PDA

View Full Version : Will Andrea Bargnani be an All-Star this/next season?

0nekhmer
01-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Dude is highest scoring C in the Eastern Conference at the moment. At 21.2 PPG, what's holding him back is that 6 RPG.

MalZee24
01-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Possibly. He's versatile so he has more chances because he can make it as a PF or SF too.

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm a Raptor fan and I'm saying no chance.

Mplsman
01-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Dude is highest scoring C in the Eastern Conference at the moment. At 21.2 PPG, what's holding him back is that 6 RPG.

That is atrocious. Small Forwards avg. that.

beasted86
01-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Dwight Howard + Al Horford + Andrew Bogut + Amare Stoudemire + Chris Bosh + Carlos Boozer = No all-star anytime soon

Aside from Bogut, all of those guys play for winning teams, and that's usually who the coaches vote in.... and he's sure not getting the fan vote in.

MalZee24
01-06-2011, 01:28 AM
That is atrocious. Small Forwards avg. that.

Isn't he practically a SF? He's kinda like Dirk.

HoopsDrive
01-06-2011, 01:30 AM
It's not even about the rebound number... 6 rpg for a big man = disgustingly bad. On that team and with Reggie out the dude should be averaging at least 9... AT LEAST.

ChiSox219
01-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Synergy:

Bargnani gives up 1.01 Points Per Play, that's good for 332nd in the NBA

Doesn't rebound

Slightly below average in TS% among centers playing 10mpg/min 20 games

HoopsDrive
01-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Isn't he practically a SF? He's kinda like Dirk.

Technically, he's a PF but played C since we used to have Bosh. We still don't have a legitimate C so he still plays there.

Gibby
Synergy:

Doesn't rebound

This

Plus plays on a 12-23 team

Gators123
To be honest, I really don't see him ever being an All-Star.

knicks4life33
01-06-2011, 01:34 AM
in the euro league maybe

MalZee24
01-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Technically, he's a PF but played C since we used to have Bosh. We still don't have a legitimate C so he still plays there.

Yeah, I mean I don't recall Dirk avg 10 rebounds a game when he had to play C when Antoine Walker played PF.

goblazers7
01-06-2011, 01:40 AM
No, he plays for a pretty crappy team and is averaging 21/6.

Baltoro
01-06-2011, 01:44 AM
In my heart of hearts I say no.

He's slowly but surely been putting it together the last few seasons but the that rpg # will always be a major flaw.

Maybe, one fluke year in the future it will happen. Stranger things have happened. Perfect example, Antonio Davis. Made the all star team one year because the east big men were riddled with injuries.

DoJoTheSlasher
01-06-2011, 01:46 AM
No.

MalZee24
01-06-2011, 01:49 AM
In my heart of hearts I say no.

He's slowly but surely been putting it together the last few seasons but the that rpg # will always be a major flaw.

Maybe, one fluke year in the future it will happen. Stranger things have happened. Perfect example, Antonio Davis. Made the all star team one year because the east big men were riddled with injuries.

Jamaal McGloire too.

DoJoTheSlasher
01-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Jamaal McGloire too.

I hate to be inconvenient and rude but it is spelled Magloire.

What the **** is a McGloire? A sandwich at McDonalds?

Korman12
01-06-2011, 02:11 AM
He'll need to bolster those rebounding numbers first and do a little more to help Toronto win some games.

mvb815
01-06-2011, 02:30 AM
god, i can't stand raptors fans on this site. will he? no, should he? YES

he is a great player 21/6 are good numbers, IN THE NBA regardless of if your team is good or bad. will granger make it? probably. bogut? most likely. gerald wallace? maybe

what does bargnani have to do to earn respect? he is probably the fastest 7 footer in the league with a respectable jumper, great free throw percentage, and a decent defensive game. because he isn't pulling down 2+ more rebounds a game makes him terrible?

this is why good players leave toronto, arrogant fans in the nba

Gators123
01-06-2011, 02:43 AM

he is a great player 21/6 are good numbers, IN THE NBA regardless of if your team is good or bad. will granger make it? probably. bogut? most likely. gerald wallace? maybe

what does bargnani have to do to earn respect? he is probably the fastest 7 footer in the league with a respectable jumper, great free throw percentage, and a decent defensive game. because he isn't pulling down 2+ more rebounds a game makes him terrible?

:confused:

ChiSox219
01-06-2011, 02:43 AM

If you follow the all-star selections, players on non-contending teams are rarely selected, and those that are, usually are injury replacements at thin positions or having exceptional seasons.

Bargnani is one of the worst defenders in the NBA, let alone at his position, which is the most important cog to a good defense.

