PDA

View Full Version : Kerber: Up to 17 Players Could Be Dealt (Melo Trade)

NewYorkJets21
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/1/8/1923071/kerber-up-to-17-players-could-be-dealt

Damnnnnnnnnnn this is gonna be a HUGEEEEE trade

Fred Kerber reports that when all is said and done, as many as 17 players from the Nets, Nuggets and Pistons could be moved. If it happens, the three-deal would be the biggest trade by far in NBA history, supplanting a 13-year player, four team deal engineered by Pat Riley in the 2003 off-season.

"The Nets, under the whopper trade which is nowhere near close to be completed, would essentially gut their current roster. At 10-26, that might not be a bad thing," writes Kerber. Earlier Saturday, Frank Isola reported that the deal could involve 12 players.

Among those who could be dealt are Johan Petro and the team's three minimum salary players: Stephen Graham, Quinton Ross and Ben Uzoh. Among the others who could traded from the Nuggets and Pistons are several whose names have already surfaced: Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman from Denver and Terrico White from Detroit, which Kerber reported earlier Saturday. Of course the main pieces remain Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Derrick Favors and "perhaps Anthony Morrow," Kerber writes.

adidas2307
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Eh. I don't really care about a potential trade. Let me know when something actually goes through.

ks32
01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
i would lol if they did this and carmelo didnt even resign with new jersey

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
he would of course have to agree to re-sign in new jersey.

pistonsfanomg
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
wtf

Not Terrico White :(

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
No way this deal happens, WAY to many moving parts. Nets will have to find another way to get this done.

ManRam
01-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I can't imagine this happening either...

maddBat
01-08-2011, 02:37 PM
i would lol if they did this and carmelo didnt even resign with new jersey

r ppl ********? how many times has it need 2 b said.. it wouldnt go down if he doesnt sign. :facepalm:

kjoke
01-08-2011, 02:38 PM
damn

SteBO
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Question: Do you guys honestly think Melo would extend with New Jersey?

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Question: Do you guys honestly think Melo would extend with New Jersey?

Why would they be talking if there was any indication that he wouldn't? King might be dumb but he isn't dumb enough to trade all those pieces for an expiring Melo.

JWO35
01-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Nets trades their starting lineup to the Pistons
Pistons trade their starting lineup to the Nuggets
Nuggets trade their starting lineup to the Nets

DEAL

NYsFinest
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Melo, rip and billups for harris, favors, morrow and 2 picks?????

Denver GM has to buy King dinner first....

adidas2307
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
r ppl ********? how many times has it need 2 b said.. it wouldnt go down if he doesnt sign. :facepalm:

Wait a minute. You're the one asking if people are ********? :rolleyes:

DeyAce
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
no way this happens but the nets must know something like melo said will sign the extension with them and thats why they going all out.

JDMVP
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
At this point the Nets (I think) don't care about Melo going there with an extension cause I think right now they just want him to get there so that they can at least try to convince him to sign with them.

Hindy27
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
no way this happens but the nets must know something like melo said will sign the extension with them and thats why they going all out.
His agent is apparently involved in the negotiations, and he has been trying to get Hamilton involved in the trade.
So I'd say if Melo wasn't going to sign with the Nets then his agent wouldn't be wasting his time trying to get more players to them. His agent would know whether or not he'd sign.

At this point the Nets (I think) don't care about Melo going there with an extension cause I think right now they just want him to get there so that they can at least try to convince him to sign with them.
They've said they won't trade for him unless he agrees to the extension, they won't gut the team and then just hope to resign him, that's insane.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
His agent is apparently involved in the negotiations, and he has been trying to get Hamilton involved in the trade.
So I'd say if Melo wasn't going to sign with the Nets then his agent wouldn't be wasting his time trying to get more players to them. His agent would know whether or not he'd sign.

They've said they won't trade for him unless he agrees to the extension, they won't gut the team and then just hope to resign him, that's insane.

