PDA

View Full Version : Has the Sun finally set in Phoenix?

poleandreel
01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
The suns are only a few months removed from their trip to the western conference finals in which it pretty much went 7 games. However, they have lost 7 of their last 10 and their defense is worse this year than in years past. They do not look competitive anymore and Nash is on his last legs and about to turn 37. They have no players that could help them make a run and it seems like blowing it up is inevitable.

I think they will try to trade Nash and the end will come.

It was great watching the dominant suns teams for the past 6 years. One's that had so much talent you would never think they would lose. One's that won 50+ games every year. Team's that featured a 7 second offense. And of course, the ageless wonder who won back to back MVP's and created the endless 3's and the thunderous stoudamire dunks. It's sad to see that it will end and most notably without a championship.

Does everyone else feel the same way?

xbrackattackx
01-06-2011, 11:23 AM
This has been one of Nash's best seasons, Nice try though.

Minimal
01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I think its a sunset in Phoenix, they ain't gonna make it to the playoffs. However I want Steve Nash to join some title contender and win a ring. Orlando with Steve Nash would be deadly.

poleandreel
01-06-2011, 11:25 AM
This has been one of Nash's best seasons, Nice try though.

What does that even have to do with anything? I'm asking about the team in general. I know he is good but they probably won't make the playoffs and he isn't getting younger. Nice try at whatever you were going for though.

xbrackattackx
01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
The suns are only a few months removed from their trip to the western conference finals in which it pretty much went 7 games. However, they have lost 7 of their last 10 and their defense is worse this year than in years past. They do not look competitive anymore and Nash is on his last legs and about to turn 37. They have no players that could help them make a run and it seems like blowing it up is inevitable.

It was great watching the dominant suns teams for the past 6 years. One's that had so much talent you would never think they would lose. One's that won 50+ games every year. Team's that featured a 7 second offense. And of course, the ageless wonder who won back to back MVP's and created the endless 3's and the thunderous stoudamire dunks. It's sad to see that it will end and most notably without a championship.

Okay now read my statement again and see if you can put it together. It's not hard to figure out. You said Nash was on his way out I disagreed.

SpeeMN
01-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Suns could get some great pieces out of the veteran players they have. With Grant Hill, Steve Nash and Vince, they could bring in 2-4 first rounders, along with a couple young potential players. Lots of Assets to trade if they don't let those assets get so old they loose value.

asandhu23
01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I.C.Wot.u.did.dare.

poleandreel
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Okay now read my statement again and see if you can put it together. It's not hard to figure out. You said Nash was on his way out I disagreed.

he is on his last legs. he is having a great season but how many more does he have in him? therefore, last legs certainly applies

dacreator101
01-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I think the suns could be a better team, im not really happy with the rotation, hakim warrik can put up some good numbers and play defence..i honestly taught he was going to be the next amere for the suns..this guy needs to start...i can see there record turning around and making nash less fustrated imo

www.wayneonabeat.com

Lim
01-06-2011, 11:58 AM
he is on his last legs. he is having a great season but how many more does he have in him? therefore, last legs certainly applies

never doubt the agless steve nash! this guy literally gets better the older he gets

godolphins
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Buyout Nash contract so he can sign with the Heat

nycericanguy
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I think the sun set on PHO a few years ago as a legit contender but they refused to accept that. They could've gotten a TON for Nash a couple of years ago and been on their way to rebuilding already. But they are milking this way too long and could set their franchise back a decade by doing so.

RedSoxFan2434
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Gotta trade Nash while he still got value. Maybe to the Knicks for Felton and a 1st?

Or to the Thunder for Harden and a first and second?

thekmp211
01-06-2011, 12:10 PM
its time. nash is probably too classy to pull a trade demand, but this guy can't carry around carcasses all year. ....gulp....lakers?

RedSoxFan2434
01-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Its a shame with D'Antoni, Nash, Amare, Matrix, and Johnson they were the funnest team in the NBA to watch. Always rooted for them in the playoffs if Celts weren't or left early.

