBron, Wade and Bosh wouldn't work. It didn't work for 17 games. But now they are playing at a ridiculous level. When watching Knicks-Heat, it was just something not seen in this era. Everytime the Knicks tried to get a stop (and they were playing decent defense), one of the Miami Big Three just kept scoring. If it wasn't LeBron, it was Wade. If It wasn't Bosh, it was LeBron. There's just no stopping them, especially when Miller and Haslem are back at full health.

I don't think it's unrealistic to say this team will win 6 or 7 championships, unless some teams smarten up and build big 3's of their own.

They beat the Magic on the day of their biggest and most anticipated home opener of all time, not to mention that DH was in foul trouble the entire game. What you are failing to recognize is that the Magic also beat them before the trade and DH had his way with that weak front line.

The Lakers are the only legit contender that they have beaten, but they are also a team that was blown out 4 games straight by mediocre teams and the Heat, so that one isn't that impressive.

Back to the Heat, yea they have won games, but they have also won a few in OT against mediocre teams and haven't really beat a contender and beat up on some garbage teams, just what Lebron did in CLeveland. I hate to break it to you, but the Knicks aren't really known for their defense.

I am more impressed with the Magic's 9 game win streak since it includes wins over the Spurs and Celtics(2 real contenders) back to back games, the Mavs(No Dirk though) and the Knicks who they blew out and let come back late, but still controlled the game or the Spurs start to the season in which they have dominated or the fact that the Celtics have been so dominate with the injuries they have.

Not to mention that BOSTON HAS ABSOLUTELY BEAT THE HEAT DOWN AND THE HEAT's ONLY HAVE 2 WINS OVER ACTUAL CONTENDERS (THE MAGIC WHO ALSO BEAT THE HEAT AND THE LAKERS WHO WERE GETTING BEAT BY EVERYBODY AT THE TIME) SO I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YEA IT'S A NICE STREAK, BUT IT'S ALSO BEEN THE EASIEST SCHEDULE OUT THERE.

handle
I'll end my participation in this discussion by saying this: seeing the Heat get eliminated this year will be a great ******* day. On that day, expect the "long-time" and "die-hard" Heat fans in this forum to nearly completely disappear... until next season, that is... when the bandwagon comes around again.

m26555
And guess what, I don't believe that the Lakers will even be in the Finals this season.
I would be stunned. The Lakers are doing this season exactly what the Celtics did last season. They're coasting until the playoffs.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I would be stunned. The Lakers are doing this season exactly what the Celtics did last season. They're coasting until the playoffs.

Don't discount the Spurs, all I have to say.

northsider
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Things are getting good in Miami real good.

SteBO
Just like I said to the other poster: Miller does not have NEARLY as big of an impact as Perkins, and let's not forget that Boston has been missing Garnett, Rondo, West, Shaq, and J.O. in spurts.

It is not outlandish to say that the Heat have very little chance against Boston considering the Celtics 1) took them behind the woodshed in their first two meetings, and 2) have been to the Finals two of the past three years (and it likely would have been three straight had Garnett been healthy in '09) and know what it takes to win a playoff series.

Miami has not even played ONE playoff game as a unit yet. Until they do, I'm giving them very little chance of beating the Celtics, a bigger, deeper, and much more versatile team, in a seven-game series.
You can't say Miller doesn't have as big of an impact as Kendrick when he hasn't even gotten consistent mintues. I've been killing Spo for not playing him, bt at the same time I can't blame him because we're winning. Same goes for Perkins, he hasn't even played this year, but at least he knows how Boston runs offense, so it's a pretty seamless transition for him.

Fact of the matter is, Boston will have just as tough a time with Miami as Miami will have with Boston. Nuff said.

AIRMAR72
i think they still need a PG and center who can run with wade and bron but lastnite game was great showing from bron i never thought he scored that many point till after the game that greatness both wade and bron score can score 40 points by taking just 15-20 shots..i would like see kobe do that instead of chucking up 30 -35 shot just to score 30

m26555
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
You can't say Miller doesn't have as big of an impact as Kendrick when he hasn't even gotten consistent mintues. I've been killing Spo for not playing him, bt at the same time I can't blame him because we're winning. Same goes for Perkins, he hasn't even played this year, but at least he knows how Boston runs offense, so it's a pretty seamless transition for him.

