PDA

View Full Version : Melo, Chauncey and Rip together in New Jersey?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

psperry34116
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6000845

Sources with knowledge of the talks confirmed the Nets and Nuggets have hatched a three-way trade proposal that would land Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups and Pistons guard Rip Hamilton alongside Anthony in New Jersey.

New Jersey would have to give up a ton for these three. It would be great to see Rip and Chauncey together again. Reminds me of what couldve happened in Detroit had the Pistons not taken Darko.

Gators123
01-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Not going to happen.

Chris Broussard
In the proposed 3-way for Melo, NJ wants Detroit to take TMurphy & JohanPetro 4 Rip and Det's 1st round pick. Pistons said No Way.

black1605
01-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Just read this. Not a bad team, but not a contender as is.

Billups
Hamilton
Anthony
Humphries
Lopez

Good, not great.

The Dream
01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
lol.. again not a chance

210Don
01-07-2011, 11:18 PM
omg would be great and stein says its on talks and broussard says its not whos right?

Gators123
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM
omg would be great and stein says its on talks and broussard says its not whos right?

They were talking about it.......until the Nets told Dumars they wanted a 1st round pick too.

ko8e24
01-07-2011, 11:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6000845

The New Jersey Nets' latest attempt to acquire Denver's Carmelo Anthony involves the Detroit Pistons.

Sources with knowledge of the talks confirmed the Nets and Nuggets have hatched a three-way trade proposal that would land Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups and Pistons guard Rip Hamilton alongside Anthony in New Jersey.

The three-way trade scenario was first reported by the Bergen Record on its website Friday night.

The proposed deal would send prized Nets rookie Derrick Favors, former All-Star guard Devin Harris and at least two first-round picks to the Nuggets in exchange for their franchise player. It was not immediately known what Detroit would receive, if this deal were to go through, beyond Troy Murphy's expiring contract.

When asked how close this deal is to completion, one source close to the process said that the sides are still "going back and forth."

The Nets have been trying to find a third team, such as Cleveland or Minnesota, to help faciliate a blockbuster deal for Anthony that they've been chasing since September since the collapse of a four-team swap involving Charlotte and Utah.

The Nuggets, sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard, did not want Murphy because his contract will pay him $8 million over the remainder of the season. After the February trade deadline, Murphy will only be owed about $3.5 million. Denver might be willing to take him then.

But the latest proposal -- even if the Nets, Nuggets and Pistons reach an agreement in principle -- will not go through unless Anthony agrees to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nets in what is known as an extend-and-trade. The Boston Celtics got the same extend-and-trade commitment from Kevin Garnett when they acquired him from Minnesota in July 2007.

As ESPN.com reported last month, Nets officials will request -- and receive -- permission to meet with Anthony face-to-face if a trade agreement is struck, so owner Mikhail Prokhorov and part-owner Jay-Z can lead a Nets contingent to lobby him directly on the team's future in Brooklyn.

The Nets, sources said, have not stopped looking for other third-team facilitators and likewise continue to discuss trade possibilities with the Nuggets that don't involve any other teams.

ko8e24
01-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Lol, why was my thread moved? My source is from ESPN, and the thread title is way better than psperry's thread title (not trying to insult you), cuz the thread title is only about New Jersey, when Detroit and obviously are part of the deal.

THis thread should have been moved to my thread, lol, but whatever. Mods will be mods.

llemon
01-07-2011, 11:25 PM
We want to re-assemble a washed up Pistons team?

godolphins
01-07-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't see this happening but at last the Nets are trying

oak2455
01-07-2011, 11:27 PM
try try try again:D

Gators123
01-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
If Nets have a chance to get 3-way done for Melo, there's no way a desire to pluck another pick would stand in way. Everything's negotiable.

So its not 100% dead yet as long as Nets and Pistons can decide on something other than the 1st round pick.

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Lol, why was my thread moved? My source is from ESPN, and the thread title is way better than psperry's thread title (not trying to insult you), cuz the thread title is only about New Jersey, when Detroit and obviously are part of the deal.

THis thread should have been moved to my thread, lol, but whatever. Mods will be mods.

Who cares... its whoever made the thread first gets the rights.

oak2455
01-07-2011, 11:36 PM
So its not 100% dead yet as long as Nets and Pistons can decide on something other than the 1st round pick.

and Melo says hey that team looks great in Newark:rolleyes: 10 wins and just got smoked by the Wizards:eyebrow:

JOSKOMANG4
01-07-2011, 11:37 PM
what about..

- Pistons acquire PF T.Murphy & 2011 1st rd pick(V/Nets v/Rockets)

C) Wallace/Maxiell/Monroe
PF) Charlie V/Murphy/Wilcox
SF) Prince/Jerebko/Daye
SG) Hamilton/T-Mac/White
PG) Stuckey/Bynum

- Nets acquire PF/SF Melo, & PG Billups

C) Lopez/Petro
PF) Melo/Humphries
SF) Outlaw/James/Graham
SG) Morrow/Sasha/Ross
PG) Billups/Farmar/Uzoh

- Nuggets acquire PG D.Harris, PF D.Favors, SG B.Gordon, & 1-2011 1st rd pick(V/Nets)

C) Nene/Anderson/Ely
PF) Martin/Favors/Williams
SF) Harrington/Balkman/Forbes
SG) Gordon/Smith/Affalo
PG) Harris/Lawson/Carter

Abel Ye
01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Yea I don't see this happening, Especially since New Jersey is asking for a first from Detroit.

Mishmin
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Might as well call Rasheed to get in on this party

Bluffmasta
01-07-2011, 11:50 PM
why dont thenuggets just bring in hamilton to play in denver wouldnt that be the same thing plus the nuggets are better then nj at the moment.

rurichie
01-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Actually the proposed trade fro what I read is:
and to tell u the truth i would give the pistons a 2nd rounder too

Nuggets get:
2 first rounders(nets)
Devin Harris
Derrick Favors

Nets get:
Rip Hamilton
Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups

Pistons get:
Troy Murphy(cap space move)

THE WALL
01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Maybe Rip and 2nd round pick(s)?

Gators123
01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
deryNBA MD
One of my #Pistons Peeps tells me absolutely NJ and Den are trying to pull Det in on this.. I know they'd likely do Rip for Murphy expiring.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 12:06 AM
why dont thenuggets just bring in hamilton to play in denver wouldnt that be the same thing plus the nuggets are better then nj at the moment.

don't you people get it by now, Melo does NOT want to be in Denver!!

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:10 AM

As a Pistons fan would you be mad at the deal? Troy is 12 million expiring.

Gators123
01-08-2011, 12:13 AM
As a Pistons fan would you be mad at the deal? Troy is 12 million expiring.

As long as the first round pick stays I'm happy.

GunFactor187
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM

^^ That. Our 1st rounder is too valuable.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM
DNW. I thought we could've swapped bad contracts with Detroit (Outlaw owed 35 over 5 for Hamilton owed 36ish over 3). The move looks so short sighted.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM

I think its fair,RIP is pretty good and can score something nobody on the nets can do, make open Js.

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 12:19 AM
I think its fair,RIP is pretty good and can score something nobody on the nets can do, make open Js.

Consistently

StriveGreatness
01-08-2011, 12:21 AM
I would be pissed as hell if Detroit gave up Rip and 1st rounder for TROY MURPHY and some other pile of crap.

Gators123
01-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Rip and Billups would love this.

IBleedPurple
01-08-2011, 12:28 AM

Because Melo is a douche, and doesn't care about winning......only about marketability

aZekuiS
01-08-2011, 12:28 AM
I would be pissed as hell if Detroit gave up Rip and 1st rounder for TROY MURPHY and some other pile of crap.

Pretty sure the deal is just for the Nets to give up the draft picks. Seems like it's just a Rip for Murphy deal, which is awesome by me. I suggested this trade last season and earlier this season. Let's hope it happens.

edit: from Broussard Twitter:
In the proposed 3-way for Melo, NJ wants Detroit to take TMurphy & JohanPetro 4 Rip and Det's 1st round pick. Pistons said No Way.

hell no.

aZekuiS
01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Rip and Billups would love this.

Absolutely. I'de love to watch them play together again.

Ty Fast
01-08-2011, 12:31 AM
if they do this they should sign sheed as well. the new jersey pistons.

Phenomenonsense
01-08-2011, 12:34 AM
if they do this they should sign sheed as well. the new jersey pistons.

They can sign prince to come off the bench too =D

MelanconMadness
01-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Why would Melo want to go to a worse team even after the trade. Rip and Chauncey dont have many years left, so Melo and Lopez would carry them to a championship? As opposed to waiting until July 1st and playing with Amare, Chandler, Gallo, and Fields

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Why would Melo want to go to a worse team even after the trade. Rip and Chauncey dont have many years left, so Melo and Lopez would carry them to a championship? As opposed to waiting until July 1st and playing with Amare, Chandler, Gallo, and Fields

he isnt waiting untill July 1st, Chauncey can be bought out in the summer for cheap money for his 17 million expiring. Which means they can get another free agent.

oak2455
01-08-2011, 12:41 AM
don't you people get it by now, Melo does NOT want to be in Denver!!

whats better in Newark:confused: I think Denver by leaps and miles is better than Jersey:eyebrow:

oak2455
01-08-2011, 12:44 AM
he isnt waiting untill July 1st, Chauncey can be bought out in the summer for cheap money for his 17 million expiring. Which means they can get another free agent.

I'm not trying to start anything but who wants to play for the Nets?? Boozer even said NAH

Chronz
01-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Pistons are stupid if they dont agree

JFresh_#8Nets
01-08-2011, 12:46 AM
whats better in Newark:confused: I think Denver by leaps and miles is better than Jersey:eyebrow:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm not trying to start anything but who wants to play for the Nets?? Boozer even said NAH

Nobody wanted to go to Knicks either...but when your the only team that offers Amare the max deal then ofcourse he is going there. Your not starting anything.

Slimsim
01-08-2011, 12:48 AM

Their pick is probably top 10 So i wouldn't' call them stupid

oak2455
01-08-2011, 12:50 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

good answer way to contribute....

Gators123
01-08-2011, 12:51 AM

We would be giving up a top 8 pick possibly and taking Petro.

DoMeFavors

I dont know why? If you look at the celebritys that live in NJ especially alpine, saddle river and the fact that it has someone of the highest income towns in the country. Thats why unless its a pent house in Manhattan, nobody really wants to live in NYC.. there are a lot of busy traffic, its smelly, bums on the street. So I dont think NJ is bad at all compared to NYC. Us in NJ so go to NY for shopping we dont want to live there by any means.

oak2455
Nobody wanted to go to Knicks either...but when your the only team that offers Amare the max deal then ofcourse he is going there. Your not starting anything.

what did you offer Boozer? Btw hows Amare doing? bad move:D

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:53 AM
what did you offer Boozer? Btw hows Amare doing? bad move:D

im not saying hes bad, im saying nobody wanted to go to KNicks. Nobody wanted Amare with that kind of contract.

oak2455
01-08-2011, 12:55 AM
I dont know why? If you look at the celebritys that live in NJ especially alpine, saddle river and the fact that it has someone of the highest income towns in the country. Thats why unless its a pent house in Manhattan, nobody really wants to live in NYC.. there are a lot of busy traffic, its smelly, bums on the street. So I dont think NJ is bad at all compared to NYC. Us in NJ so go to NY for shopping we dont want to live there by any means.

