PDA

View Full Version : Could the Heat be the New Cavs in the regular season and Post season this year?

D Roses Bulls
01-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Now let me state before people wanna call me a hater. I saw this Question being asked to Ric Bucher Friday, and I thought it was very Interesting. So I wanted to ask what you guys thought. I came up with the title cause when I read this question, it reminded me of the cavs the last two years, very good in the regular season and not so good in the playoffs.

Patrick (Dallas)

How real are the Heat as far as the playoffs go? I am sold on them as a regular season team but I am not sure they are constructed to be great come playoffs. They are still lacking an inside presence and defensively they will have to consistently stop the East's elite teams(Boston, Orlando, Chicago) your thoughts...

Ric Bucher
(1:13 PM)
I'm with you. A friend who has a couple of championship rings said to me the other day that the Heat are setting themselves up for failure, playing a style that will rack up regular-season wins but doesn't really prepare them for the postseason. I know that's a hard thing for Miami fans to hear (and some to grasp) and I don't have the time here to go into all the particulars as to why that's true. Maybe, if a few other teams fall apart due to injury, the Heat will be the first to win a championship playing a style no one has won a championship with before. But I wouldn't bet on it.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36300

dnewguy
01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Lmao.

kjoke
01-10-2011, 12:00 AM
what is wrong with this heat team?

are they a good defense team? Yes
are they unselfish? Yes
do they have superstars? Yes
can they play and beat anyone?Yes

theres no reason to think the heat cant win it all

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 12:02 AM

are they unselfish? Yes

look man, right now I've been impressed and like I said, I didn't make this thread to knock the heat. I just thought it was a very good question.

JordansBulls
01-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Now let me state before people wanna call me a hater. I saw this Question being asked to Ric Bucher Friday, and I thought it was very Interesting. So I wanted to ask what you guys thought. I came up with the title cause when I read this question, it reminded me of the cavs the last two years, very good in the regular season and not so good in the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36300

No, just by the fact that Wade is a proven winner and can get it done on the highest level.

Sadds The Gr8
how are we supposed to know:confused: :shrug:

kjoke
this makes no sense esp bucher saying
d I don't have the time here to go into all the particulars as to why that's true. Maybe, if a few other teams fall apart due to injury, the Heat will be the first to win a championship playing a style no one has won a championship with before. But I wouldn't bet on it.

he offers no insight on the 'style miami plays' or why they will fail

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 12:04 AM
how are we supposed to know:confused: :shrug:

your not, your suppose to just give your opinion :)

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 12:06 AM
No, just by the fact that Wade is a proven winner and can get it done on the highest level.

yes he is. and if they make the finals and win it, he will be the finals MVP again cause he knows how to take over in the playoffs.

daleja424
01-10-2011, 12:13 AM
look man, right now I've been impressed and like I said, I didn't make this thread to knock the heat. I just thought it was a very good question.

BS. This thread was made for exactly that purpose and you know it.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 12:16 AM
BS. This thread was made for exactly that purpose and you know it.

oh come on...... don't be baby bout it. then just close the thread then if you feel that way. it really wasn't to knock the heat, but you obviously know my intentions better then I do.

stawka
01-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Why does this guy still have an account?

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Why does this guy still have an account?

dude, will you please stop stawking me.

RZZZA
01-10-2011, 12:22 AM
do the heat have weaknesses? Yes, they do, they're not a perfect team.

MrfadeawayJB
01-10-2011, 12:23 AM
The Cavs didnt have two perrenial all stars along with arguably the best player in the league LeBron James....the supporting cast might even be better in miami...but the frontcourt i only see hurting them against Boston or LA (assuming bynum is on track) because orlando has no depth at C any more and Howard will get in foul trouble against a team like miami

Public Enemy #1
01-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Well, they can't become the Cavs because they didn't have as much talent as the Heat do now. It was just Lebron in Cleveland, now he has Wade and Bosh. As for winning in the playoffs, they will struggle will teams like Boston and Orlando because they are limited in the frontcourt. But talent wise, they have the best player, 3-4 best player, and a top 15 player in the league. lol So they make it up with talent. Guess we will find out in like 4 months if they can win in the playoffs.

_KB24_
01-10-2011, 12:26 AM

are they unselfish? Yes

Last years Cavs:

are they unselfish? Yes

:rolleyes:

It's a legitimate question. The Heat still lack a formidable front-court that can hang with the best in a playoff series. Boston and Orlando will run over team in the paint.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, they can't become the Cavs because they didn't have as much talent as the Heat do now. It was just Lebron in Cleveland, now he has Wade and Bosh. As for winning in the playoffs, they will struggle will teams like Boston and Orlando because they are limited in the frontcourt. But talent wise, they have the best player, 3-4 best player, and a top 15 player in the league. lol So they make it up with talent. Guess we will find out in like 4 months if they can win in the playoffs.

