PDA

View Full Version : Agent: Billups wants buyout if traded to Nets

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6002679

Chauncey Billups does not want to be a member of the New Jersey Nets if they are able to acquire Carmelo Anthony.

Billups made it known Saturday to the Denver Nuggets, his agent said.

"If he is traded, he'd want to be bought out to he could survey the landscape and re-evaluate what he wants to do going forward," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com in the wake of numerous reports the Nets had engaged the Pistons in three-way trade talks with the aim of bringing Anthony, Billups and Richard Hamilton to New Jersey.

As reported by ESPN.com's Marc Stein, the talks between Denver, New Jersey and Detroit have not progressed to the point where anything is close to being finished, and ESPN.com's Chris Broussard has reported that the deal, as currently constructed, is not amenable to the Pistons.

Nor would it be to Billups.

"We've had numerous conversations with the Nuggets -- today was the latest, but we've had conversations throughout the entire season -- where we've made it clear that Chauncey wants to remain a Nugget for the duration of his career, and then after his career is over he wants to move into the front office," Miller said.

"Short-term and long-term, these are his goals. We made it very clear, and he'd even be willing to stay in Denver and be part of a rebuilding process," Miller said.

daleja424
01-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I would imagine we would have to take a good look at Miami... probably the only contender lacking a starting Pg..

Raps08-09 Champ
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Or he can go to LA with another clutch Mofo.

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
I would imagine we would have to take a good look at Miami... probably the only contender lacking a starting Pg..

If he goes to the Heat, I might stop watching the NBA this season ;)

daleja424
01-08-2011, 09:29 PM
The Lakers have two quality starters at the PG position though... combined with some early season struggles... I would imagine that the HEAT would be more attractive for him...from a basketball standpoint at least

daleja424
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM

it would be a lethal fit... a shooter who can defend well at the pg spot...

would really sure up the HEATs rotation

seems really really unlikely tho... he wants to be in denver... period

llemon
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Hell, if Billups will take a $2.5 mil buyout for the 2 years on his contract, he can go.

Otherwise, he stays and suffers with the rest of us.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Chauncey would be a PERFECT fit in Miami.

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
it would be a lethal fit... a shooter who can defend well at the pg spot...

would really sure up the HEATs rotation

seems really really unlikely tho... he wants to be in denver... period

never know though. if he has a chance to get another ring, he might go to miami

daleja424
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
maybe... he would fit perfectly into what Miami needs from a starting PG...

but I just can't see him leaving Denver...

It feels like even if he gets bought out he would look to return to Denver as a FA...

dtmagnet
01-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Players in the NBA need a reality check, YOU DON"T GET TO HOLD TEAMS HOSTAGE, YOU ARE PAID PROFESSIONALS.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I think him not wanting to go to NJ hurts them a little with the Melo thing. Denver still wants Harris so the Nets would have Farmar as their starting PG...scary

pistonsfanomg
01-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I kinda already knew this wasn't going to work out

Billups already said he wants to play and end his career with either Denver or Detroit.

lkingratedr
01-08-2011, 09:58 PM
let me just state this fact... No 1 and i repeat no 1 wants to play in new jersey... when they finally move to brooklyn and scrub it up for a season get a high draft pick and some new fans then people will be more inclined to see them... the nets organization is willing to give up the farm for a player who doesnt even want to be there ... stick with harris lopez and favors develop them... harris is a former all-star brook lopes needs to rebound better but he is still good and favors needs time to develop the nets looking for a quick fix aint doing much for them

nystandup
01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
hahahaha nets keep gettin *****ed on

JonnyBrav000
01-08-2011, 10:45 PM
If this deal gets done, which I highly doubt, but eventually Melo will get dealt somewhere, and if he is dealt, I believe Billups will be too, so when this happens, I am calling it right now, I bet Billups will end up a Laker... who knows, Maybe Melo will too, would be very interesting, but I hope Melo will be a Knick sometime this year if not even better if he joins us next yr as a free agent.

faze38
01-08-2011, 11:02 PM
So all those Net fans that talked crap to the Knicks fans earlier today must feel kind of foolish right now. So I guess they can just forget all hopes of getting Melo now! Wow that is a smack in the face!! Denver might as well get ready to ship Melo to NY cause it likes like they are running out of options!

