PDA

View Full Version : Third NBA ASG Voting returns...

asandhu23
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
NEW YORK -- Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder top the Western Conference, while Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic and LeBron James of the Miami Heat lead the Eastern Conference after the third returns of 2011 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile. Bryant, The Finals MVP last season, is the overall leader with 1,391,597 votes.

The 2011 NBA All-Star Game, which will air live on TNT and ESPN Radio in the U.S., and reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages, will be played at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Feb. 20, 2011.
ASG_logo_250_1215.jpg

In the Western Conference, Bryant, a three-time All-Star MVP, who garnered the honor in 2002, 2007 and 2009, is followed at guard by the New Orleans Hornets' Chris Paul (724,605). Kevin Durant, a member of last year's All-NBA First Team, paces forwards in the West (945,944), with the Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony (742,284) second. The Houston Rockets' Yao Ming (754,583) is the leading vote-getter among Western Conference centers, with the Lakers' Andrew Bynum (493,237) placing second.

Howard, the leading vote-getter in the Eastern Conference with 1,205,159 votes, paces centers in the East, followed by the Boston Celtics' Shaquille O'Neal (506,621). James, a two-time All-Star MVP (2006, 2008), leads all Eastern Conference forwards with 1,194,091 votes, followed by the Celtics' Kevin Garnett (850,687), MVP of the 2003 All-Star Game. The Heat's Dwyane Wade, last years All-Star Game MVP, paces all guards with 1,167,649 votes; the Celtics' Rajon Rondo is second among guards in the East (929,781).

2011 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile, with associate partner 2K Sports, allows fans around the world to vote daily for their favorite players as starters for the 2011 NBA All-Star Game. Paper balloting will continue through Jan. 17, while wireless balloting and voting on NBA.com will conclude Jan. 23. There are several ways fans can cast their votes, including: at each NBA arena; in 20 languages on NBA.com; and through mobile phones by texting the player's last name to 6-9-6-2-2 ("MYNBA") or by visiting m.nba.com on any wireless carrier.

For SMS voting, fans can vote for All-Stars any time by texting a player's last name from their mobile phones on any wireless carrier. Fans can cast one SMS vote per day, per phone number. Message and data rates may apply. T-Mobile customers will receive an exclusive 15 percent discount code to NBAStore.com for voting via SMS voting. Upon voting, T-Mobile customers will get a bounceback message with a discount code for them to use on NBAStore.com.
kobe-asb-3-300.jpg
Kobe Bryant leads all players in 2011 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile.
NBAE via Getty Images

Fans can vote directly on NBA.com or use their Facebook profile information to help create an NBA.com All-Access account, which enables them to complete a ballot. After submitting their All-Star selections, fans will have the ability to share them with their friends on Facebook and followers on Twitter, and encourage others to cast their ballots.

Updated results for the Eastern and Western Conferences will be issued regularly leading up to the announcement of the All-Star starters. Starters will be announced live on TNT on Jan. 27, during a special one-hour pregame show at 7 P.M. ET featuring Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith. The special will air prior to TNT's exclusive doubleheader featuring the Miami Heat at the New York Knicks (8 P.M. ET) and the Boston Celtics at the Portland Trail Blazers (10:30 P.M. ET). Following the completion of fan voting and the starting line-up announcement, the head coaches in each conference will vote to determine the remaining All-Stars in their respective conference, which will be announced Thursday, Feb 3, prior to a TNT doubleheader.

The NBA All-Star ballot lists 120 players -- 60 each from the Eastern and Western conferences -- with 24 guards, 24 forwards, and 12 centers from each conference comprising the list. Voters select two guards, two forwards and one center from each conference. The 120 players on the ballot were selected by a panel of media who regularly cover the NBA: J.A. Adande (ESPN.com), Marv Albert (TNT), Art Garcia (NBA.com) Marc Spears (Yahoo! Sports), Doug Smith (The Toronto Star) and Ian Thomsen (Sports Illustrated).

NBA All-Star 2011 in Los Angeles will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league's history for a global celebration of the game. The week leading up to the 60th NBA All-Star Game will feature a full slate of community-enhancing activities, fan festivals and events, including the NBA Cares All-Star Day of Service, the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge & Youth Jam, and NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm. NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas, the hugely successful interactive basketball celebration, will return to the Los Angeles Convention Center. Los Angeles and the STAPLES Center will host NBA All-Star 2011, marking the fifth time The City of Angels and the second time STAPLES Center will be the site of the annual celebration. STAPLES Center last played host to NBA All-Star in 2004, and L.A. also hosted the All-Star Game in 1963, 1972, and 1983.