Fact of the matter is, Boston will have just as tough a time with Miami as Miami will have with Boston. Nuff said.
Well, Miller is a nice piece for the Heat, but I just don't think you can compare the impact he has on the game to Perkins', as Perkins is the second best low-post defender in the league behind Howard.

Look; don't get it twisted. I'm not saying the Celtics would walk all over the Heat, but I would be very, very shocked if they didn't beat them should they meet in the postseason.

JordansBulls
01-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Disagree. Lakers barely won the west last year only finishing two games ahead of Dallas. They are getting older now and last year they had the perfect matchups in the playoffs.

Antipod
01-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Either way, Bulls record if save, so ... :D

The L Train
01-10-2011, 03:45 PM
why is this a thread?

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
^Moderators are sleeping.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
They beat the Magic on the day of their biggest and most anticipated home opener of all time, not to mention that DH was in foul trouble the entire game. What you are failing to recognize is that the Magic also beat them before the trade and DH had his way with that weak front line.

The Lakers are the only legit contender that they have beaten, but they are also a team that was blown out 4 games straight by mediocre teams and the Heat, so that one isn't that impressive.

Back to the Heat, yea they have won games, but they have also won a few in OT against mediocre teams and haven't really beat a contender and beat up on some garbage teams, just what Lebron did in CLeveland. I hate to break it to you, but the Knicks aren't really known for their defense.

I am more impressed with the Magic's 9 game win streak since it includes wins over the Spurs and Celtics(2 real contenders) back to back games, the Mavs(No Dirk though) and the Knicks who they blew out and let come back late, but still controlled the game or the Spurs start to the season in which they have dominated or the fact that the Celtics have been so dominate with the injuries they have.

Not to mention that BOSTON HAS ABSOLUTELY BEAT THE HEAT DOWN AND THE HEAT's ONLY HAVE 2 WINS OVER ACTUAL CONTENDERS (THE MAGIC WHO ALSO BEAT THE HEAT AND THE LAKERS WHO WERE GETTING BEAT BY EVERYBODY AT THE TIME) SO I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YEA IT'S A NICE STREAK, BUT IT'S ALSO BEEN THE EASIEST SCHEDULE OUT THERE.
So many things wrong here.

1) Saying the Lakers weren't playing well at the time the Heat beat them is the weakest argument I've ever heard. We beat them at full strength on their home floor, that's reality.

2) Part of your argument was saying that Orlando beat the knicks. OK, well, so did Miami, twice in fact. BTW, Orlando has yet to play us with their new pieces and they don't have the size outside of Howard they had before, and their perimeter D is laughable, sorry.

3) Portland at home could beat anybody in the league, granted Brandon Roy's hurt, and they came in on a hot home winning streak and Miami beat them in OT.

4) Orlando's streak is indeed impressive. But if you're going to use injuries as an excuse, Boston didn't have Rondo.

5) Boston is really the only team I'm fearing right now in the east, but, again, Boston is going to have trouble with Miami's speed and athleticism, like Miami will have to deal with Boston's size. It's about using your advantages to the fullest. That;s how you win in the playoffs

kArSoN RyDaH
01-10-2011, 03:49 PM
the lakers nearly won 82 games except they didnt. :shrug:

kArSoN RyDaH
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM

1) Saying the Lakers weren't playing well at the time the Heat beat them is the weakest argument I've ever heard. We beat them at full strength on their home floor, that's reality.2) Part of your argument was saying that Orlando beat the knicks. OK, well, so did Miami, twice in fact. BTW, Orlando has yet to play us with their new pieces and they don't have the size outside of Howard they had before, and their perimeter D is laughable, sorry.

3) Portland at home could beat anybody in the league, granted Brandon Roy's hurt, and they came in on a hot home winning streak and Miami beat them in OT.

4) Orlando's streak is indeed impressive. But if you're going to use injuries as an excuse, Boston didn't have Rondo.

5) Boston is really the only team I'm fearing right now in the east, but, again, Boston is going to have trouble with Miami's speed and athleticism, like Miami will have to deal with Boston's size. It's about using your advantages to the fullest. That;s how you win in the playoffs

Actually, no, you didn't.

