PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron's career was to end today...

Pages : [1] 2

Meatmypet
01-07-2011, 04:50 AM
due to a career ending injury, you would place him in the future Hall of Fame ballot?

Discuss.

*Edit*

I guess ballot would be more of an obvious choice-- how about actually inducting him to the the Hall of Fame.

210Don
01-07-2011, 04:55 AM
sure why not.

abe_froman
01-07-2011, 05:01 AM
sure why not.

what he said.

he certainly has the career accomplishments to deserve induction,let alone be on the ballot

Stuckey#3
01-07-2011, 05:07 AM
If Lebron's career ended today... he would still have no rings. Two MVP awards but that's it really. He was a role player for Team USA and was blown out of his only finals appearance.

Stuckey#3
01-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Again... you guys know that there is a Heat forum right?

Rosh
01-07-2011, 05:10 AM
If Lebron's career ended today... he would still have no rings. Two MVP awards but that's it really. He was a role player for Team USA and was blown out of his only finals appearance.

And he'd be the only player in NBA history to have his career ended by a PSD hypothetical.

Truth is, the man is one of the most gifted athletic specimens we've ever seen. Brilliant basketball IQ and one of the biggest game changers the game has seen. I'd put him in for sure.

Avenged
01-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Yes, just look at what he did for Cleveland practically by himself. Also adding in his international success + his 2 league MVPs.

abe_froman
01-07-2011, 05:12 AM

need i remind you every mvp winner is in the hof.(the exceptions are still playing so are ineligible).you dont need rings to be in the hall,ask gervin,barkley,nique,hawkins,stockton,ect.

nygiants242
01-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Nope.

ElMarroAfamado
01-07-2011, 05:20 AM
they should kick everyone out and just rename The Hall of Kings
since he will go down as the best player in the history of the world
without a jumpshot
and without rings

koLohe2133
01-07-2011, 05:22 AM
If lebrons career ended today....

Espn would **** themselves....no lebron or favre?

Lebron would hold an hour long special to declare his candidacy to the hall of fame, and when he gets in, he would have bosh and wade introduce him

shep33
01-07-2011, 05:28 AM
Yeah he'd be in for sure. 2 MVPs.

Meatmypet
01-07-2011, 05:54 AM

I would, but then I'd only hear Heat fans opinions on it, and we all know how much homerism there'll be in that group.

Meatmypet
01-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Nope.

Care to put in your 2cents on why not?

Supa
01-07-2011, 06:34 AM
He has done enough to be HOF locked.

---

Supa
01-07-2011, 06:35 AM
He has done enough to be HOF locked.

---

Bruno
01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
He's a HOF lock. Even if he retired today, it might not be first ballot, but he'd be in after a few years of eligibly. His career totals in stats are still low relative to other first ballot HOFers.

KnicksorBust
01-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Someone please name me the 2x MVP that isn't in the HoF? This isn't even a debate.

Khalifa21
01-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Yessir.

2x MVP, scoring champ, triple double machine, 1st team All-defense, 1st team All-NBA...

xabial
01-07-2011, 08:13 AM
2nd in DPOY

NYKalltheway
01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Someone please name me the 2x MVP that isn't in the HoF? This isn't even a debate.

This. Anyone who disagrees is just another hater

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 08:33 AM
need i remind you every mvp winner is in the hof.(the exceptions are still playing so are ineligible).you dont need rings to be in the hall,ask gervin,barkley,nique,hawkins,stockton,ect.

He's a bit slow you would have to excuse him. Haterade does that to the mind apparently.

Gators123
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Of course.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM

So every player thread belongs in his respective team's forum? Thanks for enlightening us. :rolleyes:

LeBron is the most talked about person in all of sports excuse so many posters for wanted to start thread on him that usually reach 200+. This has nothing to do with the Heat forum.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Obviously LeBron is a HOFer there is no debating that but what would be his legacy?

I would just say the obvious. The greatest player in NBA history to never win it all.

May not have as much #s as all the others but as far as accolades no one else even holds a flame to him.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Nope.

I would love to hear some logical reason as to why you or anyone would say no but that clearly does not exist so I won't even bother asking.

mttwlsn16
01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
heat forum. dont care.

SteBO
01-07-2011, 09:36 AM
heat forum. dont care.

Don't post then. :shrug:

arkanian215
01-07-2011, 09:36 AM

Lebron would hold an hour long special to declare his candidacy to the hall of fame, and when he gets in, he would have bosh and wade introduce him

It's not that hard to keep the hype machine going. They have a couple of guys waiting anyway.

SteBO
01-07-2011, 09:38 AM
LeBron's a hall of famer. Not very debatable.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 09:40 AM
don't post watch. :shrug:

fixed

SteBO
01-07-2011, 09:53 AM
fixed

RaJAxTWa
01-07-2011, 09:53 AM
this is the nba forum and no1 cares bout the heat
can someone tell me why every poll question always leads to an NBA vs Miami Heat fight?
they didnt prove anything besides winning in teh regular season in my opniion they have a long way to go until you strt comparing them to jordan's bull, bird's celtics, or magic johnson/ kobe's lakers so seriously enough talking bout them cause you treat them like they are gods and all they can do is win in regular season i want someone to tell me how many finals apperances teh big 3 man have in all their careers cause kobe has more rings than the big 3 final apperances am i right?

SteBO
01-07-2011, 09:59 AM
can someone tell me why every poll question always leads to an NBA vs Miami Heat fight?
they didnt prove anything besides winning in teh regular season in my opniion they have a long way to go until you strt comparing them to jordan's bull, bird's celtics, or magic johnson/ kobe's lakers so seriously enough talking bout them cause you treat them like they are gods and all they can do is win in regular season i want someone to tell me how many finals apperances teh big 3 man have in all their careers cause kobe has more rings than the big 3 final apperances am i right?

Read the thread title please. It's about what LeBron has accomplished already. This post brings nothing to the conversation, so i suggest thinking before posting. No disrespect to you.

Minimal
01-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Go read some books, maybe you will learn how to read.

SteBO
01-07-2011, 10:15 AM

:hi5: Great minds think alike I guess.

ignorance=bliss
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
As much as a duesch bag The Bron is. And he really really is. It would be absolutley ridiculous to say no. I'm a Kobe guy. Love him. Still think he is better then The Bron, and again come this playoffs Kobe will show why. However that is a discussion for another day.
In The Bron's defense I will say this, I have seen him do some things that I have never seen anyone do before. The sheer speed and power alone with the guy just baffles me. He has statistically dominated the league in just about every category you can name, and FOR THAT I give him credit.

I will end with this. While I would put him in, let me make this clear that if his career did end today it would be like this Lebron was good, even great at times, but not in MJ, Kobe, Bill Russell, Bird, Magic etc. category. Gotta have that bling bling to be considered one of the elite. The Bron has...shall we say layed an egg so far in that category. Might I also add, that he might never ever be considered close to MJ or Kobe even if he does win a ring now, because lets be honest, would Michael Jordan take the backseat to anyone for anything...Or kobe for that matter...Nope. That's the difference. Those players had that "it" factor. I just don't see The Bron having that. D-Wade might though. Dude is a beast.

I know it dragged on a bit but I really had to distinguish my opinion.

SteBO
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
As much as a duesch bag The Bron is. And he really really is. It would be absolutley ridiculous to say no. I'm a Kobe guy. Love him. Still think he is better then The Bron, and again come this playoffs Kobe will show why. However that is a discussion for another day.
In The Bron's defense I will say this, I have seen him do some things that I have never seen anyone do before. The sheer speed and power alone with the guy just baffles me. He has statistically dominated the league in just about every category you can name, and FOR THAT I give him credit.

I will end with this. While I would put him in, let me make this clear that if his career did end today it would be like this Lebron was good, even great at times, but not in MJ, Kobe, Bill Russell, Bird, Magic category. Gotta have that bling bling to be considered one fo the elite. The Bron has...shall we say layed an egg so far in that category. Might I also add, that he might never ever be considered even if he does win a ring now, because lets be honest, would Michael Jordan take the backseat to anyone for anything...Or kobe for that matter...Nope. That's the difference.

I know it dragged on a bit but I really had to distinguish my opinion.

That's okay. Let it out, cuz I'm with you 100% on this. Great post bro, and this is coming from a heat fan.

ignorance=bliss
01-07-2011, 10:23 AM
In my scewed opinion however I think Dwane Wade is better then The Bron though, so what do I know?

ATX
01-07-2011, 10:24 AM

This^

I've read some difficult posts before, but that one had to be one of the worst I've ever seen.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
No NBA MVP has not made the Hall of Fame.

/thread.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 12:12 PM
No NBA MVP has not made the Hall of Fame.

/thread.

That is technically incorrect you know ;)

beasted86
01-07-2011, 12:14 PM
That is technically incorrect you know ;)

Really?.....:facepalm:

No eligible NBA MVP has not made the Hall of Fame.

Happy?

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-07-2011, 12:37 PM
No,
But no matter what he can't get past Boston
So he would still end up with no rings

SteBO
01-07-2011, 12:38 PM
No,
But no matter what he can't get past Boston
So he would still end up with no rings

:rolleyes: Nice leap

Pens_fan_21
01-07-2011, 12:38 PM
if it all ended today he would be known as a really good player with no championship, a TV special that everyone makes fun of, and a city left with a real bitter taste in its mouth...beyond that what would we expect?!

29$JerZ
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
No

He'd be along the Hill/Tracy situations where they had amazing careers early on but either injuries happened, no rings,etc

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 12:42 PM
No

He'd be along the Hill/Tracy situations where they had amazing careers early on but either injuries happened, no rings,etc

Doess T-Mac or G-Hill have an MVP or better yet 2? At no point in either of their respective careers were they better than LBJ is right now.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 01:09 PM
lol...This is ridiculous. Some of the same people in here said Iverson isn't a hall of fame player, but Lebron is? First of all, the MVP award is a joke. That was proven when Nash won back to back. Secondly being a gifted athlete and a physical specimen should never be criteria for making the hall of fame. Name a player thats played 8 years and made the hall of fame? Lebron is a gifted player and all that, but at this moment, hes no hall of fame player. Neither is wade. Is Kevin Durant a hall of famer? What about chris Bosh? I bet you guys think derrick rose is too.... Will Lebron be a Hof'er Of course i think he will, is he now?? hell no

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Doess T-Mac or G-Hill have an MVP or better yet 2? At no point in either of their respective careers were they better than LBJ is right now.

