PDA

View Full Version : To playoff contenders: What would you guys give for Nash and/or Hill

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Im gracefully bowing out and eating my words.

Nash and Hill dont deserve what theyre getting. What would you guys give up for them?

210Don
01-06-2011, 02:18 AM
i heard someone say the gm said they are rebuilding and are trading nash

Duncan = Donkey
01-06-2011, 02:26 AM
I was going to make a thread like this AI. I hope they are on a contender by the trade deadline

B.JenningsMVP
01-06-2011, 02:27 AM
hopfully somewhere in the east

goblazers7
01-06-2011, 02:27 AM
East would be best.

sunsfan88
01-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Dallas would surely give up something for Hill.

I wish the Clippers would trade for Nash. Him and Blake Griffin would be HOT!

Plus the Suns can get some picks, and maybe that Aminu kid.

ThornMo
01-06-2011, 02:35 AM
nash in orlando would be dope

kozelkid
01-06-2011, 02:46 AM
I proposed the idea of Nash, Hill and Gortat to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Crawford in the trade idea thread

Reasoning?
Phoenix needs to rebuild and Josh Smith is a nice young piece. Meanwhile Nash and Hill are wasted and Phoenix would continue to float in NBA hell.

Atlanta is sort of in the same situation. They won't be able to win it all with their current cast. With Nash, they get another player capable of creating his own shot who would make everyone better and is an elite player. Also, Horford finally gets to move to his natural position and a Gortat Horford duo would be beastly defensively. And their paint defense is the main reason they got blown out by Howard and Lebron in the playoffs.

A starting lineup of Nash-Johnson-Hill-Horford-Gortat with Bibby and Marvin Williams off the bench would seem like a team that would have nearly the same firepower as the 05 Suns (maybe not quite as much), but with MUCH better defense and rebounding. Again, that frontcourt would be incredible defensively imo.

blueplanet
01-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Orlando should go for Steve Nash.

hgtiger32
01-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Orlando should go for Steve Nash.

highly doubt it, they are playing fine without him

skiflyer
01-06-2011, 03:10 AM
Lakers want Nash and so do I...

verdell1978
01-06-2011, 03:11 AM
To tell you the truth PHX has a lot of good players but no great player. If I was PHX I would just blow it up and get young future cheap talent in return. Players with trade value are 1. Nash (first round lottery pick or up and coming point guard (Bledsoe, Bayless, Nelson, Chalmers, Bradley, George Hill, Curry, Agustin, Flynn, Rubio, Sessions, teague, Lawson just to name a few.) 2. Pietrius (first round pick or up and coming 2 guard or small forward because he is still young and getting better ex. (Morrow, Crawford, Ellington, Henderson, Paul George, Manny Harris, Dominique Jones, Courtney Lee, Budinger, terrence Williams, Brandon Rush, Stephenson, Farouq, Mayo, Eubanks, Babbit, Hayward, and many more young players that will never get on the floor.
I;m sure play off teams would love to have Childress, Dudley, Warrick, Carter, Gortat, Dragic, Hill and Lopez. The suns should at least see what's out there and start over with high picks and salary cap relief. This team is nothing more than something to do in PHx. THEY WILL NOT WIN THE DIVISION, THEY WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND THEY WILL NOT BE A CONTENDER WITH THIS CURRENT ROSTER. START IT OVER. Trade Nash and get multiple picks and players for him.

Trueblue2
01-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Walton for Nash sound good?

NYK_kidd77
01-06-2011, 03:15 AM
How many Years does Nash have left on his contract?

Giraffes Rule
01-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Nash to New York would be pretty fun to see, but Felton has been playing great this season.

I'd love to see Grant Hill on the Spurs. Unfortunately, it would take Blair or our own G. Hill to land him. If there is any player that's untouchable on the Spurs it's George Hill. Pop likes him too much. I don't think there's any way the Spurs trade for him.

Cubs Win
01-06-2011, 03:23 AM
I wish the Bulls could afford to trade for them to mentor Rose and Deng, while probably coming off the bench. Obviously not happening, but I can dream I can't I?

Keith Bogans and James Johnson for Steve Nash and Grant Hill? I wish.

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Nash to New York would be pretty fun to see, but Felton has been playing great this season.

I'd love to see Grant Hill on the Spurs. Unfortunately, it would take Blair or our own G. Hill to land him. If there is any player that's untouchable on the Spurs it's George Hill. Pop likes him too much. I don't think there's any way the Spurs trade for him.

Robin Lopez and Grant Hill for Dejuan Blair and a 2nd round pick. deal?

210Don
01-06-2011, 03:32 AM

thats a great deal id take it ina second

DoJoTheSlasher
01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Butlers expiring, Dominique Jones, Brendan Haywood, JJ Barea, Alexis Ajinca and 2 1sts for Steve Nash and Grant Hill.

Most likely a ****** offer but we might not be willing to trade Roddy.

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 03:47 AM
thats a great deal id take it ina second

ok sweet!!! good doing business with u.

oh wait..were not the GM's...damnit

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Butlers expiring, Dominique Jones, Brendan Haywood, JJ Barea, Alexis Ajinca and 2 1sts for Steve Nash and Grant Hill.