I know that, I'm just saying figuratively since the bucher is saying he thinks they will be a great regular season team and fail in the playoffs, like the cavs did the last two years.

blams
01-10-2011, 12:29 AM
No, they are great

uptownfan
01-10-2011, 12:48 AM
There's a difference between teams who flourished in the regular season but lost in the playoffs and the Miami Heat.

Those teams didn't have LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

If the Heat can force their opponents to play an uptempo game like they have, they will do well in the playoffs.

marlinsfan24
01-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Last years Cavs:

are they unselfish? Yes

It's a legitimate question. The Heat still lack a formidable front-court that can hang with the best in a playoff series. Boston and Orlando will run over team in the paint.

Who were these "superstars"? By my count they had one, Lebron James.

I have a legitimate question too, are the Lakers really better then the Mavs or Spurs?

sargon21
01-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Last years Cavs:

are they unselfish? Yes

They'll have trouble with Chicago's frontcourt as well with Booz/Noah. But, as of right now, Orlando got a bit weaker in that part of the game with their recent trade, but I expect them to make a trade for a big man before the deadline.

HeatVsHate
01-10-2011, 01:16 AM

I have a legitimate question too, are the Lakers really better then the Mavs or Spurs?

Very good Question, should you make a thread? (nah, don't bother bro) let them hate.

Last years Cavs:

are they unselfish? Yes

Let me ask another question, in relation to this thread topic, please answer this question without bias or hate, looking beyond that stupid thing lebron did with the 1 hour summer special.

-- Which team would you pick to play in the playoffs the 2009 Cavs or the 2010 Heat?

There you go, thank you.

lilboytwister99
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM
I think the Heat's weakness is a big presence on the inside. Sure they got Big Z, but he's not so much defensive. I'll say it right now, there's two teams the Heat are gonna have hell with in the playoffs, that's the Magic, and the Celtics. While I think they can take the Magic, I'm not sure about the Celtics (being that the team is healthy).

But then again, there's also the question of if the Heat can stay healthy. I mean it could happen to anybody at anytime. Hell the Rockets lost Yao (no surprise there) yet again, and now they are heading towards a major shakeup.

Only time will tell.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM
do the heat have weaknesses? Yes, they do, they're not a perfect team.
Sure. Every team has a weakness. No team is perfect.

Gibby23
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM
They could be the Bulls before and after MJ.... o Rings...... But, they will get 1 before the Bulls sniff one.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Last years Cavs:

are they unselfish? Yes

Orlando's front court isn't running over anybody. Hate to break to you. BTW Cleveland had 1 superstar and a bunch of role players, they didn't have anywhere near the talent the Heat has now.

You mention Miami's weaknesses, what about Boston and Orlando's weaknesses?

1) Boston's age, lack of athleticism, and lack of speed.

2) Orlando has only one center, and their perimeter D is laughable. They rely on the three too much as well.

Every team has strengths and weaknesses and the key is to enfroce your strengths enough to outway your weaknesses. That's how you win in the playoffs. Cleveland's only strength was LeBron James and it made their offense predictable.

what54!?
01-10-2011, 01:32 AM
are you kidding me?

Lebron james had no help in the playoffs when he got doubled and tripled teamed. the celtics had him contained and had no one else step up. Your telling me D wade (another superstar) and chris bosh ( an all-star) aren't a difference maker?

The heat have weaknesses but every team has weaknesses that teams can exploit

Gambeezy
01-10-2011, 01:35 AM
WAY too soon to tell let alone speculate with threads like this.

The Cavs built that reputation for themselves over the course of many underwhelming play-off runs. Your asking this question just 39 games into the Heat's first season.

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 01:35 AM
I didn't make this thread to knock the heat

:bs:

I remember you used to make threads after threads to bash the HEAT and LeBron (I was just a reader of PSD at that time). You took some time off and now you are starting again.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 01:38 AM
are you kidding me?

Lebron james had no help in the playoffs when he got doubled and tripled teamed. the celtics had him contained and had no one else step up. Your telling me D wade (another superstar) and chris bosh ( an all-star) aren't a difference maker?

The heat have weaknesses but every team has weaknesses that teams can exploit

dude, figuratively....... read the actual question. the question isnt saying are the cavs last year just as talented as the heat this year. its asking if they are going to have the same fate this year. not the in the future, THIS YEAR!

