PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at it...

kobe24>lebron23
01-10-2011, 04:32 AM
How did Kobe not get the MVP in 05-06 I mean 35-5-5
81 points 62 in 3 quarters 10+ 50 point games
I mean really if there was ever a case where they could have made winning an exception this could have been it I mean those stats kill all of nashes wow Kobe got screwed...and I can think of 2 more season where Kobe got screwed as well just not as bad a this one...
Kobe has a chance this year if the lakers keep up playing well like they have lately but who knows with this biased media... It's a shame he only has 1 mvp:facepalm:

boozdawg
01-10-2011, 04:39 AM
How about the guy who averaged 31-7-7? That guy also took his team further in the playoffs than kobe, had a better FG%, per, eFG%, TS%, and put up better stats in the playoffs?

LeBron should have won.

LA_Raiders
01-10-2011, 04:42 AM
He was the most hated player at that time...

abe_froman
01-10-2011, 04:46 AM
I mean really if there was ever a case where they could have made winning an exception this could have been it I mean those stats kill all of nashes wow Kobe got screwed...and I can think of 2 more season where Kobe got screwed as well just not as bad a this one...
Kobe has a chance this year if the lakers keep up playing well like they have lately but who knows with this biased media... It's a shame he only has 1 mvp:facepalm:

his team was 7th seed,guys who play on 7 seeds dont win mvp's ..no matter how good their stats are.if it didnt matter tmac would have won over timmy in 01

210Don
01-10-2011, 04:51 AM
kobe only has one mvp lol i was lookin at the mvp years so many back 2 backs it crazy

Sactown
01-10-2011, 04:54 AM
The year Kobe won it, I thought it should of gone to CP3 :hide:

ragee
01-10-2011, 04:58 AM

Make room for me under that chair! Coz that was what I was thinking too! :D

kayface
01-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Make room for me under that chair! Coz that was what I was thinking too! :D

threesome?

OBredskin
01-10-2011, 05:25 AM
threesome?

Got room for a 4th? CP3 definitely deserved it that year.

THINKBLUE15
01-10-2011, 05:33 AM
So what you guys are saying is Kobe should have zero MVPs? I don't care...just clarifying.

Bruno
01-10-2011, 05:53 AM
His reputation was still in the gutter, and the Lakers didn't win enough games. To be MVP your team almost always has to win 50 games, at least.

There should be an entirely separate award for dragging a starting line-up of Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, and Brian Cook into the playoffs.

When is the NBA going to have a "Where are they now" addition of the 2005-2006 L.A. Lakers?

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Im sure if another superstar took 28 shots a game as well, they could put those type of numbers.

Fact his his team was a 7 seed, and they were not that good.

KG2TB
01-10-2011, 07:16 AM
So what you guys are saying is Kobe should have zero MVPs? I don't care...just clarifying.

Yes. Crazy as it is to say but yes.

Raidaz4Life
01-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Im sure if another superstar took 28 shots a game as well, they could put those type of numbers.

Fact his his team was a 7 seed, and they were not that good.

Didn't they almost knock off the suns that year?

I still think it is a travesty he didn't win it considering that was one of the most memorable seasons for any player in the past decade. He got screwed because the MVP is actually "best player on the best team" award and not literally the most valuable player....

PrettyBoyJ
01-10-2011, 07:53 AM
An Argument can be made in 02-03 for Kobe as well.. He was the best player on somewhat the best team (they were defending champs) you can say Shaq was the man in LA but that Season Kobe took being the second option to another level.. He Avg. 30.0 ppg 6.9 reb 5.9 Ast. 2.2 stls .8 blks.. he played all 82 games had the steak of 40 point games for 9 games going, was one of the exciting players to watch and basically made the Lakers contenders even as a 5th seed...

HeatVsHate
01-10-2011, 09:21 AM

Make room for 5, CP3 did deserve that MVP too bad for him. (Maybe his fans should make a thread like this too) Just kidding.