Most likely a ****** offer but we might not be willing to trade Roddy.

Keep JJ Barea and Ajinca and throw in Roddy and im down.

sunsfan88
01-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Dudley, Gortat, Childress, Dragic and Pietrus should be the only 5 the Suns should NOT trade.

Everyone else on the market.

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Dudley, Gortat, Childress, Dragic and Pietrus should be the only 5 the Suns should NOT trade.

Before the season, i would have said Dragic is untouchable as well, but if we can get a better point guard for him, or a lottery pick that could land us Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight, id be all over it. Hes not going to be a great starting point guard on a playoff caliber team. Hes really good when hes aggresive, but hes rarely aggresive because thats not his demeanor. Have you been watching? Hes really not playing at an "untouchable" level.

There are a few young pgs that i would realistically trade for in exchange for Goran Dragic, including Jonny Flynn who is on the block. Minnesota might do it because Dragic could play off the ball.

But honestly, i wouldnt mind keeping Dragic and having him play the 6th man combo guard manu ginobli role for the suns, but i dont think hes the answer at future starting pg

Iron24th
01-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Nash is still pretty good,but how many years he has left in him?

Teams will trade for him,but not like he's still a prime player due to his age.

iggypop123
01-06-2011, 04:27 AM
tough cause the suitors i cant think of right now. he would be great in orlando. just straight up for jameer would be a posibility but the suns would never do that. i think portland might try to go after him.

skiflyer
01-06-2011, 04:27 AM
The Spurs are really good so far this year, why would you take a chance to mess it up?

Duncan = Donkey
01-06-2011, 04:48 AM
The Spurs are really good so far this year, why would you take a chance to mess it up?

I really dont think adding a Respected Veteran like Grant Hill, will mess up anything.

Duncan = Donkey
01-06-2011, 04:53 AM

The only guys i would be really reluctant to trade are Jared Dudley and Marcin Gortat. Dragic seems to have lost all confidence this season. Petruis is absolutely expandable and Childress should also be on the block, he doesnt even get on the court these days.

JPHX
01-06-2011, 04:53 AM
Suns wont ever get equal value for either player. Id rather the suns just hang on to them and see if they cant figure it out. Management's fault that they didnt go hard for a big name in FA.

Lim
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
luke waltons expiring(i heard he is expiring.. not sure), devon ebanks, derrick caracter, 2 1st round picks( or 3 if thats what it takes) and fisher for nash.

thekmp211
01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
luke waltons expiring(i heard he is expiring.. not sure), devon ebanks, derrick caracter, 2 1st round picks( or 3 if thats what it takes) and fisher for nash.

im scared of this happening. they also have artest and his expiring contract to offer around. i think the lakers are going to acquire someone, just not sure who. dont think phoenix would trade nash to LA.

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM

LMAOOOOOOO an expiriing, a coulple 2nd rounders, and couple 1st rounders that will be so high that there just as good as second rounders, and derrick ****ing fisher for STEVE NASH? get real dude. Any deal with Nash to the lakers starts with Andrew Bynum, even if we have to send back Robin Lopez with Nash

Giraffes Rule
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM

I think that would be a steal for the Spurs. I love Blair, but Lopez isn't a scrub and could bring size and a defensive presence that the Spurs need. Hill would be excellent off the bench to back up Jefferson or even starting to be a better defensive player than Jefferson. The trade doesn't work financially though.

EDIT: What do Suns and Knicks fans think of this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=259wgfg

Suns get Blair and Gallinari as young talent + an 11.2M expiring, Spurs get Lopez, Hill, Chandler, Knicks get Nash and Richard Jefferson. I think I was being too greedy, in retrospect, but I think D'Antoni and Nash could make Jefferson an 18ppg at least player. Add picks (Spurs 1st + 2nd to the Knicks?) as well.

Lim
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
LMAOOOOOOO an expiriing, a coulple 2nd rounders, and couple 1st rounders that will be so high that there just as good as second rounders, and derrick ****ing fisher for STEVE NASH? get real dude. Any deal with Nash to the lakers starts with Andrew Bynum, even if we have to send back Robin Lopez with Nash

im sure the lakers would be willing to add more pieces if they really wanted nash, for example: 5 1st round picks instead of 3(or more). my post was just a start, settle down. also just because the picks are most likely going to be high 1st rounders doesn't mean they wont turn out good. gilbert arenas, rashard lewis, landry fields for example. regardless i highly doubt nash would get traded to the lake show. all in good fun

KingPosey
01-06-2011, 03:04 PM
I have always thought GHill is perfect for San Antonio. It probably wont happen, but he is exactly who they want Jefferson to be. And yes RJ has played much better this year.

ManOnFire
01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
i heard someone say the gm said they are rebuilding and are trading nash

sounds like a credible source...i think i'll take your word for it.

