PDA

View Full Version : This article is hilarious.

furmat60
01-10-2011, 12:47 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=greenberg_jon&id=6006808

Canada26
01-10-2011, 01:10 AM
What a joke.....like did the Seahawks just barely squeak by the the Panthers this weekend or something?

Its all good, fly low and hit em high. I really like how everyone is overlooking the Seahawks. Makes it that much sweeter!

furmat60
01-10-2011, 01:12 AM
What a joke.....like did the Seahawks just barely squeak by the the Panthers this weekend or something?

Its all good, fly low and hit em high. I really like how everyone is overlooking the Seahawks. Makes it that much sweeter!

I know right. It's fine though.......just like our 2005 season. Except we were 7-9 instead of 11-5 lol.

NateyB24
01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
I hope they do underestimate us.

furmat60
01-10-2011, 01:20 AM
I hope they do underestimate us.

No doubt they're going to.

djbaseball21
01-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Them underestimating us is one of the best things we can hope for. Think the Saints underestimated us? What happened to them. Honestly, the Bears are no Saints. I am pretty confident about this game. It will be tough, but I think that we can stop their offense. As long as we put up 24+ points, I think this is our game. It will be tough indeed, but I think our young guys have all the confidence in the world. And honestly, I think we want it more. We sure showed that last Saturday. I am so pumped for this game!

BUD Bleachers
01-10-2011, 01:31 AM

You don't underestimate a team that beat you during the regular season.

You punch them in the mouth.

Simple.

furmat60
01-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Them underestimating us is one of the best things we can hope for. Think the Saints underestimated us? What happened to them. Honestly, the Bears are no Saints. I am pretty confident about this game. It will be tough, but I think that we can stop their offense. As long as we put up 24+ points, I think this is our game. It will be tough indeed, but I think our young guys have all the confidence in the world. And honestly, I think we want it more. We sure showed that last Saturday. I am so pumped for this game!

**** YES! :clap:

JB0B0
01-10-2011, 01:56 AM
I don't see how the bears will underestimate you guys after already LOSING to you at HOME. If anything, we should be the ones questioning ourselves, but then again you can say that we've gotten a lot better since then. Only time will tell and may the better team see the NFC championship...

Tam13i
01-10-2011, 02:02 AM
I know right. It's fine though.......just like our 2005 season. Except we were 7-9 instead of 11-5 lol.

we were actually 13-3 in 2005 (maybe 14-2 if we had played the final game against green bay with our starters)

furmat60
01-10-2011, 02:31 AM
we were actually 13-3 in 2005 (maybe 14-2 if we had played the final game against green bay with our starters)

You are right, my bad. I was thinking of a different season. Thanks for correcting me.

Baller1
01-10-2011, 02:32 AM
I don't know why everyone is so surprised? Seattle has never (and will never) gotten any respect. It's no biggie at this point.

furmat60
01-10-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't know why everyone is so surprised? Seattle has never (and will never) gotten any respect. It's no biggie at this point.

Yeah, I've gotten used to it. It just makes it that much sweeter when we beat other teams :D

shen
01-10-2011, 02:56 AM
I still can't figure why Steelers where favored in 05. We had best team in league and they had rookie QB. Refs have admitted they boned Seahawks in that game. So not like can say people got it right by picking them.

Oh well, when you are the underdog and win then get to brag about people losing to you. When you are favorite and lose well then it's a lot worse then being under dog and losing, just ask the Saints.

furmat60
01-10-2011, 02:59 AM
I still can't figure why Steelers where favored in 05. We had best team in league and they had rookie QB. Refs have admitted they boned Seahawks in that game. So not like can say people got it right by picking them.

Oh well, when you are the underdog and win then get to brag about people losing to you. When you are favorite and lose well then it's a lot worse then being under dog and losing, just ask the Saints.

Same situation as you wrestling a girl. If you don't, you just backed away from a girl and it makes you look like a *****. If you do wrestle her and beat her, then you beat a girl.....and you're still a *****. If you wrestle her and lose, you just lost to a girl........and your still a *****.

theSPECIALKID
01-10-2011, 03:12 AM

The Bears are not gonna underestimate the Seahawks. Maybe the media and fans are, but the actual players hell no. You don't beat the defending super bowl champs, and underestimate that team regardless of their record.

furmat60
01-10-2011, 03:14 AM
The Bears are not gonna underestimate the Seahawks. Maybe the media and fans are, but the actual players hell no. You don't beat the defending super bowl champs, and underestimate that team regardless of their record.

I totally agree. However, the majority of the Bears fans (like you pointed out) are underestimating us. Big time.

FWBrodie
01-10-2011, 03:22 AM
Underdoggin it up, not givin a ****...

Jay Cutler is a deadman.

redwhitenblue
01-10-2011, 08:31 AM
I totally agree. However, the majority of the Bears fans (like you pointed out) are underestimating us. Big time.
It's going both ways, because a lot of Seahawks fans are underrating the Bears too.

Schadie001
01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Underestimate...blah blah. If we are going to win this game we are going to need another huge game. Cutler and the Bears no doubt have gotten better and worked some things out, but we have too. Keys to this game will be running the ball, pressuring Cutler, and keeping drives alive. We are and should be the underdogs, but I think if we play like we have the past couple games we can pull this one off.

crzyhawk
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I agree with some of the things in the article. Can we win this game? Absolutely, but Matt CANNOT turn the ball over. We have to bait Cutler into doing it. If we score quick, we might be able to make Martz get pass happy and neutralize Forte.

If Cutler throws, he may throw picks.

If Green Bay can beat Atlanta and we can take care of business in Chicago, the NFC Championship game will be played at Qwest. Might be a long and unlikely road, but it's possible...but we have to beat the Bears. I hope we show up and play some solid D, and Matt keeps from turning the ball over. We turn it over against the Bears and it will be a short game.

Baller1
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
It's the turnover game once again. Whichever team can win the turnover battle is going to win, and if it's even then the game will be close just like the NO one.

hoggin88
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree with some of the things in the article. Can we win this game? Absolutely, but Matt CANNOT turn the ball over. We have to bait Cutler into doing it. If we score quick, we might be able to make Martz get pass happy and neutralize Forte.

If Cutler throws, he may throw picks.

If Green Bay can beat Atlanta and we can take care of business in Chicago, the NFC Championship game will be played at Qwest. Might be a long and unlikely road, but it's possible...but we have to beat the Bears. I hope we show up and play some solid D, and Matt keeps from turning the ball over. We turn it over against the Bears and it will be a short game.

The bold is a good point. If you guys go up by 10 early in the game I don't trust Martz to stick with a smart game plan. There have been times where he just keeps trying to dig himself out of a hole by going strictly to the pass game. I just hope the defense doesn't drag their heels for some reason on the first couple drives. I doubt they will forget their game faces out of the gate, but you never know.

House
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
The bold is a good point. If you guys go up by 10 early in the game I don't trust Martz to stick with a smart game plan. There have been times where he just keeps trying to dig himself out of a hole by going strictly to the pass game. I just hope the defense doesn't drag their heels for some reason on the first couple drives. I doubt they will forget their game faces out of the gate, but you never know.

That is Matt Hasselbeck's Kryptonite... If he can maintain composure like this past game, it'll be an interesting game!

seasun62
01-10-2011, 02:56 PM

I know their fans are. I lived in Chicago for several years and every one of them is talking about how the Hawks won't be able to run on them and their pass rush will take Hasselbeck out of the game (if not by injury, then by eliminating his effectiveness). I expect a pick six from the Hawks on this one...#29 anyone?