PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger in Possbile Trades Soon?

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Perhaps it comes as little surprise after Danny Granger earned a spot on Professor Hollinger’s All-Disappointing Team, but there are some fresh rumbles in circulation that the Pacers are softening their no-trade stance on the Team USA swingman.

The Pacers have generally resisted trade interest in Granger, including feelers from Denver earlier this season about Indiana’s willingness to include Granger in multiteam Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios.

One source with knowledge of Indiana’s thinking, however, said this week that the Pacers — 6-11 and fading since their big November wins over the Heat and Lakers — have not dismissed every recent proposal that includes Granger. Another source insisted to ESPN.com that the Pacers, although they naturally would be seeking a lot in return, quietly listened to a few Granger pitches last season, as well.

It seems far safer to suggest that the Pacers would make a move before the Feb. 24 trading deadline with one of their expiring contracts, such as Mike Dunleavy or T.J. Ford, but here’s another way to put it: Roy Hibbert, despite his own December fade, has emerged as the more untouchable piece in Indiana’s eyes than Granger, who is shooting just 41.6 percent from the field, is going to the free throw line just 5.1 times per game as he too often settles for jumpers … and has three pricey years left on his contract after this season valued at $40 million.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110107-09/trimester-awards

210Don
01-08-2011, 12:02 AM
hibbert and granger is a pretty good tandem they need a pg though. oh and to fire their coach

goblazers7
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Come to Portland you piece of beautiful

Giraffes Rule
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM
I thought they wanted to build around Granger? Wasn't that the whole purpose of trading for Collison? To build a team with Hibbert, Collison, and Granger.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah I don't get it either

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Granger - Hibbert - Collison is a phenomenal young core to start with, but the coach needs to go.

John Walls Era
01-08-2011, 12:23 AM
TO could actually use a shooter...

BenFrank
01-08-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope he finds his way to Houston.. I would make everyone available, except Martin

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 12:25 AM
watson,bogans, Johnson, Korver and a couple picks, get it done paxson ;)

jimbobjarree
01-08-2011, 12:25 AM
dying for the Jazz to make a move for him

CB29
01-08-2011, 12:29 AM
please get him bryan colangelo... we should've drafted him in the first place.

Mishmin
01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Granger's not goin anywhere. No way dog.

Flash3
01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
hibbert and granger is a pretty good tandem they need a pg though. oh and to fire their coach

collison ?

210Don
01-08-2011, 12:31 AM
collison ?

ehh hes not good enough to do anything versus todays pgs

Giraffes Rule
01-08-2011, 01:57 AM
ehh hes not good enough to do anything versus todays pgs

He's only in his second year, and last season spurred some (stupid) talks of trading Chris Paul in favor of him in New Orleans. He's a really good young talent.

John Walls Era
01-08-2011, 02:02 AM

Deng and Granger at SG and SF? Too slow to guard quicker 2s.

goblazers7
01-08-2011, 02:11 AM

Why would the Pacers even consider this?

thedfactor
01-08-2011, 02:15 AM
I don't think he's getting traded. Indiana simply took the untouchable label off allegedly. That's all, maybe to see what his value is on the market. Any potential deal for Granger down the line will cost the other team several key pieces.

goblazers7
01-08-2011, 02:52 AM
Three way deal between Por/Ind/Cle

Portland recieves Varajao/Granger/Ford
Pacers receive Batum/Pryzbilla/Jameson
Cleveland receives Andre miller/Dahntay Jones/Paul George

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Deng and Granger at SG and SF? Too slow to guard quicker 2s.

whoever said that? I would start brewer and have deng come off the bench.

John Walls Era
01-08-2011, 04:06 AM
whoever said that? I would start brewer and have deng come off the bench.

Expensive 6th man. Got it.