What you have to understand though is that the more money Melo makes, the more money Leon Rose makes. He could be trying to get the Nets to overhaul their roster so they can convince Melo to sign there, thus making him more money.

It has been said all along that the only reason Melo would go to NJ is because he would still get his money and its a compromise to the NY lifestyle. With recent reports saying that Melo may be willing to wait till FA, Rose may have gotten a little nervous and saw millions of dollars slipping out of his hands, thus making him more eager to try and help the Nets.

That said, does anyone else find it weird that the details of this deal are so public? Usually with such complicated deals, the teams try to keep it very quiet to not disturb the balance of the deal. Seems fishy that both teams are so quick to disclose the negotiations.

tdunk21
01-08-2011, 03:10 PM
wow....but will this proposed deal make the nets a contender?

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
wow....but will this proposed deal make the nets a contender?

Isnt happening

One of the sources confirmed Yahoo! Sports' report via Twitter that the talks died when the Nets tried to extract a first-round pick from the Pistons and dump Johan Petro's $6.75 million due over the next two seasons on Detroit.

http://twitter.com/kberg_cbs

Antipod
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
You can`t even pull this kind of bogus trade in 2k, not to mention real live :D:D

GodsSon
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Sources say Denver is talking to a number of teams, but said NY, NJ, HOU, Clips, GSW, Cleveland and Tor have made offers - no deal is close.

http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA

Giaps
01-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Smokescreen?

Slimsim
01-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Nets should try to move Outlaw If anything

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Melo told Bobcats no to the public hasnt said that about Nets

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-08-2011, 03:36 PM
WoW, are you serious. LoL, doesn't Melo want to be a
Knick. Nets are very weird trading the whole team for a 1
Year rental. I honestly think he would be in a Knicks uniform.
How? ? Gotta wait n see

210Don
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
just trade him already!!!!!

NYK|NYY
01-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Why would they be talking if there was any indication that he wouldn't? King might be dumb but he isn't dumb enough to trade all those pieces for an expiring Melo.

DEN is talking to teams because they are being told that he will not resign with them. They first have to strike a deal with any team before they run it by him. The teams they are talking to atm probably have nothing to do with his preference, because if they cared about that they would only be talking to NY.

Slimsim
01-08-2011, 03:48 PM
WoW, are you serious. LoL, doesn't Melo want to be a
Knick. Nets are very weird trading the whole team for a 1
Year rental. I honestly think he would be in a Knicks uniform.
How? ? Gotta wait n see

NJ don't want the knicks to form a big 3 epically with them moving to Brooklyn.

smith&wesson
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Im not a bulls fan, but apart of me wants another super team to compete with miami and boston,

what if melo were to go to the bulls.

Drose
melo
boozer
noah

would be really nice.

and i think a rivalry would be created between miami and chicago for years to come.

the nets should really just wait to move the team first before they start gutting theyre team. melo plus a 32 year old hamilton and a 34 year old billups doesnt sound to promicing at all.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
DEN is talking to teams because they are being told that he will not resign with them. They first have to strike a deal with any team before they run it by him. The teams they are talking to atm probably have nothing to do with his preference, because if they cared about that they would only be talking to NY.

You really think the Nets would negotiate w/ the Nuggets for 3-4 months w/o knowing whether Melo would open to an extension w/ the Nets? Why wouldn't Melo's reps just tell the Nets to not waste their time just like they told MJ and the Bobcats?

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
You really think the Nets would negotiate w/ the Nuggets for 3-4 months w/o knowing whether Melo would open to an extension w/ the Nets? Why wouldn't Melo's reps just tell the Nets to not waste their time just like they told MJ and the Bobcats?

The answer you are going to get for that is NETS WON 12 GAMES LAST YEAR

DoJoTheSlasher
01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
LOL you Nets fans realize Carmelo can easily say, "Yeah, I'll re-sign with you guys." and then at the end of the year have a sudden "change of heart" and sign elsewhere?