In conjunction with All-Star Balloting, 2K Sports will give fans the opportunity to experience Los Angeles and the best of basketball by entering the NBA® 2K11 Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to NBA All-Star 2011 and have their likeness as a digitized player incorporated in next year's game, NBA® 2K12.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/06/allstar-ballot-results-3/index.html

THIS IS ********!!!

Evolution23
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
u mad?

GodsSon
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Lol at Bosh

asandhu23
01-06-2011, 03:15 PM
u mad?

Yes I am. There is no Monta Ellis there

Evolution23
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM

Garnett ahead of Amare is a joke too.. All Star game is a joke in a general

sargon21
01-06-2011, 03:27 PM

ManOnFire
01-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Whoever is voting is a joke....damn casual NBA fans.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
rondo over rose is a joke

He's closing in though. If this pace continues, Rose will overtake Rondo for the East's 2nd guard spot by the next (and I believe final) return.

arkanian215
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM

lol

Red222
01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
He's closing in though. If this pace continues, Rose will overtake Rondo for the East's 2nd guard spot by the next (and I believe final) return.

been voting all day while at school no less :eyebrow:

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Keep up the good work! :clap:

asandhu23
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
lol

he deserves it. He's the only one doing anything on the Warriors

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Thank god the right PG is leading in the East. I actually want to see other players get the ball in the right place.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
IMO Ellis and Kevin Martin should also be in the AS game.

sargon21
01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Thank god the right PG is leading in the East. I actually want to see other players get the ball in the right place.

nope, he's not

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
nope, he's not

Leave him alone. He's just being a troll trying to get a reaction out of Bulls fans. We know Rose should be starting and probably will be after the next returns.

asandhu23
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Without Ellis, Warriors would have 0 wins by this point.

ATX
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
The only problem I see in the East is Garnet over Amare, and in the West of course Yao over anybody. The coaches will fill in the gaps. Should be another fun All Star game to watch. Can't wait to watch B Griffin in the dunk contest!

Flash3
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM

u cant be serious ?

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Leave him alone. He's just being a troll trying to get a reaction out of Bulls fans. We know Rose should be starting and probably will be after the next returns.

:laugh2: I don't think I've trolled once. I have evidence to back up everything I say. BTW I actually own Rondo and Rose's jersey. :p

Flash3
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM

rose or rondo will be good for me, but you cant believe rose should be way ahead of him or be the consensus vote right ?

Minimal
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Only Bulls fans think Rose should be starting over Rondo, and doing all kinds of agendas so he could get his spot, voting 2131451135914814029140928401 times a day and all that crap.

Chill out guys, he hasn't deserved starting spot over Rondo yet.

sargon21
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
:laugh2: I don't think I've trolled once. I have evidence to back up everything I say. BTW I actually own Rondo and Rose's jersey. :p

I would love to see this evidence, and Rondo's sky-high TOV%.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Only Bulls fans think Rose should be starting over Rondo, and doing all kinds of agendas so he could get his spot, voting 2131451135914814029140928401 times a day and all that crap.

If one person voted that many times, he'd be the all-time career leading vote getter for All-Star games. :eyebrow:

And deservingly so. ;)

GodsSon
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Are all Bulls fans on this site female? I swear you guys cry at any opportunity about Rose if you feel he's getting slighted

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM

maybe on the bench yes, but not as a starter

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 03:57 PM
rose or rondo will be good for me, but you cant believe rose should be way ahead of him or be the consensus vote right ?

Definitely not way ahead, no. They are different style PGs, both great at their own style. But personally (not just because I'm a Bulls fan), I like Rose's style where he can put up big points in addition to getting good assist numbers compared to Rondo who gets great assist numbers, but isn't near as much of a threat to score.

DaBUU
01-06-2011, 03:58 PM

dont forget his 11 whole points per game, and is whopping 41% FT shooting. A freakin PG shooting 41% from the line, :speechless:

DaBUU
01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
The guy is averaging 24 and 8, we clearly have a right to vote him in, you can **** off.

:cheers:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Without Ellis, Warriors would have 0 wins by this point.

You're underestimating Steph Curry:eyebrow:

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:00 PM

I have no trouble admitting that Rose is a better scorer, but Rondo runs a team much more efficiently. Also FG% is better, more assists and a better defender. Despite being on a big team, still has more RPG. Unlike Rose, doesn't need to only score; can beat teams with his passing.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't cry and be upset if Rose got to start. Both guys will probably make it.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I have no trouble admitting that Rose is a better scorer, but Rondo runs a team much more efficiently. Also FG% is better, more assists and a better defender. Despite being on a big team, still has more RPG. Unlike Rose, doesn't need to only score; can beat teams with his passing.