No, I think kobe deserved to have one or two we are just saying that, that year CP3 seems to have deserved it more. Its all opinion, that's just ours.

kobe24>lebron23
01-10-2011, 12:20 PM
So people think he should have 0 lol all I know is there is no way Nash and lebron should have more then Kobe Kobe has gotten screwed of atleast 2 mvp's

JordansBulls
01-10-2011, 12:24 PM
An Argument can be made in 02-03 for Kobe as well.. He was the best player on somewhat the best team (they were defending champs) you can say Shaq was the man in LA but that Season Kobe took being the second option to another level.. He Avg. 30.0 ppg 6.9 reb 5.9 Ast. 2.2 stls .8 blks.. he played all 82 games had the steak of 40 point games for 9 games going, was one of the exciting players to watch and basically made the Lakers contenders even as a 5th seed...

Naw not that year. Duncan won 60 games with the Spurs with Robinson in his last year and 2nd year Parker and 1st year Manu (57th pick) and won the title. Also the Lakers were 5-10 without Shaq that year.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
So people think he should have 0 lol all I know is there is no way Nash and lebron should have more then Kobe Kobe has gotten screwed of atleast 2 mvp's
LeBron deserves both MVP's he got, bt Kobe should have more than Nash in my opinion. The criteria for the MVP is kinda silly, it's all about stats with these people.

JordansBulls
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM

He didn't get screwed. Only way you get screwed are:

1. You have the best stats in the league (PER/Win Shares)
or
2. You lead your team to the #1 seed/best record in the league

To me those are the only two way you can say someone was screwed out of a MVP.

NYtilIdie
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM

***k it, we're gonna need a table for six. That was CP3's year.

hgtiger32
01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
:'( cry me a river

sep11ie
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Living in the past much?

TheWatcher34
01-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Kobe as scoring champ yes...MVP No.

Da Knicks
01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
I agree cp3 should of got the mvp the year kobe won it, so yeah kobe should have zero mvps. crazy but true...

pedrofan45
01-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Haha he's definitely one of the best EVER! :facepalm:

ragee
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Well, not really... He deserves one if not more... I just think that Paul deserved it more that year... Kobe is one hell of a player the year he won the MVP, look at the talent that were surrounding him then look at the talent surrounding Paul... The Lakers ended up with 57-25 record while the Hornets with 56-26... Both of their stats were great so how did Kobe got the MVP? Because he has been one of the best player in the league for years and it was long over due (I actually think this was the reason why he got it)? If so, was that fair to Chris Paul?

Hawkeye15
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I have said it before. Kobe should have won that season, but LeBron or Paul should have won it the year Kobe got it.

The MVP award has become something I personally don't care about. I get that some think Nash winning it was a message that basketball team play, and fundamentals should be back, but 2??????? How did Nash win 2 MVP's?

Kobe should have won it that year, and not the year he did win it. So he would still have 1 if things shook out the way I think they should have

ShockerArt
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I have said it before. Kobe should have won that season, but LeBron or Paul should have won it the year Kobe got it.

Agreed. Kobe should have won in 05-06. But, Paul definitely should have won it the year Kobe did.

benzni
01-10-2011, 02:31 PM
who cares. look at the present

boozdawg
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
LeBron should have won every MVP award from the 04-05 season up to now, aside from the 06-07 season.

he was better than kobe the year kobe averaged 35 ppg

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Because Lakers sucked badly and Kobe was hogging big time. The year Kobe got the award CP3 was robbed bigtime as well. And LeBron deserved more than Kobe in 2005 as well with his insane all round stats (and he wasn't averaging a ridiculous 28 FGA a game like Kobe).

pedrofan45
01-10-2011, 03:07 PM
LeBron should have won every MVP award from the 04-05 season up to now, aside from the 06-07 season.

As much as I hate both, I realize that Lebron is and has been the best in the NBA for some time now. He hasn't won anything yet but he will. He's still young. He's made terrible decisions and he's a **** imo. He still should be the MVP every year.

boozdawg
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM
As much as I hate both, I realize that Lebron is and has been the best in the NBA for some time now. He hasn't won anything yet but he will. He's still young. He's made terrible decisions and he's a **** imo. He still should be the MVP every year.