You clearly dont know basketball or didnt see Hill in his prime.

Avenged
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Really?.....:facepalm:

No eligible NBA MVP has not made the Hall of Fame.

Happy?

:laugh2:

llemon
01-07-2011, 01:24 PM
due to a career ending injury, you would place him in the future Hall of Fame ballot?

Discuss.

*Edit*

I guess ballot would be more of an obvious choice-- how about actually inducting him to the the Hall of Fame.

I'd be too happy to even think about it

beasted86
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
lol...This is ridiculous. Some of the same people in here said Iverson isn't a hall of fame player, but Lebron is? First of all, the MVP award is a joke. That was proven when Nash won back to back. Secondly being a gifted athlete and a physical specimen should never be criteria for making the hall of fame. Name a player thats played 8 years and made the hall of fame? Lebron is a gifted player and all that, but at this moment, hes no hall of fame player. Neither is wade. Is Kevin Durant a hall of famer? What about chris Bosh? I bet you guys think derrick rose is too.... Will Lebron be a Hof'er Of course i think he will, is he now?? hell no

You must be really stupid when it comes to basketball history to say that as there are a bunch with 8 or under. Your posts have lost all credibility.

And as I already pointed out, no NBA MVP eligible to get voted into the Hall of Fame has not got voted in.

LeBitteNoir
01-07-2011, 01:33 PM
LeBron is a beast. HOF guaranteed.

AntiG
01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
of course.

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
theres absolutely no doubt, look at the career numbers of a lot of HoF members and they just look laughable next to his. He has been arguably the best player in the league for the past 5 years, its a 100% lock if someone surgically removed his knee caps 10 minutes from now.

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 01:40 PM
No

silly to use their careers as examples considering neither has even retired and made themselves eligible for hall balloting. in any event, lebron has already surpassed their career accomplishments.

for what its worth, tmac should definitely make it and hill should definitely be considered.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
To settle this hall of fame nonsense once and for all... if Bill Walton played 10 injury riddled seasons, but won the MVP one year and got in since he won an MVP, every single MVP will make the Hall of Fame. Period.

Walton only had 2 All-NBA level seasons in his entire career due to injury.

Missing56&33
01-07-2011, 01:45 PM
no......a player of his caliber to not win a championship and to have played for multiple teams IMO would hurt his chances of making it to the HOF. It would be no different than Grant Hill situation.

Kenny
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Peoples hate of the man just take over any judgement they can have. Jeez the guy is a lock hall of famer theres nothing to debate here.

BadFish
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
It would be like if Art Modell died in my mind. Everyone would celebrate there would be a parade.

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 01:58 PM
no......a player of his caliber to not win a championship and to have played for multiple teams IMO would hurt his chances of making it to the HOF. It would be no different than Grant Hill situation.

it would be very different than the non-existent grant hill situation.

godolphins
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Why would you say "due to career ending injury"

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
You must be really stupid when it comes to basketball history to say that as there are a bunch with 8 or under. Your posts have lost all credibility.

And as I already pointed out, no NBA MVP eligible to get voted into the Hall of Fame has not got voted in.

Name me a "bunch". please.

ttam68
01-07-2011, 02:13 PM
2 time MVP, 7 time All-Star, one Finals appearance, ridiculous stats for the better part of a decade

He'd get in the Hall of Fame right now

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
lol@ ridiculous stats..... The "youngest to do something" isnt ridiculous stats...

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 02:21 PM
lol@ ridiculous stats..... The "youngest to do something" isnt ridiculous stats...

now you just sound stupid. he has some of the best career numbers of any player, ever.

i was going to respond to one of your posts, but its clear the nuance isn't worth wasting on you.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
then dont respond then.. Im not infatuated with Lebron like the rest of you. Im fed up with all this non-sense. Comparing him to great players before he even came into the league. Point blank im gonna continue to hate on lebron until he develops a jump shot, Wade gets injured in the playoffs and he still wins a championship, or he takes his talents the retirement home.

ATX
01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
now you just sound stupid. he has some of the best career numbers of any player, ever.

i was going to respond to one of your posts, but its clear the nuance isn't worth wasting on you.

Yep. He clearly isn't worth discussing this issue with. He's too blinded by his hatred for LeBron to comprehend what he already acheived in this league. Let's not forget the man is 25 years old, and has plenty of prime years ahead. When all is said and done, his accolades will be scary.

Edit: 26 years old. Forgot he just had a birthday.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Yep. He clearly isn't worth discussing this issue with. He's too blinded by his hatred for LeBron to comprehend what he already acheived in this league. Let's not forget the man is 25 years old, and has plenty of prime years ahead. When all is said and done, his accolades will be scary.

Yes WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE. But since all isnt said and done.... And i dont hate lebron, its more that i hate people like you who love him because he's your king. He aint my king. If i were to call another man a king, he would be a winner. Lebron is no winner. Regular season stats mean next to nothing to me. Playoff stats is what counts in my eyes. Lucky for you your not forced to see things from my perspective. My favorite players of all time are Magic, Kobe, Bird, and Jordan.. You know what separates them from your "king"?? They've been crowned.. And they did'nt have a summit with one another to discuss playing on each others team. Hall of famers are made in the playoffs imo, when it counts..

beasted86
01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Name me a "bunch". please.

1994 Buddy Jeannette 139
2004 Maurice Stokes 202
1985 Al Cervi 202
1987 Bob Houbregs 281
2002 Drazen Petrovic 290
1978 Jim Pollard 438
1959 George Mikan 439
1970 Bob Davies 462
1993 Bill Walton 468
1996 George Yardley 472
1978 Joe Fulks 489
1990 Neil Johnston 516

All of the above players were inducted into the Hall of Fame playing less games than LeBron currently has.
K, thanks.

IrespectNumber3
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
There is only 2 back to back MVP winners who are not in the Hall of Fame

Steve Nash and Lebron James

You win 1 MVP award you a Hall of Famer its a 100 percent LOCK go look it up

IrespectNumber3
01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Multiple Winners

6 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar HOF
5 - Michael Jordan HOF
5 - Bill Russell HOF
4 - Wilt Chamberlain HOF
3 - Larry Bird HOF
3 - Magic Johnson HOF
3 - Moses Malone HOF
2 - LeBron James Active
2 - Tim Duncan Active
2 - Karl Malone HOF
2 - Steve Nash Active
2 - Bob Pettit HOF

LayZbone
01-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Lebron is a lock for the Hall of Fame. Saying otherwise is simply just hating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_in_the_Basketball_Hall_of_Fame

look at that list. there are plenty of players who don't have rings, and several with less accomplishments than Lebron.

2 NBA Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2010
NBA Rookie of the Year: 2004
NBA Scoring Champion: 2008
2 NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2006, 2008
6 NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
6 All-NBA:
--First Team: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
--Second Team: 2005, 2007
2 NBA All-Defensive:
--First Team: 2009, 2010
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 2004
Bronze medal with Team USA, 2004 Summer Olympic Games
Bronze medal with Team USA, 2006 FIBA World Championship
Gold medal with Team USA, 2007 FIBA Americas Championship
Gold medal with Team USA, 2008 Summer Olympic Games

One of four players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists in their rookie season.
--Includes Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan, Tyreke Evans.

One of five players in NBA history to average over 25 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists in a season (achieved this four times).
--Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this six times), John Havlicek (achieved this twice), Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan.

One of three players in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists in a season.
--Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this five times) and Michael Jordan.

One of four players in NBA history to average at least 31 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a season.
--Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this twice), Jerry West, and Michael Jordan.

One of two players in NBA history to average at least 27 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for six consecutive seasons.
--Behind Oscar Robertson, who achieved this eight consecutive times.

One of two players in NBA history to post at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists in a season for at least five seasons.
--Behind Oscar Robertson, who achieved this six times in his career.

One of four players in NBA history to average at least 25 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists for their career.
--Includes Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Michael Jordan.

Only player in NBA history to average at least 26 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for their career.

One of three players in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists in a postseason series.
--Includes Oscar Robertson and Larry Bird.

One of three players in NBA history to record a triple-double in their playoff debut.
--Includes Johnny McCarthy and Magic Johnson.

One of two players in NBA history to win the NBA Player of the Month Award four times for two consecutive seasons.
--Tied with Kevin Garnett, who achieved the same in the 2003-04 NBA Season.

One of four players in NBA history to lead their team in all five major statistical categories (total points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals) in a season (200809 season).
--Includes Dave Cowens (197778), Scottie Pippen (199495) and Kevin Garnett (200203).

1st player in NBA History to receive 2.5 million NBA All-Star votes on 3 separate occasions.

1st player in NBA History to score at least 40 points in the first road playoff game with 41 points at the Washington Wizards on April 28, 2006.

1st player in NBA History to lead the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks for two consecutive seasons (2008-2009, 2009-2010).

1st forward in NBA history to average more than 8.0 assists per game (2009-2010).

2nd place all-time for consecutive 20-point games to start a playoff career with 19.
--Behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 27 consecutive games

Most consecutive points scored for a team in a playoff game with 25 straight points at the Detroit Pistons on May 31, 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_LeBron_James

SteBO
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE. But since all isnt said and done.... And i dont hate lebron, its more that i hate people like you who love him because he's your king. He aint my king. If i were to call another man a king, he would be a winner. Lebron is no winner. Regular season stats mean next to nothing to me. Playoff stats is what counts in my eyes. Lucky for you your not forced to see things from my perspective. My favorite players of all time are Magic, Kobe, Bird, and Jordan.. You know what separates them from your "king"?? They've been crowned.. And they did'nt have a summit with one another to discuss playing on each others team. Hall of famers are made in the playoffs imo, when it counts..

Magic had: Kareem Abdul Jabar, the only reason Magic decided to come out of college.

