PDA

View Full Version : Knicks are for real(period)

Kashmir13579
01-04-2011, 11:35 PM
OK. so everyone in here realizes the Knicks have been getting wins. While its been good for New Yorkers, around the league and in the forums there has been a lot of doubt in the Knick's recent success; chalking it up to their teddy bear SOS.

It is true that the Knicks have played many weak teams, lets look at their games against the good opponents.

(1) They've beaten the Bulls twice. The Bulls were a man down both times but neither game was even competitive in the second half. Knicks won both games decisively.

(2) They've lost to the Celtics twice for a combined total of 6 points.

(3) They've split their games with Denver. the game they lost was by 2.

(4) Beat the Hornets.

(5) Knicks got crushed by Miami in their first meeting (what team isn't getting crushed by Maimi) In their second meeting they kept it close; but in the end, the Heat are too much for most teams.

(6) They beat a healthy OKC Thunder. (a team many think is elite out west)

(7) TONIGHT, the Knicks absolutely dismantled the best team in the NBA. The Spurs were coming off a blowout against OKC and were completely healthy. no excuses here. Knicks were getting whatever shot they wanted against them. Popovich was so frustrated he emptied his bench down 10 with 3:00 to go (a lifetime in T-mac years)

Knicks are a LEGITIMATE playoff team; not the eastern conference bottom feeder that so many make them out to be despite their recent success.

True Blue
01-04-2011, 11:36 PM
like.

effen5
knicks forum?

210Don
if "for real" u mean win a championship? of course they are not

B-Ray
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm happy that you're happy that the Knicks are good.

asandhu23
01-04-2011, 11:38 PM
meh

beasted86
01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
As for real as the Hawks (AKA a few pieces away from being a real threat).

Knicks have a solid team, but they aren't scaring anyone in a 7 game series.

iggypop123
01-04-2011, 11:40 PM
if "for real" u mean win a championship? of course they are not

contenders. sort of like a dallas or utah of the last few yrs. meaning close but can make noise. even if they dont get carmelo they can probably get varejo boobie gibson. should help them alot. they basically play 7 guys to death and manage to win.

Hustla23
01-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Tell 'em, homie!

The Knicks are coming after your children.

Kashmir13579
01-04-2011, 11:41 PM
as for real as the hawks (aka a few pieces away from being a real threat).

Knicks have a solid team, but they aren't scaring anyone in a 7 game series.

i agree with the first part.

210Don
contenders. sort of like a dallas or utah of the last few yrs. meaning close but can make noise. even if they dont get carmelo they can probably get varejo boobie gibson. should help them alot. they basically play 7 guys to death and manage to win.

i will say this.
A MIKE DANTONI COACHED TEAM WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.

SteBO
The Knicks are a good team. All tonight really proved to me was that they can compete with any team in the league. It was a great win for da knicks and its something I hope they can build off of.

John Walls Era
01-04-2011, 11:42 PM
So I counted 4 legit wins [against the upper echelon] in your list.

Kashmir13579
01-04-2011, 11:44 PM

if ignorance suites you, i'm not one to argue.

iggypop123
01-04-2011, 11:45 PM
i will say this.

there really isnt anything wrong with him. one of the reasons they never won it in phoenix was some the way they were screwed against the spurs but more importantly ownership was cheap. they gave away so many draft pics. imagine that team if they had kept rondo and deng and rudy fernandez. some of the players they gave away.

beasted86
01-04-2011, 11:45 PM
i agree with the first part.

You should agree with the second part as well.

Teams that don't play defense don't scare anyone in the playoffs. That's really their major knock.

I'm not trying to hate or anything, but seriously I'm sure some Knicks fans will agree with I'm about to ask... but does D'Anthoni have any sort of defensive IQ telling his players to switch on every pick and roll? Guy is a moron when it comes to defense.

FittyFieFo
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Why does it always feel like there's a new thread post every time the Knicks win?

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Good story bro. I do not know what your definition of for real is, but they are not title contenders

njnets
01-04-2011, 11:47 PM
i wouldnt say for real, but they are drastically improved and will continue in the next few years.

like some said, they need to finish the puzzle and find some other pieces to fit in. playing 7 guys for 40 minutes a game cant win a championship, idc what anyone says. if you look at the past winners and contenders like the celtics, lakers, spurs, mavs, magic, etc., they all have pretty good depth for the most part and that helps separate them in the playoffs.

also, i want to see more consistency. 20-14, much better than previous years, but again, like i said, they need to continue winning and separate themselves from the pack.

and also, im doing this as a neutral fan. as a net fan, i obviously am not a huge knicks fan, but i am not being homer in this post either. knicks are improving every game and are showing signs that they can become pretty good. gotta give props when they are due, whether or not it makes you happy sometimes.

metsfanssince05
Yes were playing some great ball, after this win I feel like we can beat any one.... But. the Heat.

Draco
is this like one of those 'limited time only offers'?

yshNYK
01-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Okay so let's clear things up

the knicks are legit as in they are back on the map of NBA significance. We are playing good and fun basketball. And of course most importantly we are winning again.

However, as the haters will point out (and I will agree) we are not an elite team yet. As in Miami, Boston, Orlando and them are a level above New York.

Like Amar'e said, the Knicks are back.....BUT there's still a lot of room for improvement

knicks4life33
01-04-2011, 11:49 PM
i believe in the east we are a team nobody wants to play in the 1st round and outside of boston and miami i think we can beat any other team .

xabial
01-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Why does it always feel like there's a new thread post every time the Knicks win?