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 01:39 AM
why does this guy still have an account?

this.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 01:40 AM
:bs:

I remember you used to make threads after threads to bash the HEAT and LeBron (I was just a reader of PSD at that time). You took some time off and now you are starting again.

ok daleja...... and if you were a reader back then you would know i dont dislike the heat, i dislike lebron. all you do is hate on bullsfans and come in with no argument. oh and your little sig is wrong, you didnt take into consideration how much the stadiums hold, doesnt mean they sold out. :facepalm:

what54!?
01-10-2011, 01:43 AM
dude, figuratively....... read the actual question. the question isnt saying are the cavs last year just as talented as the heat this year. its asking if they are going to have the same fate this year. not the in the future, THIS YEAR!I did read. I don't see why the heat can't reach the finals. Orlando is great but Dwiht doesn't scare me as much as he probably should. He's improved on offense but not enough to dominate a game. The celtics are the most tougest team but the heat have shown they can win close out games. If lebron and wade get to the line the C's bigs are in trouble.

I'm not saying the heat are gonna be the C's or magic but I don't see how they couldn't

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 01:43 AM

NO. The HEAT simply DECIMATED the Lakers who apparently have the best front court in the league. Now what? "Lakers didn't want to win that game" BS?

ElMarroAfamado
01-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Bro....dont waste your energy right now. Great Thread. but just wait until they get eliminated to bring this thread backup....put it in your favorites or something so me, you and everyone else that knows what your questioning is a fact....we will all post in here and laugh when it happens

blueplanet
I know that, I'm just saying figuratively since the bucher is saying he thinks they will be a great regular season team and fail in the playoffs, like the cavs did the last two years.

Did the cavs have Wade and Bosh? Why is that so hard to realize (unless you are still hurt)?

thekmp211

:eyebrow:

if the heat fail, it'll be for very different reasons than cleveland.

D Roses Bulls
NO. The HEAT simply DECIMATED the Lakers who apparently have the best front court in the league. Now what? "Lakers didn't want to win that game" BS?

It's the regular season. that doesn't mean anything except what seed you get in the playoffs. :facepalm:

is this DNEWGUYS little brother?

ElMarroAfamado
01-10-2011, 01:46 AM
and yes they will probably make it to the 2nd round...but will not even sniff the NBA Finals...

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Did the cavs have Wade and Bosh? Why is that so hard to realize (unless you are still hurt)?

yeah I'm hurt we didn't get wade. with your sig man, it shows you have no idea wtf your even talking about.

NYK_kidd77
01-10-2011, 01:50 AM
I doubt that this team as much more talent lol.

thekmp211
01-10-2011, 01:50 AM
and yes they will probably make it to the 2nd round...but will not even sniff the NBA Finals...

do you own a crystal ball or something?

farren.louis
01-10-2011, 01:53 AM
There good, but JUMP SHOTs don't win titles as we all no in the playoffs the game becomes a half court style game.. that doesnt work in the heats favor so yeah i think their the 2nd cavs

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 01:54 AM
It's the regular season. that doesn't mean anything except what seed you get in the playoffs. :facepalm:

is this DNEWGUYS little brother?

You mean the Lakers did not try to win? What a knucklehead!! You apparently spend 20 hours a day to figure out ways of bashing the HEAT. Tell me how is this a legit question? How are these two teams common? These are two very different teams and Miami has two of the best players on the planet and another top 10-15 player. Did Cleveland have anything of Bosh's caliber? Wade's caliber? The same question might be asked for any team. Stop hating. It's time to get over with last summer.

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 01:59 AM
yeah I'm hurt we didn't get wade. with your sig man, it shows you have no idea wtf your even talking about.

WTF are you talking about? More people come to the arena to watch the HEAT at home and on the road than any other team. Stop hating.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Whats the point of this thread?

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Whats the point of this thread?

The same point of every other thread this guy made about HEAT and LeBron.

Jonathan2323
01-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Ric Bucher known HEAT hater and Rose nut hugger.

Hoopsadvocate
01-10-2011, 02:10 AM
If he don't make like 2 heat hate thread a week during the offseason we might take his threads a little more serious. But this is a pretty dumb question were nothin like the cavs except for having 2 players thy had nothing else we play uptempo they didn't they ran isos all day we share the ball. They had 1 main option on offense we have 3. Were a better defensive team also. I have yet to see a point of how we could be like the cavs which makes u think this I just another d rose bulls hate thread no substanc to back up a claim just trying to start a fire...

Knicks21
01-10-2011, 02:12 AM
You mean the Lakers did not try to win? What a knucklehead!! You apparently spend 20 hours a day to figure out ways of bashing the HEAT. Tell me how is this a legit question? How are these two teams common? These are two very different teams and Miami has two of the best players on the planet and another top 10-15 player. Did Cleveland have anything of Bosh's caliber? Wade's caliber? The same question might be asked for any team. Stop hating. It's time to get over with last summer.

