PDA

View Full Version : is rondo a elite pg?

drew35
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
even though he can't shoot or make free throws?

blahblahyoutoo
01-07-2011, 08:17 PM
'an' is used when the word following it begins with a vowel.

Niro
01-07-2011, 08:17 PM
lol yeah he is one of the best playmakers in the nba

Covert
01-07-2011, 08:18 PM
No question.

Pete Dahh Sneak
01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't even follow much basketball and I know he is. That's how bad of a question this is.

BluejaysFan08
01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
LOL at ANOTHER Rondo thread.

ManRam
01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Absolutely. He does have his obvious flaws, but there are really only a very select handful of players who have great all-around games.

He isn't a great scorer, and he can't make FTs...but that really never poses many problems for Boston. What he does do well - pass and play defense - he does better than any PG in the league.

I don't think "no" should be an acceptable answer...although I'm fully expecting some fans of some certain fanbases to come in and say otherwise ;)

LOL at ANOTHER Rondo thread.

This is the only one on the first page :shrug:

GeekInThePink
01-07-2011, 08:22 PM
:facepalm:

tangent12
01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
LOL, yea right. :laugh2: :laugh2:

drew35
alot of people say he isn't a elite point guard because he can't shoot, make free throws, and isn't clutch in the 4th q because he can't shoot or make free throws.

geraptor

lol this

godolphins
01-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Yep

ManRam
01-07-2011, 08:28 PM

We get that you are arguably the most bias and unreasonable poster in the NBA...but is the notion really laughable?

Come on man...

BuddhaMONK
we won't know until he plays on a bad team

Flojo
alot of people say he isn't a elite point guard because he can't shoot, make free throws, and isn't clutch in the 4th q because he can't shoot or make free throws.

Sounds like YOU are a lot of people. :laugh2:

SteveNash
01-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Rondo, best PG in the game.

That is a common misconception. The correct usage is when the word following an was vowel sounding. For example, a hour from now would be incorrect. On the other side, going to an university would also be incorrect.

BluejaysFan08
01-07-2011, 08:32 PM

you should maybe re read what you typed before submitting it.

godolphins
01-07-2011, 08:34 PM

How is he not elite?

drew35
01-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Sounds like YOU are a lot of people. :laugh2:

no a lebron dick rider was telling me this.
here is his quotes.

"his shots,his free throws and he is 2 small 4 defense o yeah did i say his free throws key word"

"FREE throw an un guarded shot FREE wide open u going tell me in the 4th qrt u want the ball in rondos hands??game 7 nba championship 2 mins 2 go celtics up 2i bet u pierce or allan have the ball"

"yes they r clutch but not point guards;rondo can play defense on nashsmallpoint guards but he cant play defense on westbrook,d williams,d rose ay body point with size, what doesntg makes sense if rondo is so good y doc rivers brings in nat...e robinson to replace rondo in clutch is 1 thing not 2 handle rock but man not even b in the game in clutch time that weak u r only as strong as ur greatess weakness, and u say develop man rondo has been in league how many years now?? 1 year 2 year no he has been in nba 4 years what is he ******** or missing his 21st pair of chromesomes he got down syndrome h has been playing ball his whole life he cant shoot and wont ever b able 2 shoot develope lol develope+ hope in ur book"

"whats nate robsinsopn wing span??excuses excuses!!!whats rondo shoes size?how many words does rondo type a min??it dont matter if ur job is point guard and u cant do it in clutch time what good r u ??i watch rondo play but only 3 qrts and 8 mins of the 4th qrt,i didnt know there where 6 positions in basketball i thought point guard was point guard not small point guard so u r saying rondo cant do his job as a point guard??"

"how can u b elite from the bench??he isnt even in the game yeah it was a good alley opp but the only opps was they didnt foul rondo so he can opps from the free throw line!!"

"rondo is shooting his FREE throws at 41% this year thats wose then shaq shot for his career and u call rondo elite??wow what escuse do u ave 4 this??"

Kyben36
01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
this is hard to say for me, He is a hell of a player, but what I consider elite and other consider elite are two diferent things. he is definitly one of the top PGs in the league, but what I consider elite is a guy you can run an offense through, Rondo doesnt make me think you can becuaeso f his lack of scoring ability. he is a top 5 PG, but not an elite player IMO.