Rose vs. Rondo rebounding is hardly a difference this year.
4.5 Rebounds a game for Rose
4.6 Rebounds a game for Rondo

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
dont forget his 11 whole points per game, and is whopping 41% FT shooting. A freakin PG shooting 41% from the line, :speechless:

Rondo doesn't need to score when he has KG, pierce and Allen on his team

asandhu23
01-06-2011, 04:06 PM
You're underestimating Steph Curry:eyebrow:

the rest of the team sucks. Curry can't do it all by himself

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:06 PM

And his team is winning more. PGs don't need to score to win games...

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
And his team is winning more. PGs don't need to score to win games...

It depends on their role on the team... :eyebrow:

asandhu23
maybe on the bench yes, but not as a starter

Do you even watch the Warriors?

John Walls Era
Rose vs. Rondo rebounding is hardly a difference this year.
4.5 Rebounds a game for Rose
4.6 Rebounds a game for Rondo

Fine. Not a better rebounder. But those other facts can't be ignored. If I need to pick either Rose or Rondo to make a shot, I go with Rose easily.

bklynny67
i would put Rose ahead of Rondo, but not by a whole bunch, but definitely ahead. and also Amar'e over Garnett. that one shouldnt be close. Garnett isn't close to Amar'e anymore. BOS fans just vote for their guys regardless of who deserves it.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
It depends on their role on the team... :eyebrow:

Thats a fair point.

bklynny67

that has nothing to do with whether he is one of the 2 best guards in the West. he should not be starting.

John Walls Era
i would put Rose ahead of Rondo, but not by a whole bunch, but definitely ahead. and also Amar'e over Garnett. that one shouldnt be close. Garnett isn't close to Amar'e anymore. BOS fans just vote for their guys regardless of who deserves it.

I guess its time for Knicks fans and Bulls fans to step up and do the same then...

JordansBulls
01-06-2011, 04:10 PM

He wouldn't start anyway not over Deron, CP3 or Kobe

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Fine. Not a better rebounder. But those other facts can't be ignored. If I need to pick either Rose or Rondo to make a shot, I go with Rose easily.

No doubt, I just think if Rose had shooters around him like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG, and Glen Davis playing with him, he could easily adjust to play Rondo's role. I don't know if I could say the same for Rondo switching in to Rose's role.

bklynny67
01-06-2011, 04:11 PM

how do u think he should possibly start over Kobe or Paul? or Deron? Ellis will make the bench but definitely should not start.

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Are all Bulls fans on this site female? I swear you guys cry at any opportunity about Rose if you feel he's getting slighted

+1. Everyone of these ASG update threads they're *****ing and complaining about Rose not starting. Good god...

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
No doubt, I just think if Rose had shooters around him like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG, and Glen Davis playing with him, he could easily adjust to play Rondo's role. I don't know if I could say the same for Rondo switching in to Rose's role.

Its not like the Bulls have a scrub team. Kyle Korver is easily one of the best shooters right now and Boozer can score midrange and inside. Not sure about Deng, but in the past he was a decent scorer. Also I think you're discrediting Rondo's ability to get guys the ball where they can make an easy shot.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Its not like the Bulls have a scrub team. Kyle Korver is easily one of the best shooters right now and Boozer can score midrange and inside. Not sure about Deng, but in the past he was a decent scorer. Also I think you're discrediting Rondo's ability to get guys the ball where they can make an easy shot.

I'm not denying he's better at it than Rose right now. But I think the assist per game number skews how big the difference really is.

FYI..
Korver is shooting 41.7% from the field. And Deng is shooting a career low (tied with 2008-2009) 37% on jumpers from 16-23 ft from the basket. This is where his jumper used to be most effective.

Hustlenomics
01-06-2011, 04:18 PM
is that so? *starts voting for Rondo*

don't forget him averaging a triple double against Rose and knocking him out the first round :rolleyes:

?? Rose's court vision is not even close to Rondo's

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:21 PM
is that so? *starts voting for Rondo*

Yeah, if you look at the number's from each return, Rose started closing in on the 2nd return and after this one is much, much closer (By around 40,000 votes if I'm not mistaken). So if this pace were to continue, he'd win by around 28,000 votes.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2011, 04:21 PM

C'mon over kobe, cp3 or d-will:confused:

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm not denying he's better at it than Rose right now. But I think the assist per game number skews how big the difference really is.

FYI..
Korver is shooting 41.7% from the field. And Deng is shooting a career low (tied with 2008-2009) 37% on jumpers from 16-23 ft from the basket. This is where his jumper used to be most effective.