Just chill. It is a valid question.

RZZZA
01-10-2011, 02:14 AM
I hate posts or threads where people try to predict the future or are asked to predict the future.

The only real valid part of this thread is to say that the Heat have flaws, which is true, they have flaws.

MJ-BULLS
01-10-2011, 02:16 AM
the post season hasn't even started.

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Just chill. It is a valid question.

HOW? Tell me how. Do you know Wade? Do you know Bosh? Do you know HEAT culture? Were they with the Cavs last year? This thread only shows disrespect to Wade and Bosh. It completely disregard the presence of arguably the greatest nba final's performer ever who's in his prime.

uprightciti
01-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Sources reported late this evening who gives a fck let's play some ball you millianair beeyoches

Hawkeye15
01-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Nope. The current Heat have so much more talent on the high end, its not even comparable. LeBron never had Wade and Bosh as his teammates, and vice versa. This team is nothing like the Cavs. The Heat have at least 2 players who are beast in the playoffs, and the elite of the elite, and the best 3rd option I can think of.

Its only a matter of time before the Heat are winning ringS.

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 02:35 AM
Nope. The current Heat have so much more talent on the high end, its not even comparable. LeBron never had Wade and Bosh as his teammates, and vice versa. This team is nothing like the Cavs. The Heat have at least 2 players who are beast in the playoffs, and the elite of the elite, and the best 3rd option I can think of.

Thank you! There is reason why people put you, Chronz, ManRam, and tredigs on the same sentence :)

Stuckey#3
01-10-2011, 02:40 AM
They can and will be... they do not have the size or range to make it past the second round of the playoffs. No way they get past Boston or Orlando. Right now they are all about the flash and thrills of the regular season. You need a true PG and C to win championships.

Stuckey#3
01-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Unless Stern makes a call and talks to the refs.

Bring The Heat
01-10-2011, 02:42 AM

lmao wow bro you are a serious hater.... Do you have anything good to say about the Heat?

Bring The Heat
01-10-2011, 02:43 AM

This guy right here knows what he's talking about... Everyone else who disagrees is an idiot period and just a hater and jealous they don't have 2 of the best players in the world and a top 10 pf on their team.

Byronicle
01-10-2011, 02:54 AM
this thread is pretty pointless

the answer is no. 3 superstars whereas the cavs only had 1

LeBitteNoir
01-10-2011, 02:58 AM

Miami hasn't lost in 43 days, they're 30-9, they're playing quite impressively and you think this is a "very good question"? Seriously? :facepalm:

Stuckey#3
01-10-2011, 03:00 AM
They do not resemble them at all... but I think they will reach the same fate.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 03:19 AM
WTF are you talking about? More people come to the arena to watch the HEAT at home and on the road than any other team. Stop hating.

are you really that uneducated? when people talk about their attendance, they are talking about their home attendance. and the link you've got is for 2011 where they have played 2 games at home. someone ban this guy. it was so bad your organization had to make a fan up video. :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Miami hasn't lost in 43 days, they're 30-9, they're playing quite impressively and you think this is a "very good question"? Seriously? :facepalm:

what does that have to do with the playoffs?

Bruno
01-10-2011, 03:23 AM
I voted no. Bosh aside, having Wade on the team makes it distinctly and intrinsically different than the team in Cleveland. James could be mediocre for half a series and the Heat could still win if Wade and Bosh brought their A games.

We saw what happened to the Cavs when LeBron looked mortal, they lost.

Knicks21
01-10-2011, 03:27 AM
HOW? Tell me how. Do you know Wade? Do you know Bosh? Do you know HEAT culture? Were they with the Cavs last year? This thread only shows disrespect to Wade and Bosh. It completely disregard the presence of arguably the greatest nba final's performer ever who's in his prime.

Hes just gathering opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. Stop being so defensive. For the record i voted no.

Bruno
01-10-2011, 03:37 AM

After watching them this season, it seems pretty obvious that it will happen soon, it's just a matter of how many they win, and if they become one of the great dynasties. With the two best and most proven teams in the league aging, it seems inevitable that the Heat will start racking up rings. But when?

Regarding your comment on Bosh, I'd agree. From a Laker fans perspective, the Lakers can only win if Bynum is healthy, and a dominant post presence both offensively and defensively. He has to be the best 3rd option for the Lakers to win. If the Heat and Lakers match up in the finals, the Lakers have to dominate the low paint, and that's more in Bynums hands than it is Gasols. If Kobe tries to beat the Heat alone with out maximizing his teammates, the Lakers lose in six at best. If Bynum and Pau are able to control the paint and stay out of foul trouble, it'll be a different story.