Kakaroach
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
17 player trade(s), man that would be insane. Don't think it could go down but anything can happen.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
You people always think NJ won't make a move and if and when we do we still won't be good enough to "contend". Hating ***** ****** !

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
This situation is going to drag on until the last minute, I can feel it

njnets
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
wow...that would be insane

idk how to feel about this. chauncey and rip are up there in age. good, but will obviously not get better bc they are old and might (probably) start to regress.

understand the point of them being involved in the trade but for the long run idk how i would feel about it

and for everyone saying it would be funny if melo came to jersey and then left, you must not read. every rumor that has come up has said he must agree to the extension BEFORE the trade would go through, just like KG had to for the boston trade. not hard to understand

njnets
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
This situation is going to drag on until the last minute, I can feel it

wouldnt doubt it, i think it will happen too

Wade>You
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM
... biggest trade by far in NBA history, supplanting a 13-year player, four team deal engineered by Pat Riley in the 2003 off-season.
somewhat OT, but that was the 2005-2006 offseason, not 2003. The Heat won the title after that trade, that's the only way I remember.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Billups tweeting like its true boys

Gators123
01-08-2011, 04:41 PM
dempseypost
Nuggets G Chauncey Billups says he isn't worried about recent trade rumors. And reiterates he wants to stay in Denver.

dempseypost
Billups: It's kind of what it is. I understand the process. Everybody knows what I want. I've been very clear about that.

dempseypost
Billups: I also understand this is professional sports & it's a business. I hope that I'm here

dempseypost
Billups: But if I'm not (in Denver) I will do the best I can with whatever happens.

http://twitter.com/#!/dempseypost

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
This trade will never happen. Melo isn't gonna sign and extension with a team that no one in the NY area cares about, with the aging Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, and Brook Lopez, the worst rebounding center in basketball, as his main supporting cast. That team is an 8th or 7th seed AT BEST in the eastern conference, and won't get better as the Nets deal all of their good young players (besides Lopez), and draft picks in this deal.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 04:53 PM
This trade will never happen. Melo isn't gonna sign and extension with a team that no one in the NY area cares about, with the aging Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, and Brook Lopez, the worst rebounding center in basketball, as his main supporting cast. That team is an 8th or 7th seed AT BEST in the eastern conference, and won't get better as the Nets deal all of their good young players (besides Lopez), and draft picks in this deal.

You seem :mad:

JWO35
01-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Hamilton is creaming his pants just of the thought of him and Billups wearing the same uniform again...

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
If anyone was curious, this deal would apparently cap the Nets out meaning they would have to get creative to bring in CP3 next year.

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
You seem :mad:

Nah not really. I'm just realistic. If you were him would you go from Denver who has a much better team than the Nets would have even after the trade, to New Jersey, a team that even when they were good no one cared about, where he'd play in front of empty seats every night, with 2 past their prime aging players? OR would you rather play for a team that is already good, has another bonafide superstar in Amare Stoudemire, is the #1 team in the NY area by far, in the biggest media market, and have a shot to win multiple championships.

Pretty easy decision.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Nah not really. I'm just realistic. If you were him would you go from Denver who has a much better team than the Nets would have even after the trade, to New Jersey, a team that even when they were good no one cared about, where he'd play in front of empty seats every night, with 2 past their prime aging players? OR would you rather play for a team that is already good, has another bonafide superstar in Amare Stoudemire, is the #1 team in the NY area by far, in the biggest media market, and have a shot to win multiple championships.

Pretty easy decision.

Maybe he just doesnt want to be in Denver???
I think Melo just wants the extension and Knicks havent been agresive and havent even traded for a first round. Have fun in the 6th seed for years.

cheetos185
01-08-2011, 05:05 PM
i doubt this happens denver is only doing this so teams like chicago knicks or dallas and lakers up there offer cause thats where melo wants to be big market and winning team

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Maybe he just doesnt want to be in Denver???
I think Melo just wants the extension and Knicks havent been agresive and havent even traded for a first round. Have fun in the 6th seed for years.