FlashMacker
01-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I just want Carmelo to get traded already. I'm tired of waiting.

kjoke
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
if buyout occur hell go to miami, lakers have a solid 2pg and minutes are gonna be a problem for him there, miami would be the perfect fit for him and the heat

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 11:22 PM
lol Bad for the Nets for two reasons. Firstly, the Nuiggets want Harris in a trade, if he leaves the Nets starter is going to be Farmer. Secondly, I'm sure Billups decision has at least some bearing on Melo.

idrinkpepsi
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
I would pay the buyout then take that contract

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I just dont get it, its not like the Nets are Melo away from contending for a championship. Why not just keep Favors, Harris, and the picks and build through the draft? it would be so much better for them in the long run.

VinceCarter
01-08-2011, 11:30 PM
I think him not wanting to go to NJ hurts them a little with the Melo thing. Denver still wants Harris so the Nets would have Farmar as their starting PG...scary

He wouldn't be the worst starting PG in the league. I can't blame you for not knowing he's actually doing a great job this season.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Well this is good news for the Nets!
If they trade for Melo then buyout Billups thats 19 million in cap space plus the other nets. Then trade Harris for someone and sign a pg in off season or vice-versa!

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 11:32 PM
He wouldn't be the worst starting PG in the league. I can't blame you for not knowing he's actually doing a great job this season.

Oh I dont think he would be the worst in the league, I just dont know how much faith I would have in him as the starter night in and night out. I have heard he has been solid this season from a couple of my friends who are Net fans.

Silent
01-08-2011, 11:35 PM
he wants to stay away from the east coast he wants to be close to home that's why he probably wants a buy out

Atownballa5
01-08-2011, 11:36 PM
yeah but billups has no say, so if hes going to jersey... well sucks for him hell learn to start to lose like everyone else

beasted86
01-08-2011, 11:37 PM

:pray:

Minimal
01-08-2011, 11:37 PM
How can he? There is a guy named Arroyo you know.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 11:40 PM
How can he? There is a guy named Arroyo you know.

+1 :laugh2:

nystandup
01-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Well this is good news for the Nets!
If they trade for Melo then buyout Billups thats 19 million in cap space plus the other nets. Then trade Harris for someone and sign a pg in off season or vice-versa!
what pg is there to sign in the offseason? the point is he wants to play with a good veteran pg, doubt Farmar cuts it.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 11:43 PM
I just dont get it, its not like the Nets are Melo away from contending for a championship. Why not just keep Favors, Harris, and the picks and build through the draft? it would be so much better for them in the long run.

Because their so fixated on making sure the Knicks dont get Melo

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Because their so fixated on making sure the Knicks dont get Melo

This.

The Nets would be in better situation if they just kept all the picks and keep developing their young players, unfortunately they gave up on T-Will.

dnewguy
01-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Billups to Miami...we'll give the Nets Arroyo, a starter on a championship contending team.

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Billups to Miami...we'll give the Nets Arroyo, a starter on a championship contending team.

Throw in Eddie House for good measure. He's an NBA champion.

GunFactor187
01-08-2011, 11:54 PM
You still have a home here in Detroit, Mr. Big Shot.

Phenomenonsense
01-08-2011, 11:54 PM

Ha!

nystandup
01-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Arroyo is prob the exception. He isnt the type of floor general needed to run a team. Did you forget they have Lebron and Wade?

MJ-BULLS
01-09-2011, 12:02 AM
hopefully Chauncey Billups remains in Denver.

DaBear
01-09-2011, 12:07 AM
It has something to do with their Russian owner.

SteBO
01-09-2011, 12:13 AM
hopefully Chauncey Billups remains in Denver.
Won't happen. He wants to win titles.

IBleedPurple
01-09-2011, 12:17 AM
What part of "Billups wants to stay in Denver" do you people not understand?

Gram
01-09-2011, 12:19 AM

No, wants to retire a Nugget.

SteBO
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Players say a lot of things during these circumstances. You're blind if you don't think he'll explore better options if/when he gets bought out.

SteBO
01-09-2011, 12:22 AM
No, wants to retire a Nugget.
I honestly think it's some kind of tactic. He could stay in Denver. I'm not leaving that out of the realm of possibility. But if the oppurtunity comes to play for a contender, he could go that direction also. Just saying.

NYsFinest
01-09-2011, 12:28 AM

And I believe him, but unfortunately for him it is starting to look like Denver is going to go into rebuilding. If thats the case, they most likely want to open up the position to Lawson, or a different younger PG. If the Nuggets don't want Billups, he will play elsewhere... just probably not New Jersey.

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 12:29 AM
maybe... he would fit perfectly into what Miami needs from a starting PG...

but I just can't see him leaving Denver...

It feels like even if he gets bought out he would look to return to Denver as a FA...