It might be premature, but Bynum is looking good. He dominated the Knicks tonight before getting ejected.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 03:41 AM

I don't usually take the time to write to explain myself, I let my record speak for its self and even though I NEVER said I agreed with this I will still tell you how its a perfectly good question. First of all, how is bosh a superstar? please explain that to me? he had quite a bit of talent on the raptors last year and couldn't even make the ****ing playoffs and the year before that as well in a weak east. there are 2 superstars and 1 all star on that team.

second, if you want to say the regular season is so important fine, they lost twice to the celtics and so far they have split with a not so good magic team at the beginning of the year, but guess what? the magic are better then they were the last two times miami played them. and you talk about disrespecting bosh, wade, and lebron and throwing a fit like a 7 year old? how bout respect the last two defending conference champions in the magic and celtics. overall those two teams top to bottom are more talented then miami is.

Third, who else does miami have besides those 3? if lebron or wade get hurt, they are screwed when it comes playoff time. they need both wade and lebron playing good to win. you know that team is not deep, and you really think 3 players are gonna be enough to beat the celtics in a 7 game series?

and don't give me that crap, about the cavs, cause im sure you were one of many riding their nuts last year talkin bout how they are gonna win it all and the year before that. they ended up finishing first both years with the best record in the NBA, but how did they do playoff time?

and as ric bucher said, with their style of play, they would have to overcome history to win with the way they play.

so again, learn what you are even talkin about before you try and call out anyone, cause you gave no facts, and no reasonable argument to make anyone take you seriously.

Don't worry little man, the heat will eventually win rings, but for them to do it this year, they would have to overcome something called a lack of depth and history.

thekmp211
01-10-2011, 04:21 AM
I don't usually take the time to write to explain myself, I let my record speak for its self and even though I NEVER said I agreed with this I will still tell you how its a perfectly good question. First of all, how is bosh a superstar? please explain that to me? he had quite a bit of talent on the raptors last year and couldn't even make the ****ing playoffs and the year before that as well in a weak east. there are 2 superstars and 1 all star on that team.

second, if you want to say the regular season is so important fine, they lost twice to the celtics and so far they have split with a not so good magic team at the beginning of the year, but guess what? the magic are better then they were the last two times miami played them. and you talk about disrespecting bosh, wade, and lebron and throwing a fit like a 7 year old? how bout respect the last two defending conference champions in the magic and celtics. overall those two teams top to bottom are more talented then miami is.

Third, who else does miami have besides those 3? if lebron or wade get hurt, they are screwed when it comes playoff time. they need both wade and lebron playing good to win. you know that team is not deep, and you really think 3 players are gonna be enough to beat the celtics in a 7 game series?

and don't give me that crap, about the cavs, cause im sure you were one of many riding their nuts last year talkin bout how they are gonna win it all and the year before that. they ended up finishing first both years with the best record in the NBA, but how did they do playoff time?

and as ric bucher said, with their style of play, they would have to overcome history to win with the way they play.

so again, learn what you are even talkin about before you try and call out anyone, cause you gave no facts, and no reasonable argument to make anyone take you seriously.

Don't worry little man, the heat will eventually win rings, but for them to do it this year, they would have to overcome something called a lack of depth and history.

everyone understands the weaknesses of the team. whats being debated is whether or not this would make them "the New Cavs" as you decided to put it. the answer is no, because this team is far more talented than cleveland ever was. if they fall apart, it will be because, as you have mentioned, they lack depth and inside play.

if i recall correctly, the cavaliers lost in the playoffs because they lacked talent at every position besides lebron.

so, the similarities would end at "playoff exits earlier than pundits anticipated". does that make the heat the next mavericks? suns? magic? i don't hear those comparisons being thrown around.

yes the cavs of last year and the heat of this year both feature lebron james, probably as the best player on both teams. but the rest of both teams are very different, and thats where the lebron/heat bashing comes in.

LA_Raiders
01-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Yes, they wont beat the beaners or the magic

stawka
01-10-2011, 04:44 AM
dude, will you please stop stawking me.

Yeah man, awesome! How old are you again? 15? 16?

"This thread isn't to bash the Heat, but I ****in hate Wade, LeBron and Bosh -- I ****ing hate Miami. What do you guys think? Again, I didn't make this thread to bash the Heat"

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah man, awesome! How old are you again? 15? 16?