Manhattan sucks compared to NJ thats the best :laugh::laugh::laugh:

D2theJ
From every report I've seen from Broussard it seems like he loves the Knicks and hates the Nets. The Nets need to get this done even if it means they keep Petro or whatever it is. This trade won't make them elite but it will make them very good and they can still have a couple first round picks in the next couple years.

Gators123
Vee_Ellis4Freep
Also, folks got to remember #Pistons still not in position to be taking on salary with pending sale.

http://twitter.com/#!/Vee_Ellis4Freep

oak2455
01-08-2011, 12:56 AM
im not saying hes bad, im saying nobody wanted to go to KNicks. Nobody wanted Amare with that kind of contract.

ok still havent answered my question:confused: Felton is a Knick too....and the Nets signed

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
ok still havent answered my question:confused: Felton is a Knick too....and the Nets signed

I think Nets offer was 70 for Boozer and Bulls was 75. Felton is a nobody in his league you consider him a top free agent last season? Nobody will take the Knicks seriously with Felton as their starting PG. Felton is a career NBA bust and loser who never won a playoff game. Knicks are 6th seed in the east maybe to you guys its good but it still a joke to the other 5 teams. 6th seed isnt good but maybe if you have been a joke for 10 years its fine.

Nighthawk
01-08-2011, 01:02 AM
I think this gets done...This russian dude is hell bent on bring Melo to NJ. The talks have been on going for months.

Det stinks this year and seems lotto bound again so it makes sense to move RIP now and get Murphys big fat expiring. Well see.

Billups
RIP
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

Not a title contender. But its a start. That team...if put together,could go on a win streak an actually get NJ in the playoffs this year. Crazy

PC
01-08-2011, 01:04 AM
I think Nets offer was 70 for Boozer and Bulls was 75. Felton is a nobody in his league you consider him a top free agent last season? Nobody will take the Knicks seriously with Felton as their starting PG. Felton is a career NBA bust and loser who never won a playoff game. Knicks are 6th seed in the east maybe to you guys its good but it still a joke to the other 5 teams. 6th seed isnt good but maybe if you have been a joke for 10 years its fine.

I know this wasn't instigated by you but lets keep this thread on topic-it's about Melo and the Nets so please stay on that topic guys...

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:06 AM
I know this wasn't instigated by you but lets keep this thread on topic-it's about Melo and the Nets so please stay on that topic guys...

I will drop it...just for some reason that Oak guy hates the Nets and NJ in general maybe he should not be depressed with his life. I never heard him say anything positive in his posts about the Nets.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Good lord in two years when the Nets are moving to Brooklyn. Chauncey will be 36 and Rip will be 35. That is ridiculously old. If we add three years to Melo's current deal, he'll have two years of moaning and wanting out while in Brooklyn. His only support would be Brook Lopez since the rest of the guys would be inept or way past their prime.

oak2455
01-08-2011, 01:11 AM
I will drop it...just for some reason that Oak guy hates the Nets and NJ in general maybe he should not be depressed with his life. I never heard him say anything positive in his posts about the Nets.

my post was why is jersey better than denver, then you went on this ny sucks thing:confused:

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:14 AM
my post was why is jersey better than denver, then you went on this ny sucks thing:confused:

Okay DROP IT

VinceCarter
01-08-2011, 01:14 AM

I've learned to ignore him :sigh:.

All I ever hear from him are insults pointing towards Net's fans. :eyebrow:

I don't know how the mods haven't tagged him for insults/baiting yet.

Must be the :eyebrow::rolleyes::p:)

Raoul Duke
01-08-2011, 01:15 AM
There is no way that Dumars is giving up Rip and a potentially awesome first round pick just to dump salary. The Nets are kinda desperate and would probably settle for a second.

oak2455
01-08-2011, 01:24 AM
I've learned to ignore him :sigh:.

All I ever hear from him are insults pointing towards Net's fans. :eyebrow:

I don't know how the mods haven't tagged him for insults/baiting yet.

Must be the :eyebrow::rolleyes::p:)

read my post and tell me what was different from what he said:confused:

pd1dish
01-08-2011, 01:28 AM
lol.. again not a chance

youre just jealous that its not the knicks that are rumored in a 3-way deal for carmelo.

OT Thriller
01-08-2011, 01:32 AM
If this deal gets done, I smell a future Billups buyout to make room for Chris Paul in NJ/Brooklyn. And to all the people hating on New Jersey, yes, New Jersey isn't the dream location. BUT, Brooklyn is! When the team gets moved to Brooklyn, players will be dying to play there, hense the addition of Chris Paul. If I was Melo I would be considering this for sure.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 01:32 AM
We want to re-assemble a washed up Pistons team?

We should trade for Big Ben while we're at it and get Tayshaun via MLE and Rasheed for min out of retirement.

oak2455
01-08-2011, 01:34 AM
We should trade for Big Ben while we're at it and get Tayshaun via MLE and Rasheed for min out of retirement.

wheres Ben, he used to be solid

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:34 AM

Im down, now we just have to fire Avery and hire Larry Brown

Bulls_fan90
01-08-2011, 01:35 AM

:ohno: game over NBA.

knicks=love
01-08-2011, 01:41 AM
youre just jealous that its not the knicks that are rumored in a 3-way deal for carmelo.

no you're wrong. i'm pretty sure all knick fans are happy we're not involved in a 3 way deal right now including melo. why give up chandler, gallo, or fields for melo when we could just wait and have him come to us july 1st? he wants to come here.. it'll happen. quote me

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:44 AM
no you're wrong. i'm pretty sure all knick fans are happy we're not involved in a 3 way deal right now including melo. why give up chandler, gallo, or fields for melo when we could just wait and have him come to us july 1st? he wants to come here.. it'll happen. quote me

He said whatever team I go to I will sign that extension...it would suck to trade Melo for Fields since they are basicall on the same level I feel you!

NBA-GMaster
01-08-2011, 01:49 AM
I think the Nets would have to give up 5 1st rd picks to make this trade happen..

Stuckey#3
01-08-2011, 02:09 AM
I like Murphy and I like expiring deals. But Detroit's pick is most likely going to be a top 5-10 pick. Not worth it. Two second rounders and I say go for it. Or throw in Daye.

Fireworld
01-08-2011, 02:18 AM
I like the deal. Something has to happen soon.

PC
01-08-2011, 02:25 AM
I like the deal. Something has to happen soon.

But this isn't the first time the Nets have gotten close to getting Melo and I doubt it's going to be the last. I'm not saying that the Nets aren't going to get him eventually but what I am saying is that I doubt anything happens any time soon. In all likelihood this will be a deal made by the deadline

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 02:26 AM
But this isn't the first time the Nets have gotten close to getting Melo and I doubt it's going to be the last. I'm not saying that the Nets aren't going to get him eventually but what I am saying is that I doubt anything happens any time soon. In all likelihood this will be a deal made by the deadline

I agree its so stupid that they are waiting till the deadline when any team can just pull a player and make the trade less worth something.

nykobe24
01-08-2011, 02:27 AM
honestly i been hearing these carmelo to the nets rumors ever since september im starting to doubt that this guy gets traded and just goes to the knicks in the summer because this is getting ridicolous

MelanconMadness
01-08-2011, 02:29 AM

Last time I checked were 2-0 against the bulls.

And if not for a clock malfunction, 1-1 against Boston

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 02:33 AM

There is a lot of traffic in New York, you know because people actually want to go there. Newark is by far the filthiest city I have ever been to, it's population is like a quarter bum, high crime rate too. Only reason to go to Jersey is if you're lost, but Newark (it's largest city I believe) is downright filthy.

xxplayerxx23
01-08-2011, 02:36 AM
There is a lot of traffic in New York, you know because people actually want to go there. Newark is by far the filthiest city I have ever been to, it's population is like a quarter bum, high crime rate too. Only reason to go to Jersey is if you're lost, but Newark (it's largest city I believe) is downright filthy.

Agreed. Nyc>X10000000 newark. Im not a big melo fan dont like his Behavior, with that being said Love to have him as a knick :)

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 02:39 AM

Right he has to live on the door steps of the Rock.:rolleyes:

Kenny
01-08-2011, 02:42 AM
If the Nets spent as much energy on the court as they do trying to get Carmelo they would be one of the best teams in the league.

RedSoxFan2434
01-08-2011, 02:45 AM
If the Nets spent as much energy on the court as they do trying to get Carmelo they would be one of the best teams in the league.

lol true.

A core of Billups, Rip, Melo, and Lopez is solid and could be feared in the east especially with all the chemistry Billups has with Rip and Melo.

Celtics Magic and Heat are still superior IMO if this goes down. Nets would be 4th best team in East.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 02:47 AM

It's Billy King's and Bobby Marks' job to do this. It's not like it's Jordan Farmar calling up the Nuggets trying to workout a deal.

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Right he has to live on the door steps of the Rock.:rolleyes:

I'm just saying I wouldn't step anywhere near Newark again with anything short of 20 robocops and a hazmat suit. I think the city designs, atmosphere, and characters for every post-apocalyptic film ever are based at least partially on Newark.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm just saying I wouldn't step anywhere near Newark again with anything short of 20 robocops and a hazmat suit. I think the city designs, atmosphere, and characters for every post-apocalyptic film ever are based at least partially on Newark.

Do your folks not let you out of the house or something? It really isn't that bad.

Gators123
01-08-2011, 04:13 AM
WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: 'Melo's agent pushing for Rip Hamilton to head to New Jersey with Anthony as part of three-way deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-netspistonstalks010711

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 04:38 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-netspistonstalks010711

Melo's agent is on crack. Stay away.

Hindy27
01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
But Melo will never ever go to the Nets, he is 100% certain to go to the Knicks, their fans know this and have been telling us all along.

I guess Melo tells the Knicks fans more than he tells his own agent.:rolleyes:

JDMVP
01-08-2011, 08:41 AM
It will be nice to see CB and Rip in the same back court again, as for Melo I think the Nets do know that they wont probably re-sign him but what the Nets want is at least for him to come to jersey and maybe try to convince him to stay there. Nobody really knows what is gonna go down but if this deal goes down the east will be fun to watch

Corey
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
My lord, there's definitely some haters in this thread.

LETSGONETS
01-08-2011, 09:17 AM
It will be nice to see CB and Rip in the same back court again, as for Melo I think the Nets do know that they wont probably re-sign him but what the Nets want is at least for him to come to jersey and maybe try to convince him to stay there. Nobody really knows what is gonna go down but if this deal goes down the east will be fun to watch

The only way the deal goes down is if he agrees to sign the extension. Nets FO is dumb but not that dumb

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Do your folks not let you out of the house or something? It really isn't that bad.

Obviously joking a bit, but honestly Newark is a pretty filthy city.

NBA-GMaster
01-08-2011, 10:03 AM
If they trade Harris, Favors, Murphy and Petro plus 3-4 picks for Melo, Billups and Hamilton, Nets are $11M over the cap(need to trade 2-3 more players to make this happen)..

sagemania
01-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Rip is done. He just looks terrible out there.

obcha22
01-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Hamilton is going to be 33, and billups 35. Rip is good but on the downslide and billups is a great leader but a 35 year old pg. Why would melo want this? they will not win a ring with that roster. And in two years they will be an old roster at the guard position. Sounds like a bad deal for everyone.
It will put people in the seats for sure. But a long term fiasco. Nets have good young players and a mess of draft picks. Why not sit tight and see who might be in the draft this year. If there is a PF to pair with lopez and a lights out shooter this team could be set for years

Antipod
01-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Another day, another twist, another trade scenario... I can` stand this circus anymore

colinskik
01-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Dude, Newark smells like dirty trash ***, cmon.