Why do i feel like its mostly the bulls fans that dislike the knicks?

Draco
01-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Jefferson raised an interesting question.. what does 'the knicks are back' even mean?

ATX
01-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Knicks are good, but not great. 5th seed in the east is their ceiling this year. They proved they can compete with any team on any given night, but compete this year with this team for a title I think not. If they can add Melo, then that changes things, but I have my doubts the Nuggs move him. Props to NY on the victory over SA though.

The Dream
Jefferson raised an interesting question.. what does 'the knicks are back' even mean?

RJ hates NY

FittyFieFo
WHy do i feel like its mostly the bulls fans that dislike the knicks?

I don't not like the Knicks. I've been wanting them to get better since the Jordan days. I just hate it when there's a post about them every game they win. I'm glad you're team is doing well.

HT9Canada
i dont think its about who you beat. the raps beat alot of the top teams. okc, dal, bos but what makes a great team is winning those games and beating the bad teams. nyk arent doing anything to get crazy about. they make playoffs but right now they havent done anything to put them into finals consideration

cargobox
01-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Blake Griffin > Landry Fields
kthanksbye

Chacarron
01-04-2011, 11:53 PM
They are better than previous years. Nothing close to championship level yet.

OldSchool
01-04-2011, 11:54 PM

He just witnessed what "The Knicks are back" means! Wilson Chandler just pooped on him.

NYsFinest
01-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Unnecessary thread... I will say this though, it is true the Knicks are not championship contenders... but people seem to forget that they will be almost a max contract under the cap this offseason.

AddiX

It's not like we go any easier on the Bulls fans though.

And I agree with what a lot of people say about our defense, but if you watched any of the Knicks games, In the 4th quarter, we play D.

We can't beat the heat in a 7 game, we know that. Celtics probably not either, but as those legs wear down as the season goes on, It's looking more and more possible.

Draco
He just witnessed what "The Knicks are back" means! Wilson Chandler just pooped on him.

lol good point.

Hustla23
It means when they stomp the Bulls twice and when Wilson Chandler ***** all over his face.

Weezy
01-04-2011, 11:56 PM

LMAO i think I will raise you two poops for that pooping.

Alright seriously people.. we are an improving team. We have so much more improving to do. Right now I think we can really compete with any team and thats a good thing for all Knick fans to know before the tough schedule coming up.

Sox72
01-04-2011, 11:56 PM
It means when they stomp the Bulls twice and when Wilson Chandler ***** all over his face.

Huh?

Draco
01-04-2011, 11:58 PM

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Gators123
Not sure if this has been posted.....

@ScottStanchak Pops on the Knicks: "They're a very good basketball team; they're not a dangerous team."

NYsFinest
kthanksbye

Lol...

Except Landry Fields earns 473k a year.

Chronz
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Not sold on them yet

D Roses Bulls
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM

Do you not remember the 90's??? the real bulls fans don't forget

bholly
01-05-2011, 12:01 AM
(1) They've beaten the Bulls twice. The Bulls were a man down both times but neither game was even competitive in the second half. Knicks won both games decisively.

(2) They've lost to the Celtics twice for a combined total of 5 points.

(3) They won in Denver.

(4) Beat the Hornets.

(5) Lost twice to Miami, by less combined margin than the Knicks.

(6) They beat a healthy OKC Thunder. (a team many think is elite out west)

(7) TONIGHT, the Knicks absolutely dismantled the best team in the NBA.

Knicks are a LEGITIMATE playoff team; not the eastern conference bottom feeder that so many make them out to be despite their recent success.

For what it's worth, Philly have done the bolded (in the case of 2,3,5 did them better than NYK) and we think we're years away from being a contender, so it's hardly conclusive evidence.

I think the Knicks are a decent team, definitely a playoff team, but I don't consider them a contender in the East yet. I'd say the standings of the top 6 are pretty accurate to their rankings/chances right now.

In almost no scenario does creampuff schedule + still only the 6th seed mean you can argue about not getting enough respect. The Spurs might have had an argument, but not the Knicks.

Oh, and by the way, contenders have wins and losses. They don't have moral victories like 'we kept close to Miami!' or 'lost to Boston by only 6!'. You can't argue that you're a legit contender and use losses to the other contenders as evidence.

xabial
01-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Your landry posts, today.

kthanksbye

Landry Fields is the greatest player, what are you guys talking about him being a bust?

(In a thread about who can stop the Celtics Big Men)
Landry Fields with 7 rebounds per game

stop hating on fieldsss lol

Weezy
01-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Do you not remember the 90's??? the real bulls fans don't forget

Yea how could anyone forget. Man.. those were the times........

nystandup
01-05-2011, 12:03 AM

I watched the interview, he explained himself, he meant it in a good way. A dangerous team is a team that isnt consistent and can catch fire at any time.

ManRam
01-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Good to know. Won't care until the playoffs come along...

Slimsim
01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
LEts just say no elite team would want to play us in the first round if we make it

NYsFinest
01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
For what it's worth, Philly have done the bolded (in the case of 2,3,5 did them better than NYK) and we think we're years away from being a contender, so it's hardly conclusive evidence.