"This thread isn't to bash the Heat, but I ****in hate Wade, LeBron and Bosh -- I ****ing hate Miami. What do you guys think? Again, I didn't make this thread to bash the Heat"

I actually don't hide my age in my profile like many do on here. go check it out

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 05:03 AM
everyone understands the weaknesses of the team. whats being debated is whether or not this would make them "the New Cavs" as you decided to put it. the answer is no, because this team is far more talented than cleveland ever was. if they fall apart, it will be because, as you have mentioned, they lack depth and inside play.

if i recall correctly, the cavaliers lost in the playoffs because they lacked talent at every position besides lebron.

so, the similarities would end at "playoff exits earlier than pundits anticipated". does that make the heat the next mavericks? suns? magic? i don't hear those comparisons being thrown around.

yes the cavs of last year and the heat of this year both feature lebron james, probably as the best player on both teams. but the rest of both teams are very different, and thats where the lebron/heat bashing comes in.

and I understand that and I side tracked cause he wanted me to give them reasons why they couldn't win.

I know they do not have the same talent as the cavs, I know the cavs didnt have wade and bosh to go along with lebron, but you also gotta understand what bucher is talking about and that the cavs like the heat at the beginning were favored to win the whole thing. now im not saying they won't win it, but like the cavs, the heat probably will finish with the best record or 2nd best record in the NBA. now are they hyped up like the cavs were the last two years? yeah pretty much, even more so. all I was aking was this year will they be like the cavs in the sense of having a good record but being a disappointment in the playoffs which a lot of people do not get that for some reason. which with their style of play and lack of players outside of lebron,wade, and bosh, is possible. I was only asking what others thought and of course some people start crying like that blueplanet guy or whatever his name is. I was never comparing them to the cavs, I was just asking if you think they could have the same outcome and lose in the playoffs after having such a good regular season record.

zo#33
01-10-2011, 05:06 AM
are you really that uneducated? when people talk about their attendance, they are talking about their home attendance. and the link you've got is for 2011 where they have played 2 games at home. someone ban this guy. it was so bad your organization had to make a fan up video. :facepalm:

Its for the 2011 season. If you could read you can see it says 19 games

blueplanet
01-10-2011, 06:01 AM

WOW!!! Are you serious? It clearly said it was for 19 games. You are calling me uneducated when you miserably failed to read the number of games? Do you understand the link? More people SPEND money on HEAT games at HOME and on the ROAD to watch the HEAT than any other team. That's what this link means. Stop complaining. We won 21 out of our 22 games. Enjoy some HEAT instead! Won't feel that hurt if you do so!

WOW!! I cannot believe I am talking to this clueless punk.

Here's what goes for you---

1. Tell me when did Cleveland have 2 superstars and one all star. If NEVER that then how does this thread make sense?

2. This thread is a disrespect to Wade. Wade, Bosh and 11 other players were not part of that Cleveland team. So what Cleveland did last year has absolutely to do with this team. It's not a team built around one player like Cleveland was. LeBron is not the undercover coach in Miami like he was in cleveland. Cleveland didn't have Pat Riley to make LeBron or his teammates accountable. Wade is a proven winner and he's staged arguably the greatest final's performance ever and he is in his prime and one of the best closers of the game now. Did Cleveland have this guy? Did Cleveland have a third option to compare with Bosh?

3. If Kobe or Gasol is hurt, If Rondo or Pierce is hurt, If Dwight howard is hurt, If Dirk is hurt, If Duncan is hurt...WTF is you point again? How the **** do you come with this hypothetical **** when this could happen to anyone? It's like "what if the bulls don't exists tomorrow?" See how that make you look like an elementary school kid or a crybaby?

4. What makes you think Miami would do what the cavs did in the playoffs? What does this team have to do with that team? Are you ****ing out of your mind? Again re-read 1 and 2 above.

5. Haha...People take me seriously? Please go back and read all the posts what people said about you. You my friend are a genuine punk. You looked like a but-hurt dumbass throughout the entire thread. Go back, read, and hit the bed for elementary school tomorrow.

dodie53
01-10-2011, 06:39 AM
what is miami's exact style of play?

WatWoudJordanDo
01-10-2011, 07:04 AM
WOW!!! Are you serious? It clearly said it was for 19 games. You are calling me uneducated when you miserably failed to read the number of games? Do you understand the link? More people SPEND money on HEAT games at HOME and on the ROAD to watch the HEAT than any other team. That's what this link means. Stop complaining. We won 21 out of our 22 games. Enjoy some HEAT instead! Won't feel that hurt if you do so!

actually if u look at the avg...bulls are #1 at home with the heat #5 with a approximate 1500 lead. on the road the heat are #1 with an approximate 800 lead over the bulls at #4. and overall the bulls are #1 averaging about 600 more people per game. yes thats 600 people that spend more on the bulls rather than the heat every game, on average at least...now before u jump on me u should realize the reason people jump on u and prompt u to boast about ur attendance is because it took the forming of this "superteam" for u guys to get out of 11th the 2 previous years when teams like the pistons and bulls were both in the top 3 with far inferior teams then what u have now...deal with the good and bad and ur fanbase wont be as disrespected on a regular basis

as for the thread itself, no they cant be the cavs. but thats not to say they cant suffer the same fate as them...which is very plausible based on how they are constructed

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Its for the 2011 season. If you could read you can see it says 19 games

really? today is the 10th. so they have played 19 games in 2011? so what, they play one in the morning and one in the evening? :facepalm: obviously ESPN made a mistake. they have not played 19 games in the 2011 calender year. they have played 6.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:11 AM

WOW!! I cannot believe I am talking to this clueless punk.

