PDA

View Full Version : Bosh Received Twice As Many All-Star Votes With Toronto

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2011/01/04/16761706.html

Chris Bosh fled Toronto for Miami in search of success, as well as more exposure.

The win part is certainly coming to pass. Not so much the other part of the equation.

According to the Raptors, Bosh had 553,230 all-star votes through the second returns last season.

Despite all the Heat hype, Bosh has received just 260,007 votes through the second returns this season.

beasted86
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Last year Bosh was the clear cut fan favorite between only him & Garnett. Now he's splitting votes between Amare & Boozer, as well as Garnett still.

Makes perfect sense and shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Last year Bosh was the clear cut fan favorite. Now he's splitting votes between Amare & Boozer.

This and to the fact that he had a ton of votes from the Canadian market.

jetsfan28
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Not at all meaningful when you factor in that he's the 3rd best player on his team, he isn't actively campaigning this year (although I'm not sure, maybe that was two years ago), and he now needs to deal with Amare and Boozer on the ballot. Amare + Boozer is over 1,000,000 votes, Bosh likely would get 300K of that.

td0tsfinest
01-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Last year Bosh was the clear cut fan favorite between only him & Garnett. Now he's splitting votes between Amare & Boozer, as well as Garnett still.

I agree. Competition has been much tougher for Bosh. Also add that he loses a lot of votes from some Raptor fans.

And if Yi was included on the ballot, it would be even tougher to get votes. :p

ATX
01-08-2011, 01:07 PM
He's still getting some love, just not as much cause like Beasted said, the East now has Amare and Boozer. The votes will expectantly be more split up now. Besides: Amare-1st option, Boozer-2nd option, KG-2nd option, Bosh-3rd option. This was to be expected.

Jays Claw
01-08-2011, 01:07 PM
He'll be an All-Star regardless.

beasted86
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
He'll be an All-Star regardless.

Yeah, Amare will start and likely Bosh voted in over KG & Boozer by the coaches.

smith&wesson
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I beleive he was voted in as a reserve last year any ways, so the votes didnt count for much in the first place.

justinnum1
01-08-2011, 01:29 PM
He will still be an All star

dtmagnet
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Who cares about Chris Bosh?

Flash3
01-08-2011, 06:39 PM
well lets see, Toronto wont vote for him, (knick,chi,clev) fans wont beacause of their hatred of lebron mix it with bosh is a 3rd option and kg is mad popular and that amare is having a huge season votes for bosh will suffer.

LA_Raiders
01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
He is not an All Star, He is just a role playere. Amare, KG & Booz are playing better.

Meatmypet
01-08-2011, 09:22 PM
well lets see, Toronto wont vote for him, (knick,chi,clev) fans wont beacause of their hatred of lebron mix it with bosh is a 3rd option and kg is mad popular and that amare is having a huge season votes for bosh will suffer.

Lots of people don't like Lebron, but it's clear cut he's going to get his votes whether it's from NY, Chicago or Cleveland as he's still one of the best in the league in the forward spot, let alone just the East.

NYtilIdie
01-08-2011, 09:55 PM

do you honestly think that Lebron got 800,000+ votes from Miami alone?

Plus you just pretty much anwsered why CHI & NY won't vote for Bosh because they're better forwards this season in the East that they'll vote for such as Amare and Boozer.

ink
01-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Bosh used to have a whole country stuffing the ballot box for him before. Ironically, without that I highly doubt he ever would have been an All Star, without his GM's family connection with the US Olympic team Bosh never would have been on the US Olympic team, and likely wouldn't have been given the opportunity to surf in Lebron and DWade's wake in Miami.

footballer2369
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Bosh used to have a whole country stuffing the ballot box for him before. Ironically, without that I highly doubt he ever would have been an All Star, without his GM's family connection with the US Olympic team Bosh never would have been on the US Olympic team, and likely wouldn't have been given the opportunity to surf in Lebron and DWade's wake in Miami.

Your bitterness astounds and entertains.

ink
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Your bitterness astounds and entertains.

Whatever. Ask yourself if any of those things are incorrect.