I think that's the most likely outcome. He's never made any bones about being glad to be back in Denver and wanting to stay there. But I could see how Miami could be tempting for him, too.

DoMeFavors
01-09-2011, 12:30 AM
And I believe him, but unfortunately for him it is starting to look like Denver is going to go into rebuilding. If thats the case, they most likely want to open up the position to Lawson, or a different younger PG. If the Nuggets don't want Billups, he will play elsewhere... just probably not New Jersey.

He can request a buy out and go back to nuggets on a small contract he will still get his money.

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Ever since Billups rejoined the Nuggets, and especially after they picked up Lawson, I've always envisioned him as eventually passing the torch and taking a backseat role, sliding into more of a true player-coach role, and then transitioning directly into an assistant coaching position upon retirement, staying on with them in Denver after he's finished as a player. It just feels like it would be the most natural thing in the world for him.

Even if he does chase a ring in Miami or elsewhere, though, I do hope the Nuggets have a place for him on their coaching staff after he retires.

dtmagnet
01-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Or, if he gets traded to the Nets he can shut up and play like he's paid to do...

SteBO
01-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Or, if he gets traded to the Nets he can shut up and play like he's paid to do...
This. But that's unlikely to happen.

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 12:50 AM

Yeah, because it's sooo uncommon for veteran NBA players to ask for buyouts when they get traded to destinations they don't want to play for... :rolleyes:

(For reference, see: "San Antonio Spurs", who have only done this about a zillion times...)

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Not to mention the fact that New Jersey would be agreeing to the trade with the understanding that Billups buyout is part of the agreement. It's not as if any party involved would be getting screwed over.

topdog
01-09-2011, 01:04 AM
At the end of the day, he has to play for New Jersey if he is traded.

I like Chauncey though and I kind of respect it because 1) he let his agent speak for him, 2) he's trying to get it out there that he's not interested in being superfriends in NJ 3) the guy got passed around like a dubie until he made it in Detroit and he's talking about pursuing "home" in Motown or Denver not about a title 4) I don't think he'll say anything himself (complaint-wise i.e. he'll be professional about it) and if he is traded he will show

torontosports10
01-09-2011, 01:14 AM
This is why basketball is ********, and going to a lockout.

You sign a contract, get paid millions, you go wherever the business takes you and enjoy getting paid more then 99% of people.

But no, people need to cry and ***** and sit out and refuse to play. If thats the case, you sit out, without pay, and your contract doesn't proceed until you give the team however much time remains.

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:24 AM
I dont think he ever said he wouldnt play...I think he just said he would ask for a buy out...

Oldmantrash
01-09-2011, 01:36 AM
No way the Nets make this trade if Billups doesn't go.

They won't trade Harris and not get a PG back.
Lets be real fellow Net fans,Jordan Farmar CANNOT be our starter.

I watch every Net game,and he has some talent,but not as a starting pg.

blastmasta26
01-09-2011, 01:56 AM
This is why basketball is ********, and going to a lockout.

You sign a contract, get paid millions, you go wherever the business takes you and enjoy getting paid more then 99% of people.

But no, people need to cry and ***** and sit out and refuse to play. If thats the case, you sit out, without pay, and your contract doesn't proceed until you give the team however much time remains.
Irrelevant post. Billups isn't complaining or going to sit.

xxplayerxx23
01-09-2011, 02:00 AM
This guy is another joke. You dont get the buyout. What does this do for nj, Let me see ill give you all your money so you can leave us and go somewhere else. This guy is an *******. Nets hopefully wont do the trade. ANd to the people that say nobody wants to go to nj is wrong, Money talks, If they overpay for a star and offer then anyone would go. Lets say they offered stat a 5 year 110(lets pretend they could of) you dont think he wouldnt go there. its a joke. Hope billups gets traded to sac Lol

xxplayerxx23
01-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Irrelevant post. Billups isn't complaining or going to sit.

He said if nj trades for him he wants a buy out thats not complaining?

Jemikz9Clutch
01-09-2011, 02:11 AM
pat riley will talk to billups if he goes for a buyout. :D peace dudes! lol

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Pat Riley: Carlos Arroyo is our starting PG and we are 29-9

Billups: Im getting on the plane now.

D Roses Bulls
01-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Pat Riley: Carlos Arroyo is our starting PG and we are 29-9

Billups: Im getting on the plane now.

Carlos Arroyo: but I've led this team to a 29-9 record, we don't need billups.

