PDA

View Full Version : NBA Announcers

Don Starks
01-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Who are your favorite NBA announcers and who do you dislike the most. I guess this relates more to those of you with league pass, but whatever people without it can still talk about NBA TV and TNT announcers.

Favorite:
I like the Timberwolves announcers. I cant think of their names but they are on point whenever I watch a wolves game.

Hate:
Celtics announcers, most notably Tommy Heinsohn, are the worst announcers. and I like watching celtics games, but i have to mute those games because Heinsohn is frustrating to listen to.

MIKE&IKE's
01-06-2011, 10:39 PM
favorite: breen and walt frazier, marv albert, espn's main crew, tnt.
HATE: BULLS ANNOUNCERS= HOMERSSS

Wade>You
01-06-2011, 10:39 PM
All-Time: Bill Walton

Currently: Eric Reid and Tony Fiorentino, Mike Fratello and Marv Albert, Walt Frazier.

ManOnFire
01-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Favorite: Kevin Harlan
Worse: Joel Meyers

cargobox
01-06-2011, 10:42 PM
favorite: bill walton
worse: sacramento kings announcers. they said "players shouldn't be ejected out of a game when having five fouls but rather have some sort of fine" OKAAAAAAAAAY

THE GIPPER
01-06-2011, 10:43 PM
worst: spurs announcers

best: tnt. chuck swirsky is pretty good too he's funny

Vincent33
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Favorite: Marv, Kevin Harlan, when Chuck/Kenny get to announce

Not good: Reggie is really the only guy I can think of that I can't stand

ManOnFire
01-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Favorite: Marv, Kevin Harlan, when Chuck/Kenny get to announce

Not good: Reggie is really the only guy I can think of that I can't stand

alot of people seem to dislike him as an announcer, but i actually dont mind him as much....better than whats her name they have on ESPN from time to time....the blonde with the manish voice.

MJ-BULLS
01-06-2011, 10:58 PM
currently my favorite non-Bulls broadcasters have to be. Kevin Harlan and Hubie Brown.
Kevin Harlan is just awesome.
Hubie Brown provides a good source of insight to a basketball game.

ManOnFire
01-06-2011, 11:00 PM
currently my favorite non-Bulls broadcasters have to be. Kevin Harlan and Hubie Brown.
Kevin Harlan is just awesome.
Hubie Brown provides a good source of insight to a basketball game.

He's very knowledgeable and considering his age, he's still got it going on.

Wade>You
01-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Classic Bill Walton commentating. There's too much in there, but that part about "Bill Sarver with the vision to somehow acquire Boris Diaw" then that whole rant about Beethoven and the Romantics era and how Diaw = Beethoven. You can't make that stuff up. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg#t=7s

MJ-BULLS
01-06-2011, 11:03 PM

yeah, anytime he broadcasts a ESPN basketball game I very much sit back and listen to him. Doesn't matter what team is playing.

THE GIPPER
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Classic Bill Walton commentating. There's too much in there, but that part about "Bill Sarver with the vision to somehow acquire Boris Diaw" then that whole rant about Beethoven and the Romantics era and how Diaw = Beethoven. You can't make that stuff up. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg#t=7sHahaha wow

ChiSox219
01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Steve Kerr and Stacey King

Don Starks
01-06-2011, 11:23 PM
this isnt him announcing a game, but its still a hilarious Walton moment. the first minute or two is hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YI06ZTNOk

samevans7
01-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I. Hate. Jeff.vangundy

iggypop123
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
if anyone mentions tommy heinson as their favorite they should be shot and their corpse fed to lions

RZZZA
01-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Why the hell do people want their team announcers to be unbiased?

damn right, I want them nice and homer-y.

Slimsim
01-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Breen is the ultimate Jinx

xabial
01-07-2011, 12:27 AM
I. Hate. Jeff.vangundy

Jeff keeps it real, kinda like a mini-barklay doesnt care what people think, can talk about anything from the players to the refs. The best part is unlike barklay he doesnt just blabber and rants about players, he thinks before he speaks, offers analysis, and doesn't always limit himself to basketball

arkanian215
01-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Who are your favorite NBA announcers and who do you dislike the most. I guess this relates more to those of you with league pass, but whatever people without it can still talk about NBA TV and TNT announcers.

Favorite:
I like the Timberwolves announcers. I cant think of their names but they are on point whenever I watch a wolves game.

Hate:
Celtics announcers, most notably Tommy Heinsohn, are the worst announcers. and I like watching celtics games, but i have to mute those games because Heinsohn is frustrating to listen to.

lol They have that ******** Tommy point ****. I'll add the Bulls announcers *cough cough*.;) True pros. Funk and King were calling that game. Good choke job you guys.

RZZZA
01-07-2011, 01:27 AM
King wasn't there for the nets game, it was bill wennington in his place

godolphins
01-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Favoritte: Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy and that other guy

The Final Boss
01-07-2011, 01:33 AM

I'm begging and pleading with the PSD Gods that you're a women!!!:speechless:

topdog
01-07-2011, 01:38 AM

Favorite:

Hate:

Man, I do not like Hanneman and Peterson at all. But you are spot on in hating the Celtics announcers. I heard them for the first time the other night and the one guy is just like a really loud aggressive Bostonian fan with that lovely accent...

topdog
01-07-2011, 01:39 AM

Mike Breen

RZZZA
01-07-2011, 01:40 AM
I like Mike Breen. I dislike Jeff Van Gundy

NYKnickFanatic
01-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Gus Johnson FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWDJdcAbX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO1nUfObERw

Rosh
01-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Stacey King is one of the most enjoyable color guys in basketball.