- ASG votes without an entire country voting? We know that Canada stuffed the ballot box for him. Fact.
- Olympic team without Bryan Colangelo getting his father to give Bosh a place to develop him? Colangelo even said when Bosh was named to the US team that he wanted to get Bosh opportunities. Fact.
- would Bosh have become buddies with Lebron and Wade without the nepotistic intervention? Not likely.

Bosh has had everything delivered to him on a platter. That is a fact. It has nothing to do with me or any other fan. It's about a rare case of one player getting things handed to him while other players have had to earn it.

How much nepotism or favouritism did a great player like Billups ever receive in his career? None that I can see. He's an example of someone who earned their freight all the way.

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:20 AM
come on ink...

I think his 25/10 had a little something to do with it :eyebrow:

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:23 AM
...and for all of you talking about having Canada "stuffing" the ballot box... why is it then that Andrea Bargnani is 7th in the centers column, and 26th overall in the east this year???

beasted86
01-09-2011, 01:34 AM

- ASG appearances without an entire country voting? We know that Canada stuffed the ballot box for him. Fact.
- Olympic team without Bryan Colangelo getting his father to give Bosh a place to develop him? Colangelo even said when Bosh was named to the US team that he wanted to get Bosh opportunities. Fact.
- would Bosh have become buddies with Lebron and Wade without the nepotistic intervention? Not likely.

Bosh has had everything delivered to him on a platter. That is a fact. It has nothing to do with me or any other fan. It's about a rare case of one player getting things handed to him while other players have had to earn it.

How much nepotism or favouritism did a great player like Billups ever receive in his career? None that I can see. He's an example of someone who earned their freight all the way.

You are actually right. Bosh is handed everything.

Bosh was handed the 4th overall pick in the draft by Colangelo, because otherwise he would have been in the D-League since he had no talent.

Bosh was handed the keys to a team with a great record and lots of supporting cast. I mean they did him the favor of trading away an all-star just so he could put up better stats. He was handed stunning 2nd option guys like TJ Ford, Carlos Delfino, Jorge Garbajosa, Jose Calderon, and Andrea Bargnani.... names known to strike fear in all those among NBA circles... and the best that loser could do was put up 20/9 on 49% over those 7 years for his career average, and only get them in the playoffs twice.

Why did Miami have to go and hand this guy another free lunch ticket?

JB0B0
01-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Half as many votes, thrice as many wins. I'd take the latter.

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:47 AM

- ASG appearances without an entire country voting? We know that Canada stuffed the ballot box for him. Fact.

and to answer your questions:

1. INCORRECT. He would have been an allstar regardless. Even if he didnt get voted in can you name a single guy that averaged 25 and 10 in a season and didnt make the all-star team!!?!?!

2. Same as above, Bosh is a 25/10 bigman and he is still young. He absolutely DESERVED to be an Olympian and he was probably the 4th best player overseas.

dodie53
01-09-2011, 02:08 AM
He will still be an All star

he will be if he increases his rebounds and blocks

ink
01-09-2011, 02:11 AM
I think his 25/10 had a little something to do with it :eyebrow:

Full disclosure, I think the ASG is completely meaningless, and regular season stats especially on a bad team are not far behind.

...and for all of you talking about having Canada "stuffing" the ballot box... why is it then that Andrea Bargnani is 7th in the centers column, and 26th overall in the east this year???

Because Bargnani has been hated on by his own fans since he was drafted. Bosh was not. There is some prejudice involved in the Bargnani hate and that is a completely different issue. Plus Bosh was not elected in his first year as a #1 option. That's exactly why he resorted to the YouTube BS to get himself voted to the team.

Why did Miami have to go and hand this guy another free lunch ticket?

As many people have correctly pointed out: so that they could lure Lebron to Miami.

and to answer your questions:

1. INCORRECT. He would have been an allstar regardless. Even if he didnt get voted in can you name a single guy that averaged 25 and 10 in a season and didnt make the all-star team!!?!?!