Bnice267
01-08-2011, 04:15 AM

yea how can you say they need a pg? collison is great...Jim o brien is the reason why he doesnt look like he did last year...JOB system is a pass n shoot which means he doesnt see those assist like he did last year

Bnice267
01-08-2011, 04:17 AM
oh and by the way...granger isnt going anywhere all they are doing is listening to trades and to bird, the only way granger is going somewhere is that something spectacular has to come by or he will not trade granger

Bnice267
01-08-2011, 04:20 AM

no offense your either 10 years old or your 10 years old.... why in the fu cking world would the pacers trade granger AND george for absolute garbage????? that is by far the worst "trade vision" anyone can ever see lol

Kings Faithful
01-08-2011, 04:41 AM
I hope the Kings give Indiana a call... he could be our third star of the future. We actually have a bunch of cap room to absorb Indiana's terrible contracts as well as a lot of valuable pieces including Landry, Casspi, Dalembert and his huge expiring, and best of all a high draft pick coming up this offseason.

Ebbs
01-08-2011, 04:45 AM
Dallas would love him :P

The_Mac22
01-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Curry-Ellis-Granger-Lee-Udoh

Make it happen.

Bulls_fan90
01-08-2011, 05:17 AM
I'd love to see him on the Bulls. Deng + Taj + 2nd rounder.

JB0B0
01-08-2011, 06:10 AM
I'd love to see him on the Bulls. Deng + Taj + 2nd rounder.

I'd give Deng, Taj, and Charlotte's 1st if that's what it took. Then we can swing JJ, Bulls 1st and 2nd for Courtney Lee.

Rose
Lee
Granger
Boozer
Noah

If only Pat Riley was our gm....:/

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
My new favorite player in the league (since Iverson is no longer) I'd love to see us make a Granger-Iggy + fillers swap. But that IMO wouldn't make much sense for the Pacers it would be more of a later move if anything.

I could see him really regaining his old form and playing at a consistent high in Philly though playing along side a quality PG like Holiday he'd really he'd be faced with much less pressure on the offensive end. All we'll need after is to get a HEALTHY Greg Oden and back to play-off contention we go. :D

DwayneMVPwade
01-08-2011, 11:46 AM
If I was Indy I would try and trade him. Try and get a young prospect and a first round pick. IMO Granger isnt gonna lead indy anywhere. They should build around the core of Hibbert, Collison and George.

Hype
01-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Corey Brewer/Wayne Ellington, 2 first round picks for Granger straight up.

then

Luke Ridnour for Anthony Randolph

Danny Granger
Anthony Randolph
Michael Beasley
Kevin Love
Johnny Flynn
Darko Milicek
Sebastian Telfair
Wesley Johnson

Solid rotation plus Wolves keep at least one 1st round pick (assuming we get three first rounders this year)

Everyone is happy?

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 12:07 PM
If I was Indy I would try and trade him. Try and get a young prospect and a first round pick. IMO Granger isnt gonna lead indy anywhere. They should build around the core of Hibbert, Collison and George.

The only reason I would agree with this is because Granger already said it correctly in this article http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14498355/granger-looks-on-as-indiana-tries-to-keep-pace-with-big-markets that the pacers would not be able to lure any free agents. Along with Collison and Hibbert they'd just need to get a quality PF IMO (Al Horford) and maybe try to swing a deal for a better starting SG than Brandon Rush, Dahntay Jones or Mike Dunleavy. I like the idea of OJ Mayo but that could be disastrous and I don't think he's the type of player INDY is looking for. A John Salmons type would probably be ideal. Though I question how much of an upgrade he'd really be.

You would be wrong to trade him for a young prospect and a 1st round pick for the simple fact that for 6+ years that his what they have been doing building through the draft, would you really want to put your fans through yet another 5-6 years of that or would you rather attempt to get your team into contention by surrounding your "franchise" player (IMO he is no franchise player) with some All Star caliber talent. My 76ers tried something to the effect of what I am talking about but it backfired as a result of Brand not panning out.