All good things must come to an end.

sep11ie
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I think I have to poop

Caution1011
01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Come to the Heat so you can avg 18 assist a game (Nash) :p

RDBK514
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Gotta trade Nash while he still got value. Maybe to the Knicks for Felton and a 1st?

NO.We don't need a 37 year old PG. Especially if we trade one that is playing at an all-star level. Thanks but no thanks.

nycericanguy
01-06-2011, 12:33 PM

PHO waited too long, those are the kind of trades they could have done maybe 2 years ago. But teams aren't going to give up those kind of players for a guy that will be 38 next season.

Baller1
01-06-2011, 12:44 PM

As much as I'd like to have Nash on the Thunder, it's not gonna happen. This franchise is sticking with Westbrook no matter what.

hgtiger32
01-06-2011, 01:20 PM
idk, i was just brainstorming trying to think of teams that Nash could go to

Blazers
Raptors perhaps?
Hawks
Clippers? Trade Baron, pick, and some of their young talent

Just a few rough ideas

Khalifa21
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
10/10 for artistic thread title.

poleandreel
01-06-2011, 01:35 PM
honestly, i wouldn't mind a harden + filler for nash. westbrook could easily play th 2. he was a combo guard in college and he would get easier buckets and durant/ibaka would all benefit

joeboow90
01-06-2011, 01:47 PM
The Sun has definitely set in Phoenix. they're done they're not making it to a championship or even playoffs anytime soon with the the team they have right now. they lost amare and signed Frye and Warrick for a good amount of money? bad move they overplayed their hand, had they traded Amare they could have gotten a lot of nice young pieces for him and what did they get? nothing. they should have started rebuilding a few years ago but they refused too. steve kerr was a joke of a gm

ThunderZubb
01-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Miami Heat can only dream and plus theres nothing that Miami heat has that Phoneix would trade for.

Trust me no team in the league is going to make any trades anytime soon with Miami Heat because they are the most hated team in the league.

Good Luck

Keep dreaming

JordansBulls
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Suns have no need to trade Nash right now not when they just got Vince Carter

Dade County
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Miami Heat can only dream and plus theres nothing that Miami heat has that Phoneix would trade for.

Trust me no team in the league is going to make any trades anytime soon with Miami Heat because they are the most hated team in the league.

Good Luck

Keep dreaming

If GM's think like a fan, well........... they shouldn't be GM's.:facepalm:

You could have said, they don't have attractive bench pieces, but no; you wanted to express your feeling.................. what a girly man.:facepalm:

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
With the lineups that Gentry puts out there, were not going anywhere, so that being said id like to rebuild. What SHOULD be the lineup is

Nash/Dragic
Vince/Dudley
Hill/Childress
Warrick/Frye
Gortat/RoLo

but Gentrys lineups are all over the place, including starting Pietrus at PF alot. wtf?

One trade id be down with is Steve Nash and Orlando's 2011 1st rounder to Toronto for Jose Calderon, Ed Davis, and there 2011 first round pick.

We get a point guard to replace Nash for the rest of the reason, and in the draft this year we draft Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, or Brandon Knight with Toronto's pick, because Goran Dragic is NOT the answer at starting point guard for our future. Dragic will always be a back up 6th man combo guard IMO. We also get a power forward that has some serious talent and potential. Then we draft Jan Vesely with our own pick and go with a lienup of:

Brandon Knight/Jose Calderon
Josh Childress/Pietrus or other free agent SG
Jan Veseley/Jared Dudley
Ed Davis/Channing Frye
Marcin Gortat/Robin Lopez

king4day
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
If the Suns were to trade Nash to Miami, I'd want 3 future 1sts and I'd be happy. Make them start around 2020,2022, 2024. Unprotected.

Trueblue2
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Suns could get some great pieces out of the veteran players they have. With <b>Grant Hill, Steve Nash and Vince, </b>they could bring in 2-4 first rounders, along with a couple young potential players. Lots of Assets to trade if they don't let those assets get so old they loose value.