Bird had: Dave Cowens, Tiny Archibald, Kevin McHale, Dennis Johnson, Robert Parish

MJ had: Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman(best rebounding forward in history), Horace Grant

Kobe has and had: Prime Shaq and Pau Gasol

LeBron had: Mo Williams :laugh2:, Delonte West :laugh2:, 34-year old Antawn Jamison :laugh2:

If you don't see a difference here, I don't know what to tell you.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Could you guys please stop debating whether or not LeBron is a HOFer. Anyone who says he isn't is being a clear and BLATANT hater. It makes no sense debating with these ***holes.

SteBO
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Could you guys please stop debating whether or not LeBron is a HOFer. Anyone who says he isn't is being a clear and BLATANT hater. It makes no sense debating with these ***holes.

/ the thread then.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
1994 Buddy Jeannette 139
2004 Maurice Stokes 202
1985 Al Cervi 202
1987 Bob Houbregs 281
2002 Drazen Petrovic 290
1978 Jim Pollard 438
1959 George Mikan 439
1970 Bob Davies 462
1993 Bill Walton 468
1996 George Yardley 472
1978 Joe Fulks 489
1990 Neil Johnston 516

All of the above players were inducted into the Hall of Fame playing less games than LeBron currently has.
K, thanks.

Oh ok, i thought i said seasons.. But i guess not.. So its games now? Well then yea, you can make it to the hall of fame playing 400 games.. But lookin at that list, some of those players made based on college more than anything.. (See Bill Walton).. Your welcome

PhillyFaninLA
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
If he retired out of the blue no, needs more time. If he suffers an injury and can't play anymore then yes.

PhillyFaninLA
01-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh ok, i thought i said seasons.. But i guess not.. So its games now? Well then yea, you can make it to the hall of fame playing 400 games.. But lookin at that list, some of those players made based on college more than anything.. (See Bill Walton).. Your welcome

Good point...its the basketball hall of fame not the NBA hall of fame.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Magic had: Kareem Abdul Jabar, the only reason Magic decided to come out of college.

Bird had: Dave Cowens, Tiny Archibald, Kevin McHale, Dennis Johnson, Robert Parish

MJ had: Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman(best rebounding forward in history), Horace Grant

LeBron had: Mo Williams :laugh2:, Delonte West :laugh2:, 34-year old Antawn Jamison :laugh2:

-Magic won a championship and a NBA finals MVP award as a rookie, playing center in game 7. Lebron could never do that

-Kobe won 5 championshops and 2 finals mvps, Lebron will never do that.

- Larry Bird led his team in every category is rookie year and took them to the eastern finals. The celtics went from 29-53 to 61-and 21 in birds first year. All this was before parish came.

-MJ, if anyone wants to argue lebron to mj, then they should ban themselves...

rickshaw
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM

2MVPs is not very impressive. Plus they don't induct players with no rings, and strongly consider their roles on Team USA

SteBO
01-07-2011, 03:32 PM
-Magic won a championship and a NBA finals MVP award as a rookie, playing center in game 7. Lebron could never do that

- Larry Bird led his team in every category is rookie year and took them to the eastern finals. The celtics went from 29-53 to 61-and 21 in birds first year. All this was before parish came.

Whatever man. I'm done with this thread. You're right. LeBron sucks. Hope he retires and becomes a ringless bum. :rolleyes:

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 03:33 PM
-Magic won a championship and a NBA finals MVP award as a rookie,playing center in game 7. Lebron could never do that

WRONG!

And to LeBron's defense prior to this season he has NEVER played with half the talent that any of those players had the pleasure of playing along side. So how in the hell could he lead his team to nothing more than 45 wins. Guess what he did. Kobe could never accomplished what LeBron did with such a roster.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
If he retired out of the blue no, needs more time. If he suffers an injury and can't play anymore then yes.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Whatever man. I'm done with this thread. You're right. LeBron sucks. Hope he retires and becomes a ringless bum. :rolleyes:

Thank you heat fan

RZZZA
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I guess it all depends on what your personal criteria is in order to make someone a Hall of Famer. Is it raw talent and ability? In that case, Lebron would surely be in.

Is it fulfilling your potential and winning championships? In that case, its too soon to make Lebron a hall of famer

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
WRONG!

And to LeBron's defense prior to this season he has NEVER played with half the talent that any of those players had the pleasure of playing along side. So how in the hell could he lead his team to nothing more than 45 wins. Guess what he did. Kobe could never accomplished what LeBron did with such a roster.

Its funny how people praised the cavs "TEAM" when they were winning 62 games, but say there crap after he leaves... lol

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Its funny how people praised the cavs "TEAM" when they were winning 62 games, but say there crap after he leaves... lol

No one praised that team, as a matter of a fact it was repeatedly said that that team was consistently over-performing, and they would never win anything until they got LeBron some real help. Like everyone of the greats before him not named Hakeem got before they could have won a ship.

ATX
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Go away troll. Shoo

Your ignorance is well documented in this thread. No need to continue dumbing up PSD.

rickshaw
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
yes when all is said and done. But since all isnt said and done.... And i dont hate lebron, its more that i hate people like you who love him because he's your king. He aint my king. If i were to call another man a king, he would be a winner. Lebron is no winner. Regular season stats mean next to nothing to me. playoff stats is what counts in my eyes. lucky for you your not forced to see things from my perspective. My favorite players of all time are magic, kobe, bird, and jordan.. You know what separates them from your "king"?? They've been crowned.. And they did'nt have a summit with one another to discuss playing on each others team. Hall of famers are made in the playoffs imo, when it counts..

29.4ppg 8.3rpg 7.3apg

WizFan3
01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
i guess

Swashcuff
Go away troll. Shoo

Your ignorance is well documented in this thread. No need to continue dumbing up PSD.

x2

J-Relo

Comparing accomplishments is not the way to compare players if:
a) one of them is still playing and the other already retired.
b) one of them has still more time to play (taking into account year pro or age).

29$JerZ

More like logical individuals.

No ring
less than a decade of work to his resume
Great peak

That's it

How does that solidify you as a HoF if it were to end today?

WizFan3
29.4ppg 8.3rpg 7.3apg

that much...dang

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 03:46 PM

No ring
Great peak

That's it

Could you name me one eligible MVP who has not been inducted into the HOF? Muchless a 2 two MVP. Also considering the fact that he is among G.O.A.T. PER and 3rd all time in scoring among the literally hundreds of other accolades in which he has accomplished over the course of his career.

How many combined rings does Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor, etc have? The same as LeBron and guess what they are all in the HOF. LeBron has already surpassed ALL of them in terms of accolades. So what do they have over him longevity? C'mon gimme a break you are being a total and complete turd.

Missing56&33
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post

it would be very different than the non-existent grant hill situation.

what I mean is that Grant Hill was well on his way to the HOF until he got hurt, he's not going to make it to the HOF because of that. Same thing with Lebron.....he's well on his way but if he gets hurt or leave the game right now he won't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post

I agree if he retires or gets injured either way his game has stopped and he hasn't done enough either way to get into the HOF.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM

Since you want to get technical, 10 out of the 12 have played 8 seasons or less.

Either way, last I checked you said:

Name a player thats played 8 years and made the hall of fame?

There's 10 right above in that list who have played 8 or under, so you don't know what you are talking about. Like I said, your posts hold no credibility. You are just a bitter hater of LeBron. That's it. You have no real reasoning for him not being in the Hall of Fame... and that's a good thing fans like you aren't voting. He'll get in first ballot, and I hope the thought of that sickens you to death.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM

No ring
Great peak

That's it

You know what's funny. IF LeBron came to NY in the off-season you would be singing ALL his praises as a the future G.O.A.T. but he didn't and look at how you are continuing to make a royal fool of yourself. Bitter much? Or just plain HATE? Whatever it is it really makes you sound beyond illiterate.

blueplanet
01-07-2011, 03:51 PM
YES. No doubt about his HOF induction and he'll still go down as one of the greatest talents to ever grace the court of basketball.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM
How many combined rings does Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor, etc have? The same as LeBron and guess what they are all in the HOF.

/thread.

blueplanet
01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
You know what's funny. IF LeBron came to NY in the off-season you would be singing ALL his praises as a the future G.O.A.T. but he didn't and look at how you are continuing to make a royal fool of yourself. Bitter much? Or just plain HATE? Whatever it is it really makes you sound beyond illiterate.

No doubt in my mind that LeBron would already be the GOAT if he chose NY and already be the 2nd GOAT if he chose the Bulls.

29$JerZ
01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Could you name me one eligible MVP who has not been inducted into the HOF? Muchless a 2 two MVP. Also considering the fact that he is among G.O.A.T. PER and 3rd all time in scoring among the literally hundreds of other accolades in which he has accomplished over the course of his career.

How many combined rings does Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor, etc have? The same as LeBron and guess what they are all in the HOF. LeBron has already surpassed ALL of them in terms of accolades. So what do they have over him longevity? C'mon gimme a break you are being a total and complete turd.

Says the one name calling? Insulting others doesn't add to your point.

Great career so far, no one is denying that.
Question was if his career was to end today would he be a HoF? I say no.

Look at Grant Hill's first 6 years.
Look at McGrady's peak years before he was injured.
Amazing stats and accolades but like LeBron they aren't 1st ballot HoF's are they?

If a MVP never made the Hof Lebron would be the first if his career ended today.

Avenged
01-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I just find it surprising that many don't think he would be a HOF if he were to retire right now or whatever. I don't like the guy much either, but damn!

There are players who haven't even played in the NBA that have made the HOF. He's done plenty to make it, but his 2 MVPs alone should get him in regardless.

J-Relo
01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
what I mean is that Grant Hill was well on his way to the HOF until he got hurt, he's not going to make it to the HOF because of that. Same thing with Lebron.....he's well on his way but if he gets hurt or leave the game right now he won't make it.

I agree if he retires or gets injured either way his game has stopped and he hasn't done enough either way to get into the HOF.

Lebron has done more than Hill.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM

Amazing stats and accolades but like LeBron they aren't 1st ballot HoF's are they?

If a MVP never made the Hof Lebron would be the first if his career ended today.

I don't do this much but :facepalm:

Your entire post makes absolutely NO sense. Neither Tracey nor Grant could hold a candle to LeBron as a matter of a fact to get LeBron you'd probably have to combined them both.