Evolution23
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
im happy with raymond.. he plays better D

kntresistheheat
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM
He will go to a team that runs his type of play, He fits better in a run offense. Teams like: NY, GS, ECT... and possibly Miami??? I know we dont have the pieces nor the cap for him.

goose15
01-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Knicks will take Robin Lopez

Prince_Karl15
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Suns get Blair and Gallinari as young talent + an 11.2M expiring, Spurs get Lopez, Hill, Chandler, Knicks get Nash and Richard Jefferson. I think I was being too greedy, in retrospect, but I think D'Antoni and Nash could make Jefferson an 18ppg at least player. Add picks (Spurs 1st + 2nd to the Knicks?) as well.[/QUOTE]

lmaoo u must be crazy RJ basically for ILL WILL..no thanks that trade works for me not including Chandler n trust me we dont want Jefferson

tbomlad
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
The Magic will give a really nice piece of swamp land in North Florida. Let me know if that bid wins.

VicRoyJr
01-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I would like to see Nash with the Knicks ..But my boy Raymond Felton is playing lights out right now

shep33
01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Luke Walton and cash

Flash3
01-06-2011, 07:40 PM
I wish the Bulls could afford to trade for them to mentor Rose and Deng, while probably coming off the bench. Obviously not happening, but I can dream I can't I?

Keith Bogans and James Johnson for Steve Nash and Grant Hill? I wish.

why not a line up like this :

nash
rose
deng
boozer
noah

u guy did start hinrich with rose before, then all the play making duties wouldnt soley fall on rose.

AI4MVP
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
I think that would be a steal for the Spurs. I love Blair, but Lopez isn't a scrub and could bring size and a defensive presence that the Spurs need. Hill would be excellent off the bench to back up Jefferson or even starting to be a better defensive player than Jefferson. The trade doesn't work financially though.

EDIT: What do Suns and Knicks fans think of this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=259wgfg

Suns get Blair and Gallinari as young talent + an 11.2M expiring, Spurs get Lopez, Hill, Chandler, Knicks get Nash and Richard Jefferson. I think I was being too greedy, in retrospect, but I think D'Antoni and Nash could make Jefferson an 18ppg at least player. Add picks (Spurs 1st + 2nd to the Knicks?) as well.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Flash3
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
im happy with raymond.. he plays better D

Come playoff time i hope he doesnt choke like last year.

gilly
01-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I proposed the idea of Nash, Hill and Gortat to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Crawford in the trade idea thread

Reasoning?
Phoenix needs to rebuild and Josh Smith is a nice young piece. Meanwhile Nash and Hill are wasted and Phoenix would continue to float in NBA hell.

Atlanta is sort of in the same situation. They won't be able to win it all with their current cast. With Nash, they get another player capable of creating his own shot who would make everyone better and is an elite player. Also, Horford finally gets to move to his natural position and a Gortat Horford duo would be beastly defensively. And their paint defense is the main reason they got blown out by Howard and Lebron in the playoffs.

A starting lineup of Nash-Johnson-Hill-Horford-Gortat with Bibby and Marvin Williams off the bench would seem like a team that would have nearly the same firepower as the 05 Suns (maybe not quite as much), but with MUCH better defense and rebounding. Again, that frontcourt would be incredible defensively imo.

I like it, makes sense for both teams.

PrettyBoyJ
01-06-2011, 08:28 PM
I wouldnt want the Knicks to jus ship felton off cuz he's been playing well and that kind of works for us but we could either do a swap Nash for Felton.. or Low ball them and get nash, Hill, & gortat for Felton, Bill Walker and a 2nd round pick lol

Mplsman
01-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Nash in LA or Miami would be unstoppable.

0nekhmer
01-06-2011, 08:43 PM
It would be SICK to see Nash in ATL, OKC, NY, just dont be a stacker and go to LA/BOS/OR/MIA. Nash has too much self respect for that

PHX2daDEATH
01-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Okay.... i'll start with the Lakers, AI is right any deal starts and ends with Bynum. So I would Hope.. I would take Lamar though but if the Lakers were interested Bynum would be the guy I would poke at first..thing is with the Lakers, are they willing to drop the triangle mid-season for Nash? I don't know how effective Nash would be playing that.. Lakers would have to go Up-tempo and that means Gasol, Lamar/Bynum are going to have to run.. I dont see the Lakers being interested and I dont see the Suns being interested unless Mitch flat out offers Andrew..i will never watch another basketball game if the Suns trade Nash for Walton and the two rookies, I will be done mark my words...!!!

The Magic. I think they are just fine.. Hedo and Nash couldn't play together in Phoenix.. and i Know they have Dwight too but there is only one ball and both need it to be effective..'Sides what could the magic offer, Reddick, Bass, and Anderson? I'll pass..

The Knicks. I would definately take Wilson and Ray for Hill and Nash..No questions asked about that..not Gallinari.. Wil the thrill.. something maybe the Nuggets should take note of too.

Too bad a team like Memphis isn't consider a contender..i think Nash could do something special playing with Zach and Rudy.. OJ and Thabeet would be Ideal coming to Phoenix

my two places where I would WANT to see Nash play.. OKC or Dallas..

YoungOne
01-07-2011, 07:21 AM
would like to see hill backing up pierce and allen, but we don't have much to offer, maybe nate+daniels