Here's what goes for you---

1. Tell me when did Cleveland have 2 superstars and one all star. If NEVER that then how does this thread make sense?

2. This thread is a disrespect to Wade. Wade, Bosh and 11 other players were not part of that Cleveland team. So what Cleveland did last year has absolutely to do with this team. It's not a team built around one player like Cleveland was. LeBron is not the undercover coach in Miami like he was in cleveland. Cleveland didn't have Pat Riley to make LeBron or his teammates accountable. Wade is a proven winner and he's staged arguably the greatest final's performance ever and he is in his prime and one of the best closers of the game now. Did Cleveland have this guy? Did Cleveland have a third option to compare with Bosh?

3. If Kobe or Gasol is hurt, If Rondo or Pierce is hurt, If Dwight howard is hurt, If Dirk is hurt, If Duncan is hurt...WTF is you point again? How the **** do you come with this hypothetical **** when this could happen to anyone? It's like "what if the bulls don't exists tomorrow?" See how that make you look like an elementary school kid or a crybaby?

4. What makes you think Miami would do what the cavs did in the playoffs? What does this team have to do with that team? Are you ****ing out of your mind? Again re-read 1 and 2 above.

5. Haha...People take me seriously? Please go back and read all the posts what people said about you. You my friend are a genuine punk. You looked like a but-hurt dumbass throughout the entire thread. Go back, read, and hit the bed for elementary school tomorrow.

so they have played 19 games in 10 days since january 1st? :facepalm: and I dont care about away attendance. I'm only talkin bout home attendance anyways cause honestly you average more fans on the road then you do at home even though your arena is one of the biggest in the NBA.

and as for the rest of what you said..... you asked me how they could lose and I was giving you reasons. you never actually asked me what I thought they were gonna do. you know what they say about people that assume.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 08:13 AM
You guys seriously need to learn how to read the thread title. D Roses Bulls is asking a pretty legit question since the Cavs were doing the same thing the last two years. However, the source of the answer to this is directly from the talent level of both teams. Therefore, the answer for me is no. First of all, LeBron had chokers as teammates. Secondly, he had a coach who had no idea what he was doing on the offensive end, and never had the guts to tell LeBron "no, we're going to do this way", instead giving in to everything LeBron says. I've said this from day one, that if the best they could do to get LeBron help was Mo Williams, 34-year old Antawn Jamison, and old Shaq, then there was no way they are getting past Orlando, or Boston. That's the difference. LeBron now has a proven winner alongside him in Dwyane Wade, and the best third option in the league in Chris Bosh. I like LeBron's chances more now if you ask me.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:15 AM
actually if u look at the avg...bulls are #1 at home with the heat #5 with a approximate 1500 lead. on the road the heat are #1 with an approximate 800 lead over the bulls at #4. and overall the bulls are #1 averaging about 600 more people per game. yes thats 600 people that spend more on the bulls rather than the heat every game, on average at least...now before u jump on me u should realize the reason people jump on u and prompt u to boast about ur attendance is because it took the forming of this "superteam" for u guys to get out of 11th the 2 previous years when teams like the pistons and bulls were both in the top 3 with far inferior teams then what u have now...deal with the good and bad and ur fanbase wont be as disrespected on a regular basis

as for the thread itself, no they cant be the cavs. but thats not to say they cant suffer the same fate as them...which is very plausible based on how they are constructed

exactly, no one is saying they are the cavs, the question is do you think they will suffer the same fate, good in the regular season this year and a let down in the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
01-10-2011, 08:18 AM
You guys seriously need to learn how to read the thread title. D Roses Bulls is asking a pretty legit question since the Cavs were doing the same thing the last two years. However, the source of the answer to this is directly from the talent level of both teams. Therefore, the answer for me is no. First of all, LeBron had chokers as teammates. Secondly, he had a coach who had no idea what he was doing on the offensive end, and never had the guts to tell LeBron "no, we're going to do this way", instead giving in to everything LeBron says. I've said this from day one, that if the best they could do to get LeBron help was Mo Williams, 34-year old Antawn Jamison, and old Shaq, then there was no way they are getting past Orlando, or Boston. That's the difference. LeBron now has a proven winner alongside him in Dwyane Wade, and the best third option in the league in Chris Bosh. I like LeBron's chances more now if you ask me.

thank you :clap::clap: the first heat fan to actually READ the question. anyways off to work. hopefully by the time I get home, people would have learned from you stebo :)

Flash3
01-10-2011, 09:06 AM

its alright for some reason i believe you. It's interesting but i guess we have to prove some guys wrong now.

ignorance=bliss
01-10-2011, 09:26 AM
I already said this would happen. Then this summer I will get to hear 101 excuses as to why The Bron couldn't get it done with 2 ok players. lol.