Agreed. As a bulls fan, I really dislike him. There is no denying that he is the best player in the league and BY FAR the most talented.

LeBron has been better than Kobe in most facets of the game since his second or third season in the NBA.

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Agreed. As a bulls fan, I really dislike him. There is no denying that he is the best player in the league and BY FAR the most talented.

LeBron has been better than Kobe in most facets of the game since his second or third season in the NBA.

Thank you being honest. A rare classy bulls fan.

Sactown
01-10-2011, 05:10 PM
***k it, we're gonna need a table for six. That was CP3's year.

We'll just build a fort with blankets and chairs for protection.. 6 man fort

kobe24>lebron23
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
People r making this a lebron vs kobe thread lol
All I know is at the end of the day Kobe will be known as the better player of the two...quote me on that

Hawkeye15
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM
All I know is at the end of the day Kobe will be known as the better player of the two...quote me on that

okie dokie

CHANGO
01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Lol

kjoke
01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
nah brah you tripping big time cuz. kobes aint that good no mo, brotha could nt do nouting when he wes guh he shount had wun arny wards home boi

ManRam
01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Wow...some intelligent posting, and less LeBron hate than the norm.

I don't know if I think Kobe deserved it in 05-06...he was amazing, and he was probably the best player in the league, but his team was a 7 seed. I do not think he deserved it when he won it, but there have been far worse winners.

It is weird...he will go down as a top 15 player in everyone's opinion; top 10 or even top 5 in others', but he is only going to have one MVP. Good thing I think people are getting over the significance of MVP awards, and it won't ever become a negative thing for him....because it shouldn't be.

ManRam
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Hmm...with your user name I would have never guessed you would take that stance.

We will see about that...you very well could be right, but I think LeBron has a lot more left to say.

blastmasta26
01-10-2011, 06:39 PM

The MVP award has become something I personally don't care about. I get that some think Nash winning it was a message that basketball team play, and fundamentals should be back, but 2??????? How did Nash win 2 MVP's?

Kobe should have won it that year, and not the year he did win it. So he would still have 1 if things shook out the way I think they should have
I completely share those sentiments. The year Kobe got it, I was much more impressed by Paul's play and the way he carried his team, similar to how Kobe carried his the year he deserved the MVP. And Nash getting 2 MVPs was also a huge surprise to me.

Geargo Wallace
01-10-2011, 06:39 PM
We'll just build a fort with blankets and chairs for protection.. 6 man fort

I'll bring out the Winnebago cuz there's a 7th man here.

kayface
01-10-2011, 06:56 PM

not saying Kobe doesnt deserve to have an MVP, because he most definitely does.. just making the same comparison that you did to prove the point that sometimes things dont always turn out the way they should

Bruno
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Wow...some intelligent posting, and less LeBron hate than the norm.

I don't know if I think Kobe deserved it in 05-06...he was amazing, and he was probably the best player in the league, but his team was a 7 seed. I do not think he deserved it when he won it, but there have been far worse winners.

It is weird...he will go down as a top 15 player in everyone's opinion; top 10 or even top 5 in others', but he is only going to have one MVP. Good thing I think people are getting over the significance of MVP awards, and it won't ever become a negative thing for him....because it shouldn't be.

Aman, ManRam.

It just seems like an especially arbitrary award. I'll be the first person to admit that Paul probably should have won MVP in 2007. But I mean common man, are we really gona sit here and say Kobe Bryant shouldn't have an MVP? (I know you're not, but just speaking broadly) Kobes MVP was more of a career accomplishment, pat on the back. Karl Malones MVPs? His first one should have gone to MJ, and his second to Duncan. Just my opinion. I think it use to mean more in the distant past than it has over the past 11-12 years.