You really make no sense. You lost this argument a LOOOONNNGGG time ago. Tell me the last time either Tracy of Grant was able to lead a team to the finals............... go ahead I am waiting. There are literally hundreds of other points that I am yet to make but I'll stop right here because you ma'am have no appreciation for the game whatsoever. Oh and niether Tracy nor Grant deserve to be in the discussion with LeBron when talking about accolades.

Hustlenomics
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
he would forever be remembered as the crab dribbling diva that left his hometown on national tv
just kidding he's a great player

PhillyFaninLA
01-07-2011, 04:02 PM

My point is that if he retired today because he just didn't want to play anymore or he had other interests he wished to pursue he is walking away from a career that is established and on its way to being one of the great careers ever. But he is voluntarily walking away having not played long enough in my opinion.

If he was injured and could never play again as a result of that then he has shown that he was a legit first ballot hall of famer that didn't finish his career because he couldn't. I'm no going to take the hall of fame from a guy that never finished his career because he couldn't, assuming he's played as long as Lebron has. I think you need atleast 5 or 6 years at a hall of fame level to start your career to get in with a career cut short by injury.

bklynny67
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
no way HOF for Lebron. there are other 2 time MVP winners who aren't in, and with no rings and less than 10 yrs in the league, he shouldnt make it.

blueplanet
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
LOL @ people saying he won't make it. Why make yourself that dumb in front of the entire PSD? You can hate but do that smartly and artfully.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Your argument has cheese holes in it since McGrady and Hill aren't even eligible to get voted in. For all you know both make it. Do you have any other examples at all?

Most of the people saying No just aren't making a decent argument.

ATX
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
no way HOF for Lebron. there are other 2 time MVP winners who aren't in, and with no rings and less than 10 yrs in the league, he shouldnt make it.

This is totaly false. Unless of course your talking about current players like Nash or Duncan. Do you really believe they won't be first ballot HOF? Beasted86 just went over this. Your post is 100% inaccurate. There have been plenty players to make the HOF with just 8 seasons. Again, see Beasted86's previous posts in this thread.

Fail

beasted86

Who? not NBA MVPs.

29$JerZ
I don't do this much but :facepalm:

Your entire post makes absolutely NO sense. Neither Tracey nor Grant could hold a candle to LeBron as a matter of a fact to get LeBron you'd probably have to combined them both.

You really make no sense. You lost this argument a LOOOONNNGGG time ago. Tell me the last time either Tracy of Grant was able to lead a team to the finals............... go ahead I am waiting. There are literally hundreds of other points that I am yet to make but I'll stop right here because you ma'am have no appreciation for the game whatsoever. Oh and niether Tracy nor Grant deserve to be in the discussion with LeBron when talking about accolades.

Since you can't respond maturely I'll end with this.
I answered the question, it's my opinion. Unlike you I didn't call others wrong for answering a hypothetical question.

LeBron has a great career as of now, if it were to end right this minute he would not be a HoF. I know his stats and accolades, you clearly are incapable of debate because your getting offended off a question that is strictly opinionated base; not factual.

Like Hill/Tracy each had an amazing Peak but look at the 2's current status in the NBA and compare it to guys who have a longer resume of work. Just because your amazing your first few years doesn't mean your guaranteed a HoF slot already. It's irrelevant how good LeBron is to Hill or Tracy, both had amazing HoF like careers before injuries cut them short and now they aren't HoF 1st ballots.

JordansBulls
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM

MJ turned a losing franchise into a dynasty. Not only that he got a rookie Pippen that was coming off the bench. You act like he got a prime Pippen or something.

Lebron had to leave his team to win elsewhere sorta like Wilt had to do.
Simply put anyone can win like that.

Swashcuff
Your argument has cheese holes in it since McGrady and Hill aren't even eligible to get voted in. For all you know both make it. Do you have any other examples at all?

In all honesty there is not argument that can be made and history has proven that. There is NO example anyone could use its simply ignorance and hatred.

thekmp211

there's one actually, and he's not in the HoF because he is still playing in the league. thanks for coming.

JordansBulls
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
As far as topic is concerned, hell yes he is a hall of famer. Dude has 2 mvp's, led in PER 3x and Win Shares 2x as well as scoring and has been on the all nba and all defense team. Hell his resume now is better than a guy like Reggie Miller or even Scottie Pippen.

SteBO
01-07-2011, 04:10 PM
MJ turned a losing franchise into a dynasty. Not only that he got a rookie Pippen that was coming off the bench. You act like he got a prime Pippen or something.

Lebron had to leave his team to win elsewhere sorta like Wilt had to do.
Simply put anyone can win like that.

I agree for the most part, bt MJ didn't win squat until Pippen came into his own. That's my point. You can't win a championship with Mo Williams as your next best player. Noone can.

ATX
01-07-2011, 04:10 PM
there's one actually, and he's not in the HoF because he is still playing in the league. thanks for coming.

That's the weakest argument EVER. Nash will be a 1st ballot HOFer. :facepalm:

29$JerZ
01-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Did I say Hill/Tracy are HoF eligible?
I said both were on there way to make it but look at what happened to both their careers after 6-8 years of impressive work. Should their peak years be included in the Hof because they were amazing back then? Of course not, because there is more to being a HoF than stats.

No one can say for sure whether or not LeBron is a HoF as of now because there is more to being in a HoF than MVPs, rings, etc. This is a hypothetical Q and all answers are subjective because most definitions of HoF candidates vary between people. As of now he is on his way to being a HoF but that's it, he isn't one as of now.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 04:11 PM
In all honesty there is not argument that can be made and history has proven that. There is NO example anyone could use its simply ignorance and hatred.

I'm just trying to hear a decent argument if it even exists. So far most of the people just come off as haters instead of someone who disagrees and makes valid points.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Did I say Hill/Tracy are HoF eligible?
I said both were on there way to make it but look at what happened to both their careers after 6-8 years of impressive work. Should their peak years be included in the Hof because they were amazing back then? Of course not, because there is more to being a HoF than stats.

No one can say for sure whether or not LeBron is a HoF as of now because there is more to being in a HoF than MVPs, rings, etc. This is a hypothetical Q and all answers are subjective because most definitions of HoF candidates vary between people. As of now he is on his way to being a HoF but that's it, he isn't one as of now.

That's exactly my point. You keep saying "were" as if you are sure they will not make it once eligible.

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM

first of all, you have no reason stated that grant hill wont make the hall of fame. not saying he will, but don't just say he isn't going to make that because you have absolutely no proof.

and, again, in any event, lebron's career has been longer and more prolific than grant's before he got hurt. it's not even a valid comparison.

t-mac would be better, although again he is not as distinguished as lebron.

PhillyFaninLA
I agree for the most part, bt MJ didn't win squat until Pippen came into his own. That's my point. You can't win a championship with Mo Williams as your next best player. Noone can.

The Bulls had more than Jordan and Pippen they had maybe the best group of support and role players coming in and being replace.

Kerr, Armstrong, Rodman and more. Those guys where the perfect compliment players to the Jordan and Pippen when he started coming into his own.

29$JerZ
That's exactly my point. You keep saying "were" as if you are sure they won't.

No

I said both had HoF like careers during their peak. However as of now neither will make the HoF.

Back then the general belief was both would make it. Just like now the popular belief is LeBron will be in the Hof.

That's all I'm saying.

JordansBulls
01-07-2011, 04:14 PM

No, MJ didn't win because of the type of teams he had to play against and the cast was wayyy weaker. Not only that but he had no shot to get HCA with the teams he had and the teams he had the play. Maybe Lebron wasn't going to win with Mo Williams, but there is no way you can tell me they were to lose to Orlando who was missing it's star PG or that they shouldn't had beat Boston when they were up 2-1 on them and won 11 more games than them.
No offense, but Game 5 vs Boston when the series was tied up 2-2 and Lebron went 3-14 pretty much sealed the deal.

Swashcuff
Since you can't respond maturely I'll end with this.
I answered the question, it's my opinion. Unlike you I didn't call others wrong for answering a hypothetical question.

LeBron has a great career as of now, if it were to end right this minute he would not be a HoF. I know his stats and accolades, you clearly are incapable of debate because your getting offended off a question that is strictly opinionated base; not factual.

Like Hill/Tracy each had an amazing Peak but look at the 2's current status in the NBA and compare it to guys who have a longer resume of work. Just because your amazing your first few years doesn't mean your guaranteed a HoF slot already. It's irrelevant how good LeBron is to Hill or Tracy, both had amazing HoF like careers before injuries cut them short and now they aren't HoF 1st ballots.

Again you make abosultely NO sense.

Why not use a historical reference for your basis? Why you use a factual reference for your basis. Why base your point on your OPINION and then act as if you are right?

O and when I said that he was wrong I was not talking about his opinion I was talking about the fact that he said Magic Johnson won game 7 it was not game 7 it was game 6 and himself though without Kareem still played alongside current All-Star calibre players whom he only made better.

Actually pay attention to and understand what you are talking about before joining a debate. Using Tracy and Grant as examples makes no sense whatsoever both of them combined haven't even accomplished what Lebron has.

abe_froman
I'm just trying to hear a decent argument if it even exists. So far most of the people just come off as haters instead of someone who disagrees and makes valid points.

gotta agree with this ,sadly...

SteBO
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
The Bulls had more than Jordan and Pippen they had maybe the best group of support and role players coming in and being replace.

Kerr, Armstrong, Rodman and more. Those guys where the perfect compliment players to the Jordan and Pippen when he started coming into his own.

Those were quailty role players as well as the right mix. They made big plays. Mo Williams, Ilgauskas, Jamison, Shaq, they were m.i.a all playoffs.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 04:17 PM

there are two and they are both LOCKS for the HOF as well as LeBron.

beasted86
No

I said both had HoF like careers during their peak. However as of now neither will make the HoF.

Back then the general belief was both would make it. Just like now the popular belief is LeBron will be in the Hof.

That's all I'm saying.

I feel like I'm debating with someone who refuses to comprehend plain english.

Let me try again. Do you have any examples of players who had a peak at any point in their career as good as LeBron, McGrady, or Hill that are eligible to make the Hall of Fame, and have not made the Hall of Fame?

You keep predicting the future and are just giving your opinion with no basis of history or facts behind it.

abe_froman

how isnt he though?

he has a more glowing resume at this point in time than many of the guys in the hall

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
That's the weakest argument EVER. Nash will be a 1st ballot HOFer. :facepalm:

dude, pump the brakes. we are arguing the same point.