Lebron:STFU carlos

Bosh:STFU Carlos

wade: (slaps arroyo in the head)

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-09-2011, 03:17 AM

Lmao

When he leaves Miami he is not only not gonna start, but he wont be playing in the NBA...

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 03:22 AM
This guy is another joke. You dont get the buyout. What does this do for nj, Let me see ill give you all your money so you can leave us and go somewhere else. This guy is an *******. Nets hopefully wont do the trade. ANd to the people that say nobody wants to go to nj is wrong, Money talks, If they overpay for a star and offer then anyone would go. Lets say they offered stat a 5 year 110(lets pretend they could of) you dont think he wouldnt go there. its a joke. Hope billups gets traded to sac Lol

Uh, wow. Not even sure which smiley to use for this one.

Minimal
01-09-2011, 07:24 AM

:laugh:

xbrackattackx
01-09-2011, 11:37 AM
I love being Loyal to fans and the team this gets two thumbs way up from me.

kjoke
01-09-2011, 12:02 PM
billups on heat=orgasm

Hugbees
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
f the heat join the lakers. im not even a laker fan, i just hate the heat.

Kashmir13579
01-09-2011, 12:32 PM

this

Kashmir13579
01-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Lmao

When he leaves Miami he is not only not gonna start, but he wont be playing in the NBA...

c'mon dude he's played ALRIGHT! no Billups but he's getting the job done.

bahama0811
01-09-2011, 12:41 PM

“His position is steadfast,” said Andy Miller, Billups’ agent. “I talked to him after practice [Saturday] and he expressed those thoughts. He doesn’t want to go anywhere. Even if it were a rebuilding situation, he’d prefer to be in Denver.”

yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-billupstrade010811)

What did you not understand? He wants to stay in Denver no matter what.

SteBO
01-09-2011, 01:36 PM
yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-billupstrade010811)

What did you not understand? He wants to stay in Denver no matter what.
It's easy for him to say this now. Again, you're blind if you don't think he'd want to evaluate all his options. I apologize for saying he won't stay, since that's a silly assumption according to the article. Denver isn't out of the realm of possibility, bt you honestly don't think if he had the opportunity to play for a contender and possibly win another title, he wouldn't give it some thought? Anything can between now and then and I'm sure you know that.

greek miami hea
01-09-2011, 01:41 PM
billups on heat=orgasm

thiiiiiiiiis

bahama0811
01-09-2011, 01:45 PM
It's easy for him to say this now. Again, you're blind if you don't think he'd want to evaluate all his options. I apologize for saying he won't stay, since that's a silly assumption according to the article. Denver isn't out of the realm of possibility, bt you honestly don't think if he had the opportunity to play for a contender and possibly win another title, he wouldn't give it some thought? Anything can between now and then and I'm sure you know that.

You're right, anything can happen. He loves Denver and wants to stay here but I could see him choosing to go somewhere else. I guess it's just the fan in me hoping he'll stay and retire in Denver. He is the epitome of the type of player that you want on your team.

SteBO
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
You're right, anything can happen. He loves Denver and wants to stay here but I could see him choosing to go somewhere else. I guess it's just the fan in me hoping he'll stay and retire in Denver. He is the epitome of the type of player that you want on your team.
He can eventually get a job in front office job with the Nuggets when he's done playing. One question since you're a Denver fan, what does this whole thing say about 'Melo? Chauncey and 'Melo with Brook Lopez looks like a pretty good team, so why wouldn't he want to stay with him? It just sounds wierd to me.

bahama0811
01-09-2011, 02:05 PM
He can eventually get a job in front office job with the Nuggets when he's done playing. One question since you're a Denver fan, what does this whole thing say about 'Melo? Chauncey and 'Melo with Brook Lopez looks like a pretty good team, so why wouldn't he want to stay with him? It just sounds wierd to me.

I don't really know what it means. It's kind of surprising as well that he wouldn't want to stay with Rip. I think there are a lot of Nuggets players that are pretty sick of Melo's attitude with the organization. Maybe Chauncey just doesn't like playing with Melo.

SteBO
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't really know what it means. It's kind of surprising as well that he wouldn't want to stay with Rip. I think there are a lot of Nuggets players that are pretty sick of Melo's attitude with the organization. Maybe Chauncey just doesn't like playing with Melo.
This could end badly. Melo's been putting up decent numbers, but it has looked like he hasn't been putting much effort into it and I've seen him get visibly frustrated quickly. It's as if he doesn't care about the team. He does need some kind of attitude readjustment, that's for sure.

bahama0811
01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
This could end badly. Melo's been putting up decent numbers, but it has looked like he hasn't been putting much effort into it and I've seen him get visibly frustrated quickly. It's as if he doesn't care about the team. He does need some kind of attitude readjustment, that's for sure.