By next year even without Melo we will be top 4 in the east our young players are only gonna get better. Even if the Nets do get Melo the Knicks will still be way better so have fun with that. The Nets are a joke.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:07 PM
By next year even without Melo we will be top 4 in the east our young players are only gonna get better. Even if the Nets do get Melo the Knicks will still be way better so have fun with that. The Nets are a joke.

I think everyone thinks the Knicks are a joke no picks, a 100 million dollar man on bad knees. Havent made the playoffs in years. No way Knicks are a top 4 hahahaha. Cant wait untill Melo thing is over then Knicks fans will cheer Dwight and Chris Paul and make custom jerseys of them!

cheetos185
01-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I think everyone thinks the Knicks are a joke no picks, a 100 million dollar man on bad knees. Havent made the playoffs in years. No way Knicks are a top 4 hahahaha. Cant wait untill Melo thing is over then Knicks fans will cheer Dwight and Chris Paul and make custom jerseys of them!

sad because you guys cant even do that all you will have is proky blueprint to lottery ;)

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Pretty easy decision.

Hmm. You're right. I would say New Jersey too

JDMVP
01-08-2011, 05:12 PM

If Melo is not willing to re-sign there and the Nets already know that he is not gonna re-sign then why are the nets still trying to get him. Its been what??......3 or 4 months now???It's clear the Nets just wanna get him there.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:13 PM
sad because you guys cant even do that all you will have is proky blueprint to lottery ;)

We wont have to Melo is fine!

nystandup
01-08-2011, 05:13 PM
:burn::burn:

MVP, MVP, MVP....:burn: Burn!

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:14 PM

You really don't know much about basketball I can tell. Our 100 million dollar man with bad knees is the best power forward in basketball, and a legitimate MVP candidate. We already are almost a top 4 team, what are we like 2 games out of the 4th seed right now? The teams in front of us, Boston, Orlando and Atlanta will be on the decline over the next few years so that'll put us in the top 3 with Miami, and Chicago. And even if we don't get Melo we still have cap room this summer to work out a trade or sign some free agents and add solid players, like maybe Andre Igoudala, Anderson Varejao, Kedrick Perkins, Glen Davis, etc. and make our team deep. The Nets will be stuck with no young players, no draft picks, and the 33 year old Rip Hamilton, 36 year old Chauncey Billups, Melo and Mr. Softy Lopez, and be capped out. So either way the Knicks win.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Your life is a joke. Quit hating. Only fans that seem to be upset are knicks fan(not all). So stop pouting like a little ***** and like my boy said, have fun in the 6th seed and losing in the 1st round!

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM
You really don't know much about basketball I can tell. Our 100 million dollar man with bad knees is the best power forward in basketball, and a legitimate MVP candidate. We already are almost a top 4 team, what are we like 2 games out of the 4th seed right now? The teams in front of us, Boston, Orlando and Atlanta will be on the decline over the next few years so that'll put us in the top 3 with Miami, and Chicago. And even if we don't get Melo we still have cap room this summer to work out a trade or sign some free agents and add solid players, like maybe Andre Igoudala, Anderson Varejao, Kedrick Perkins, Glen Davis, etc. and make our team deep. The Nets will be stuck with no young players, no draft picks, and the 33 year old Rip Hamilton, 36 year old Chauncey Billups, Melo and Mr. Softy Lopez, and be capped out. So either way the Knicks win.

Okay if you want to act like that Brook Lopez is the best Center in the league.

DMasta718
01-08-2011, 05:19 PM
This is hilarious.

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:20 PM

You're probably 11 so I'm gonna stop arguing with you. You haven't said one logical thing so far. :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
You're probably 11 so I'm gonna stop arguing with you. You haven't said one logical thing so far. :facepalm:

Im actually 7, and why because you cant win the debate?