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 04:22 PM
there are two and they are both LOCKS for the HOF as well as LeBron.

i thought he wrote back-to-back MVP's, and why am i getting slammed for this comment I AGREE WITH YOU!

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
i thought he wrote back-to-back MVP's, and why am i getting slammed for this comment I AGREE WITH YOU!

Lol I wasn't meaning to "slam" bro. It's all good.

ATX
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM

Wow, I totaly misinterpreted your post then. :o

ATX
01-07-2011, 04:34 PM

After reading back through the thread, I see what I did. I mixed you up with bklnny67. My bad

blueplanet
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM

How do you know that? What if I say LeBrion will win 8 championships and will surely go down as the greatest of all time. See that now? Never say NVER about the future. If you are a kid or a sexy chick I'll forgive you this time ;)

Atownballa5
01-07-2011, 05:00 PM
lebron is god idk why he isnt already in, s-hit throw morrison in there too because hes got more rings

beasted86
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Okay, so I guess 29$jersey and the rest of the posters just gave up and left. Like I said, I'm just trying to hear a good argument if there is one.

Here's my fact based argument, feel free to post yours:

There are 142 players inducted into the Hall of Fame. Here are a couple similarities in LeBron's current resume that I feel makes him a Hall of Fame lock with just 8 seasons into his career.

1) Out of the 28 NBA MVPs in league history, every single one was voted in.
2) Every eligible player with a 23.0 PPG or higher career average has made the Hall Of Fame.
3) Out of all players who have made the All-NBA Team (1st, 2nd, or 3rd), there are 77 who have made it at least 4 times. Out of that group there have only been these 8 eligible that have not been voted into the Hall of Fame: Max Zaslofsky, Spencer Haywood, Paul Westphal, Sidney Moncrief, Bernard King, Chris Mullin, Kevin Johnson, and Mark Price.
4) There are 91 players ahead of LeBron James on the all-time points list. Only 24 of them are eligible to make the Hall of Fame and have not.

Kevj77
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Nope his career would have been to short. Take Terrel Davis does he belong in the NFL HOF? He only played 7 years the last 3 he was a shell of himself due to injury. When he was healthy TD was 1st ballot HOF material. 2000 yard season, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 2 rings and 3x Pro Bowler. TD just didn't play long enough to get in the Hall.

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Okay, so I guess 29$jersey and the rest of the posters just gave up and left. Like I said, I'm just trying to hear a good argument if there is one.

Here's my fact based argument, feel free to post yours:

There are 142 players inducted into the Hall of Fame. Here are a couple similarities in LeBron's current resume that I feel makes him a Hall of Fame lock with just 8 seasons into his career.

1) Out of the 28 NBA MVPs in league history, every single one was voted in.
2) Every eligible player with a 23.0 PPG or higher career average has made the Hall Of Fame.
3) Out of all players who have made the All-NBA Team (1st, 2nd, or 3rd), there are 77 who have made it at least 4 times. Out of that group there have only been these 8 eligible that have not been voted into the Hall of Fame: Max Zaslofsky, Spencer Haywood, Paul Westphal, Sidney Moncrief, Bernard King, Chris Mullin, Kevin Johnson, and Mark Price.
4) There are 91 players ahead of LeBron James on the all-time points list. Only 24 of them are eligible to make the Hall of Fame and have not.

So if Lebron played 4 years, won an MVP, avg. 27 ppg and was on the all NBA team every year, should he be in the Hall?

godolphins
01-07-2011, 05:56 PM

Nope.

Name me one retired player who won one MVP and isn't in the hall of fame

heat forum. dont care.
If you didn't care than why did you take the time to click and post in this thread

godolphins
01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Nope his career would have been to short. Take Terrel Davis does he belong in the NFL HOF? He only played 7 years the last 3 he was a shell of himself due to injury. When he was healthy TD was 1st ballot HOF material. 2000 yard season, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 2 rings and 3x Pro Bowler. TD just didn't play long enough to get in the Hall.

This is the National Basketball Association not the National Football League

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Name me one retired player who won one MVP and isn't in the hall of fame

If you didn't care than why did you take the time to click and post in this thread

So all you have to do is win the MVP one year and your definitely in the hall?? Sounds like the NBA HOF is a joke...

PhillyFaninLA
01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
So all you have to do is win the MVP one year and your definitely in the hall?? Sounds like the NBA HOF is a joke...

The NBA HOF does not exist.

Its the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame it includes all things basketball whether professional or amateur.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
So if Lebron played 4 years, won an MVP, avg. 27 ppg and was on the all NBA team every year, should he be in the Hall?

Sure.
4 years where he gets 16000 points + MVP + 27 PPG + 4 All-NBA.
All signs point to that = Lock for Hall of Fame.

And I'm yet to see your counterargument.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 06:24 PM

Yeah because only players who are jokes win a league MVP award. You are being soooooooo unreasonable. EVERY single MVP has had a HOF worthy career. LeBron is no exception. You are being such a child.

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Sure.

I told you this before and I'll tell you again he has NONE.

godolphins
01-07-2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah basically since every retired player who won is in the HOF

Swashcuff
01-07-2011, 06:28 PM
To all those who says he isn't currently a HOF worthy player I'd like you to do three things.

1. Give me a historical reference as to why he shouldn't be
2. And state FACTS as to why he isn't deserving not your opinions because quite frankly the biased, one sided opinions hold no ground whatsoever in this discussion.
3. Give examples of players who are better/ more accomplished than Lebron and not HOF worthy.

Cubs Win
01-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Sure.

Do you realize 16,000 points in 4 years is 48.78 PPG if he plays every game?!

godolphins
01-07-2011, 06:32 PM
To all those who says he isn't currently a HOF worthy player I'd like you to do two things.

2. And state FACTS as to why he isn't deserving not your opinions because quite frankly the biased, one sided opinions hold no ground whatsoever in this discussion.
3. Give examples of players who are better/ more accomplished than Lebron and not HOF worthy.
4. Hater

Added one

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2011, 06:32 PM
he's a top 20 no doubt. His impact is undeniable.

netsgiantsyanks
01-07-2011, 06:36 PM
i'd do the booty dance all over my living room.

seriously, i think he'd be inducted into the hall of fame.

beasted86
01-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Do you realize 16,000 points in 4 years is 48.78 PPG if he plays every game?!

Yes... I don't know what hypothetical world he is existing in, as there may be more than 82 games a season.

I think I made it clear the 16000 points was one of my points and he tried to ignore it in his agenda along with the all-nba.

Geargo Wallace
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Dennis Johnson is in the hall of fame. Why the **** wouldn't LeBron be?

nickdymez
01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes... I don't know what hypothetical world he is existing in, as there may be more than 82 games a season.

I think I made it clear the 16000 points was one of my points and he tried to ignore it in his agenda along with the all-nba.

I'll end it... Kobe > Lebron

ATX
01-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I'll end it... Kobe > Lebron

WTF does that have to do with this thread? Nothing. You have been thoroughly out debated in every aspect of this thread....And this is your last retort? Sarcastic clap :clap:

MSU4life
01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
yes. but u shldnt even talk about an injury

kblo247
01-07-2011, 10:00 PM
If you put Steve Nash in (the only MVP to never reach a finals and who has no gold medal), then you have to put LeBron in. You are kidding yourself if you don't think he qualifies.

dodie53
01-07-2011, 10:15 PM
he's in.

2 mvps

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 01:20 AM
WTF does that have to do with this thread? Nothing. You have been thoroughly out debated in every aspect of this thread....And this is your last retort? Sarcastic clap :clap:

No i haven't been "out debated.. I have fun doing this with you people who are in love with a loser. Lebron can do no wrong in your eyes... He's the greatest thing to ever walk the face of this earth. He's not even a human, he's a god. My credibility was solidified when i named the players who i think belong in the basketball elite category of all time... Lebron's not holding a candle to any of them. You guys glorify a guy who puts up terrific numbers and who is a "physical specimen in which we've never seen". I get all that, thats fine. So is dwight howard. When Lebron starts winning, then i'll give him all the props he needs... And when you Lebron lovers stop making excuses as to why its ok to leave a team that went 62-20 to join another superstar, then i'll take these more serious.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 01:27 AM
No i haven't been "out debated.. I have fun doing this with you people who are in love with a loser. Lebron can do no wrong in your eyes... He's the greatest thing to ever walk the face of this earth. He's not even a human, he's a god. My credibility was solidified when i named the players who i think belong in the basketball elite category of all time... Lebron's not holding a candle to any of them. You guys glorify a guy who puts up terrific numbers and who is a "physical specimen in which we've never seen". I get all that, thats fine. So is dwight howard. When Lebron starts winning, then i'll give him all the props he needs... And when you Lebron lovers stop making excuses as to why its ok to leave a team that went 62-20 to join another superstar, then i'll take these more serious.

You have not be out debated? All you've done is spew ignorance non sense and hatred. In case you didn't notice there are FAR more people who hate LeBron than those who like him (I myself am not one I respect his greatness) and even they admit that he RIGHT NOW is a HOFer.

You are the one who isn't being taken seriously. When in the hell did this debate even turn into Kobe>LeBron discussion? That clearly shows that you have nothing left to argue because you have been WRONG on virtually everything you said.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 01:34 AM
You have not be out debated? All you've done is spew ignorance non sense and hatred. In case you didn't notice there are FAR more people who hate LeBron than those who like him (I myself am not one I respect his greatness) and even they admit that he RIGHT NOW is a HOFer.

You are the one who isn't being taken seriously. When in the hell did this debate even turn into Kobe>LeBron discussion? That clearly shows that you have nothing left to argue because you have been WRONG on virtually everything you said.

The point is you guys are gonna like Lebron no matter how many tittles he doesn't win. Whatever i say doesnt matter. And dont tell me that people on this site has proven anything to me. These are the same people that said just a couple months ago that Kobe isnt a sure fire hof'er until he "leads a team to a tittle". Dumbest **** ive ever read in my life...

rickshaw
01-08-2011, 01:37 AM

So unless someone isnt as good as MJ Magic or Bird they dont make the hall of fame? The question isnt is he the greatest of all time, its does he make the HOF. People who have played less and people who have accomplished less are in. :flag:

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 01:39 AM
The point is you guys are gonna like Lebron no matter how many tittles he doesn't win. Whatever i say doesnt matter. And dont tell me that people on this site has proven anything to me. These are the same people that said just a couple months ago that Kobe isnt a sure fire hof'er until he "leads a team to a tittle". Dumbest **** ive ever read in my life...