Damn... when did Korver and Deng get so pedestrian...

O btw didn't you tell your fellow Bulls fans to ignore me cuz I'm a troll :D. I told you, I ain't a troll.

Hustlenomics
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah, if you look at the number's from each return, Rose started closing in on the 2nd return and after this one is much, much closer (By around 40,000 votes if I'm not mistaken). So if this pace were to continue, he'd win by around 28,000 votes.

Rondo might widen the gap with that 22 assist game last night ..we'll see either way they both will be in the game

northsider
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM

O btw didn't you tell your fellow Bulls fans to ignore me cuz I'm a troll :D. I told you, I ain't a troll.

I think it is sad people are under this assumption we have a team of amazing shooters. The talent is there they just aren't hitting shots. That's why Rose shoots so much he is the only guy on our team that is consistent.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM

Fair enough. That first comment that I did say that about was sort of troll-ish though. You know that'll get a reaction out of some fans.

As for Deng and Korver...
Deng seems to be trying to take it to the basket more this year, which is good but he still goes up soft sometimes. Also when he gets the ball out on the wing then drives, it takes away a chance at an assist for Rose.

Korver has seemed like his normal self shooting-wise (for the most part) when he gets his feet set, then shoots. But we seem to have him coming off screens a lot a la Ray Allen in Boston and he doesn't get set before his shot, thus the drop off in his FG%.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Rondo might widen the gap with that 22 assist game last night ..we'll see either way they both will be in the game

Yeah, I was thinking earlier our matchup with you guys this Saturday could help either one out a lot, assuming one appears dominant. If they both play well, or poorly for that matter, it could be more of a non-factor.

northsider
01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Rondo or Rose starting I could give 2 ***** as long as it's one of them cause they are both deserving anyone saying one or the other is the clear cut winner is just being an ******* to be one.

Minimal
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Every thread like this will turn to Rondo vs Rose debate, just because of unhappy Bulls fans.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Every thread like this will turn to Rondo vs Rose debate, just because of unhappy Bulls fans.

Cool story bro.

Flash3
01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Rose will get the respect he deserves when he does something special in the playoffs...

ashyzup
01-06-2011, 04:41 PM
The results are pretty bad. Dirk (who is among the top if not top contender) for MVP so far sits at number 6 among forwards in the West. The potential MVP wouldn't even get into the all-star game?

northsider

And ignorant posters as yourself who say just as dumb and off the wall **** as the Bulls posters.

When you take a step back and look at the threads where it happens it is usually people who take stupid subtle shots at Rose that start the Rose fanatics going. They do it cause they know it will get a rise out of them cause the hate he receives on here is unwarranted and the over hype he gets is annoying.

As I have said Rose or Rondo either will be fine by me. It's comments like that most fans just don't know how to make cause of there egos.

checkit

:hi5:

Gators123
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM
A Rose vs Rondo debate? Great, I haven't seen one of those in a couple hours.

tredigs
01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
My simple thoughts on Rose versus Rondo from the PG thread since everyone's so obsessed with it:

^Are you trying to insinuate that Rondo isn't a serious weapon offensively? He's one of the deadliest offensive weapons in the NBA, don't let his PPG fool you (but take notice of his 53% shooting percentage while averaging a double double). There are a ridiculous amount of situations where Rondo could just look to finish off plays himself and boost his PPG, but he chooses to instead make the pass to the player with the higher% shot and get the better opportunity for the 2/3 pts. This is the biggest reason why they're the best team in the NBA, and that's not even taking into account the other half of the game. The part where Rondo absolutely crushes Rose's limited defensive capabilities (though Rose is a hard worker, and Thibs is doing his best to make him pretty adequate out there on that end).

Rondo has the opportunity this year to break Stockton's all-time record for assists per game. He's without question the FAR better pure PG, and in my opinion the better player overall. If I'm building a contender, that's who I want running my ship. Pure champion.

Only a complete homer (there's tons of them) think there's no argument and that Rose is clearly better than Rondo. Most people I talk to about the game (non Bulls fans) couldn't disagree more.

Niro
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
lmao @ bulls fan acting like rondo is brian scalabrine and rose is mj

calm down guys both are great pgs and its pretty much a toss up who should start

both have different styles of play but are great at what they are doing

northsider
01-06-2011, 04:47 PM
My simple thoughts on Rose versus Rondo from the PG thread since everyone's so obsessed with it:

Only a complete homer (there's tons of them) think there's no argument and that Rose is clearly better than Rondo. Most people I talk to about the game (non Bulls fans) couldn't disagree more.

