PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love talks about his future with the Wolves

Swashcuff
01-06-2011, 10:28 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/chris_mannix/01/04/kevin.love/index.html

Kevin Love has emerged as a legitimate superstar this season, leading the NBA in rebounding by a large margin.

His relationship with Minnesota coach Kurt Rambis has been strained, mainly over differences relating to playing time.

The Timberwolves are struggling, but Love is aware that the team has a brighter future.

"I can see a light at the end of the tunnel," he said. "I couldn't see it last year."

Love is eligible to sign a contract extension this summer, but admits he does think about free agency.

"We'll see what happens with what David Kahn and the front office want to do," Love said. "If it's right, it's right. If it's not, it's not. I could end up somewhere else. I just want to play for a team that wants to win at this point. At this point, I just want to win now."

geraptor
01-06-2011, 10:36 AM
meh he is no legit superstar yet

tbone2171
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
You're title is misleading..

Il Mago 7
01-06-2011, 11:04 AM
bring him to the raptorss we need a rebounderr

masalex1205
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
this is taken out of context

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
you're title is misleading..

+1

Mile High Champ
01-06-2011, 11:18 AM

very misleading indeed.

xbrackattackx
01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
HE just said he want's to win, So obviously that means he wants to leave. lulz.

FinsSuperBowl
01-06-2011, 11:23 AM
overrated.... like a David lee mixed with a troy murphy. Good scorer and rebounder, bad defender

Lim
01-06-2011, 12:02 PM
"We'll see what happens with what David Kahn and the front office want to do," Love said. "If it's right, it's right. If it's not, it's not. I could end up somewhere else. I just want to play for a team that wants to win at this point. At this point, I just want to win now."

that quote right there makes me think he wants to leave. who can blame him?

thekmp211
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
overrated.... like a David lee mixed with a troy murphy. Good scorer and rebounder, bad defender

:facepalm:

unfortunately, minnesota has a much smaller margin of error when it comes to building teams, especially after botching the KG era.

if kahn plays his cards right, though, this team could get good fast. and the west will open up in a couple years as some of the older contenders dissipate. i think he would be wise to wait it out in minny at least two more seasons. see what rubio does, see what they can get for flynn ect.

but love has tasted excellence after his FIBA run and i cant blame him for wanting to win.

ttam68
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Thats actually pretty clever. Don't forget undersized.

He is great, but not as great as his stats have some people thinking.

DaBUU
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Kevin Love has emerged as one of the best big men in the game and some of you are still acting like hes nothing special. Oh wait he must not have a high enough PER to be considered good.

thekmp211
01-06-2011, 12:53 PM
^^ his PER is like 25, its very good.

Hawkeye15
01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I changed the title. Love simply wants to send a message to Kahn that he wants to starting winning some games. Nothing abnormal there. He will be restricted, so unless a team offers him the max, I doubt he goes anywhere this summer.
Watching the Wolves play, and knowing they have Rubio coming next year, with picks and cash, its not hard to imagine a 35+ win season next year. That will be enough of a directional swing to keep Love around. Hopefully they don't need to exceed a 5 year, $70 million deal or so, but we will see at that time.

WolvesJagsOs
01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Kevin Love wont leave. I just dont see it. We obviously need to start winning, which we will soon. We have played alot of the top notch teams so tough and faded in the 4th to blow it. We need to fix that.

DaBUU
01-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I changed the title. Love simply wants to send a message to Kahn that he wants to starting winning some games. Nothing abnormal there. He will be restricted, so unless a team offers him the max, I doubt he goes anywhere this summer.
Watching the Wolves play, and knowing they have Rubio coming next year, with picks and cash, its not hard to imagine a 35+ win season next year. That will be enough of a directional swing to keep Love around. Hopefully they don't need to exceed a 5 year, $70 million deal or so, but we will see at that time.

I think at the very least he's going to want (and deserve) what Horford and Noah just got, which i believe is closer to 80 mil over 5 yrs.

DaBUU
01-06-2011, 01:38 PM
^^ his PER is like 25, its very good.

i was being sarcastic cuz of the obsession with PER around here, but good to know. I KLove this guys game.