Kakaroach
01-07-2011, 08:38 PM
If you still don't think that he is elite, you just don't know basketball. And elite is not just being able to score a ton of points.

tcav701
01-07-2011, 08:41 PM
If a player is the best rebounder at his position, the best defender at his position and a top 2 playmaker at his position (Cant decide between Rondo and CP3 on passing abilitiy) it's safe to say he's elite.

Hustlenomics
01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
of course he is

PurpleJesus
01-07-2011, 08:44 PM
seriously? rondo is not just an elite pg, but he is an elite player...why would you even ask this?

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
The threads are starting to get ridiculous... Of course he is elite... I think he's top 5 in the league right now

Bulls_fan90
01-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Nope, he's a product of the big 3.

ManRam
01-07-2011, 08:49 PM
So pretty much I was right...

Everyone would say "yes, of course he is, this is dumb"...

Except for Bulls fans...

Hawkeye15
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
of course he is.

Positives:
Defense
Passing
Court vision
Rebounding
Durability
Play in big games

Negatives:
Shot
Turnovers

Rondo is a top 5 PG no matter how you cut it. He is indeed an elite player, seeing as he is a top 20 player in the NBA.

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Except for Bulls fans...

Pretty much. Haters always hate the guys on top.

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Rondo is making L. Harangody look better. Yeah L. Harangody, some white fat guy....

Reversed86Curse
01-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Except for Bulls fans...

ya but at least they're consistent

and there's a difference between can't score, and doesn't need to. Bet there's a bunch of teams that wish they had an elite pg that didn't have to score, and could still be one of the best teams in the league.

Bulls_fan90
01-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Pretty much. Haters always hate the guys on top.

It's called sarcasm. Even the biggest Rondo hater knows he's elite. Next time i'll post in green font.

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 09:05 PM
It's called sarcasm. Even the biggest Rondo hater knows he's elite. Next time i'll post in green font.

I wasn't talking about your post. AND sadly some of the fans are serious.......

SA5195
01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes.

Hustlenomics
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Rondo is making L. Harangody look better. Yeah L. Harangody, some white fat guy....

you watching that too :laugh2:

godolphins
01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Whoever doesn't think he's aa elite point guard doesn't watch basketball

ManRam
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
ya but at least they're consistent

and there's a difference between can't score, and doesn't need to. Bet there's a bunch of teams that wish they had an elite pg that didn't have to score, and could still be one of the best teams in the league.

He can score for sure.

Last year versus Cleveland and Orlando in the playoffs, he averaged 18 points a game on 49% shooting. I'm sure Bulls fans won't forget him averaging 21 against them in 2009...all the while dishing out 12 assists. That was without KG too.

Even without the Big Three, he'd be elite. I think that the fact that Allen, KG and Pierce are playing at such a high level has to do with Rondo. They definitely help him out, but it is a symbiotic relationship.

Crackadalic
01-07-2011, 09:12 PM
just because he is not a scorer does not mean he he cant be elite. he impacts the game with so many thing: passing the ball to the open man on a consistent basis, rebounds well for his position, plays D(1st team all defense last year). jason kidd basically did those things and took the nets to the finals with his bad shooting

So to answer the question yes rondo is elite and anybody who thinks other wise is a hater or sucks at life /thread

John Walls Era
you watching that too :laugh2:

Every player is rolling in their graves right now. Jesus christ it was the ugliest thing I've ever seen in a NBA game.

Reversed86Curse
@ ManRam:
agreed

NYMetros
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, he's elite. Only guys in the same group as him are D-will, CP3, Westbrook, Rose, Nash, and maybe Tony Parker.

Baller1
01-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Yes he is.

Baller1
Yeah, he's elite. Only guys in the same group as him are D-will, CP3, Westbrook, Rose, and maybe Tony Parker.

Nash?

godolphins
Guy is a waking double double

NYMetros
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Nash?

****. Yeah, him too.

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
He can score for sure.

Last year versus Cleveland and Orlando in the playoffs, he averaged 18 points a game on 49% shooting. I'm sure Bulls fans won't forget him averaging 21 against them in 2009...all the while dishing out 12 assists. That was without KG too.

Even without the Big Three, he'd be elite. I think that the fact that Allen, KG and Pierce are playing at such a high level has to do with Rondo. They definitely help him out, but it is a symbiotic relationship.