Did you even read the part where I said I DON'T LIKE LeBron? Did you?

The only reason why what you say doesn't matter is because you are talking absolute RUBBISH!!!! If you had anything good or commonsensical to say people would have listened but all you've done is spew hate and total non sense whilst attacking LeBron as a player with NO basis whatsoever.

The man's production speaks for itself show him some respect. You don't have to like him but you have to respect what he has done and is able to do on the court.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 01:42 AM
So unless someone isnt as good as MJ Magic or Bird they dont make the hall of fame? The question isnt is he the greatest of all time, its does he make the HOF. People who have played less and people who have accomplished less are in. :flag:

None of these guys are even mentioning or taking that into consideration. They are all blinded by LBJ hatred. Anyone with half a brain knows based on what he has done thus far in his career he is a 1st ballot HOFer. History has PROVEN that to us. What else do these guys want?

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 01:42 AM

Thats fine, but i dont care. I dont think he should be in.. I dont care what you think. or that other guy that seems like he would die for Lebrons honor. I dont think he can shoot, he plays average defense. He isnt the god of basketball like you guys think.. Whats the difference between him and melo besides the popularity contest that is the mvp award?

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Did you even read the part where I said I DON'T LIKE LeBron? Did you?

The only reason why what you say doesn't matter is because you are talking absolute RUBBISH!!!! If you had anything good or commonsensical to say people would have listened but all you've done is spew hate and total non sense whilst attacking LeBron as a player with NO basis whatsoever.

The man's production speaks for itself show him some respect. You don't have to like him but you have to respect what he has done and is able to do on the court.

I respect winners. Dont be mad at me because my standards are higher than yours

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Thats fine, but i dont care. I dont think he should be in.. I dont care what you think. or that other guy that seems like he would die for Lebrons honor. I dont think he can shoot, he plays average defense. He isnt the god of basketball like you guys think.. Whats the difference between him and melo besides the popularity contest that is the mvp award?

I rest all my cases you are OBVIOUSLY blind and it makes no sense debating anything with you.

I am not responding to anything you have to say again because I won this discussion before it even began. I have wasted too much precious time even entertaining you. You ma'am have NO respect for the game of basketball. You have proven that how that you are absolutely worthless. I regret even attempting to have a debate based on any form of logic with you.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 01:48 AM
I rest all my cases you are OBVIOUSLY blind and it makes no sense debating anything with you.

I am not responding to anything you have to say again because I won this discussion before it even began. I have wasted too much precious time even entertaining you. You ma'am have NO respect for the game of basketball. You have proven that how that you are absolutely worthless. I regret even attempting to have a debate based on any form of logic with you.

Have a nice night

Chi StateOfMind
01-08-2011, 01:54 AM
yea he will then have a hit tv show called "the end"

rickshaw
01-08-2011, 02:13 AM

aaaand what does any of this have to do with his hall of fame credentials? and before the "hes not a winner", malone barkley and nash are all in/will be in soo your next argument that has to do with basketball (not whether or not we would die in his honor, think hes a god, you dont respect him, etc) is.....

Kevj77
01-08-2011, 02:36 AM
This is the National Basketball Association not the National Football LeagueIt's a valid comparison. Since you didn't like my analogy I'll just say no he should not be a hall of famer if his career ended today.

HeatVsHate
01-08-2011, 04:23 AM
To all those who says he isn't currently a HOF worthy player I'd like you to do three things.

4. STOP being a Hater.

Kudos to the maker of this thread, I consider this a trap thread to find out those who just live and die on just HATE with no sense of objective reasons. Because they really exposed themselves in this thread this time. And those objective minded people who defended the pro-hof for LBJ even if they dislike his arrogance.. I give you my respect(for what its worth). :clap:

Those supported arguments are undeniable solid in every sense, to those in the right minds (not clouded by hate). I myself don't think LBJ would be the GOAT I give that to MJ (NO one is close), but he's already a HOF today.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
aaaand what does any of this have to do with his hall of fame credentials? and before the "hes not a winner", malone barkley and nash are all in/will be in soo your next argument that has to do with basketball (not whether or not we would die in his honor, think hes a god, you dont respect him, etc) is.....

Id take Malone, Barkley, and nash before Lebron. You wouldnt because your in love..

AIRMAR72
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
he be second best SF to ever play da game but scottie pippen still #1 superior skillz WILL and EFFORT but bron will have the numbers

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 01:44 PM
he be second best SF to ever play da game but scottie pippen still #1 superior skillz WILL and EFFORT but bron will have the numbers

Where does Larry Bird rank again?

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 01:47 PM
^^Reading stuff like "scottie Pippen is the best small forward to ever play the game" just furthers my point that people on this board know nuttin about basketball... All about hype..

knicks4life33
01-08-2011, 02:12 PM
are you kidding me lol definatley not lol . he hasnt won anyyyy championships and he isnt even a 10 year vet yet. so does grant hill and penny hardway deserve be hall fame players if they got injured in there 7th year like they did lol minus they didnt win two mvps but lets get serious. whens he a 10 year vet then ask this question

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
are you kidding me lol definatley not lol . he hasnt won anyyyy championships and he isnt even a 10 year vet yet. so does grant hill and penny hardway deserve be hall fame players if they got injured in there 7th year like they did lol minus they didnt win two mvps but lets get serious. whens he a 10 year vet then ask this question

Dont even bother. The love in this thread for Lebron James is sickening. You would think he had a solid jumpshot or could play good perimeter defense.

ATX
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM

I suggest reading through the thread first. You will see just how wrong you are. It's been proven that not a single league MVP is not in the hall, and also that many players that have played 8 years or less have made the hall...And not had close to the accolades that LBJ already has amassed. Let's not forget he already has 2 MVP's and it's no stretch to think he'll get a 3rd at some point, although that doesn't pertain to the "Ending today" aspect of this thread. There is zero argument to counter that LBJ is a HOFer already. History has proved this time and time again.

There's no sense in debating this issue with LBJ haters...As also proven time and time again in this thread.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
F it, Lebron should be in the football hall of fame too... He's the greatest man of all time..

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I suggest reading through the thread first. You will see just how wrong you are. It's been proven that not a single league MVP is not in the hall, and also that many players that have played 8 years or less have made the hall...And not had close to the accolades that LBJ already has amassed. Let's not forget he already has 2 MVP's and it's no stretch to think he'll get a 3rd at some point, although that doesn't pertain to the "Ending today" aspect of this thread. There is zero argument to counter that LBJ is a HOFer already. History has proved this time and time again.

There's no sense in debating this issue with LBJ haters...As also proven time and time again in this thread.

Hate is more blind than love apparently. Since when is there a 10 year limit for a player to be considered for the Hall? These guys have no reasoning whatsoever. Spewing hate hate and more hate. I am a NON LeBron fan and even I can admit this.

ATX
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Dont even bother. The love in this thread for Lebron James is sickening. You would think he had a solid jumpshot or could play good perimeter defense.

This will be the last time I respond to one of your posts in this thread. It is mind numbing discussing this issue with you, because you disregard facts and clearly are not capable of having a discussion on this topic. You are a troll, through and through, and your presence on PSD is in itself inflamatory. You have been proven wrong about a hundred times, and yet you insist on making factless based childish comments over and over. In my opinion this thread has run it's course and due to you alone should be closed. It is obvious that LBJ will be a first ballot HOFer and there is a books worth of evidence to support the notion. Your arguments are the weakest I have ever seen, and you have zero credibility not only in my book, but just about any ones at this point. Do us all a favor and go play outside.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
This will be the last time I respond to one of your posts in this thread. It is mind numbing discussing this issue with you, because you disregard facts and clearly are not capable of having a discussion on this topic. You are a troll, through and through, and your presence on PSD is in itself inflamatory. You have been proven wrong about a hundred times, and yet you insist on making factless based childish comments over and over. In my opinion this thread has run it's course and due to you alone should be closed. It is obvious that LBJ will be a first ballot HOFer and there is a books worth of evidence to support the notion. Your arguments are the weakest I have ever seen, and you have zero credibility in not only my book, but just about no ones at this point. Do us all a favor and go play outside.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I think you guys are ********. Because its obvious to me that you dont get the concept of me having an opinion on something. SO since you and your Lebron clan think he should be in the hof, I should? Get the hell outta here.. You sir are whats wrong with sports today. Call me a "troll" or whatever nerdy internet word you want to use. Point blank is i dont buy into the hype. I dont let ESPN dictate what i think. Sure Lebron has numbers, but so what. I dont think numbers alone are deserving of hof, i think greateness is.. And to be great you have to be around in june. Lebron's done that one time. Got blown out. Make an excuse as to why he got blown out. All Lebron fans do is make excuses. This time last year all the "cavs fans" were telling me that the cavs were the best TEAM in the nba. Now that they lost people want to say he had a team of nobodies. For real, you all need to just stop watching the NBA. I also dont think numbers alone are deserving for the MVP award. I watch basketball, not highlights like you clearly do. So i'll go play or whatever condescending thing you feel you think i need to do. Actually i'll go wash my clothes. Is that ok?