Hawkeye15
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I think at the very least he's going to want (and deserve) what Horford and Noah just got, which i believe is closer to 80 mil over 5 yrs.

I know man. Its so frustrating watching owner's kill the league with their stupid deals.

DaBUU
01-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I know man. Its so frustrating watching owner's kill the league with their stupid deals.

yup the same owners who are now crying that they need a lockout cuz salaries and contracts are getting out of hand. :facepalm:

blahblahyoutoo
01-06-2011, 02:48 PM

How do you make the reverse of the most common grammar/spelling mistake of all time on the intartubes?

kntresistheheat
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
He will be gone and will be with a contender for sure! I would love to see him OKC.

Durant
Love
Westbrook.

Raidaz4Life
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
He will be gone and will be with a contender for sure! I would love to see him OKC.

Durant
Love
Westbrook.

I just might stop rooting for the Lakers just to cheer for that team.... those are 3 of my top 5 favorite players in the league.

kntresistheheat
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I just might stop rooting for the Lakers just to cheer for that team.... those are 3 of my top 5 favorite players in the league.

I would love to see those guys on the same team, I think they would all compliment each other well.

They would have Scoring,Rebounding, and assist

benzni
01-06-2011, 03:49 PM
he is having an awesome year this year.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
So he can see that theres light at the end of the tunnel... meaning eventually Wolves will be good. But then he says that he just wants to win NOW.

MurderousPress
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
How do you make the reverse of the most common grammar/spelling mistake of all time on the intartubes?

I ask myself that question every day.

D Roses Bulls
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM

I don't know. you don't hear many 3rd year players coming out and talking about the future and possibly playing somewhere else. young players will usually take a fat contract and worry about winning their second contract. I think that's a bad sign for minny. the wolves will not be winners anytime soon. even if rubio comes over next year (which im not too sold on rubio yet to be good, I would have to watch him more), it will probably take him 3 years to become established at least and love's contract will be up by then.

JPHX
01-06-2011, 09:29 PM
He must be tired of cold weather too. Arizona has some warm weather, Kevin

kblo247
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Tell him to play some defense and not have the shooting percentages of a guard if he wants that kind of money. The guy is good, but he isn't worth either of those players in a trade, let alone worthy of their salary

AddiX
Can you imagine how many buckets of tears Hawkeye will fill when love leaves?:D

Hawkeye15
I don't know. you don't hear many 3rd year players coming out and talking about the future and possibly playing somewhere else. young players will usually take a fat contract and worry about winning their second contract. I think that's a bad sign for minny. the wolves will not be winners anytime soon. even if rubio comes over next year (which im not too sold on rubio yet to be good, I would have to watch him more), it will probably take him 3 years to become established at least and love's contract will be up by then.

everyone has their opinion. Mine is the Wolves will have Rubio as their starting PG next season, with Randolph added this season, and will win 35 games or more.
But hey, that's just me looking at the Wolves blowing 9 games of double digit leads, and 14 games of a lead in the last 2 minutes so far. They are sticking with anyone, anytime. When they start to figure out how to close those games (that stuff happens when you are the youngest team in the NBA), wins are coming.

kblo247
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
What makes you think Rubio will come during a possible lockout and the very least a new CBA when he can get guaranteed cash. playing time, and status over in Europe?

Hawkeye15
01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Can you imagine how many buckets of tears Hawkeye will fill when love leaves?:D

haven't cried since I watched Field of Dreams 20 years ago

And I understand the business man. But nice jab

Hawkeye15
01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
What makes you think Rubio will come during a possible lockout and the very least a new CBA when he can get guaranteed cash. playing time, and status over in Europe?

that will be the only reason he doesn't come imo.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
He wants a max contract? What happen to the times when players like Love would only [only in the NBA sense] get 10-12 mill? That being said, Kahn maybe forced to give him the max...

IndiansFan337
01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/chris_mannix/01/04/kevin.love/index.html

He's restricted, so he's not going anywhere. He'll sign a max extension and then get traded, or depart after that contract, if the team still is struggling.