switch lakers with mavs...

justinnum1
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM

this. but everything else looks good.

camador22
01-05-2011, 07:33 PM

Lakers aren't playing like themselves or even close to a championship level. They remind me of the 07 Heat after they won a title. No energy ot passion and sluggish most of the time. Unfortunately for them I don't see them competing this season for a title.

dacreator101
01-05-2011, 07:33 PM
nah..way the lakers or playin on dont see them more than a 4th seed...i think thunder will finally listen and get a big man before trade deadline...And I agree with the Heat selection...I see us winning 70 games this year

ManRam
01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I think the Mavs are still contenders. If you more in depth into Caron's stats this year, he really wasn't helping out much at all. I've posted it in two other threads...

Pretenders: Chicago (unless they get a 2 guard), NYK (no defense), Thunder (never drank their kool aid)...everyone else

The contenders I think are only LAL (they're looking old, but they'll be fine in the playoffs), San Antonio, Dallas, Boston, Miami and Orlando.

Chacarron
01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
There was a thread just like this one a few weeks back.

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Pick two teams from each conference

Contenders

Celtics and Heat

Spurs and Mavs

Pretenders

Bulls and Knicks

Lakers and Thunder

I'll say it again We are trying to make the playoffs. Make some noise and build to being contenders

Ironman5219
01-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Contenders

Celtics and Bulls

Spurs and Jazz

Pretenders

Bucks and Knicks

Denver and NO

Jets012
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Contenders:

Magic Heat

Lakers Spurs

Honorable mention: Mavs

Pretenders:

Bulls Hawks

Nuggets Thunder

latinofire21
01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Contenders

Celtics and Orlando

Lakers and Spurs

Pretenders

Heat and Bulls

Jazz and Mavericks

sunsfan88
Contenders:

Boston, Miami, Chiacago

Pretenders:

Atlanta, New York, Orlando

Contenders:

Spurs, Mavs, Utah

Pretenders:

Lakers, Thunder, Nuggets

tdunk21
wow everyone ignoring lakers..... i just wont count them out.....thats one experienced team with an experienced coach....they just have to figure their **** out...once they do that they are lethal.....

shep33
01-05-2011, 08:00 PM
People have to be careful counting out the Lakers especially when we haven't even played half of the regular season...

BkOriginalOne
01-05-2011, 08:08 PM
The Bulls can do it. All they are missing is a capable two way shooting guard who can be a threat form the outside. (And maybe a few more role players in the backcourt) But they can push the Heat, Magic, or Celtics to a limit in a second round matchups.
Don't call them pretenders, how about, championship hopefuls.

Tblaze
01-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Lakers aren't playing like themselves or even close to a championship level. They remind me of the 07 Heat after they won a title. No energy ot passion and sluggish most of the time. Unfortunately for them I don't see them competing this season for a title.

they had a similar slump last year at the same time... they will be fine in the playoffs...

Also, the fact caron butler is out doesn't change the chances of them being real contenders... I just think the shake-up they had isn't big enough to really change the way they aren't able to pull through in the playoffs even though they have great records every year.

Minimal
01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
nah..way the lakers or playin on dont see them more than a 4th seed...i think thunder will finally listen and get a big man before trade deadline...And I agree with the Heat selection...I see us winning 70 games this year
You are still in summer 2010?:facepalm:

Where do heat fans like that come up?

THINKBLUE15
01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
sigh

Contenders

Celtics and Bulls

Spurs and Jazz

Pretenders

Bucks and Knicks

Denver and NO
The Lakers are so irrelevant that they aren't a contender NOR a pretender?

SteBO
01-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Lmao at those who put mavs as contenders and leave out the Lakers. The Lakers are the best team in the NBA until knocked off in June. It's that simple guys.

Contenders

Celtics, Heat

Lakers, Spurs

Honorable mention: Bulls

Pretenders

Magic, Hawks

Thunder, Nuggets

sargon21
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM
The Bulls are 23-11, having Noah and Boozer playing together for a total 5 games, that says contender to me.

RZZZA
01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Thing you have to remember about the Bulls is that we ARE getting a starting SG upgrade in the near future, it's all but certain now.

evadatam5150
01-05-2011, 11:32 PM

What Big is available that will actually make a difference for this team..??

evadatam5150
01-05-2011, 11:36 PM
I'll say it again We are trying to make the playoffs. Make some noise and build to being contenders

What the Knicks should be building is some type of defense.. It's a fact that D'Antoni's run and gun can truly only go so far.. There has to be some substance and balance on both sides of the court.. I will say that they are truly more relevant this season though..