Damn the suns would be stacked if this was 2001....

heyman321
01-06-2011, 04:59 PM
With the lineups that Gentry puts out there, were not going anywhere, so that being said id like to rebuild. What SHOULD be the lineup is

Nash/Dragic
Vince/Dudley
Hill/Childress
Warrick/Frye
Gortat/RoLo

but Gentrys lineups are all over the place, including starting Pietrus at PF alot. wtf?

One trade id be down with is Steve Nash and Orlando's 2011 1st rounder to Toronto for Jose Calderon, Ed Davis, and there 2011 first round pick.

We get a point guard to replace Nash for the rest of the reason, and in the draft this year we draft Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, or Brandon Knight with Toronto's pick, because Goran Dragic is NOT the answer at starting point guard for our future. Dragic will always be a back up 6th man combo guard IMO. We also get a power forward that has some serious talent and potential. Then we draft Jan Vesely with our own pick and go with a lienup of:

Brandon Knight/Jose Calderon
Josh Childress/Pietrus or other free agent SG
Jan Veseley/Jared Dudley
Ed Davis/Channing Frye
Marcin Gortat/Robin Lopez

I hope Colangelo is not that ******** for the Raptors' sake. Raptors need a young center that can develop as the team does, not a PG who should respectfully be traded to a contender for his shot at a ring.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM

Ohh no, Harden n a 1st for Nash? ?
How about Nash/one of the suns BiGs for a 1st n Kristic

nolin
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM

haha good one.. i think nash and hill wll finish there career sadly enough with the suns. they love arizona and it is one if not the best state to retire in .

nolin
01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I hope Colangelo is not that ******** for the Raptors' sake. Raptors need a young center that can develop as the team does, not a PG who should respectfully be traded to a contender for his shot at a ring.

Lmao why to Toronto? because hes from canada? dumbest trade suggestion i have ever seen. Raps are in rebuilt mode. they have no need to bring in a 37 year old pg. with 2 more good years at best left.

JPHX
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
wasnt it suppose to set last season according to the "experts"? Nash aint going nowhere. Hes the only player on the squad that generates $$$ and our owner is gonna milk him dry. But if any player can turn this team around its Nash.

king4day
01-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Ohh no, Harden n a 1st for Nash? ?
How about Nash/one of the suns BiGs for a 1st n Kristic

This was one of ESPN's destinations for Nash:

Oklahoma City Thunder

The league is chock full of build-around point guards, which has cut down the pool of potential suitors to only a few candidates. But Oklahoma City's situation is unique, because what makes Russell Westbrook an elite point guard is his elite scoring ability. And one league source believes that's exactly why the Thunder would be the scariest team in the Nash sweepstakes. "They would be unbelievable with Nash," the source said. "What they really need is a center, but if Nash walks onto the court, he makes them better than any piece that Oklahoma City could add. It would take Westbrook to a whole new place as a player, since he can create at the 2." The Thunder are flush with assets, including the Clippers' 2012 first-rounder (top-10-protected), Morris Peterson and Nenad Krstic's expiring contracts as well as a promising young player in James Harden.

Chronz
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Last legs implies considerable slippage, without that slippage how do you know how many years he has? Remember he started his career late, hes basically 32 or something. Yes hes old but hes still got enough left in the tank to avoid the term, on his last legs.

JPHX
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Despite all the rumors the Phoenix Suns have no intentions to trade Steve Nash and are not even considering it.

http://twitter.com/Gambo620

Straight from the source. Be dumb to trade nash.

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Straight from the source. Be dumb to trade nash.

once again, i clicked on the link and i dont see where it says that...

Bruno
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
So hard to say really. I thought they were done last season but then they ended up making the WCF finals and pushing the Lakers to six. I'll never officially right them off while Nash is their starting PG.

godolphins
01-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Will they even make the playoffs? Think so

JPHX
01-06-2011, 06:38 PM
once again, i clicked on the link and i dont see where it says that...

when im logged in it says it. weird. you can try following him i guess but he said it on the air and tweeted it. Babby also reiterated it on Doug and Wolf in the morning.

