PDA

View Full Version : How Sad.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2011, 09:15 AM
isnt she supposed to be the best american basketball woman player ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/news/story?id=5984255

obcha22
01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
WNBA has officially arrived as a pro sport. It is sad but i guess the fact that we would believe women would behave any differently than men in the same pressure situation is naive. the day to day pressure to perform at the highest level even when your body isn't up to it.
If this comes back as a positive I wonder how much tougher the wnba will get with their testing. I also wonder if the NBA will start doing the same with more diligence

thawv
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Lucky for her.............nobody cares about the sport. Or her for that matter.

Hellcrooner
01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
WNBA has officially arrived as a pro sport. It is sad but i guess the fact that we would believe women would behave any differently than men in the same pressure situation is naive. the day to day pressure to perform at the highest level even when your body isn't up to it.
If this comes back as a positive I wonder how much tougher the wnba will get with their testing. I also wonder if the NBA will start doing the same with more diligence

Dont think so, the doping control policy of the league is a joke, i dont remeber an nba player testing positive for substantces different than leisure drugs, oddly enough some nba players have tested positive in europe when they have left the leage, last example Juan Dixon.
Add that to the fact that in 1990 David Stern reached an agreement with olynmpic comitee when they were in the talks to allow nba players to play lympics that nba players( not only americans, foreigners in the league get the protection too) would be tested in Usa by the league but would not be tested by olympěc comitee or fiba officials during wolrd cups and olympěcs........supsicious at least.

asandhu23
01-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Lisa Leslie

IHeartNY
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I really, really .... REALLY wonder ... that a spainard is posting a doping thread ... cough Contador ... cough cough Valverde ... ;)

Hellcrooner
01-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I really, really .... REALLY wonder ... that a spainard is posting a doping thread ... cough Contador ... cough cough Valverde ... ;)

1 Contador is on Trial right now, it still hasnt being proved if he did or not.
If he did he will be punished, if nto he will go on winning tours.
btw is the trial agfainst Argmnstrong advancing in usa?.
Anyway ALL CYCLERS do make dope, the sooner they realize it the better for everyone.

2 I dont know if it made the news in Usa but two weeks ago Spanish Olympc COmitee in colaboration with the police made an operation and caught the leaders of the Doping Mafia in atheltism in the country and some spainsh ahtletes are being tried right now in regrads to it including the best athlete FEMALE in spains history, Marta Fernadez, who not only did dope herself but is in the head of the mafia that sells the drugs :speechless:
So our comitment into fighting vs doping allows no doubt.

GunFactor187
01-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Candace Parker = Best American Women's Basketball Player

utahjazzno12fan
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Did I read this right? It is a drug to help with sleep disorder? What advantage does that give someone? This is coming from a UConn hater and a big UT fan.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Candace Parker = Best American Women's Basketball Player

Yup, n a SEXY one too

ttam68
01-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Year round professional basketball sounds like it would lead to doping

xbrackattackx
01-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Yup, n a SEXY one too

Would Smash that.

rabzouz 96
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
cant be true, basketball players dont dope becuase extra muscle mass would make em lose their speed lol

oh and big surprise that a sports pro dopes

stawka
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM

Would Smash that.

Already have!

sportscrazy34
01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
One thing to take note of ,Turkey doing the testing. Lots of athletes don't like or trust them.

Meanwhile, two of Taurasi's teammates at Fenerbahce resisted doping tests in Turkey because they do not trust the lab that tested her samples, Turkey's Haberturk newspaper said.

Penny Taylor of Australia and Hana Horakova of the Czech Republic provided samples only after the Turkish federation agreed to send them to Germany for testing at a lab in Cologne.

AddiX
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Why would they not trust Turkey? not that I care about womans basketball, but it is interesting to see how sports is done in other countries.

jetsfan28
01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
The only sad thing is that there is a 0% chance that you would have made this thread if she were from Spain instead of America.

td0tsfinest
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
What I found interesting in the article was :

Taurasi is one of many American stars who play overseas in the winter because salaries are significantly higher than the WNBA's summer league.

I wonder how much more.

rickshaw
01-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Womens Sports/Nobody Cares Forum?

sep11ie
01-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I just can't believe that I understod one of Crooner's thread titles.

LA_Raiders
01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Sad.

Now I know why she looks like a caracter from Beetlejuice