The problem with the award is that there are too many variables. Teams gotta win, and the individual player has to be amazing. It creates this cluster**** of in, outs, and what-have-yous.

Sactown
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I'll bring out the Winnebago cuz there's a 7th man here.

Sounds like we're building an army!

ragee
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Aman, ManRam.

It just seems like an especially arbitrary award. I'll be the first person to admit that Paul probably should have won MVP in 2007. But I mean common man, are we really gona sit here and say Kobe Bryant shouldn't have an MVP? (I know you're not, but just speaking broadly) Kobes MVP was more of a career accomplishment, pat on the back. Karl Malones MVPs? His first one should have gone to MJ, and his second to Duncan. Just my opinion. I think it use to mean more in the distant past than it has over the past 11-12 years.

The problem with the award is that there are too many variables. Teams gotta win, and the individual player has to be amazing. It creates this cluster**** of in, outs, and what-have-yous.

A lot of people are saying he shouldn't have won the MVP the year he got it but I people don't think he doesn't deserve one.... I agree on the apt on the back thing... I think that is the reason he got it but was that fair to Paul? I think the reason why Kobe only has one MVP even though he can arguably be the best player of the decade were because of circumstances.... He was playing with Shaq when the Lakers were really dominating... Then Nash came and revitalized the Suns... After that Dirk ad his team to a rare 67-15 record... Then when the Lakers are dominating again, Lebron happened...

king4day
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Nash didn't have Amar'e and led a bunch of new pieces to a solid season and division title. Diaw was an unknown at the time also. Nash dserved it.

BrahCake954
01-10-2011, 09:16 PM

srs? LMAO

he aint winning no MVP this year.. he didnt deserve it then either :facepalm: get off his dick

LeMarcus
01-10-2011, 10:34 PM

It's quite clear people are making cases for other players other than Lebron and Kobe.

Btw. What other seasons do you feel Kobe got robbed?

I also agree CP3 truly deserved that year Kobe won.

Crackadalic
01-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Idk being finals MVP seem more important IMO then regular season MVP. To many things have to happen to become MVP but at least in the championship round the best player of the series gets it

Avenged
01-10-2011, 10:51 PM
He deserved it, but the winner was also playing at a high level and was on a winning team.

MVP awards are rewarded to players on winning teams, so you can't be mad at that as long as they remain consistent with it.

As for all the CP3 deserved it over Kobe, perhaps.. But even with that, was Kobe really that undeserving? I don't think so. The MVP race was as tight as ever that year, coming down to the last games of the season. Whoever ended up with the best record that year would win the MVP award. The Hornets were like 1 game back? It was close, but both players deserved it.

John Walls Era
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Kobe deserved it that year. Not the year he won it though. But they had to give it to him, since it was the right thing to do according to the public.

kobe24>lebron23
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
srs? LMAO

he aint winning no MVP this year.. he didnt deserve it then either :facepalm: get off his dick

Who r u a Miami bandwagon fan I mean u joined this month... I ain't on his dick I'm just saying what he did that year was just amazing I mean anything Nash did Kobe did 10x better... And for those who say lebron deserved it that yer too with 31-7-7 really well did he score 81 points 62 in 3 qtrs or 10+ 50 point games? No kobes year was just spectacular... For people saying he deserves zero is just sad really the best player for almost the whole decade not deserving of 1??

yshNYK
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
love Kobe, but he's def. not getting it this year

LeMarcus
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Undeserving? Not at all, we all know how Kobe always performs at a high level.

07-08 only being CP3's third year in the NBA and achieving what he did with that NO team was truly amazing.
Don't get me wrong, it was not an all garbage team, but I truly dont see CP3 having a more deserving MVP season than that year.

kobe24>lebron23
01-10-2011, 11:14 PM
love Kobe, but he's def. not getting it this year

How do u know that what if the lakers finish the season strong from here on out what if they finish the season at 62-20 with the best or 2nd best record in the league and Kobe averages 27-5-5? Those r MVP type numbers and he has the record to go with it... I do think he has a better shot then lebron or wade though since both are on the same team

Chronz
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Dirk deserved it that year

Bruno
01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Dirk deserved it that year

I don't think the voters were willing to give Dirk the nod considering what happened to his team against Miami, and because he already had one, even if worthy. Stupid, but you know that stuff enters the heads of the writers and media personnel who vote.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Honestly, its not that big a deal.