Granger has one of the best contracts in the league I don't think they should trade him and redo the entire process of building through the draft again

RenegadeRiot36
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM

Hahahahahaha... good one:facepalm:

drama1386
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
would LOVE granger in milwaukee. maggette for granger straight up? salaries match up...I know the pacers aren't that stupid...I can only dream

Sixerlover
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Granger won't be dealt.

Il Mago 7
01-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Toronto We NEEEED a swingman

dtmagnet
01-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I think this is the kind of guy the Raptors would go after.

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 01:01 PM
the nets should at the least contact the pacers.

Mishmin
01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Corey Brewer/Wayne Ellington, 2 first round picks for Granger straight up.

then

Luke Ridnour for Anthony Randolph

Danny Granger
Anthony Randolph
Michael Beasley
Kevin Love
Johnny Flynn
Darko Milicek
Sebastian Telfair
Wesley Johnson

Solid rotation plus Wolves keep at least one 1st round pick (assuming we get three first rounders this year)

Everyone is happy?

Hah... no your wolves are happy. Granger may not be an all-star this season, but he is a star. Nobody's moving their star for Corey ****ing Brewer, Ellington, and picks unless they're blowing up the team. And that they are not.

Also, if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to deal Ridnour. He's by far your most consistent guard right now. When Rubio comes over and ends up being a bust, you're gonna need him more than ever.

Sixerlover
01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't think you guys get GM'ing 101. Leaking that the untouchable is off of a player, means that he is a bar under untouchable. Meaning he's not being traded unless we get borderline untouchable trade offers for him. Example:

Toronto wants him: Bargnani, Weems and a pick.
Minny wants him: Kevin Love
Portland wants him: LaMarcus Aldridge

these are the type of deals the Pacers FO is looking for when they say he's off the untouchable list. If these deals dont come, he'll be on the team. He more than likely isn't going to merit these deals, so he won't be traded.

Dade County
01-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Curry-Ellis-Granger-Lee-Udoh

Make it happen.

OK.... I would like to see Granger, Ellis and Curry on the same team; Offensively sound for the next 5 to 8 yrs. Now, just go find/scout for the best defensive PF & Center you can find. I mean nasty big-men, bigs that play :mad: ............ and you got yourself a TEAM!!!

Lee is good I know, but with Granger and Curry and Ellis you have enough Off.
You need D...... Curry and Ellis really cant do anything on the other end, when it comes to containing other teams star players; you need the enforcers down low.

Play D like mad men and grab 10+ reb each, then you can take the step in becoming an elite team.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't think you guys get GM'ing 101. Leaking that the untouchable is off of a player, means that he is a bar under untouchable. Meaning he's not being traded unless we get borderline untouchable trade offers for him. Example:

Toronto wants him: Bargnani, Weems and a pick.
Minny wants him: Kevin Love
Portland wants him: LaMarcus Aldridge

these are the type of deals the Pacers FO is looking for when they say he's off the untouchable list. If these deals dont come, he'll be on the team. He more than likely isn't going to merit these deals, so he won't be traded.

Great point, anything else would just continue their downward spiral which all in all would make them worst and not better down the line. They are not looking to build through the draft or work with prospects anymore they may want to take a different direction but not start all over again.

smith&wesson
01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
i dont think he giong any where.

DeyAce
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM

That would be amazing.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Get it done Donnie, get Granger and McGee and it will have been a great deadline :D

drobe86
01-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Mavs gotta make a move on this... This is a outstanding player that not only fills Caron Butlers spot, but makes you say Caron who? Granger sets us up not only to contend for this year, but beyond.... Cubes is gonna check this out you watch....

SouthSideRookie
01-08-2011, 03:40 PM

You have to wonder why hasn't Granger been able to lead them anywhere in the east. Also, IMO there is no way the Pacers would trade him to the Bulls since they are in the same division.