I think the Knicks are a decent team, definitely a playoff team, but I don't consider them a contender in the East yet. I'd say the standings of the top 6 are pretty accurate to their rankings/chances right now.

In almost no scenario does creampuff schedule + still only the 6th seed mean you can argue about not getting enough respect. The Spurs might have had an argument, but not the Knicks.

Oh, and by the way, contenders have wins and losses. They don't have moral victories like 'we kept close to Miami!' or 'lost to Boston by only 6!'. You can't argue that you're a legit contender and use losses to the other contenders as evidence.

Difference is the Knicks have been winning, but the knock on them was they beat on weak teams. This just shows that they at least sort of hold their own against the good ones as well.

bholly
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Unnecessary thread... I will say this though, it is true the Knicks are not championship contenders... but people seem to forget that they will be almost a max contract under the cap this offseason.

There should be a pretty big if in there. There's no telling right now what the contract/cap situation will be like with the new CBA.

AI4MVP
01-05-2011, 12:09 AM
the knicks ARE ferreal. GO NY GO NY GO

D-Leethal
01-05-2011, 12:09 AM

Watch the interview, he meant that as a compliment and even reiterated what he meant........he said they are a very good team as in they play very well consistently, they are not a dangerous team as in a team that sneaks up on you out of nowhere and steals a W

NYsFinest
01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
There should be a pretty big if in there. There's no telling right now what the contract/cap situation will be like with the new CBA.

New CBA with lower cap = contracts becoming smaller. Regardless of what the new CBA is the Knicks have a decent chunk of change to play with in the summer.

BrooklynVikings
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
the knicks are swishin and dishin!!! the garden was rocking tonight l!

Draco
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Watch the interview, he meant that as a compliment and even reiterated what he meant........he said they are a very good team as in they play very well consistently, they are not a dangerous team as in a team that sneaks up on you out of nowhere and steals a W

or in other words one that plays defense well enough to do something like that.

Badluck33
01-05-2011, 12:12 AM
lol.

Heat are for real.
Celtics are for real.
Spurs are for real.
Magic are for real.
Bulls are for real.
Lakers are for real.

PERIOD.

/thread

beasted86
01-05-2011, 12:13 AM
LEts just say no elite team would want to play us in the first round if we make it

Um... let's not say.

I think the Heat would love to face the Knicks in a first round series.

omdigga
01-05-2011, 12:14 AM
its nice to be competitive again...

we have a legit go to guy..

we have a pg..

we finally got lucky in the draft and found one of the best glue guys in the game in the second rnd..

things are looking good for the knicks.. and it been a while since we could say that with a straight face in ny...

xabial
lol.

Heat are for real.
Celtics are for real.
Spurs are for real.
Magic are for real.
Bulls are for real.
Lakers are for real.

PERIOD.

/thread

im not saying i disagree but Homerism at its finest. Knicks can take the bulls in a seven game series, we beat you guys twice this year, injuries or no injuries a win is a win.

210Don
Um... let's not say.

I think the Heat would love to face the Knicks in a first round series.

lol knicks fans:facepalm:
knicks can win a game or two but not a series

Sox72
01-05-2011, 12:15 AM
lol.

Heat are for real.
Celtics are for real.
Spurs are for real.
Magic are for real.
Bulls are for real.
Lakers are for real.

PERIOD.

/thread

Mavericks?

RZZZA
our pizza is still better than your pizza.

and in the end, isn't that what really matters?

hotpotato1092
Will the Knicks win the title this year? No, but they are the one non elite team that NOBODY wants to play because NO lead is safe against them. You have to play 48 full minutes to beat them every time, and they're capable of beating anyone when they're shooting. If you asked Miami or Boston who'd they'd wanna play between the Knicks and like Orlando they'd pick Orlando even though the Magic are better, nobody wants to play a team like this.

NYsFinest
or in other words one that plays defense well enough to do something like that.

Knicks get stops when they need to... as evidenced by the 12 point 4th quarter the Bulls had last time they played.

D Roses Bulls
our pizza is still better than your pizza.

and in the end, isn't that what really matters?

Don't forget about our hot dogs as well :)

Hustla23
01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
lol.

Heat are for real.
Celtics are for real.
Spurs are for real.
Magic are for real.
Bulls are for real.
Lakers are for real.

PERIOD.

/thread
LOLBulls.

blahblahyoutoo
01-05-2011, 12:18 AM
sigh... how did i know a thread would be started after a knicks win over the spurs...

Draco
01-05-2011, 12:19 AM
im not saying i disagree but Homerism at its finest. Knicks can take the bulls in a seven game series, we beat you guys twice this year, injuries or no injuries a win is a win.

hard to take that speculation seriously for a D'Antoni/Amare team that isn't even as good as their Suns incarnation.

D-Leethal
01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
I love how all the Bulls fans are talking about our defense when we held them to 12 in the 4th, in my eyes Bulls offense is just as bad if not worse than our D and we have shown to get stops when we need to down the stretch when we need to secure W's, something I am pretty sure we did to you guys twice already........

thebet
Okay, they're a legitimate playoff team, sure. But don't chalk them up to be an unstoppable, Keanu Reeves - like force based solely on a few outlier wins. Most notably (and obviously your proudest) the two fluke wins against a Chicago team with either Boozer or Noah out. (PERIOD)

effen5
LOLBulls.