Bynum wasn't a part of that starting lineup. He was on the bench and was just coming off an injury. He is now fully healthy.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, Miller is a nice piece for the Heat, but I just don't think you can compare the impact he has on the game to Perkins', as Perkins is the second best low-post defender in the league behind Howard.

Look; don't get it twisted. I'm not saying the Celtics would walk all over the Heat, but I would be very, very shocked if they didn't beat them should they meet in the postseason.
I can understand and agree with this. Thank you for clarifying and responding with maturity.

m26555
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Disagree. Lakers barely won the west last year only finishing two games ahead of Dallas. They are getting older now and last year they had the perfect matchups in the playoffs.
And Dallas then proceeded to get eliminated in the first round. Judging by regular season standings is never a good thing to do; just look at Boston last year.

We heard this same exact talk about the Celtics last season, and they then went on to steamroll through the East and were a few minutes away from winning another title. Until the Lakers get dethroned in the playoffs, they are still the favorite out West.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Bynum wasn't a part of that starting lineup. He was on the bench and was just coming off an injury. He is now fully healthy.
He still played, though. You didn't have significant players out, so technically, yeah, you were at full strength. Regardless, we still won.

Missing56&33
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
they are starting to look scary.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM

This is true. But the Heat still went into LA and beat the Lakers. You guys cannot take that away from us. Imagine the hell we would have gotten if we lost that game.

Jonathan2323
01-10-2011, 03:55 PM
All the people saying that the HEAT will be a great regular season team and not a playoff team. Do you understand that we have Wade, LeBron and Bosh?

Also teams that play well on the road during the regular season is a great indicator that a team will have success in the playoffs.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
He still played, though. You didn't have significant players out, so technically, yeah, you were at full strength. Regardless, we still won.

It doesn't really matter to me. You guys did beat us. I don't care. But we weren't really at full strength.

pebloemer
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Are you suggesting that this is a desirable future for you as an NBA fan? That it would be good for the game?

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 03:57 PM
And Dallas then proceeded to get eliminated in the first round. Judging by regular season standings is never a good thing to do; just look at Boston last year.

We heard this same exact talk about the Celtics last season, and they then went on to steamroll through the East and were a few minutes away from winning another title. Until the Lakers get dethroned in the playoffs, they are still the favorite out West.

That's true. But the Lakers don't have an easy as road as the either team had last season. That's the point Jordansbulls was trying to make. Lakers are still the defending champs, doesn't necessarily mean they are the best team in their conference.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-10-2011, 03:57 PM
This is true. But the Heat still went into LA and beat the Lakers. You guys cannot take that away from us. Imagine the hell we would have gotten if we lost that game.

Yeah, the world would come to an end if you guys would have lost. All hell would break loose! LMAO! But we'll see you guys at your home. Should be a better gauge for us and you.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
It doesn't really matter to me. You guys did beat us. I don't care. But we weren't really at full strength.
I see your point. It's gud to see Bynum getting into form. Will be gud to see them at full force once again.

Brooklyn Mets
01-10-2011, 03:59 PM
good thing you posted this thread because ESPN hasnt said this 6 million times already :horse:

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
^Lesson number 1 in keeping your sanity: avoid watching ESPN.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
anybody else think we should have a PSD version of the "Heat Index"? Naw, im kidding, I don't mind the heat threads. it's the NBA forum, so all is open for discussion.

Dade County
01-10-2011, 04:03 PM
im a pistons fan so i like watching the heat to watch the heat, its like watching an experiment.

anyways i feel like the heat ruined PSD though because its created a rift between miami and the rest of the league. no longer can heat fans say yeah we have a good team, but if the spurs just ran off 22/23 people would be like OH ARE THE SPURS TEH FAVORITE and no one would be reacting as poorly as people have been on this forum. it's a shame to watch.

You speak the truth :clap: :clap: :clap:

Heater4life
01-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Why dont we just leave it at "We'll see come playoff time." We're arguing semantics here. The Heat are playing good and look like a winning team at the moment. Come playoff time, we can compare the contenders in a seven game series.

ATX
01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
This thread should have never been opened in the first place. Miami would have to have won 82 of 82 games during the season, plus 16 straight in the playoffs and all wins by at least double figures for Miami to get even a shred of respect from the haters.