I know some people have been overly idiotic when talking about the Nets, ie Oak, and personally I would love to see Melo in NJ/BK wit Rip and Chauncey, even as a Knick fan, but Newark is really the worst place in America.

That guy got it right when he said it looks like a post apocalyptic model. Some parts of Jersey are alright ... not Newark.

oak2455
01-08-2011, 10:55 AM

I know some people have been overly idiotic when talking about the Nets, ie Oak, and personally I would love to see Melo in NJ/BK wit Rip and Chauncey, even as a Knick fan, but Newark is really the worst place in America.

That guy got it right when he said it looks like a post apocalyptic model. Some parts of Jersey are alright ... not Newark.

What did I say.....please tell me?

bty85
01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Listen I live in Newark and its not dirty and filthy as your making it out to be and if you went to a nets game you'd see that stick to basketball instead of snotty city remarks

faze38
01-08-2011, 10:59 AM
This trade is just straight awful no way that Melo signs off on this. I mean Denver is really trying to tell Melo were gonna send u to an older and worse version of us and then were gonna take all of their draft picks so they have very little chance to improve over the next few years. On top of that then the Nets want the Pistons first rounder come on now. I hope the Pistons aren't that dumb because that is a straight rip off. I mean how are they suppose to rebuild with out a pick in a deep draft class.

MikefromMars
01-08-2011, 11:10 AM
You can go into luxury tax if you go over the cap in a trade. The important thing is that the salaries match.

I keep thinking, Can New Jersey acquire Steve Nash and Carmello? It would probably be hard to match salaries.

faze38
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Hamilton is going to be 33, and billups 35. Rip is good but on the downslide and billups is a great leader but a 35 year old pg. Why would melo want this? they will not win a ring with that roster. And in two years they will be an old roster at the guard position. Sounds like a bad deal for everyone.
It will put people in the seats for sure. But a long term fiasco. Nets have good young players and a mess of draft picks. Why not sit tight and see who might be in the draft this year. If there is a PF to pair with lopez and a lights out shooter this team could be set for years

+1 except I think they found there PF of the future they just need to hold on to those picks and they might just get lucky and have 2 top 10 picks that can net them the PG and SG/SF that they need to be good. Imagine K.Walker and K.Irving on the Nets roster they would be bad for maybe 2 more years but after those two guys mature and they make a trade using Harris to bring in a quality glue man or a SF they could be a problem. Slow and steady is the pace that the Nets need to go! Melo and two older guards is not gonna make them championship contenders and in 2 years they will go from the 5th or 6th seed to an 8th with Melo breaking his back trying to carry them.

Chill_Will_24
01-08-2011, 11:19 AM
To all the people bashing NJ as a city cuz of crime rate get ****ing real!!! Melo is from the hood! You think he cares about that especially when he wouldnt even be living in the ghetto parts? Yea a rich guy like him will be chilling and crackin jokes with the drug dealers in the corners of the projects. :rolleyes: stick to basketball and leave all the ignorant stuff aside kiddies. I know your angry but it's not NJs fault that Melo cares more about money than winning.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Whats such a big deal where the guy plays? Even if he wants to live in NYC if he wanted to its a 10 minute drive from Newark. He wont be living there. In NFL people could careless where they actaully play the game in. Didnt know thats so important.

Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Leon Rose, agent for Carmelo Anthony and Richard Hamilton, is the driving force behind the three-team deal what would send Hamilton and his NBA championship backcourt mate Chauncey Billups to the Nets along with Anthony.

Rose wants the Nets to dramatically upgrade their roster before 'Melo agrees to a $65 million extension. If the Nets can make this deal happen, it could open the doors to another client, Chris Paul, joining the team as it journeys to Brooklyn. He reports the deal is nowhere near done. Detroit, which wants to dump Hamilton

Young and Stupid
01-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Rose wants the Nets to dramatically upgrade their roster before 'Melo agrees to a $65 million extension. If the Nets can make this deal happen, it could open the doors to another client, Chris Paul, joining the team as it journeys to Brooklyn.

Source: Woj (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-netspistonstalks010711)

This is what could ultimately entice Melo to sign an extension with the NEW JERSEY Nets. I'd still be surprised if he ends up with the Nets, but we'll see.

IndiansFan337
01-08-2011, 11:33 AM

New Jersey would have to give up a ton for these three. It would be great to see Rip and Chauncey together again. Reminds me of what couldve happened in Detroit had the Pistons not taken Darko.

This isn't going to happen. I don't see the Nets wanting Hamilton's massive contract.

Hype
01-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Careful what you're doing here NJ, you are basically trading a younger Amare Staudalmire (Favors) for Carmelo. Plus your in the East and have to compete w/ mega loaded teams like Orlando, Boston and of course Miami. Yeah, Carmelo sounds great now, but....there's not even a guarantee Lopez will stay after his contract is up. Then what? A very old mash up of the Pistons and Nuggets? Yikes.

Hype
01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
BTW, Favors is very gracious to NBA fans. Took an extra 15 minutes before he went on the bus after the T-Wolves vs. Nets game to sign autographs for everyone that was waiting outside in the cold.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Careful what you're doing here NJ, you are basically trading a younger Amare Staudalmire (Favors) for Carmelo. Plus your in the East and have to compete w/ mega loaded teams like Orlando, Boston and of course Miami. Yeah, Carmelo sounds great now, but....there's not even a guarantee Lopez will stay after his contract is up. Then what? A very old mash up of the Pistons and Nuggets? Yikes.

Did you even think before writing this? Favors has been nothing like Amare, the Nets and the Owner want a star going into Brooklyn and want to compete. No way Brook leaves.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-08-2011, 11:52 AM
When this all hits the fan and Melo crushes Nets fans hopes I will be on the floor with laughter. He may never reach the Knicks but NJ fans hurling insults b4 they even get the guy is comical... Lmao at the guy who said Felton is nothing. He's having a better season than any1 in a Nets Jersey

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 11:55 AM
When this all hits the fan and Melo crushes Nets fans hopes I will be on the floor with laughter. He may never reach the Knicks but NJ fans hurling insults b4 they even get the guy is comical... Lmao at the guy who said Felton is nothing. He's having a better season than any1 in a Nets Jersey

You must really want Melo...Knick fans overate their players like crazy, Felton is basically nothing he might be a good player but nowhere near Cp3 or even Derrick Rose. Steve Nash is twice the player Felton is. I remember even last year when Nets won 12 games they beat the Bobcats twice and Harris stomped all over Felton.

Young and Stupid
01-08-2011, 12:00 PM
You must really want Melo...Knick fans overate their players like crazy, Felton is basically nothing he might be a good player but nowhere near Cp3 or even Derrick Rose. Steve Nash is twice the player Felton is. I remember even last year when Nets won 12 games they beat the Bobcats twice and Harris stomped all over Felton.

Once again, we (Nets fans) apologize for DoMeFavors' behavior. We also apologize for any further disturbances he may (and WILL) cause. His opinion and/or mindset is not indicative of the rest of the population, in fact we'd appreciate it if you separate his thoughts from ours. Hopefully, we can move forward amicably and continue to slowly repair the relationship between Nets and Knicks fans. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Our players are underrated, no one, not even most knicks fans expected us to be doing as well as we are doing right now, this is, because our players play has exceeded our expectations, as well as most analysts and NBA fans expectations. No one every said Felton is better than Rose or CP3 or Nash, nice strawman. You guys were the ones overrating your players in the offseason, OMFG Travis Outlaw and Morrow are perennial ****ing superstars (sucks you can't have co-MVPs huh).

faze38
01-08-2011, 12:08 PM

What is happening to Felton right now is called improvement and last time I checked Felton just kicked a mud hole in Nash's chest with his first triple double! On top of that he out played CP3 and has been apart of a team that has beaten Rose twice! The funny part about last year is that it was last year! Felton is a whole new player and last he faced Harris he dropped 20 and 10 and held Harris to 8 pts and 3 ast.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-08-2011, 12:09 PM
That was last year buddy.. And im fine Melo or no Melo.... Felton squatted on the Bulls twice and smacked NJ silly.. Basketball wise how can u talk when ur team is struggling. Your best player rebounds worse than Amare (Lopez)
Ur offseason star Outlaw is horrible
Ur best players are Lakers leftovers and Kris Humphries
And in order to get Melo ur gonna have to gut an already terrible roster.
Meanwhile across the river we are in the playoff hunt .
We have beaten the Bulls, OKC, Den, San Antonio, jus recently smashing Nash and the Suns and lost close games to Orlando and the Heat,Boston. And we still have our cap space. U Nets fans spend so much time hating us its crazy. Ive read ur boards and laugh at the comments that they r fine with Melo going anywhere but NY. If or when u get Melo I hope u guys can breathe easy.....

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Our players are underrated, no one, not even most knicks fans expected us to be doing as well as we are doing right now, this is, because our players play has exceeded our expectations, most analysts, and NBA fans expectations. No one every said Felton is better than Rose or CP3 or Nash, nice strawman. You guys were the ones overrating your players in the offseason, OMFG Travis Outlaw and Morrow are perennial ****ing superstars (sucks you can't have co-MVPs huh).

I hate Outlaw and will trash any players on the Nets, when Knicks were the worst team for like 7 yrs the fans still called their players great. Calling Amare an MVP :eyebrow: ? An MVP doesnt get 6th seed, and Knicks arent doing well they are 6th in the East. So why dont you guys at the Garden do your :clap: and chant MVP and wear your Melo Knick Jerseys and King James Knick Jerseys and :clap: for CP3 and Dwight.

Young and Stupid
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
That was last year buddy.. And im fine Melo or no Melo.... Felton squatted on the Bulls twice and smacked NJ silly.. Basketball wise how can u talk when ur team is struggling. Your best player rebounds worse than Amare (Lopez)
Ur offseason star Outlaw is horrible
Ur best players are Lakers leftovers and Kris Humphries
And in order to get Melo ur gonna have to gut an already terrible roster.
Meanwhile across the river we are in the playoff hunt .
We have beaten the Bulls, OKC, Den, San Antonio, jus recently smashing Nash and the Suns and lost close games to Orlando and the Heat,Boston. And we still have our cap space. U Nets fans spend so much time hating us its crazy. Ive read ur boards and laugh at the comments that they r fine with Melo going anywhere but NY. If or when u get Melo I hope u guys can breathe easy.....

I agree with everything you said and I'm a Nets fan.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Once again, we (Nets fans) apologize for DoMeFavors' behavior. We also apologize for any further disturbances he may (and WILL) cause. His opinion and/or mindset is not indicative of the rest of the population, in fact we'd appreciate it if you separate his thoughts from ours. Hopefully, we can move forward amicably and continue to slowly repair the relationship between Nets and Knicks fans. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank u bro.. Good luck 2 u.. Those 2 are ridiculous

joeboow90
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
LMAOOOO the nets really think this is a good idea?? billups and hamilton are not the same players they used to be. This might have been a good idea 5 years ago....but now....lol i laugh at the nets they're trying so hard to get Melo and some other pieces. If they were actually smart they would keep some draft picks build through the draft and use an expiring/older player with some picks to bring a quality player in there who still has some life left not hamilton or billups ahaah SMH

faze38
01-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Whats such a big deal where the guy plays? Even if he wants to live in NYC if he wanted to its a 10 minute drive from Newark. He wont be living there. In NFL people could careless where they actaully play the game in. Didnt know thats so important.

Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Leon Rose, agent for Carmelo Anthony and Richard Hamilton, is the driving force behind the three-team deal what would send Hamilton and his NBA championship backcourt mate Chauncey Billups to the Nets along with Anthony.

Rose wants the Nets to dramatically upgrade their roster before 'Melo agrees to a $65 million extension. If the Nets can make this deal happen, it could open the doors to another client, Chris Paul, joining the team as it journeys to Brooklyn. He reports the deal is nowhere near done. Detroit, which wants to dump Hamilton

No way you guys get CP3 and Melo! It would be nice tho to see D.Will join the Knicks and CP3 join the Nets because those games would be some intense battles!

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
LMAOOOO the nets really think this is a good idea?? billups and hamilton are not the same players they used to be. This might have been a good idea 5 years ago....but now....lol i laugh at the nets they're trying so hard to get Melo and some other pieces. If they were actually smart they would keep some draft picks build through the draft and use an expiring/older player with some picks to bring a quality player in there who still has some life left not hamilton or billups ahaah SMH

LMAOOOO!!! Knicks tried so hard last year trading their 1st round to get Tmac to get more cap space to get LeBron because he wants to play in the garden like every player in the league!!! Because its not about winning its about playing at the Mecca!! and about getting more money in ads and posters with their faces on it!! Isnt that what Knicks showed LeBron in their project?

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:16 PM
No way you guys get CP3 and Melo! It would be nice tho to see D.Will join the Knicks and CP3 join the Nets because those games would be some intense battles!

I dont disagree at all

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 12:18 PM
lulz. a 34 year old billups and a 32 year old hamilton?? maybe in 2002.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 12:18 PM
what makes you think this trade is going to happen. The Pistons aren't that dumb

nystandup
01-08-2011, 12:24 PM
LMAOOOO!!! Knicks tried so hard last year trading their 1st round to get Tmac to get more cap space to get LeBron because he wants to play in the garden like every player in the league!!! Because its not about winning its about playing at the Mecca!! and about getting more money in ads and posters with their faces on it!! Isnt that what Knicks showed LeBron in their project?

Because nothin beats the Nets Blueprint for Greatness marketing strategy :facepalm: lol

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Because nothin beats the Nets Blueprint for Greatness marketing strategy :facepalm: lol

Whats funnier is when people chant MVP to Amare. LOL

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-08-2011, 12:28 PM

Lmao!!!! At the nets trying to do the same thing as us.. Didn't Chicago let KH go as well.. Oh yeah we were the only team to strike out.. We only got the second leading scorer in the NBA as a consolation prize and a decent pg in Felton who is having an borderline all-star season avg 19pts 9 assists. Also lmao at trying to use ur minority owner in Jay Z to get the very first Lebron meeting .... That worked out well as well as the Blueprint for greatness billboard that quickly got pulled down immediately after u guys whiffed on every major free agent... U guys don't even have enough of a crowd for a MVP whisper.. The garden is rocking and ur jealousy is showing. No Melo = no more DoMeFavors bcuz no major players will be left to join u guys 4 years... Ur def getting nervous buddy. I hope u guys get him if we dont so u guys will leave us alone....

nystandup
01-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Whats funnier is when people chant MVP to Amare. LOL

Whats funny is he actual has a chance of winning it.

keep sticking to your blueprint for greatness

faze38
01-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I hate Outlaw and will trash any players on the Nets, when Knicks were the worst team for like 7 yrs the fans still called their players great. Calling Amare an MVP :eyebrow: ? An MVP doesnt get 6th seed, and Knicks arent doing well they are 6th in the East. So why dont you guys at the Garden do your :clap: and chant MVP and wear your Melo Knick Jerseys and King James Knick Jerseys and :clap: for CP3 and Dwight.

Yeah man I can't believe these Knicks fans! They really think that a player who is 2nd in scoring and 4th in blocks is an MVP canidate. I mean he didn't just lead them to 2.5 games out of 3rd. Yeah I forgot tho they have to face the tough West now and have no chance against the Spurs and other teams coming up on there schedule. So they are def gonna fall out of the top 6 in a few weeks. Please man don't hate on us because Donnie said he is gonna sign Chandler to a long term contract. Yes I remember u in our forum, saying I hope the Nets steal Chandler from u guys! So how about u stop jocking our team and worry about yours!

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Lmao!!!! At the nets trying to do the same thing as us.. Didn't Chicago let KH go as well.. Oh yeah we were the only team to strike out.. We only got the second leading scorer in the NBA as a consolation prize and a decent pg in Felton who is having an borderline all-star season avg 19pts 9 assists. Also lmao at trying to use ur minority owner in Jay Z to get the very first Lebron meeting .... That worked out well as well as the Blueprint for greatness billboard that quickly got pulled down immediately after u guys whiffed on every major free agent... U guys don't even have enough of a crowd for a MVP whisper.. The garden is rocking and ur jealousy is showing. No Melo = no more DoMeFavors bcuz no major players will be left to join u guys 4 years... Ur def getting nervous buddy. I hope u guys get him if we dont so u guys will leave us alone....

Im happy with Jayz being an owner, rather than having Spike Lee sitting courtside wearing a Landry Fields jersey. Or the men in suits in the first 20 rows that arent even basketball fans. I remeber that first Tmac game where he had like 26 and Knick fans were going crazy saying he is back to form and will be taking less money to play with LeBron. Its kind of sad how Knick fans will cheer LeBron and now boo him.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah man I can't believe these Knicks fans! They really think that a player who is 2nd in scoring and 4th in blocks is an MVP canidate. I mean he didn't just lead them to 2.5 games out of 3rd. Yeah I forgot tho they have to face the tough West now and have no chance against the Spurs and other teams coming up on there schedule. So they are def gonna fall out of the top 6 in a few weeks. Please man don't hate on us because Donnie said he is gonna sign Chandler to a long term contract. Yes I remember u in our forum, saying I hope the Nets steal Chandler from u guys! So how about u stop jocking our team and worry about yours!

I kinda feel bad for DoMeFavors because he is usually the only Net fan that tries to defend his team but quite honestly there's not much to defend when our 2nd round draft pick is contributing more than Derrick Favors

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I think he's angry at how the Wizards smacked em silly last night and he's just venting.... I'm done wit this.. Good luck NJ.. I wish u nets fans who are not obnoxious the best.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Im happy with Jayz being an owner, rather than having Spike Lee sitting courtside wearing a Landry Fields jersey. Or the men in suits in the first 20 rows that arent even basketball fans. I remeber that first Tmac game where he had like 26 and Knick fans were going crazy saying he is back to form and will be taking less money to play with LeBron. Its kind of sad how Knick fans will cheer LeBron and now boo him.

You do realize that Jay Z comes to Knick games dont you? Isn't he part owner of your team or something?

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:36 PM

I like a lot of the Knick players, but I am an old school kind of fan where I like fan debating. Wilson Chandler is really good, its not like im saying nobody on the Knicks is good. I would take a lot of the Knick players, like Amare, Felton, Chandler, Douglas, Roger Mason.

Hustla23
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Wow, this little bit of damage control is priceless.

Have you ever considered doing P.R.? :laugh: :laugh:

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I think he's angry at how the Wizards smacked em silly last night and he's just venting.... I'm done wit this.. Good luck NJ.. I wish u nets fans who are not obnoxious the best.

Everyone has bad loses like a game where Kevin Love had a 30 and 30 game.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
The same Jayz who's at more Knick games than net games????? I feel4 u homie... It's gonna be ok... Ur just reaching right now cuz ur season is over and Melo is ur only hope in the very near future

Hellcrooner
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
i wonder what part of " Im not resigning in >Denver and im not signing an extension unles they trade me exactly where i want, and im not resigning in new jersey" have the nets officials not understood.

faze38
01-08-2011, 12:40 PM
You do realize that Jay Z comes to Knick games dont you? Isn't he part owner of your team or something?

That's a low blow!! I mean it's already common knowledge that Jay-Z tried to buy a part of the Knicks and Dolan told him he's not selling but I guess some guys from Jersey forget that the Nets were his second choice!

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 12:41 PM
we just need to do a damn trade. this team is laughable. it's not as bad as last season, but its still just plain bad.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:41 PM
i wonder what part of " Im not resigning in >Denver and im not signing an extension unles they trade me exactly where i want, and im not resigning in new jersey" have the nets officials not understood.

He never said once that he isnt signing in NJ, he said he isnt signing in Charlotte.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Everyone has bad loses like a game where Kevin Love had a 30 and 30 game.

True.. Talk to me when u win 10 games tho... We are on our 21st.. U might not see that til March

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Best of luck to the Nets if they get a deal done. Should put them in the running for the 8 seed. I still think they are better off building the way the Thunder did but more power too you.

Hellcrooner
01-08-2011, 12:43 PM
the best part of this is that eveyr net and knick fan is thining they got the dude tied up and the recent happenignis in L.A tell me theres a good chance they trade bynum or pau for melo at the deadline.

Wich is not a good idea kobe + melo = trouble bout touches and "whos boss" specially if Pau is still around.

But yet they will make the trade.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
True.. Talk to me when u win 10 games tho... We are on our 21st.. U might not see that til March

Nets have won 10 so far, Knicks have an all star something Nets dont have, I expect the Knicks to be better. But I dont think Knicks get out of the 1st round of playoffs since nobody besides Amare has playoff experience. Most of the guys have been on the Knicks and Felton has never won a playoff game.

Hustla23
01-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Wow, DoMeFavors, dude what is your issue man? Lol.

I apologize for any unwarranted Nets bashing that has occurred, but just let it go man.

As for the thread, this just seems like a genuinely terrible idea for the Nets.

Even if they get these guys, they're so damn old that their window is what? Realistically 1 or 2 years? What's the point of that?

The Nets have so many young players and like 5 million draft picks and they wanna just ruin all that?

I'll tell you what, honestly speaking. If the Knicks hadn't gotten Amare and obligated themselves to win now, I'd love to be in the Nets position, with a talented young center, power forward with immense upside, and other young pieces, and billions of draft picks.

Here's a chance to build an OKC type team through the draft, and really build a team with great longevity. Whyyyy throw it away?

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow, DoMeFavors, dude what is your issue man? Lol.

I apologize for any unwarranted Nets bashing that has occurred, but just let it go man.

As for the thread, this just seems like a genuinely terrible idea for the Nets.

Even if they get these guys, they're so damn old that their window is what? Realistically 1 or 2 years? What's the point of that?

The Nets have so many young players and like 5 million draft picks and they wanna just ruin all that?

I'll tell you what, honestly speaking. If the Knicks hadn't gotten Amare and obligated themselves to win now, I'd love to be in the Nets position, with a talented young center, power forward with immense upside, and other young pieces, and billions of draft picks.

Here's a chance to build an OKC type team through the draft, and really build a team with great longevity. Whyyyy throw it away?