All Star voting is a popularity contest. He would not have been well enough known regardless of stats. The Raptors may be a lot of things, but they are definitely NOT a team without a massive fanbase, country wide. No other team in basketball has that advantage when it comes to All Star voting.

2. Same as above, Bosh is a 25/10 bigman and he is still young. He absolutely DESERVED to be an Olympian and he was probably the 4th best player overseas.

Jerry Colangelo was persuaded by his son Bryan to include Bosh as an add-in to the roster and it raised some eyebrows at the time. My point was not about what he did with the opportunity. My point was on topic: right now he is getting half the votes he used to get. It's factual that despite his whining about exposure, he was the beneficiary of some strong lobbying on his behalf by an entire nation as a fan base, and a GM who was related to the guy making selections for the Olympic roster.

Sadds The Gr8
01-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Rupaul seems to be getting the attention he craved.

daleja424
01-09-2011, 02:16 AM
again, I ask you, how many 25/10 guys have ever been left off of the all-star team!?! Even if fans don't know about a guy, you better believe that NBA coaches know who he is.

aman_13
01-09-2011, 02:17 AM

lmao, come on ink, i know some of the biggest Bosh haters who would disagree with that post.

ink
01-09-2011, 02:18 AM
again, I ask you, how many 25/10 guys have ever been left off of the all-star team!?! Even if fans don't know about a guy, you better believe that NBA coaches know who he is.

Again, I say that regular season stats mean little. And you're changing the discussion if you're talking about coaches including him. The thread is about fan voting isn't it?

ink
01-09-2011, 02:21 AM
lmao, come on ink, i know some of the biggest Bosh haters who would disagree with that post.

That's funny since each point is true. Canada stuffed ballot box. Check. GM called in a favour from his Dad. Check. Without being on the Olympic team Wade, Lebron and Bosh wouldn't have decided to play together. Check. If you find it disagreeable, you're not reading what I've written.

daleja424
01-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Again, I say that regular season stats mean little. And you're changing the discussion if you're talking about coaches including him. The thread is about fan voting isn't it?

It WAS...and then you went on to say that he wouldn't be an all-star without Canada... which is not true since we know that fans only select 5 players for the team...

and what do u suggest we base superlatives on if not regular season stats?

ink
01-09-2011, 02:23 AM
It WAS...and then you went on to say that he wouldn't be an all-star without Canada... which is not true since we know that fans only select 5 players for the team..

No, the thread was about voting and my point was about voting. Canadian fans voted en masse to get him into the ASG. Anyway, I've made three points and I'm done. Those were my only interest in the thread.

madiaz3
01-09-2011, 02:26 AM

yes..knicks and chicago fans arent voting for bosh because of lebron hatred..not because we have amare and boozer on our teams...

daleja424
01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
and some of your points might be valid, but then you go an generalize and say he has everything handed to him...which is a JOKE. The dude had to suffer playing on crap teams, he put up 24/10 as a number one option with little help, he was a key part of the Olympic team, etc etc etc. You are really coming off here as bitter.

hoow about Kobe or Magic or Scotty Pippen... they sure did get A LOT handed to them

aman_13
01-09-2011, 02:30 AM
That's funny since each point is true. Canada stuffed ballot box. Check. GM called in a favour from his Dad. Check. Without being on the Olympic team Wade, Lebron and Bosh wouldn't have decided to play together. Check. If you find it disagreeable, you're not reading what I've written.

I read what you written and just becuse you are stating your opinion, doesn't mean it's right. He got voted in once in the starting 5 and your being ridiculous if you think he just got in because of Canada. He may have got some help to get into the olympics, but you need proven talent to play in those games. No player gets invited just so he can get some experience on one of the biggest tournaments in USA basketball history. Bosh got invited mainly for his talents and Bosh was arguably one of their top players in the tournament.

HoopsDrive
01-09-2011, 02:30 AM
He would have been al All-Star regardless since coaches would have very likely put him in the roster.

As for the actual number of fan votes? It's similar to Yao Ming's case. With the Raptors, he played for a team that represented an entire nation and that obviously got him extra votes.