SteBO
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I think you guys are ********. Because its obvious to me that you dont get the concept of me having an opinion on something. SO since you and your Lebron clan think he should be in the hof, I should? Get the hell outta here.. You sir are whats wrong with sports today. Call me a "troll" or whatever nerdy internet word you want to use. Point blank is i dont buy into the hype. I dont let ESPN dictate what i think. Sure Lebron has numbers, but so what. I dont think numbers alone are deserving of hof, i think greateness is.. And to be great you have to be around in june. Lebron's done that one time. Got blown out. Make an excuse as to why he got blown out. All Lebron fans do is make excuses. This time last year all the "cavs fans" were telling me that the cavs were the best TEAM in the nba. Now that they lost people want to say he had a team of nobodies. For real, you all need to just stop watching the NBA. I also dont think numbers alone are deserving for the MVP award. I watch basketball, not highlights like you clearly do. So i'll go play or whatever condescending thing you feel you think i need to do. Actually i'll go wash my clothes. Is that ok?
I agree with what you're saying. But understand that LeBron's team sucked balls, and every great player needs to have another player that can take the pressure off. LeBron's next best player that year was Boobie Gibson. Add in the fact that San Antonio was the best team in the league, and what you had was a *** kicking. But yes, LeBron has a lot to prove and there is more to being a hall of famer than just numbers. But his accolades would for sure most likely get him in.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree with what you're saying. But understand that LeBron's team sucked balls, and every great player needs to have another player that can take the pressure off. LeBron's next best player that year was Boobie Gibson. Add in the fact that San Antonio was the best team in the league, and what you had was a *** kicking. But yes, LeBron has a lot to prove and there is more to being a hall of famer than just numbers. But his accolades would for sure most likely get him in.

I dont think his team sucked that much. I think thats when the east was the worst its ever been. No way you can win 3 playoff series in the NBA with a terrible team.

SteBO
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I dont think his team sucked that much. I think thats when the east was the worst its ever been. No way you can win 3 playoff series in the NBA with a terrible team.
True. I think he played a Washington :laugh2:, New Jersey :laugh2:, and a old, crappy Detroit team :laugh2: if my memory serves me correctly. Either way, his team got exposed against the only elite team he faced.

knicks4life33
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
so grant hill deserves to be in the hall of fame in 2000 if his career was fully over in 2000 and say he won 2 mvps lol get outta hereeeeeeee and i aint mebron hater speakin truthhhhhhhhh

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
so grant hill deserves to be in the hall of fame in 2000 if his career was fully over in 2000 and say he won 2 mvps lol get outta hereeeeeeee and i aint mebron hater speakin truthhhhhhhhh

We can totally tell that by your avatar.

You are not speaking the truth HISTORY is! Give us some FACTS. Hill's resume was not even half that of LeBron's before he started getting injured. There is NO comparison there. At no time was Hill nor Penny a top 3 player in the league.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 03:13 PM
I still pose the questions to ANYONE.

What historical reference can you use to state that LeBron does not currently deserve to be in the hall?

What facts do you have to back up your view?

What example is there of a player who has accomplished as much as he has and NOT made it to the HOF?

All you guys are stating is opinion and hatred when the FACTS state otherwise. Give us some FACTS some FACTS and not your opinion. We've given you all the facts to back our debate, whilst all we've heard for you is "I" "I" "I" "I" "I" well put the "I"s aside and give us something more solid than your personal opinion.

ATX
01-08-2011, 03:39 PM

Discredit 1: You have a picture of LBJ sucking a dick, yet you claim to not be a LBJ hater. Hmmm.

Discredit 2: Did Grant Hill win 2 MVP's? NO. He is a good player, but holds half of LBJ's accolades through their first 8 years. There is no comparrison there, and even so, in your "Argument" you state "Say Hill won 2 MVP's"...But he didn't, so there is no argument.

Your argument is weak, and is only backed by your obvious emotionaly hurt feelings of LBJ not signing in NY. There is no way you would be of the narrow mind that you are on this subject if LBJ had decided to go to NY.

The facts are here, and they don't lie. Try being more objective.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM

What historical reference can you use to state that LeBron does not currently deserve to be in the hall?

What example is there of a player who has accomplished as much as he has and NOT made it to the HOF?

All you guys are stating is opinion and hatred when the FACTS state otherwise. Give us some FACTS some FACTS and not your opinion. We've given you all the facts to back our debate, whilst all we've heard for you is "I" "I" "I" "I" "I" well put the "I"s aside and give us something more solid than your personal opinion.

If its a fact, why did the op make this thread?

THE MTL
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM

1st team all NBA selections? 2nd team all NBA selection?

1st team all NBA defense selections?

Allstar game appearances?

Allstar game MVPs?

Scoring champ?

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Discredit 1: You have a picture of LBJ sucking a dick, yet you claim to not be a LBJ hater. Hmmm.

Discredit 2: Did Grant Hill win 2 MVP's? NO. He is a good player, but holds half of LBJ's accolades through their first 8 years. There is no comparrison there, and even so, in your "Argument" you state "Say Hill won 2 MVP's"...But he didn't, so there is no argument.

Your argument is weak, and is only backed by your obvious emotionaly hurt feelings of LBJ not signing in NY. There is no way you would be of the narrow mind that you are on this subject if LBJ had decided to go to NY.

The facts are here, and they don't lie. Try being more objective.

You must be young and never saw grant play in his prime..

After watching the LeBron James rally up his third straight triple-double in a win against the Phoenix Suns a few weeks ago, I started to realize something. I realized that as of now, LeBron James does not in any way remind me of Michael Jordan like a few people say. However, the one player that LeBron James did remind me of that night was none other than the player that was defending him half of the night, Grant Hill.

Many young fans with no type of knowledge of the NBA before 2003 would probably read this article and say, "This guy is ******** to even compare Grant Hill to King James." But what many of the young NBA fans don't know is that Grant Hill was the original LeBron James in his early years with the Detroit Pistons.

Grant Hill, in his early years, was one of the most skilled and talented players in the NBA. He drove into the lane with a mix of smoothness and power, was an elite defender, a good shooter (not great), and had passing abilities and court vision similar to those of Magic Johnson. Like LeBron James is today, he was a triple-double threat. Sadly, his career was dampered by horrible injuries.

There is no doubt in my mind that Grant Hill would have ended up probably being the second or greatest SF in NBA history if he didn't become an injury-plagued player.

Now it's 2009 and we are witnessing LeBron James becoming one of the most dominating forces in the NBA. In my opinion, Grant Hill in his prime is better than LeBron James but I want to know what others think.

Note: If you did not watch the NBA before 2003, do not even bother commenting on this article.
Ran across this looking up stats.. Young fans dont understand

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
If its a fact, why did the op make this thread?

Why can't you at least attempt to answer the questions? ANSWER THE QUESTIONS and then we can have a debate.

ATX
01-08-2011, 03:58 PM

I was speaking of accolades, not opinions. What you provided is just someones opinion. Who's in fact? I'm 30 years old, for whatever that's worth to you. Does that me young or old?

HoopsDrive

Why even try man... people are blinded by hatred and bias in here. Rational users all know he's a lock for the Hall even if he still has many, many years ahead of him.

People will just avoid your post like they do so many times in other threads related to LeBron. It's what these people do.

nickdymez
Why can't you at least attempt to answer the questions? ANSWER THE QUESTIONS and then we can have a debate.

Ok, what ****in question? Are there any mvp's in the hof? No there isnt. But since you seem to not be able to understand my point of view, we cannot have a normal discussion. I said I dont think he deserves to be in it right now based on what i believe. I dont think someone who's played 8 years and did nothing more than put up good numbers deserves it. Tim duncan after 8 years, yes. Lebron f'n james, no.

Swashcuff

Yet again that article was the OPINION of one man he himself did not give ANY facts to back up his argument. He gave his opinion. Did you read the way the article started? Read the first couple sentences again. Now look at the second to las Looks like OPINION to me.

In my opinion, Grant Hill in his prime is better than LeBron James but I want to know what others think.

One nobody's opinion is right? Please!

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I was speaking of accolades, not opinions. What you provided is just someones opinion. Who's in fact? I'm 30 years old, for whatever that's worth to you. Does that me young or old?

If your 30, you should know that Grant hill was the exact same player as Lebron minus the injuries... You should know better than that. I thought your were 17

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Yet again that article was the OPINION of one man he himself did not give ANY facts to back up his argument. He gave his opinion. Did you read the way the article started? Read the first couple sentences again. Now look at the second to las Looks like OPINION to me.

One nobody's opinion is right? Please!

ok, so now you want me to waste everyone's time even more by comparing stats of lebron and hill in his prime.. come on man. Like people say we hate on lebron and are blinded, your blinded by love

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Ok, what ****in question? Are there any mvp's in the hof? No there isnt. But since you seem to not be able to understand my point of view, we cannot have a normal discussion. I said I dont think he deserves to be in it right now based on what i believe. I dont think someone who's played 8 years and did nothing more than put up good numbers deserves it. Tim duncan after 8 years, yes. Lebron f'n james, no.

Good numbers?

LeBron has ALL TIME GREAT numbers! He is on pace by age to eclipse the all time scoring record IF he played on a team which would've allowed him to keep his 27 ppg average. Good numbers? Good numbers?

WTF are you talking about. Nothing more than good numbers? Child please.

I cannot understand your point of view because you are being a HATER a BLIND hater that's why. I don't know what it means to hate on a player. You just posted a thread on Kobe's most recent achievement well take this into consideration based on what he has done thus far in his career he is on pace to by pass Kobe in damn near every individual category. I wonder if you see that point of view those aren't good numbers they are ALL TIME GREAT numbers.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
ok, so now you want me to waste everyone's time even more by comparing stats of lebron and hill in his prime.. come on man. Like people say we hate on lebron and are blinded, your blinded by love

PLEASE go right ahead compare PRIME Hill to any version of Lebron other than his rookie year. Please I am begging you start THAT debate.

Mudvayne91
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Lebron is the best of all-time. You don't agree? You're nothing but a hater. Blah blah blah hater hater hater hater garbage hater garbage garbage hater blah blah hater!

Seriously though, as much as I don't like the guy, he certainly should be considered. I just wanted to point out my utter disgust for the term hater.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Why even try man... people are blinded by hatred and bias in here. Rational users all know he's a lock for the Hall even if he still has many, many years ahead of him.

People will just avoid your post like they do so many times in other threads related to LeBron. It's what these people do.

Very very true.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
PLEASE go right ahead compare PRIME Hill to any version of Lebron other than his rookie year. Please I am begging you start THAT debate.