Bulls won 14 out of their last 16

Bulls played first part of the season without Boozer
Bulls played the month without Noah
Boozer played with Noah for like a week

D-Leethal
01-05-2011, 12:22 AM
hard to take that speculation seriously for a D'Antoni/Amare team that isn't even as good as their Suns incarnation.

Considering the Bulls are nowhere near as good as the teams D'Antoni and Amare lost to during their playoff runs I think its rather easily to take seriously

blahblahyoutoo
01-05-2011, 12:22 AM
^ lol, can a mod look up his IP address and ban his regular account?

210Don
01-05-2011, 12:23 AM
lmao at that dude..... his only post

faze38
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Some of you Chicago fans are making this personal now I mean say what u want about our young and improving team that is a Center or a Melo away from being able to beat just about anybody Miami included but don't bring our damn pizza into the the mix. NY pizza is the best on the planet hands down.

UnWantedTheory
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
They just whooped up on my Spurs, but they are far from being a legit contender. They will make the PO's, which is great for a struggling franchise, but they will ultimately see a first round exit. Just MO.

Draco
01-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Considering the Bulls are nowhere near as good as the teams D'Antoni and Amare lost to during their playoff runs I think its rather easily to take seriously

The hard part for Knicks fans to swallow is that their team never will be as good as the Suns. In the best case scenario if the Knicks were to get Melo they'd be a very exciting team to watch and one that would still lose to the Heat every single year.

xxplayerxx23
I knew there would be so much hate. It was a great victory. Now We will not win the championship this year with our current roster. Miami, bosotn , orlando can beat us. Now if we get melo its obv a different story. But as of right now we are not elite. we showed we can beat the best of them. I think after the trade Deadline we should know what we can and cannot do. I think bulls are a good team to, Once they healthy they will be more competitve with the knicks in the games. My point is Knicks are good but still cannot beat miami boston and orlando in a 7 game series. Great win though

HoopsDrive
Knicks are a playoff team, don't think anyone doubts that. Contenders for the title? Nah. I'd say they're in the same level as the Hawks right now.

RZZZA
I love how all the Bulls fans are talking about our defense when we held them to 12 in the 4th, in my eyes Bulls offense is just as bad if not worse than our D and we have shown to get stops when we need to down the stretch when we need to secure W's, something I am pretty sure we did to you guys twice already........

see, I knew it was imperative to win at least one of those games. Now Knicks fans are gonna hold their two wins over us for like 10 years. They'll never let it go. Never.

Look, I'm glad the Knicks team is starting to look good now. I'm glad you're winning. Don't let your success go to your head however, it's better to be low-key and humble while you succeed. like the Spurs fans.

NYKnicks4511
01-05-2011, 12:26 AM

Landry Fields says hiiiiiiiii ... just playing.

But yeah, I was hoping nobody from our forum would make this thread. C'mon now, we've won games against good teams but we've also lost to Minnesota. Can we please wait until we make the playoffs? This is why it's so hard to post your opinion in the NBA forum without being called a Knicks homer :pity:

MustWinGame7
HAHAHA Wadefan45. your user name suits you. but that was definitely, DEFINITELY too much work and not enough chill. maybe spend some of that effort trying to go to a game to watch the heatles/three musketeers and their really sweet opening video where they are all dressed in suits. sick bro.

effen5
Some of you Chicago fans are making this personal now I mean say what u want about our young and improving team that is a Center or a Melo away from being able to beat just about anybody Miami included but don't bring our damn pizza into the the mix. NY pizza is the best on the planet hands down.

NY Pizza is plain as ****

xxplayerxx23
The hard part for Knicks fans to swallow is that their team never will be as good as the Suns.

If they get melo they will lol. I think if they get a defensive center and A guy like mayo theyd be better then those suns teamsOr just get melo and we are better then the suns teams

tredigs
Landry Fields = GROAT.

RZZZA

oh, please. its greasy cardboard. Real pizza is eaten with a knife and fork, you dig deep into that thing with both hands.

Evolution23
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Instead of hating why not just give props. They just beat the best team in the NBA and have been beating good teams lately. Wasn't that the knock on the Knicks early in the season, that they only beat below .500 teams? Now whats the excuse? Luck?

D Roses Bulls
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
oh, please. its greasy cardboard. Real pizza is eaten with a knife and fork, you dig deep into that thing with both hands.

yeah, every person on TV I see not from new york always says chicago has the best food.

Knicks21
01-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Head down to Johns Pizzeria, they make a mean pizza.

OG "Dee" LOCc
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
lol @ chicago fans being mad we basically wiped the floor with them twice this season. and we'll do it again

UnWantedTheory
Mavericks?

Not anymore. Caron is out for the year & the team is nothing without Dirk. Dirk can't win it alone.

faze38
NY Pizza is plain as ****

Were the hell are u eating NY pizza from. Buying Pizza from Dominios in NY doesn't count as NY pizza!

RZZZA
there we go, and people ask why the Bulls fans and Knicks fans have a rivalry on this board. It all goes back to our food rivalry. It's gone on for a 100 years, predating the 90's team rivalry. It'll never end.

effen5
01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
lol @ chicago fans being mad we basically wiped the floor with them twice this season. and we'll do it again

Do it when Rose Noah and Booz are all playing in the same game k thx

Draco
01-05-2011, 12:32 AM

lol @ knick fans being overly excited about their first winning team since before the previous 9 seasons.

effen5
01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Were the hell are u eating NY pizza from. Buying Pizza from Dominios in NY doesn't count as NY pizza!

http://worstproductplacement.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ninja_turtles_product_placement_6.jpg

:laugh:

nystandup

pizza is meant to be eaten on the go, you fold it up for a quick slice then be on your way. im not trying to eat my pizza with a knife and fork. ill get some veal parm if thats the case. a young calf

faze38

Chicago Pizza sucks and I've had it in Chicago!!!