The Final Boss
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM

How the **** does losing in 6 games to the Lakers (the eventual 2X defending champs) constitute ' pretty much going 7 games? :facepalm:

hgtiger32
01-06-2011, 06:52 PM
How the **** does losing in 6 games to the Lakers (the eventual 2X defending champs) constitute ' pretty much going 7 games? :facepalm:

because 6 is close to 7, idk thats my guess, can't be that hard for you to figure out what he meant

Baller1
01-06-2011, 07:28 PM
This was one of ESPN's destinations for Nash:

Oklahoma City Thunder

The league is chock full of build-around point guards, which has cut down the pool of potential suitors to only a few candidates. But Oklahoma City's situation is unique, because what makes Russell Westbrook an elite point guard is his elite scoring ability. And one league source believes that's exactly why the Thunder would be the scariest team in the Nash sweepstakes. "They would be unbelievable with Nash," the source said. "What they really need is a center, but if Nash walks onto the court, he makes them better than any piece that Oklahoma City could add. It would take Westbrook to a whole new place as a player, since he can create at the 2." The Thunder are flush with assets, including the Clippers' 2012 first-rounder (top-10-protected), Morris Peterson and Nenad Krstic's expiring contracts as well as a promising young player in James Harden.

I see no scenario where Nash ends up in OKC, especially for Harden. This is just ESPN being ESPN.

ElMarroAfamado
01-06-2011, 09:07 PM
The Suns are horrible but Nash is still great...you know they are in trouble when a bum like Jared Dudley becomes one of your main guys on offense.......

Duncan = Donkey
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
The Suns are horrible but Nash is still great...you know they are in trouble when a bum like Jared Dudley becomes one of your main guys on offense.......

How is Dudley a bum???

Anyway, yes the Sun has set in Phoenix. Pretty bad team they got right now.

BkOriginalOne
01-06-2011, 09:54 PM
They might get to the playoffs for the simple fact that Vince Carter will become healed in Phoenix, the way all players become healed in Phoenix.

tangent12
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Cheesy *** topic title.

xabial
01-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Its the start of the Amare Curse.. You heard it here first folks.

JPHX
01-06-2011, 10:19 PM
...its ok. the curse will wear off in a couple years when Amare will need knee surgery. heard it here first.

DwayneMVPwade
01-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes

ManOnFire
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
its just a matter of time.

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
...its ok. the curse will wear off in a couple years when Amare will need knee surgery. heard it here first.

pwned

MJ-BULLS
01-06-2011, 11:01 PM
the sun has been setting in Phoenix quite slowly.
I think there's a very good chance that he will end up getting traded in the NBA trade deadline. it's sad that he couldn't bring a NBA championship to the city of Phoenix.

hotpotato1092
01-06-2011, 11:21 PM
After 10 minutes on the trade machine, here's what I came up with: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2edxuzz

Lakers also send a first rounder to both Phoenix and Detroit, and $3,000,000 to Phoenix

Why the Lakers do it: They get Nash, while also getting two potential contributors in Warrick and Frye. Giving up Bynum Hurts, and maybe they'd prefer taking Gortat from Phoenix over Frye, but they get Nash and that's what counts.

Why the Pistons do it: Centers are harder to find than Point Guards, especially for a Detroit team that has a real need inside, so if you have the chance to get an Andrew Bynum for a Rodney Stuckey you gotta do it. They give up Tayshaun's expiring for cap purposes, but they get a first rounder out of it and Blake could be a nice player for them.

Why the Suns do it: They get a nice young player (Stuckey) a pick, and they get to dump the atrocious Warrick and Frye contracts. They'd hate to give up Nash, but I think this would be a nice deal for them.

Just one potential trade, I think it makes sense for all sides.

Duncan = Donkey
01-06-2011, 11:31 PM
yer there not sending nash to the lakers, there is just no way

ragee
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I think its a sunset in Phoenix, they ain't gonna make it to the playoffs. However I want Steve Nash to join some title contender and win a ring. Orlando with Steve Nash would be deadly.

