PDA

View Full Version : Woj (and others): Grizzlies' Mayo, Allen Fight on Plane

bholly
01-05-2011, 01:59 AM
After a card game gone awry, Memphis Grizzlies teammates O.J. Mayo(notes) and Tony Allen(notes) had to be separated during a physical encounter on the team’s charter flight Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Mayo owed Allen money from a card game, “Boo-Ray,” and sources said Mayo became increasingly belligerent and antagonistic toward Allen when asked to settle the debt. Sources said Allen walked away from Mayo to go the restroom and returned to find Mayo continuing to berate him. Eventually, Mayo inched close to Allen, and sources said Allen hit Mayo.

“Tony warned [Mayo] to watch his mouth, and [Mayo] wouldn’t do it and just kept going off on him,” a source with knowledge of the incident told Yahoo! Sports.

Several players eventually interceded between the teammates, sources said. Mayo and Allen were brought into meet with Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins on Monday, and sources said the organization believed Mayo played the bigger part in escalating the encounter.

Mayo missed a 110-105 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night with what team officials said was a case of bronchitis. Allen replaced Mayo in the lineup and scored 19 points, playing a key role in the Grizzlies’ victory. Sources said the two players talked on Monday and Tuesday and both expressed regret about the incident.

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace didn’t respond to a text message on Tuesday night.
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-allengrizzlies010411

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Grizzlies teammates O.J. Mayo and Tony Allen were involved in a fight with each other on the flight home from Los Angeles after Sunday night's win over the Lakers, three different sources have told CBSSports.com. Two of those sources said the altercation left Mayo with a noticeably "swollen" face.

Mayo did not play in Tuesday night's 110-105 win over Oklahoma City.

Grizzlies officials announced before tipoff that Mayo was not at FedExForum and that he would not participate in the game because of "bronchitis."

CBSSports.com's attempts to reach general manager Chris Wallace and media relations director Dustin Krugel for further comment late Tuesday were not immediately successful. It's unclear whether the Grizzlies reported the altercation to NBA security, which the league requires. CBSSports.com's attempts to reach NBA officials for comment late Tuesday were not immediately successful.

Mayo is a reserve guard averaging 13.2 points per game.

The former lottery pick reportedly has been a part of recent trade discussions.

Allen started Tuesday against Oklahoma City, played 32 minutes and scored 19 points in the victory. The 6-foot-4 guard entered averaging just 5.3 points in his first season with the Grizzlies. He played for the Celtics last season.

CBSSports.com senior writer Ken Berger contributed to this report.
Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14500965/sources-fight-with-grizz-mate-leaves-mayos-face-swollen

Another in-flight gambling debt incident. Surely this increases rumours of the Griz moving Mayo, right?

iFYouSeekAmy
01-05-2011, 02:01 AM
Lol.

210Don
01-05-2011, 02:01 AM
thanx for posting this i was waiting for someone too lol
man gambling debt? lol
and grizz gotta keep mayo

black1605
01-05-2011, 02:04 AM
At least he didn't pull a Gil!

Sadds The Gr8
01-05-2011, 02:04 AM
OJ Mayo definitely needs to get traded. His career and my fantasy team need it.

LTBaByyy
01-05-2011, 02:09 AM
How do reporters find that out?

goblazers7
01-05-2011, 02:10 AM
OJ mayo needs to go for a team that will start him. The griz gave up on him too fast.

D Roses Bulls
01-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Like ive said, I dont really want this guy on the Bulls

Draco
01-05-2011, 02:12 AM
might be that Mayo's attitude threatens to limit his potential a la jr smith.

Badluck33
01-05-2011, 02:14 AM

its hard to say "no" to that inexpensive contract and his offensive

xabial
01-05-2011, 02:17 AM
I wonder what his trade value is?

Maybe Taj, and a pick and id pull the trigger if i were memphis GM

Mayo needs his team to pull a Hedo on him. Dude needs a change, and fast.

kingbrentg
01-05-2011, 02:18 AM

I sure as hell do.

DFROZE#1
01-05-2011, 02:30 AM

I do not think this would fly on the Bulls. We have a mature team and strong leadership. I hope this makes the grizz want to move him fast and we can get him for Taj and a 1st round pick.

xabial
01-05-2011, 02:48 AM
I do not think this would fly on the Bulls. We have a mature team and strong leadership. I hope this makes the grizz want to move him fast and we can get him for Taj and a 1st round pick.