ManOnFire
Yes they are for real...for a night.

RZZZA
Lombardi's in New York basically invented pizza in America. New York pizza is all thin. Chicago took what you invented, and perfected it, we like our pizza thick because real men like to eat hearty. Thin pizza is for WOMEN, girly New york women with manly Brooklyn accents and hairy armpits.

effen5
01-05-2011, 12:34 AM
One slice of Chicago Deep Dish will fill you up.

nystandup
01-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Lombardi's in New York basically invented pizza in America. New York pizza is all thin. Chicago took what you invented, and perfected it, we like our pizza thick because real men like to eat hearty. Thin pizza is for WOMEN, girly New york women with manly Brooklyn accents and hairy armpits.

been watching your travel channel huh? its debatable who started it in ny but chicago was just jealous and made something way more complicated. simple is better

faze38
01-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Do it when Rose Noah and Booz are all playing in the same game k thx

Don't worry about that we will do that too. To make it worse for u guys we will end up with Melo and then it's not going to be close anymore.

xabial
The hard part for Knicks fans to swallow is that their team never will be as good as the Suns. In the best case scenario if the Knicks were to get Melo they'd be a very exciting team to watch and one that would still lose to the Heat every single year.

And yet one that will mop the floor with the bulls every single year.

Injuries, or no injuries we got Two Wins without Carmelo against the Bulls this year. I'll let You do the Math

nystandup
this convo is making me hungry

effen5
01-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Okkkk enough with the pizza talk.....

Draco
01-05-2011, 12:38 AM

Injuries, or no injuries we got Two Wins without Carmelo against the Bulls this year. I'll let You do the Math

lol.. sure.

effen5
Wow, Knicks fans are delusional, they are talking like they already have Melo....

Melo going to the Nets will kill Knick fans.

Gators123
I'm craving pizza now...

Draco
01-05-2011, 12:39 AM
ok ok, I agree.. injuries or no injuries, defense or no defense, easy schedule or no easy schedule.. the Knicks are for real!

faze38
this convo is making me hungry

+1

Badluck33
LOLBulls.

yeah. agreed! LOL at a 23-10 team.

LOL @ the bulls who haven't been full strength all year and still are winning 70% of their games.

LOL @ the bulls who have the 3rd best record in the east!

LOL @ THE BULLS!!!

Hustla23
Wow.

You Bulls fans have gone too far...

NY Pizza > Chicago Pizza and it's not even remotely close....

MIKE&IKE's
01-05-2011, 12:40 AM
thin crust>deep dish /thread

thebet
01-05-2011, 12:40 AM

Umm... no Math need to be done. Am I the only one realizes that those two wins against Chicago were the flukiest flukes of all flukes!? Adding Melo would make it a little more even.

effen5
01-05-2011, 12:41 AM

LOL @ the bulls who haven't been full strength all year and still are winning 70% of their games.

LOL @ THE BULLS!!!

/thread

Badluck33
LOL @ a bitter knicks fan.

faze38

LOL @ THE BULLS!!!

don't forget

LOL @ 0-2 vs Knicks

Badluck33
01-05-2011, 12:42 AM
thin crust>deep dish /thread

you are delusional.

Gators123
Screw NY and CHI pizza, I'll stick with Pizza hut.

TylerSL
Knicks are good, but thats it. They are not great and I would be suprised if they made it out of the first round this year. IMO they will get Melo in Free Agency and they will be legit contenders then, but as for now they are good, nothing special.

RZZZA
The Knicks are good now, they're no push over team any more. That much is clear.

I've known that for a while though, give me some real news.

You want your props? there it is. Take a picture, copy and paste it, create a file. Why do you need so many pats on the back from people? It reeks of low self esteem

Badluck33
don't forget

LOL @ 0-2 vs Knicks

this.

faze38
01-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Umm... no Math need to be done. Am I the only one realizes that those two wins against Chicago were the flukiest flukes of all flukes!? Adding Melo would make it a little more even.

Once is a fluke twice is a trend!

Bulls_fan90
01-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Landry Fields is the GOAT. He will lead the Knicks to the chip.

Geargo Wallace
01-05-2011, 12:44 AM
they r for real in terms of being a playoff team. In terms of being a contender... hell no. Your reasoning didn't really help your argument that much either.

Weezy
01-05-2011, 12:45 AM
This thread is hilarious.

nystandup
01-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Landry Fields is the GOAT. He will lead the Knicks to the chip.

NO! Deng is def the greatest

thebet
01-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Once is a fluke twice is a trend!
Right. A trend of flukes.

Hustla23
01-05-2011, 12:46 AM
This thread is hilarious.
Your face is hilarious.

xabial
01-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Knicks are playing great ball so far.

Hustla23
01-05-2011, 12:47 AM
**** now I'm hungry and I had dinner not too long ago.

faze38
01-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Right. A trend of flukes.

Well that's cool i'll take that trend of flukes in a 7 game series that sends Chicago home.

nystandup
01-05-2011, 12:49 AM
just embarrassed on national television

Weezy
Your face is hilarious.