Its just debating, I think its fun to do with Knick fans. Both have good points and I want the rivalry back. Nets cant do what OKC did because OKC has really good scouts and Kevin Durant. Nets will never get a durant in the draft. Clippers have gone with a young team for year in Eric Gordon, Aminu, Griffin, Jordan and they arent good. It doesnt always work out that way.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Nets have won 10 so far, Knicks have an all star something Nets dont have, I expect the Knicks to be better. But I dont think Knicks get out of the 1st round of playoffs since nobody besides Amare has playoff experience. Most of the guys have been on the Knicks and Felton has never won a playoff game.

I think your forgetting that we are in our first year of the turnaround plan. Nobody here thinks the Knicks are going far in the playoffs. We won 29 games last year.

Gram
01-08-2011, 12:52 PM

Wow you're being stupid. Felton isn't a bust. And he's been to the playoffs once against Orlando. The Knicks bit hard last year so I think a sixth seed is alright for a team with a new look. So just shut the hell up.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 12:58 PM
i find this kinda funny.

According to a source, one of the main reasons that the Nets are pursuing Carmelo Anthony is to try to prevent him from landing in New York.

"One source said the Nets are equally determined to keep Anthony away from the Knicks. They already are a distant second to the Knicks in the standings and attention, and seeing Anthony across the river, where he prefers to be, would be crushing."

Via New York Post

Read more: http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/71022/20110108/nets_determined_to_keep_carmelo_away_from_knicks/#ixzz1ASp3IORv

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 12:58 PM
i agree with developing players like the thunder. the nets need to just be ****ing patient and let their players develop. i think we should just trade for a veteran player like rip, trade for a developing young point guard, and draft a sf in the draft. they'll be fine. but if billy king trades 5 ****ing draft picks, derrick favors, harris, and murphy for melo and some scrub, i'd be the angriest nets fan in the world.

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 12:59 PM
i find this kinda funny.

According to a source, one of the main reasons that the Nets are pursuing Carmelo Anthony is to try to prevent him from landing in New York.

"One source said the Nets are equally determined to keep Anthony away from the Knicks. They already are a distant second to the Knicks in the standings and attention, and seeing Anthony across the river, where he prefers to be, would be crushing."

Via New York Post

Read more: http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/71022/20110108/nets_determined_to_keep_carmelo_away_from_knicks/#ixzz1ASp3IORv

its true. why so suprised?

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I hate Outlaw and will trash any players on the Nets, when Knicks were the worst team for like 7 yrs the fans still called their players great.

12 wins is all I have to say. Enjoy mediocrity for the next 10 years.

Calling Amare an MVP :eyebrow: ? An MVP doesnt get 6th seed, and Knicks arent doing well they are 6th in the East.

Well analysts far more intelligent than yourself (not saying much) say otherwise.

So why dont you guys at the Garden do your :clap: and chant MVP and wear your Melo Knick Jerseys and King James Knick Jerseys and :clap: for CP3 and Dwight.

Why don't you guys at the filthy broken down warehouse you call an arena get on your knees and pray that you get the first overall pick for the next five years so your team can hope to be good enough to compete for the 10th best record in the east.

Atownballa5
01-08-2011, 01:03 PM

nets already have 10 wins, know what your talking about first. why are so many knicks fans so annoying. most of you guys think EVERY star is just begging to be a knick, you guys finally are having a good season look how many years nets were good while knicks werent.

nets are having two bad seasons while knicks finally got a decent record. even if nets do suck thats why theyre trying to make trades.

nystandup
its true. why so suprised?

I didn't say i was surprised, I said I thought it was funny...

DoMeFavors
12 wins is all I have to say. Enjoy mediocrity for the next 10 years.

Well analysts far more intelligent than yourself (not saying much) say otherwise.

Why don't you guys at the filthy broken down warehouse you call an arena get on your knees and pray that you get the first overall pick for the next five years so your team can hope to be good enough to compete for the 10th best record in the east.

29 wins and the last 10 yrs is all I have to say! All I got to say is booing every draft pick they get and then overating them a month later.

netsgiantsyanks
:pity: domefavors, do me a favor and just stop. your arguements arent getting anywhere.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 01:06 PM
29 wins and the last 10 yrs is all I have to say! All I got to say is booing every draft pick they get and then overating them a month later.

You do realize your contradicting"All you have to say"

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy-MwAa1rsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YImOlNR2dVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfqKR0YqShM

awesome stuff

nystandup
01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy-MwAa1rsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YImOlNR2dVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfqKR0YqShM

awesome stuff

Now this is something that we can agree on. Love the Gallo pick and love the rautins and Fields picks. Cant wait for them to hold the Lottery at The Rock lol makes sense for them to

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Harris: 10-11 NJN 34 34 31.4 0.439 0.308 0.829 0.2 2.4 2.6 6.8 1.0 0.1 2.9 2.5 16.6

Felton: 10-11 NYK 35 35 38.9 0.447 0.356 0.868 0.9 3.0 3.9 8.7 1.9 0.2 3.5 2.2 18.3

So if Felton is "nothing" in this league as you say, what is Devin Harris? And If the Knicks are a "joke" to the other teams in the playoffs, what exactly are the 10-26 Nets?

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/01/07/race-to-mvp-week-11/index.html

Tell me who number 1 is and then tell me how funny it is that Knicks fans chant MVP. The guy is the second leading scorer in the entire NBA and leads the team, a team that in 1 year has gone from a lottery team to a playoff team. We will gladly cheer our MVP because and clap at the Garden because at least WE have a winning team to cheer for unlike the boys down there in NEWARK.

Bout time :clap:

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Ok can we put an end to this and all just admit the Nets are better?

Young and Stupid
01-08-2011, 01:17 PM
i find this kinda funny.

Via New York Post

I think every one who has followed this story -- even minimally -- knows that the Nets are doing this to prevent Anthony from getting to the Knicks. This isn't about basketball, it's purely a business-move for the Nets. A terrible basketball-move, but a shrewd business-move. That's why Nets fans are so frustrated, because it's not about performance on the court, it's about revenue and marketing.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I think every one who has followed this story -- even minimally -- knows that the Nets are doing this to prevent Anthony from getting to the Knicks. This isn't about basketball, it's purely a business-move for the Nets. A terrible basketball-move, but a shrewd business-move. That's why Nets fans are so frustrated, because it's not about performance on the court, it's about revenue and marketing.

I still feel the Nets would be better off keeping there assets and building through the draft. Melo isnt bringing them a championship anytime soon, especially when there is no draft picks to bring in new talent, they would just have to bank on CP3 coming next year.

nystandup
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM

If i'm Melo I decline a trade to the Nets for this exact reason.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:22 PM
I still feel the Nets would be better off keeping there assets and building through the draft. Melo isnt bringing them a championship anytime soon, especially when there is no draft picks to bring in new talent, they would just have to bank on CP3 coming next year.

Will only add players when Melo is here, the nets actually would still have Lakers pick this year, 2 picks next year and there own in 2013. Nets are fine, Knicks have nothing to get better.

faze38
01-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Its just debating, I think its fun to do with Knick fans. Both have good points and I want the rivalry back. Nets cant do what OKC did because OKC has really good scouts and Kevin Durant. Nets will never get a durant in the draft. Clippers have gone with a young team for year in Eric Gordon, Aminu, Griffin, Jordan and they arent good. It doesnt always work out that way.

I have to ask if u watch college basketball because there are some good players this year! Irving, Barnes, Walker and Knight are all impact players. As far as the Clippers not being good give them another year or two and we will see if Griffen doesn't make them a playoff team. The man is young and is only going to improve. If he develops a 20 footer all I can say is watch out cause they will be dangerous!

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
A first-round draft pick from the Pistons to the Nets is not seen as a hold-up in the deal. Want a hold-up? Try working 17 guys into a trade.http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/nets_shootin_for_mega_melo_deal_E9KQBlITYaG9H7hWvr CeDN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

17 guys? wth?

Young and Stupid
01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
If i'm Melo I decline a trade to the Nets for this exact reason.

I agree, that's why I still think he'll end up on the Knicks. It's not a matter of the Nets being able to pull off a trade, it's a matter of Melo signing the extension. We may see how desperate the Nets are, in the event that Melo doesn't agree to sign an extension they may trade for him without a guarantee and attempt to lobby and leverage him into doing it. The Nets' desperation is comical.

I think every logical Nets fan agrees with you, but as I said it's not about competing on the court, it's about competing in ticket sales and TV revenue. Which is sad.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Will only add players when Melo is here, the nets actually would still have Lakers pick this year, 2 picks next year and there own in 2013. Nets are fine, Knicks have nothing to get better.

The Knicks have a draft pick this year, and in every year after next year. And we have this little thing called cap space to bring in free agents so where do the Knicks have "nothing to get better"?

Oh and we have the Garden and the heart of NYC, a place where FA's actually want to play, I dont remember the line of all-stars that have said they are dying to go to Newark. Even your minority owner wanted the Knicks. He only settled on the Nets when the Knicks said no. I guess thats the life of a Nets fan though, having to take what the Knicks dont want

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
The Knicks have a draft pick this year, and in every year after next year. And we have this little thing called cap space to bring in free agents so where do the Knicks have "nothing to get better"?

Oh and we have the Garden and the heart of NYC, a place where FA's actually want to play, I dont remember the line of all-stars that have said they are dying to go to Newark. Even your minority owner wanted the Knicks. He only settled on the Nets when the Knicks said no. I guess thats the life of a Nets fan though, having to take what the Knicks dont want

A lot of that cap space will be for current 2 million dollar Wilson Chadler, what free agents are Knicks going to get??
BTW I love when Amare dunks it and then makes a shh sign. Its only a matter of time before this is all settled, but even when that happends Knick fans will move onto CP3 and Dwight.

JWO35
01-08-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/nets_shootin_for_mega_melo_deal_E9KQBlITYaG9H7hWvr CeDN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

17 guys? wth?

No way, it must be a 4th unknown team...17 players in a 3 Team-Trade would be an average of 6 players moving elsewhere on each team

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
A lot of that cap space will be for current 2 million dollar Wilson Chadler, what free agents are Knicks going to get??
BTW I love when Amare dunks it and then makes a shh sign. Its only a matter of time before this is all settled, but even when that happends Knick fans will move onto CP3 and Dwight.

Again, Im am not saying the Knicks are getting Melo, not if the Nets are gonna give up 4 draft picks and the 3rd overall pick from this years draft.

And the Knicks will be able to get FA's, that isnt a problem, when you have money, a winning team, and are playing at the Garden, it isnt hard to attract players.

And yeah I love when Amar'e does that too.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I have to ask if u watch college basketball because there are some good players this year! Irving, Barnes, Walker and Knight are all impact players. As far as the Clippers not being good give them another year or two and we will see if Griffen doesn't make them a playoff team. The man is young and is only going to improve. If he develops a 20 footer all I can say is watch out cause they will be dangerous!

Whatsup w/ Barnes? Why is he so inefficient?

Walker is incredibly overrated.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Again, Im am not saying the Knicks are getting Melo, not if the Nets are gonna give up 4 draft picks and the 3rd overall pick from this years draft.

And the Knicks will be able to get FA's, that isnt a problem, when you have money, a winning team, and are playing at the Garden, it isnt hard to attract players.

And yeah I love when Amar'e does that too.

If Nets do get Melo and get other big names, also Knicks get free agents the games will be pretty insane.