Fair Deal For both sides, I dont know why i Like Memphis side more.

B.JenningsMVP
01-05-2011, 02:52 AM
OJ to KNICKS or BULLS NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've always loved Mayo, I wanna see him succedd!!!!!!!
He's too talented

bringinwood
01-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Man... when an organization turns on you, it happens quick...

Just a few months ago, Mayo was a budding star in their organization...

Now, they make it a point to focus on him as being the " instigator " of altercations on the plane...

If Mayo was still in their good graces, Tony Allen would be suspended...

Draco
01-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Fair Deal For both sides, I dont know why i Like Memphis side more.

Taj for Mayo straight up imo. And even then the only reason I'd do it is feeling somewhat comfortable with Asik's development. Taj is a no risk player and Mayo has yet to (if he ever will) live up to his potential.

Mplsman
01-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Pay him the **** you owe him Tony!

Kobes a Killer
01-05-2011, 02:58 AM
Hey D Roses Bulls it doesn't make sense that your using this to make yourself look smart saying you knew he was trouble, bad news or whatever, he's the one who got punched in the face... Allen is the one you should worry about causing trouble, he had so much trouble containing his anger he hit a teammate. Regardless of what Mayo was saying there's no reason to hit a teammate. And how do you know Allen wasn't being a straight prick about the debt and he was instigating Mayo into a verbal response

Kobes a Killer
01-05-2011, 03:00 AM
You're a crappy bulls fan to not want Mayo on your team for getting hit is partially my point I guess. He could really help you guys

Draco
01-05-2011, 03:01 AM
You're a crappy bulls fan to not want Mayo on your team for getting hit is partially my point I guess. He could really help you guys

Or Mayo could be a pain in the *** who might not ever get it.

baghdadbob
01-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Can you imagine how many fight Michael Jordan would have with today's (soft-as-a-twinkie-filling) players?

Giraffes Rule
01-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Can the league make some kind of rule against gambling amongst players? Incidents like these need to be punished.

sargon21
01-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Wait, so Mayo owes Allen money, yet Mayo is berrating Allen and getting in his grill? That makes no sense.

sargon21
01-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Can the league make some kind of rule against gambling amongst players? Incidents like these need to be punished.

That will never happen.

baghdadbob
01-05-2011, 03:12 AM

I think guns at 10 paces makes sense.

Kobes a Killer
01-05-2011, 03:13 AM
No Draco I don't think he is that much of a pain in the ***, atleast he doesn't have drug dealers driving cars under his name like ZBO, and from what I know he hasn't had serious issues with any coaches. I'd bet anything if he got traded to a team that wants to start him and gives him a chance to start over he would blossom into a star, and the bulls would be lucky to have him

DFROZE#1
01-05-2011, 03:20 AM
[QUOTE=Draco;16175465]Taj for Mayo straight up imo. And even then the only reason I'd do it is feeling somewhat comfortable with Asik's development. Taj is a no risk player and Mayo has yet to (if he ever will) live up to his potential.[/QUO

No way the grizz trade mayo straight up for taj. It will take taj and a first and prob jj. I love taj, but the thought of having rose, mayo, deng, booze, and noah makes me forget about taj pretty quickly. That line up makes us title contenders right now and for a long time to come. Get it done GarPax!

Draco
01-05-2011, 03:26 AM
No Draco I don't think he is that much of a pain in the ***, atleast he doesn't have drug dealers driving cars under his name like ZBO, and from what I know he hasn't had serious issues with any coaches. I'd bet anything if he got traded to a team that wants to start him and gives him a chance to start over he would blossom into a star, and the bulls would be lucky to have him

I'm not interested in whether Mayo or ZBO's off court activities are the bigger cause for concern. I'm interested in whether the risk in acquiring a player who isn't playing well for whatever reason is worth spending assets the Bulls can't afford to squander.

Draco
01-05-2011, 03:31 AM
No way the grizz trade mayo straight up for taj. It will take taj and a first and prob jj. I love taj, but the thought of having rose, mayo, deng, booze, and noah makes me forget about taj pretty quickly. That line up makes us title contenders right now and for a long time to come. Get it done GarPax!

I'm not sold on the change of scenery theory to the point where I'd be willing to spend those kind of assets.

sunnydayin'zona
01-05-2011, 04:04 AM
At least he didn't pull a Gil!