But what kind of exposure are we talking about here? Surely, it's not just meaningless votes for a meaningless basketball game. It's clear Bosh wanted to showcase his game to American markets.

Lastly, there are bigger names in the east playing in some BIG basketball markets. Boozer for Chicago and Amare for NY. This is a huge factor when accounting for his low votes turnout.

nickdymez
01-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Bosh is a shitbox

Sadds The Gr8
01-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Bosh is a shitbox

:laugh2:

ink
01-09-2011, 02:37 AM
yes..knicks and chicago fans arent voting for bosh because of lebron hatred..not because we have amare and boozer on our teams...

I agree. Boozer and Amare are earning their votes. It isn't backlash against another player.

and some of your points might be valid, but then you go an generalize and say he has everything handed to him...which is a JOKE. The dude had to suffer playing on crap teams, he put up 24/10 as a number one option with little help, he was a key part of the Olympic team, etc etc etc. You are really coming off here as bitter.

hoow about Kobe or Magic or Scotty Pippen... they sure did get A LOT handed to them

Saying everything was handed to him is a response to his complaining. Without the complaining it's doubtful, for example, that his ex-GM would have been angry with him. It was Colangelo that has said that Bosh didn't have it nearly as bad as he claims. But this line of discussion is off-topic so let's agree to disagree on that point. I'd like to talk about Bosh vs Pippen as a support player (obviously most NBA fans would pick Pippen) but that's another thread.

I read what you written and just becuse you are stating your opinion, doesn't mean it's right. He got voted in once in the starting 5 and your being rediculous if you think he just got in because of Canada. He may have got some help to get into the olympics, but you need proven talent to play in those games. No player gets invited just so he can get some experience on one of the biggest tournaments in USA basketball history. Bosh got invited mainly for his talents and Bosh was arguably one of their top players in the tournament.

:confused: We know for a fact that Canadians stuffed the ballot box. There were lots of stories about it, in fact the media even encouraged it. That's why ASGs are a joke. I'll stick to that topic so that the thread can get back on topic. I was just connecting dots in response to someone else's post.

aman_13
01-09-2011, 03:10 AM
I agree. Boozer and Amare are earning their votes. It isn't backlash against another player.

Saying everything was handed to him is a response to his complaining. Without the complaining it's doubtful, for example, that his ex-GM would have been angry with him. It was Colangelo that has said that Bosh didn't have it nearly as bad as he claims. But this line of discussion is off-topic so let's agree to disagree on that point. I'd like to talk about Bosh vs Pippen as a support player (obviously most NBA fans would pick Pippen) but that's another thread.

:confused: We know for a fact that Canadians stuffed the ballot box. There were lots of stories about it, in fact the media even encouraged it. That's why ASGs are a joke. I'll stick to that topic so that the thread can get back on topic. I was just connecting dots in response to someone else's post.

Bosh got voted in by the gms and coaches for majority of his all-star appearances. You pointed out his flaws from previous threads, some i agree with, some i disagree with. The one thing you can't deny however is his talent. He made those all-star games because of his numbers and of course this is when you say he played on a bad team. Lets put it this way, if your playing on a bad team and your the only legit threat, then your numbers in my opinion are more impressive because the other team's game plan is to stop you. Especially when you shoot over 50% from the field.

ink
01-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Bosh got voted in by the gms and coaches for majority of his all-star appearances. You pointed out his flaws from previous threads, some i agree with, some i disagree with. The one thing you can't deny however is his talent. He made those all-star games because of his numbers and of course this is when you say he played on a bad team. Lets put it this way, if your playing on a bad team and your the only legit threat, then your numbers in my opinion are more impressive because the other team's game plan is to stop you. Especially when you shoot over 50% from the field.

Their game plan might actually be to let you get your points. I've heard that many times before. The old adage is that no one wins a game (except Kobe and his 81) by himself, so the strategy with a middling star can be to let him get his 25-40. It's a way to use the other team's perceived strength against them. That said, there's no denying his talent. It's more the ineffectiveness of his game against tough opponents like the Celtics who are impossible for Bosh. It's been a major relief not to have the #1 option of the team be contact averse on the inside and settle for jumpers. Anyway, that will take us waaay off topic. Point is that despite his complaints he actually benefitted in All Star voting because he played in the market he likes to ***** about.