Bargani's scores a bunch but on very average efficiency, you may be one of those people that thinks Beasley is all-star too because he is fast and scores 21 ppg with a respectable jumper.

Dwight and Horford are locks, if one of them is injured you go to Bogut. After that there's Lopez, Hibbert, McGee, Shaq, and if he wasn't hurt, Noah.

IversonIsKrazy
01-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Dwight will always be starter. Then after that theres Bargs, Horford, Noah & Lopez. I hope he will make a leap next year and get us atleast 8RPG, but honestly, I think he MIGHT make all-star ONCE in his career, but thas it.

DoJoTheSlasher
01-06-2011, 03:34 AM
AIK, Lupe needs to be right behind Eminem on your list. Not convinced now? Then wait till Lasers comes out. You need to put Cise Star on that list too.

Chronz
01-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Rebounding is not the only thing holding him back, his efficiency on both ends plays as big of a role

JohnBoy326
01-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Eminem? Really? He hasn't made a good CD since The Real Slim Shady. Man on the Moon II is one of my current favorites. And Jay-Z I'm pretty sure hasn't made a good song since 99 problems. But that's just a personal opinion. Main-stream rap sucks anyways. Wiz Khalifa is a pretty good main-stream artist if you like smoking music.

Niro
01-06-2011, 07:23 AM
no

Khalifa21
01-06-2011, 07:50 AM
No... A center averaging 6 rebounds a game with some of the weakest defense i've seen is atrocious.

pebloemer
01-06-2011, 09:18 AM

It isn't just the Raptor's fan who are saying he shouldn't be an all star, why reserve your hate for just us? That's prejudice. Hate equally please ;).

His abilities on the offensive end have developed considerably over the years and I am a huge admirer of his improvement. He can also hold his own on the post against most PF/C's now. But until he becomes more assertive and more aggressive/physical his rebounding and overall defense will suffer. Which hurts the team defensively. P,us he is on one of the worst teams in the NBA. Players on bad teams rarely get selected. It is not hating Bargnani to look at the facts.

Will he ever make it? Maybe. But team improvement, C situation in the East, and Bargnani improvement all need to be favourable.

S-Dot
01-06-2011, 09:22 AM
The Annual Bargnani All-Star thread. Off the top of my head, I would say no he won't be one this year.

Il Mago 7
01-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Hes Better Then Bosh Lets Put It That Way

29$JerZ
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
As a C after Dwight/Shaq and Horford ?
As a PF After KG/Amar'e I don't see it

He won't be an all star this year

BrahCake954
01-06-2011, 11:49 AM
hell no

dacreator101
01-06-2011, 11:51 AM
no way...is it just me or does this guy sit out on all the big games...?
He is always claiming to be hurt when they play tough teams..

www.wayneonabeat.com

Rego247
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM

www.wayneonabeat.com

yea i think its u.

try watching some games then u'd know. hes been injured, the past couple of games. he doesnt intentionally sit out against tough teams, he doesnt back down from them either.

Gibby
01-06-2011, 12:11 PM

just because a player averages 21 points doesnt mean he is an all star. anyone with a brain would say Bargnani doesnt deserve to be an all star. His team is bad. He is a bad rebounder and bad defender. He isnt that efficient a scorer when compared with other centers.

Gibby
01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Hes Better Then Bosh Lets Put It That Way

You got to be joking. Bosh put better numbers than Bargnani when he was the number 1 option and the team had a better record. Your just Bosh hater, get off bargnani's dick.

Malz28
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Not this year, maybe next. He has/will benefitted more then anyone from Bosh leaving.

Rego247
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
You got to be joking. Bosh put better numbers than Bargnani when he was the number 1 option and the team had a better record. Your just Bosh hater, get off bargnani's dick.

and how long has bargnani been a number 1 option. half a season? yet ur already drawing conclusions on who puts up the better numbers. right.

thekmp211
01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Rebounding is not the only thing holding him back, his efficiency on both ends plays as big of a role

if he was putting 23/10 though, the common perception would be that he has improved mightily and there would be all-star buzz. just the way it works.

to the thread, no, there is no way he makes an all-star game this year or for the future. you're going to have lebron/kg starting. dwight at the 5. backups will be some combination bosh, boozer, horford, pierce stat and bogut. and there are about 5-7 other guys more deserving than bargnani who don't make the cut.

bargs' deficiencies have been well documented on this thread. he doesn't do anything at an elite level, he doesn't win and he doesn't have a nationwide fan appeal. he is the starting four on my 2k11 franchise and is shooting about 65% from three though, pretty sweet.

Flash3
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
im not gonna say no cause guys like mo williams made it before.

dunedinjays
01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I think bargnani deserves it more than mo williams did. I dont see how he doesnt make it as a reserve

Flash3
01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
if he was playing with nash though.....