Then next summer I'll hear, "well he didn't have a good enough team."

It's the circle of The Bron.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Every year there's 5 or 6 top teams, but only 1 of them will win the crown. So doesn't that mean that basically every year there are 4 or 5 of the "old Cavs" teams as this thread suggests?

Stupid if you ask me, can be applied to any team winning 55+ but not winning a title, doesn't have to be just the Heat.

stawka
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
I already said this would happen. Then this summer I will get to hear 101 excuses as to why The Bron couldn't get it done with 2 ok players. lol.

Then next summer I'll hear, "well he didn't have a good enough team."

It's the circle of The Bron.

The irony in your username and your post. Awesome

anjoe29
01-10-2011, 10:39 AM
they will fail THIS year but eventually get a ring 1 to 3 but not 7 rings... :eyebrow:

John Walls Era
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Team that has 2 top 5 players... thats the history of the Lakers.

John Walls Era
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
they will fail THIS year but eventually get a ring 1 to 3 but not 7 rings... :eyebrow:

Apparently you can see into the future.

Fmaranesi
01-10-2011, 10:50 AM
How are they like the Cavs??? Because Lebron is on the team?

The heat have Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade to back up Lebron, the cavs had anderson and mo williams.

You're seeing what kind of team the cavs really are without their "king".....what is it losers of their last 20 of 21 games?

Take Lebron off the Heat and they will still be playoff contenders heck they would be in the top 4-5 of the east without Lebron.

DitchDat
01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
The Miami heat are actually two teams. They are the Cavs when LeBron is on the floor with four role players, and then they are a Miami team featuring D-Wade and Bosh. Sure, they start the game with James, Wade and Bosh, but they are basically two different teams. Zydrunas, Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard and Erick Dampier aren't going to get it done in the playoffs, when the game slows down and you have to win in the trenches.

anjoe29
01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Apparently you can see into the future.

just sharing my opinion.. no hard feeling man:)

kdspurman
01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
IMHO, i still think their bench is very suspect. it takes more than 3 guys to win a 7 game series against the NBA's best.

ATX
01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Every year there's 5 or 6 top teams, but only 1 of them will win the crown. So doesn't that mean that basically every year there are 4 or 5 of the "old Cavs" teams as this thread suggests?

Stupid if you ask me, can be applied to any team winning 55+ but not winning a title, doesn't have to be just the Heat.

This^

ATX
01-10-2011, 12:42 PM
So the question is "Are the Heat setting themselves up for failure in the playoffs?" So if by winning during the regular season and aiming for the #1 overall seed in the NBA is a bad thing, then yes. Since when is getting the the number one seed a bad thing? Miami, of all contending teams probably need the top seed the most, due to the team as constructed having the least amount of playoff experience together. Due to our lack of depth in our front court, any advantage will help, especially home court...Though Miami has certainly shown it can win on the road. 13 straight and counting...

ElMarroAfamado
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
This^

NO. The Heat are like the Cavs because Heat fans swear the Heat are going to win the title (like Cavs fans the past couple years) no on elses fanbase is boasts it to such a cocky extent....i dont hear BUlls fans saying they are going to win a title, Hawks, Fans, Nuggets Fans, Blazers fans, NO. No other fans do it but the Heat fans they are the ones who swear just because they are dominating in the regular season they will win the title (like the they should the Cavs would.) Look ARound.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 03:08 PM
NO. The Heat are like the Cavs because Heat fans swear the Heat are going to win the title (like Cavs fans the past couple years) no on elses fanbase is boasts it to such a cocky extent....i dont hear BUlls fans saying they are going to win a title, Hawks, Fans, Nuggets Fans, Blazers fans, NO. No other fans do it but the Heat fans they are the ones who swear just because they are dominating in the regular season they will win the title (like the they should the Cavs would.) Look ARound.
I'm not one of them, I'll tell you that much. They don't speak for me.

ATX
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM

We'll see...

Say's the guy with the crystal ball as his sig. LBJ didn't have DWade or Bosh on those Cavs teams. This is completely different.