Chronz
01-11-2011, 01:33 AM
I don't think the voters were willing to give Dirk the nod considering what happened to his team against Miami, and because he already had one, even if worthy. Stupid, but you know that stuff enters the heads of the writers and media personnel who vote.
Wrong year, this was the year Dirk went to the Finals. And they gave him the MVP AFTER what happened to Miami.

What prevented Dirk from winning it that year was the belief he couldnt take his team to the Finals/beyond Duncan. Ironically the year he won it was when he couldnt even get past R.1. Voters are idiots.

Sadds The Gr8
01-11-2011, 01:35 AM
people don't know that MVP = best player on best team yet? do some of you people live under a rock?

spartanbear
01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Thank you being honest. A rare classy bulls fan.

Ouch! That stings. I'm consider myself a classy Bulls fan and I too have nothing ridiculous to say about Lebron James the basketball player. However I do have my reservation about Lebron James the guy. For starters I found "The Decision" distasteful (not his decision per se). I think he's the absolute best player in the League and even with another superstar by his side in Wade and an extremely good third option in Bosh he's still the best player on the Heat. On the court lbj's no one's robin and I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't get strong MVP considerations this year (if not win the award outright).

ragee
01-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Wrong year, this was the year Dirk went to the Finals. And they gave him the MVP AFTER what happened to Miami.

What prevented Dirk from winning it that year was the belief he couldnt take his team to the Finals/beyond Duncan. Ironically the year he won it was when he couldnt even get past R.1. Voters are idiots.

:clap: Yeah! Dirk should have won two MVPs not Nash!

Chronz
01-11-2011, 05:07 AM
people don't know that MVP = best player on best team yet? do some of you people live under a rock?
Nash wasnt on the best team

:clap: Yeah! Dirk should have won two MVPs not Nash!
No Nash should have won it the year Dirk did, Shaq should have won it in 05

DudeItsZoltan
01-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Let's do that "Where are they now?" for the 05-06 Lakers...

Sasha Vujacic-on the bench in New Jersey
Von Wafer-journeyman on the bench in Boston
Smush Parker-last seen in China
Devin Green-last seen in Belgium
Aaron McKie-currently an assistant coach
Jim Jackson-06 season was his last in the league, journeyman who played for 12 teams
Laron Profit-disappeared after tearing his achilles that year
Luke Walton-buried on current Lakers bench; has inherited his daddy's back problems
Devean George-last played for the Warriors
Lamar Odom-current Lakers 6th man
Brian Cook-buried on the Clippers bench
Slava Medvedenko-last played in 07 for Atlanta
Kwame Brown-currently in Charlotte; was main piece in Pau Gasol blockbuster and has never lived up to #1 overall draft status
Ronny Turiaf-recovered from open-heart surgery, currently playing for the Knicks
Chris Mihm-actually played in 18 games during the 08-09 season
Andrew Bynum-starting Lakers center; was a rookie who played sparingly in 06

Aside from Odom, the Lakers had nothing on their roster. Without Kobe, this team wins 10-15 games, and instead they win 45 games, make the playoffs and run out to a 3-1 lead on Phoenix. Kobe has the second highest scoring game in the HISTORY of the NBA, and outscores an entire professional NBA team for 36 minutes by himself. Kobe was INSANE that year, and if there is ever a year that an MVP goes against the status-quo of "best player on best team" it should have been this year. The NBA was in the middle of trying to expand their borders and having a white Canadien and white German MVP in Nash and Nowitzki was supposed to show people that you don't have to be black and be able to dunk to succeed in the NBA. (I'm not trying to be racist!) Therefore Kobe and LeBron got screwed during those years.