Gil, *gun?

xabial
01-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Taj for Mayo straight up imo. And even then the only reason I'd do it is feeling somewhat comfortable with Asik's development. Taj is a no risk player and Mayo has yet to (if he ever will) live up to his potential.

Hence the reason bulls are trading for him. Its out of desperation for a SG, and an attempt to make this kid what everyone projected him to be on draft day. Im using the Hedo analogy. I think mayo would be perfect for the Bulls better PG, Better Coach, Better Team. he could Fit in but theres a small chance it could be a disaster. Offer a protected 1st rounder with taj, what have you got to lose? If the picks protected, and you suck you keep the pick. Mayo could be your answer.

lilojmayo
01-05-2011, 04:17 AM
OJ to KNICKS or BULLS NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've always loved Mayo, I wanna see him succedd!!!!!!!
He's too talented

deadline there is no rush now. Bulls, Knicks, even the Grizzlies are playing great ball of late. Grizzlies look like they should be the front runners to get that 7th or 8th seed if they keep the way they have been playing and Mayo keeps producing off the bench

However I'd be lying if I would say that I wouldn't want to see a Derrick Rose-OJ Mayo all around dynamic backcourt as soon as possible

lilojmayo
01-05-2011, 04:31 AM
Man... when an organization turns on you, it happens quick...

Just a few months ago, Mayo was a budding star in their organization...

Now, they make it a point to focus on him as being the " instigator " of altercations on the plane...

If Mayo was still in their good graces, Tony Allen would be suspended...

Again to me in solely had to do with the free agency overpaying. Paying Rudy Gay 6 year 82 million dollar almost a max extension. Basically saying your the face of the franchise for the next 6 years.

Before that contract, it was a struggle between Mayo and Gay since the first day Mayo arrived on who is the franchise player, and better player between the two. Majority of the Grizzlies fans though Mayo was, he was more dynamic, however management had more faith in Rudy being more loyal to them with Mayo's past of liking big markets. They choose to go the safer Rudy Gay route.

Then to stop it all off they decided that instead of trying to develop OJ into a point guard like they were debating on doing. They overpay an average point guard in Mike Conley a 5 year 45 million dollar deal. That was the icing on the cake. They decided to move in a Conley-Gay and possibly Z-bo and Gasol route. OJ was the guy left out, just because he came into the NBA a little bit later so his contract on the rookie salary is 2 season more.

They have quickly demoted OJ, into a reverse 6th man role. While drafting another SG( Henry) and signing another ( Tony Allen).

It is clear that OJ's days are number. The question is not if he will be traded, but when and to what team. Again fingers have been crossed to Chicago or New York, maybe even that Cavs would be nice also since they are such in a hole and need direction.

DFROZE#1
01-05-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm not sold on the change of scenery theory to the point where I'd be willing to spend those kind of assets.

What assets? Taj is the only proven asset you speak of and we need an sg more than we need taj. If we thorw in our 2011 pick it is sure to be in the early to mid 20's and many of those picks do not pan out. And j.j does not even play so we might as well trade him. And he his way better than our current sg bogans who has 0 impact on this team. Mayo has a career average of 17 pg, 44% fg, and 38% 3pt. it would take three Bogans to match those numbers. Plus the fact that mayo is still on his rookie contract. The addition of mayo would give the Bulls if not the most complete roster in the league atleast top 3.

Draco
01-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Again to me in solely had to do with the free agency overpaying. Paying Rudy Gay 6 year 82 million dollar almost a max extension. Basically saying your the face of the franchise for the next 6 years.

Then why did they draft Mayo?

Draco
01-05-2011, 04:50 AM
What assets? Taj is the only proven asset you speak of and we need an sg more than we need taj. If we thorw in our 2011 pick it is sure to be in the early to mid 20's and many of those picks do not pan out. And j.j does not even play so we might as well trade him. And he his way better than our current sg bogans who has 0 impact on this team. Mayo has a career average of 17 pg, 44% fg, and 38% 3pt. it would take three Bogans to match those numbers. Plus the fact that mayo is still on his rookie contract. The addition of mayo would give the Bulls if not the most complete roster in the league atleast top 3.