TylerSL
01-09-2011, 03:28 AM

this

TylerSL
01-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Their game plan might actually be to let you get your points. I've heard that many times before. The old adage is that no one wins a game (except Kobe and his 81) by himself, so the strategy with a middling star can be to let him get his 25-40. It's a way to use the other team's perceived strength against them. That said, there's no denying his talent. It's more the ineffectiveness of his game against tough opponents like the Celtics who are impossible for Bosh. It's been a major relief not to have the #1 option of the team be contact averse on the inside and settle for jumpers. Anyway, that will take us waaay off topic. Point is that despite his complaints he actually benefitted in All Star voting because he played in the market he likes to ***** about.

dude wow, I cant believe you accually believe Bosh was only an AS because of Canadian fans. That is retarted. You do relize that 5 of his 6 AS appearances had nothing to do with fan voting right? He was selected by the coaches because he averaged 25/10........ Only 1 time has his fan votes got him in, and he started because fans only vote the starters................ So if anything 1/6 was because of Canadian fans, and 5/6 was because of the coaches and had nothing to do with Canadian fans........ WOW :facepalm: And what makes it all worse is that you are a mod :pity:

ink
01-09-2011, 03:38 AM
dude wow, I cant believe you accually believe Bosh was only an AS because of Canadian fans. That is retarted. You do relize that 5 of his 6 AS appearances had nothing to do with fan voting right? He was selected by the coaches because he averaged 25/10........ Only 1 time has his fan votes got him in, and he started because fans only vote the starters................ So if anything 1/6 was because of Canadian fans, and 5/6 was because of the coaches and had nothing to do with Canadian fans........ WOW :facepalm: And what makes it all worse is that you are a mod :pity:

Next time, before you go off, read the article and the title of the thread. It is about fan voting.

And the borderline baiting needs to stop too.

Knicks21
01-09-2011, 03:42 AM
I really have a problem with fans voting. You have like to whole of China voting for Yao, i mean the guy isn't playing for the rest of the season and is still gaining votes. Coaches and Players should vote. There are many players that we will see that deserve to be there, but they wont because of the lack of votes.

TylerSL
01-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Next time, before you go off, read the article and the title of the thread. It is about fan voting.

And the borderline baiting needs to stop too.

right, its about fan voting, which he has only gotten in 1 time out of his 6 AS appearances because of. That right there should tell you your arguement that he was only an AS because of Canadian votes is moot.

ink
01-09-2011, 03:50 AM
right, its about fan voting, which he has only gotten in 1 time out of his 6 AS appearances because of. That right there should tell you your arguement that he was only an AS because of Canadian votes is moot.

I didn't say that. You said that. I was talking about why he has half the votes this year. So my argument is just fine thanks. Again, read what you're responding to.

aman_13
01-09-2011, 03:51 AM

I figure you would say that, but when your scoring at an effecient rate, you do have to change your game plan. Bosh's scoring actually improved the quality of offense against most of the teams he played against. He starts scoring, opposing team doubles him, he kicks out (and yeah i know he is not a very good playmaker) and it either leads to an extra pass for an open shot or leads to an open lane in the defense for one of the wingers because the defense couldn't close out in time. Of course Bosh did struggle against top teir defenses and that is one of his flaws you pointed out but his scoring on most nights proved to be very effective and was one of the main reason why they were in games. The Raps just couldn't finish and were found to be incompetent down the stretch which leads to another argument.