Kobe did not deserve MVP in 2008. Chris Paul did.

ragee
01-11-2011, 09:24 AM

How can Nash win it on the year Dirk did when Dirk led the team to a 67-25 record?

AIRMAR72
01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Yes. Crazy as it is to say but yes.

i agree...BUT tobe i MEANT kobe deserve NOTHING!! CP3 and bron and dirk were clearly the better ballers that yr

ragee
01-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Jim Jackson-06 season was his last in the league, journeyman who played for 12 teams
Luke Walton-buried on current Lakers bench; has inherited his daddy's back problems
Kwame Brown-currently in Charlotte; was main piece in Pau Gasol blockbuster and has never lived up to #1 overall draft status
Ronny Turiaf-recovered from open-heart surgery, currently playing for the Knicks

Aside from Odom, the Lakers had nothing on their roster. Without Kobe, this team wins 10-15 games, and instead they win 45 games, make the playoffs and run out to a 3-1 lead on Phoenix. Kobe has the second highest scoring game in the HISTORY of the NBA, and outscores an entire professional NBA team for 36 minutes by himself. Kobe was INSANE that year, and if there is ever a year that an MVP goes against the status-quo of "best player on best team" it should have been this year. The NBA was in the middle of trying to expand their borders and having a white Canadien and white German MVP in Nash and Nowitzki was supposed to show people that you don't have to be black and be able to dunk to succeed in the NBA. (I'm not trying to be racist!) Therefore Kobe and LeBron got screwed during those years.

I'll let the others defend Nash... I just want to focus on Dirk... How was Lebron or Kobe got screwed by Dirk when he got the MVP?

AIRMAR72
01-11-2011, 12:39 PM

IF TOBE i meant kobe was great like you guys on here like to think and type he shouldve gotten further with that squad,2-3 MVP in is career great players make average players look good im sure wade and bron wouldve done better with the same group sadly kobe is actualy not a great player hes very good and gets more oppertunity but hes not as great like his fans ON THIS FORM like to promote thats why kobe has 1MVP AFTER PLAYING 11YRs NIKE thought the same of kobe thats they waited so many yrs before they put is name on there product

ragee
01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
IF TOBE i meant kobe was great like you guys on here like to think and type he shouldve gotten further with that squad,2-3 MVP in is career great players make average players look good im sure wade and bron wouldve done better with the same group sadly kobe is actualy not a great player hes very good and gets more oppertunity but hes not as great like his fans ON THIS FORM like to promote thats why kobe has 1MVP AFTER PLAYING 11YRs NIKE thought the same of kobe thats they waited so many yrs before they put is name on there product

I personally don't like Kobe... I lived in LA for a couple of years but really hated the Lakers because of him... However, to deny that he has been one hell of player during his 11 years in the NBA is just completely absurd... Like I said before, the reason why he only has one MVP award is not because he is less of a player but because of other circumstances... I doubt Lebron or Wade could have beaten the Suns if they were to be put on Kobe's shoes...

AIRMAR72
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
A lot of people are saying he shouldn't have won the MVP the year he got it but I people don't think he doesn't deserve one.... I agree on the apt on the back thing... I think that is the reason he got it but was that fair to Paul? I think the reason why Kobe only has one MVP even though he can arguably be the best player of the decade were because of circumstances.... He was playing with Shaq when the Lakers were really dominating... Then Nash came and revitalized the Suns... After that Dirk ad his team to a rare 67-15 record... Then when the Lakers are dominating again, Lebron happened...
DUDE IF put wade or bron in a time machine take them to that era on laker playing along with shaq they wouldve least won a MVP OR 2 PLAYING WITH SHAQ BASE ON THE TYPE OF skill,WILL,EFFORT and IQ BOTH BRON AND WADE have compare to tobe.... kobe is not great thats why or he wouldve won a MVP regardless of shaq being on the team

AIRMAR72
01-11-2011, 12:57 PM

ahmen

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Make room for me!