It's pretty much been that way all season with Melo. If the team gets down early he gets frustrated and he makes dumb plays. His head just isn't in it here in Denver any more.

daleja424
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
then Denver really needs to just trade the guy...

bahama0811
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
then Denver really needs to just trade the guy...

That's what I've been saying for a while. His negativity is bringing the entire organization down. It's rather frustrating as a fan to watch one guy do this to the franchise.

SteBO
01-09-2011, 02:24 PM
That's what I've been saying for a while. His negativity is bringing the entire organization down. It's rather frustrating as a fan to watch one guy do this to the franchise.
I hope this trade goes down soon. This "'MELODRAMA" annoys me to no end.

bahama0811
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
I hope this trade goes down soon. This "'MELODRAMA" annoys me to no end.

You and me both. I'm sick of it.

DitchDat
01-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't want to be on the Nets either. With everything they are presumably trading away (both players and first round picks), that roster will have zero chance of getting something done. Melo wants money and be in a big city, he doesn't want to win.

_Supreme_
01-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Why would anyone trade for Billups only to buy him out? This sounds like complete nonsense to me.

Even if it did happen, didn't the NBA make it clear during recent years in similar cases (involving "lesser" caliber players) that they don't want players getting traded only to return to their old team after being bought out immediately. Judging by that they wouldn't allow him to go back to Denver anyway.

_Supreme_
01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't want to be on the Nets either. With everything they are presumably trading away (both players and first round picks), that roster will have zero chance of getting something done. Melo wants money and be in a big city, he doesn't want to win.

I bet that if they called you tomorrow you'd immediately start running to be with them yesterday ;)

A lineup of Billups - Hamilton - Anthony - Humphries - Lopez would not be bad at all Imo.

DitchDat
01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I bet that if they called you tomorrow you'd immediately start running to be with them yesterday ;)

A lineup of Billups - Hamilton - Anthony - Humphries - Lopez would not be bad at all Imo.

Ok you got me. But still, you can't disregard that the whole Melodrama trade bonanza is fuelled by Melo who wants to get guaranteed money and play in a big city. I fully understand why Billups wouldn't want any part of that. He moved his family to Denver and he just wants to play out his contract there. Why should he get carried away? Melo is just seeking a big check and the spotlights. Billups is playing at home, and he's at the tail end of his career.

And if you seriously think that Billups+Rip+Melo+Humphries+Lopez with no bench is going to get done more than Billups+Afflalo+Melo+KMart+ Nene, you should see a doctor. The only difference is the Nets-version of Melo has more money by bullying the franchise that drafted him.

Katspinal1313
01-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Anyway you slice this it sucks for the Nuggets and Billups. You have a great player who loves, and I mean loves his team and community. But he's getting older and your looking at rebuilding, and he still has good value (he's still fantastic, and he has a favorable contract situation). I'd love to keep Billups til he can't play anymore, but its hard not to try to get some nice pieces using him. In the end its Melo's decision not to consider staying with Denver that's forcing this shake up, so maybe that has Billups a little disturbed about joining him in NJ.
Chauncey loves Denver, was raised there, went to college @CU when he could have went to any school. And I think even if he gets traded and bought out, he'd most likely return, but I could see him going to the Heat for the remainder.... that's bout the only thing that could make me cheer for those team stackers.

This NBA off season rubbed me the wrong way, like all the young athletic guys at the gym forming a team together just to mop up on older fat guys.

sintaks12
01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Are there any non-Knick fans out there that actually want to see him go to NY? It seems most of the opinions I read (again, non-Knicks fans) are all about him going to NJ. Is it because some (repeat, some) of the NY fans and media presume that most FAs want NY? It's gotten to the point that people will be OK if he jumps ship for NJ, but if he goes to NY it will be perceived as a disrespectful move... and that he'll be instantly hated. Odd. I think Melo to NY would be colossal. It would help bring hype back to the NBA, like it used to be in the 80s and 90s. Honestly, the NBA is a joke in most sport's fans eyes. At least that's the impression I get. Putting Melo on the Knicks would add another juggernaut (with a piece or two more) and would definitely make for some entertaining matchups. Ratings would go up. NY vs LA. NY vs Chi. NY vs Miami. NY vs Boston. Back in the day those were some amazing rivalries and games to watch. The NBA had a buzz then. I'm definitely on the NY-being-elite-is-good-for-the-NBA bandwagon. Of course I'm a Knick fan. Just my $.02 though.