TylerSL
01-09-2011, 03:54 AM
I didn't say that. You said that. I was talking about why he has half the votes this year. So my argument is just fine thanks. Again, read what you're responding to.

ok the first time I quoted your post I was refering to all of your posts really because I was just reading through this thread and was amazed that you said in so many words "Bosh has been an AS because Canada votes him in"

ink
01-09-2011, 03:57 AM
I figure you would say that, but when your scoring at an effecient rate, you do have to change your game plan. Bosh's scoring actually improved the quality of offense against most of the teams he played against. He starts scoring, opposing team doubles him, he kicks out (and yeah i know he is not a very good playmaker) and it either leads to an extra pass for an open shot or leads to an open lane in the defense for one of the wingers because the defense couldn't close out in time. Of course Bosh did struggle against top teir defenses and that is one of his flaws you pointed out but his scoring on most nights proved to be very effective and was one of the main reason why they were in games. The Raps just couldn't finish and were found to be incompetent down the stretch which leads to another argument.

This is a side discussion but I'll answer: ultimately you come to realize that being ineffective against top tier teams gets noticed. It doesn't matter how many points he ran up against weaker opposition. We both know that this isn't even a team discussion because we can see it again now: he can be shut down by the best teams or forced to become a jump shooter. Again, OT so I hope we don't continue along this line.

ink
01-09-2011, 04:01 AM
ok the first time I quoted your post I was refering to all of your posts really because I was just reading through this thread and was amazed that you said in so many words "Bosh has been an AS because Canada votes him in"

All the way through the thread I've made the same three points. About voting I was on topic, talking about how he received double the votes he now receives because of Canadians stuffing the ballot box. We were even encouraged to do that to get him in. About the Olympics and how he ended up on the Heat I was responding to someone else's point.

aman_13
01-09-2011, 04:03 AM
This is a side discussion but I'll answer: ultimately you come to realize that being ineffective against top tier teams tarnishes a player's rep. It doesn't matter how many points he ran up against weaker opposition. We both know that this isn't even a team discussion because we can see it again now: he can be shut down by the best teams or forced to become a jump shooter. Again, OT so I hope we don't continue along this line.

I'll reserve my argument because i don't want to go off topic either. This thread is about votes so your right Canada does have to do with it. However, i bet he still makes the all-star team through Gms and coaches just he like he made it as a Raptor for majority of his career.

TylerSL
01-09-2011, 04:04 AM
All the way through the thread I've made the same three points. About voting I was on topic, talking about how he received double the votes he now receives because of Canadians stuffing the ballot box. We were even encouraged to do that to get him in. About the Olympics and how he ended up on the Heat I was responding to someone else's point.

yes. You said Canada stuffed the ballot box and we were encouraged to do so also. You are implying he only got in the AS because of that. Well I am telling you right here now, that 5 of his 6 AS games has had nothing to do with that because he was voted in by the coaches and you tell me I am off topic..............

ink
01-09-2011, 04:08 AM
yes. You said Canada stuffed the ballot box and we were encouraged to do so also. You are implying he only got in the AS because of that. Well I am telling you right here now, that 5 of his 6 AS games has had nothing to do with that because he was voted in by the coaches and you tell me I am off topic..............

I know that. Unfortunately the thread is about how Bosh's vote totals are half of what they were before. This is what I responded to:

Chris Bosh fled Toronto for Miami in search of success, as well as more exposure.

The win part is certainly coming to pass. Not so much the other part of the equation.

According to the Raptors, Bosh had 553,230 all-star votes through the second returns last season.

Despite all the Heat hype, Bosh has received just 260,007 votes through the second returns this season.

The thread is not about whether he will be in the ASG or why he was before. The question is why are his vote totals so low. A reasonable answer is that all of Canada is no longer stuffing ballot boxes for him. I think we've exhausted this point don't you?

ink
01-09-2011, 04:11 AM
I'll reserve my argument because i don't want to go off topic either. This thread is about votes so your right Canada does have to do with it. However, i bet he still makes the all-star team through Gms and coaches just he like he made it as a Raptor for majority of his career.

I don't doubt that. A lot of people have said that since the ASG is about marketing and hype the league wouldn't be able to market the so-called big 3 without all three. And yes, the coaches would probably still pick him. The problem he faces is that two elite PFs have come in from the WC this year. My personal opinion is that they are more worthy than he is.

aman_13
01-09-2011, 04:12 AM
My bad ink, i realize i mis-read your earlier post. You were referring to Bosh's votes, not his all-star appearances. It's late here, so i do have an excuse lol.

ok well you said "Ironically, without that I highly doubt he ever would have been an All Star". You were referring to the votes and then you said the line i just quoted. From what i understood, you were saying that he only made his all-star appearances because of the high voting in Canada which is not true in my opinion.