Hindy27
01-08-2011, 01:43 PM
10-26

12-70

Not much you can say about winning recently, keep being bitter and down playing the Knicks being the 6th seed, cause the Nets would need a total roster overhaul to even sniff that this year. There is a reason no one messes with Clippers fans, because when their team is pathetic, their fans keep their mouths shut, maybe you should try it.
First time in a decade the Knicks have a winning record and the fans start bagging other teams for their records, it'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

smith&wesson
01-08-2011, 01:44 PM
"The proposed deal would send prized Nets rookie Derrick Favors, former All-Star guard Devin Harris and at least two first-round picks to the Nuggets in exchange for their franchise player." :puke:

Your giving up a good young point gaurd in harris, a great prospect in favors who has soo much potential and two first round picks ?

does any one else realize that rip is 32 and billups is 34 ??

all the nets are really getting for there present and near future is anthony. thats crazy man.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 01:44 PM
If Nets do get Melo and get other big names, also Knicks get free agents the games will be pretty insane.

Imagine if the Nets get Melo and CP3 and the Knicks find a way to get D12

Talk about a battle

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Imagine if the Nets get Melo and CP3 and the Knicks find a way to get D12

Talk about a battle

yup, or a playoff series where it isnt one sided like in 04..since it would be both in NY you would see a Yankees Mets 2000 rivalry. Also with the owners taking shots at each other. Would be a really good story to play out.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 01:47 PM
"The proposed deal would send prized Nets rookie Derrick Favors, former All-Star guard Devin Harris and at least two first-round picks to the Nuggets in exchange for their franchise player." :puke:

Your giving up a good yonge point gaurd in harris, a great prospect in favors who has soo much potential and two first round picks ?

does any one else realize that rip is 32 and billups is 34 ??

all the nets are really getting for there present and near future is anthony.

I honestly don't know. But if we're only giving up 2 draft picks and getting one back from Detroit, We'll have 4 draft picks still over the next two years. I'm guessing our front office is banking on grabbing a star FA. I don't get it though. Brook's contract situation will make it hard to obtain a star FA in 2011. I'd rather keep our guys and swing for Rip and that Pistons first so we have 6 firsts in two years. I would also trade Harris because he's not getting any younger and when our guys reach their peak, Harris will be declining. Since Harris' best asset is his speed, he doesn't look like he'll age gracefully.

faze38
01-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Whatsup w/ Barnes? Why is he so inefficient?

Walker is incredibly overrated.

For one Barnes is young and is only improving u can see that if u watch his first game from now! I mean he's a kid but it's easy to see his potential I think he should stay in college for longer then he most likely will but he is still worth a top 10 pick right now.

Walker is carrying Uconn on his back and u think the man is overrated. I mean he gets double and triple teamed every game and still keeps Uconn in games or wins them. The man is dangerous finishes well with contact, is great in transition and can create for himself and others. If Uconn had a little more help around him they could easily be the best team in college basketball but unfortunatly for him he is on his own.

cheetos185
01-08-2011, 01:57 PM
First time in a decade the Knicks have a winning record and the fans start bagging other teams for their records, it'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

nets have been losing for 2 years straight even without amare knicks had better record than nets losers only bark ;)

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 01:58 PM

I guess it just depends on what you're used to. I walk to the Newark station after Red Bulls games cuz the Harrison station is packed for half an hour back and it isn't as bad as kf42 was making it out to be. The only places Melo has to be for one and a half years are the Rock and the PNY center. It really isn't that bad.

That said, I don't want Melo.

Nate David+ Co.
01-08-2011, 01:58 PM
can you admit that the knicks are better than the nets and melo wants to come to the knicks not the nets, thats why he hasn't accepted any deal to the nets....
thanks,
knicks

nystandup
01-08-2011, 02:00 PM
How can a Knicks fan say that? Doesnt that describe the Knicks right on the money? Just look at the the moves the Knicks have made the past 5 years. You can be serious, the Knicks are use to losing the Nets franchise is useto winning.

our franchise has been around way longer than yours has and is one fo the most profitable franchises in the nba.

I mean whats the point of being good when nobody even shows up to your games. The knicks have been bad but end up selling out a lot of nights.

That Is Pathetic right on the money

nystandup
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
heres a theory:

Interesting take by the always reliable (and generally on-point) Hahn on the new rumors:

The curiously public Carmelo trade talks
5:06 AM By Alan Hahn

PHOENIX -- As the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But sometimes that smoke is blown. Sometimes it's a smokescreen.

I'm not here to shoot down any reports. Fixer buddy Al Iannazzone has been dominating the Nets coverage of the Melopalooza for the Bergen Record and he was out in front once again on Friday with a report about the Nets' latest combination offered to the Nuggets for Carmelo. Iannazzone cited sources that outlined another very complicated deal that would involve acquiring not just Carmelo, but Chauncey Billups from the Nuggets, as well as Richard Hamilton from the Pistons in a three-team deal that would result in first round picks going to Denver along with Devin Harris and rookie Derrick Favors.

All the national writers, from ESPN to Yahoo! Sports, confirmed the report with other details and updates, including a suggestion that it was nowhere near being close. Of course the most important piece of the trade is the least predictable: Carmelo has to agree to sign an extension with the Nets. So until then let's consider the result of the trade would create a starting lineup for the capped-out Nets as this: Billups, Hamilton, Anthony, Humphries and Lopez. Really?

But forget the end result, which, I'm told, is far from over, though the Nuggets are actively taking offers and considering all kinds of permutations to prepare for the impending Feb. 24 trade deadline. One of the most overlooked angles in this story needs to be addressed at this point, as the people I speak with about these things find one thing incredibly curious: so much information, detailed information, is being leaked out about these offers the Nets are putting together. That suggests the obvious: the Nets -- and likely the Nuggets -- want this information out there.

Well of course they do. First, the Nets are desperate to stay relevant and Carmelo offers the much-needed shot of adrenaline they need. The longer they remain an option, the more they remain relevant. There is a lot of season left and there are tickets to sell, not to mention tickets to sell in Brooklyn. Whether he eventually winds up with the Nets or not, Carmelo -- at least the hope for Carmelo -- is good for business.

But this really means more for the Nuggets, who know they can't wind up empty-handed like the Raptors, Cavaliers and Suns were last summer. We're seeing the results of that now with those franchises (though it seems Toronto is at least slightly ahead of the game with a decent young core that is, at least, competitive) and Denver doesn't want to go through similar misery in 2011-12.

Most deals of this magnitude, however, go mostly under the radar until the very last minute. These things are so complicated and delicate, teams don't want the details out in fear of ruining the deal or having another team jump in to make a better offer. Think of some of the biggest trades that have been made in recent history. How many of them went down after months of back-and-forth with details loaded into each report. OK, I'll give you the Kevin Garnett-to-the-Celtics one, but that one did also involve other teams. Still, this rarely, if ever, happens.

Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri would love to win the press conference battle on the day they do ship off their star player to another city. But, really, there is no victory speech for them, only a concession speech. Their star wanted to leave them. This wasn't a salary dump. This wasn't a divorce. This was something forced on them. But still they fear being criticized for not getting full value for a superstar player in his prime. Remember, this is the first rodeo for Kroenke and Ujiri and they're hanging on for dear life, running statistics and analytics on every scenario presented to them by teams such as the Nets and the Rockets.

Deep in the epicenter of the Nuggets' front offices, where they are pouring over the weak potential of the 2011 draft and trying to figure out how acquiring three first round picks will help them rebuild, they know Carmelo's heart is in Manhattan, not Brooklyn. It's no secret his main ambition is to get the $65M extension in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks just in time to hop aboard Amar'e Stoudemire's love train to the playoffs.
But before they are forced to concede, they'll force Carmelo to fire the first shot. So they'll make these trade proposals public to show the world just how much value they COULD HAVE gotten for their unsatisfied star. Then they can walk away from the press conference facing no criticism for taking less from the only team from which Carmelo would accept the extension.

"Hey, it's not our fault," they could then say. "We could have gotten a 19-year-old rookie in Derrick Favors and five first round picks. But Carmelo wouldn't sign the deal."
They can do this because they know the last thing Carmelo wants is to be the villain. He saw what happened to LeBron James in Cleveland and Carmelo doesn't want to see fans burning his jersey in the streets of Denver. He doesn't want to be booed when he goes to Newark and, eventually, Brooklyn.

But is that enough reason to agree to sign an extension to play with Chauncey, Rip and Kris Humphries?

The Knicks would still rather he sign nothing and rather the Nuggets talk themselves out of just dumping him off as a mercenary for a weaker offer from a team such as the Mavericks, who desperately need a swingman now that Caron Butler is done for the season. For the Knicks, the best case scenario has always been to sign Carmelo as a free agent, though, obviously, in the world of the new CBA, nobody knows when that will be, or at what price. One thing we do know, it'll likely be less than the $65 million he could get right now.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...alks-1.2595192

Hindy27
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
The Nets franchise epitomizes pathetic. You guys have two of the worst teams in two professional sports(this season) playing under one roof.
lol, bringing up a completely different sport to try and insult the Nets, stay classy.
I'd rather have a couple of bad seasons after plenty of good ones. Our bad run won't go for a decade though because that is the epitome of pathetic.

I can see why Lakers fans could be arrogant if they want, same with Boston, Spurs and even Orlando. After scooping the pool in the offseason FA chase I can understand if Miami fans act arrogant.
When Knicks fans act arrogant I just sit back and laugh.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 02:06 PM
For one Barnes is young and is only improving u can see that if u watch his first game from now! I mean he's a kid but it's easy to see his potential I think he should stay in college for longer then he most likely will but he is still worth a top 10 pick right now.

Walker is carrying Uconn on his back and u think the man is overrated. I mean he gets double and triple teamed every game and still keeps Uconn in games or wins them. The man is dangerous finishes well with contact, is great in transition and can create for himself and others. If Uconn had a little more help around him they could easily be the best team in college basketball but unfortunatly for him he is on his own.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch Barnes yet but I've seen Walker a bunch of times already being a Huskies fan. He doesn't make his team mates that much better and he makes really poor decisions at times. Too often when the other team goes into a zone defense, he'll make that quick step back on his man and pull up for the jumper. If he was an elite PG, he should be able to bust up the zone.

diggerbsb
01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
As a nuggets fan I'm so tired of melo. No matter where he goes, the nuggets as they currently are would be a much better team than wherever melo goes. It has nothing to do with winning. So I say ship him out for favors and a bevy of picks and try to find another melo.

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 02:09 PM
How can a Knicks fan say that? Doesnt that describe the Knicks right on the money? Just look at the the moves the Knicks have made the past 5 years. You can be serious, the Knicks are use to losing the Nets franchise is useto winning.

Knicks have been around for 65 years, 5 years is a tiny fraction of the franchises history. Nets have been in the NBA for around for 33-34 years half of those seasons being losing ones (17 seasons). Also how many championships does your franchise have? ZERO (0).

nystandup
01-08-2011, 02:10 PM
lol, bringing up a completely different sport to try and insult the Nets, stay classy.
I'd rather have a couple of bad seasons after plenty of good ones. Our bad run won't go for a decade though because that is the epitome of pathetic.

I can see why Lakers fans could be arrogant if they want, same with Boston, Spurs and even Orlando. After scooping the pool in the offseason FA chase I can understand if Miami fans act arrogant.
When Knicks fans act arrogant I just sit back and laugh.

Stay Classy? Ron Bergandy is that you? This is the internet.
Anyways i brought it up because its a funny coincedence.