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Your life is a joke. Quit hating. Only fans that seem to be upset are knicks fan(not all). So stop pouting like a little ***** and like my boy said, have fun in the 6th seed and losing in the 1st round!

I'm not mad I've been saying the whole time that I don't care because it'll never happen. No one in their right mind would want to play for the Nets when they could play for a good big market team. I don't like to agree with Lebron, but the Nets should probably be contracted because no one care about them.

valade16
01-08-2011, 05:23 PM

A legitimate case can be made for amare being the best PF in the NBA.

The only way Lopez is the best center in the league is if the league your referring to has "recreational" somewhere in the title...

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I dont see why everyone is getting so bent out of shape over a deal that has even happened

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Im actually 7, and why because you cant win the debate?

I already won the debate you haven't said one thing besides Brook Lopez is the best center in the league and that Knicks fans will make fake Dwight Howard and CP3 jerseys. You haven't even addressed what I have been saying either because your a moron, or because you have no other argument because I'm right.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm not mad I've been saying the whole time that I don't care because it'll never happen. No one in their right mind would want to play for the Nets when they could play for a good big market team. I don't like to agree with Lebron, but the Nets should probably be contracted because no one care about them.

Well a Hall of Famer resigned here and then left when they were cutting cost, oh yeah and a prime Vince Carter resigned here. No person ever wanted to go to NY. Amare went there because nobody offered him that kind of contract. Knicks struck out of Bosh, Wade, Lebron! The players they actually wanted. Amare was the backup plan.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM

kinda off topic but i think it needs to be asked. Why do you have that *****y car as your sig?

valade16
01-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Well a Hall of Famer resigned here and then left when they were cutting cost, oh yeah and a prime Vince Carter resigned here. No person ever wanted to go to NY. Amare went there because nobody offered him that kind of contract. Knicks struck out of Bosh, Wade, Lebron! The players they actually wanted. Amare was the backup plan.

Are you crazy? Lmao, EVEN THE NETS WANT TO GO TO NEW YORK!!

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 05:28 PM

With all do respect, the Nets, along with every one but Pat Riley, struck out on Bosh, Wade, and Lebron as well. The Nets then struck out on their back up plans of Rudy Gay, Carlos Boozer, and David Lee. At least the Knicks were able to complete their back up plan.

Young and Stupid
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
This is my fifth time saying this in the NBA forum, but here goes: We (Nets fans) apologize for DoMeFavors' behavior. We also apologize for any future disturbances and/or stupidity he may (and will) cause. We ask that you forgive our fan-base for producing such an unintelligent, disrespectful, biased, immature and misinformed individual. We also would like you to know that his opinion and/or mindset is not indicative of the rest of the population. Believe it or not, not all Nets fans are as (fill in the blank) as DoMeFavors is. Hopefully, we can move forward amicably and continue to restore the relationship between Nets and Knicks fans.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and any future disturbance. We ask that -- if it's not too hard -- you ignore him as to save your time as well as his. We're hopeful that if he is ignored his ignorant behavior will cease. As comical as his opinion may be, it's not fair to the rest of Nets-fans to have to be associated with him. Thank you.

NYYCowboys

Prime Vince Carter :facepalm:. The guy was way past his prime when he was on the Nets. Your hall of famer who you refer to who I'm assuming is Jason Kidd has been advising Melo on not signing an extension with the Nets because of how terrible it is to play for them. And yeah we did strike out with Lebron, but we got Amare who is one of the best players in the league this year, and he's put the team on his back and got us back into contention, unlike the Nets who are in last place in the division.

DoMeFavors
Are you crazy? Lmao, EVEN THE NETS WANT TO GO TO NEW YORK!!

What does this have to do with my post???