Pistonlove4life
01-07-2011, 01:51 AM
I hate Jeff Van Gundy. He Is Sooo Annoying!

arkanian215
01-07-2011, 01:55 AM
King wasn't there for the nets game, it was bill wennington in his place

My bad. I don't watch bulls games so I assumed it was whoever was on their site. I had to watch that game cuz our network didn't even cover the Nets for that week cuz of the yankees. A bunch of classless individuals. They deserved to choke on their words.

RZZZA
01-07-2011, 02:02 AM
I don't know what you mean by that, but I don't get why people expect team announcers to be unbiased. I like my team announcers to be fans of the team they announce for.

FlashMacker
01-07-2011, 02:09 AM
alot of people seem to dislike him as an announcer, but i actually dont mind him as much....better than whats her name they have on ESPN from time to time....the blonde with the manish voice.

I love Reggie Miller

GST4TE
01-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Atlanta hawks announcer.. biggest homer ever besides the celtics one.

arkanian215
01-07-2011, 04:26 AM
I don't know what you mean by that, but I don't get why people expect team announcers to be unbiased. I like my team announcers to be fans of the team they announce for.

I don't care if they're biased. I don't wanna hear them making gagging sounds on the air. That's unprofessional.

Meatmypet
01-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Totally being a homer here, but Mike Breen hands down.

"BANG! It's good!"
"Tracyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Mc-Gradyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

NnamdiPick6
01-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Kevin Harlin for prez

Baller1
01-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Kevin Calabro is, and will always be, my favorite of all time. He's awesome.

Rosh
01-07-2011, 05:11 AM
I wish the Bulls had Kevin Harlan. Hands down my favorite play-by-play guy in the game.

Kevin Harlan + Stacey King = :drool:

Draco
01-07-2011, 05:13 AM
I wish the Bulls had Kevin Harlan. Hands down my favorite play-by-play guy in the game.

Kevin Harlan + Stacey King = :drool:

christ.. replacing funk with a penguin on loan from brookfield zoo would be an improvement.

ElMarroAfamado
01-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Favorite: Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith

Worst: The Celtics color guy....

AND Joel Meyes...God he is so horrible and boring It really amazes me that Laker fans have never complained about him...after going from the Great Chick ...To Paul Sunderland (who was better than Meyers) To this guy....I mute Laker games when i watch them....

"can you believe this guy!!!"

millerandco
01-07-2011, 05:24 AM
i watched a bulls game the other day against okc and they were just awful! no tallent knew nothing

Rosh
01-07-2011, 06:52 AM
We haven't played OKC in a month.

And Stacey King is a very knowledgeable color guy. Neil Funk is an idiot.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
if anyone mentions tommy heinson as their favorite they should be shot and their corpse fed to lions

and who's gonna shoot me boy? lol (i better get a Tommy Point for that)

if someones a celtics fan and Heinsohn isnt their favorite commentator... i question their Celtic loyalty. he has managed to be the only person to be a part of all 17 (soon to be 18) championships.

but anyway, my least favorite are the Millers

mikantsass
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I like the Kings crew, Knicks/Nets crew

I wish Gus Johnson did some NBA games...

Gators123
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Best- George Blaha

Worst- Stacey King

The Heat ones are kind of annoying but they aren't that biased.

Don Starks
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
I like the Kings crew, Knicks/Nets crew

I wish Gus Johnson did some NBA games...

I loved it when Gus Johnson did knicks games.

favorite call by Gus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWDJdcAbX4

only he could get that pumped for an Al Harrington 3.

pd1dish
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
bulls announcers because they are complete homers and i love it. van gundy is my favorite overall though

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-07-2011, 01:30 PM
the Heat anouncer with the weird voice. and the Jazz anouncers especially matt harpring are anoying,.

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2011, 01:32 PM
favourite PBP = Kevin Harlan
favourite Colour = Mark Jackson

most biased announcers = Bulls, Spurs, Rockets, Celtics.

and I too wish Gus did NBA games.

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
My bad. I don't watch bulls games so I assumed it was whoever was on their site. I had to watch that game cuz our network didn't even cover the Nets for that week cuz of the yankees. A bunch of classless individuals. They deserved to choke on their words.

what'd they do? :confused:

KingPosey
01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
favorite: bill walton
worse: sacramento kings announcers. they said "players shouldn't be ejected out of a game when having five fouls but rather have some sort of fine" OKAAAAAAAAAY
probably because its 6 fouls.

Lakers4ItAll
01-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I hate all the home team announcers they are all homers.

I like JVG and Mark Jackson

Sox72
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM

I agree. I don't understand why so many don't like JVG.

Sox72
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Shouldn't home team announcers be biased towards the team they're broadcasting for? They are catering to the local market.

I do think, however, that their style should change if asked to announce for a nationally broadcast game.

RZZZA
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
exactly Sox. Nobody has yet answered my question about why it's good for teams announcers to be un-biased.

If I was watching bulls games and my announcers were just as excited about the Nets as they were my Bulls, I would be pissed off and I'd mute them.

How annoying would that be? Every time an opponent comes to play my team, the announcers cheer for the opponent.

blueplanet
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Marv Albert is probably the greatest announcer of all time. And then there's Kevin Harlan. I can't stand the T&T guys anymore. They are funny but know very little about what they are talking.

Don Starks
01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Marv Albert is probably the greatest announcer of all time. And then there's Kevin Harlan. I can't stand the T&T guys anymore. They are funny but know very little about what they are talking.

dude :facepalm: that sig. you do realize that stat only takes the last week into attendance since its only gauging the games they sold out in 2011.

Gators123
01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
dude :facepalm: that sig. you do realize that stat only takes the last week into attendance since its only gauging the games they sold out in 2011.

Wrong. That's for the whole season.

GMS AVG PCT
37 19,360 100.4