Yeah he can score, but teams still rather have him shoot jumpers so they give him space. In fact, I think the fact that teams give him space actually makes him better; he can take his time with a lot of space to work with. IMO Rondo could drive to the basket on every play if he wanted to. The fact that he is not known as a good shooter actually makes him better (mentioned: space).

smith&wesson
01-07-2011, 09:16 PM
he is elite because he is a top 5 point gaurd in the game.

chris paul
d will
steve nash
drose
rondo.

in no specific order.

with that being said. rondo's free throw shooting is unreal. 41 % for an elite gaurd is really laughable he should and will improve on it.

also i dont think there is a gaurd other then nash that can create plays the way rondo can.

KnicksorBust
01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Nash?

When he meant to type Nash he accidently typed Tony Parker. Common mistake.

On Topic:

Rondo is exactly the type of PG that I would want on my team. Pass-First and defensive minded.

ManRam
01-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Oh, but I do for the record think pass-first PGs are overrated.

Maybe that's just because I'm a Magic fan, and I don't think a pass-first PG who doesn't like to shoot wouldn't fit in our system, but that's how I feel.

NYMetros
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
he is elite because he is a top 5 point gaurd in the game.

chris paul
d will
steve nash
drose
rondo.

in no specific order.

with that being said. rondo's free throw shooting is unreal. 41 % for an elite gaurd is really laughable he should and will improve on it.

also i dont think there is a gaurd other then nash that can create plays the way rondo can.

IMO Westbrook is slightly better than Rondo for the reason you mentioned - the FT shooting. Both of them are impossible to keep out of the lane, but Rondo rarely actually tries to go to the rim hard because of his poor free throw shooting. Westbrook's also a bit stronger and a better finisher at the bucket, IMO.

EDIT: To back up what i'm saying, look at the numbers. Rondo averages 1.7 FT attempts per game this year. Westbrook: 7.6 FT per game. It's a SERIOUS problem in Rondo's game.

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh, but I do for the record think pass-first PGs are overrated.

Maybe that's just because I'm a Magic fan, and I don't think a pass-first PG who doesn't like to shoot wouldn't fit in our system, but that's how I feel.

Do you consider Nash or Jose Calderon a pass first PG? Because they are; if they're open they can stick the jumper.

avrpatsfan
01-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Is this even a question?
14 assists per game
/Thread.

Giraffes Rule
01-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah. He has his flaws scoring, but he's great defensively and he's the best distributor in the NBA today. I would like to see how he does on a team without one of the best pure shooters of all time though.

ManRam
01-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Do you consider Nash or Jose Calderon a pass first PG? Because they are; if they're open they can stick the jumper.

Calderon, yes. Nash, yes...but kinda. He is a tremendous scorer...not just shooter. Again, just being bias and talking about my team, Nash would fit in amazingly well, where I'm not so sure Rondo would. Obviously, I'd be an idiot not to want Rondo starting for us...but Nash's ability to score 17-20 points a game and hit open threes as good as anyone in the league would be amazing. IMO, no player would fit better in Orlando's system than Steve Nash.

Nash does look to pass-first, but when he needs to make a shot, he can.

If he could play defense, I think he'd seriously be the best PG of all time behind only Magic.

Hustlenomics
01-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Calderon, yes. Nash, yes...but kinda. He is a tremendous scorer...not just shooter. Again, just being bias and talking about my team, Nash would fit in amazingly well, where I'm not so sure Rondo would. Obviously, I'd be an idiot not to want Rondo starting for us...but Nash's ability to score 17-20 points a game and hit open threes as good as anyone in the league would be amazing. IMO, no player would fit better in Orlando's system than Steve Nash.

Nash does look to pass-first, but when he needs to make a shot, he can.

If he could play defense, I think he'd seriously be the best PG of all time behind only Magic.
you wouldn't want Rondo paired with Dwight Howard? :o

Corey
01-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Rondo's elite, but he's still not on the level of CP3 or Deron.

They are in a league of their own, followed by the foursome of Rondo, Nash, Rose and Russy, whom you can all make a case for. Maybe not Westbrook, but he's getting there.

