PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in LA: Artest, Jackson get in shouting match

tredigs
01-05-2011, 04:05 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/columnists/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20110105,0,4625582.column?track=rss

Artest's first major contribution of the 2010-11 season occurred Tuesday upon confirmation of a Yahoo report that he engaged Coach Phil Jackson in a shouting match at a recent practice, yelling at Jackson to stop embarrassing him in public.

Jackson admitted the report was true, Artest would not deny it, and the Lakers should be very worried about it.

First, it is becoming increasingly clear that Artest is not getting along with the coach whose patience and prodding last year brought out the best in the famously troubled star.

Second, it is also clear that Artest's strangely distant, almost disengaged play this season has alienated enough people in the organization that somebody in the gym that day would unconscionably rat him out to the Yahoo reporter.

Here's guessing the locker room will not be a fun place until Artest finds that source and confronts him. Here's guessing the Lakers will not win a third consecutive championship unless Artest then finds and recaptures last year's Artest.

Rest of the article via LA Times link.

Trade in the works for Artest?

DetroitRipCity
01-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Artest won his ring and then went to the club so I guess he is done with LA

asandhu23
its getting bad in LA..... real bad

SNYmets86
hmm not lookin good at all .

sp1derm00
01-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Either way, it was probably good for Artest and the team in general that it happened. Artest performed really well tonight and looked at least a little more engaged in the offense.

Draco
01-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Quit being an embarrassment, Ron. Quit screwing up games, Kobe.

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2011, 04:20 AM
doubt he gets traded...**** like this happens all the time. this time it's just getting exposed because it's the Lakers. Not that big of a deal.

xabial
01-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Lakers should just trade Ron for Trevor Ariza :laugh2:

kblo247
01-05-2011, 04:34 AM
“It was not a loud confrontation,” Jackson said. “It was a man-to-man confrontation. … It was direct, but it wasn’t loud.”

Whatever volume, the moment was eventually followed by an unsolicited apology to Jackson in front of the team. Artest said he was sorry for the confrontation because he didn’t want to be a “distraction,” Jackson said.

“Ron came in and apologized,” Jackson said, saying it was the sort of incident that happens at times.

“Those are things that happen in practice,” Jackson said.

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/01/04/artest-confronted-jackson-and-later-apologized/46102/

Ron knew he was in the wrong and let his emotions get the best of him, but his feelings were hut because he (and Pau who also was mention on FSN West as being upset with Phil) doesn't have the think skin to take the constant poking and prodding that Phil will give a Kobe or Bynum.

The man had bent over backward to rebuild his image and make up for his past so I get why he wouldn't want negative things said about him in the media. I also get that Phil does this and why he does this (Sacred Hoops) as he needs Ron (and Pau) to step it up and carry the load.

If getting mad, pissed off, frustrated, and so on leads to him playing better than score one for Phil. If it pushes Ron out the door, then he isn't the Tru Warier he was billed as and the program will keep on moving without him just like it did without Rice and Ariza before him.

kurivaimu
01-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Ron should shut up and stard producing. Against the grizzlies in 24 minutes he managed 0 points, 1 rebound and to assists. And the guy gets earns what, 6 mil?

Knicks21
01-05-2011, 07:18 AM
He's pushing a trade to the jets.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/34711/ron-artest-wants-to-play-te-for-the-jets

bholly
01-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Jackson said the incident was nothing out of the ordinary and questioned the origin of the news.

"It's nothing more than what could normally happen at a practice," Jackson said. "Obviously there's either a spy or a camera or a leak or something that went on in our practice, but those are things that happen in practice, and it's not the first time, and it's not going to be the last."

Jackson said the issue was put to rest.
Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5990213
Obviously he would say that, but I really don't think this is a big deal.

Ron should shut up and stard producing. Against the grizzlies in 24 minutes he managed 0 points, 1 rebound and to assists. And the guy gets earns what, 6 mil?

Yeah but in the playoffs and finals last year he was instrumental, including game winning shots. You can't define his value like that using one game.

Two-3
01-05-2011, 08:21 AM
They'll be fine, if Phil could handle Jordan and Kobes Egos and issues then I'm sure this thing with Artest will be fine and they'll both move on. No Biggie

203 Uconn LaL
01-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Cut out the over reactions its january. Better now then in april.

S-Dot
01-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Confrontation happens; that doesn't mean its time to panic. People argue, people forgive. This team is fine.

Weezy
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
You know the media is like women; Always dramatic over such a small situation.

dnewguy
01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
The Lakers are making me look like a genius. Well, I am a genius but I love how everything I predicted about the Lakers before the season is happening.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2011, 10:40 AM
He's pushing a trade to the jets.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/34711/ron-artest-wants-to-play-te-for-the-jets

rofl

mttwlsn16
01-05-2011, 10:58 AM

he had to assists? seriously ??? :facepalm:

dodie53
01-05-2011, 11:27 AM
i want a shouting match between kobe and ron

More-Than-Most
01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Its not a big deal. It happens all the time but because its the lakers it is put under a microscope. I personally think its a good thing... The Lakers have looked dead lately and a little bit of backbone might just be the thing that wakes up the sleeping giant.

mikantsass
01-05-2011, 11:56 AM
All of this laker stuff is blown wayyy out of proportion. Lakers will be fine

el_primo_nano
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
This is not good. Poor Phil, why the hell do dumbass incidents like this ruin a team. The leadership on that team need to step up and put people in their place if needed.