And only a complete homer or hater(which there is also a **** ton of) would think there is no argument Rondo is clearly better then Rose. Who are most people cause I know a good amount of non Bulls fans from all walks of life who don't post on PSD that praise the guy almost as much as the crazy bulls fans do.

checkit
01-06-2011, 04:47 PM

perhaps but Rondo had more votes over Rose despite being injured for three weeks and now he is back so he should start racking votes up.. and Celtics fans unlike Bulls fans weren't even pushing hard far this, Rondo had more of an advantage with casual fans. now celtics fans are getting the word out.

tredigs
01-06-2011, 04:51 PM
And only a complete homer or hater(which there is also a **** ton of) would think there is no argument Rondo is clearly better then Rose. Who are most people cause I know a good amount of non Bulls fans from all walks of life who don't post on PSD that praise the guy almost as much as the crazy bulls fans do.

As far as there all around basketball skill and impact on the game, I couldn't agree more. A great argument can be made for both, and it truly is dependant on your team needs (by the way, Rondo could easily be a 20PPG scorer if he was in any way selfish and had the desire to be; it just wouldn't be the best choice for his team. That's not a knock on Rose's scoring whatsoever either, he does what he has to given who he plays with).

That said, if the question is who's better at the position they play? It's not even remotely close to a fair fight; Rondo is out of his league.

northsider
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
As far as there all around basketball skill and impact on the game, I couldn't agree more. A great argument can be made for both, and it truly is dependant on your team needs (by the way, Rondo could easily be a 20PPG scorer if he was in any way selfish and had the desire to be; it just wouldn't be the best choice for his team. That's not a knock on Rose's scoring whatsoever either, he does what he has to given who he plays with).

That said, if the question is who's better at the position they play? It's not even remotely close to a fair fight; Rondo is out of his league.

Ohh I agree Rondo is a way better PG(and I mean that by how you define a PG cause he is the epitome of one). I always hate Rose debate threads cause he is so out of place and an unnatural PG it is hard to get good comparisons.

I liked last night we had CJ playing PG and Rose as the 2.

YoungOne
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm voting for amaré so garnett and pierce could get a rest :)

Crackadalic
01-06-2011, 05:27 PM
IMO rose is the better player but i think rondo is a better pg. his court vision is way better then rose but rose jumper is ahead of rondo. But you cant complain which one starts there both really good

m26555
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah; Rondo and his 14 assists per game...how undeserving.

:laugh2:

knicksfan42
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
rose but rose jumper is ahead of rondo

Jerome James' jumper is ahead of Rondo. Rondo should start though.

xbrackattackx
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I hate when I like a player, But his teams fan totally ruin that player for me with dumb statements. Scoring more does not make you better. Making your team better Does.

nickdymez
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
The guy is averaging 24 and 8, we clearly have a right to vote him in, you can **** off.

Not over rondo you dont homer...

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I hate when I like a player, But his teams fan totally ruin that player for me with dumb statements. Scoring more does not make you better. Making your team better Does.

Yeah same. I use to wear Rose's jersey a lot.

But its not even the whole fan base. Just a few guys is enough to ruin a fan bases rep.

godolphins
01-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol at Bosh

It's not like he won't make the team

godolphins
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM

No it's not

sargon21
01-06-2011, 06:00 PM
yeah, it's not, but rose is the absolute leader of his team and deserves to start

dynasty7961
01-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Rondo >>> Rose..

xbrackattackx
01-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah same. I use to wear Rose's jersey a lot.

But its not even the whole fan base. Just a few guys is enough to ruin a fan bases rep.

On a better note Calderon has been killing it! ;)

Pierzynski4Prez

Chill out guys, he hasn't deserved starting spot over Rondo yet.

Hey, we're just trying to keep up with Mikantsass

Chacarron
I personally would want Rondo in as a starter.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM

You can only vote once a day..

PrettyBoyJ
01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Amare should be over KG
Dwill over CP3
Rose over Rondo

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2011, 06:20 PM
For an all star game, rondo is much better suited to be the starting PG, as he prefers to dish the ball out. I have to admit, if Rose was starting it wouldn't be as entertaining. But I still think he deserves the nod to start.

And for the guys fighting for their lives that rondo is better, Rose has a higher PER, TS%, PPG, Off Rating, lower TO%, higher offensive and defensive Win shares, about 100 percentage points higher from 3 point land, and no sharpshooter to simply give the ball to and watch shoot a 3 so he can rack up a few extra dimes per game. Rondo only is better at assists, defensive rating, and steals over Rose from what I see, and even that Rose is still getting over 8 APG and 1.1 SPG so still pretty good for a PG. Also, don't want to leave out Rondo's outstanding .410 mark from the charity line.