No your not

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:14 PM
No your not

Please start the debate. In your opinion pre-injury Hill was better than Lebron all I am asking you to do is give evidence to back your opinion because in case you haven't realize thus far in your life nobody really care's about your opinion.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 04:16 PM
im not gonna start that. I know how stupid that is. If a stat is .6 or something, then its "see, lebron is .6 better than hill" I know basketball and i judge off watching them play and the circumstances that surround them. Besides, its to many people on this board who worship lebron for me to start that debate.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:24 PM
im not gonna start that. I know how stupid that is. If a stat is .6 or something, then its "see, lebron is .6 better than hill" I know basketball and i judge off watching them play and the circumstances that surround them. Besides, its to many people on this board who worship lebron for me to start that debate.

LMAO :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ok, so now you want me to waste everyone's time even more by comparing stats of lebron and hill in his prime

You yourself mentioned their stats and threatened to start a debate and when opposed you put your tail between your legs and run in a corner to hide. Be a MAN and PROVE YOUR POINT!!!! You have proven nothing but HATRED. I am NOT a LeBron LOVER, he is a DOUCHE a lot of the times but I RESPECT the NBA and I RESPECT its BEST PLAYERS and I RESPECT LeBron James. You ma'am are being a HATER!

You have no case whatsoever. I am tired of wasting my time on you and I mean it this time. Goodbye ma'am.

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I was looking up stats for myself ********, not to post on here... kill yourself

ldawg
01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
If he end today? then he would be just another great player who played the game, join the line.

lwante
01-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah he'd be in for sure. 2 MVPs.

2 MVP's = HOF Inductee?

Seriously...what has he done. Let's take a look at what he's accomplished.

All time scoring rank: 86
All time rebounding rank: Not listed
All time assist rank: 86
All time steals rank: 129
All time blocks: 210
All time win shares: 48
MVP's: 2
Championships: _0_

There are plenty of people still waiting to get in over him who had better careers. He doesn't carry a team like MJ or Kobe. Yes lebron has had a good career so far, but he's only played 8 years and team wise what has he won...game and match.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
2 MVP's = HOF Inductee?

There are plenty of people still waiting to get in over him who had better careers. He doesn't carry a team like MJ or Kobe. Yes lebron has had a good career so far, but he's only played 8 years and team wise what has he won...game and match.

Name one?

There plenty players who are currently in the hall who rank MUCH MUCH lower than LeBron in each of the categories. The fact that he's a SF and ranks 86 in BOTH assists and points speaks volume's to how great he has been in his first 8 season.

And ranking 48th in win shares after just 8 say. :speechless: That's simply amazing.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
2 MVP's = HOF Inductee?

It SURE does when you consider every previous eligible MVP IS in the HOF.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
LeBron was the youngest to 5000,6000,7000,8000 etc etc points up until 1600+ where he ranks now. So tell me again how exactly how he isn't a HOFer?

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Name one?

There plenty players who are currently in the hall who rank MUCH MUCH lower than LeBron in each of the categories. The fact that he's a SF and ranks 86 in BOTH assists and points speaks volume's to how great he has been in his first 8 season.

And ranking 48th in win shares after just 8 say. :speechless: That's simply amazing.

So your just gonna make excuses when someone gives you facts..

nanablvd
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
i am one of the pple that hate lebron the most, but this guy deserves to be inducted into the HOF even if his career ends today. He has enough accomplishments and accolades to do so.

Does Steve Nash deserve to be inducted? He never plays like a superstar until since 7 years ago, and he has no rings. If Nash deserves one, so does a career-ending Lebron.

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 05:15 PM
And ranking 48th in win shares after just 8 seasons. :speechless: That's simply amazing.

Quoting my own self on this just to add that the only eligible players who are ahead of LeBron in terms of win shares all and are not members of the HOF are Buck Williams, Chet Walker, Horace Grant, Terry Porter and Jack Sikma. Combined ALL the players accolades and achievements and yet still they can't touch LeBron James.

Julius Irving, Elgin Baylor, James Worthy and Alex English all HOF forwards are ranked LOWER than LeBron in all time win shares. They all played 12+ years in the league.

LeBron is also 12th ALL TIME in MVP Award Shares ahead of Moses Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley just to name a few.

So yeah if LeBron doesn't deserve to be in the HOF right now then a case can be made for some of the ALL TIME greats to also be excluded. Right? WRONG. I'm done with this thread.

TexasBoy4Life
01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
No.... Like other people said about Kobe that he would never win a title w/o another star,Labron has never won yet!

syre
01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
2 MVP's = HOF Inductee?

There are plenty of people still waiting to get in over him who had better careers. He doesn't carry a team like MJ or Kobe. Yes lebron has had a good career so far, but he's only played 8 years and team wise what has he won...game and match.so all of the years spent in cleveland, he was not carrying that team? :shrug:

nickdymez
01-08-2011, 06:11 PM
so all of the years spent in cleveland, he was not carrying that team? :shrug:

So he's the only player thats ever carried a team?

Swashcuff
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_active.html

NBA & ABA Active Leaders and Records for Hall of Fame Probability

Rank Player HoF Prob
1. Shaquille O'Neal 1.0000
2. Kobe Bryant 1.0000
3. Tim Duncan 0.9999
4. Kevin Garnett 0.9978
5. LeBron James 0.9863

12. Tracy McGrady 0.7114

15. Grant Hill 0.4585

CLOSE THIS THREAD!

MalZee24
01-08-2011, 06:41 PM
HILARIOUS. Of course he would be in a HOF'er. What's so funny is that all the bitter NY fans are saying "no" and the laker fans (who are usually against lebron because he's been stealing kobe's thunder the past 3 years) are saying ***. Nice to see the laker fans not letting their pride control their dumb posts like the bitter NY fans.

MalZee24
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
No.... Like other people said about Kobe that he would never win a title w/o another star,Labron has never won yet!

And when did lebron have another great player before this year? Kobe had shaq for years. He's had gasol for 3 years and won 2 titles during that stretch. Lebron's best player was antwan jamison and jamison sure as hell aint no Shaq or gasol.

Muttman73
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Who cares?

nickdymez
01-09-2011, 12:18 AM

CLOSE THIS THREAD!

You do realize grant hills career was cut short due to injury.

gfixer33
01-09-2011, 12:30 AM
if it ended now alot of people would be happy.

Yanks All Day
01-09-2011, 12:51 AM

CLOSE THIS THREAD!

I wanna know how there's even a .0001% chance that Tim Duncan would not make the HOF.

Chronz
01-09-2011, 01:30 AM
2 MVP's = HOF Inductee?

Sounds like someone hasnt seen the HOF list, heres a clue, it doesnt just include MJ

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:50 AM

...98.6% chance of him getting in based on his accomplishments so far.. Wade right behind him at 98.4% chance

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:51 AM

CLOSE THIS THREAD!

I should have read this thread before posting... lol

nickdymez
01-09-2011, 01:51 AM
whats the chances of him winning a ring?

daleja424
01-09-2011, 01:52 AM
in case you didnt know... there are nba players in the HoF that never won a ring...

in fact, the 2nd leading scorer in NBA history doesnt have a ring :up:

kjoke
01-09-2011, 01:52 AM
lol duncans chances are only .9999%

metsbulls1025
01-09-2011, 01:57 AM
If it ended today there would be a lot more meaningful threads in the NBA section.

hyb152
01-09-2011, 01:58 AM
whats the chances of him winning a ring?

Pretty damn good.

mbarajas138
01-09-2011, 02:12 AM

:clap:

nickdymez
01-09-2011, 02:34 AM
Pretty damn good.

with just two really good players and one solid one? Have you seen the celtics? CHAMPIONS! Lebron has to go through them..I haven't seen him do that yet. Nor wade. Ive never even seen bosh in the playoffs, so he dont count for ****. This is Lebrons year? Its been his year for the past 4.... He never seems to win....

What?
01-09-2011, 06:00 AM
your kidding yourself if you think Lebron doesn't deserve to be in the HoF.

ignorance=bliss
01-09-2011, 07:52 AM
So your just gonna make excuses when someone gives you facts..

You think this is bad. For the last 4 years I have been playing. "Let's hear the next excuse as to why The Bron could't deliver." Every offseason it's someone elses fault other then...guess who...The Bron.

J-Relo
01-09-2011, 07:55 AM
You think this is bad. For the last 4 years I have been playing. "Let's hear the next excuse as to why The Bron could't deliver." Every offseason it's someone elses fault other then...guess who...The Bron.

Shaq and Gasol actually did deliver.

(let's make more of those non-sence comments)

ignorance=bliss
01-09-2011, 08:08 AM

Say what you will. But rings make Kimgs my friend. That still makes The Bron a Queen.

Oh and the next time you want to try and make a stupid comment at least try and do some research first.

Here's a little look into last years playoff run.

Game 1 finals: K. Bryant 30 Pts, 7 Reb, 6 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk

Game 2: 21 pts, 5 rebs, 4 stls

Game 3: 29 Pts, 7 Reb, 4 Ast, 2 Stl, 3 Blk

Game 4: 33 Pts, 6 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl

Game 5: 38 Pts, 5 Reb, 4 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk

Game 6: 26 Pts, 11 Reb, 3 Ast, 4 Stl

Game 7: 23 pts, 15 reb, 2 Ast, 1 stl

Yep definatley all Gasol :rolleyes:

Ignorance is bliss.

ignorance=bliss
01-09-2011, 08:09 AM

For the record The Bron still hasn't.

In fact in the most time of need, where was he? ... Oh yah that's right now I remember he quite on his team. Oh yah, now thats a HOFer if I've ever seen one.

J-Relo
01-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Say what you will. But rings make Kimgs my friend. That still makes The Bron a Queen.

Oh and the next time you want to try and make a stupid comment at least try and do some research first.

Here's a little look into last years playoff run.

Game 1 finals: K. Bryant 30 Pts, 7 Reb, 6 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk

Game 2: 21 pts, 5 rebs, 4 stls

Game 3: 29 Pts, 7 Reb, 4 Ast, 2 Stl, 3 Blk

Game 4: 33 Pts, 6 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl

Game 5: 38 Pts, 5 Reb, 4 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk

Game 6: 26 Pts, 11 Reb, 3 Ast, 4 Stl

Game 7: 23 pts, 15 reb, 2 Ast, 1 stl

Yep definatley all Gasol :rolleyes:

Ignorance is bliss.

What about shooting percentage? (no need to post)

I just wanted to give a credit to the supporting cast Kobe has had... (nothing against Kobe, even though he had some bad games).