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
This is my fifth time saying this in the NBA forum, but here goes: We (Nets fans) apologize for DoMeFavors' behavior. We also apologize for any future disturbances and/or stupidity he may (and will) cause. We ask that you forgive our fan-base for producing such an unintelligent, disrespectful, biased, immature and misinformed individual. We also would like you to know that his opinion and/or mindset is not indicative of the rest of the population. Believe it or not, not all Nets fans are as (fill in the blank) as DoMeFavors is. Hopefully, we can move forward amicably and continue to restore the relationship between Nets and Knicks fans.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and any future disturbance. We ask that -- if it's not too hard -- that you ignore him as to save your time and his. We're hopeful that if he is ignored his ignorant behavior will cease. As comical as his opinion may be, it's not fair to the rest of Nets-fans to have to be associated with him. Thank you.

Lol it's ok I know there are realistic Net fans out there.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Ok so if no one cares for the Nets, why bother posting in thread? and how do you know who would want to play for the Nets or whether or not Melo would sign that extension? Do you personally know Melo, doubt it.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Prime Vince Carter :facepalm:. The guy was way past his prime when he was on the Nets. Your hall of famer who you refer to who I'm assuming is Jason Kidd has been advising Melo on not signing an extension with the Nets because of how terrible it is to play for them. And yeah we did strike out with Lebron, but we got Amare who is one of the best players in the league this year, and he's put the team on his back and got us back into contention, unlike the Nets who are in last place in the division.

Kidd came foward and said those reports were false. Why do you think former Knick players love when they leave the Knicks? Like Nate Robinson, Al Harrigton, Maurbury, Larry Hughes? Because its a terrible franchise to be apart of.

2006–07 New Jersey 82 82 38.1 .454 .357 .802 6.0 4.8 1.0 .4 25.2
Thats the prime of his career

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Lol it's ok I know there are realistic Net fans out there.

I just wish they would post so we could have a chance to see what their opinions on the matter are

valade16
01-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and any future disturbance. We ask that -- if it's not too hard -- you ignore him as to save your time as well as his. We're hopeful that if he is ignored his ignorant behavior will cease. As comical as his opinion may be, it's not fair to the rest of Nets-fans to have to be associated with him. Thank you.

Wow. :clap:

Thanks to you nets fans are now my most respected fan base.

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Ok so if no one cares for the Nets, why bother posting in thread? and how do you know who would want to play for the Nets or whether or not Melo would sign that extension? Do you personally know Melo, doubt it.

It's been reported by Chris Sheridan that he will only sign an extension with the Knicks.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
It's been reported by Chris Sheridan that he will only sign an extension with the Knicks.

Thats why that story has no crediblity

J_M_B
01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I can't imagine this trade going down..

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Personally I would rather keep Favors and our picks

Sixerlover
01-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Billy King being Billy King. I'm so happy he went up I-95, but didn't change his morals :laugh2:. 3-4-5 team deals are his specialty.

NYsFinest
01-08-2011, 05:47 PM
WOW Nets are insanely desperate.... Favors is the 3rd pick 30 games into his career, the pick they give up will be at worst top 5 (if they play the season out without Melo), the GSW pick can also be a lottery pick, and Harris is clearly their best player.

so they give up their best player, 3rd pick, top 5 pick (can easily be 1st or 2nd), another potential lottery pick, and their best shooter (morrow) for 2 old guys and Melo.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Billy King being Billy King. I'm so happy he went up I-95, but didn't change his morals :laugh2:. 3-4-5 team deals are his specialty.

im glad Thorn is no longer here

Sixerlover
01-08-2011, 05:48 PM
im glad Thorn is no longer here

:shrug:

Hasn't made a mistake here yet. BK is a downgrade from Thorn. You'll realize this (if you haven't already) when it comes time to resign or sign players. He is notorious for going way over market value.

NYYCowboys
01-08-2011, 05:49 PM
WOW Nets are insanely desperate.... Favors is the 3rd pick 30 games into his career, the pick they give up will be at worst top 5 (if they play the season out without Melo), the GSW pick can also be a lottery pick, and Harris is clearly their best player.

so they give up their best player, 3rd pick, top 5 pick (can easily be 1st or 2nd), another potential lottery pick, and their best shooter (morrow) for 2 old guys and Melo.