Ollie Tabooger
01-09-2011, 06:33 PM
The Lakers have two quality starters at the PG position though... combined with some early season struggles... I would imagine that the HEAT would be more attractive for him...from a basketball standpoint at least

Off topic, but I was just wondering: Why do some heat fans always put their team name in all caps and all other teams in lower case letters? Is it because you feel all other teams are inferior to your own? I'm not really sure, and was just wondering.

Pens_fan_21
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Isn't THIS one of the huge issues with the NBA!? trade for guys and have zero control over it...its a joke and its been happening for years

thekmp211
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
well thats a problem. the nets will be terrible without billups. he would be perfect for the lakers...

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Off topic, but I was just wondering: Why do some heat fans always put their team name in all caps and all other teams in lower case letters? Is it because you feel all other teams are inferior to your own? I'm not really sure, and was just wondering.

Because thats how our logo is. Its on all caps.

And it looks cool :D

Ollie Tabooger
01-09-2011, 06:44 PM
^^ Half the nba teams have all caps logos.

NYYCowboys
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I can't say I blame Chauncey.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
^^ Half the nba teams have all caps logos.

Actually prolly more than half, but ours looks cool :cool:

Wade>You
01-09-2011, 07:34 PM
^^ Half the nba teams have all caps logos.it's the official way to spell it. Each team decides how their name is spelled. Not lying.

KnicksorBust
01-09-2011, 07:38 PM

I can't even imagine how good they'd be with you. What about his desire to enter the Nuggets front office when he retires? It'd be a much easier jump to go from Nuggets player to Nuggets front office than Miami Heat player to Nuggets Front Office.

blueplanet
01-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Billups to Miami will end any chance of other teams' winning it all. I don't see it happening but that sounds scary. The perfect fit next to Miami Thrice.

godolphins
01-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Buy him out so he can sign with the Heat

BkOriginalOne
01-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Billups wanted to finish his career in Denver, so he may want to just go back A la Antonio MCdyess when Billups came to denver in the first place.
I hope he doesn't go back to denver or the Heat (that would be real whack and Billups is more of competitor than that.

I can seem him however playing for the
Lakers (Kobe and Billups would take stress off of each other, and both are finals MVPS)
Magic (Would certainly make Howard better and can lead a team better than Nelson)
Thunder (Billups, Westbrook, Durant, Green, Ibaka - that's why)
Houston (Billups could bring that bunch together)

Bigbadmoffo
01-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm starting to dislike this sport. Nba players have to be the biggest cry babies of any sport.

dhopisthename
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Billups wanted to finish his career in Denver, so he may want to just go back A la Antonio MCdyess when Billups came to denver in the first place.
I hope he doesn't go back to denver or the Heat (that would be real whack and Billups is more of competitor than that.

Lakers (Kobe and Billups would take stress off of each other, and both are finals MVPS)
Magic (Would certainly make Howard better and can lead a team better than Nelson)

I think of they teams you listed the only that makes any sense over miami is the lakers and that is only if they decided that they were not going to let fisher start, becuase he would be the starter for the heat from day one.

CostanzaNumba0
01-09-2011, 08:58 PM
:facepalm:
The nets gotta get the **** out of jersey

DoMeFavors
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
WojYahooNBA One front office executive says Melo is "on board" with signing w/ NJ if Nets get Detroit part done. "He wants to play with Rip" source says

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM

No

SteBO
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM

No way

ElMarroAfamado
01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Chauncey is great I hope he ends up with a contender

Kakaroach
01-10-2011, 12:46 AM
If Rip and Melo end up there with him, I'm not sure why he would want to leave. Reunited with one of his best friends and if Melo signs the extension they would be a contending team for the next few years.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-10-2011, 12:49 AM
If Rip and Melo end up there with him, I'm not sure why he would want to leave. Reunited with one of his best friends and if Melo signs the extension they would be a contending team for the next few years.

Your kidding right?

Do you know how old Billups and Rip are?

G-Bay New J
01-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Your kidding right?

Do you know how old Billups and Rip are?

So? They are still good players. I think RIP will step his game up on the Nets. The Celtics and Spurs always have great teams with older players.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-10-2011, 12:58 AM
So? They are still good players. I think RIP will step his game up on the Nets. The Celtics and Spurs always have great teams with older players.

The CELTICS and the SPURS

Hamilton is on the decline and has shown it. He is no all-star, and the Nets have no bench if the trade gets done.
I don't see the Nets contending for years to come, just no.