Kakaroach
01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Granger has taken a serious step back this season and throw in the development of ROy Hibbert along with Darren Collison they still haven't been able to improve. They could get a serious haul for him, I'd do it if I was Larry Bird.

joeboow90
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I dont think he'll get moved this deadline but sometime in the near future he will be dealt. They wont be able to pay him the big money and he'll leave so they'll need to trade him and get some good pieces for their team moving forward. That's why they drafted Paul George he's supposed to be their Granger type player for the future. Pacers have a pretty good young team they got Collison, Hibbert, Rush, George and some others and if they move Granger they could get a nice return and actually build a contender

mttwlsn16
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
L.a.

kingkenny01
01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
granger for oj mayo
don't know if contracts work but the deal sound pretty decent

goblazers7
01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Hahahahahaha... good one:facepalm:

Woah looking back that trade makes no sense. Being drunk and making up trades dont mix.

Silent
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
it makes a lot of sence for indy they have Paul George who could fill that void why not get a new piece to the puzzle i like to see theme get a sg or pf for Granger

PacersAllStars
01-08-2011, 05:55 PM

LoL KEEP DREAMING

sep11ie
01-08-2011, 06:09 PM
granger for oj mayo
don't know if contracts work but the deal sound pretty decent

Were you serious there?

sep11ie
01-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Trade proposals from PSD members are like buttholes, we all have them, and they all stink.

WizFan3
01-08-2011, 06:33 PM
ship him to dc!!!!!

samevans7
01-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Baron Davis, Aminu, Kaman, Butler 1st for Granger, Hibbert

that forms a good Clipps team (Hibbert-Griffin-Granger-Gordon-Bledsoe)

for IND, you get a good scorer with an expiring contract, an all star center, a young F, a good role player, and a 1st rounder

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I could actually see Orlando making a trade for granger. another guy who is like 6'10-6"11" who can shoot, who does that remind you of?

Giraffes Rule
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Baron Davis, Aminu, Kaman, Butler 1st for Granger, Hibbert

that forms a good Clipps team (Hibbert-Griffin-Granger-Gordon-Bledsoe)

for IND, you get a good scorer with an expiring contract, an all star center, a young F, a good role player, and a 1st rounder

That's an awful trade.

LA_Raiders
01-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Granger - Hibbert - Collison is a phenomenal young core to start with, but the coach needs to go.

Agree

D Roses Bulls
01-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Orlando needs to call about granger

Guy Montag
01-08-2011, 08:40 PM
samevans7, how about this?

Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon for TJ Ford, Jeff Foster, Solomon Jones, and our 2019 2nd rounder

:)

dturpin598
01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't see him getting traded. However, I'd give up Jason Terry, Caron Butler, and Roddy Beaubois for him from the Mavs. I loved him in college and he can shoot the lights out, he's just not a true #1 option.

AddiX
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I never understood why the Nets don't go all out to get him. Seems like the perfect fit.

cargobox
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Chris Kaman and Al-Farouq Aminu, less go!

Lakers4ItAll
01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I would love to see Granger to get out of Indiana, he's a stud!

nuggetsyankees
01-08-2011, 09:56 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=33pdzbm
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2uejy6n

either of these trades sounds good

lkingratedr
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I never understood why the Nets don't go all out to get him. Seems like the perfect fit.

cause they got there head so far up carmelo's *** they dont see any other player out there available

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Unfortunate situation for the Pacers if they feel compelled to trade him. I think he's probably a better player than the level he's performed at this season. But because his numbers are down, that's going to depress his trade value. Selling low really isn't a good starting point for putting a deal together.

PatelJ1010
01-09-2011, 04:27 AM
I'm a Warriors fan but i can see Kings making a trade for him since Tyreke Evans needs another SF to help with shooting

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=363ufdp

JLynn943
01-09-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm a Warriors fan but i can see Kings making a trade for him since Tyreke Evans needs another SF to help with shooting

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=363ufdp

I really hope the Kings go for him. We'd probably have to trade Casspi though. No way that Beno and Garcia are enough (or even desirable)

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 05:10 AM
I think a true PG to play alongside 'Reke is higher on the Kings' priority list right now than another wing.

effen5
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Deng, JJ, Asik, Our first rounder, second rounder