I get that Rondo is good, damn good. But so is Derrick, and to say one is clearly better than the other is just foolish. So why all the hate? Just say you don't like the bulls fanbase and move on, we get it.

sargon21
01-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Amare should be over KG
Dwill over CP3
Rose over Rondo

I agree with these plus Dirk deserves to start.

blueplanet
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Great, Rondo is leading. At least more voters have carry a head as of now.

sargon21
01-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Blue Planet, those people say the Heat don't FILL the arena, which they don't.

blueplanet
01-06-2011, 06:40 PM

Yes, I bet you clicked on the link :rolleyes:

madvillian9
01-06-2011, 06:40 PM

BS you gotta be lying

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
BS you gotta be lying

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3026

godolphins
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Who cares they're winnimg

smith&wesson
01-06-2011, 06:45 PM
d rose should be the starting pg for the east.

the all star wknd is gonna suck monkey balls this year.

the players who deserve to get in are all getting snubbed.

seriously who wants to see shaq at the 5 ? the guy is a dinasour at this point.

ill still watch it, but this fan voting thing has got to go. yao is getting voted in ? what the hell ?

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I thought it was an AS game. Not a free throw contest.

godolphins
01-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Lebron and Wade are locks, Bosh will get in

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM

Who cares? Idc if my team's attendance is 1000 people a night if they were as good as the heat. In the playoffs people always show up.

Rego247
01-06-2011, 07:00 PM

if it were shaq would have never be an allstar lol.

ball4reel
01-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Cant see how bosh get in over Stat,KG,Lebron,and pierce.

Hustlenomics
01-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Not over rondo you dont homer...

yeah, it's not, but rose is the absolute leader of his team and deserves to start

that boy coming off the bench :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3026

damn 14 assists per game :speechless:

people got to find something to hate on

210Don
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
so do the first 4 in ever postion go or? is 1st 2 start then rest is up 2 coaches???

godolphins
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Cant see how bosh get in over Stat,KG,Lebron,and pierce.

Bosh will get in eventually

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2011, 08:10 PM

All due respect, and I love Rose, but Rondo is playing like a mad man! He is leading the league in assists, and is also among the league leaders in steals, he's out rebounding Rose and his defence is amazing! Rose is clearly a better scorer, but if I were a GM, I'd rahter have a PG that could defend, hand out 14 assists and score around 10 a game, than a PG who scored 20+ and handed out less than ten assists a game. The two have different games, and Rose is as good as Rondo in my book, so I dont see Rondo being ahead of Rose as an odd thing.

godolphins
01-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes, I bet you clicked on the link :rolleyes:

Nice truthfull sig

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2011, 08:12 PM
What is with rockets fans voting in guys who are injured and havent played!!! Jeez... last year it was McGrady, this year Yao! WTF?

And how about LA? they are hosting and right now would have three people in the starting line up! And who knows... Blake Griffen's highlight show might boost his voting up by the final ballot... so LA could see 4 of its home town boys in the starting line-up.

northsider
01-06-2011, 08:13 PM
For an all star game, rondo is much better suited to be the starting PG, as he prefers to dish the ball out. I have to admit, if Rose was starting it wouldn't be as entertaining. But I still think he deserves the nod to start.

And for the guys fighting for their lives that rondo is better, Rose has a higher PER, TS%, PPG, Off Rating, lower TO%, higher offensive and defensive Win shares, about 100 percentage points higher from 3 point land, and no sharpshooter to simply give the ball to and watch shoot a 3 so he can rack up a few extra dimes per game. Rondo only is better at assists, defensive rating, and steals over Rose from what I see, and even that Rose is still getting over 8 APG and 1.1 SPG so still pretty good for a PG. Also, don't want to leave out Rondo's outstanding .410 mark from the charity line.

I get that Rondo is good, damn good. But so is Derrick, and to say one is clearly better than the other is just foolish. So why all the hate? Just say you don't like the bulls fanbase and move on, we get it.

I couldn't have said it any better the problem here is though all the morons will ignore a decent post from a Bulls fan and concentrate on the ones there minds can pick apart.

Not all of us Bulls fans want the world to love Rose and could honestly give to ***** less if they did as long as were happy with him. The sad part is I guess some of our fans have ruined a player that is probably extremely easy to like and doesn't deserve the hate he receives. People rarely respond when someone gives good insight on the subject yet continue to argue this subject over and over with comments like "rose is a *****" "rondo licks balls" "bulls fans are idiots".