Flash3
01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
if you think about allstar game is nothing, anyone can make it (not literally everyone)

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
im not gonna say no cause guys like mo williams made it before.

Mo Williams needed 2 guards to be injured to make the all-star game...i wouldn''t take his one all-star selection seriously.

smith&wesson
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM

e z there big guy, I agree with you because I cant understand why our own fans hates on the guy .. but to call out a whole fan base ?

I love bargs, i hope he is a star in this league, he is pretty dam close to it as it is. I ll take 21/6 from any player those are respectable numbers, Ive even made a thread comparing him to the other C's in the league. and he is right up there in terms of productivity theres only a couple C's out there that have a higher scoring average. Where he lacks in rebounds he makes up for in his offense. 21 + plus points a game at a good shooting % is great numbers for any big man.

BALLER R
01-06-2011, 01:32 PM

www.wayneonabeat.com

what games are you talking about....

smith&wesson
01-06-2011, 01:39 PM

www.wayneonabeat.com

its just you, he hardley misses more then 7-10 games a year. thats great for a 7 footer.

Gibby
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
and how long has bargnani been a number 1 option. half a season? yet ur already drawing conclusions on who puts up the better numbers. right.

half a season is pretty good amount of time. thats what we have to judge him on now.

Il Mago 7
01-06-2011, 02:22 PM

First of all bargnani is a better scorer post 3 point defence is better hes better in the post and bosh has been a raptor since 03? i swear i never heard about him in the heat AHAHAHHA thye never gave andrea a chance now they do and hes preforming this is his first season of the team being his Vince Carter Was Right We Shoulda Drafted D Wade

Flash3
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
bosh is a much more efficient scorer, bargnani for a big man takes alot of low percentage shots.

arkanian215
01-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Synergy:

Doesn't rebound

Dang this makes me want Synergy.

Rego247
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
half a season is pretty good amount of time. thats what we have to judge him on now.

ur compared all of bosh's seasons as the number 1 guy to bargs half a season as a number 1 guy. u think thats fair comparison? u act as if bargs has been the number one guy for 5 years.

td0tsfinest
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
No, he won't make the allstar. He won't be voted into the game and coaches will look at his rebounding and lack of defense for reasons why he shouldn't be there.

aman_13
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
ur compared all of bosh's seasons as the number 1 guy to bargs half a season as a number 1 guy. u think thats fair sample size? u act as if bargs has been the number one guy for 5 years.

Bosh is a much better basketball player on both ends of the court. Bargs does have the ability to do more on offense than Bosh does, but that doesn't mean he's a better offensive player. Effeciency is key here and Bosh is more effecient than Bargs on both ends. Bosh is a better rebounder and a better defensive player. Comparing the two maybe unfair, but that poster said Bargs is better than Bosh and we are just saying he is wrong.

Gibby
01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
First of all bargnani is a better scorer post 3 point defence is better hes better in the post and bosh has been a raptor since 03? i swear i never heard about him in the heat AHAHAHHA thye never gave andrea a chance now they do and hes preforming this is his first season of the team being his Vince Carter Was Right We Shoulda Drafted D Wade

Please Bargnani is not better scorer. check bosh's stats its evident he is a better scorer and more effecient scorer. Not to mention Bosh is a better is a way better rebounder. What exactly has bargnani proved? that he can score 20 points on a bad team. lets not forget mike james averaged 20 points on a bad raptor team.

Evolution23
01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I like him but coaches look mostly at wins and the Raps don't have many, so they probably won't wont him in.

aman_13
01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Synergy:

Doesn't rebound

Bargs will get a lot more respect once he plays his natural position and that is pf. His TS% is slighlty below average among other centers, but is very respecatble among pfs. If Bargs wants to be a legit all-star, then he has to be a better rebounder and defender but he needs to move to pf first.

Rego247
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Bosh is a much better basketball player on both ends of the court. Bargs does have the ability to do more on offense than Bosh does, but that doesn't mean he's a better offensive player. Effeciency is key here and Bosh is more effecient than Bargs on both ends. Bosh is a better rebounder and a better defensive player. Comparing the two maybe unfair, but that poster said Bargs is better than Bosh and we are just saying he is wrong.

no, gibby was comparing bargs and bosh as number 1 guys on the team, and he compared the teams record when both guys were the number one option. bosh had more talent on those teams, than bargs has. u wanna compare whose team had the better records, lets compare bosh's first season as the number 1 guy, with bargs first season (oh yeah hes only been the main option for half a season). im saying the whole "we went further with bosh" argument is stupid because bargs has only a half a season under his belt as the number one guy.

