PDA

View Full Version : Will the Sun's fans boo Amare tonight?

poleandreel
01-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't think they will since he wanted to stay.
What do you think?

SteBO
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes. Without question.

SNYmets86
01-07-2011, 12:40 PM
nah they wont

Giaps
01-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Mixed

champ101695
01-07-2011, 12:47 PM
mixed. or prob not

Slimsim
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
He will get the LBJ treatment

Mikey Roxx
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
You'll have some booes, sure, but it'll be a small amount drowned out by the standing ovation he'll get.

dhopisthename
01-07-2011, 12:55 PM
obviously I would need to hear some suns opinions on this but I don't think they should, I sure some will, but if I remember right he would have gone back to phoenix if they would have matched the knicks offer but they didn't want to with his knees not being the best

Matrix3132
01-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Standing ovation. The parting was mutual, amare gave a lot to the franchise, most suns fans don't blame him for wanting the money and also agree with management for not paying him the same. Suns fans also know it's only a matter of time before he needs another knee surgery...it was the end of the deal they were worried about.

Also amare didn't promise a title to the city nor hold the team hostage like LBJ, completely different scenario

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2011, 01:05 PM
i don't think so. I think he'll get cheered mostly. Like 75% cheered, 25% booed.

Avenged
01-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Didn't he leave on good terms and sent the organization a thank you letter or something? I say they cheer for him in introductions but give him mix reactions once the game starts.

mikantsass
01-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I dont think they will boo.... The suns did not want to bring Amare back at a max salary. So he left via free agency. You cant blame him for that. He did nothing to embarass his teammates, coaches or the Suns organization.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-07-2011, 01:09 PM
I dont get it u resign Grant Hill,Steve Nah and low ball Amare.... Thank u PHX... And i think it will be a mix.

levignjw
01-07-2011, 01:11 PM
They shouldn't.

todu82
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I think he gets a mixed reaction with more cheers than boos.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
lol, why would they boo him?

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 01:14 PM
He will get the LBJ treatment

I must have missed amare's hour long special used to make the sun's fans look like dumb *******s....

Weezy
01-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Its going to be mixed.

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 01:18 PM
i dont think he should get booed, but who knows.

Giancarlor
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I hope they don't boo him, but again i'm sure some will. Amare hasn't said anything bad about the organization even when they didn't offer him the max. I'm sure some sun fans will use what he said the other day as an incentive to boo though. (He doesnt think the suns got anybody that can stop him" something around those lines.

jetsfan28
01-07-2011, 01:28 PM
You'll have some booes, sure, but it'll be a small amount drowned out by the standing ovation he'll get.

This

Basketball fans in general understand the difference between $60 million guaranteed and $100 million guaranteed.

smith&wesson
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
They should cheer him on due to the things he has done for the team. and they should boo theyre GM for not resigning him. its really not his fault. amare and nash took the team to the wcf finals last year, and then the GM lets 1 of his 2 best players walk, obviously he cares about money more then winning.

Slimsim
01-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I must have missed amare's hour long special used to make the sun's fans look like dumb *******s....

I was being a Sarcastic *******

Missing56&33
01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I think they will give him a standing ovation. Its not Amar'e fault they a bad GM in Steve Kerr. Amar'e did a lot for the Suns. But he's where he is suppose to be right now.

Wade_County
01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I think they will give him a standing ovation. Its not Amar'e fault they a bad GM in Steve Kerr. Amar'e did a lot for the Suns. But he's where he is suppose to be right now.

Wasnt Kerrs fault, Ownership did not want to shell out for Amare. And after that Kerr resigned.

Suns fans should boo ownership not Amare, he wanted to stay there but they didnt want to pay the man. Thinking that Nash would carry the team without Amare, well look how that turned out.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
01-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Nice welcome back, with mostly cheers...

Knickfan4lifee
01-07-2011, 01:46 PM
i think it will be mixed but I do think theyre gonna cheer him during player introductions

lvlheaded
01-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I think he gets a standing o before the game starts than mixed results once he starts to score

beasted86
01-07-2011, 01:53 PM
He will get booed.

NYKalltheway
01-07-2011, 01:55 PM
They shouldn't. It's not just coz of the money, it seemed that the Suns management betrayed Amare by not believing that he could be a top level player and wanted many assurances. On the other hand, Knicks trusted him and offered him what he wanted.

Maybe the fans will be bitter because he left no matter under what condition, but they should not jeer him

MrfadeawayJB
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
He did so much for that franchise...also he wanted to stay, but phx didnt want to pay max money...so dont boo the guy

cchrisc773
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't see why they would IMO.

The Suns are and aging team and he was ready for a change. Amare was a free agent so he was free to leave. The Suns new he was more then likely gone, so IMO that is there fault they did not shop him before the deadline last season to get something in return instead of letting him walk.

Shaq- HE did ORlando dirty when he left, he indicated to the team he wanted to stay and win titles win them. I mean who really thought he was leading after they where coming off a title appearance and a ECF run back to back seasons?

Lebron- Same thing. If these guys know they are leaving give the current team a heads up so they can try to get value back.