You will regret this my good sir. Sooner or later.

RZZZA
put two NY pizzas on top of one another and it still won't be half as good as a Chicago deep dish

New Yorkers are in such a hurry that they have to eat their pizza on the go, they cant sit down, take their time and enjoy it, they're always in such a hurry that they don't have enough time to make their pizza good.

xxplayerxx23
Im so hungry i should go to chiago have some pizza and then come back to ny and test it out. This thread is so ugly we have to now compare pizza and make everybody hungry great.. :P

D Roses Bulls
http://worstproductplacement.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ninja_turtles_product_placement_6.jpg

:laugh:

lmao........ NOW THATS NEW YORK PIZZA

xabial
01-05-2011, 12:50 AM
ok ok, I agree.. injuries or no injuries, defense or no defense, easy schedule or no easy schedule.. the Knicks are for real!

On Christmas day we limited the Bulls to two baskets in the first ten minutes of the 4th quarter, and at one point in the fourth quarter we held you scoreless for eight straight minutes. Let me guess, you were cold? You were injured? I've heard it all. Bulls Fans shouldn't be allowed to lecture the knicks about their defense, when our defense is more than enough to take care of you.

Hustla23
01-05-2011, 12:51 AM
put two NY pizzas on top of one another and it still won't be half as good as a Chicago deep dish

New Yorkers are in such a hurry that they have to eat their pizza on the go, they cant sit down, take their time and enjoy it, they're always in such a hurry that they don't have enough time to make their pizza good.
What?

Chicago pizza is so crappy, that they think they can just make them bigger and people will forget about how crappy they are.

Quality over quantity.

Hustla23
01-05-2011, 12:52 AM
You will regret this my good sir. Sooner or later.
It's too bad the most badass thing I can do is wolfgang fist. :(

nystandup

thats actually exactly why pizza was made. pizza is meant for the hands. screw knife and fork

thebet
Well that's cool i'll take that trend of flukes in a 7 game series that sends Chicago home.
Well a trend of flukes involving two wins wont exactly clinch a 7 game series... But I appreciate your optimism. I mean if Michael Bay can still make movies, then why not? Anything is possible.

Draco
01-05-2011, 12:53 AM
On Christmas day we limited the Bulls to two baskets in the first ten minutes of the 4th quarter, and at one point in the fourth quarter we held you scoreless for eight straight minutes. Let me guess, you were cold? You were injured? I've heard it all. Bulls Fans shouldn't be allowed to lecture the knicks about their defense, when our defense is more than enough to take care of you.

The Bulls are 2nd in def efficiency, the Knicks are 21st

MSG34
01-05-2011, 12:53 AM
I don't think for real is really the right phrase. Definitely improved. At most a threat to move to the 2nd round though.

faze38
01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
what?

Chicago pizza is so crappy, that they think they can just make them bigger and people will forget about how crappy they are.

Quality over quantity.

+1

Bullsfan22
01-05-2011, 12:55 AM

knicks fans getting cocky because of two regular seasons games..do it in the playoffs.

Weezy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDmk1T9YHjM

Evolution23
NY Dominos> Best Chicago Pizza + Landry Fields > Rose = Ownage

nystandup

does that even matter, just look at the head to head matchup

knicks4life33
01-05-2011, 12:56 AM
chicago style pizza sucks and i had it in chi town before . dont even compare it to ny like seriously

RZZZA
Barbarians eat with their hands, civilized people use utensils

nystandup
chicago style pizza sucks and i had it in chi town before . dont even compare it to ny like seriously

its not even pizza

Draco
does that even matter, just look at the head to head matchup

why would looking at a head to head match up matter?

nystandup
01-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Barbarians eat with their hands, civilized people use utensils

i take that as a compliment cuz im a beast

faze38
01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
knicks fans getting cocky because of two regular seasons games..do it in the playoffs.

I hope we do get u guys first so we can extend the first round losing streak u guys have going!

nystandup
01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
why would looking at a head to head match up matter?

in comparing knicks and bulls. i would think the more telling statistics would be how we do against eachother. the knicks up tempo style lures teams into playing at our pace and throws them off their game. hence tonights game vs the spurs

Kashmir13579
01-05-2011, 12:59 AM
You should agree with the second part as well.

Teams that don't play defense don't scare anyone in the playoffs. That's really their major knock.

I'm not trying to hate or anything, but seriously I'm sure some Knicks fans will agree with I'm about to ask... but does D'Anthoni have any sort of defensive IQ telling his players to switch on every pick and roll? Guy is a moron when it comes to defense.

i absolutely agree with you, and to be honest i can't stand Mike D'antoni. I think he's a terrible coach. but c'mon man, there were plenty of teams that were scared of the Suns.

xabial
01-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Pizza's taking over.

D Roses Bulls
01-05-2011, 01:00 AM

hit the whisky much? I think so ;)

beasted86
01-05-2011, 01:00 AM
what?

Quality over quantity.

+1

D Roses Bulls
01-05-2011, 01:01 AM
+1

says a person who probably has never been to chicago once in his life time.

RZZZA
its not even pizza

LOL, you think NY pizza is real pizza? You'd be surprised at the REAL real pizzas, like from Italy. Italians consider the way Americans make pizza to be a travesty and abomination, theyre very strict about ingredients and what toppings can go on the pizza.