Gibby
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
ur compared all of bosh's seasons as the number 1 guy to bargs half a season as a number 1 guy. u think thats fair comparison? u act as if bargs has been the number one guy for 5 years.

maybe this not enough time yet to compare them. but as of right now bargnani hasnt shown he is better than bosh and i was just responding to the guy who said he was.

this maybe Bargnani first year as the number 1 option but he has been in the league for 5 years and he is now 25 so his game should be fully developed. lol how long does it take him to adjust to being a number option?

Bosh was putting up 20 and 10 in his first full year as number option. There is not much more to bargnani than what we have seen.

aman_13
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
no, gibby was comparing bargs and bosh as number 1 guys on the team, and he compared the teams record when both guys were the number one option. bosh had more talent on those teams, than bargs has. u wanna compare whose team had the better records, lets compare bosh's first season as the number 1 guy, with bargs first season (oh yeah hes only been the main option for half a season). im saying the whole "we went further with bosh" argument is stupid because bargs has only a half a season under his belt as the number one guy.

That is true and i'm not debating that. I was referring to ILMago, he said that Bargs is a better basketball player than Bosh and that is wrong.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
His D isn't even that bad. Yes his help D is trash, but I've seen worse.

Gibby
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM

comparing bosh first year as number option to bargnani this year is not the same because theyw ere competely differrent teams. But the 09-10 raptors are pretty similar to 10-11 raptors minus bosh.

Sadds The Gr8
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
His D isn't even that bad. Yes his help D is trash, but I've seen worse.

i disagree Bargs has to be the worst help defender i ever seen.

aman_13
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM

LOL yeah, his help defense is so bad.

French totem
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Like dirk, he should not be labelled as a center, he is not, he is a PF, and to make it more strange, he plays like a SF or SG!!! dont be fooled by the 7 footer thing. He might be the first 7 footer guard in the history of the game lol

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 03:48 PM

For starters yes... but I was also comparing him to bench scrubs :o

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 03:48 PM
To be fair: Whens the last time D gets played in an AS game?

FlakeyFool
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Whens the last time not playing D got you into the AS game?

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM

:laugh2: a lot of times.......

Il Mago 7
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
maybe this not enough time yet to compare them. but as of right now bargnani hasnt shown he is better than bosh and i was just responding to the guy who said he was.

this maybe Bargnani first year as the number 1 option but he has been in the league for 5 years and he is now 25 so his game should be fully developed. lol how long does it take him to adjust to being a number option?

Bosh was putting up 20 and 10 in his first full year as number option. There is not much more to bargnani than what we have seen.

His Game Is Not Fully Developed Because Sam Mitchell Didnt Properly Develop Him He Didnt even Get Playing Time

mike_noodles
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
What the **** is a McGloire? A sandwich at McDonalds?

:laugh:

smith&wesson
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
His man on man D is actually pretty dam good. its his help D that needs improvment and if it werent for a point gaurd name calderon who cant defend his own man if his life depended on it bargs help D wouldnt be such glaring problem.

John Walls Era
01-06-2011, 04:11 PM
His man on man D is actually pretty dam good. its his help D that needs improvment and if it werent for a point gaurd name calderon who cant defend his own man if his life depended on it bargs help D wouldnt be such glaring problem.

Calderon has been decent on D this year. But it just seems that as soon as someone on the perimeter is beat, AB is no where to be seen.

smith&wesson
01-06-2011, 04:11 PM

whens the last time they really played D in the all star game ?

first of all its about popularity since the fans vote you in.

and when the coaches vote for players in as the reserves they look at the win colum more then any thing.

pebloemer
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I am a Raptors fan and I agree. Most of the supposed Raptors fans on this site are all haters.

I think he will make the All Star time if not this year then next.

Just because one is a fan doesn't mean they need to be biased.

Why is it hate for fans to look at the facts and make an honest assessment on their player - even if the assessment isn't favourable for him being an all-star? It isn't hate.... it is basketball discussion.

dtmagnet
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Nope. Not popular enough and the Raptors aren't a good team and they usually don't put good players from bad teams in.

Gibby
01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
His Game Is Not Fully Developed Because Sam Mitchell Didnt Properly Develop Him He Didnt even Get Playing Time

that is a bunch of bull crap. First two years he averaged around 24 mins. ever since then he has been getting over 30 mins. Even when bosh was there he got plenty of touches.

LanceUpperCut
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Not this year for sure but other than D12 there are no centers that are a for sure thing. This guy is either loved or hated for some reason when in reality he is a good player who has the ability to be great. If Bargnani is matched up with the right front court guy he could be a future all-star, and of course the Raptors get better.