RZZZA
01-10-2011, 04:16 PM
This thread should have never been opened in the first place. Miami would have to have won 82 of 82 games during the season, plus 16 straight in the playoffs and all wins by at least double figures for Miami to get even a shred of respect from the haters.

Miami get's no respect?

yeah, you're a regular Rodney Dangerfield :D

respect isnt the issue

aman_13
01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
I am not a big fan of the way Miami runs their offense. Yes Lebron uses Wade and vice versa but the difficulty level on their shots are high. In other words, they don't get easy baskets often enough down the stretch against high quality teams. Bosh is more of an outside threat, he relies on his jump shot to open up his game but because his touches are limited, he doesn't have the opportunity to really expand his offense as the game goes on. He just becomes one demensional on offense. Last night, Lebron and Wade used their superstar magic to win the game, but if they did not make those difficult shots, it's Portland's game.

Defensively, they are great which is why on most nights it doesn't matter how they run their offense because it's their D that wins the game. They lead the league at protecting the paint. They are very physical and force opposing teams to get the shot they want them to take.

Double_R
01-10-2011, 04:21 PM

1) Saying the Lakers weren't playing well at the time the Heat beat them is the weakest argument I've ever heard. We beat them at full strength on their home floor, that's reality.

2) Part of your argument was saying that Orlando beat the knicks. OK, well, so did Miami, twice in fact. BTW, Orlando has yet to play us with their new pieces and they don't have the size outside of Howard they had before, and their perimeter D is laughable, sorry.

1. Apparently you aren't in reality; going into the XMas day game the Lakers were coming off getting blown out by the Bucks in LA(so are they the truth too???) and then they got blown out the 2 games following... losing 4 straight by like 20 a pop; so I wouldn't think that you would consider them not at top of their game.

2. The Fact that you don't think the Magic have the size outside of Howard is down right laughable considering that the Heat have no size period and don't tell me Biz Z bec the guy is a joke when it comes to size(he'stall, not big and plays like a SF)... The perimeter of the Magic VS. the Heat; Nelson lit up arroyo and is actually bigger even though arroyo is 2 inches taller(advantage Magic, Wade 6'4''JRich 6'6'', Lebron 6'8''-Turk 6'10'', that looks like the Magic have more perimeter height and length to me.... THe bottom line is that the Magic have had a total of 2 or 3 practices since the trade so I'm sure they will get better. PS, the Knicks weren't part of my argument if you read it correctly, I said they aren't a contender and they aren't.

3. A win in overtime with no Roy; if that is your big win, I would stop typing because you are embarrassing yourself.

4.Yea the Celts had no Rondo, but that hasn't stopped them from beating other teams and the Magic had just traded away half of their team for a new half; that was impressive; not to mention that KG played.

5. Obviously you are concerned about the Celts, but you are also naive to think that the Magic couldn't beat the Heat when the games are slowed down and half court offense is at a premium and so is DH... Size wins and the Magic are also in the top 5 in Defensive efficiency, even after the trade, so think again sport.

6. Who has 1000 posts in a month, get a life or a job; we get it, you just became a Heat fan and want everyone to know, but seriously come on.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Is anyone surprised?

The L Train
01-10-2011, 04:48 PM
2011 will be my 7th year as a member/poster on this forum. But ever since PSD has turned into a Miami Heat forum, I haven't been around much. In the old days, the mods never would have allowed us to create threads like this about the same team over and over.

I'm just venting, but I know I speak for many others here when I say I'm tired of seeing the 'Lebron got a haircut' and 'Miami shot 55%' type of threads constantly created.

I dont know if you guys realize it, but all you're doing is making other fanbases hate Miami even more. I know the mods try to keep the hate under control, but by allowing so many pointless threads about Miami it's working against what you're trying to do.

I mean look, the Lakers just won back to back titles, and you dont see a billion threads about what kind of candy Odom likes and what college football game Kobe may or may not be attending. Things have gotten out of hand here. This thread has no place here, and especially not in the nba forum.