Brewer plays more minutes than Bogans and Brewer has a higher career PER than Mayo. I'm just not sold.

barreleffact
01-05-2011, 05:10 AM

most complete starting line doesnt always mean best. and as far as top 5's go that is debateable. celtics lead, then most likely miami, then the spurs, lakers, and bulls all fight but to say at least top 3...thats poor logic. besides, mayo is just a chucker anyway

DFROZE#1
01-05-2011, 05:29 AM
most complete starting line doesnt always mean best. and as far as top 5's go that is debateable. celtics lead, then most likely miami, then the spurs, lakers, and bulls all fight but to say at least top 3...thats poor logic. besides, mayo is just a chucker anyway

I said complete right? I did not say best.

here are the starting line lineups of the teams you mentioned.

Heat- pg Arroyo, sg, wade, sf, lebron, pf, bosh, c big z

spurs pg parker, sg manu, sf jefferson, pf blair, c duncan

Lakers, pg fisher, sg, kobe, sf artest, pf gasol, c bynum

celtics, pg rondo, sg allen, sf pierce, pf big baby, c shaq

if the bulls got mayo- pg, rose, sg, mayo, sf deng, pf, boozer, c noah

the only argument for more complete from top to bottom is the spurs and the celtics. So that would put the bulls top 3. again I did not say best I said complete. You can not have big z as your c and arroyo as your pg and say you have a complete lineup.

DFROZE#1
01-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Brewer plays more minutes than Bogans and Brewer has a higher career PER than Mayo. I'm just not sold.

Brewer has been shoting better but he can not spread the floor or create for himself as well as mayo. I like brewer and think he is a great guy coming off the bench, but I think having a scoring sg puts us right up there with the best teams in the east. Teams play off bogans and brewer and that hurts rose. Having mayo would stop teams from ignoring our sg position.

Draco
01-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Brewer has been shoting better but he can not spread the floor or create for himself as well as mayo. I like brewer and think he is a great guy coming off the bench, but I think having a scoring sg puts us right up there with the best teams in the east. Teams play off bogans and brewer and that hurts rose. Having mayo would stop teams from ignoring our sg position.

the bulls were, for the longest time, deep at the guard position and in need of front court help. i dont see the point in swinging the pendulum back in the guard direction for a player who isn't playing that well. if we were able to sign Reddick in the off season we wouldn't be talking about this. I'd rather either hope a better opportunity comes along or trade for Mayo at a better price than multiple assets and a PF who I think is just as valuable as Mayo has proven himself to be.

barreleffact
01-05-2011, 06:49 AM
I said complete right? I did not say best.

here are the starting line lineups of the teams you mentioned.

Heat- pg Arroyo, sg, wade, sf, lebron, pf, bosh, c big z

spurs pg parker, sg manu, sf jefferson, pf blair, c duncan

Lakers, pg fisher, sg, kobe, sf artest, pf gasol, c bynum

celtics, pg rondo, sg allen, sf pierce, pf big baby, c shaq

if the bulls got mayo- pg, rose, sg, mayo, sf deng, pf, boozer, c noah

the only argument for more complete from top to bottom is the spurs and the celtics. So that would put the bulls top 3. again I did not say best I said complete. You can not have big z as your c and arroyo as your pg and say you have a complete lineup.

i understand that. im just saying who cares about being complete if an incomplete roster would beat yours? thatsexactly the same as saying the most balanced roster, but if an imbalanced roster(miami) would be better than who cares? right now chi town is good IMO and best served keeping taj. he at least is proven where as mayo has done nothing. his best season was his rookie season and since then hes done nothing but regress

S-Dot
01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Its time to do Mayo a favor and get him out of Memphis. Not a good situation for him any longer.

Niro
01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
After a card game gone awry, Memphis Grizzlies teammates O.J. Mayo(notes) and Tony Allen(notes) had to be separated during a physical encounter on the team’s charter flight Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Mayo owed Allen money from a card game, “Boo-Ray” and sources said Mayo became increasingly belligerent and antagonistic toward Allen when asked to settle the debt. Sources said Allen walked away from Mayo to go the restroom and returned to find Mayo continuing to berate him. Eventually, Mayo inched close to Allen, and sources said Allen hit Mayo.
More From Adrian Wojnarowski

“Tony warned [Mayo] to watch his mouth, and [Mayo] wouldn’t do it and just kept going off on him,” a source with knowledge of the incident told Yahoo! Sports.

Several players eventually separated the teammates, sources said. Mayo and Allen were brought into meet with Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins on Monday, and sources said the organization believed Mayo played the bigger part in escalating the encounter.

Mayo missed a 110-105 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night. Despite the team’s insistence that Mayo missed Tuesday’s game with bronchitis, sources said his absence was connected to the fight with Allen.