Exactly. That's why I think the Nets should just forget about Melo and just use their multitude of draft picks and young players to rebuild. This trade makes no sense for them.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree, rebuilding is the way to go. And DoMe, Thorn is one of the best and most respected GMs, not resigning him was a mistake imo.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I think this deal would be bad for the Nets...just my opinion

superabound
01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
This gets stupider every time it gets republished

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
This gets stupider every time it gets republished

One of the very few times Ill agree with a fan of Philadelphia teams :)

Chill_Will_24
01-08-2011, 06:21 PM
People need to stop being so ignorant. All we have is reports and so far most reports point to Nets being the front runners. There is NO way in hell that the Nets FO would be putting this much sustained effort into squiring Melo unless they were told he would resign with them. Melo already informed Jordan and his Bobcats that he wouldnt resign with them; so why not the do the same curtesy for the Nets? Nobody is questioning his desire to be a Knick. However this is not a "Melo gets EVERYTHING he wants" situation. He'll get his money and he'll move home. Is that not enough? He has an image to preserve and he would be almost as bad as Lebron if he held out for the Knicks and did his Nuggets such a disservice.

I'm not saying this deal will go down cuz it's probably will not. However those Knicks fans saying how he'll never resign with them cuz Newark is sucks or cuz NY is the largest market... Cmon really? We've heard your song before. I think last summer proved that today's superstars are a different breed and market size is of little relevance to them in the grand scheme of things. Nets should rebuild slowly like Minnesota and Clippers are doing. They are turning into such talented teams. I envy them.

So stop with the NJ bashing already cuz damn it's getting kinda sad!

NYsFinest
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
People need to stop being so ignorant. All we have is reports and so far most reports point to Nets being the front runners. There is NO way in hell that the Nets FO would be putting this much sustained effort into squiring Melo unless they were told he would resign with them. Melo already informed Jordan and his Bobcats that he wouldnt resign with them; so why not the do the same curtesy for the Nets? Nobody is questioning his desire to be a Knick. However this is not a "Melo gets EVERYTHING he wants" situation. He'll get his money and he'll move home. Is that not enough? He has an image to preserve and he would be almost as bad as Lebron if he held out for the Knicks and did his Nuggets such a disservice.

I'm not saying this deal will go down cuz it's probably will not. However those Knicks fans saying how he'll never resign with them cuz Newark is sucks or cuz NY is the largest market... Cmon really? We've heard your song before. I think last summer proved that today's superstars are a different breed and market size is of little relevance to them in the grand scheme of things. Nets should rebuild slowly like Minnesota and Clippers are doing. They are turning into such talented teams. I envy them.

Nets Suck :clap:

no but really, the Nets are just giving up too much for Melo and it seems like they are willing to give up everything just to put a face on the franchise... just one of the MANY moves the Nets have made the past few years that reek of desperation

NYman15
01-08-2011, 06:35 PM
http://mobile.twitter.com/spearsnbayahoo

nycericanguy
01-08-2011, 06:40 PM

You're 100% right, but you should also take a page from your own book because you are one of the more notorious Knick haters on here...but at least you admitted it...lol

What I don't really get though is why NJ fans want someone who would prefer to be elsewhere, you say stars are a different breed today and that they don't care about market size but yet you also say Melo desires NY... kind of a contradiction.

cheetos185
01-08-2011, 06:42 PM
FisolaNYDN

Andy Miller, the agent for Chauncey Billups, says his client wants to remain with Denver for the rest of his career

so much for billups rip reunion hehe

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 06:42 PM
http://mobile.twitter.com/spearsnbayahoo

Billups not wanting to go there would hurt the Nets chances.

nycericanguy
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Well he doesn't have a no trade clause so he won't have a choice. Why does NJ want to force all these players to go there though?...lol

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 06:52 PM
You're 100% right, but you should also take a page from your own book because you are one of the more notorious Knick haters on here...but at least you admitted it...lol

What I don't really get though is why NJ fans want someone who would prefer to be elsewhere, you say stars are a different breed today and that they don't care about market size but yet you also say Melo desires NY... kind of a contradiction.