I bet the nets do end up being bad for a decade because your owner knows nothing about american pro sports and your gm isnt very good. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the nets are bad for a long time in the future.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Knicks have been around for 65 years, 5 years is a tiny fraction of the franchises history. Nets have been in the NBA for around for 33-34 years half of those seasons being losing ones (17 seasons). Also how many championships does your franchise have? ZERO (0).

Im just happy in the last 10 yrs the Nets have been in the finals twice.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm just happy we're doing well in the present and that we'll be in the playoffs in the near future. Anyways enjoy reminiscing about 10 years ago, the only time your team was and will ever have been relevant.

Okay after this trade goes down we will see!
Knicks are relevant they are 6th seed in the east, not relevant at all and went Knicks dont get Carmelo have fun being the 6th seed for the next 5 years!

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
this thread has gone to ****. just close it somebody, this is just sad.

Hindy27
01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Stay Classy? Ron Bergandy is that you? This is the internet.
Anyways i brought it up because its a funny coincedence.

I bet the nets do end up being bad for a decade because your owner knows nothing about american pro sports and your gm isnt very good. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the nets are bad for a long time in the future.
I'll agree with you about King, and of course it's possible that they can bad in the future, as anything is possible. I don't think they will though.

That's a better post too, I thank you for that.
The whole 'Nets suck, 12 wins, Newark's a dump' stuff is a bit tiresome.

I actually want both teams to do well, because I think a Nets Knicks rivalry with both teams in the top 4 of the East would be great for the NBA. Imagine those 2 playing in the conference finals, it'd be massive. So it gets annoying when so many Knicks fans just want the Nets to be a lottery team forever, and deride everything about the team.

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I'll agree with you about King, and of course it's possible that they can bad in the future, as anything is possible. I don't think they will though.

That's a better post too, I thank you for that.
The whole 'Nets suck, 12 wins, Newark's a dump' stuff is a bit tiresome.

I actually want both teams to do well, because I think a Nets Knicks rivalry with both teams in the top 4 of the East would be great for the NBA. Imagine those 2 playing in the conference finals, it'd be massive. So it gets annoying when so many Knicks fans just want the Nets to be a lottery team forever, and deride everything about the team.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
We will, if this trade even goes down (likely wont). Though I'm not worried at all seeing as even with Melo you guys would be fighting to get the 8th seed.

Have fun not making the playoffs for the next 10.

The Nets are 5 games out if Melo comes and this gets done we will easily impove and make the playoffs, especially with Philly, Bucks and Detriot ahead. It wont be just Melo going to NJ without anything changing players will leave it will be a new different team. The deal gets done the Nets will make he playoffs if you dont believe that then your crazy.

NYsFinest
01-08-2011, 02:29 PM
The Nets are 5 games out if Melo comes and this gets done we will easily impove and make the playoffs, especially with Philly, Bucks and Detriot ahead. It wont be just Melo going to NJ without anything changing players will leave it will be a new different team. The deal gets done the Nets will make he playoffs if you dont believe that then your crazy.

Nets might make the playoffs. To make the playoffs you will probably need 39 wins. If the Nets get Melo today that means they have to finish the season 29-17 (.630). That is definitely far from a given with that roster and every day the Nets wait (deal not close to being done) the further they slip.

LakersIn5
01-08-2011, 02:31 PM
nets would still suck even after the trade. if i were melo i still would rather be traded to the knicks.

billups
hamilton
melo
PF
lopez

or

(assuming melo is traded for gallo,chandler,randolph)

felton
fields
melo
amare
turiaf

i still think the knicks would be better.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 02:38 PM
nets would still suck even after the trade. if i were melo i still would rather be traded to the knicks.

billups
hamilton
melo
PF
lopez

or

(assuming melo is traded for gallo,chandler,randolph)

felton
fields
melo
amare
turiaf

i still think the knicks would be better.

Okay
Billups has won an NBA championship
Felton hasnt won a playoff game

Rip Hamilton has won an NBA championship
Landry Fields played for a bad Stanford team

Melo is an elite scorer
Wilson Chandler has won nothing and never sniffed the playoffs

Obviously Amare is better than whoever PF Nets get

Lopez can score with ease
Turiaf is a career loser who was a backup center for a losing effort Lakers

scutch11
01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Okay

Melo is an elite scorer

Rip and Billups were there 7 years ago. They're nowhere near the same level of player that they used to be.

NYK_kidd77
01-08-2011, 02:41 PM
The Knicks with Melo would obviously have a better team than the Nets with Melo but thats not the point. Denver does not want Melo to be traded to where he wants to go, and Melo is not willing to lose out on that extension, which leads to him settling for the Nets with a revamped roster. If the roster is what the rumors look like then they will make the playoffs the bottom end of the east is so bad so they aren't even far out of the 8th spot.

arkanian215
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
The Knicks with Melo would obviously have a better team than the Nets with Melo but thats not the point. Denver does not want Melo to be traded to where he wants to go, and Melo is not willing to lose out on that extension, which leads to him settling for the Nets with a revamped roster. If the roster is what the rumors look like then they will make the playoffs the bottom end of the east is so bad so they aren't even far out of the 8th spot.

lol yeah 5 games out w/ 46 games left.

kjoke
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
humpreies is pretty good, if this goes down i can definitely see nets making it up to the 7th seed in the east

JWO35
01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Rip and Billups were there 7 years ago. They're nowhere near the same level of player that they used to be.

Sad but true

kjoke
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
rip and billups are still very good players with expereince

smith&wesson
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Im just messing to, Im not insulting its just two fans of teams saying stuff, Felton isnt bad at all but not what some Knick fans make him out to be.

Im not a knicks fan but you gotta look at what felton is doing now rather then judging him by what he was with the bobcats. dude just had a triple double last game. give him his props,

ks32
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
rip and billups are still very good players with expereince

yeah but everyones acting like they're still in the prime of their careers...which they're not.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
I think the Nets would actually be better off keeping Favors and making a deal for Danny Granger. A line-up next year of:

Harris-Morrow-Granger-Favors-Lopez

would be a great start to building a strong team. Mix in all those picks they have and they would be in good shape going forward.

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I think the Nets would actually be better off keeping Favors and making a deal for Danny Granger. A line-up next year of:

would be a great start to building a strong team. Mix in all those picks they have and they would be in good shape going forward.

i agree, we dont have to give up as much as we'd have to give up with melo.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
i agree, we dont have to give up as much as we'd have to give up with melo.

What? When you have a chance to get a Melo type player you do it. Granger? ok with that

NYK_kidd77
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM

I agree this will probably be better for the future but the Nets have other motives for getting Melo besides making their team better.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
I agree this will probably be better for the future but the Nets have other motives for getting Melo besides making their team better.

Which is extremely foolish. The entire point of any acquisition should be to better your team for now and the future, making moves based off sheer business is no way to run a franchise

NYK_kidd77
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Which is extremely foolish. The entire point of any acquisition should be to better your team for now and the future, making moves based off sheer business is no way to run a franchise

Completely agree.

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 03:10 PM

I dont understand how getting Melo is bad?? Nets will be an elite team with Melo so get ready for it.

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 03:11 PM
What? When you have a chance to get a Melo type player you do it. Granger? ok with that

if denver insists on what they want, screw denver. with trading for danny granger, we'd probably trade 2 first picks, a expiring, and devin harris. thats seems way more reasonable

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 03:12 PM
if denver insists on what they want, screw denver. with trading for danny granger, we'd probably trade 2 first picks, a expiring, and devin harris. thats seems way more reasonable

Okay Denver wants some players that are on a terrible team? You want to keep players on a bad team?

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 03:14 PM
I dont understand how getting Melo is bad?? Nets will be an elite team with Melo so get ready for it.

Lets not get out of hand, they will be much improved but ELITE? Not a shot.

That said, this deal is dead for now...

One of the sources confirmed Yahoo! Sports' report via Twitter that the talks died when the Nets tried to extract a first-round pick from the Pistons and dump Johan Petro's $6.75 million due over the next two seasons on Detroit.

http://twitter.com/kberg_cbs

netsgiantsyanks

do you not understand?? we would be giving up derrick favors, devin harris, maybe anthony morrow, and 5 ****ing 1st round picks for melo and 2 players that past their prime 2 years ago.

faze38
I haven't gotten a chance to watch Barnes yet but I've seen Walker a bunch of times already being a Huskies fan. He doesn't make his team mates that much better and he makes really poor decisions at times. Too often when the other team goes into a zone defense, he'll make that quick step back on his man and pull up for the jumper. If he was an elite PG, he should be able to bust up the zone.

Ok let me start off by saying I'm a Cuse fan so defending a Uconn player is killing me right now.

I think your forgetting a few things about what he is facing in college. In college basketball there is no defensive 3 second rule which makes it alot easier to stop a slasher like Walker especially when your team only has one other player that legitmaly shots above 35% from the college range 3! I mean the first rule for breaking the zone is moving the ball and getting open shots but the problem is that u guys have no one that can knock them down consitently except for your primary play maker. The other thing you seem to forget is that your second highest scorer is in tail spin right now he started of well and had u guys looking unstoppable but now he can't get anything going which is making Walker's job even harder. Now let's take Walker and put him on a team that can knock down the three all of a sudden he will look like a much better player even tho he is putting up great numbers in college already. So once he gets to the pros and isn't every teams primary focus he is going to look like a problem.

netsgiantsyanks
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
that trade is dead??:phew:

Gators123
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Lets not get out of hand, they will be much improved but ELITE? Not a shot.

That said, this deal is dead for now...

One of the sources confirmed Yahoo! Sports' report via Twitter that the talks died when the Nets tried to extract a first-round pick from the Pistons and dump Johan Petro's $6.75 million due over the next two seasons on Detroit.

http://twitter.com/kberg_cbs
----

WojYahooNBA
If Nets have a chance to get 3-way done for Melo, there's no way a desire to pluck another pick would stand in way. Everything's negotiable.

Its not dead yet. When NJ asked for the 1st round pick that was probably the starting point. They will negotiate some more.

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Okay

Melo is an elite scorer

1. So what Billups is 35 Felton was drafted to an expansion team, surprised they even made the playoffs. Instead of talking about a championship Billups won 7 years ago, talk about their current play. Billups is clearly on the decline and right now Felton is playing better than him.

2. Again the past is the past, no one cares about how Fields' Stanford team did. Fields is the third best rookie this season drafted 39th overall. Hamilton is going to be what 32-33 and is also on the decline.

3. Obviously Melo is better than Will, but Will is getting better and the skill differential between him and Melo is nowhere near as big as the one between your PF and Amare.

5. Lopez is overrated, he can't rebound or play defense. The funny thing is that most of the him being overrated talk I've heard is from Nets fans. Turiaf will likely not be be our starting center if we don't get Melo.

NYsFinest
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
FYI: NJ has an awful basketball team. Way worse situation than what he's fleeing. Had Melo held fort he'd have been a Knick in Feb or June.
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Almost always, agents are looking out for themselves (getting the most $$$ possible). Cuz Melo wants out of Denv, they are taking advantage.
9 minutes ago

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
If Melo ends up in NJ, that's a colossal blunder by his agents. Should've bluffed + said "we won't sign a 65m extension w/ anyone but NY."

Bill simmons twitter

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
1. So what Billups is 35 Felton was drafted to an expansion team, surprised they even made the playoffs. Instead of talking about a championship Billups won 7 years ago, talk about their current play. Billups is clearly on the decline and right now Felton is playing better than him.

2. Again the past is the past, no one cares about how Fields' Stanford team did. Fields is the third best rookie this season drafted 39th overall. Hamilton is going to be what 32-33 and is also on the decline.