So if Nash goes to the Magic and they face the Heat in the playoffs, you'd be rooting for them and not the Heat? :D

xabial
01-07-2011, 12:12 AM

If what your saying is true Thats until after three years minimum, because the suns gave amare three years guaranteed. They know him more than any other team. (unless you didnt want the Suns to sign amare :confused: )5 years on amar'es contract-3 healthy years= one bad year since the last year is an expiring. Hopefully that doesnt happen but if it does thats a minimum risk. btw no one knows the future, but im guessing maybe the suns will miss amare a lot in the future Because their five games under .500 which is uncommon territory for them.

Duncan = Donkey
01-07-2011, 12:46 AM
If what your saying is true Thats until after three years minimum, because the suns gave amare three years guaranteed. They know him more than any other team. (unless you didnt want the Suns to sign amare :confused: )5 years on amar'es contract-3 healthy years= one bad year since the last year is an expiring. Hopefully that doesnt happen but if it does thats a minimum risk. btw no one knows the future, but im guessing maybe the suns will miss amare a lot in the future Because their five games under .500 which is uncommon territory for them.

I dont think we will miss him in the future, we are missing him right now though. Suns medical staff/FO must know something we all dont about his knees, thats why they only offered 3 years guaranteed. Im guessing some point after 3 years from now he will need more MF surgery on his knees.

JPHX
01-07-2011, 02:20 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/sports/basketball/07knicks.html

Interesting article on Amare's knees.

WHODAT8o8
01-07-2011, 02:52 AM
haha good one.. i think nash and hill wll finish there career sadly enough with the suns. they love arizona and it is one if not the best state to retire in .

das what i was thinking

MalZee24
01-07-2011, 02:54 AM
It set when Amare stepped on the court when Horry shoved Nash.

JPHX
01-07-2011, 03:34 AM
It set when Amare stepped on the court when Horry shoved Nash.

:mad:

thephoenixson28
01-07-2011, 03:56 AM
I wasn't going to post in this thread, just cuz I didn't want to sound bias. But reading alot of peoples remark I just want then to understand. Phoenix had probably the worst schedules in the NBA to start the season. Not to mention they just traded away one of our top scorers. Just give it time, Phoenix always pulls something out of there hat. Phoenix will make the playoffs you can quote me on that.

Giraffes Rule
01-07-2011, 03:56 AM
After 10 minutes on the trade machine, here's what I came up with: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2edxuzz

Lakers also send a first rounder to both Phoenix and Detroit, and $3,000,000 to Phoenix

Why the Lakers do it: They get Nash, while also getting two potential contributors in Warrick and Frye. Giving up Bynum Hurts, and maybe they'd prefer taking Gortat from Phoenix over Frye, but they get Nash and that's what counts.

Why the Pistons do it: Centers are harder to find than Point Guards, especially for a Detroit team that has a real need inside, so if you have the chance to get an Andrew Bynum for a Rodney Stuckey you gotta do it. They give up Tayshaun's expiring for cap purposes, but they get a first rounder out of it and Blake could be a nice player for them.

Why the Suns do it: They get a nice young player (Stuckey) a pick, and they get to dump the atrocious Warrick and Frye contracts. They'd hate to give up Nash, but I think this would be a nice deal for them.

The Suns already have a young point guard that's better than Stuckey to build around. I don't think there's any upside to this trade for the Suns.

canigetawitness
01-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Well yeah the sun is going to set when you make so many ill advised moves. Amare was gone anyway, so I'm not counting that. But I think this team has completely lost its identity.

king4day
01-07-2011, 11:19 AM

Come on now. You obviously don't watch the Suns so don't judge a player you don't know. If everyone did that, this forum would be filled with hate threads for players they haven't seen play.

Its the start of the Amare Curse.. You heard it here first folks.

You can also argue that the curse started with him IN Phoenix. The JJ injury, Amar'e missing 05-06, the suspensions, the eye. The only difference is now the team is losing.

I'd rather Bynum on the Suns instead.