ManRam
01-07-2011, 09:34 PM
you wouldn't want Rondo paired with Dwight Howard? :o

I would, I'd just rather have Nash, Paul or Williams. Our team ball-movement is too key to our overall success. If one person is dominating the ball control, which isn't what happens on our team now, he better be able to hit shots. It's too important in our offense.

I'm a big proponent of point guards being the most overrated position in the game. That's a story for another day though...and although I love Rondo, and think he's perfect for his team, I don't think he's perfect for my team.

Sorry for being somewhat cryptic.

hugepatsfan
01-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah he can score, but teams still rather have him shoot jumpers so they give him space. In fact, I think the fact that teams give him space actually makes him better; he can take his time with a lot of space to work with. IMO Rondo could drive to the basket on every play if he wanted to. The fact that he is not known as a good shooter actually makes him better (mentioned: space).

That's a good point.

AI4MVP
01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
anyone who says rondo is not an elite point guard is simply a ****ing ****** and should be hung by the ballsack

The Final Boss
01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
even though he can't shoot or make free throws?

Aren't these 2 aspects the same? :facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Obviously.

He's been the best PG this season.

Nash was an elite player with horrible defense.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah, he's elite. Only guys in the same group as him are D-will, CP3, Westbrook, Rose, Nash, and maybe Tony Parker.

When it comes to the PG position there's only 6 players who are truly elite the others are a notch below..
CP3, D-will, Rondo, Nash, Kidd and westbrook..Those guys are true PG's who are elite at their position in so many ways..
After that you have the guys who are a notch below

The Final Boss
01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
That's a good point.

Only to you would not being able to shoot in the NBA make you a better basket player...:facepalm:

hugepatsfan
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Only to you would not being able to shoot in the NBA make you a better basket player...:facepalm:

It's not the fact that he can't shoot that makes him better. But the way defenses sag off of him as a result of it helps him w/ his assists because it opens up passing lanes and lets him see the court better w/out worrying about a defender poking at the ball.

hugepatsfan
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
When it comes to the PG position there's only 6 players who are truly elite the others are a notch below..
CP3, D-will, Rondo, Nash, Kidd and westbrook..Those guys are true PG's who are elite at their position in so many ways..
After that you have the guys who are a notch below

Kidd and Nash better than Rose? GTFO w/ that. That's just hating. CP3 and D-Will are clearly 1 and 2 for PG rankings. And Rose, Rondo, and Westbrook are 3-5 (I personally feel it goes Rondo/Rose/Westbrook, but arguments can be made for other orders).

Eagles4Lyfe
01-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Kidd and Nash better than Rose? GTFO w/ that. That's just hating. CP3 and D-Will are clearly 1 and 2 for PG rankings. And Rose, Rondo, and Westbrook are 3-5 (I personally feel it goes Rondo/Rose/Westbrook, but arguments can be made for other orders).

Do you know what TRUE PG means??:facepalm: Those guys i mentioned are better than Rose at being elite natural true PG's rose is a combo guard who has to learn to pass more..
The raiders fan was right about you:facepalm:

dodie53
01-07-2011, 10:58 PM
yes he is

BkOriginalOne
01-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Of course he is elite, he is one of the few PGs that would be able to win a finals mvp.

hugepatsfan
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Do you know what TRUE PG means??:facepalm: Those guys i mentioned are better than Rose at being elite natural true PG's rose is a combo guard who has to learn to pass more..
The raiders fan was right about you:facepalm:

How is Rose not a "true PG" but Westbrook is? Rose averages more assists per game. This idea of a "true PG" is ridiculous. There is more than one way for a PG to be effective.

Now, if you want to argue that Westbrook is a more well rounded player than Rose (because of defense), that's fine. But to say that he is a true PG while Rose is not is ridiculous.

It's stupid how people ranks PGs based on their passing skills and think anyone that isn't a great passer isn't a legitimate PG. There is more to being a good PG than just passing.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM
How is Rose not a "true PG" but Westbrook is? Rose averages more assists per game. This idea of a "true PG" is ridiculous. There is more than one way for a PG to be effective.

Now, if you want to argue that Westbrook is a more well rounded player than Rose (because of defense), that's fine. But to say that he is a true PG while Rose is not is ridiculous.

It's stupid how people ranks PGs based on their passing skills and think anyone that isn't a great passer isn't a legitimate PG. There is more to being a good PG than just passing.