Allen replaced Mayo in the lineup and scored 19 points, playing a key role in the Grizzlies’ victory. Sources said the two players talked on Monday and Tuesday and both expressed regret about the incident.

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace didn’t respond to a text message from Yahoo! Sports Tuesday night, but the team later released a statement, acknowledging a “brief altercation” between the two players.

“The club considers the matter closed and will not comment further,” Wallace said in the statement.

Allen told one associate that the money owed to him was “short money,” and another source said Mayo owed him “a few grand.”

“Boo-Ray” is the same card game Gilbert Arenas(notes) and Javaris Crittenton(notes) were playing on the Washington Wizards’ charter flight last season that ultimately led to the confrontation in which Arenas brought guns into the team’s locker room. After the incident, several teams moved to curtail gambling on team flights.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkpO2qc_2eTU6pNzmEO6fuE5nYcB?slug=aw-allengrizzlies010411

wow

same card game that led to arenas gun incident too

kurivaimu
01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
No guns on the plane? ****.

But seriously, i think this is the end of Mayo as a Grizzlie.

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fkftjr

Grizzles get to save money with the insurance paying for Keleena and they can replace Zbo with a younger more athletic PF

yankkiller
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
hmmm maybe the celtics can be players for him

Sixerlover
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
In before the embarrassing trade proposals with Mayo involved.

black1605
01-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Too late.

Rivera
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
i bet tony allen pieced up OJ....i know none of these nba players would beat me in boo-ray.....cause im a beast

mayo will be gone soon

beasted86
01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
WTF is Boo-Ray?

black1605
01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
WTF is Boo-Ray?

Some card game I haven't heard of.

Young and Stupid

Grizzles get to save money with the insurance paying for Keleena and they can replace Zbo with a younger more athletic PF

I gotta be honest, that's a pretty intriguing proposal.

Rockets 2012 First Rounder and Nets 2011 Second Rounder...

Il Mago 7
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29qgkou

It would help the raptors alot with our wing position

Weezy
01-05-2011, 12:42 PM

I'd tap that trade.

beasted86
Some card game I haven't heard of.

Me neither.

This is all I can find on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourre

cutiepie80
Bulls need to strike while the iron is hot. Mayo's value won't ever be this low. Bulls need a good shooting guard and Mayo needs a new team to start over with and get some good playing time. Let's get it done!!!

The Ooh Child
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Only degenerates try to skip out on Boo Ray debts. Pretty funny Allen duffed him though

Khalifa21
01-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Throw in a second from the Knicks and a first from the Grizz and I would cry with happiness. Flip the Grizzlies' first with Gallo and Curry's expiring for Melo.

PG: Raymond Felton/Toney Douglas
SG: OJ Mayo/Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Wilson Chandler
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/Shawne Williams
C: Ronny Turiaf/Timofey Mozgov

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Throw in a second from the Knicks and a first from the Grizz and I would cry with happiness. Flip the Grizzlies' first with Gallo and Curry's expiring for Melo.

PG: Raymond Felton/Toney Douglas
SG: OJ Mayo/Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Wilson Chandler
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/Shawne Williams
C: Ronny Turiaf/Timofey Mozgov

Probably might Start Chandler at the PF and Amare play center. That's a deadly starting 5

Rego247
01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Probably might Start Chandler at the PF and Amare play center. That's a deadly starting 5

thats great lineup, only one thing.

fields should start, fields>mayo

that kid can ball. mayo would be great coming off the bench.

da wood
01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
mayo can play the point right......with that being said lakers do ya thang he dont even have to run the team just shoot and play D

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
thats great lineup, only one thing.

fields should start, fields>mayo

that kid can ball. mayo would be great coming off the bench.

Either way we would have more Bench production. Not sure if mayo can play PG But TD has been playing a little better

Corey
01-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Merged two threads.

Khalifa21
01-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I would love Mayo in New York... As long as it was part of a deal that also bought Melo here.

Melo, for me, should be #1 priority. I wouldn't want to get Mayo as a consolation. Both of them would be a dream.

Corey
01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I would love Mayo in New York... As long as it was part of a deal that also bought Melo here.

Melo, for me, should be #1 priority. I wouldn't want to get Mayo as a consolation. Both of them would be a dream.

Definitely a pipe dream.

I don't see how you would ever be able to get both short of skewering all draft picks, and trading away Fields, Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Randolph...

Weezy
01-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Definitely a pipe dream.