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 08:54 PM
What is with rockets fans voting in guys who are injured and havent played!!! Jeez... last year it was McGrady, this year Yao! WTF?

And how about LA? they are hosting and right now would have three people in the starting line up! And who knows... Blake Griffen's highlight show might boost his voting up by the final ballot... so LA could see 4 of its home town boys in the starting line-up.

:horse: :rolleyes:

ZebraCity916
01-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Why does Yao have so many votes?? It's ridiculous.

Super.
01-06-2011, 09:14 PM

lolwut?

Rondo assist machine. Rose is a good scorer. There are a dime a dozen great scorers, but only a few great distributors

sargon21
01-07-2011, 12:18 AM
god damn, i retracted my statement but people keep bringing it up b/c it was on the first page

sargon21
01-07-2011, 12:18 AM
lolwut?

Rondo assist machine. Rose is a good scorer. There are a dime a dozen great scorers, but only a few great distributors

Whatever you say, buddy. Rose could dish out 11+ a night, and score 20+ a night with Rondo's roster.

Hustlenomics
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Whatever you say, buddy. Rose could dish out 11+ a night, and score 20+ a night with Rondo's roster.

mttwlsn16
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Blake

sargon21
01-07-2011, 12:26 AM

Avg. 24/8 on the bulls, he could average 20/11 with that celtics roster...

mttwlsn16
01-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Sargon, in your sig, what was DRose referring to

sargon21
01-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Sargon, in your sig, what was DRose referring to

Getting foul calls.

mttwlsn16
01-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Avg. 24/8 on the bulls, he could average 20/11 with that celtics roster...

rose>rondo

Knicks21
01-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Fans should not be allowed to vote. Majority of NBA fans don't recognize talent even if it hit them in the face.

Knicks21
01-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Rose is the better player. Rondo is the better point guard.

sargon21
01-07-2011, 12:38 AM
rose>rondo

do you think blake deserves to start as a rookie?

Avenged
01-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Bynum #2 in centers out West.. With Yao (#1) out due to injury.

daleja424
01-07-2011, 01:33 AM
well they are the best centers out there...

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Bynum #2 in centers out West.. With Yao (#1) out due to injury.

Sadly I rather see those 2 in it than the other guys. Maybe Nene, but other than those 3, no one else is worthy.

daleja424
01-07-2011, 01:39 AM
actually deandre vs dwight would be fin to watch

Avenged
01-07-2011, 01:40 AM
well they are the best centers out there...

Yes, but Yao never plays.

And the same can be said about Bynum. I just know that many will talk crap if Bynum makes it, even though there really isn't much competition anyways.

sargon21
01-07-2011, 01:41 AM
couldn't a PF fill yao's position though?

THE MTL
01-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Garnett ahead of Amare is a joke too.. All Star game is a joke in a general

Stop COMPLAINING and vote then!!!!!!!!!!1

THE MTL
01-07-2011, 01:50 AM
The Western centers dont deserve to be on the ballot. I think it is best Yao got voted in. This way he is replaced by a West PF and then the coaches will probi pick another West PF as a center. All the deserving West PF will probi make it now that they practically have the center position as well.

daleja424
01-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Yes, but Yao never plays.

And the same can be said about Bynum. I just know that many will talk crap if Bynum makes it, even though there really isn't much competition anyways.

meh... i have no problem with it. Yao and Bynum are the best big men out there... and its not like anyone else is stealing the show and getting robbed of a spot.

sargon21
01-07-2011, 01:56 AM
^ maybe blake?

daleja424
01-07-2011, 02:06 AM
blake isnt a center tho... giving the center spot to bynum does not rob anyone else who actually deserves to be an allstar as far as I am concerned.

ragee
01-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Still no Dirk?

irishkid1691
01-07-2011, 02:11 AM
compare rose and rondos stats.. not just points, assists rebounds etc.. rondo almost had a quadruple double last night against the best team in the league the spurs. its funny how all the people who disagree with rondo over rose are bulls fans. stop being homers and check the stats

NYYCowboys
01-07-2011, 02:16 AM
The biggest travesty in the East is Garnett over Amare. Rondo and Rose are both deserving IMO. Garnett is not even in the same realm as Amare anymore. I can't believe that he's still behind.

chisportscbb
01-07-2011, 02:22 AM
As a Bulls fan, I would like to see Rose start. As a fan of basketball, I think Rondo would be a better All Star Game starter. In the All Star Game, he would be on the court with Lebron, Wade, Howard, and Rondo has a greater ability to make fancy and exciting passes to set those guys up. Then Rose could come in with the second unit, and he would be looked upon to score more (something he has shown the ability to do).