Your right like defense which rose doesn't make the gap between him and nash because nash is not good defensively but his offensive abilities override the defensive gap... Second why are you on rose's nuts hes a good player probably top 10 in the league but when it comes to a PG he's not good at it he is what i said he is a combo guard, do you know what that is..
Guys like nash kidd westbrook are more effective because they get their team involved and still get there portion to..
A PG's job is to be to the leader of the offense and help everyone get involved and orchestrate the game properly, rose pretty much relies on himself 98% of the time which is why his turnovers are also so high..I still don't get why the bulls don't post boozer up a lot to give rose some rest on offense which might help his assists go higher and help him be more efficient..Also a guy of rose's calibre who can break guys down so easily and get to the rim can easily get double digit assists if deron can rose should be more than capable
Maybe your right on westbrook since your trying really hard to argue and not getting anywhere ill give you westbrook then but that still doesn't make rose top 5...

momoneyyyy
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
yeah he is!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
he's arguably the best PG in the game!

AntiG
01-08-2011, 12:00 AM
One of the top 3 PGs in basketball along with Deron and Paul, tossup between these three, Rondo is a better defender, rebounder and passer than them but the other two are superior scorers.

dynasty7961
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
If the best PG in the NBA isnt considered elite, then sure.

GunFactor187
01-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Without a question, but here's where the real questions lie, can he still be as productive without Pierce, Allen, KG, AND Shaq? Can he make players that aren't as talented as he is better?

Sadds The Gr8
01-08-2011, 12:41 AM
:facepalm: @ this thread.

Rndy
01-08-2011, 02:01 AM
I think Rondo is an elite point guard. He gets his team involved with the best of them. And I see no reason Rondo can't get better at shooting.

masalex1205
01-08-2011, 02:17 AM
yes he is an elite PG

RedSoxFan2434
01-08-2011, 02:25 AM
OMFG I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND LIK A HOMER BUT CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW.

Rondo in my opinion is the greatest "PG" in the game

For some reason ppl say a pg has to shoot. Watching Rondo play every day I know first hand the guy can shoot, he just doesn't have too. His shot has improved greatly. Free Throws are a problem because of his abnormally huge hands.

Rondo, if i'm building a team i'd take first for a pg but all around including shot he's 3 after Paul and D-Will and b4 Nash and Rose

But this thread should be closed now obviously he's elite.

RedSoxFan2434
01-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Rondo isn't just the best passer in the game he is the best defensive, rebound, court vision, playmaking, leader pg in the game.

Rondo is unique from every other athlete in sports. The casual fan says Rondo isn't that great bcse all they look at is stats or maybe see him on sports center passing a ball a few times on a highlight real. Until you watch Rondo play and not just look at stats you won't respect him. He is fun to watch and thats unique cause in bball you think "fun to watch" means dunking scoring, points. Rondo's playmaking in general is "fun to watch."

BHF
01-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Rondo isn't just the best passer in the game he is the best defensive, rebound, court vision, playmaking, leader pg in the game.

ok there calm down lets not push it :facepalm:

Rego247
01-08-2011, 02:37 AM
yes. hes a excellent rebounder, defender, and passer, his court vision rivals nash's at this point. if that isnt considered elite i dont know what is.

thebet
01-08-2011, 02:39 AM
umm... yea... I'd rather have Rose

Hustlenomics
01-08-2011, 02:52 AM
ok there calm down lets not push it :facepalm:

wasn't even an exaggeration lol

umm... yea... I'd rather have Rose

lmao damn .. :o

BHF
01-08-2011, 02:58 AM
wasn't even an exaggeration lol

lmao damn .. :o

yes it was he does not have the court vision of nash or kid not even close

Hustlenomics
01-08-2011, 03:00 AM
yes it was he does not have the court vision of nash or kid [B]not even close

lol watch him play

Kashmir13579
01-08-2011, 03:05 AM

this, and yes.

/thread

Duncan = Donkey
01-08-2011, 03:05 AM
he is very very good, overrated passer though (not in the league of kidd,nash)

hgtiger32
01-08-2011, 03:32 AM
why the hell does every thread turn into a who is better- rondo, rose or westbrook thread? that ***** gets old people!

thebet
01-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Rondo's assists don't even really impress me when he's playing beside KG, Pierce, and Allen... Elite PG on the Celtics? Yes. But who wouldn't be?