3. Obviously Melo is better than Will, but Will is getting better and the skill differential between him and Melo is nowhere near as big as the one between your PF and Amare.

5. Lopez is overrated, he can't rebound or play defense. The funny thing is that most of the him being overrated talk I've heard is from Nets fans. Turiaf will likely not be be our starting center if we don't get Melo.

When you dont get Melo.

IndiansFan337
01-08-2011, 03:25 PM

There's no chance you land Granger without parting with either Harris, Favors or Lopez. The lineup listed above is not realistic.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
There's no chance you land Granger without parting with either Harris, Favors or Lopez. The lineup listed above is not realistic.

Im just throwing an idea out there for Net fans, Im not sure what the Pacers would want but I dont think youd get two of those 3 for Granger...ever

knicksfan42
01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
When you dont get Melo.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Here we go again.

Some Nets fans gonna go get their "You mad Knicks" sigs back up from earlier this season,
but this time, will they be forced to take it off again?

Wish the Nets kept T-Will and just kept trying to develop their young studs (Morrow, Favors, T-Will, Lopez)

Stack_NJNets
01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I hope this goes through

DoMeFavors
01-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Here we go again.

Some Nets fans gonna go get their "You mad Knicks" sigs back up from earlier this season,
but this time, will they be forced to take it off again?

Wish the Nets kept T-Will and just kept trying to develop their young studs (Morrow, Favors, T-Will, Lopez)

Ok we will have a little war you guys get your Melo Knick Jerseys and put them on and while your at it your King James Knick Jerseys.

sintaks12
When you dont get Melo.

Get over yourself dude. How's this... we don't need Melo. I hope that 15 player trade does go down with NJ and the Knicks use their cap for a defensive center (McGee) and to add depth to the bench. Then we can spend the next 5 years pee'ing in your Wheaties in the playoffs... provided that you make it. Billups and Hamilton may need walkers by then... but they can tell their teammates what it was like to win a 'ship 10 years ago :clap:

So sick of this Melo crap.

faze38
When you dont get Melo.

The longer this goes on the better for the Knicks so if nothing is worked out by Feb. 1st u might as well figure that they are trying to work a deal out for Chandler with the Knicks!

faze38
01-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Ok we will have a little war you guys get your Melo Knick Jerseys and put them on and while your at it your King James Knick Jerseys.

Right now there is no need for us to do that because we have a #1 jersey we can wear right now!

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-08-2011, 03:42 PM

I could care less about "wars".
Knicks are doing fine right now so no worries for us. You can have Melo even though none of this **** makes sense.

Oh and haha a "King James" jersey comment. Travis Outlaw.

colinskik
01-08-2011, 03:47 PM
do you not understand?? we would be giving up derrick favors, devin harris, maybe anthony morrow, and 5 ****ing 1st round picks for melo and 2 players that past their prime 2 years ago.
But that's what your team is now and they're not very good. Maybe they can get better in the future but probably not all that much better. If you trade for Billups and Rip and get Melo, they could at least make a run this year in the East, but going forward the will look washed up.

JDizzle
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I do this in a heartbeat if I'm the nuggets.

THE MTL
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I would actually like that for the Nets. However that window of opportunity (even for the playoffs) is bad though. That team still isnt near a championship and Billups/Hamiliton are DONE in a 1-2 years.

LeBitteNoir
01-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I would actually like that for the Nets. However that window of opportunity (even for the playoffs) is bad though. That team still isnt near a championship and Billups/Hamiliton are DONE in a 1-2 years.

True. But if they land Melo, you could also see them landing CP3 next year. Paul-Melo-Lopez is a pretty good 3.

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
If the Nets are gonna get Melo, it isnt gonna be in this deal, way to many moving parts

Don Starks
01-08-2011, 04:31 PM
the guy is a knicks beat writer so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought he gave an interesting perspective into the whole Melo trade. I tend to agree that most trades that happen, you never hear a leak of anything.

PHOENIX -- As the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But sometimes that smoke is blown. Sometimes it's a smokescreen.

I'm not here to shoot down any reports. Fixer buddy Al Iannazzone has been dominating the Nets coverage of the Melopalooza for the Bergen Record and he was out in front once again on Friday with a report about the Nets' latest combination offered to the Nuggets for Carmelo. Iannazzone cited sources that outlined another very complicated deal that would involve acquiring not just Carmelo, but Chauncey Billups from the Nuggets, as well as Richard Hamilton from the Pistons in a three-team deal that would result in first round picks going to Denver along with Devin Harris and rookie Derrick Favors.

All the national writers, from ESPN to Yahoo! Sports, confirmed the report with other details and updates, including a suggestion that it was nowhere near being close. Of course the most important piece of the trade is the least predictable: Carmelo has to agree to sign an extension with the Nets. So until then let's consider the result of the trade would create a starting lineup for the capped-out Nets as this: Billups, Hamilton, Anthony, Humphries and Lopez. Really?

But forget the end result, which, I'm told, is far from over, though the Nuggets are actively taking offers and considering all kinds of permutations to prepare for the impending Feb. 24 trade deadline. One of the most overlooked angles in this story needs to be addressed at this point, as the people I speak with about these things find one thing incredibly curious: so much information, detailed information, is being leaked out about these offers the Nets are putting together. That suggests the obvious: the Nets -- and likely the Nuggets -- want this information out there.

Well of course they do (though this isn't to suggest that Iannazzone is being "fed" anything. I respect his work too much to think that way). But there's no question the Nets are desperate to stay relevant and Carmelo offers the much-needed shot of adrenaline they need. The longer they remain an option, the more they remain relevant. There is a lot of season left and there are tickets to sell, not to mention tickets to sell in Brooklyn. Whether he eventually winds up with the Nets or not, Carmelo -- at least the hope for Carmelo -- is good for business.

But this really means more for the Nuggets, who know they can't wind up empty-handed like the Raptors, Cavaliers and Suns were last summer. We're seeing the results of that now with those franchises (though it seems Toronto is at least slightly ahead of the game with a decent young core that is, at least, competitive) and Denver doesn't want to go through similar misery in 2011-12.

Most deals of this magnitude, however, go mostly under the radar until the very last minute. These things are so complicated and delicate, teams don't want the details out in fear of ruining the deal or having another team jump in to make a better offer. Think of some of the biggest trades that have been made in recent history. How many of them went down after months of back-and-forth with details loaded into each report. OK, I'll give you the Kevin Garnett-to-the-Celtics one, but that one did also involve other teams. Still, this rarely, if ever, happens.

Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri would love to win the press conference battle on the day they do ship off their star player to another city. But, really, there is no victory speech for them, only a concession speech. Their star wanted to leave them. This wasn't a salary dump. This wasn't a divorce. This was something forced on them. But still they fear being criticized for not getting full value for a superstar player in his prime. Remember, this is the first rodeo for Kroenke and Ujiri and they're hanging on for dear life, running statistics and analytics on every scenario presented to them by teams such as the Nets and the Rockets.

Deep in the epicenter of the Nuggets' front offices, where they are pouring over the weak potential of the 2011 draft and trying to figure out how acquiring three first round picks will help them rebuild, they know Carmelo's heart is in Manhattan, not Brooklyn. It's no secret his main ambition is to get the $65M extension in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks just in time to hop aboard Amar'e Stoudemire's love train to the playoffs.

But before they are forced to concede, they'll force Carmelo to fire the first shot. So they'll make these trade proposals public to show the world just how much value they COULD HAVE gotten for their unsatisfied star. Then they can walk away from the press conference facing no criticism for taking less from the only team from which Carmelo would accept the extension.

"Hey, it's not our fault," they could then say. "We could have gotten a 19-year-old rookie in Derrick Favors and five first round picks. But Carmelo wouldn't sign the deal."

They can do this because they know the last thing Carmelo wants is to be the villain. He saw what happened to LeBron James in Cleveland and Carmelo doesn't want to see fans burning his jersey in the streets of Denver. He doesn't want to be booed when he goes to Newark and, eventually, Brooklyn.

But is that enough reason to agree to sign an extension to play with Chauncey, Rip and Kris Humphries?

The Knicks would still rather he sign nothing and rather the Nuggets talk themselves out of just dumping him off as a mercenary for a weaker offer from a team such as the Mavericks, who desperately need a swingman now that Caron Butler is done for the season. For the Knicks, the best case scenario has always been to sign Carmelo as a free agent, though, obviously, in the world of the new CBA, nobody knows when that will be, or at what price. One thing we do know, it'll likely be less than the $65 million he could get right now.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM

http://game1.themafiaunderground.com/images/smilies/tissue.gif

lvlheaded
01-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I feel like the Nets have the pieces to get a deal done without a 3rd team, I dont see why they dont just try and get a one on one deal done

NYK_kidd77
01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I feel like the Nets have the pieces to get a deal done without a 3rd team, I dont see why they dont just try and get a one on one deal done

Im sure they do, but the 3rd team is gonna be involved so they could upgrade their own roster. From everything I have seen it looks like Melo has told them he wont extend with the roster as is.

DenButsu
01-09-2011, 04:16 AM
If the Nets are gonna get Melo, it isnt gonna be in this deal, way to many moving parts

I don't think it's really as complicated as it appears. A lot of the "moving parts" are the less essential pieces that will primarily be used for balancing salary and the perception of fairness in the deal. But they're really only in play to facilitate the movement of the big pieces. And if the will to move them is really there, the smaller ones should fall into place without too much of a problem.

aman_13
01-09-2011, 05:04 AM
http://game1.themafiaunderground.com/images/smilies/tissue.gif

lol.

cchrisc773
01-09-2011, 05:34 AM

LOL. Not gonna happen. The Pistons would not only give up Hamilton but Picks for scrub players. No way they do that and get anything in return. The source has to be on drugs.

arkanian215
01-09-2011, 05:38 AM
LOL. Not gonna happen. The Pistons would not only give up Hamilton but Picks for scrub players. No way they do that and get anything in return. The source has to be on drugs.

Except trades are done all the time from the business side. For example, Eric Maynor for Matt Harpring or Joe Smith for Sasha Vujacic and a first rounder.

HeatVsHate
01-09-2011, 07:24 AM
I read at yahoo sports that Billups, dislike this deal and he has spoken against dealing him to the nets. If this happens its another case of players being dealt against their will, this the kind of situation is even worst than players deciding to leave their teams as FA. Owners always get away with this through the years. Just sad IMO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylt=Agb7Ps2A.UfVkvFs38Pt5aPTjdIF

Hindy27
01-09-2011, 07:52 AM
I read at yahoo sports that Billups, dislike this deal and he has spoken against dealing him to the nets. If this happens its another case of players being dealt against their will, this the kind of situation is even worst than players deciding to leave their teams as FA. Owners always get away with this through the years. Just sad IMO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylt=Agb7Ps2A.UfVkvFs38Pt5aPTjdIF
Most players are playing somewhere they don't want to, that's how the NBA works. Just look at the draft, as soon as player comes into the league there is a very good chance they will end up somewhere that they don't want to be.

If everyone got to play where they wanted the NBA would be made up of about 5 teams. It has worked ok for years but this current generation of cry babies that want to play with their friends or for teams or cities they like is becoming a joke.

I have no problem with players waiting for FA and then signing where they want, but trying to force a trade to 1 team or saying you want a buyout if a certain team trades for you is childish.