Magic, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, Heat, and Thunder all have a MUCH better chance and even only 3 maybe 4 of those teams mentioned have a better overwhelming chance for the title.

Kakaroach
01-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Your kidding right?

Do you know how old Billups and Rip are? They are still more than capable players. When you also have Lopez and Melo, I think they could for sure be a contending team. Just get a rebounding PF and they could be up there with the big boys.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-10-2011, 01:08 AM
They are still more than capable players. When you also have Lopez and Melo, I think they could for sure be a contending team. Just get a rebounding PF and they could be up there with the big boys.

They are good players, no doubt, but the teams I mentioned above are overwhelmingly better and are "contenders".

They all got their stars. They got good front lineups, younger, and wiser core, and have great benches, something the Nets would not have.

knicksfan42
01-10-2011, 01:12 AM
They are still more than capable players. When you also have Lopez and Melo, I think they could for sure be a contending team. Just get a rebounding PF and they could be up there with the big boys.

Hamilton: turns 33 next month and is averaging his second lowest PPG average (13.5 PPG, lowest since his rookie season) and his second lowest FG%, 41%.

Billups: 34 years old; 17 PPG, 5 APG, 1 SPG, 3 TOs.

Oh and Lopez is getting 6 rebounds a game while shooting 45% from the field.

believeinNYK
01-10-2011, 02:57 AM
So much for that scenario working out....

MJ-BULLS
01-10-2011, 03:14 AM
if Chauncey Billups is traded to the New Jersey Nets I don't think he is going to want to leave. They will have a pretty solid team. Plus, he will be reunited with his old friend Rip. And he will still get to play with Carmelo Anthony.

Crackadalic
01-10-2011, 03:28 AM

I dont think ive heard of a more overrated player then lopez. Look im not saying he is a bad player but the whole top 5 center is just not true. His knock is he is not athletic at all, he doesnt pass well on double teams, he shoots a low percentage shot and he doesnt rebound the ball well which is sad.

If this trade goes down
Billups
Rip
Melo
Kris
Lopez

Melo would basically be in the same situation as denver. I dont think he will want to be the only superstar on this team

At least with the knicks the have a superstar in Amare he can depend on and a pg about to hit his prime in felton

IversonIsKrazy
01-10-2011, 03:32 AM
I think he might consider NJ if Rip gets traded there as well. Billups re-uniting with his long-time best friend Rip, while still having Melo, and a good team, why not?

He's lived in Detroit for a long-time, NJ wouldn't seem so bad

kblo247
01-10-2011, 03:39 AM
Hamilton: turns 33 next month and is averaging his second lowest PPG average (13.5 PPG, lowest since his rookie season) and his second lowest FG%, 41%.

Billups: 34 years old; 17 PPG, 5 APG, 1 SPG, 3 TOs.

Oh and Lopez is getting 6 rebounds a game while shooting 45% from the field.

They would still have La Machine in his contract year and a guy banging a Kardashian in Hump. Last 2 guys who banged one got rings and the last time Sasha played for a deal he was one of the better 6th men in the league on the youngest finals team ever. ;) (both guys have seriously played well for them)

Their top 6 would not be horrible and is good enough to make the playoffs even with the poor start. Farmar and Outlaw would have to not play like **** though to end the year and Jersey would have to add vets this summer, which isn't unlikely with a move.

- Starters: Billups, Rip, Melo, Hump, and Lopez
- Bench: Farmar, Sasha, and Outlaw (these 3 have all started a good portion of the season for them)
- Need: A cheap big

DetroitRipCity
01-10-2011, 03:46 AM
never know though. if he has a chance to get another ring, he might go to miami

nah Billups wont sell out like Lebron

Stuckey#3
01-10-2011, 03:46 AM
As a Detroit fan I know that if Chauncey plays the rest of the year out in NJ and see's potential he will stay. If Chauncey decides to sign with another team I think it will be a west coast team since he wants to be closer to home. I could see him finishing the year, getting bought out and signing with Houston or OKC.

knicks_champ
01-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Can the Heats even afford Billups?

arkanian215
01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Chauncey's hesitation to go to NJ not a factor. Billups will get full $14 mill next season from NJ. That was his main concern.http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/24476370495082496

DenButsu
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Can the Heats even afford Billups?