I don't see how you would ever be able to get both short of skewering all draft picks, and trading away Fields, Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Randolph...

like your boy Kevin Garnett...... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLE

Khalifa21
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Definitely a pipe dream.

I don't see how a Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike and a 2nd rounder for Mayo and a first is too out of the question.

A first, Gallo and Curry's expiring for Melo seems like one of the only legit offers as well at the moment.

Of course it's a pipe dream and as I said Melo is #1 priority, but I don't think it's too farfetched.

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't see how a Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike and a 2nd rounder for Mayo and a first is too out of the question.

A first, Gallo and Curry's expiring for Melo seems like one of the only legit offers as well at the moment.

Of course it's a pipe dream and as I said Melo is #1 priority, but I don't think it's too farfetched.

Not sure if Grizzles would give us a first unless We replace AR with Chandler

blahblahyoutoo
01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
am i the only one that had to go look up what boo-ray was?

beasted86
01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Why would the Grizz include a 1st? or want that trade for that matter.

Azibuke is an expirer and may walk at season's end. They do already have to consider re-signing Gasol and Randolph already, why would they want Azibuke who is not under long term contract anyway? Mayo has another year left on his rookie deal as well.

Wilson Chandler doesn't help the trade either, because it's the same story. He's an expirer. Grizzlies have enough key rotation players they are already worrying about re-signing. Gasol, Randolph, and Chandler would put them into the luxury tax.

PC
01-05-2011, 02:13 PM

I don't know how likely this is, Anthony Randolph's value is shot, I find it very unlikely that he could be the centerpiece to a Mayo deal unless Mike takes him out of the doghouse and he starts to produce.

As for getting Mayo, to be honest I wouldn't be opposed to getting a center like Kaman or Okafor plus Mayo. Honestly that fits more needs for us then Melo does

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 02:13 PM

Azibuke is an expirer and may walk at season's end. They do already have to consider re-signing Gasol and Randolph already, why would they want Azibuke who is not under long term contract anyway? Mayo has another year left on his rookie deal as well.

Wilson Chandler doesn't help the trade either, because it's the same story. He's an expirer. Grizzlies have enough key rotation players they are already worrying about re-signing. Gasol, Randolph, and Chandler would put them into the luxury tax.

Insurance Will pay for Kaleena Salary which saves Memphis money. And Anthony Randolph Is a cheap young PF that can replace ZBO who's going to demand a **** load of money this summer.

SteBO
01-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Can Memphis afford to extend both Gasol and Randolph? They already owe Rudy Gay and Mike Conley a bunch of money, so is that possible? They've already said that they aren't interested in trading Mayo.

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't know how likely this is, Anthony Randolph's value is shot, I find it very unlikely that he could be the centerpiece to a Mayo deal unless Mike takes him out of the doghouse and he starts to produce.

As for getting Mayo, to be honest I wouldn't be opposed to getting a center like Kaman or Okafor plus Mayo. Honestly that fits more needs for us then Melo does

I Agree Mayo and probably a reliable center and signing Chandler for a reasonable price is probably the best move for NY.

The media won't accept this and will Bash NYK organization if We don't get melo

Super.
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Whoop his *** Tony!

hgtiger32
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
@sportsguy33
Bill Simmons

Tony Allen + OJ Mayo: the latest example of my "all NBA feuds happen because of women or cards" corollary. It's foolproof!
12 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

thekmp211
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
man. grizzlies are going to have an impossible time getting fair value for this guy. im not a huge mayo fan, but if you can get him for an expiring? hell yeah.

DFROZE#1
01-06-2011, 02:04 AM
i understand that. im just saying who cares about being complete if an incomplete roster would beat yours? thatsexactly the same as saying the most balanced roster, but if an imbalanced roster(miami) would be better than who cares? right now chi town is good IMO and best served keeping taj. he at least is proven where as mayo has done nothing. his best season was his rookie season and since then hes done nothing but regress

If you really think that Taj is more proven than Mayo you must not watch a lot of basketball. But other then that We have booze and noah starting and Taj is a back up(a good back up). On the other hand we have bogans as our starting sg prob the worst starting sg in the league. We have the turkish titan and the ageless wonder kurt thomas to back up booze and noah, so while losing taj would suck we are improving our team. And having a complete team is important not everyone can have lebron, wade, bosh or kobe, gasol, bynum. The best way to combat those teams are by having a complete team and having better players at positions where those teams are weak.