I don't think they'd be pleased with NY or Chicago pizza. They'd be like "sausage and pepperoni on a pizza? Oobatz vafuncullo!"

nystandup
this has been fun. i wish we would argue about food more often but time to play some COD

Badluck33
01-05-2011, 01:02 AM
i'd like to see what would happen if the bulls played the knicks w/o Amare. I still think the bulls would lose and it would be by a large margin.

D Roses Bulls
this has been fun. i wish we would argue about food more often but time to play some COD

If you have PS3, i'll play you sometime and kick your *** CHICAGO STYLE ;)

Badluck33
+1

u have no room to talk. i'd rather eat hot garbage than any pizza from south beach.

beasted86
01-05-2011, 01:03 AM
says a person who probably has never been to chicago once in his life time.

Actually I have, once. I drove over a summer from Indy to Chi while visiting family and spent a weekend.

I am from NY btw.

Kashmir13579
01-05-2011, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDmk1T9YHjM
:laugh2:

beasted86
u have no room to talk. i'd rather eat hot garbage than any pizza from south beach.

Which moron comes to Miami to eat Pizza? :confused:

D Roses Bulls
Actually I have, once. I drove over a summer from Indy to Chi while visiting family and spent a weekend.

I am from NY btw.

that would explain why you like the pizza better then

iggypop123
lol 12 pages

Slimsim
How did this get to 11 pages so fast ?

tangent12
Nah.

xxplayerxx23

Hate to agree with a chiago fan but i agree hate the pizza in miami or anywhere in flordia lmao

nystandup
LOL, you think NY pizza is real pizza? You'd be surprised at the REAL real pizzas, like from Italy. Italians consider the way Americans make pizza to be a travesty and abomination, theyre very strict about ingredients and what toppings can go on the pizza.

I don't think they'd be pleased with NY or Chicago pizza. They'd be like "sausage and pepperoni on a pizza? Oobatz vafuncullo!"

i know its diff in italy but for americans sake ny pizza was made by italians that came over from italy

RZZZA
I bet Miami has good puerto rican food

D Roses Bulls

you guys do have miami subs :laugh:

xabial
01-05-2011, 01:05 AM

No knick fan getting cocky because knicks held bulls scoreless for 8:18 minutes in the 4th quarter and two buckets in the first ten minutes. Knick fan showing cockiness over knick defense on Bulls.

RZZZA
i know its diff in italy but for americans sake ny pizza was made by italians that came over from italy

so was Chicago pizza...

or do you think our pizza is made by polacks?

Badluck33

exactly.

D Roses Bulls
how did this get to 11 pages so fast ?

pizza..................

RZZZA
01-05-2011, 01:07 AM
thread derailment successful. And with that, I bid you, adieu

faze38
in comparing knicks and bulls. i would think the more telling statistics would be how we do against eachother. the knicks up tempo style lures teams into playing at our pace and throws them off their game. hence tonights game vs the spurs

x 1000 here we make all teams run and if a team doesn't have the fire power to keep up they are in trouble. If we do get Melo I feel bad for everyone else because even if u force us into a half court game Melo is gonna eat u up anyways so their wouldn't be much teams can do to stop us. Our D would still be in trouble tho because we need a big man that can run and play strong D!

Matrix3132
i will say this.

I could go into this w/u but I'm not....

Badluck33

I agree. I'd also add Cuban to that bet as well.

pizza..................

deep dish giordanos sounds real good right now

Weezy
Miami just has them ladies man. End topic for them.

Knicks21
01-05-2011, 01:08 AM

Italy Pizza is as thin as you can get. Yours is more of a pie than a pizza. I've been to Italy, and the Pizza aint that great imo.

D Roses Bulls
Eat at miami subs grill, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNHDj7_v1I

NYKnicks4511
lol @ knick fans being overly excited about their first winning team since before the previous 9 seasons.

Lol @ Mr. High Horse not realizing the Bulls haven't won anything in the past 9 years either.

Draco
01-05-2011, 01:09 AM

Assuming injuries wouldn't have impacted player conditioning, integration or winning games, and assuming that the team wouldn't benefit heading into the post season with a lot more games playing together under their belt.. and assuming that Amare won't wear down heading into the post season and that the Knicks style of play can translate seamlessly into a seven game series.. then yes, I think those two games could be very telling.

D Roses Bulls
I agree. I'd also add Cuban to that bet as well.

deep dish giordanos sounds real good right now

I actually have that in the fridge right now. I live down the street from one.

justinnum1
Im really hoping knicks and bulls see each other in the first round.

beasted86
you guys do have miami subs :laugh:

I hope that was just a lame joke, cause either you have never been to Miami, or did total lame stuff like a scared turtle who didn't want to try out all the great food cause he was afraid to try something new.

But I honestly tend to think you were not joking by remembering of all places Miami Subs.

xabial
01-05-2011, 01:10 AM

The bulls are 0-2 vs the Knicks. Knicks are 2-0.

We're fast paced and lead the league in scoring. Traditionally, our defense shouldnt be that great. (101, more after the 128 Win over the Spurs) You can expect to win every game with shut down defense when the other team will get much more possessions because of your system

If your 2nd in def. efficiency why did you allow 103 points, against us on Christmas day? Or 112 points the game before that? Lets go back in circles and say your missing Boozer or noah when you when you were versing us. Didnt you miss either boozer or Noah for a huge chunk of this season? yet your still 2nd in defensive effiency? Stats dont show the whole picture.