These are the players involved in the trade as Adrian Wojnarowski described it (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Akxb8SLkyPnaq_QTb7c4M2Y5nYcB?slug=aw-netspistonstalks010711):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=22u7zme

It computes.

arkanian215
01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
These are the players involved in the trade as Adrian Wojnarowski described it (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Akxb8SLkyPnaq_QTb7c4M2Y5nYcB?slug=aw-netspistonstalks010711):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=22u7zme

It computes.

He's missing Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter

DenButsu
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
He's missing Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter

He's not - that's my mistake. But it still works if they're included.

But all of that may be a moot point anyhow, if the latest rumors are true...

Hindy27
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
What about Harrington? surely he'd throw it out of whack, doesn't the denver FO use the trade machine?

Heater4life
01-10-2011, 11:18 AM
If Billups gets bought out (unlikely imo) I would be estatic for the Heat to go after him. He is by far, the BEST player in the NBA for what we need at PG. Solid on ball defender, has range, clutch, and a leader. I dont think a Heat fan can ask for anything more than what we have received, but the mere thought that it might be possible is mind boggling.

justinnum1
01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
No way he gets bought out, NY already said they will pick up his TO of 14mil

SteBO
01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
It's one or the other. If NJ doesn't want to sign Chauncey long term, he'll request a buyout.

Hindy27
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
It's one or the other. If NJ doesn't want to sign Chauncey long term, he'll request a buyout.
It has nothing to do with signing long term, well I haven't seen any reports about that.
He was only saying buyout because he thought the Nets wouldn't give him his $14mil TO next year, they have said they will to keep him happy and he seems ok with it.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 12:09 PM
It has nothing to do with signing long term, well I haven't seen any reports about that.
He was only saying buyout because he thought the Nets wouldn't give him his $14mil TO next year, they have said they will to keep him happy and he seems ok with it.
Yeah it does. Broussard posted it on twitter.

Hindy27
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah it does. Broussard posted it on twitter.

Where on here does it mention signing long term?
All it says is exactly what I said, he was concerned about next years $14mil.

Chauncey's hesitation to go to NJ not a factor. Billups will get full $14 mill next season from NJ. That was his main concern.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Where on here does it mention signing long term?
All it says is exactly what I said, he was concerned about next years $14mil.
He posted it after the fact.

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

Hindy27
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
He posted it after the fact.

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard
Ok, I hadn't seen that one, and I did check.
It says it's only 2mins old as well.:confused:

Either way it won't stop this deal from happening, and I'd prefer they didn't sign him long term, he's too old. Maybe 1 or 2 years at most but if he wants more than that let him go.

SteBO
01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Ok, I hadn't seen that one, and I did check.
It says it's only 2mins old as well.:confused:

Either way it won't stop this deal from happening, and I'd prefer they didn't sign him long term, he's too old. Maybe 1 or 2 years at most but if he wants more than that let him go.
Yeah, Chauncey isn't gonna hold up anything. I don't think NJ should pay him 14 million, they don't have to. I'd buy him out if i were them, although he could help lead NJ to a good playoff seed.

Chi StateOfMind
01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
LOL who wants to play in jersey now might as well finish in denver at least they have somewhat of a chance n melo aint stayin either..........NJ GET OVER UR OBSESSION WITH MELO HE DOESNT LIKE YOU

Blazers#1Fan
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
NJ needs to get Harrington,Billups,Hamilton,Melo this Team below would be a good/Complete team

Lopez
Harrington
Melo/Outlaw
Hamilton/James
Billups/Farmar

SteBO
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
NJ needs to get Harrington,Billups,Hamilton,Melo this Team below would be a good/Complete team

Lopez
Harrington
Melo/Outlaw
Hamilton/James
Billups/Farmar
You left out the back up PF/C positions

DenButsu
01-10-2011, 01:07 PM
You left out the back up PF/C positions

Might I interest you in one Renaldo Balkman? http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5306/naughty17hs.gif

Rivera
01-10-2011, 01:25 PM
i dont see much chauncey bashing here

melo doesnt want to go to nets but people **** on him and say play out your contract play where ever they trade u...stop being a prick yadda yadda ya

but if billups was traded to the nets and demanded a buyout its okay??

the irony of PSD

SteBO
01-10-2011, 01:26 PM
i dont see much chauncey bashing here

melo doesnt want to go to nets but people **** on him and say play out your contract play where ever they trade u...stop being a prick yadda yadda ya

but if billups was traded to the nets and demanded a buyout its okay??

the irony of PSD
I'm with you. I don't think it's OK for Chauncey to do this either, bt there is a chance he could stay though.

DenButsu
01-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Looking up the difference between "ask for" and "demand" in the dictionary might benefit some posters' contributions to this thread.