BluejaysFan08
01-09-2011, 04:12 AM
No one from Canada voted this year lol.

aman_13
01-09-2011, 04:14 AM
I don't doubt that. A lot of people have said that since the ASG is about marketing and hype the league wouldn't be able to market the so-called big 3 without all three. And yes, the coaches would probably still pick him. The problem he faces is that two elite PFs have come in from the WC this year. My personal opinion is that they are more worthy than he is.

Fair enough.

TylerSL
01-09-2011, 04:17 AM
I know that. Unfortunately the thread is about how Bosh's vote totals are half of what they were before. This is what I responded to:

The thread is not about whether he will be in the ASG or why he was before. The question is why are his vote totals so low. A reasonable answer is that all of Canada is no longer stuffing ballot boxes for him. I think we've exhausted this point don't you?

yes I do, but his vote totals are also down due to Boozer, and Amare being in the East now, so KG isnt his only rival. Also he is a #3 option while Amare is the #1, Boozer is the #2, and KG is the #2. IMO those reasons are more accuarate than Canada stopped stuffing the ballot box

ink
01-09-2011, 04:19 AM
yes I do, but his vote totals are also down due to Boozer, and Amare being in the East now, so KG isnt his only rival. Also he is a #3 option while Amare is the #1, Boozer is the #2, and KG is the #2. IMO those reasons are more accuarate than Canada stopped stuffing the ballot box

I don't think they'd split the vote to that degree. He has also had a lot of negative press this year so that would likely affect his votes too.

[btw, among the complaints Bosh had in 2009 was that he wasn't voted in by the fans as a starter because he was in Canada. What the article is saying is that he got his wish to leave and yet his votes dropped by half. It's HIS logic the article is questioning. Being in a different market hasn't given him the vote totals HE WANTED. That's the backstory to the article.]

TylerSL
01-09-2011, 04:22 AM
I don't think they'd split the vote to that degree. He has also had a lot of negative press this year so that would likely affect his votes too.

yea the negative press has some to do with it as well

Lim
01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
he really needs to start rebounding.. he should be avging at least 10 rpg esp since there is no legit big man on that team

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:38 PM
he really needs to start rebounding.. he should be avging at least 10 rpg esp since there is no legit big man on that team

I love posts like these b/c they indicate that you are listening solely to the media and not bothering to look for your own information...

Here are the facts:

1. Miami is 4th in the NBA in rebounding rate. Miami is a very good rebounding team. So it is not like Bosh is hurting the team by only grabbing 8-9 rebounds instead of 10.

2. Miami has two of the best wing rebounders in the NBA. Just because there isn't a big name center doesnt mean that Bosh will have free reign to grab boards.

3. Bosh has upped his rebounding as the year has progressed and he has gotten more comfortable to his positioning in the system. November 7.5 rebounds, December 9.0 rebounds, and now January 9.8 rebounds

Kashmir13579
01-09-2011, 01:52 PM
bosh: nobody loves me

Lim
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I love posts like these b/c they indicate that you are listening solely to the media and not bothering to look for your own information...

Here are the facts:

1. Miami is 4th in the NBA in rebounding rate. Miami is a very good rebounding team. So it is not like Bosh is hurting the team by only grabbing 8-9 rebounds instead of 10.

2. Miami has two of the best wing rebounders in the NBA. Just because there isn't a big name center doesnt mean that Bosh will have free reign to grab boards.

3. Bosh has upped his rebounding as the year has progressed and he has gotten more comfortable to his positioning in the system. November 7.5 rebounds, December 9.0 rebounds, and now January 9.8 rebounds

#3 contradicts numbers 1 and 2 btw.

They WILL need more production out of bosh in the playoffs especially since your team isnt very deep.