Chronz
01-11-2011, 01:45 PM
How can Nash win it on the year Dirk did when Dirk led the team to a 67-25 record?
Obviously because I put more thought into MVP than just his teams record.

Hawkeye15
01-11-2011, 01:51 PM

Let me retort with this- LeBron has led the Cavs (who are projected to win around 17 games) to two straight 60+ win seasons and past round 1 in the playoffs both years.

We all know Kobe had garbage on his roster outside Odom. But my point is, what Kobe did was a tough thing to do, but its been done the last 2 years as well, at an even better rate by a better player.

I think Kobe had a great year with his 35-5-5. But I personally think Kobe may not deserve an MVP. At no single time did he have the best individual season in the NBA, or be that player who had nothing that still had a dominant regular season team. While this sounds harsh to say that arguably the best overall player of our generation may not deserve a single season MVP, its also a testament to how incredibly long and consistent his prime has been.

Besides, I think Kobe, and Laker fans, should be more concerned with his finals MVP's. Those are far more important than some regular season award

Avenged
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
DUDE IF put wade or bron in a time machine take them to that era on laker playing along with shaq they wouldve least won a MVP OR 2 PLAYING WITH SHAQ BASE ON THE TYPE OF skill,WILL,EFFORT and IQ BOTH BRON AND WADE have compare to tobe.... kobe is not great thats why or he wouldve won a MVP regardless of shaq being on the team

Nah, Shaq was just on another level at the time and was already established as the most dominant big man in the game. Kobe was just a rising star, he was barely making a name for himself during the 3peat years. If you put Kobe of 05-10', then I would agree with the point you're trying to get across since Kobe is now a superstar and one of the elites.

thesparky33
01-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I always have thought that Kobe was the 05-06 MVP. Generally, I hate how MVP voting is decided. I hate the notion that the player's team has to be one of the best in the league to even have consideration, and Kobe's 05-06 season proved that.

In terms of historically, when people look back and remember the 05-06 season, what player will stand out the most? For me it will be Kobe, hands down. He was the face of that season, especially with 81 and 63, and not to mention 35 per game.

ragee
01-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Obviously because I put more thought into MVP than just his teams record.

Put more thoughts on what? Statistics? They both put up some great stats... Sure, Dirk was averaging less than before but that was because he was passing more... Isn't team record an important part of determining who to give the MVP award to?

kobe24>lebron23
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I personally don't like Kobe... I lived in LA for a couple of years but really hated the Lakers because of him... However, to deny that he has been one hell of player during his 11 years in the NBA is just completely absurd... Like I said before, the reason why he only has one MVP award is not because he is less of a player but because of other circumstances... I doubt Lebron or Wade could have beaten the Suns if they were to be put on Kobe's shoes...

Your last statement baffles me no way lebron or wade would have beaten the suns especially since they were barely in the league 2 years

Edit:
Never mind I read your post wrong lol

kobe24>lebron23
01-11-2011, 08:08 PM

Hahaha you are the stupidest poster ever... Lol u really r dumb... Kobe will go down as a top 5 player of all-time ...no way they would have gotten an MVP especially with a prime shaq not lebron atleast cuz the paint would be taken... Wade slight chance but Kobe is 2x the player wade was in his prime

What?
01-11-2011, 09:55 PM

No Nowitski had just as good of a year and talent wise Nashs team> Nowitskis team

Nowitski lead the league in 06-07 in both WS and PER along with the best team record. Nash had a great year but Nowitski's was better

What?
01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Kobe shouldn't have won in 05-06 because his team didn't win enough its an untold fact that a player on a 5th seed or lower WILL NEVER win MVP no matter the circumstances.

Kobe also shouldn't have won in 07-08 Chris Paul without a doubt had the better season in 07-08 (one of the best ever by a pg) and even if he didn't win then Lebron should have won. Kobe is an amazing player top 15 all time so I know it sounds crazy to say but Kobe should never have won a MVP.

If theirs something to look back at its how in the world did Shaq not win in 00-01 or 97-98