Most of us actually don't. Especially with this years draft having a few small fowards going in the top 5, we can have a potential youg stud there instead of Melo for 3 1/2 years.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Well he doesn't have a no trade clause so he won't have a choice. Why does NJ want to force all these players to go there though?...lol

Ask Billy King :facepalm:

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Most of us actually don't. Especially with this years draft having a few small fowards going in the top 5, we can have a potential youg stud there instead of Melo for 3 1/2 years.

This is what the Nets should do. They arent built to win now. They should go get a young SF in the draft and build around that player and Favors. They have so many draft picks they are bound to hit on some of them. Thats the route Id go if I were Billy King. However, it seems they are more concerned with having a big name to tag to the team when the move to Brooklyn.

Chill_Will_24
01-08-2011, 07:00 PM

How is it a contradiction? I never said he wants to go there cuz of the market. Only Knicks fans want to believe that. Fact is that the Knicks have Amare am they are winning already so that the NY based team he wants. Also he wouldnt have to wait till 2012 to be fully in NY. That's why he wants to be a Knick.

Why pursue players that dont wanna play for us you ask? Cuz contrary to these supertar divas widespread popular belief it's not about what a player wants. They should stick to balling instead of being spoiled b****es! Melo will take a compromise in NJ or lose millions and also take a serious hit to his image. Kidd didn't want to come to NJ either but what happened once he got here? These players are ignorant. They dont understand what it takes to win so they all wanna team up and form super teams. Melo is not even that good so the Nets are being stupid. 2012 looks like a deeeeeeeep draft. They need to continue their slow rebuild.

Chill_Will_24
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
This is what the Nets should do. They arent built to win now. They should go get a young SF in the draft and build around that player and Favors. They have so many draft picks they are bound to hit on some of them. Thats the route Id go if I were Billy King. However, it seems they are more concerned with having a big name to tag to the team when the move to Brooklyn.

Idk why Nets fans expected any different. Mikhail Prokhorov did not become a billionaire by being a devoted basketball fan. He's a business man. He wants this team to be a financial powerhouse in Brooklyn. Getting a Brooklyn horn star and getting Chris Paul after seems to be his big plan. He doesnt care about winning in itself thou. Hes a competitive guy but basketball is just a hobby to him. Making money is his passion.

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 07:15 PM
did I miss something? I thought this deal wasnt going to happen cause detroit would have to give up first rounds and take on some big contract that they want no part of from what ive been reading.

OG "Dee" LOCc
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
LOL, and then Carmelo was like "nahh chill"

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
How is it a contradiction? I never said he wants to go there cuz of the market. Only Knicks fans want to believe that. Fact is that the Knicks have Amare am they are winning already so that the NY based team he wants. Also he wouldnt have to wait till 2012 to be fully in NY. That's why he wants to be a Knick.

Why pursue players that dont wanna play for us you ask? Cuz contrary to these supertar divas widespread popular belief it's not about what a player wants. They should stick to balling instead of being spoiled b****es! Melo will take a compromise in NJ or lose millions and also take a serious hit to his image. Kidd didn't want to come to NJ either but what happened once he got here? These players are ignorant. They dont understand what it takes to win so they all wanna team up and form super teams. Melo is not even that good so the Nets are being stupid. 2012 looks like a deeeeeeeep draft. They need to continue their slow rebuild.

in terms of him not being worth all the ********, right?

airronijordan
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM

Melo going to the Nets would hurt is image even more:
because he would go from a winning situation to one of the worst teams in the league. That would prove that he doesnt care about winning.
And it would prove that he cares about the money more.

xbrackattackx
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I like what I read about the Clippers making a offer..

Baron
Gordon
Melo
Griffin
Jordan