I say if you guys wanna talk ab out how you ALMOSY won 23 in a row, do it in your own forum. But I guess that's why I'll never be a mod.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 04:55 PM
1. Apparently you aren't in reality; going into the XMas day game the Lakers were coming off getting blown out by the Bucks in LA(so are they the truth too???) and then they got blown out the 2 games following... losing 4 straight by like 20 a pop; so I wouldn't think that you would consider them not at top of their game.

2. The Fact that you don't think the Magic have the size outside of Howard is down right laughable considering that the Heat have no size period and don't tell me Biz Z bec the guy is a joke when it comes to size(he'stall, not big and plays like a SF)... The perimeter of the Magic VS. the Heat; Nelson lit up arroyo and is actually bigger even though arroyo is 2 inches taller(advantage Magic, Wade 6'4''JRich 6'6'', Lebron 6'8''-Turk 6'10'', that looks like the Magic have more perimeter height and length to me.... THe bottom line is that the Magic have had a total of 2 or 3 practices since the trade so I'm sure they will get better. PS, the Knicks weren't part of my argument if you read it correctly, I said they aren't a contender and they aren't.

3. A win in overtime with no Roy; if that is your big win, I would stop typing because you are embarrassing yourself.

4.Yea the Celts had no Rondo, but that hasn't stopped them from beating other teams and the Magic had just traded away half of their team for a new half; that was impressive; not to mention that KG played.

5. Obviously you are concerned about the Celts, but you are also naive to think that the Magic couldn't beat the Heat when the games are slowed down and half court offense is at a premium and so is DH... Size wins and the Magic are also in the top 5 in Defensive efficiency, even after the trade, so think again sport.

6. Who has 1000 posts in a month, get a life or a job; we get it, you just became a Heat fan and want everyone to know, but seriously come on.

I agreed with everything you said, including my misinterpretation of the Knicks up until your last point, and I never POR was our biggest win. Learn how to read!

I have 1000 posts because believe it or not, there are actually good posters here that know how to have mature discussions about different sports topics and don't cowardly bash you online, unlike you of course.

I have a part-time job, work out three times per week, and go to college classes twice per week. So i guess that means, I do have a life.

I've been a heat fan for years, since Tim Hardaway to be exact, but you wouldn't know since you don't have damn clue about who I am. The join date in this case, means absolutely nothing, therefore exposing your absurd way of thinking. So this is what I suggest. I suggest you stop :cry: and ******** about my personal life and respond like an intelligent person because your ignorance in this spot is very unattractive. K. ;) Thanks :clap:

BTW, since I'm done with this thread, I want to thank those that responded to my opinion in a mature and adult manner. Wish there were more people like you guys. Much love.

Hustlenomics
01-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Celtics beat Lebron in 6 last year and Wade in 5 last year..now it's just going to be two birds with one stone

BkOriginalOne
01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
During these pre all star game win streak, they have not played Boston or San Antonio.

Evolution23
01-10-2011, 05:18 PM
They havent beat the Celtics yet so that is the big question. But I do feel like the Heat have finally dev eloped chemistry so the next time they play the Celtics, it will be more interesting.

Avenged
01-10-2011, 06:02 PM

I wouldn't go that far but I do believe the Celtics could take down the Heat. I don't think it will be as easy as you make it seem, not when Lebron and Wade are on the same team.

The Celtics are still the team to beat out East until they get taken out. The same thing that happened to the C's last year is happening to the Lakers now. Everyone is counting the Lakers out, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't L.A vs. BOS this season again.

Da Knicks
01-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Real knick fans want both the celtics and heat to lose, also the lakers LOL.

boozilla
01-10-2011, 06:27 PM
yea they only lost 1 game in the last 23 games played..... SO!

Jonathan2323
01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Celtics beat Lebron in 6 last year and Wade in 5 last year..now it's just going to be two birds with one stone

Have you checked their stats in both those series?

Either team can win, it will be a tough series for both teams. It won't be won easily.

I would put my money on Miami though, nobody wants to see Wade and LeBron in a 7 game series.

DaBUU
01-10-2011, 06:33 PM
They havent played Da Bulls yet

j-mart
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
They haven't even shown they can beat Boston yet so 6 or 7 championships (let alone one) is way too premature.

ManRam
01-10-2011, 06:38 PM
They're the best team in the NBA right now. Do I think they are the favorites to win it all? Not really...but right now, they are the best team. You cannot argue against 22 for 23, and if you are trying, you are being unreasonable.