But I guess the actual basketball game doesn't really matter. It has more to do with the honor of being a starter.

vdv36
01-07-2011, 02:32 AM
If Rose and Rondo would switch teams it wouldn't be race between the two.... rose would win by a landslide... no joke he'd prob average 20ppg and 15apg if he played for Boston...

alencp3
01-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Go go blakey!!!

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-07-2011, 05:28 AM
I don't think anyone averaging 11 ppg should be starting in an all-star game no matter how good of a passer/playmaker he is.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-07-2011, 05:32 AM
If Rose and Rondo would switch teams it wouldn't be race between the two.... rose would win by a landslide... no joke he'd prob average 20ppg and 15apg if he played for Boston...

Rose playing with KG, Ray Ray and PP is just as bonerific as it looks on paper. Insert a PG who can drop 25 points any given night and you'd have an unbeatable team.

Minimal
01-07-2011, 05:33 AM
I don't think anyone averaging 11 ppg should be starting in an all-star game no matter how good of a passer/playmaker he is.
If he played for Chicago, you would be saying otherwise.

Tommyh1331
01-07-2011, 06:54 AM
The east is going to be sick again! Kevin Love should be leading Centers in the West and Amare and Monte Ellis should be starting

John Walls Era
01-07-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm going to continue voting for Yao. Continue voting for KG instead of Amare. For sure voting for Bynum. Will vote 100 times a day for Rose.

;)

Pierzynski4Prez
01-07-2011, 11:15 AM
compare rose and rondos stats.. not just points, assists rebounds etc.. rondo almost had a quadruple double last night against the best team in the league the spurs. its funny how all the people who disagree with rondo over rose are bulls fans. stop being homers and check the stats

Are you sure about that? Because from what I've noticed, 90% of people aren't, but yet they still claim to be right. Here's my post from page 6:

So again, there are clearly just as many numbers to show derrick is better than Rondo as there is Rondo is better than derrick. People need to realize that neither one is clearly better than the other at the moment. I hate Boston just as much as anyone else, but I'm not going to bias my opinion on other players because of it, which is what A LOT of people clearly do on here.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
If he played for Chicago, you would be saying otherwise.

How many assists per game you think he'd be racking up playing along side Keith Bogans as his staring SG in place of Ray Ray?

SteBO
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
How many assists per game you think he'd be racking up playing along side Keith Bogans as his staring SG in place of Ray Ray?

Great point. Go the other way, put Rose on Boston. Then what?

Cool007
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM

And Kurt Thomas as his starting center.

I don't think either are getting any more wide(r) open as the teams already give them like 10ft of space and they still fail to knock them down CONSISTENTLY.

The only great shooter Bulls have is Kyle Korver and he almost never plays next to Rose (or barely plays next to Rose), Deng when he shoots good enough, Rose has 10+ assists.

That should tell you a lot.

Cool007
01-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Great point. Go the other way, put Rose on Boston. Then what?

Don't know if he would average 14apg and I don't think he would be scoring 24ppg as he is now either.

I definitely say he would be somewhere around 18ppg 12apg 4.8rpg type guy.

Not to mention with the improved 3pt shooting, and seeing how clutch he is, that gives Boston another player that they can go to at the end. Teams have to respect Rose a lot more and can't leave him alone either. That is just simply DEADLY.

69centers
01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
The biggest travesty in the East is Garnett over Amare. Rondo and Rose are both deserving IMO. Garnett is not even in the same realm as Amare anymore. I can't believe that he's still behind.

You haven't watched Garnett this year. This is his best rebounding year since his Minnesota days, and that includes his first and ring year with the C's. He is also outrebounding Amare this season, despite playing 6 less minutes per game. Scoring isn't everything, as KG is still better on defense.

Oh, so averaging 14 APG in a regular season is nothing? Yah, because it's not like some player named Stockton was the only guy in history to average more than that in a season.

Also, enough of the Rondo is on a great team, with great players, so this is why such and such .... well, crap like that holds no water. Are the same people saying this going to discredit Magic Johnson, because he played with hall of famers better than KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen?

Weak, weak arguments here.

thekmp211
01-07-2011, 02:05 PM

what a violently ignorant statement. remember that guy ben wallace your bulls broke the bank for? yeah. i'll leave it at that.

rondo is just as deserving as rose, they are both great players with different skills. get over it.

Cool007
01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
what a violently ignorant statement. remember that guy ben wallace your bulls broke the bank for? yeah. i'll leave it at that.

rondo is just as deserving as rose, they are both great players with different skills. get over it.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Rondo deserves it and he will be there.