ElMarroAfamado
01-08-2011, 04:48 AM
you say someone is an elite point guard when your man is 3 feet from you daring you to shoot from the perimeter...you cant...and just cause he makes like 2-15 or 2-20 doesnt mean anything..its really pathetic especially since he is in the NBA

Duncan = Donkey
01-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Rondo's assists don't even really impress me when he's playing beside KG, Pierce, and Allen... Elite PG on the Celtics? Yes. But who wouldn't be?

I agree, when i watch the Celtics most of his assist seem to be hand offs for jumpers or curls with ray allen. He obviously makes some crafty passes as well, but he is not on the level of a Kidd or a Nash at passing though IMO.

NetsPaint
01-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Maybe I'll consider him being elite if he makes an open lay-up instead of getting his assists total up.

sp1derm00
01-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Rondo shoots a good FG% (though not a good TS%). He rebounds better than most PG's. Is probably the best PG defender. Is at least Top 5 in passing even if you consider the level of talent he has.

He's solid and definitely elite. The only PG's I would take over him for another franchise are Dwill, Drose, and maybe CP3 if his knee doesn't slow him down too much more.

Method28
01-08-2011, 07:42 AM
If you still don't think that he is elite, you just don't know basketball. And elite is not just being able to score a ton of points.

No its not JUST being able to score points...but thats gotta be part of the package in my opinion.

Elite should be saved for the very best players. The complete package. Not a player who excels in a couple phases of the game. Is he a top 5 pg....probably. I'd say only CP3 and DWill are elite at the pg position.

hugepatsfan
01-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Without a question, but here's where the real questions lie, can he still be as productive without Pierce, Allen, KG, AND Shaq? Can he make players that aren't as talented as he is better?

He did average 16.9 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 9.8 assists per game in the playoffs the year that KG missed was injured (and Shaq wasn't on the team). That was a span of 14 games.

He can score more than this year's average would indicate. He's taking the same amount of shots per game as he did in his 1st year as a starter, despite him obviously having more of a prominant offensive role. The Celtics are just so deep and talented this year that in most cases the smart play is a pass.

Why should Rondo take a floater when he could dump it off to Shaq for an easy dunk? Why should he drive to the hoop when he can get Ray coming off a screen for an open 3? I'd be pissed if he did that consistantly. I don't give a damn about Rondo's scoring stats - I want the easiest shot possible as often as possible.

Rondo proved the year that KG went down in the postseason that he has the ability to take on a more prominent role scoring the basketball when the team needs it. But he will always be a pass first player. Ideally, I'd like to see him shoot himself a bit more because I feel that some of his passes lead to turnovers when he had a makeable shot of his own. But the whole BOS team overpasses - it's the offensive philosophy for the team.

Remember, he's still only 24 years old. People talk about Rondo like he's a finished product, but he's not. He still has some growing to do as a player. Nash didn't average 8 assists per game until he was 29, just for comparison. Rondo's still far from a finished product.

Daze9900
01-08-2011, 09:08 AM
People seem to be forgetting that he is an above average defender and his rebounding is better than most point guards. These two attributes push him into the elite category imo.

hugepatsfan
01-08-2011, 09:25 AM
People seem to be forgetting that he is an above average defender and his rebounding is better than most point guards. These two attributes push him into the elite category imo.

I think CP3 and D-Will are the only elite PGs in the NBA.

Lil Rhody
01-08-2011, 10:43 AM

See Luke Harrongody (however you spell it) and big baby davis

AIRMAR72
01-08-2011, 10:44 AM
look!!! KG, pierce and allen where on the decline till they teamed up with rondo its not all about scoring when your PG, its about distributing, maintaining your dribble, penertration at WILL in da paint setting your teammates up for easy shots or finding them at theyre favorite spots on da court.. playing D. calling out sets AND MAKING YOUR MATES BETTER rondo does that and his WILL and EFFORT are unmatched by any PG in the league today sure CP3 and deron are better on offense but rondo controlls the pace of da game ON BOTH END if you put rondo on the grizzley or hawks and players on those squads that were so so will look like allstars overnite it took jason kidd 10yrs to learn how to shoot but that didnt hinder him from making his teammates better RONDO comes to play everynite with the same WILL and EFFORT rondo is legit