JVG got a ton of **** for his predictions about them, and he won't be right about any of them...but his 33 in a row prediction doesn't look as crazy now as it did then. They have been unbeatable lately.

They play Chicago, NYK, Orlando and Boston on the road once each over the next month...those will be the true litmus test games.

KingPosey
01-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Its the NBA. A 7 game series takes like a month.

BALLER71
01-10-2011, 06:45 PM
They're the best team in the NBA right now. Do I think they are the favorites to win it all? Not really...but right now, they are the best team. You cannot argue against 22 for 23, and if you are trying, you are being unreasonable.

JVG got a ton of **** for his predictions about them, and he won't be right about any of them...but his 33 in a row prediction doesn't look as crazy now as it did then. They have been unbeatable lately.

They play Chicago, NYK, Orlando and Boston on the road once each over the next month...those will be the true litmus test games.

I'm not trying to start anything with Knicks fans but clearly the Knicks aren't close to competing with Miami. We beat them at MSG and beat them at home.

I don't think this Heat team could beat Boston. They are way to good defensively and too many physical big man.

And the Bulls... lol.

bringinwood
01-10-2011, 06:47 PM
They are as advertised...

I thought it was ridiculously ignorant when people were counting them out after 20 games...

If a team gains a new starter midseason, it takes awhile for them to gel... Add two superstar players that you're counting on for heavy production and it tests your chemistry on a whole another level....

The scary thing is that they still aren't truely showing how dominant they can be... They haven't gelled 100 % yet...

They will shatter some records in route to a couple of titles... I have zero doubt about it...

As for people who say they can't beat the Celtics or Magic in the playoffs ????

Keep smoking... It's good the NBA still has the illusion of parity in regards to some fans home teams...

In reality, if this team stays healthy, they won't be beat 4 times in a 7 game spand by any team in the NBA while they are together... Not a chance in hell...

ManRam
01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm not trying to start anything with Knicks fans but clearly the Knicks aren't close to competing with Miami. We beat them at MSG and beat them at home.

I don't think this Heat team could beat Boston. They are way to good defensively and too many physical big man.

And the Bulls... lol.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I can not imagine a single scenario where either of those two teams beat Miami in a playoff series, but they are probably the 4th and 5th best teams in the East (maybe Atlanta is in there)...so they are more meaningful and telling than probably 80-85% of the games Miami will play this regular season.

greek miami hea
01-10-2011, 06:55 PM

absolutely not!hahahah.boston will collapse due to their age.MAGIC IS DEF NOT AS GOOD AS THE HEAT.so i can only see the heat !

69centers
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
And the Rockets won 22 games straight one year and where did that get them?

We're tied with the Heat despite having KG and Rondo both miss games with injuries. How would the Heat's record be if Wade and James both missed the same games that KG and Rondo did? KG and Rondo are arguably the two most important Celtics players, so take James and Wade out for some games and see how they do.

And, we don't even have Perkins or Delonte West right now.

Hustlenomics
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
And the Rockets won 22 games straight one year and where did that get them?

We're tied with the Heat despite having KG and Rondo both miss games with injuries. How would the Heat's record be if Wade and James both missed the same games that KG and Rondo did? KG and Rondo are arguably the two most important Celtics players, so take James and Wade out for some games and see how they do.

And, we don't even have Perkins or Delonte West right now.

ha..that's crazy how stacked they are

richiesaurus310
01-10-2011, 07:12 PM
This is cool and all but all that matters is what they do in the playoffs. This is irrelevant to them right now.

apocalypse15
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Cleavland did finish with 60+ wins the last two regular seasons and didn't accomplish anything in terms of Championships. I am not saying the Heat won't win championships but regular season dominance does not always equal NBA championship by no means. Nor a Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, or World Series title. Anything can happen in a 7 games series though.

mjt20mik
01-10-2011, 07:27 PM
This is cool and all but all that matters is what they do in the playoffs. This is irrelevant to them right now.

This. You saw what happened to the Cavs last year. You may have the best record, but when it comes to the playoffs all of that is meaningless.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Its the NBA. A 7 game series takes like a month.
Oops. That's what I meant, bt it aint what i posted. My bad.