Draco
01-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Lol @ Mr. High Horse not realizing the Bulls haven't won anything in the past 9 years either.

Only knick fans would think that their joke of a team in the last decade was on equal footing with any other team that didn't "win anything" in the past 9 years.

SportsAndrew25
Like Amar'e said, the Knicks are back.....BUT there's still a lot of room for improvement..and the area that needs improvement is our defense. Defense wins championships. You gotta to stop the best of the best in the playoffs.

Badluck33
I actually have that in the fridge right now. I live down the street from one.

Giordanos the next day is BETTER than the 1st. (DEEP DISH)

I can eat 2 slices on a medium when its out of oven. I can eat like 6 the next morning, cold or warm.

NYKnicks4511
Even one of the thousands of "Ray's Pizza" knockoffs kills the competition.

btw the real Rays Pizza is on Prince street.

faze38
01-05-2011, 01:12 AM

Hell no they make great cuban food but they can't mess with real PR food. Well considering my mom is straight from the island i guess i'm extremly critical of PR food from resturants.

D Roses Bulls
I hope that was just a lame joke, cause either you have never been to Miami, or did total lame stuff like a scared turtle who didn't want to try out all the great food cause he was afraid to try something new.

LOL...... I was actually born in palm beach and lived in miami and im not making fun of miami subs grill, I actually like that place. I just was laughing cause it came to mind and yeah of a embarrassing moment that happen one time eating there.

Matrix3132
i will say this.

Oh yeah? I know defense is obviously important but lets look at the facts. D'antoni coached four full seasons with phx, making the playoffs in all 4 years.

04/05 - Lost in conference finals after Joe Johnson fractured his face in the conference semi's

05/06 - Lost in conference finals after Amare missed the whole season (Diaw/Marion were their bigs...)

06/07 - Lost in conference semis to the spurs after the controversial suspensions of Amare/Diaw for leaving the teams bench (Spurs went on to sweep the cavs...)

07/08 - Lost in first round after the suns traded perhaps the best run and gun player they had (marion) for the leagues worst run and gun player of all time (shaq), can't fault dantoni here

Suns would've been the 06/07 champs if the league made the right call. All teams have bad luck but Dantoni's teams have had some awful luck at the worst moments and were never able to play at full strength in the postseason

D Roses Bulls
01-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Even one of the thousands of "Ray's Pizza" knockoffs kills the competition.

btw the real Rays Pizza is on Prince street.

Girodanos,ginos east, luminatti's> the thousands of rays

Draco
01-05-2011, 01:13 AM

We're fast paced and lead the league in scoring. Traditionally, our defense shouldnt be that great. (101, more after the 128 Win over the Spurs) You can expect to win every game with shut down defense when the other team will get much more possessions because of your system

If your 2nd in def. efficiency why did you allow 103 points, against us on Christmas day? Or 112 points the game before that? Lets go back in circles and say your missing Boozer or noah when you when you were versing us. Didnt you miss either boozer or Noah for a huge chunk of this season? yet your still 2nd in defensive effiency? Stats dont show the whole picture.

gee, why look at 33 or some odd games when just looking at 2 games would make my point.

Geargo Wallace
01-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Wu-Tang Clan + Nas > Kanye West + Common

faze38
01-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Miami just has them ladies man. End topic for them.

Go to PR and u will see the same thing if not more!

RZZZA
01-05-2011, 01:19 AM

I'll agree to that. If there's one thing New York did right, it's 90's gangsta rap.

Chronz
01-05-2011, 01:20 AM

I dont think you know what Defensive Efficiency measures, its independent of pace. It measures how many PTS youve allowed in those possessions, not how many pts youve allowed total.

RZZZA
01-05-2011, 01:21 AM
I could certainly use more sex. And pizza. preferably both at the same time

Bullsfan22
01-05-2011, 01:22 AM

Geargo Wallace
01-05-2011, 01:22 AM
I'll agree to that. If there's one thing New York did right, it's 90's gangsta rap.

props

D Roses Bulls
01-05-2011, 01:23 AM
your choice to knock this thread rather than contribute says that you either have no good taste in food/pizza or you have never tasted a good pizza.

I dont know where the FCK you get the virgin part from?

I was just going to say that...... maybe he was writing in his journal bout how he is a virgin and it some how was copied and pasted on here. :shrug:

xabial
I dont think you know what Defensive Efficiency measures, its independent of pace. It measures how many PTS youve allowed in those possessions, not how many pts youve allowed total.

I know what it means, im just showing that stats dont always show the whole picture. Bulls allowed 103, and 112 to the Knicks, and im trying to make an argue individual statistics dont matter in a seven game series.

Geargo Wallace
I could certainly use more sex. And pizza. preferably both at the same time

you're a regular George Costanza

Giraffes Rule
Meh, by this logic the Clippers are a legit team too.

Matrix3132
01-05-2011, 01:25 AM

Lol, yes all 500 wu tang members and nas are better than two guys....

But if you add doom, mos def, black thought, kweli, qtip, etc. they could give 'em a run!

xabial
01-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Fifteen Solid pages of debating pizza and in this forum? You think you've seen everything.

kingbrentg
01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Yeah.. this is way off topic.

This may be re-opened, but for now. Bye bye.