G-Hill- Sure the guy almost died so he could play again, sure he is a great guy. However, he had a huge contract with Orlando over 6 years in which he played at best 200 games total. When he became a free agent Orlando offered him a smaller contract and he left to join the Suns. I guess ORlando fans thought that was greedy for him to do that. Since, he basically got paid to do nothing for 6 years.

phoenix_bladen
01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
He should not get booed just because he found another team willing to guarantee him 40 more million..... if you guys were offered the same job offer you ALL would go for it.

Also the suns were shopping amare for the past 2 seasons even before free agency ... obviously keeping him wasn't a number 1 priority it seemed. I was really shocked at first when I heard news the suns were shopping him.... why still build around an aging star in nash when you still have amare when at that time he was around age 26-27? didn't make any sense to me.....

Also the sun's ownership has also in the past traded away draft picks for cash.....

do I need to remind you they traded away draft rights to deng, rondo, rudy fernandez, nate robinson?

the list probably goes on....

in my opinion he's in a much better situation this year.... i still think the suns over achieved last year..... sure nash is still playing great but who else do they have? He'd most likely retire in about 2 seasons and who is amare going to play with had he stayed? He's also playing with a cheap owner..... who's to say he wouldn't cut salary again when nash retires and screw the team up again?

STAT1
01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Nobody is mad at him. Well boo our FO if we could. He left on good terms. Hes gonna be in our ring of honor one day.

b_russ
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Does D'Antoni ever get booed when he comes back?

Da Knicks
01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't see why they would IMO.

The Suns are and aging team and he was ready for a change. Amare was a free agent so he was free to leave. The Suns new he was more then likely gone, so IMO that is there fault they did not shop him before the deadline last season to get something in return instead of letting him walk.

Shaq- HE did ORlando dirty when he left, he indicated to the team he wanted to stay and win titles win them. I mean who really thought he was leading after they where coming off a title appearance and a ECF run back to back seasons?

Lebron- Same thing. If these guys know they are leaving give the current team a heads up so they can try to get value back.

G-Hill- Sure the guy almost died so he could play again, sure he is a great guy. However, he had a huge contract with Orlando over 6 years in which he played at best 200 games total. When he became a free agent Orlando offered him a smaller contract and he left to join the Suns. I guess ORlando fans thought that was greedy for him to do that. Since, he basically got paid to do nothing for 6 years.

Melo is doing that right now and people still talk crap about him.:eyebrow:

xbrackattackx
01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Amare is Class,Class and More Class. He thanks all of phx for his time there and was never a douche about it. No way he should get booed. He is playing out of his mind this year. And he wanted to stay

JPHX
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
He'll get a standing O. He left on good terms.

D-Leethal
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
If anyone should get booed its Kerr and Sarver........I feel bad for Suns fan when Amare drops 40+ tonight........they really don't have anyone that can give him trouble on D

Boozerguy47
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Those with a semi-functional brain or better will not boo him.

HeaTxRipZz
01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
I really don't see why they would boo him atleast majority of the fans. He didn't leave on bad terms and even took the time out to write a letter to the fans saying Thank You. Not many famous people feel obligated to do that for fans let alone even show the proper respect to us fans.

godolphins
01-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Sure why not

Crackadalic
01-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I remember utah fans booed fisher knowing why he left for the lakers. wouldnt be surprise if they booed amare because they dont get it lol

king4day
01-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Suns fans don't hate Amar'e for leaving. They hate Sarver for being cheap and not resigning him.
He took out a page in a phoenix newspaper thanking fans. People still love him.

I would be willing to put anything on the line that he'll get a standing ovation tonight. You can bank on that.

Maybe have the fans do an 'A-MA-RE' chant when he's at the line to shove it up Sarvers *** at how big a dumbass he is.

evadatam5150
01-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I don't think they will since he wanted to stay.
What do you think?

yep

Giraffes Rule
01-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Sooo did they boo or cheer him? I was watching the Spurs game.

Sadds The Gr8
01-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Sooo did they boo or cheer him? I was watching the Spurs game.

i read that he got a standing ovation

Duncan = Donkey
01-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Yer he got a standing ovation when he was introduced. Kinda to be expected.

cchrisc773
01-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Melo is doing that right now and people still talk crap about him.:eyebrow:

I believe honestly, they are more upset that Melo and Amare are trying to start another 3 ALL-Star duo on one team. Here is the problem with that IMO. Today with so many teams in the league, there are not enough ALL-Stars to spread along every team. IN the 70's and even the 80's when there was less teams in the league, it was not uncommon to see this. Now however, this should be honestly near impossible. The Heat did it by taking less money and now the Knicks are trying to make it happen. I think the only thing that upsets fans/ Critics with Melo is, if true he is playing the Nuggets hand. They would like to move him to the NETS who give them the best opportunity with picks and young talent to rebuild if Melo leaves. However, Melo's people or someone is basically saying Melo will not extend his contract to go to New Jersey which is a show stopper for the Nets. If Melo's demands are Knicks or don't trade me, I believe he is handcuffing a organization he will only crush when he leaves as a Free Agent.

How about look, I don't want to be here and I also don't want to sign and extension. I prefer to test the market. Tell teams my intentions and if a deal that helps you guys long term and they understand short term then I am down.

Trade me to only the Knicks though, that is bad business IMO.

madiaz3
01-08-2011, 03:18 AM
announcers said suns introduced amare third instead of last as not to allow it to go on for too long